31%

Total votes: 13
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 3]

Post by Marge Simpson »

yup

my game view is skewed anyway and if it wasn't then whatever, we aren't yeeting any of the people I wanna yeet anyway

glgl
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

2nd attempt
my first trio to check GTH

Otto
Marge
Gramps
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am I said his posts on Burns without conclusion are busy work and easy to fake as scum, and also i said he looks content with the gamestate and he îs suggesting a 5 players Poe when we can't afford to miselim 5 players.
If it is easy to fake as scum, so would a conclusion or tl;dr about it. It's no secret that I have a scum read on Burns, and it doesn't date to that post. This angle makes no sense whatsoever.

It also isn't the point at which you started suspecting me since we were already voting me. Harping on it to justify the read feels pretty fake.

I'm not sure if you're acting daft on purpose, or have never figured out what a poe means. The math behind it is the number of wolves alive + free chops allowed before an "and/or" phase. Which is 5 right now.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

will make my vote useful

[VOTE: Gramps ] aubergine
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I'd appreciate if you actually engaged the meat of my content rather than keep nitpicking superficial bullshit. Also like respond to my questions when I ask them. Define the "being content with gamestate", your criteria. Define "not solving, too townie".

I don't feel like you're genuinely trying to figure me out.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:27 pm 2nd attempt
my first trio to check GTH

Otto
Marge
Gramps
Town
Town
Town
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

[VOTE: Lisa] aubergine
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 pm
Spoiler: show
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:10 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:47 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:43 am
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:37 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:34 am
A PoE by nature contains civilians. What do you mean by trap?
you should do it in day 1, now town can't make a poe of 5 and win the game
Of course it can if townies find each other. My D1 was D2 and that's when I did mine. Wolves influencing it is a given, they'll also influence a non-PoE timeline.
who is scum in your view?
Lisa, Krusty and I guess Burns. PoE style Grumple and Grampa completes it. I'm actually tempted to switch the latter with someone from my town picks, I did a huge 180 on him. Grumple's indignation with the tie break felt underwhelming and I don't really buy into the tie meta argument, think it's also a not the time to be ticked about it since we haven't actually seen Lisa flip yet to draw conclusion from it. It's meh.

In yours?
too many thread consensus flipped villagers, i think the game is in scum's hands who may not even be wagoned, idk really

i already said i see you scum, and Burns GTH town and Marge came and changed read for Burns and voted me.

This is after she pretended to know who i am and gave me a pockety underserved TR, who looked convenient because i wasn't dangerous.
I think this is scummy behaviour and i would not be surprised for Marge to be an alien who kidnapped mom and wants to eat me alive now.
I don't remember you having an issue with her TR. You agreed with my take on her.
What are your thoughts on Lisa? I asked you a few questions about it yesterday.
I have my vote on her, i want her to show and play.

Until she comes itt i will not say anything.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Tied it up nicely. This one is for you Grumpy
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:37 am
you should do it in day 1, now town can't make a poe of 5 and win the game
Of course it can if townies find each other. My D1 was D2 and that's when I did mine. Wolves influencing it is a given, they'll also influence a non-PoE timeline.
Lisa, Krusty and I guess Burns. PoE style Grumple and Grampa completes it. I'm actually tempted to switch the latter with someone from my town picks, I did a huge 180 on him. Grumple's indignation with the tie break felt underwhelming and I don't really buy into the tie meta argument, think it's also a not the time to be ticked about it since we haven't actually seen Lisa flip yet to draw conclusion from it. It's meh.

In yours?
too many thread consensus flipped villagers, i think the game is in scum's hands who may not even be wagoned, idk really

i already said i see you scum, and Burns GTH town and Marge came and changed read for Burns and voted me.

This is after she pretended to know who i am and gave me a pockety underserved TR, who looked convenient because i wasn't dangerous.
I think this is scummy behaviour and i would not be surprised for Marge to be an alien who kidnapped mom and wants to eat me alive now.
I don't remember you having an issue with her TR. You agreed with my take on her.

Why
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:03 pm Lisa's post count is way off her D1 & D2, she's contributed 1 post so far D3. I'd like to see a Lisa vs Burns wagon, soooooooo
Burns?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 2]

Post by Hugh Jass »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:05 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:05 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm [VOTE: Hugh Jass] aubergine for the memes
I'm not sure why he felt the need to add the "for the memes". Feels like an unnecessary attempt at justifying a vote that is nothing more than RVS on someone that hadn't posted yet.
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:08 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm [VOTE: Hugh Jass] aubergine for the memes
I'm not sure why he felt the need to add the "for the memes". Feels like an unnecessary attempt at justifying a vote that is nothing more than RVS on someone that hadn't posted yet.
bro it's a #23 vote for Huge Ass what do you want from me
To just vote, not talk.

