31%

Total votes: 13
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 4]

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Can i know the reason for that laugh emote [mention]Krusty the Clown[/mention]?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:35 pm :haha:
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:33 pm actually I want to push here and see what happens.

[VOTE: Grumple] aubergine

Grumple has been towncored without being townread. Nobody seriously suspects him, but nobody explicitly townreads him either. It's a lot easier to ignore your wolf teammates who aren't under suspicion than stir up controversy about them. I'm actually wondering if Grumple/Otto/X teams are possible.

My biggest gripe with Otto is that he appears way too confident and unmoving on his krusty vote despite having voted wrong for the past few days. I think all townies are feeling a bit or a lot of doubt and disappointment in their game so far and it is weird to me that Otto would just plough straight ahead onto exeing someone so early in the day seemingly uber confidently.

How do you know my last vote was wrong?

I cant even remember if it was on Grampa or Grumble, but that's not important here.
I ran away from the Lisa wagon, seeing you, Burns and Krusty on there gave me the creeps.
:haha:
Keep laughing. Hopefully you can write a Coles on why your top SR's are Hugh and Gramps while you're gasping for air.
I'm all ears, and eyes. Always got time for you.

My town leans have completely evaporated because wagons and I really hated the wall posts from your SR's, however that may just be due to the nature of our home where we instayeet any wallers.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Well except BW. Never yeet BW for walls.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:34 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:15 pm I don't know whether or not it was wrong but it creeps me out that you seem so sure it's right. You were wrong on D1 and D2 and you thought Lisa was scum for a while as well. What makes you so sure that you're right about Krusty to the point where you refuse to change your vote no matter what happens?
I didn't lock my vote. That would be stupid, reckless and anti town. It's a full blown dipshit move if you ask me.

However, I did say I dont see myself changing my vote, but maybe I should have said - barring any significant developments, I dont see myself coming off that vote.

I've been getting my ass handed to me this game. We've received no info from any specials and all we have to go on are wagons. Krusty's wagons all flipped town and there's some meta stuff which isnt lining up for me
ok well, it sounded to me like you locked your vote when I first read your post about not shifting off krusty, which is why I said what I said.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm Can i know the reason for that laugh emote @Krusty the Clown?
Otto's line about the Lisa wagon giving him creeps. Makes me chuckle, cuz he's full of it.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:55 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:15 pm I don't know whether or not it was wrong but it creeps me out that you seem so sure it's right. You were wrong on D1 and D2 and you thought Lisa was scum for a while as well. What makes you so sure that you're right about Krusty to the point where you refuse to change your vote no matter what happens?
I didn't lock my vote. That would be stupid, reckless and anti town. It's a full blown dipshit move if you ask me.

However, I did say I dont see myself changing my vote, but maybe I should have said - barring any significant developments, I dont see myself coming off that vote.

I've been getting my ass handed to me this game. We've received no info from any specials and all we have to go on are wagons. Krusty's wagons all flipped town and there's some meta stuff which isnt lining up for me
ok well, it sounded to me like you locked your vote when I first read your post about not shifting off krusty, which is why I said what I said.
Understandable. I reread my post in question and it does actually read that way.
I'm passionate.

So why'd you kill homer?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:52 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:33 pm actually I want to push here and see what happens.

Grumple has been towncored without being townread. Nobody seriously suspects him, but nobody explicitly townreads him either. It's a lot easier to ignore your wolf teammates who aren't under suspicion than stir up controversy about them. I'm actually wondering if Grumple/Otto/X teams are possible.

My biggest gripe with Otto is that he appears way too confident and unmoving on his krusty vote despite having voted wrong for the past few days. I think all townies are feeling a bit or a lot of doubt and disappointment in their game so far and it is weird to me that Otto would just plough straight ahead onto exeing someone so early in the day seemingly uber confidently.

I cant even remember if it was on Grampa or Grumble, but that's not important here.
I ran away from the Lisa wagon, seeing you, Burns and Krusty on there gave me the creeps.
Keep laughing. Hopefully you can write a Coles on why your top SR's are Hugh and Gramps while you're gasping for air.

