Total votes: 13
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 3]

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:16 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:04 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:16 pm I think it is absolutely hysterical how mesmerized people are by a single post that can really just be taken at face value.

Allison and Otto did get serious early. I wanted to make a note of it because I remember things better if I write them than if if I just think them, and I expected that to be important...somehow. I legit didn't know HOW it would be important and openly said so...again as much for myself as anything.

Later, when I had more to work with on them I opted more for "sheep" than "suss." I think that was obvious.

Hugh, I cannot tell you what an honor it is being the subject of such a massive project. I am extremely pleased at how many of my posts made you laugh.

One clarification for the record, I did create a MrBurns account, because I had no clue what "sock puppets" meant. That account got dumped and an actual sock puppet account got created...Mr. Burns with a period and a space. Sloonei is apparently a stickler for punctuation, and I wasn't mad at him, I was just in a massively foul humor at my cable company and they had made EVERYTHING ten times harder, including getting that sorted out.

I did read the whole wall, but going back to look for specific questions is too much for a busy man with a nuclear power plant to mismanage, so if you have specific questions you want answered pull them out.
It was a fun read. There weren't really questions where I'm looking at answers, mostly voiced out theories and rhetorical stuff. And yeah I figured something was going on since I remember seeing it in the sign up.

Who are you looking at not named Lisa?
Everybody? Generally the only thing I accept as really clearing is spiking a wolf...so in this clownfest (no offense Krusty) I have no serious clears.

I'm not pleased with Marge. I'm an easy suss and an easy vote. I'm a notoriously hard push. Coming in and dropping an easy to explain vote on me, but not really getting in the back and forth of a push is what people who know me do as wolves. But this wasn't a case of someone who knows me. At the same time, even not knowing me, why does she mark me as top suspect for now a third straight day and NEVER really engage on it? Suss as hell, really.

I'm a little sketchy on Grumpus. I have liked a good bit of his stuff, but on some level that's a problem. Given the piles of total awkwardness and the questions about "up to date" language and all that the times where he comes off smooth are like...too smooth? As in maybe the whole "out of touch haven't played in a long time" is a cover adopted for a sock puppet game and that smoothness showing through is a real player that wants to be underestimated. I dunno.

And even though I know it's wrong I would have had to admit I wanted to kill Skinner if it weren't for that recent brain surgery.
That's a fair process I guess.

She was absent I guess, she's expanded on it though recently and it mirrors the take I had on most of your D1 in that huge post. Do you suspect her only for your handling of you?

This feels like a stretch lol. I don't know I'm not getting those vibes at all, and like I'm failing to see how that would work.

Speaking of him, the new version hasn't showed up yet. Don't think we got the results from last night.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I will do my best mom.

Can you tell me if i am wrong about Hugh and why?

[mention]Marge Simpson[/mention]
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:55 pm I will do my best mom.

Can you tell me if i am wrong about Hugh and why?

@Marge Simpson
didn't read them at all but will find time to do so at some point
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:50 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:46 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm Hugh, I am bothered by the effort you made with lack of conclusion on Burns.
Why? The point of it is writing my thoughts on a posts by posts basis, there is no conclusion based simply on it since it's only his D1 and I'm still in the process of reading him and engaging him. He's still in my PoE, and if you want a conclusion of that specific part on him it's in the meat of the post.
Why do you feel the need to take all his posts and analyze them, looks like an unnecessary work.
It's not unnecessary to me, I enjoyed it. It helps feel the void of having been absent D1 where I would have interacted with his posts more directly.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

A good PoE is 5 here Burns, what 2 names would you add to the 3?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

That would be unfortunate about Skinner to not find out his result, and for this i think he is lock villager for me because as wolf he would try to clear someone sharing what he knows.

I am very curious to check who pushed him before the claim.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:33 pm Hugh, I am bothered by the effort you made with lack of conclusion on Burns.
Why? The point of it is writing my thoughts on a posts by posts basis, there is no conclusion based simply on it since it's only his D1 and I'm still in the process of reading him and engaging him. He's still in my PoE, and if you want a conclusion of that specific part on him it's in the meat of the post.
Why do you feel the need to take all his posts and analyze them, looks like an unnecessary work.
It's not unnecessary to me, I enjoyed it. It helps feel the void of having been absent D1 where I would have interacted with his posts more directly.
I forgot you were absent...
Makes sense now. I have to give you space then.