Why are you on Mill?
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:18 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 pm Grandpa is creeping me out. Seems to have had a weird obsession with inactives and especially me. He tagged me, and mentioned my name a couple of times.
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 pm [VOTE: Grampa] aubergine
To just vote, not talk.
@Hugh Jass: This'll come across defensive as hell since it's coming from me, but was an OMGUS vote—based on a joke vote from the beginning of the game—right before EOD really the best you were able to muster in a little over half an hour? After a day of being able to read back, what are your reads, if any?

Same to you @Milhouse Van Houten. Anything beyond the town/scum wall now?

Hugh, you mentioned I have a "weird obsession" with inactives, but this is why. We have nothing (majorly actionable) to work off of from you two after an entire cycle. I'm not asking you to flood us with in-depth reads, nobody's really doing that, but like, something? Anything? After 72 hours, what's the scoop?

Before the spew clear and role claim I was pretty comfortable with the Flanders/Skinner wagons, and hadn't really built a major POE beyond that except with poking holes in what Marge was saying re: Homer and generally being unimpressed with Milhouse's empty wall. Will need to fix that today at some point.
Can't do better than voting Mafia. It's pretty disingenuous to label it as an OMGUS vote, I clearly mentioned your behavior of obsessing over inactives as well as your comment accompanying the vote. Also an omgus would imply that you actually suspected me rather than just a joke vote.

This is a bullshit argument. You tagging me and mentioning me throughout the phase when I haven't even entered the thread doesn't align with that at all. I'd accept that if I was already here and doing nothing or dipped, and you wanted to hear more about me. It comes off more as scum having trouble engaging with the happenings of the thread and creating content, and then using inactives to that end. It's a cheap way of selling an engaged and concerned vibe.

Post 425: Case in point in this post. It's an awful post, even worse is I, a no poster, is mentioned in it. Like how was I even worthy of mentioning at all in it as an option. The "seems better thzn chopping a no-show in Hugh" is ridiculous. It's the scum having troubled to create genuine substance I'm talking about. You're using that bit as a way to sell of your vote and fluffing your post. Same with Milhouse there.

I haven't read everything yet.
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 am
Mr. Burns wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm The old man looks terrible in a lot of ways, but is also right that Hugh Jass voted for him for NONE of those reasons and Hugh Jass looks terrible as well.
I hate this read. I think this comes from a wolf more often than not, like it doesn't feel real at all. It's scheme-y as hell, the way he engages and accept the suspicion on gramps at a superficial level without getting into anything concrete, while at the same time shading me who also happen to be at odds with the gramps.

Like the way he goes one about gramps being suspicious for several reasons, and me suspecting me for none of those reasons. The emphasis of none feels fake lol.

Waiting for him to expand.
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:46 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am Can't do better than voting Mafia. It's pretty disingenuous to label it as an OMGUS vote, I clearly mentioned your behavior of obsessing over inactives as well as your comment accompanying the vote. Also an omgus would imply that you actually suspected me rather than just a joke vote.

This is a bullshit argument. You tagging me and mentioning me throughout the phase when I haven't even entered the thread doesn't align with that at all. I'd accept that if I was already here and doing nothing or dipped, and you wanted to hear more about me. It comes off more as scum having trouble engaging with the happenings of the thread and creating content, and then using inactives to that end. It's a cheap way of selling an engaged and concerned vibe.

Post 425: Case in point in this post. It's an awful post, even worse is I, a no poster, is mentioned in it. Like how was I even worthy of mentioning at all in it as an option. The "seems better thzn chopping a no-show in Hugh" is ridiculous. It's the scum having troubled to create genuine substance I'm talking about. You're using that bit as a way to sell of your vote and fluffing your post. Same with Milhouse there.

you just made me ISO myself, and I resent that

I tagged you one singular time before D2 (and it was after people started pressuring Homer for dipping, so seems relevant to the situation at the time of you still not having posted by then), mentioned you a couple times when talking about zero posters (a shocking twist that you, a zero poster, would be mentioned in such a thing)

anyways, where I come from, inactivity ends up being a scum-tell more often than it doesn't

that may not be the case here and I accept that, and I am trying to not base my reads and moves solely off of that

Speaking of "here," is there any way to see vote history?