My town leans have completely evaporated because wagons and I really hated the wall posts from your SR's, however that may just be due to the nature of our home where we instayeet any wallers.
My top scum are the active, top posters. Lynching slankers ain't doing the trick

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:03 pm i refuse any meta read, hope you understand, if you will expand the suspicions/reservations game related i will answer at them.
It helped me contextualize your tinfoil on me and the reactions to suspicions on you, feels familiar. It's not solely meta since we continued interacting last phase and that kinda shot the argument of you not trying to figure me out.
I have to admit, my tinfoil changed a bit, i think your day was better after we talked, but what bothers me is your calm, is like you are waiting the game moving forward by itself. Maybe is just my wrong perception and if it is please help me to see this.
Can you reevaluate Mr. Burns (because you already have that huge analysis on him) and make short reads for everyone?
I will do this myself in few hours, to not say i may be inspired/influenced by your ideas, i would suggest you to post these things in the same time, i will @ you when i am ready.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm Can i know the reason for that laugh emote @Krusty the Clown?
Otto's line about the Lisa wagon giving him creeps. Makes me chuckle, cuz he's full of it.
Full of chuckles or creeps?
Go reread the minutes bruh. I voted Lisa then justified pulling off it in thread while talking with Burns.
I told him we had bad juju and that lead ne to thinking.
And then after Lisa's flip I realized you'd been in on 3 town yeets
Then thought to myself - he's only ever that bad as scum.
Now you're spending all your time trying to discredit/laugh at/mock me and not doing anything to forward town.

Awful look for ya pal.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:58 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:55 pm

Understandable. I reread my post in question and it does actually read that way.
I'm passionate.

So why'd you kill homer?
I didn't.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Actually everyone should do the same, because we need to see where everyone stands
Can you be more active and share your complete reads?
[mention]Allison Taylor[/mention]
[mention]The Grumple[/mention]
[mention]Grampa Simpson[/mention]
[mention]Krusty the Clown[/mention]
[mention]Otto Mann[/mention]
[mention]Mr. Burns[/mention]
[mention]Principal Skinner[/mention]
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto talks about my wagons all flipping town...how are your wagons flipping Otto?

Are you even voting for the player you voted for last RD?

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 pm

My top scum are the active, top posters. Lynching slankers ain't doing the trick
Drum roll

Who are they?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

There is probably 1 scum between Otto and Krusty. I don't see how two people who know each other well here can be so sure that the other is scum if it's V/V. Wolves have no reason to bus like this given the gamestate, so occam's razor is that it's just one town and one wolf.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Full of chuckles or creeps?
Go reread the minutes bruh. I voted Lisa then justified pulling off it in thread while talking with Burns.
I told him we had bad juju and that lead ne to thinking.
And then after Lisa's flip I realized you'd been in on 3 town yeets
Then thought to myself - he's only ever that bad as scum.
Now you're spending all your time trying to discredit/laugh at/mock me and not doing anything to forward town.

Awful look for ya pal.
Do TP think like this?

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:04 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 pm

Drum roll

Who are they?
Wanna guess?

ImageImageImage
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:04 pm Actually everyone should do the same, because we need to see where everyone stands
Can you be more active and share your complete reads?
@Allison Taylor
@The Grumple
@Grampa Simpson
@Krusty the Clown
@Otto Mann
@Mr. Burns
@Principal Skinner
my reads this game are "fucked" and "fucked-er".

I'm clearing Skinner for an un-CCed tracker claim and you because the marge kill made no sense if you're scum and you aren't under enough pressure to WIFOM kill here.

I think there's one scum in [Otto/Burns/Hugh] because those are the candidates for deepwolf stringing me along.

I think [Otto/Krusty] has one scum in it.

And I think [Grampa/Grumple] has at least one scum in it because those are the players who've been prodding the wagons along without taking the lead or getting their hands dirty. I'm currently voting Grumple and I want to drag him into the light to see if he shines or stinks.