I will make a science vote on sis, maybe she comes and plays more active.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

[VOTE: [mention]Lisa Simpson[/mention] ] aubergine
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

the problem I have with Burns is that he's the one player that I often misread as a town, most likely because of play style differences or stuff, i dunno

but fmpov he's only pushed villagers and has the actives cleared for ~no reason. also, his PoE looks like it's all villagers too.

I just don't see why he's so locked on in the other reads because as far as I'm aware he has no reasons to town read Alison, Bart, Otto, Hugh

unless I'm missing stuff

and idgi, after seeing like 4 town flips in lurkers, you're gonna double down on the lhf PoE instead of questioning the actives that you, again, have apparently no reason to clear?

wat
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Hugh Jass »

Hugh Jass wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:04 pm This is roughly where I'm at I think

Skinner
Bart
Allison
Otto
Marge
Homer

PoE -

CBG
Grumple
Grandpa
Mr. Burns
Krusty
Lisa

I'm treating Skinner as a mod-confirmed slot seeing the absence of any CC, so he's blue in a 2 color rainbow. Marge dropped a little bit, I think 24 hours ago making this rainbow she'd have topped it (outside Skinner). I feel pretty confident about the top 4 if I'm reading the game anyway close to correctly. Homer over CBG and Grumple was pretty tough, they're all in the same ballpark of gth town. I'd say Grumple looks the best from an objective stand point with his content from D1 but I just have a stronger feel for Homer. The gut knows best I guess. Anyway both are in the PoE 'cause it requires 6 names and they're the weakest links. I've somewhat mellowed out on Grandpa although I'm still waiting for some active content that doesn't revolve around low posters.
This is where I was at last phase. CBG flipped, so 5 remains in the bottom. Grandpa's continued to trend up after this point, liked his EoD. Felt like there was genuine intention to entertain cases and go for a good chop. His take on Lisa was fair I guess, and there was progression there this day's start. He reached a conclusion similar to mind. I don't remember much from him though since then, want to hear his thoughts past Lisa. Outside of him, that leaves Grumple, Krusty, Burns and Lisa. I don't think you can make a 3 persons team from this I don't know lol. Especially since Grumple is GTH town just like CBG, and I don't really have anything against him outside of just having stronger town leans. Not sure who's burning me here, we'll get to the bottom of that
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:03 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:56 pm
I forgot you were absent...
Makes sense now. I have to give you space then.

I will make a science vote on sis, maybe she comes and plays more active.
What are your thoughts on Lisa outside of wanting to hear more from her?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I had an implied TR from you on her in the post you quoted my wall reads
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Or was that just you taking issue with how I went about reading her?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I'll be back later :beer:
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:51 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:48 pm So I made mine...Lisa, Marge, Grumple
make a short summary of what you got on these people, please?

is your scum read on me just based on my Homer D1 read? because it looks like it
Nahhh...I've said it a couple times that it is more your focus on and handling of me. I have clearly been top of your list pretty much since game start, and you've had pretty limited presence so most of that presence (by the numbers) has been about me...but you've never really pushed me. Like I'd have to look but this is off the top of my head the first time you've really interacted with me, and I haven't noticed you pushing anyone else to back your vote.

It's like "Burns is an easy place to park a vote, and I wouldn't want him to actually get chopped because I'd need a new parking place tomorrow."
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:58 pm A good PoE is 5 here Burns, what 2 names would you add to the 3?
Two of you, Grampa, and Krusty...but I am afraid that three is all I get really. If I don't hit one in those first three I'm out. If I hit one then I throw a party out all reads and assess based on a red flip.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 pm That would be unfortunate about Skinner to not find out his result, and for this i think he is lock villager for me because as wolf he would try to clear someone sharing what he knows.

I am very curious to check who pushed him before the claim.
Me, among others...I had narrowed it down to "I will put these two useless lumps under pressure until one turns into a diamond...or at least shows a reason not to kill them...and then I will kill the other." Sort of close to the last minute one lump turned into a Mac and the other turned into a tracker...that's how EoD one became a clusterfuck as everyone bailed off the two that were...well, not agreed on but just not really being defended.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm the problem I have with Burns is that he's the one player that I often misread as a town, most likely because of play style differences or stuff, i dunno

but fmpov he's only pushed villagers and has the actives cleared for ~no reason. also, his PoE looks like it's all villagers too.