I'm pretty sure when I switched my vote to Lisa at the end of D1, I was the only voter on her, or maybe the second (leave obvious room for error here since apparently my memory is absolute garbage). Who did I sell my vote to? Then I switched to the Milhouse wagon, which clearly parses since, as you describe, I'm "weirdly obsessed" with inactives

(even though my case on Milhouse went beyond simply not being here: it was based on him coming by to drop a single town/scum wall and then disappearing again; not participating and then showing up to offer no actionable reads before going back to not participating is not town-y, and in a world of claims and spew, seemed as good a choice as any)
Do you suspect me for being absent up until the last half hour or so?

To the thread, to anyone reading your posts. I didn't mean it as in you trying to get people to join on that wagon, more like selling it as legitimate I guess.

What was suspicious about him dropping that town/scum wall? Did you have no other wolf read from D1?
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 am
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 am

I have made reads. I called Mill a townie, and he flipped Town. I called Gramps a wolf, and I'm calling you one now.
three names drawn apparently from a hat and attached to words aren't "reads."
Mill -
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 pm Mill is town for that post calling alignment based on entrance posts. I'm having trouble seeing a flanking wolf do that post and then just dip, it's the kind of unprompted things that usually comes from town, like I guess he had the urge to do alignment guesses for fun.
Gramps -
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 pm Grandpa is creeping me out. Seems to have had a weird obsession with inactives and especially me. He tagged me, and mentioned my name a couple of times.
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:26 am
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:18 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:07 pm [VOTE: Grampa] aubergine

To just vote, not talk.
@Hugh Jass: This'll come across defensive as hell since it's coming from me, but was an OMGUS vote—based on a joke vote from the beginning of the game—right before EOD really the best you were able to muster in a little over half an hour? After a day of being able to read back, what are your reads, if any?

Same to you @Milhouse Van Houten. Anything beyond the town/scum wall now?

Hugh, you mentioned I have a "weird obsession" with inactives, but this is why. We have nothing (majorly actionable) to work off of from you two after an entire cycle. I'm not asking you to flood us with in-depth reads, nobody's really doing that, but like, something? Anything? After 72 hours, what's the scoop?

Before the spew clear and role claim I was pretty comfortable with the Flanders/Skinner wagons, and hadn't really built a major POE beyond that except with poking holes in what Marge was saying re: Homer and generally being unimpressed with Milhouse's empty wall. Will need to fix that today at some point.
Can't do better than voting Mafia. It's pretty disingenuous to label it as an OMGUS vote, I clearly mentioned your behavior of obsessing over inactives as well as your comment accompanying the vote. Also an omgus would imply that you actually suspected me rather than just a joke vote.

You -
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:44 am
Mr. Burns wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:36 pm The old man looks terrible in a lot of ways, but is also right that Hugh Jass voted for him for NONE of those reasons and Hugh Jass looks terrible as well.
I hate this read. I think this comes from a wolf more often than not, like it doesn't feel real at all. It's scheme-y as hell, the way he engages and accept the suspicion on gramps at a superficial level without getting into anything concrete, while at the same time shading me who also happen to be at odds with the gramps.

Like the way he goes one about gramps being suspicious for several reasons, and me suspecting me for none of those reasons. The emphasis of none feels fake lol.

Waiting for him to expand.
Cool story bro
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:00 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 am

I have made reads. I called Mill a townie, and he flipped Town. I called Gramps a wolf, and I'm calling you one now.
Sorry twenty minute man, but I just am not ready to buy into "I showed up, skimmed the thread, and KNEW the low poster was town." If you did REALLY KNOW it's because he wasn't in your wolf room. If you are just "well, he was no worse than rand and I happened to guess right" then get off your high horse.
I absolutely couldn't care less if you're buying into whatever "it" is lol. There is also no "KNEW", you're being extremely disingenuous here. It is expected though. I highlighted the read I made on Mill just in response to you saying I haven't made any reads.

He was indeed no worse than rand, and that is my opinion lol. I'm not on any high horse, you're the one apparently all worked up. Relax, buddy.
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am Finally caught up! I'm feeling things, feeling a lot of things but I'm having trouble trying to put them into words lol. It was also pretty difficult internalizing information, felt like reading posts from new players everywhere and the lack of familiarity with avys I guess you get lost sometimes and don't even remember who said what.