I could see an Otto/Grampa/Grumple. Or I could see a Hugh/Burns/wonder twin team. I'm getting slightly paranoid that the Hugh/Burns stuff was faked because they've been ostentatiously at each other's throats for the past 3 day phases but nothing serious has come of it. But I'm leaning more towards just trying to find the wolf in Otto/Krusty and Grampa/Grumple this day phase.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

When CBG gained momentum D2, Lisa was set up as a counterwagon. Her being a counterwagon to town made me think she was scum using CBG's wagon as a shield. Now we have a Krusty wagon materializing out of thin air EOD3 to counterwagon Lisa. Feels like a repeat on Day 2. I'm leaning towards Krusty town. The wagon on him feels too easy and there's too much consensus and too little resistance in a game where all the easy wagons have flipped green.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Why the fuck does scum Krusty not shoot Skinner? Skinner is a claimed Tracker and was suspicious of Krusty. If you're Krusty there you just shoot Skinner, everyone assumes it's because he's a PR, and you get rid of someone pointing a finger at you without drawing any attention.

Skinner might have been left alive because his Krusty suspicion is wrong and wolves want him to rampage after the wrong guy.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:02 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:55 pm
Bart Simpson wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:03 pm i refuse any meta read, hope you understand, if you will expand the suspicions/reservations game related i will answer at them.
It helped me contextualize your tinfoil on me and the reactions to suspicions on you, feels familiar. It's not solely meta since we continued interacting last phase and that kinda shot the argument of you not trying to figure me out.
I have to admit, my tinfoil changed a bit, i think your day was better after we talked, but what bothers me is your calm, is like you are waiting the game moving forward by itself. Maybe is just my wrong perception and if it is please help me to see this.
Can you reevaluate Mr. Burns (because you already have that huge analysis on him) and make short reads for everyone?
I will do this myself in few hours, to not say i may be inspired/influenced by your ideas, i would suggest you to post these things in the same time, i will @ you when i am ready.
That's a pretty fair take, I think it's because of how I've been solving more globally rather than hard committing on one target at times even though I cased and have several suspects. Mentioned earlier how the flow of the game and the dynamic of the sockpuppets was throwing me off, like being shy with my votes which is not a me thing no matter my alignment. It's just been a weird game and I'm emotionally exhausted a bit so that's seeping in.

I have no energy to do that right now, and it's sleepy time in a few hours. Will do that in the morning tomorrow, was planning on re-read some stuff.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Where are the wonder twins?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:19 pm Why the fuck does scum Krusty not shoot Skinner? Skinner is a claimed Tracker and was suspicious of Krusty. If you're Krusty there you just shoot Skinner, everyone assumes it's because he's a PR, and you get rid of someone pointing a finger at you without drawing any attention.

Skinner might have been left alive because his Krusty suspicion is wrong and wolves want him to rampage after the wrong guy.
If he's bad, he's not a lone wolf. Avoiding Krusty again might have been another doc dodge to be safe. Not that impossible for a Doctor to have foregone using a shot one of the first two night banking on assumed protection to then clutch an N3 save.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:07 pm There is probably 1 scum between Otto and Krusty. I don't see how two people who know each other well here can be so sure that the other is scum if it's V/V. Wolves have no reason to bus like this given the gamestate, so occam's razor is that it's just one town and one wolf.
Which is which?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:39 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:07 pm There is probably 1 scum between Otto and Krusty. I don't see how two people who know each other well here can be so sure that the other is scum if it's V/V. Wolves have no reason to bus like this given the gamestate, so occam's razor is that it's just one town and one wolf.
Which is which?
leaning towards otto scum, krusty town atm
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:37 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:19 pm Why the fuck does scum Krusty not shoot Skinner? Skinner is a claimed Tracker and was suspicious of Krusty. If you're Krusty there you just shoot Skinner, everyone assumes it's because he's a PR, and you get rid of someone pointing a finger at you without drawing any attention.

If he's bad, he's not a lone wolf. Avoiding Krusty again might have been another doc dodge to be safe. Not that impossible for a Doctor to have foregone using a shot one of the first two night banking on assumed protection to then clutch an N3 save.
this is true, I guess
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

So I am floundering through this reread and also waiting for a sign.

