I was heckin bamboozled
54%

Total votes: 13
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 207

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D3)

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

I guess it's possible that 2 of the 4 were mafia but I feel it's unrealistic as being immune and out of thread while town if forced to hurt itself is an unrealistic way for the game to play.

Marmot possible the 2nd mafia of that settings unsure that would either be the case.
Spoiler: show
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 373
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe nanook put two out of (presumably) four mafia in the out of thread gang and didn't bring them back after we killed two mafia d1

if the d2 thread was pure I'm never playing a nanook game again
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:12 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:06 pm Wait.... WAIT.... I THINK I GET WHAT TONY IS SAYING NOW ABOUT THE RB!!!
There can be MORE than one wolf in punk chat, and if this is the case, Marmot is always town here! Because that would balance out the wolves almost having majority over punk chat!!!
wait what
Think about it. If there are two town and two scum in the punk chat, both sides have an equal opportunity to push who they want to get RB'd. Also, keep in mind that if we don't come to a consensus, we eventually die, so there's incentive to just come to an agreement on someone. However, Marmot can just veto that RB if they think it's a bad RB, or one that comes from scum. Does that make any sense?
And if this is the case, Trustworthy is actually pretty towny for wanting to vote themself, and TSP is town for being the consensus on N2.
so I follow your initial post about the mechanics suggesting marmot being town, but I don't follow this one about trustworthy and TSP being town for that.
So, like, if there are two mafia in punk chat along with two town, the two mafia have no incentive to really push for RBing scum, right? This means to avoid dying, the town in the chat would have to go along with whatever the mafia is pushing? But that's okay because if Marmot is town, he can just veto the RB so that it doesn't affect whoever our target is. However, that requires Marmot knowing that the punk chat is set up like that, which is why he might not actually veto the RB in theory. Also, I didn't factor in the lost wolf, too. Maybe the lost wolf was in there, too, with a single non-lost wolf, and maybe they didn't know this, too?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 664
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:11 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:06 pm Wait.... WAIT.... I THINK I GET WHAT TONY IS SAYING NOW ABOUT THE RB!!!
There can be MORE than one wolf in punk chat, and if this is the case, Marmot is always town here! Because that would balance out the wolves almost having majority over punk chat!!!
wait what
Think about it. If there are two town and two scum in the punk chat, both sides have an equal opportunity to push who they want to get RB'd. Also, keep in mind that if we don't come to a consensus, we eventually die, so there's incentive to just come to an agreement on someone. However, Marmot can just veto that RB if they think it's a bad RB, or one that comes from scum. Does that make any sense?
okay I missed this part
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena is town for taking this very far
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Unless we think there's 4 factional mafia plus a lost wolf, but I think 3+1 makes more balance sense but idk this setup is weird on a lot of levels and I'm bad at thinking about this stuff
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

how does nanook stop the 1 scum in the punk chat from intentionally dissenting to blow the whole gang up?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:17 pm Hyena is town for taking this very far
Hyena has been lock town since the paranoia in chat.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:16 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:14 pm you're suggesting that in a world where 2 members of the punk chat are scum, marmot is the townie sent by nanook to bring balance to the force; that makes sense, but how do you know that 2 members of the punk chat are scum?
hm

the word "consensus" suggests that even 1 dissenter in the punk chat would lead everyone in the punk chat to die

if there was 1 scum and 4 town in the punk chat then that 1 scum could intentionally vote against the consensus and just open wolf to blow up 4 town along with themselves, which is a pretty good trade

So maybe the protection against this strategy is that there's 2 scum in the punk chat, so they'd be trading 2 mafia for 3 town if they did that, which would be balanced
No, no, there could be one dissenter, but ONLY one. And Marmot couldn't vote. So, there was only four of us voting each time.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella is right though that it would be super weird for nook to just let everyone in the thread be town in d2

maybe we have to explore 4 mafia + 1 lost wolf theories? town seems to have a lot of KP (nutella, mac, FG's role seemed to imply she could beat up some mafia as well) to compensate for it
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:17 pm I'm sorry but I refuse to believe nanook put two out of (presumably) four mafia in the out of thread gang and didn't bring them back after we killed two mafia d1

There are like 3 people in this thread that were in D2. I'm betting they're pure. Now, it's my fault for locking up Alison if Alison's a wolf and it's Marmot's fault for not pulling them back but D2 thread could easily have been pure.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:18 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:14 pm you're suggesting that in a world where 2 members of the punk chat are scum, marmot is the townie sent by nanook to bring balance to the force; that makes sense, but how do you know that 2 members of the punk chat are scum?
hm

the word "consensus" suggests that even 1 dissenter in the punk chat would lead everyone in the punk chat to die

if there was 1 scum and 4 town in the punk chat then that 1 scum could intentionally vote against the consensus and just open wolf to blow up 4 town along with themselves, which is a pretty good trade

