31%

Total votes: 13
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 523

Re: The Simpsons [DAY 4]

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:55 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am Otto's probably one of the weirdest TR I've had in a minute. I don't really remember much of what he said after one phase each time nor have we rea the game the same way, there also hasn't been some strong cues where I go "that's a town thought" since like D1. I had more of those with fucking Comic Book Guy lmao. Even without these I haven't actually suspected him. He just feels so smooooth, all of his posts come off naturally and it just feels genuine. He's just playing his own game and I just don't see an agenda behind any of the angle he's pushed.

Think the clashes he's had so far this phase reflects good on him. He feels isolated and unique in his thoughts.
That's cuz he's meta reading me, and since he's the only one who knows me, he's uniquely qualified. Brilliant Otto & Hugh, tone reading champs....riiiiiiiight.
lmao the game doesn't revolve around you bud
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

is Otto the closest to lock scum you have?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:44 am Burns uncertainty here feels fake to me. He isn't actually engaging people's thoughts and entertaining them to like enlighten himself and solve th game. He's rebuffing cases and thoughts doesn't align with that at all, comes off as someone trying to stay in control of the narrative and doesn't want people to reach conclusions just yet. He wants to guide them there after figuring out where everything stands and paving out a way for him to win. Does that make sense lol?
No, it doesn't. In fact, Burns's post shortly before this doesn't reflect that at all.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:58 am
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am Otto's probably one of the weirdest TR I've had in a minute. I don't really remember much of what he said after one phase each time nor have we rea the game the same way, there also hasn't been some strong cues where I go "that's a town thought" since like D1. I had more of those with fucking Comic Book Guy lmao. Even without these I haven't actually suspected him. He just feels so smooooth, all of his posts come off naturally and it just feels genuine. He's just playing his own game and I just don't see an agenda behind any of the angle he's pushed.

Think the clashes he's had so far this phase reflects good on him. He feels isolated and unique in his thoughts.
That's cuz he's meta reading me, and since he's the only one who knows me, he's uniquely qualified. Brilliant Otto & Hugh, tone reading champs....riiiiiiiight.
Well, at least my mom thinks I'm cool

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:57 am Beats me. Why do you reckon the Maf haven't touched the tracker? Or any of the largely town read players?
There have been only 2 largely town read players, Otto and Alison. Same thing you're holding against him can be held against her as well. Simple reason is one of them is a wolf, and not touching them is cover. You could probably extend that to a few more players.

As for the Tracker, think this could be an explanation.
Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:37 pm might have been another doc dodge to be safe. Not that impossible for a Doctor to have foregone using a shot one of the first two night banking on assumed protection to then clutch an N3 save.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:00 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:44 am Burns uncertainty here feels fake to me. He isn't actually engaging people's thoughts and entertaining them to like enlighten himself and solve th game. He's rebuffing cases and thoughts doesn't align with that at all, comes off as someone trying to stay in control of the narrative and doesn't want people to reach conclusions just yet. He wants to guide them there after figuring out where everything stands and paving out a way for him to win. Does that make sense lol?
No, it doesn't. In fact, Burns's post shortly before this doesn't reflect that at all.
nah
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:02 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:58 am

Well, at least my mom thinks I'm cool
You're the coolest guy
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:02 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:57 am Beats me. Why do you reckon the Maf haven't touched the tracker? Or any of the largely town read players?
There have been only 2 largely town read players, Otto and Alison. Same thing you're holding against him can be held against her as well. Simple reason is one of them is a wolf, and not touching them is cover. You could probably extend that to a few more players.

Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:37 pm might have been another doc dodge to be safe. Not that impossible for a Doctor to have foregone using a shot one of the first two night banking on assumed protection to then clutch an N3 save.
I'm calling out all active town core players, haven't you heard? I've said it several times.

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

Lol at thinking I'm !wolf going at Krusty trying to cause a mislynch.
That would be the stupidest wolf play from my position ever.

Like why on earth wouldn't I have just shut the fuck up, float by on my town cred and not rock the boat / wreck the small town core alliance I had?