Hugh I do not think is the sign. I think he's more in the hard working but misguided townie camp and not the sign I am looking for.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

probably going to head out to lunch soonish
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:39 am It's probably too convenient but I've pretty much flipped completely. None of my scum reads have been scum so far. I'm batting .000, and seriously believe there's wolves in the Krusty, Burns, Allison world. Throw Gramps in there too, but he and Grumple are part of my old scum reads and given where were at I've been seeing thing poorly.

[VOTE: Krusty] aubergine
Is there salad on the menu today in the cafeteria?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:36 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:08 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:39 pm Earlier in the game I posted about seeing a world where Burns and Allison are w/w and you guys gave me shit for "associative reads" or something.
Well I'm seeing that world again and don't care that you guys hate me exploring worlds.
Also, I'll have to ISO to confirm, but I don't think Krusty has questioned Allison or Burns and by this point in the game Krusty would have normally questioned everyone and gone back for some follow up.
Now he didn't get salty the last time I circled back on him, but I think he's learned not to lash out when scum.
Another thing with Krusty is that when hes town his reads are never this bad, however I have seen him go full on open wolf and just jump on any convenient town wagon night after night.
Hes bold like that.
Are you talking about me voting for Lisa last RD to save myself from a mislynch?

Brilliant detective work there. Taters gonna tater.
Lol what? That wasn't a dying minutes self pres vote. You were on Lisa pretty early fwir.

But I agree nonetheless, taters gonna tate
I jumped back and forth from a few wagons. It was def a self pres vote, look at the numbers
Krusty the Clown wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:03 pm Lisa's post count is way off her D1 & D2, she's contributed 1 post so far D3. I'd like to see a Lisa vs Burns wagon, soooooooo
"Self-preservation."

I'll note that in your permanent record.

[VOTE: Krusty the Clown] aubergine
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Boringboi666 »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:13 pmI'm currently voting Grumple and I want to drag him into the light to see if he shines or stinks.
hello, if you have any questions for me please feel free to ask,

my presence here today is going to be unimpressive, because of reasons
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:18 pm When CBG gained momentum D2, Lisa was set up as a counterwagon. Her being a counterwagon to town made me think she was scum using CBG's wagon as a shield. Now we have a Krusty wagon materializing out of thin air EOD3 to counterwagon Lisa. Feels like a repeat on Day 2. I'm leaning towards Krusty town. The wagon on him feels too easy and there's too much consensus and too little resistance in a game where all the easy wagons have flipped green.
Let's see.
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm Okay, slightly out of character post because I couldn't think of a good way to stay in character while writing this.

Lisa's probably my strongest townread right now. (And not just because she's my best friend.) I've got good feelings about Comic Book Guy and Marge. I would probably townread Otto more if I didn't suspect he was Nanook, in which case this entrance is probably totally NAI for him.
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:48 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:45 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:33 pm Oh, so you aren't nanook. Given that I thought you were though, the two of you seem like you'd click together. And I actually think OMGUS is town indicative because town is more likely to feel indignant about being wrongly voted and/or suspect that they're being falsely accused by mafia. Scum is like, "well, they caught me, how can I get them off my back?". Obviously it's not a super strong read since it's so easy to fake OMGUS/indignation, but in a vacuum it's slightly townie and nothing I'd scumread someone off.

I posted that before reading that Comic Book Guy was just fishing for reactions though.
I like bait votes.
CBG and Krusty both seemed like decent odds at town, was hoping for a wolfy entrance vote from one of the slank.
C'est la vie
Yeah, Lisa coming in and going "both of you are town" was what made me townread her. Her entrance felt pretty comfortable too. What do you think about Bart?
Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:31 am Re: Bart's push on me. No, I'm not twisting your words. I interpreted them in the most commonsensical way. Others have said the same thing, that they found the discrepancy odd. I think you are going out of your way to try to find nits to pick at the point where you say that you found me waiting for Skinner townie but suspect that Skinner is my scumbuddy. Do you scumread Skinner? Why would you jump to that conclusion?