I think my strongest town reads would be Marge, Otto and Alison. Found myself agreeing with like almost everything Marge saying and that's pretty crazy lol. We have the two same scum reads and like most of her posts comes off as natural and you can see her train of thoughts. They're like open and accessible if that makes any sense, doesn't feel like there is an agenda behind them. I usually find the "lol" and other laughing acronyms as scum tells sometimes when they don't really match the tone and vibe of a player, and they're like using them to sweeten their post and comes off as anxious. Here it feels like she's just having fun, and it kind of gives off a good care free vibe that is townie.

Otto and Alison are the og contributors of the thread. I liked the energy they came in with, and it felt like it came with genuine game solving intent. Didn't really agree all that much with some of Otto's reads but they felt genuine, a lot of progression and reconsiderations which makes me feel like he's trying to figure out people for real and not just putting a show. I particularly liked post 72, I think it's the kind of post that only town does. It's nothing fancy but like scum never make them because they're never solving for real. I don't know if this make any sense lol, it's like the kind of self reflecting and gathering of thoughts that comes from a townie mindset when they're trying to get a feel for the state of the game. Agreed with his Gtumple take, felt also genuine and not like him wanting to get Grumple off his back. I understand it too 'cause you usually can have personal takes on how someone is treating you so you can get reads from it, I'm a no u specialist since I feel like I have good instincts for when scum is pushing me for bullshit reasons lol. Overall have the same thought about Alison, I liked her Gramps take and while I started suspecting him for different and more personal reasons, her take are good. The change of speed of Gramps is particularily telling. I also like her feelings about the state of the game and how its going, feel like genuine town concerns.

Pretty much agree with Marge about Homer. The idgaf attitude her and not tailoring his game to people especially after getting prodded is more likely town than not. Also it actually feels genuine, rather than like a scum trying to sell that fake bravado. He kind of embodies it here lol. The lock town on Mill is absolutely beautiful.

I'm having some trouble with CBG, little bit of a love hate relationship. I kind of read his concise posts as town like, they feel like naked thoughts and right to the point. Also some of the silly one liners he's dished have surprisingly pinged me town lol. He has that same attitude vibe that Homer have, although it's not something that is unfakeable (if that is word). Not sure if I'm dumb but post 417 is town for me lmao. We have Mill about to get eliminated, and it's like a meme-y mafia read on him that I just don't think Mafia ever makes. It's fucking hilarious.

Unlike his parents, I have no fucking clue who Bart is. He's in my townpile though. I guess for the bland reasons that his thoughts are genuine bla bla bla lol. I kind of like the little work he's done when he's been playing the game and contributing. Feels real to me, and while it actually matches other peoples reads especially the scum reads, it kind of comes off as he's coming into them on his own like he's playing the game at his own pace.

Kristy, and Lisa are in my PoE. I haven't really figured them out much and some stuff have pinged me. Also not a lot of things to work with. Krusty gives off a weird disattached vibe, like he's a robot if that makes sense lol. There is like no emotion accompanying his posts and it comes off as if he's not actually trying to figure people out just asking questions. Speaking of questions, I'm not seeing him reach much conclusions and seems like he's just faking contributions through those questions who don't seem most of the time to be stuff that will actually help him figure someone out. More like bland and semantic stuff that I guess help him fake contribution. I think his take on Mill's wall post is the kind of wolfy remark used to shade others. He's like piggy backing off others when they're discussing Mill, and he just pops in to point out something that can be seen as scummy and then nothing further. He dips from there with clean hands. Kind of saw it that way.

Not a big fan of Lisa's little contribution. Feels like she's hunting some easy posts to go off of, and then just share some bland takes. She's kind of using them to appear as if contributing. It's not the lack of reasoning that is off to me, it's more like they seem to be random as hell. There is no train of thoughts or contuinity to them, she's not like quoting different posts about a same discussion trying to give her thoughts about them or add to the discussion. She's more putting her hand into a lot of different discussion to I guess appear more visible, and broaden her reach.

Already talked about Gramps and Burns who are at the bottom of my PoE. Haven't really moved much off of them after catching up completely, although I'd say I'm still mulling over some things I've seen from Gramps. Also the inactives thing could be a culture/playstyle clash, but even then I'm not a big fan of the rest of his contribution. The gear shift that Alison built her case on is something I agree with as well. Scums are more likely to make it when called out, and it kind of shows that whatever vibe or attitude they had prior was fake.