You guys can think whatever you want, but I decided to shake the tree again after 3 straight town yeets.
Krusty's response to my tunneling has been anything but towny, just omgus, and now he can't explore the world beyond me. These are not town tells from him.

Go check the self pres claim on his Lisa vote. That's just a straight up lie. He was on that wagon so early.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:17 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:02 pm

I'm calling out all active town core players, haven't you heard? I've said it several times.
Then call them appropriately, largely town read threw me off. Fair fair though I remember now after that Grampa being towncore post lool
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Oh wow the quote is so fucked up that even my response got eaten up
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

He was the fifth vote on Lisa I believe when she was competing with Grampa no? His wagon hadn't materialized yet unless I can't remember shit
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:24 pm He was the fifth vote on Lisa I believe when she was competing with Grampa no? His wagon hadn't materialized yet unless I can't remember shit
Something like that. He was on Lisa far too early to make a self pres claim.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Hugh Jass wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:26 am I think Doc should come out if they have expanded both shots. Gets us 2 confirmed peeps that can help lead the conversation or at least be some sort of stabilizer. And we'll have at least 1 of them the following phase

Also forces mafia to commit to a CC early if they're doing it which is a good trade since we get another chop before an and/or solution.
Everyone checked in so yeah come on now :disappoint:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:30 pm
Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:24 pm He was the fifth vote on Lisa I believe when she was competing with Grampa no? His wagon hadn't materialized yet unless I can't remember shit
Something like that. He was on Lisa far too early to make a self pres claim.
I jumped off and on several wagons that RD. This argument is disingenuous.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm Lol at thinking I'm !wolf going at Krusty trying to cause a mislynch.

Like why on earth wouldn't I have just shut the fuck up, float by on my town cred and not rock the boat / wreck the small town core alliance I had?

You guys can think whatever you want, but I decided to shake the tree again after 3 straight town yeets.
Krusty's response to my tunneling has been anything but towny, just omgus, and now he can't explore the world beyond me. These are not town tells from him.

Go check the self pres claim on his Lisa vote. That's just a straight up lie. He was on that wagon so early.
Wrong again. I'm calling out all active town core players, it's not all about you.

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:34 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:21 pm Lol at thinking I'm !wolf going at Krusty trying to cause a mislynch.

Wrong again. I'm calling out all active town core players, it's not all about you.
Like who?

Maybe I missed all these posts where you're calling people out
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:59 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 pm As it stands I dont see myself moving off Krusty for any reason.
Worst post of your entire life.

I get it. Feeling a lil drained, bleh.

Town core of Alison, Hugh, Otto, Burns, Grampa are rotten. 2 minimum wolf methinks. I'll bet my flapping dicky
[mention]Otto Mann[/mention] Cuz you missed it...even tho you posted almost right after this

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:05 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:59 pm As it stands I dont see myself moving off Krusty for any reason.

Town core of Alison, Hugh, Otto, Burns, Grampa are rotten. 2 minimum wolf methinks. I'll bet my flapping dicky

So between Allison, Burns, Hugh and Grandpa who are your strongest SR's?
And here's Otto acknowledging that he read it....but then he claims he must've missed. Yeah...riiiiiiight

ImageImageImage
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:44 pm

@Otto Mann Cuz you missed it...even tho you posted almost right after this
No no, I must have missed the posts where you actively pressure and question your top SR's.

All you've done with me is a Peewee Herman routine "I know you are but what am I?" thing.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:58 pm

No no, I must have missed the posts where you actively pressure and question your top SR's.

All you've done with me is a Peewee Herman routine "I know you are but what am I?" thing.
Ah, now there have to be a bunch of posts where I'm pressuring these players. Keep changing the goal line if that's what works for ya.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Otto Mann wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Pffffft, my arguments haven't even been half that sophisticated.

ImageImageImage
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:34 am Skinner & Otto look like wolves. Otto has been largely TR until now, & Skinner is the supposed tracker. Neither of whom has been worthy of an MK, which is weird cuz largely TR players & special claims should be Mafia fodder for sure.
I agree that the wolves should certainly have eaten the claimed tracker...but it's an open setup and there IS a tracker. If it isn't Skinner then who is it?