Marge: I don't think Lisa's read is TMI any more than any early game read is TMI. I thought the squabbling between the two of them based on getting/not getting a joke was pretty silly, and the stubborn/indignant way they pursued the convo was a good look. (Town are more likely to get stuck on something small and inconsequential early, scum tend to want to appease people and go along with the flow.) Lisa coming in and (successfully) breaking up the argument while calling both of them town matched my sentiments on the topic, and she could have easily let the argument spiral if she was scum. I townread her for that.
Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:39 pm Here's where I'm at right now:

I think Marge is town. I think Burns is town. Grampa's recent posts have made me doubt my scumread on him a bit. I feel like the thread is descending into an orgy of people nitpicking stuff about each other's posts and/or getting super defensive and lashing out when their own posts gets nitpicked. I think there's a decent number of people active lurking, eating popcorn, and watching the town tear each other into shreds.

I am currently more in favor of putting pressure on inactive people to contribute. I do not agree with Burns that Milhouse coming in to post some random read salad without any explanations or serious pushes is a townie entrance. I'm am concerned that Skinner and Hugh are still AWOL. I am also concerned that Ned Flanders has had three posts the entire day, scumread Burns early on, and then dropped a vote on him without any announcement, after Marge pushed Burns. (If you check the poll you will see that Flanders voted Burns after Marge and Homer voted, even though his suspicion on Burns purportedly came long before.) I do not know what Flanders' progression on the game is or why he is drive by voting Burns at a very convenient timing without saying anything.

So those four are my POE. I trust Otto, Marge, Burns, Grumple and Krusty. I am willing to accept Marge + Homer's testimony that they know who Bart is and that his behavior this game strongly indicates that he is town. I started off with an early Lisa townread, but she has since fallen off. So my 5 townreads + tentatively Bart is my townpool for today. Everyone else who isn't directly in the POE or in my townpool is somewhere in the middle.
Going to circle back here re: Krusty.
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:22 pm CBG's responses have really irked me. I think he's going for a TWTBAW strategy. He's trying to give off an aura of not giving a fuck but his overly flippant attitude feels OTT. I think he's just scum here, maybe even trying his best to anti-spew so as to deny us associative reads.

Bart is probably town here as well. Marge not appearing today has me slightly concerned but I had her as strong town yesterday and I still trust her.

I think I'm on Bart, Grumple, Otto, Hugh, Krusty, Marge, Burns and Skinner as town.

POE is Lisa, Homer, CBG.

I doubt the game is as easy as all three of them being scum but I would be pretty unsurprised if there was 2 scum in that pool. My townreads all look good to me and I'd like to think my reads are good enough that there aren't 2 or more wolves slipping into my town list.
All good students and all dead.
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 pm
Lisa Simpson wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:47 pm Is it me or does it feel like Grumple fell down a flight of stairs in the middle of D1
He seems to know what a player salad is but doesn't know what TR means. Just seems odd to me. I don't know why one would fake it though but just putting this down since i noticed alot of his posts D2 are just asking about terminology.
This is a huge reach.

Why is Grumple worthy of your vote when you painted Lisa's concerns as "a huge reach?"
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:53 pm CBG sitting at 2 votes after half the game expresses suspicion on him and verbally agrees that he's probably the best vote for today is stinky. I think his teammates are trying to have their cake and eat it too by saying they scumread CBG so they get cred if he flips red, but in reality vote elsewhere so he doesn't die. LC was caught with this pattern in Grasslands Mafia. If CBG is town I'd expect the wolves to be piling on him for their free misexe because he's determined to make himself look bad. But all I see on his wagon are tumbleweeds.

Lisa especially seems to be going out of her way to cast shade on everyone but CBG. Grampa voted Homer over CBG after saying CBG was scummier earlier, and is tight-lipped about why.
Why is this a concern? Do villains not know how to distance?
Allison Taylor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:09 pm
Comic Book Guy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:06 pm [VOTE: Lisa Simpson] aubergine
This is the worst attempt at last-minute distancing I have seen in my entire life.
Someone call the history department. I found someone on the wrong side of it.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

As for Krusty, I don't see any progression that would lead you to your current view.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 3]

Allison Taylor wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:42 am Marge gloating about correctly townreading Homer is pretty townie I think. As much as I was annoyed with Krusty for his scumread on me I think it's probably >rand town in that he was pretty keyed up/unhappy with the gamestate and aggro towards people he perceived as wolf, where I think wolves would take a softer approach towards the game right now with a bad start for town and a couple of players with low activity. Burns looks good for similar reasons.

