Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D2)

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 pm
Poison wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 pm So this is an assumption and lemme ask you this, do you think a scum would be town reading all town members and scum read his teammate, hmmm, kinda meh right? how about we look at the bigger picture -
Day 1, scum getting scum read to and fro, a townie getting scum read to and fro [if you don't believe I'm town just assume here] what would the scum do?
Try to give explanations and lynch the townie as if it's their solid scum read? Or any other thing he would have done?

Is it so unbelievable a scenario?
Vulgard was not town reading all the town members. He voted for Marmot soon after the post in question. He pushed for Syn consistently throughout the day and Alison early on. He pushed hard on Mac after LC flipped. I think those are two members.
I think Vulgard being under such significant pressure from such an early stage would force him to do some things he normally wouldn't. That's not a comfortable position to be in for anybody, let alone a wolf in a relatively new environment. He had to be careful and also probably try to start setting up some distance between himself and his partner(s). I think his interactions with you look the most like what I'd assume distancing would look like in this instance.
Okay then, all I can say is the assumption is wrong here, because even Vulgard knew he would not be able to push a lynch on anyone you mentioned but me. His push on me made more sense than the others but I can't change your mind.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 pm @Poison explain this post to me in a world where Enrique is mafia. #216 in case the link doesn't work.

He goes from hard defending Vulgard, who was under heavy pressure, to attacking Long Con, who was under little to no pressure, unprovoked in the same post.
In my last game as mafia and two games before that as town, the scum mates kinda did this. I won't say it's impossible from scum at all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:59 pmWhat I understood from the first made me say the quoted part. Because, as I said, that part mainly focused on aggressiveness and early distancing, which I still stand by with my earlier quote. I don't think I amde the statement without understanding that part you wrote. Unlike the latter part I agreed to. That part was specified and clear.
Then why did you ask what I meant?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 pm @Poison explain this post to me in a world where Enrique is mafia. #216 in case the link doesn't work.

He goes from hard defending Vulgard, who was under heavy pressure, to attacking Long Con, who was under little to no pressure, unprovoked in the same post.
In my last game as mafia and two games before that as town, the scum mates kinda did this. I won't say it's impossible from scum at all.
Can you go into more specifics about this? What exactly did they do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:37 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 pm I don't understand how that clears Enrique.
"I'm going to defend the one partner who's being treated as a piñata but give no solid justification for it and then, in the same breath, turn around and bury my other partner who nobody's even talking about" does not seem like a likely thought process from a member of the mafia team.

But I am open to Enrique being scum and will listen to arguments.

But also, more importantly, my question was specifically intended for Poison.
My take on the scum is Enrique/FG. And if not them probably you are the deep wolf. I don't see anyother person here who is one.

Vulgard was a certain lynch either Day 1 or Day 2. LC was playing different from his town game and it was quite visible and people would have caught him later on. Going after vul like everybody would be so mainstream and more like sheeping when Enrique is not even that active or loud with his opinions, at least not much.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also what is my alignment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:07 pm
Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:59 pmWhat I understood from the first made me say the quoted part. Because, as I said, that part mainly focused on aggressiveness and early distancing, which I still stand by with my earlier quote. I don't think I amde the statement without understanding that part you wrote. Unlike the latter part I agreed to. That part was specified and clear.
Then why did you ask what I meant?
Hmm I wanted you to explain more on the aggressive part and the early distancjng part I guess?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:08 pm Also what is my alignment?
I don't know. I want to believe you are town but I'm still cannot go any further than null. Cause if you are the deep wolf. Town is doomed. I don't plan to just sheep read you, cause my flip might end up people diving into their read progession on me and you never know which would seem forced and which won't, so I'm just reading everyone exactly how it is seeming to me. Nothing more, nothing less. No sheeping.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