I had my own theory on what the wolves are doing with the NKs, but it is waaaaaaaaay out there and doesn't seem to fit with anything else in the game state so it's apparently wrong. But no matter how you slice it, in the absence of a counter claim I can't see Skinner as anything but town tracker.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

And Bart acting like I should be wasting time trying to clear Skinner by other means is just weird.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

I've barely posted because I am deep reading whenever I have time instead of interacting. Is that what you call "controlling the narrative?" I'm not engaging much with this lot, because this lot is apparently full of wolves that I have been unable to detect through direct engagement so I am trying something else.

And I'll vote when I'm ready. Smithers, show the gentleman out.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:14 pm And Bart acting like I should be wasting time trying to clear Skinner by other means is just weird.
I didn't try to clear him, just happened to observe a thing who logically comes from town.

Mind to share your thread searches?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm Burns vs Otto feels like two townies squabbling with each other.
the start of the game had an Otto/Burns interaction who made Allison easy TR both. After this message she felt the need to explain the read, which in my experience is wolfy behaviour because town doesn't give a damn on such explanations, not before they receive a question from someone else at least.
It felt weird back then, especially because i had the same thought as her for them being t/t, but that explanation post still bothers me.
Implies she knows who they are? :thinking:
And she knows they are villagers?
Allison Taylor wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm All the issues you have with each other look like personality/playstyle clashes more than anything. Otto is used to pushing people to sort them, and Burns thinks that's throwing shade. Otto sees Burns as being defensive, and Burns sees himself as expressing annoyance that he's being condescended to.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Homer Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 am Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:14 pm And Bart acting like I should be wasting time trying to clear Skinner by other means is just weird.
I didn't try to clear him, just happened to observe a thing who logically comes from town.

Why?

I have transparently shared my thoughts for three solid day phases, and gotten input feedback. At this point it is obvious that a lot of that feedback was intentionally misleading so I don't really need any more.

At the same time, my deep reading has yet to reveal anything new. In some cases that's because I was right all along. In some cases that must be because I am conf biasing to make the same bad clear on a wolf that I made before. In either case, updating you minute by minute that I still feel pretty much the same as I did at SoD seems sort of pointless.

In regards to Skinner...everything he has posted, just about anyway, comes after the uncontested tracker claim...so sure, that all "logically comes from town."
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Why?

I have transparently shared my thoughts for three solid day phases, and gotten input feedback. At this point it is obvious that a lot of that feedback was intentionally misleading so I don't really need any more.

At the same time, my deep reading has yet to reveal anything new. In some cases that's because I was right all along. In some cases that must be because I am conf biasing to make the same bad clear on a wolf that I made before. In either case, updating you minute by minute that I still feel pretty much the same as I did at SoD seems sort of pointless.

In regards to Skinner...everything he has posted, just about anyway, comes after the uncontested tracker claim...so sure, that all "logically comes from town."
in other words you didn't post in the thread to have the time to read the thread but you don't have new conclusions after reading?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Poll at the moment of this post wrote: Allison Taylor..........1 .......Principal Skinner
Grampa Simpson......1 .......Bart Simpson
The Grumple..........1.......Allison Taylor
Krusty the Clown.....2 .......Grampa Simpson, Otto Mann
Mr. Burns .............1.......Hugh Jass
Otto Mann............1.......Krusty the Clown
I think at least one wolf is wagoned and the silence reflects a state of waiting.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:37 pm
Poll at the moment of this post wrote: Allison Taylor..........1 .......Principal Skinner
I think at least one wolf is wagoned and the silence reflects a state of waiting.
Who do you think the wolf is?

ImageImageImage
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

I am seriously hoping the hilarity of this post is intentional.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Why?

in other words you didn't post in the thread to have the time to read the thread but you don't have new conclusions after reading?
Basically.

Have you come up with anything new?
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:19 pm
I've barely posted because I am deep reading whenever I have time instead of interacting. Is that what you call "controlling the narrative?" I'm not engaging much with this lot, because this lot is apparently full of wolves that I have been unable to detect through direct engagement so I am trying something else.