Lisa's posts today have been pretty meh. I don't like that her only post D3 is a self-defense post complaining about being scumread rather than offering any takes of her own. [VOTE: Lisa] aubergine
Were this Career Day, this would be Miss Taylor explaining why she is Krusty's teammate and how good the benefits package is.

That's a long-winded explanation defending Krusty that simply isn't supported by Allison Taylor's post history.
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:33 pmGrumple has been towncored without being townread. Nobody seriously suspects him, but nobody explicitly townreads him either.
this means nothing, obviously, but that is a pretty accurate description of me in every game.
It's a lot easier to ignore your wolf teammates who aren't under suspicion than stir up controversy about them. I'm actually wondering if Grumple/Otto/X teams are possible.
if otto were my teammate i would bus him asap after day 3, pragmatic or not. :\

Otto trolled me by pretending to care about post length and formatting; a great and shameful personal failure that i would have never knowingly participated in.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

[VOTE: Alison Taylor] aubergine
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:33 pmGrumple has been towncored without being townread. Nobody seriously suspects him, but nobody explicitly townreads him either.
this means nothing, obviously, but that is a pretty accurate description of me in every game.
It's a lot easier to ignore your wolf teammates who aren't under suspicion than stir up controversy about them. I'm actually wondering if Grumple/Otto/X teams are possible.

[col]Otto trolled me by pretending to care about post length and formatting; a great and shameful personal failure that i would have never knowingly participated in.[/col]
I do that occasionally. Gamestate frustration + booze.
Sorry, maybe.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Principal Skinner wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:25 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:39 am It's probably too convenient but I've pretty much flipped completely. None of my scum reads have been scum so far. I'm batting .000, and seriously believe there's wolves in the Krusty, Burns, Allison world.

Throw Gramps in there too, but he and Grumple are part of my old scum reads and given where were at I've been seeing thing poorly.

[VOTE: Krusty] aubergine
Is there salad on the menu today in the cafeteria?
I guess the formatting wasn't ideal, so I fixed that in the above.

Are two sides better than a big salad?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Glad I'm not the only one who felt like Allison was trying to pull conversation off Krusty and put it on me.
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

It's pretty clear to me that we expel Alison Taylor.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 am It's pretty clear to me that we expel Alison Taylor.
For...being wolf Krusty's packmate?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 am
Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:29 am It's pretty clear to me that we expel Alison Taylor.
Do you object?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

I'll help but I'm leaving my vote on Krusty until I'm forced to move off., but it appears Allison has told us all they're teammates.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:51 am
Do you object?
Maybe.

The "let's cop this one for being that one's pack mate" when we really don't know that one is a wolf seems...premature.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:56 am
Principal Skinner wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:51 am
Do you object?
Maybe.

The "let's cop this one for being that one's pack mate" when we really don't know that one is a wolf seems...premature.
Would you prefer Krusty first?
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Lemme guess Skinner, your next move is "Burns must be Allison's packmate since she must be Krusty's packmate, so let's chop Burns."

I just think preflip associations are cards to build a house from. If you think w!Allison was protecting w!Krusty doesn't flipping Krusty seem like the move?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

The Grumple wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:57 pm

Otto trolled me by pretending to care about post length and formatting; a great and shameful personal failure that i would have never knowingly participated in.
I was sort of thinking that it's possible that you and Otto were pretending to squabble over something inconsequential so we get it into our heads that you two aren't teammates without actually having to make serious pushes against each other.