I just don't see why he's so locked on in the other reads because as far as I'm aware he has no reasons to town read Alison, Bart, Otto, Hugh

unless I'm missing stuff

and idgi, after seeing like 4 town flips in lurkers, you're gonna double down on the lhf PoE instead of questioning the actives that you, again, have apparently no reason to clear?

wat
I explained this before...without something to go on I could tinfoil anyone about equally well into deep wolf plausibility. Bart...Allison...Hugh...Krusty...Otto...Grampa...any one of them could be a deep wolf. It's starting to look likely that maybe two of them are deep wolves. But I have nothing to sort them with. Like you said about me...all they have done is chop towns.

If the rand screwed us over and gave us three wolves that could just go deep and shake the thread from start to finish and not give us any sign...well, we're fucked tbh. But the odds of that happening are NEVER good. The wolf team almost always has that weak link that you can flip and turn into threads you can pull.

I honestly think the best place to look for those threads is Lisa. Yeah, CBG was a good chop, but I was holding Lisa in the running on sheer will power...until I wasn't. It's not like she's that much townier than straight out lolcatting CBG...so why was it so hard to even start a counterwagon?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] I can't find where you explained this; what drove you to break the tie between Comic Book Guy and Lisa Simpson on Day 2?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

All right, I'm sure at least one of you has the Cliff's Notes on this assignment. Let's have it.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] or also why you voted Lisa in the first place? thank you
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

Ok, well Krusty didn't swear at or insult me for going back on him a bit. He probably knows I was looking for him to lash out, but he's still town sided for me. For now.
So if I remove the tinfoil paranoid world of Burns and Jass as w/w or w/v and just treat them as town, because they do both read as town to me, my leans go as follows -

Town-
Allison
Burns
Jass
Krusty
Skinner sub

Probably town
Bart

PoE-
Marge
Grumple
Gramps
Lisa
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

[VOTE: Allison Taylor] aubergine please report to the principal's office to discuss a possible forged permission slip signature and this:
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 pm CBG's responses have really irked me. I think he's going for a TWTBAW strategy. He's trying to give off an aura of not giving a fuck but his overly flippant attitude feels OTT. I think he's just scum here, maybe even trying his best to anti-spew so as to deny us associative reads.

Bart is probably town here as well. Marge not appearing today has me slightly concerned but I had her as strong town yesterday and I still trust her.

I think I'm on Bart, Grumple, Otto, Hugh, Krusty, Marge, Burns and Skinner as town.

POE is Lisa, Homer, CBG.

I doubt the game is as easy as all three of them being scum but I would be pretty unsurprised if there was 2 scum in that pool. My townreads all look good to me and I'd like to think my reads are good enough that there aren't 2 or more wolves slipping into my town list.
That last line sounds like you know you are wrong.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 pm [VOTE: Allison Taylor] aubergine please report to the principal's office to discuss a possible forged permission slip signature and this:
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 pm CBG's responses have really irked me. I think he's going for a TWTBAW strategy. He's trying to give off an aura of not giving a fuck but his overly flippant attitude feels OTT. I think he's just scum here, maybe even trying his best to anti-spew so as to deny us associative reads.

Bart is probably town here as well. Marge not appearing today has me slightly concerned but I had her as strong town yesterday and I still trust her.

I think I'm on Bart, Grumple, Otto, Hugh, Krusty, Marge, Burns and Skinner as town.

POE is Lisa, Homer, CBG.

I doubt the game is as easy as all three of them being scum but I would be pretty unsurprised if there was 2 scum in that pool. My townreads all look good to me and I'd like to think my reads are good enough that there aren't 2 or more wolves slipping into my town list.
It does?

It doesn't sound like that to me at all. One way or another, at least two wolves have slipped Allison's net so this should be interesting.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:40 pm @Otto Mann I can't find where you explained this; what drove you to break the tie between Comic Book Guy and Lisa Simpson on Day 2?
I'm surprised this is a question, Grumple. Thought I was pretty clear as the thread unfolded but ill walk you through it.
I'd been heavily scum leaning CBG, questioning him all day and had a vote on him before getting home from work.
When I lpreturned to the game CBG had like 4 or 5 votes and my other scum lean Lisa had 2 or 3.
Being a gentleman who loves wagon races I switched to Lisa to see what kind of movement that might create.. but then I started catching grief from my family for ignoring them and had to fulfill my rl obligations and switched back to CBG before fam time because he was my strongest scum read.
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:44 pm @Otto Mann or also why you voted Lisa in the first place? thank you
To me she looks like a playerwho is trying to appear to be towny by giving town clears and asking a few questions here and there, but then she disappears for long stretches and IMO hasn't made any attempt to really drive home a point or a read and is happy sitting back, coasting on plays which are blendy and look towny, but are just blendy in the end.
That's my take on Lisa. That and gut. Theres just something not right there, similar to how I feel about you. Theres this emptiness, or a subtle sense of sadness in your tone. A lot of people hate wolfing, myself included, and I really struggle to have fun as wolf, and that comes across in my tone. Kinda what I'm getting at there.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 pm
I'm surprised this is a question, Grumple.
Are you though?