I still fucking hate Mr. Burns with a passion. I think he was trying to discredit early on Alison and Otto with the fear mongering about them potentially power wolfing. It's a cheap way to shade someone while posing it as a an open ended question, "oh I'm just aking myself" "I'm not sure". It sounds so fucking fake, and it's usually the kind of cowardy wolf tactics to shade loud voices. No fucking townie put that thought out there immediately. It's so slimy lol.

I've got more thoughts there, and also more thoughts in general but this is it for this post. It actually fucking sucks to come from behind 'cause I have so many problems trying to put into words everything I want to say lol. I guess that'll serve me missing the whole phase. Hopefully I'll keep being up to date this phase. I initially thought about iso-ing every single player and then sharing my thoughts posts by posts as that'd be easier, but fuck that lmao.
I was fine with all of these posts
And you're right to be :beer:
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:13 pm sure whatever, I can compromise

feel like Bart reacted villagery here and it may be worth sheeping them

my reads are gonna be bad probably because of the game environment, the way the game is and the combo of players and their views makes it hard for me to get accurate reads

[VOTE: Hugh Jass ] aubergine
Lmao don't compromise on your top Townread, wtf???

Come back to me
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

I have room in my right pocket, get back in.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:33 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:03 pm Lisa's post count is way off her D1 & D2, she's contributed 1 post so far D3. I'd like to see a Lisa vs Burns wagon, soooooooo
Burns?
Yup. I'd like to see how the wagons balance out between those two, settle their feud from D1. I don't know that I've seen Lisa move off her suspicions of him, & vice versa.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 pm I'd appreciate if you actually engaged the meat of my content rather than keep nitpicking superficial bullshit. Also like respond to my questions when I ask them. Define the "being content with gamestate", your criteria. Define "not solving, too townie".

I don't want to make text analysis with your posts, i said i disliked the conclusion on Burns who in fact didn't exist, you being content is my feeling by the tone of your posts, and you not solving is exactly the fact you give the impression of solving but you don't try to solve the players itg.
Too townie means you play townie on purpose, knowing what and how to post to receive TRs.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:31 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 pm

In yours?

Why
Guess
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:18 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 amGrumple's indignation with the tie break felt underwhelming and I don't really buy into the tie meta argument, think it's also a not the time to be ticked about it since we haven't actually seen Lisa flip yet to draw conclusion from it. It's meh.
Incorrect. The time to be indignant about recklessly ties is always. Tie meta is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is a cop who hates fun.

I was mostly questioning Otto to figure out his motivation for his vote change. From my perspective, as a person who was also voting to maintain the tie to see if anyone would try to pull some shit on it, Otto's vote stuck out as preventing that or being that. That's why it irked me.
Fair I guess. What did you take from it hearing his reasoning and with Homer flipping civ and being the other late voter?

linki -
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:37 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:29 pm I'd appreciate if you actually engaged the meat of my content rather than keep nitpicking superficial bullshit. Also like respond to my questions when I ask them. Define the "being content with gamestate", your criteria. Define "not solving, too townie".

I don't want to make text analysis with your posts, i said i disliked the conclusion on Burns who in fact didn't exist, you being content is my feeling by the tone of your posts, and you not solving is exactly the fact you give the impression of solving but you don't try to solve the players itg.
Too townie means you play townie on purpose, knowing what and how to post to receive TRs.
Then I can't help you out if you're town, I'll just keep playing my game. I've already addressed the lack of conclusion on Burns, that wasn't the nature or goal of my exercise there and if there is a conclusion you want it's that I still SR him which is known.

I've been pretty solvy if I may say so lol. Are you pretty sure about my identity?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:40 pm linki -
This was supposed to be a "I refuse" lol
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:30 pm Tied it up nicely. This one is for you Grumpy
<3
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Then I can't help you out if you're town, I'll just keep playing my game. I've already addressed the lack of conclusion on Burns, that wasn't the nature or goal of my exercise there and if there is a conclusion you want it's that I still SR him which is known.

I've been pretty solvy if I may say so lol. Are you pretty sure about my identity?
Not 100% sure about your identity and i don't want to say it anyway. But 95% sure though.

Linki is understandable.

You answered too late at the GTH, made it useless. :(

Going to take a break, for real now
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:40 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 amGrumple's indignation with the tie break felt underwhelming and I don't really buy into the tie meta argument, think it's also a not the time to be ticked about it since we haven't actually seen Lisa flip yet to draw conclusion from it. It's meh.
Incorrect. The time to be indignant about recklessly ties is always. Tie meta is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is a cop who hates fun.