*I still
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Progression ** yo what's wrong with me.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 pm
I don't know. I want to believe you are town but I'm still cannot go any further than null. Cause if you are the deep wolf. Town is doomed. I don't plan to just sheep read you, cause my flip might end up people diving into their read progession on me and you never know which would seem forced and which won't, so I'm just reading everyone exactly how it is seeming to me. Nothing more, nothing less. No sheeping.
What have I done that prevents you from town-reading me? Do you have any reason to be actively suspicious of me? Why am I specifically the “deep wolf” candidate?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:13 pm
What have I done that prevents you from town-reading me? Do you have any reason to be actively suspicious of me? Why am I specifically the “deep wolf” candidate?
Why can't you accept the fact that I'm not town reading you, Specifically, when you scum read me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:14 pm
Why can't you accept the fact that I'm not town reading you, Specifically, when you scum read me?
Because I haven’t seen you explain why the read exists yet, and this I am struggling to believe that it is genuine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

As for the reason
- mostly a feeling.
- your assessment on me is bad and I cannot let it go because I know who am I and it seems like the easy tunnel to mislynch I would expect scum to do.
- you are having the possibilities of me being town in a few rare posts but that seems like a setting for future?

The only positive thing apart from you activity would be, you voting for Vulgard last day and not me, cause I think with LC down, it won't make sense for you to vote vul as scum. But if we look at bigger picture why won't you vote vul to save you a spot in the town core?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:17 pm
Because I haven’t seen you explain why the read exists yet, and this I am struggling to believe that it is genuine.
If we talking about genuine reads, how do you perceive Enrique's reads on others?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:17 pm
If we talking about genuine reads, how do you perceive Enrique's reads on others?
I haven’t looked into them. Are there any that you specifically object to?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:18 pm As for the reason
- mostly a feeling.
- your assessment on me is bad and I cannot let it go because I know who am I and it seems like the easy tunnel to mislynch I would expect scum to do.
- you are having the possibilities of me being town in a few rare posts but that seems like a setting for future?

The only positive thing apart from you activity would be, you voting for Vulgard last day and not me, cause I think with LC down, it won't make sense for you to vote vul as scum. But if we look at bigger picture why won't you vote vul to save you a spot in the town core?
I can do nothing with “mostly a feeling.”
Points 2 & 3 in conjunction paint a scenario in which I cannot win. Either I read you as scum, which (in your eyes) is bad, or I consider the alternative of you being town which is again (in your eyes) bad.

You are my top suspect and I have reason to town read everybody else. The thread has been dead today, presumably because everyone else is accepting your fate as a foregone conclusion. If I was fully satisfied with this result, I would not still be questioning you right now. As a civilian, it is my imperative to keep talking to you and to consider the future so that we have those possible other worlds set up in the event that you do flip town. I am doing all of this because I want you to show me that you are town and that somebody else is not.

Why does it seem bad that I specifically am wrong about you when nobody else (except for you) has made a case for any other suspect today? If I am wrong, the whole thread is wrong. Why am I singled out?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Not really, but it we look at their iso it makes more sense that he is a scummate to vul.
-refuses to vote vul who could have been lynched.
-votes a person who would not get lynched [LC was not going to get lynched, their vote ans sus does not clear him at all.]
- votes the player who would get lynched in place of vul.

Their overall play has not been much either. Nothing worth town reading him for. Not much explanations on their reads either. They also seems to be demotivated, what you'd expect a scum to be rn.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Poison wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:18 pm As for the reason
- mostly a feeling.

I can do nothing with “mostly a feeling.”
Points 2 & 3 in conjunction paint a scenario in which I cannot win. Either I read you as scum, which (in your eyes) is bad, or I consider the alternative of you being town which is again (in your eyes) bad.

You are my top suspect and I have reason to town read everybody else. The thread has been dead today, presumably because everyone else is accepting your fate as a foregone conclusion. If I was fully satisfied with this result, I would not still be questioning you right now. As a civilian, it is my imperative to keep talking to you and to consider the future so that we have those possible other worlds set up in the event that you do flip town. I am doing all of this because I want you to show me that you are town and that somebody else is not.

