Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D6)

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:16 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:18 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm Again, here are punk chat's RBs throughout the game:
N1: Poison - order of votes goes TH, TL, me, then Quin
N2: TSP - Trustworthy tried voting for themself initially, but then the order of votes goes TH, me, TL, then a late vote from Quin
N3: TSP - This is the night Marmot redirected our RB to TSP. Before that, the order of votes went Quin (for Alison), TL (for nutella), me (for nutella)
N4: Alison - TL and I voted nearly simultaneously
N5: TSP - TL and I voted nearly simultaneously

There hasn't been any night kills beginning N3. To note, this happened the night proceeding the day phase punk chat entered the thread. Also to note, TSP apparently has a bulletproof vest.

One possibility that could explain the lack of night kills is that punk chat has been roleblocking the correct mafia for the last three nights. If this is the case, then the game is pretty straightforward -- it's TSP and Alison. However... I'm not that lucky, I think. There was some logic that went into the decisions, but like.... three times in a row? I'll be impressed with myself if this actually is the case.
Another possibility is that mafia has been choosing not to kill at all. One reason I can see this is a possibility is that there could be a wolf in the punk chat and they've been afraid to attack them... but then why didn't they go after the people that have been in the thread? Maybe it isn't confirmed to them where the lost wolf is if the is one. If there -isn't- a lost wolf, I have no clue why they would choose not to nightkill someone, especially last night when they could have reached parity today.
I think “wolves shoot at tsp hit vest wolves shoot at Alison / are Alison and run into jail / wolves shoot at Nutella and Nutella got doctored by the only potential TP role in the game (my nonlethal action)” isn’t entirely out of the realm of possibility
You were RBed last night, so it couldn't be YOUR action that saved anyone, TSP. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 pm @TL @Hyena I need recollections of what went down the night Alison was blocked in scumchat. You say that you both agreed and Quin dissented?
No, we yeeted Quin the day before we blocked Alison. So, we both voted together on Alison. The night Quin didn't vote with us was the night Marmot redirected our RB to you.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm For real though, does being jailkept protect you from attacks?
I mean it’s a mysterious world and Nanook won’t tell me exactly what my power does but you can’t target someone who’s locked up, so I think it’s JK esque?
In this case, the night you locked Alison up, you might have protected her from an attack. In this case, it could have been Nutella since I think TL is just VT outside of the punk chat stuff like me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:01 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 pm For real though, does being jailkept protect you from attacks?
I mean it’s a mysterious world and Nanook won’t tell me exactly what my power does but you can’t target someone who’s locked up, so I think it’s JK esque?
In this case, the night you locked Alison up, you might have protected her from an attack. In this case, it could have been Nutella since I think TL is just VT outside of the punk chat stuff like me.
Basically, if there was an attack, either you + me/TL stopped Alison from killing anyone, or Nutella attacked Alison and got blocked by your JK ability.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D5)

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 am Like I think Hyena is townie as shit as well but it's F5. We always say "X is lock town, never reevaluate until KiLo". Well it's KiLo now.
There hasn't been any nightkills though. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:53 pm I think in order of likelihood:
TL/Hyena (lost kill, probably)
TL/Alison (shot me double blocked kill, note TL argued against Alison block N5 apparently?)
Alison/Hyena
And then Nutella things
TL didn't outwardly argue against Alison, but he still insisted on voting to RB you when I told him that if you were mafia, you might have been trying to draw our RB to you so that your partner could freely make the kill.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:12 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:53 pm I think in order of likelihood:
TL/Hyena (lost kill, probably)
TL/Alison (shot me double blocked kill, note TL argued against Alison block N5 apparently?)
Alison/Hyena
And then Nutella things
TL didn't outwardly argue against Alison, but he still insisted on voting to RB you when I told him that if you were mafia, you might have been trying to draw our RB to you so that your partner could freely make the kill.
And I -did- eventually agree with TL when he brought up the TP claim stuff and that there was still a chance that he'd get attacked because of it.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:43 pm I’m still sort of feeling the “hyena/TL haven’t found each other” train. Or even TL is pretty sure but can’t say it just in case. And they don’t have a kill cause something
I'm town. :< It can't be the both of us.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm Again, here are punk chat's RBs throughout the game:
N2: TSP - Trustworthy tried voting for themself initially, but then the order of votes goes TH, me, TL, then a late vote from Quin
N3: TSP - This is the night Marmot redirected our RB to TSP. Before that, the order of votes went Quin (for Alison), TL (for nutella), me (for nutella)

There hasn't been any night kills beginning N3. To note, this happened the night proceeding the day phase punk chat entered the thread. Also to note, TSP apparently has a bulletproof vest.