So maybe the protection against this strategy is that there's 2 scum in the punk chat, so they'd be trading 2 mafia for 3 town if they did that, which would be balanced
No, no, there could be one dissenter, but ONLY one. And Marmot couldn't vote. So, there was only four of us voting each time.
oh ok

so 1 scum is still the most likely option then
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:18 pm
hm

We needed majority. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have used the word consensus. ;-;
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:19 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:17 pm I'm sorry but I refuse to believe nanook put two out of (presumably) four mafia in the out of thread gang and didn't bring them back after we killed two mafia d1

There are like 3 people in this thread that were in D2. I'm betting they're pure. Now, it's my fault for locking up Alison if Alison's a wolf and it's Marmot's fault for not pulling them back but D2 thread could easily have been pure.
are you claiming that you were the one who pulled me out of the thread?
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

On phone but posting changes in thoughts.

TSP<--- Up to a town read think his approach this EoD would have been to just pile on me as wolf.

Alison<---- Not liking most world views as they are getting pushed into the elimination pile. Likely wolf because if this wolf read.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, Marmot could have pulled us back into the thread on D2. He could do it anytime between phases.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I claimed that literally at the beginning of Day 2, me and Mac had a conversation where I re quoted the posts and it was acknowledged, and it boggles me that you are only now getting this
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Also, Marmot could have pulled us back into the thread on D2. He could do it anytime between phases.
yeah okay so if marmot's a wolf his partner is in the group for sure. I think we can probably start eliminating things via w/w pairs but lost wolves makes this so much harder.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:20 pm On phone but posting changes in thoughts.

TSP<--- Up to a town read think his approach this EoD would have been to just pile on me as wolf.

Alison<---- Not liking most world views as they are getting pushed into the elimination pile. Likely wolf because if this wolf read.
you had 0 problems with me calling you a wolf up until I said the stuff about you being the lost wolf, then suddenly you're all over me. I'm thinking you got caught and are panicking. Your characterization of Alison as a desperate wolf who's self-pressing doesn't make sense because I would just vote Quin if that were the case, unless you think the team is exactly Alison/Quin
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It's important then that we figure out if one of LC/Vul was a lost wolf.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:21 pm I claimed that literally at the beginning of Day 2, me and Mac had a conversation where I re quoted the posts and it was acknowledged, and it boggles me that you are only now getting this
a lot of stuff has happened and mech stuff slips my mind
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:22 pm
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:20 pm On phone but posting changes in thoughts.

you had 0 problems with me calling you a wolf up until I said the stuff about you being the lost wolf, then suddenly you're all over me. I'm thinking you got caught and are panicking. Your characterization of Alison as a desperate wolf who's self-pressing doesn't make sense because I would just vote Quin if that were the case, unless you think the team is exactly Alison/Quin
I think your scum as you are narrowing into a extremely small likely hood in order to save people I scum read.

As well as I have a decent amount of experience as town being pushed by town and I don't get that feeling from you. That feeling is also why I believe Nutella is even more likely town and dropped my paranoid case on them
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:19 pm nutella is right though that it would be super weird for nook to just let everyone in the thread be town in d2

maybe we have to explore 4 mafia + 1 lost wolf theories? town seems to have a lot of KP (nutella, mac, FG's role seemed to imply she could beat up some mafia as well) to compensate for it
I guessss it's possible
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

okay maybe

there being a lost wolf makes this all p messy and I can see ways having 2 maf in punk chat makes sense sorry o great nanook i trust your logic
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:21 pm

hmmmmm potentially spicy
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:25 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:22 pm

I think your scum as you are narrowing into a extremely small likely hood in order to save people I scum read.

As well as I have a decent amount of experience as town being pushed by town and I don't get that feeling from you. That feeling is also why I believe Nutella is even more likely town and dropped my paranoid case on them
yeah, no, this is bullshit, you are just wolf. I've been on you since long before you re-entered the thread & held my case against you even when the wagon against me dropped to 0. you are clearly not obvtown in any way so claiming that I am scum because I'm voting you even when you have very low wolf equity is nonsensical

my case against you is:

- you have only entered the thread to defend yourself

- you made a big deal out of tinfoiling nutella and then "re-evaluating" on her, but you never voted her or did anything at all with the case which makes me think it's just faked paranoia

- your roleblocking yourself action makes perfect sense for a lost wolf to do if they want to look townie while also ensuring that the roleblock doesn't hit their partner
Alison

Post by Alison »

note: if you believe that there are 2 wolves in punk chat, and you trust hyena and marmot (which you probably should if you believe tha there are 2 wolves in punk chat), then the only world that TL isn't scum is if the team is exactly TH/quin. TH was gunning for Quin's death earlier so ask yourself if you think TH would feel any pressure at all to bus Quin here when they could have easily gone for Marmot or even me.