I was mostly questioning Otto to figure out his motivation for his vote change. From my perspective, as a person who was also voting to maintain the tie to see if anyone would try to pull some shit on it, Otto's vote stuck out as preventing that or being that. That's why it irked me.
Fair I guess. What did you take from it hearing his reasoning and with Homer flipping civ and being the other late voter?

linki -
Well... his answers were logically consistent with the kind of person he seems to be, and makes sense from the perspective he's presented. I am content with his responses.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

A'ight...I just got here and I don't have much time. Marge has illustrated exactly the kind of "reads" I hate most.

Marge: I have no reasoning whatsoever, but Burns and Grampa are wolves.

Someone doing work: Well, looking at this and this, Burns could be wolfing...and looking at that Grampa could be wolfing...

Marge: Okay, you are town.

She has zero information and is doing no solving, she just relies on "if you agree with me you are town, if you disagree you are a wolf." There's no progression, no development, it's just straight out clique building.

If she is wolfing it is just the easiest thing in the world to fake. Pick some random targets. Never really push them, just keep saying they are wolves and towning anyone who agrees. Pick some other random sap and call them town, again fishing for agreement. Give zero reasoning, then call anyone who disagrees a wolf and night kill the sap to show you were right all along and the "wolves" were trying to kill a townie.

Wolf Marge wants to get to endgame with me or Grampa so she can say "I have known he was a wolf all along, and at some point or other you agreed with me" so she has an easy chop for the win.

I could vote here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 22
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Note: I will be late to reveal the results of today's elimination. Day still ends at the time stated in the poll and the thread should be treated as locked after that time.
I will be shortening the upcoming night phase by about an hour to get us back on track.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

come at me with something harder imo

"she can do this as a wolf easily" isn't great bait for villagers to follow, sir
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm come at me with something harder imo

"she can do this as a wolf easily" isn't great bait for villagers to follow, sir
I'm trying to kill Lisa right now and have no interest in coming at you with anything...but you easily could be a wolf and if town the "you agree with me you are town, you disagree so wolf" play is just lazy.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:00 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Not 100% sure about your identity and i don't want to say it anyway. But 95% sure though.

Linki is understandable.

You answered too late at the GTH, made it useless. :(

Going to take a break, for real now
Asking 'cause you mentioned in on of your posts me restraining myself from posting as usual. Not true.

I'll gladly wait, hopefully she shows up. You seemed to disagree with my take when responding to the big post.

No one else showed up!
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:12 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:40 pm

linki -
Well... his answers were logically consistent with the kind of person he seems to be, and makes sense from the perspective he's presented. I am content with his responses.
What else you got cooking?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:32 pm A'ight...I just got here and I don't have much time. Marge has illustrated exactly the kind of "reads" I hate most.

Marge: I have no reasoning whatsoever, but Burns and Grampa are wolves.

Someone doing work: Well, looking at this and this, Burns could be wolfing...and looking at that Grampa could be wolfing...

Marge: Okay, you are town.

She has zero information and is doing no solving, she just relies on "if you agree with me you are town, if you disagree you are a wolf." There's no progression, no development, it's just straight out clique building.

If she is wolfing it is just the easiest thing in the world to fake. Pick some random targets. Never really push them, just keep saying they are wolves and towning anyone who agrees. Pick some other random sap and call them town, again fishing for agreement. Give zero reasoning, then call anyone who disagrees a wolf and night kill the sap to show you were right all along and the "wolves" were trying to kill a townie.

Wolf Marge wants to get to endgame with me or Grampa so she can say "I have known he was a wolf all along, and at some point or other you agreed with me" so she has an easy chop for the win.

I could vote here.
I'm not sure how you define reasoning, she presented some at the start both time. Felt like she got genuinely pinged, I don't really expect immediate expanding. I'd agree with the agenda you're seeing if there wasn't any progression this phase and she just kept tunneling you based on D1. I'd see it as a wolf that latched on two early scum reads and just navigate the game with them without actually pushing them. The not actually pushing them here makes some sense seeing as how she's reassessing especially after expanding her take on you. The post with reservation about maybe this just being how you play echoed some my thoughts as well. What do you think is different between my handling of you and hers?