One possibility that could explain the lack of night kills is that punk chat has been roleblocking the correct mafia for the last three nights. If this is the case, then the game is pretty straightforward -- it's TSP and Alison. However... I'm not that lucky, I think. There was some logic that went into the decisions, but like.... three times in a row? I'll be impressed with myself if this actually is the case.
Another possibility is that mafia has been choosing not to kill at all. One reason I can see this is a possibility is that there could be a wolf in the punk chat and they've been afraid to attack them... but then why didn't they go after the people that have been in the thread? Maybe it isn't confirmed to them where the lost wolf is if the is one. If there -isn't- a lost wolf, I have no clue why they would choose not to nightkill someone, especially last night when they could have reached parity today.
I think “wolves shoot at tsp hit vest wolves shoot at Alison / are Alison and run into jail / wolves shoot at Nutella and Nutella got doctored by the only potential TP role in the game (my nonlethal action)” isn’t entirely out of the realm of possibility
Actually, how could a night kill -ever- have been prevented by your "nonlethal action"? You were RBed both times there wasn't a nightkill when you locked someone up. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: It's a Mysterious Universe (D5)

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:05 am
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:02 am okay so what if it's hyena then.

hyena/tsp?? i'm still hesitant to think two mafia in punks so yeah i think this...makes sense
It could also be TSP/TL I think?

And I'm considering the possibility of two mafia in punks (who don't know each other are mafia) because that would be the sort of think nanook would laugh his ass off about, putting a lost wolf and a main wolf in the same private chat and watch them both try to seem town to each other.
By the way, this would have been hilarious to see. XD
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 664
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:59 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:02 pm @TL @Hyena I need recollections of what went down the night Alison was blocked in scumchat. You say that you both agreed and Quin dissented?
No, we yeeted Quin the day before we blocked Alison. So, we both voted together on Alison. The night Quin didn't vote with us was the night Marmot redirected our RB to you.
Check your timeline?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:21 pm

Actually, how could a night kill -ever- have been prevented by your "nonlethal action"? You were RBed both times there wasn't a nightkill when you locked someone up. o:
I’m considering the possibility that I wasn’t blocked last night, a likelihood if you think Alison has the protective role and you’re both wolves. Or if there’s something else going on that I don’t underdtand
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm One possibility that could explain the lack of night kills is that punk chat has been roleblocking the correct mafia for the last three nights. If this is the case, then the game is pretty straightforward -- it's TSP and Alison. However... I'm not that lucky, I think. There was some logic that went into the decisions, but like.... three times in a row? I'll be impressed with myself if this actually is the case.
That's not possible - you blocked TSP, Alison, TSP. No kill on all three nights. That means that at least one kill was stopped by means other than a roleblock, since you roleblocked two different people. Even if eg. TSP is the kill carrying mafia and you roleblocked him twice, it doesn't explain why there was no kill the night I was blocked. Mechanically speaking there has to be at least one kill that was stopped by something that wasn't a roleblock.

After full claims, nobody has claimed to be a doctor. That means that the only things capable of stopping a kill other than the punk chat roleblock, that we know of, are TSP's jailkeeper ability or a holster bluff. So there was at least one kill blocked by TSP or at least one holster.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm After full claims, nobody has claimed to be a doctor. That means that the only things capable of stopping a kill other than the punk chat roleblock, that we know of, are TSP's jailkeeper ability or a holster bluff. So there was at least one kill blocked by TSP or at least one holster.
And tsp bulletproof and outside chance of like "lost wolf can't be shot" things as well
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm After full claims, nobody has claimed to be a doctor. That means that the only things capable of stopping a kill other than the punk chat roleblock, that we know of, are TSP's jailkeeper ability or a holster bluff. So there was at least one kill blocked by TSP or at least one holster.
And tsp bulletproof and outside chance of like "lost wolf can't be shot" things as well
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. I don't ever recall playing with "lost wolf is bulletproof" style mechanics, but I guess it makes sense to add into the game so mafia don't kill one of their own.
Alison

Post by Alison »

So basically what we know is that the kills were probably stopped, by something or other, unless they weren't. An excellent start.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

And like "wolves have no kill" which is a thing that's at least been floated since kills apparently don't happen anymore
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:19 pm
Check your timeline?
Wait, your right. It was Marmot who got yeeted the day phase preceeding that night phase. I don't see a vote from Quin though anywhere. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:53 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:19 pm
Check your timeline?
Wait, your right. It was Marmot who got yeeted the day phase preceeding that night phase. I don't see a vote from Quin though anywhere. o:
you're** rather
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So you both agreed to block Alison?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:18 pm Another possibility is that mafia has been choosing not to kill at all. One reason I can see this is a possibility is that there could be a wolf in the punk chat and they've been afraid to attack them... but then why didn't they go after the people that have been in the thread? Maybe it isn't confirmed to them where the lost wolf is if the is one. If there -isn't- a lost wolf, I have no clue why they would choose not to nightkill someone, especially last night when they could have reached parity today.
Yeah I considered the holster bluff possibilities. There are two main uses for a holster bluff in this scenario. Firstly, if mafia believe in the possibility of a doctor protecting them and want to get fake cleared off there being no kill on a night they got protected. (On previous nights, not the night where a successful kill would give them auto, obviously.) This is less likely because from town's point of view the kill could have been stopped by a punk roleblock as well. One way the wolves could be incentivized to make this play is if they were a member of punk chat and knew that the roleblock was going on someone they wanted to frame. That way they can come in the next day pushing the idea that either they were healed (and are towncleared) or the person they roleblocked was stopped from making the kill (and therefore outed wolf). Both narratives are helpful to them. The other main use of a holster bluff is if the main wolf is unsure who the lost wolf is and doesn't want to shoot them by accident.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:21 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:21 pm