Why does it seem bad that I specifically am wrong about you when nobody else (except for you) has made a case for any other suspect today? If I am wrong, the whole thread is wrong. Why am I singled out?
I don't know tbh. I think it's mostly a me problem because I rarely get sussed by others when I'm town and it just does not sit well with me. But I mean I should be expecting this when I'm changing playstyle. But either way -

You are singled out because -
1. You did the most work and even after diving that much deep your conclusions are wrong and I rarely see you considering a different world.
2. I have reasons to town read TSP, nutella and Marmot. On the other hand I am scum reading FG and Enrique yoia re in neither list. Because you have good sides as well as bad one.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am going out for a bit. I’ll be back for about an hour. As a show of good faith, i’m putting a vote on enrique for now. I encourage anyone else who’s here right now to take a look at him and try to determine his alignment one way or another. I took a quick glance at yesterday and came out with one post that I felt pointed strongly to him being town, but I did not do a thorough scan of his play as a whole.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:33 pm I am going out for a bit. I’ll be back for about an hour. As a show of good faith, i’m putting a vote on enrique for now. I encourage anyone else who’s here right now to take a look at him and try to determine his alignment one way or another. I took a quick glance at yesterday and came out with one post that I felt pointed strongly to him being town, but I did not do a thorough scan of his play as a whole.
I'm gonna go to bed, I'll either wake up being dead on the game (90%) or we probably win.

Either way making this post considering myself as the dead meat. Look into Enrique / FG. Tsp is 100% town. Or I won't have ice cream for a week. Marmot too. And nutella towny as well.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

265 posts. Not bad. Anyways good night!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You are singled out because -
1. You did the most work and even after diving that much deep your conclusions are wrong and I rarely see you considering a different world.
Want to quickly say this, because I think this is a point that a lot of people have backwards in mafia.

Look at the thread right now. It is dead. I would say that I am the one putting in the most work, at least visibly. A member of the mafia team in this situation does not need to put in work, assuming you are town. There is no resistance, the clock is running out, and everyone agrees with the conclusion. Mafia can sit back and wait for that result and let the town be unprepared for the future. More than that, mafia can let a civilian do the work and hang back, this wiping their hands clean of your mischop. I think mafia members in situations like this are much more likely to be quietly hanging back than “putting in work.” This is a general point, not strictly self-defense right now. I don’t need self-defense. I’m in no danger.

There are definitely scenarios where wolves need to exert effort to get a player chopped. This is not one of them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Flashbacks to Search For Quin when I was mischopped for being “the only one pushing a narrative” when I was, in fact, the only person in the thread who was posting at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I take back what I said, I can't really think of a reason why I'd read Enrique as town. He also hasn't done his homework yet.

Funnygurl I suspected for lack of early activity, but she changed my mind on that.

I like Poison's effort and her vote yesterday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hey, what if nutella and TSP are mafia teammates and they vigged Long Con for some cred?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[mention]Enrique[/mention] how did you go from this to this?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:06 pm Hey, what if nutella and TSP are mafia teammates and they vigged Long Con for some cred?
That would mean we started the game at 8 vs 4 in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Day end in ~40 minutes, just so we're all aware.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Enrique »

Few comments:

1. Poison knows I'm not scum and has nothing against me. She's trying to clear herself and in the process point at the two other people who she thinks are lynchable, which on the one hand, self-preservation is understandable, but in this case also dishonest.
2. [mention]Marmot[/mention] I thought that post made you look good but later forgot about it. It's not a very radical jump in the two posts you cited either; I don't have strong feelings about you, but I do about most other players in the thread.
3. Re: my whole situation with Vulgard... true, I was wrong. I didn't think the case against him had legs, and based on that initial dismissal I didn't pay enough attention to the developments that resulted in him getting caught. Sloonei correctly points out that if it were for me though we would have lynched LC that day, and it's easy to assume Vulgard would have soon followed. I don't think this "clears me" completely, I'm not going for a supatown role in the thread discussion, but as a matter of fact I do have a town role and want to win this game as such.
4. If it comes to it, I believe [mention]nutella[/mention] should be able to clear me. I targeted her last night. She should know it wasn't something bad.
5. I've been a little removed from the thread today. I was super invested but I think the 24+ hour break kinda killed my momentum. I'm still reading, and though I'm not perfectly caught up on everything that's been discussed, I don't think that much has happened and I'm still following fine.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Enrique[/mention] if we're wrong about Poison, who should we look at next?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I will be voting for [VOTE: Poison] aubergine. The one thing holding me back before was how out of sync her reads were with stuff we knew from the thread. Now I see it's bad faith opportunism.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm @Enrique if we're wrong about Poison, who should we look at next?
If we're wrong about Poison, if it's anyone currently in the thread, I think it would have to be Funnygurl. I think there's a decent chance that we'll get a bunch of new players we haven't had the chance to read though and hopefully they'll be armed with useful information.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm @Enrique if we're wrong about Poison, who should we look at next?
If we're wrong about Poison, if it's anyone currently in the thread, I think it would have to be Funnygurl. I think there's a decent chance that we'll get a bunch of new players we haven't had the chance to read though and hopefully they'll be armed with useful information.
Why funnygurl?

I was wary of her earlier in the day, but I think Vulgard's progression on her in particular makes her look very, very good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Enrique wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm 4. If it comes to it, I believe @nutella should be able to clear me. I targeted her last night. She should know it wasn't something bad.
ok

this checks out

don't think it's 100% clearing but
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

actually a previous game of nanook's had a similar town role iirc
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:47 am Characters and abilities are not alignment-indicative.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

fair enough

yeah I'm certainly not clearing enrique then

now we wait and see if my conditional vig works on him
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Poison trustfall:
Her assumption that the mafia team controls the mechanic which removes players from the thread is odd and possibly not in line with the realty of the thread. A member of the mafia team would not incorrectly assume this, and it would be a clever thing to fake.
Her effort today has been better than null. I still wish she had been able to produce more concrete reads on any of her suspects (the needle doesn't seem to have moved much on any of them), but she's in a deflating position either way here so I do not think it is damning that she hasn't poured a ton of effort into solving the game when she's being faced with a million questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Enrique wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36 pm
Why funnygurl?

I was wary of her earlier in the day, but I think Vulgard's progression on her in particular makes her look very, very good.
Because it's not nutella, very likely not you or TSP, and that leaves Marmot and funnygurl. As I said I'm pretty neutral on Marmot, and he just linked me to a post where I got a good vibe from him so I guess that's happened at least once. It's the opposite with Fg. There really isn't that much either but I haven't liked much of the buttering certain players, egging on a few others, and focusing so much on herself all the time (when she hasn't been seriously under that much of a threat). There's also the fact that she had one of the most consequential votes on Day 1. I was wrong about Vulgard and I recognize it, but my wrongness is there for all to see. Fg suspected them first and then abstained from the vote, not trying to save him but also making sure it was still a possibility and she wasn't directly linked to it.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:48 pm fair enough

yeah I'm certainly not clearing enrique then

now we wait and see if my conditional vig works on him
Don't you get a pretty positive effect from what I did?
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Do we vote Poison just for a reveal? That's what it feels like to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't know what a conditional vig is...
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:51 pm I don't know what a conditional vig is...
she can shoot anyone but it only goes through if she targets the correct person, i think. like what happened with lc.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:51 pm Do we vote Poison just for a reveal? That's what it feels like to me.
Why not Enrique?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:51 pm Do we vote Poison just for a reveal? That's what it feels like to me.
Why not Enrique?
Because of recent events. But yes, that's an option too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Oh yeah ok lmao. Well if it won't kill me if I'm town go for it. Even if it's "wasted" there's probably only one or two scums left and I'm sure we can get them.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

funnygurl is no-voting again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Why not Enrique?
Because of recent events. But yes, that's an option too.
which recent events?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The one where enrique said he did things to nutella and should be given some credit for it

And nutella's subsequent acknowledgement

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”