I think her frantic switches not long ago reflect pretty well on her. It kind of feels genuine especially in the current context of the game where we're lost. Adding onto that the fucking sockpuppet dynamic. Like she went from getting pinged by Bart and having a eureka moment to then getting lost in her thoughts and then throwing a vote on me her alleged strongest TR lmao.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm come at me with something harder imo

lmao
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Can we like just call it a draw and stop the game?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

:haha:
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:00 pm

I'm trying to kill Lisa right now and have no interest in coming at you with anything...but you easily could be a wolf and if town the "you agree with me you are town, you disagree so wolf" play is just lazy.
i'm not doing that though
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

I assume there will be little to no wagon fluctuation at EoD and the yeet will probably be exactly Lisa

if she does flip wolf and I am wrong about her being a villager, I think she's the most likely to be with Grumple off the post that I had called her townie for

i'd call that post extremely villagery but if Lisa's a wolf, then i'm pretty confident that she can only make that read on Grumple if she has TMI on him being a wolf

talking about this one
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm Is it me or does it feel like Grumple fell down a flight of stairs in the middle of D1
He seems to know what a player salad is but doesn't know what TR means. Just seems odd to me. I don't know why one would fake it though but just putting this down since i noticed alot of his posts D2 are just asking about terminology.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

unless you guys think Lisa is exactly with Grumple then yeeting her here seems suboptimal

but what do I know

after all I called homer villager and all
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:32 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:00 pm

i'm not doing that though
Well, what are you doing then?

You made a post earlier today that outright said you townread someone for their take on me and Grampa agreeing with yours...though I think maybe Hugh is right and it was him you were talking about and now you 180ed. I KNOW that at one point you said you had a meta read on Bart and had Homer IDed as someone who could also ID Bart and would have the same meta so would agree...some such confusing business anyway that seemed to tl;dr into "Homer agrees with my read on Bart so Homer town."

You haven't been massively active so even though this isn't a lot it does SEEM like a good chunk of what you have been doing.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm unless you guys think Lisa is exactly with Grumple then yeeting her here seems suboptimal

but what do I know

Yeah, that was a pretty astonishing read on your part. What was it based on again?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by tessepia »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:50 pm so the emotional pain didn't go away and on top of that now I have a sort of physical one as well

worth it for about 2 hours if you ask me
I see now while everyone posted things Marge wasn't really active.
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:55 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 am Alcohol leads to violence.
That's noooot true!
Statistics says it is :(
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm Kinda getting the feeling pretty much all the posters so far are town. Maybe one or two maf between Allison, Grumple and Flanders with the bulk of the bad guys laying low hoping for town to destroy itself
Looking at Skinner, Burns, Milhouse and Hugh Jazz.
So yes, I've named half the fucking roster, need more players to post to start narrowing down from that pool.
How do you feel now about your starting list?
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:21 pm [VOTE: Bart Simpson] aubergine

For stealing my saxophone! ...And for telling us to post less after telling us to post more.
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 am Heyyyyy. Otto might be blotto but Krusty smells like moldy cheese and awkward entrances.
Whoaaaaa
I'm not sure about that one Otto, I think Krusty's entrance is okay, and I think OMGUS is slightly town indicative.
I think now what Alison said was a misunderstanding.
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:41 pm [VOTE: skinner ] aubergine
First vote on Skinner, i wonder why him from a large pool of inactives?
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm Feeling the same way with Burns saying his acct was messed up.

I lumped Burns, Skinner, Milhouse and Hugh Jass as the slanking mafia earlier then boom, both Skinner and Burns pop in with excuse posts.

Gross
I find this pretty hilarious, though i think Otto should be happy for players showing up, no matter what reasons to be late they had
I've already addressed my hour 1 list. I was trying to get the ball rolling.
Naming half the roster in one post usually gets people talking.
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:18 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm unless you guys think Lisa is exactly with Grumple then yeeting her here seems suboptimal

but what do I know

Yeah, that was a pretty astonishing read on your part. What was it based on again?
TMI
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:23 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:18 pm

but what do I know

TMI
Well, that's kinda what I'm thinking, yeah, but what were you thinking?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:35 pm I assume there will be little to no wagon fluctuation at EoD and the yeet will probably be exactly Lisa

if she does flip wolf and I am wrong about her being a villager, I think she's the most likely to be with Grumple off the post that I had called her townie for

i'd call that post extremely villagery but if Lisa's a wolf, then i'm pretty confident that she can only make that read on Grumple if she has TMI on him being a wolf

talking about this one
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm Is it me or does it feel like Grumple fell down a flight of stairs in the middle of D1
He seems to know what a player salad is but doesn't know what TR means. Just seems odd to me. I don't know why one would fake it though but just putting this down since i noticed alot of his posts D2 are just asking about terminology.
i'm a little confused about this, maybe.