What does this question say to you about the green creature if you are surprised?

Stop fidgeting.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:40 pm @Otto Mann I can't find where you explained this; what drove you to break the tie between Comic Book Guy and Lisa Simpson on Day 2?
I'm surprised this is a question, Grumple. Thought I was pretty clear as the thread unfolded but ill walk you through it.
I'd been heavily scum leaning CBG, questioning him all day and had a vote on him before getting home from work.
When I lpreturned to the game CBG had like 4 or 5 votes and my other scum lean Lisa had 2 or 3.
Being a gentleman who loves wagon races I switched to Lisa to see what kind of movement that might create.. but then I started catching grief from my family for ignoring them and had to fulfill my rl obligations and switched back to CBG before fam time because he was my strongest scum read.
The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:44 pm @Otto Mann or also why you voted Lisa in the first place? thank you
To me she looks like a playerwho is trying to appear to be towny by giving town clears and asking a few questions here and there, but then she disappears for long stretches and IMO hasn't made any attempt to really drive home a point or a read and is happy sitting back, coasting on plays which are blendy and look towny, but are just blendy in the end.
That's my take on Lisa. That and gut. Theres just something not right there, similar to how I feel about you. Theres this emptiness, or a subtle sense of sadness in your tone. A lot of people hate wolfing, myself included, and I really struggle to have fun as wolf, and that comes across in my tone. Kinda what I'm getting at there.
At the current game state I think townies are entitled to be a little sad. More than a little even. Hating wolfing is a thing, but hating getting to day three with nothing but misses and so really great wolfreads isn't popular either. I've kinda burned my irritability out and I'm down to a little sad myself.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:10 pm
Are you though?

What does this question say to you about the green creature if you are surprised?

Stop fidgeting.
It says they didn't bother to actually read how nf played out and was just looking for an opportunity to look busy by posing questions on why I voted even though that should have been obvious.

Could serve to muddy the waters a bit and shade me.

Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I fear 112 might actually be Grumple, and if she is in fact Grumple I'd scum read that slot so hard.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:16 pm
At the current game state I think townies are entitled to be a little sad. More than a little even. Hating wolfing is a thing, but hating getting to day three with nothing but misses and so really great wolfreads isn't popular either. I've kinda burned my irritability out and I'm down to a little sad myself.
Fair enough. I'm pretty disappointed myself. My reads have been trash, but I have full on potato games so there's that, and it keeps me from getting too down because shit happens and all but 2 of you guys are new to me.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] I don't think you should bother with tone reading me. I have no emotions tied to this game whatsoever aside from a loose desire for serotonin. In real life I am, as the teens say, straight up not having a good time right now, for obvious reasons. So that may account for whatever defeated mood you're seeing in my posts.

It wasn't obvious to me because those things you just said weren't addressed in your vote posts, that's why I asked.

I understand leaving to be with family but why break the tie in the first place if you suspected both players and wanted to look out for suspicious vote movements? Why not just leave the tie as it was?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:10 pm
Are you though?

Stop fidgeting.
It says they didn't bother to actually read how nf played out and was just looking for an opportunity to look busy by posing questions on why I voted even though that should have been obvious.

Could serve to muddy the waters a bit and shade me.

Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I fear 112 might actually be Grumple, and if she is in fact Grumple I'd scum read that slot so hard.
Spelling and grammar errors indicate a bad educational system, which I do not promote.

Intentional spelling and grammar errors screw with individuals like you.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

A recent essay I read said something about how a dead thread produces dead villagers. It didn't make any sense to me, but I'd like to hear you talk about it.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Spelling and grammar errors indicate a bad educational system, which I do not promote.

If education is bad in Springfield, who should we hold responsible?

Smithers!!! The hounds!
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:58 pm

If education is bad in Springfield, who should we hold responsible?