Everyone has barely posted. Is your re-reading not done yet?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:54 pm
i wish i know, i thought all game that you are not a wolf and i stilll have this impression, maybe i am wrong, idk, but i doubt, I also always liked Grumple, so the Gramps/Allison/Burns/Otto may contain all the wolves.
Because:
I am villager
Skinner is most probably a villager
Hugh's tone pocketed me, so he is another who returns to villa reads. and so the Poe is in the 4 i mentioned.

I could vote Allison to sheep mom, at least she is a confirmed villager who tried.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:02 pm
i am not offended if you proove i am idiot, expand this idea for me please :blush:
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:00 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Everyone has barely posted. Is your re-reading not done yet?
I'm reading again...but it feels futile...nothing is striking me as vastly different regarding the players who are alive...which sux since I know I have some things there terribly wrong. Once in a while something about a dead townie stands out with a "you should have known, so feel bad man, feel bad" flavor to it...but at the time it was just not that significant.

Then I check the current thread edge and see everyone has their pet tinfoil vote going and nobody seems to really know shit for shit about what to do here.

I was expecting some wolf to come at me with "Marge sussed you and you killed her" so I could thunderdome and if I ate the grenade at least you guys would have a wolf for F7, but it didn't happen.

I can't find anything better to do than support the Otto/Krusty thunderdome, and I'm not even sure I know which way to go with that.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Why?

Basically.

My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:35 pm
i am not offended if you proove i am idiot, expand this idea for me please :blush:
There were only three players NOT wagoned there and one is lock town Skinner...so yeah "I think at least one wolf is wagoned" was a pretty sure bet. I thought the irony was hilarious, whether intended or not.

And I don't think you're an idiot even if it wasn't intended...frustration really just creates humor sometimes.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:42 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm

Why?

Basically.

I wish I had one for you.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:46 pm I wish I had one for you.
don't let me down mister... repost your Poe, while doing so you may find that in the corner of your head you have a brilliant idea
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm
There were only three players NOT wagoned there and one is lock town Skinner...so yeah "I think at least one wolf is wagoned" was a pretty sure bet. I thought the irony was hilarious, whether intended or not.

And I don't think you're an idiot even if it wasn't intended...frustration really just creates humor sometimes.
I guess you were doing a thing i am not always wary about as villager, you counted who is alive, i had to look at the poll to notice what you said, but even then i didn't find anything hilarious :shrug:
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

I'm around sporadically until EOD, ping me if you need anything.
Hugh Jass
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Hugh Jass »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:33 pm
Krusty the Clown wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:54 pm
i wish i know, i thought all game that you are not a wolf and i stilll have this impression, maybe i am wrong, idk, but i doubt, I also always liked Grumple, so the Gramps/Allison/Burns/Otto may contain all the wolves.
Because:
I am villager
Skinner is most probably a villager
Hugh's tone pocketed me, so he is another who returns to villa reads. and so the Poe is in the 4 i mentioned.

I could vote Allison to sheep mom, at least she is a confirmed villager who tried.
What's your take on Krusty?
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Hugh Jass wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:57 pm What's your take on Krusty?
GTH villager
wait for me to Iso him a little
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:56 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm

I guess you were doing a thing i am not always wary about as villager, you counted who is alive, i had to look at the poll to notice what you said, but even then i didn't find anything hilarious :shrug:
I had just looked at the poll right before I saw your post...and when I looked at the poll my thought was "fuck we are voting for everybody." So when I saw "there's a wagon on a wolf" it was kind of automatic to think "no kidding captain obvious." No offense meant.

It was actually sort of dark humor, because that vote scattering kinda says we are pretty clueless here and it isn't just me.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

[VOTE: Otto Mann] aubergine

hugh what's your take on otto vs krusty?
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Bart Simpson wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:46 pm I wish I had one for you.
don't let me down mister... repost your Poe, while doing so you may find that in the corner of your head you have a brilliant idea
With EoD bearing down the closest thing to a brilliant idea I have is still that there is a wolf somewhere between Krusty and Otto.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:02 pm [VOTE: Otto Mann] aubergine

hugh what's your take on otto vs krusty?
Why Otto?

Return to “Previous Heists”