your theory is that i'm just pretending to not know recently invented mafia slang words for some reason, and that Lisa bringing up the concept of faking would be a sign that she and i are teammates, because a teammate would be aware of the ruse taking place?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Votes now:

Grampa Simpson
Voters: Otto Mann, Principal Skinner, Marge Simpson

Krusty the Clown
Voters: The Grumple

Lisa Simpson
Voters: Allison Taylor, Mr. Burns, Krusty the Clown, Bart Simpson, Hugh Jass

No one
Voters: Grampa Simpson

Eod 2

Comic Book Guy [6]: Homer Simpson, Otto Mann, Grampa Simpson, Allison Taylor, Krusty the Clown, Bart Simpson
Lisa Simpson [4]: The Grumple, Hugh Jass, Comic Book Guy, Mr. Burns
Mr. Burns [2]: Lisa Simpson, Marge Simpson
Not voting: Principal Skinner

Middle day 2 votes
Allison Taylor
Voters: Lisa Simpson

Comic Book Guy
Voters: Allison Taylor

Homer Simpson
Voters: Krusty the Clown

Krusty the Clown
Voters: The Grumple

Lisa Simpson
Voters: Bart Simpson

No one
Voters: Mr. Burns, Otto Mann, Grampa Simpson
Eod 1

Milhouse Van Houten [4]: Mr. Burns, Otto Mann, Grampa Simpson, Krusty the Clown
Grampa Simpson [3]: Allison Taylor, Hugh Jass, Ned Flanders
Bart Simpson [2]: Comic Book Guy, Lisa Simpson
Mr. Burns [2]: Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson
Krusty the Clown [1]: Principal Skinner
Marge Simpson [1]: Milhouse Van Houten
Ned Flanders [1]: The Grumple
Principal Skinner [1]: Bart Simpson

Middle day 1 votes
Allison Taylor
Voters: Bart Simpson

Bart Simpson
Voters: Lisa Simpson

Grampa Simpson
Voters: Marge Simpson

Homer Simpson
Voters: Mr. Burns, Grampa Simpson

Krusty the Clown
Voters: Principal Skinner

Mr. Burns
Voters: Ned Flanders

Ned Flanders
Voters: The Grumple

Principal Skinner
19% Voters: Homer Simpson, Comic Book Guy, Otto Mann
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

exactly that

not to be misinterpreted for "I think you are w/w based on this" because I don't, I think Lisa had a villager-y reaction to that and it looks like a non-TMI read

but if they were to flip scum and I was wrong, then that thought is a whole lot easier to manufacture if it's directed towards a scum mate

so I guess kind of what you said, yeah, I don't see why you think it's confusing.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Posted the above to have them in one place and not in my notes
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

uh, no

hold on, you misinterpreted something

you don't need to be faking the actual thing, but from a TMI standpoint (if you and Lisa were scum mates), then they would've drawn that conclusion based on info in the thread because they have the notion that you are a wolf.

hope that makes a bit of sense

for that read, this part right here :
The Grumple wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:36 pm your theory is that i'm just pretending to not know recently invented mafia slang words for some reason
isn't relevant for my read
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Marge Simpson »

You could have very well not known the lingo (which I am inclined to believe you don't, why would you lie about that part, ldo)

but if Lisa were scum and she KNEW you were also scum, then they'd be able to take information in the thread and make it look like it's scummy for you because they know you are a wolf, ergo twist anything and say you are a wolf for it because it's easy to do so with the knowledge that you're a wolf

hope that makes some sense
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm A recent essay I read said something about how a dead thread produces dead villagers. It didn't make any sense to me, but I'd like to hear you talk about it.
Are you caught up Skinner?

Becasue i thought you will contribute at an animate thread
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Marge Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:42 pm You could have very well not known the lingo (which I am inclined to believe you don't, why would you lie about that part, ldo)

but if Lisa were scum and she KNEW you were also scum, then they'd be able to take information in the thread and make it look like it's scummy for you because they know you are a wolf, ergo twist anything and say you are a wolf for it because it's easy to do so with the knowledge that you're a wolf

hope that makes some sense
ah okay. so it's more that she said i could be bad at all, rather than for the reasoning.

i see. that does make more sense. thank you
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:45 pm
Principal Skinner wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:10 pm A recent essay I read said something about how a dead thread produces dead villagers. It didn't make any sense to me, but I'd like to hear you talk about it.
Are you caught up Skinner?

Becasue i thought you will contribute at an animate thread
As the only lock clear we have I was really hoping Skinner would step to the plate and really swing after their recent brain surgery.

Return to “Previous Heists”