What are your reads?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Principal Skinner wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:46 pm All good students and all dead.
Yes, I suspected & voted townies. I don't deny it. So did half the game. That's why we're in the position we're in.
Principal Skinner wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:46 pm Why is Grumple worthy of your vote when you painted Lisa's concerns as "a huge reach?"
Because Lisa was suspecting Grumple for reasons I thought didn't make sense, and I'm suspecting Grumple, 3 day phases later, for a completely separate set of reasons.
Principal Skinner wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:46 pm Why is this a concern? Do villains not know how to distance?
Scum can distance, yeah, but that doesn't mean that's all they do. If I suspect X of being mafia, and Y seems to be doing things to prop up X, I'm going to have my suspicions about Y as well. You seem to know this very well since you suspect me of being Krusty's teammate lol.
Principal Skinner wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:46 pm Someone call the history department. I found someone on the wrong side of it.
Yeah, I was wrong about them. This makes me mafia?
Boringboi666
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Boringboi666 »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 amI do that occasionally. Gamestate frustration + booze.
Sorry, maybe.
it's okay lol. i was just frustrated at getting my shit so thoroughly wrecked.

it's been a while since i've interacted with anyone on the interwebs, i forgot that sometimes people are insincere for pranks
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:28 am Glad I'm not the only one who felt like Allison was trying to pull conversation off Krusty and put it on me.
This doesn't make sense Otto.

1) I've actively participated in and started conversations about Krusty's alignment. See my back and forth with Hugh about how the nightkill affects my view of Krusty. I'm not taking the spotlight off Krusty in any way just because I suspect you.

2) You and Krusty are feuding in a duel to the death, a conversation about your alignment, in the context of this game, is a conversation that involves Krusty. It's not like I'm saying "guys forget about this Krusty stuff, let's talk about why Otto is wolf". I'm saying "So Otto and Krusty are thunderdoming, and I think between the two Otto is the wolf". That's not pulling the conversation off Krusty at all, that's making the conversation about you two actually.

Why can't you be wolf Otto? We all agree that there's probably wolves lurking deep within the trusted town core. You've been trusted and your alignment has largely gone unquestioned for the past 3 day phases. From my point of view you definitely have equity for being the deepwolf who fooled us all. Why are you this defensive when I put the slightest bit of heat on you? So far this day phase all you've done is shade the two people who've suspected you, when our suspicions are (IMO) incredibly reasonable.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

The Grumple wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:05 am
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 amI do that occasionally. Gamestate frustration + booze.
Sorry, maybe.
it's okay lol. i was just frustrated at getting my shit so thoroughly wrecked.

it's been a while since i've interacted with anyone on the interwebs, i forgot that sometimes people are insincere for pranks
Wasn't just for pranks, sometimes players who are already on edge lise their shit on me for engaging like that. Most of the time it's a scum tell.
Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:08 am
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:28 am Glad I'm not the only one who felt like Allison was trying to pull conversation off Krusty and put it on me.
This doesn't make sense Otto.

1) I've actively participated in and started conversations about Krusty's alignment. See my back and forth with Hugh about how the nightkill affects my view of Krusty. I'm not taking the spotlight off Krusty in any way just because I suspect you.

2) You and Krusty are feuding in a duel to the death, a conversation about your alignment, in the context of this game, is a conversation that involves Krusty. It's not like I'm saying "guys forget about this Krusty stuff, let's talk about why Otto is wolf". I'm saying "So Otto and Krusty are thunderdoming, and I think between the two Otto is the wolf". That's not pulling the conversation off Krusty at all, that's making the conversation about you two actually.

Why can't you be wolf Otto? We all agree that there's probably wolves lurking deep within the trusted town core. You've been trusted and your alignment has largely gone unquestioned for the past 3 day phases. From my point of view you definitely have equity for being the deepwolf who fooled us all. Why are you this defensive when I put the slightest bit of heat on you? So far this day phase all you've done is shade the two people who've suspected you, when our suspicions are (IMO) incredibly reasonable.
Defensive? Nah.
I was just pointing out the obvious theme of your posts.

Defensive is writing numbered paragraphs with the sole purpose of defending yourself then writing a long passive aggressive statement designed to muddy the waters.

Return to “Previous Heists”