If you don't think it's exactly TH/Quin then TL has to be one of the mafia in the punk chat.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

but I kinda think it's TH Quin tho
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:30 pm note: if you believe that there are 2 wolves in punk chat, and you trust hyena and marmot (which you probably should if you believe tha there are 2 wolves in punk chat), then the only world that TL isn't scum is if the team is exactly TH/quin. TH was gunning for Quin's death earlier so ask yourself if you think TH would feel any pressure at all to bus Quin here when they could have easily gone for Marmot or even me.

If you don't think it's exactly TH/Quin then TL has to be one of the mafia in the punk chat.
TH + Quin was actually the two I had in mind. :x I'm still thinking about it though.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why does TH randomly bus Quin when both myself and Marmot were easy to justify pushing on though? I don't really get the sense that TH is someone who busses a lot as scum
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

poe:
th
if th flips scum
quin
sleep?
marmot
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm Why does TH randomly bus Quin when both myself and Marmot were easy to justify pushing on though? I don't really get the sense that TH is someone who busses a lot as scum
TH isn't voting for Quin, are they
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I actually suspect Hyena now for this outlandish fearmongering. It was cute in the punk chat but I think they're taking it a bit too far. This theory could lead to a few mislynches.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

also update TH has absolutely zero posts that I would call "bussing Quin"
Alison

Post by Alison »

oh, I actually misremembered, TH didn't attack Quin particularly hard
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:33 pm Why does TH randomly bus Quin when both myself and Marmot were easy to justify pushing on though? I don't really get the sense that TH is someone who busses a lot as scum
People seemed afraid of you in punk chat -- not in an alignment kind of way, but in a skill-based paranoid kind of way. They think you're good at mafia. o: If TH is mafia, maybe they didn't want to fight with you over Quin who would be a much easier fight.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:35 pm also update TH has absolutely zero posts that I would call "bussing Quin"
yes I got mixed up I think

ok
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

It's you that TH tried to bus, huh Alison?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

That's a spicy thought I'm having
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:35 pm I actually suspect Hyena now for this outlandish fearmongering. It was cute in the punk chat but I think they're taking it a bit too far. This theory could lead to a few mislynches.
what is hyena fearmongering about? all their theories have revolved around is how many scum are in the punk chat
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah but the urgency seems phony to me
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TH vote alison with me or I vote you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lol I'm second guessing about Alison atm :kadaj:
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:36 pm oh, I actually misremembered, TH didn't attack Quin particularly hard
Am the one who came into thread pushing Quinn and Marmot
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:37 pm It's you that TH tried to bus, huh Alison?
I'm sort of tired of you coming up every like 15 minutes to randomly tinfoil me. You've done it on and off every game we've played together since Space Invaders. See: "Alison is scum because she forgot to submit a night action in Philosopher's Mafia", "Alison is scum because she posted a meme in Grasslands Mafia". I don't know whether you're doing it consciously or not or if you're just paranoid and don't want to be fooled again.

In this case you should realize that if TH/Alison is the team that we would have no reason for TH to make a case on Alison because 1) Alison is the one that you'd send deep in that world and 2) scum isn't going to start killing each other in this gamestate, where 2 scum were shot D1 and the thread is in enough confusion to get away with misexing townies.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like if quin gets lynched it's not the end of the world and I really don't know that I'm comfortable leading any other wagon right now
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have a stupid reason to town clear Alison. It's not going to affect my read because Alison is definitely the kind of wolf player to play for this reason, but I'm bringing it up to acknowledge its existence.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

So I am worried Alison is hard pushing two mafia in the chat as out if themselves/TSP/NUTELLA they are always getting voted out.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:42 pm So I am worried Alison is hard pushing two mafia in the chat as out if themselves/TSP/NUTELLA they are always getting voted out.
what does this mean
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:42 pm So I am worried Alison is hard pushing two mafia in the chat as out if themselves/TSP/NUTELLA they are always getting voted out.
que

Return to “Previous Jobs”