Smithers!!! The hounds!
Mr. Chalmers tries to hold our feet to the fire, but frankly, there is no funding to buy the wood to make any fire.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I'm around. Will be catching up with the thread shortly.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 pm @Otto Mann I don't think you should bother with tone reading me. I have no emotions tied to this game whatsoever aside from a loose desire for serotonin. In real life I am, as the teens say, straight up not having a good time right now, for obvious reasons. So that may account for whatever defeated mood you're seeing in my posts.

It wasn't obvious to me because those things you just said weren't addressed in your vote posts, that's why I asked.

I understand leaving to be with family but why break the tie in the first place if you suspected both players and wanted to look out for suspicious vote movements? Why not just leave the tie as it was?
Because as I'd already said, my strongest scum read was on CBG. I'd have enough of him. I'd ask him a question and he'd say shit like "don't worry about it", and "why not" etc. I've got no time or sympathy for townies who sign up for a game and proceed to suck ass.
Milhouse and CBG were playing extremely shitty games and would've had to be sorted by town at some point anyways because there isn't a wolf pack dumb enough to kill off townies that are largely scum read.
The Homer kill is a head scratcher for me.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:58 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:45 pm @Allison Taylor You asked me earlier about Krusty, what are your thoughts on him?
I gave some thoughts on him earlier. I think his entrance into D3 was pretty townie. I think him wailing on Skinner is not as scummy as some have made it out to be - eg. Burns is doing the same, and it's not like wolf Krusty gets anywhere trying to push a Skinner misexe. I liked his posts D1 and D2 - generally, his tone has been good and his reads have been thoughtful. If he has an agenda I don't see it. The one thing that gives me pause about him is Otto starting to have serious doubts about him - Otto knows him from offsite and they have enough history together to give confident meta takes on each other. But if we set the Otto stuff aside, I think Krusty has actually been pretty town.
Huh I'm in a different world there, I wouldn't call what I saw thoughtful. I'll see where I end up after going over him in isolation. What's your PoE like?
My POE right now is like Lisa and Grampa. Beyond that is starting to get into the territory of people I have active reason to trust. Probably Grumple, since I liked him D1 but haven't really seen anything that has stood out to me as particularly impressive afterwards.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Mr. Burns wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:04 pm the problem I have with Burns is that he's the one player that I often misread as a town, most likely because of play style differences or stuff, i dunno

unless I'm missing stuff

wat
I explained this before...without something to go on I could tinfoil anyone about equally well into deep wolf plausibility. Bart...Allison...Hugh...Krusty...Otto...Grampa...any one of them could be a deep wolf. It's starting to look likely that maybe two of them are deep wolves. But I have nothing to sort them with. Like you said about me...all they have done is chop towns.

If the rand screwed us over and gave us three wolves that could just go deep and shake the thread from start to finish and not give us any sign...well, we're fucked tbh. But the odds of that happening are NEVER good. The wolf team almost always has that weak link that you can flip and turn into threads you can pull.

I honestly think the best place to look for those threads is Lisa. Yeah, CBG was a good chop, but I was holding Lisa in the running on sheer will power...until I wasn't. It's not like she's that much townier than straight out lolcatting CBG...so why was it so hard to even start a counterwagon?
I want to townread most of this post (especially the bits about trying to find the loose thread of the scum team, since that's something I do a lot as town) but the player salad in the first paragraph is weird. Like why is Grampa or Krusty or Hugh deepwolves? They've been under reasonably large amounts of suspicion this game. Grampa was nearly exed EoD1. Are you just throwing around random names?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 pm Ok, well Krusty didn't swear at or insult me for going back on him a bit. He probably knows I was looking for him to lash out, but he's still town sided for me. For now.
So if I remove the tinfoil paranoid world of Burns and Jass as w/w or w/v and just treat them as town, because they do both read as town to me, my leans go as follows -

Town-
Allison
Burns
Jass
Krusty
Skinner sub

Probably town
Bart

PoE-
Marge
Grumple
Gramps
Lisa
This is about where I'm at, except I have Marge as probably town. The major concern that I had with her which was her drop off has been largely alleviated now that she's picking up steam.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:53 pm [VOTE: Allison Taylor] aubergine please report to the principal's office to discuss a possible forged permission slip signature and this:

POE is Lisa, Homer, CBG.

I'm not sure why you think that but I was just giving my take on the game along with a quick description of how confident I am in my view.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Paprika »

Sorry for dipping, I've had an awful day and then a sudden work opportunity fell into my lap just an hour ago, so tomorrow'll be spent testing for that and hoping I get it. My promise of ISOs is probably not one going to be met, but I'm trying to follow along.

I agree with the sentiment that we should probably look within the more active and responsive posters rather than just eliminating from the bottom as we've been doing. "Bad" play is not predictive in this game it seems.

I like that new!Skinner is aggro and trying to shake things up. I've subbed once and I hated it. Felt like I was constantly fighting against the previous slot holder, and missing the game up to that point puts you behind even if you do a catch-up read. So immediately coming out swinging is nice. Doesn't impact my position on voting since I was already on "never chop Skinner until his survival is suspicious." But for the game state I like the new him.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm Fun fact, I've been looking for 112. She's tricky af and for a little while I was thinking she might be Lisa, but theres been some spelling and grammar errors which are definitely not 112 even though the post frequency and some meta stuff kinda lines up with Lisa.
I've only played with 112 once - she was scum and she was mostly quiet and got exed pretty much on consensus D1 for doing nothing. But anti-spewed well enough to let her teammates win the game after. That hasn't matched up super well with what Grumple's been doing this game. What makes you scumread Grumple if Grumple is 112?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 pm Sorry for dipping, I've had an awful day and then a sudden work opportunity fell into my lap just an hour ago, so tomorrow'll be spent testing for that and hoping I get it. My promise of ISOs is probably not one going to be met, but I'm trying to follow along.

I agree with the sentiment that we should probably look within the more active and responsive posters rather than just eliminating from the bottom as we've been doing. "Bad" play is not predictive in this game it seems.

I like that new!Skinner is aggro and trying to shake things up. I've subbed once and I hated it. Felt like I was constantly fighting against the previous slot holder, and missing the game up to that point puts you behind even if you do a catch-up read. So immediately coming out swinging is nice. Doesn't impact my position on voting since I was already on "never chop Skinner until his survival is suspicious." But for the game state I like the new him.
I feel like I don't know what any of your reads are. What is your POE like today?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:47 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 pm Sorry for dipping, I've had an awful day and then a sudden work opportunity fell into my lap just an hour ago, so tomorrow'll be spent testing for that and hoping I get it. My promise of ISOs is probably not one going to be met, but I'm trying to follow along.

I feel like I don't know what any of your reads are. What is your POE like today?
[VOTE: Grandpa Simpson] aubergine

You missed the last five PTA meetings. I can't abide that.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Someone said we needed individual POEs of five people, and I realized that I don't have that. The best I could've mustered was Marge, Lisa, and Krusty, and none of them were strong scum-leans for me to begin with. I find myself being wishy-washy here.

The theory of expanding POE and going within the active people brings me Allison. I don't have a fifth and I'm not sure I can get one without ISOing. I previously read Allison as "annoying but fine" and that somewhat still holds true, but of all the choices in the active crew she's at the bottom for me and seems the most opportunistic. This is not a confident read.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

there's the annoying
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:50 pm Someone said we needed individual POEs of five people, and I realized that I don't have that. The best I could've mustered was Marge, Lisa, and Krusty, and none of them were strong scum-leans for me to begin with. I find myself being wishy-washy here.

The theory of expanding POE and going within the active people brings me Allison. I don't have a fifth and I'm not sure I can get one without ISOing. I previously read Allison as "annoying but fine" and that somewhat still holds true, but of all the choices in the active crew she's at the bottom for me and seems the most opportunistic. This is not a confident read.
I never cared for Poe. Who is a bad apple and why?
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:47 pm

second time you've done this and second time I'm responding with "it's in my wall"

POE today is ass. I got nothing good. I couldn't reach the recommended five and the only way I reached four was by listening to Hugh and adding you. My quality has dropped significantly
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

You mentioned your POE changing based on the idea of wanting to exe within the active people so I thought I'd check in and see what it's updated to be.

Re: the "five person POE" - I'm not even going to pretend I have a 5 person POE that isn't blind guesswork. That POE size is reached by figuring out how many exes we have. The idea is that if all three scum are in the POE then we can win by exeing only within it. But I don't have a strong enough grasp on the game to be able to give you a 5 person bucket with all three scum in it. I'm definitely not going to pretend like I have any idea at all who's the right exe two or three days down the road.

Grumple and yourself are the best stab I have for wolves in the active players. If it's Otto, Bart, Burns or Marge then they've outplayed me since I can't picture myself voting there.

Return to “Previous Heists”