I’m considering the possibility that I wasn’t blocked last night, a likelihood if you think Alison has the protective role and you’re both wolves. Or if there’s something else going on that I don’t underdtand
Oh my god, I think I know what you're trying to suggest with me+Alison. That would be so hilariously bastard if mafia does have access to a protective role and they're just targeting the same person. XD
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:54 pm So you both agreed to block Alison?
Yes, TL and I both agreed to block Alison.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If wolves are holstering they're probably either in a very bad situation or a very good one
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

that 'you' means hyena and tl but okay another possibility wolves have a protective role and keep saving the nightkill target
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:20 pm

The last idea that I had (and the most tinfoil-y) is that... maybe mafia has not been ABLE to make nightkills since punk chat came into the thread. Maybe us entering the thread took away their ability to do so. The reason why this came to mind is that the nightkills stopped the moment we entered the thread, which made me think we triggered something.
Hmmm
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

in which case
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:43 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:15 pm One possibility that could explain the lack of night kills is that punk chat has been roleblocking the correct mafia for the last three nights. If this is the case, then the game is pretty straightforward -- it's TSP and Alison. However... I'm not that lucky, I think. There was some logic that went into the decisions, but like.... three times in a row? I'll be impressed with myself if this actually is the case.
That's not possible - you blocked TSP, Alison, TSP. No kill on all three nights.
What? It's possible if you're just main wolves together we happened to choose the correct targets each night. Again though, I doubt I'm THAT lucky? If it did happen though, that's why I said that it would probably be you and TSP.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

wow
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm that 'you' means hyena and tl but okay another possibility wolves have a protective role and keep saving the nightkill target
Do you think one of the wolves would be a lost wolf, or would both wolves be together? Because, like, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to pull this off without some heavy coordination.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think that theory about mafia losing their NK makes sense though, game balance wise. In that universe, town would have a suicide bomber, an investigative, some inventor that gives notes, a neighbourhood with a roleblock, and a dayvig, and scum get... their nightkills stripped away after D2 and a lost wolf?

The only world in which that is even remotely balanced PR wise is if nutella is scum and the dayvig is supposed to compensate for the lack of nightkill, but Occam's Razor is that this theory just isn't true.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, I gotta go eat dinner. I'll be back in a bit!
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:59 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm that 'you' means hyena and tl but okay another possibility wolves have a protective role and keep saving the nightkill target
Do you think one of the wolves would be a lost wolf, or would both wolves be together? Because, like, I find it hard to believe they'd be able to pull this off without some heavy coordination.
I find it rather hard to believe that the wolves have been coordinating anything, given that the game is still going.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:59 pm I don't think that theory about mafia losing their NK makes sense though, game balance wise. In that universe, town would have a suicide bomber, an investigative, some inventor that gives notes, a neighbourhood with a roleblock, and a dayvig, and scum get... their nightkills stripped away after D2 and a lost wolf?

The only world in which that is even remotely balanced PR wise is if nutella is scum and the dayvig is supposed to compensate for the lack of nightkill, but Occam's Razor is that this theory just isn't true.
We never found the inventor, I'm actually guessing they're a scum role (which would mean one of the VT claims is scum by nature).
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But yeah I get your meaning. Could just be a mechanical snafu
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:28 pm Okay, there’s one team that doesn’t require there to still be a lost wolf: Nutella/Alison. Every other team I think requires someone to be very lost, and that opens up the possibilities.
I don't think that team makes any sense since it would require us both to immediately bury Vulgard one second after nutella dayvigs LC. That might be within my scum range but I don't think it's within nutella's to bus that hard and without hestiation.
Alison

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:01 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:59 pm I don't think that theory about mafia losing their NK makes sense though, game balance wise. In that universe, town would have a suicide bomber, an investigative, some inventor that gives notes, a neighbourhood with a roleblock, and a dayvig, and scum get... their nightkills stripped away after D2 and a lost wolf?

We never found the inventor, I'm actually guessing they're a scum role (which would mean one of the VT claims is scum by nature).
I thought Enrique was the inventor?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Actually do we even believe that nanook hosts a role madness game, warns people that it could be bastard, and then adds 5 basically-VTs to a neighbourhood and gives that neighbourhood a collective roleblock and calls it quits

This is a bit of a host read but knowing nanook and the flavor of his game (mystery, unknowns, craziness everywhere) that seems a little too plain to be likely.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:01 pm

I thought Enrique was the inventor?
Enrique apparently invented multiple things and then died and kept going then
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 207

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:04 pm Actually do we even believe that nanook hosts a role madness game, warns people that it could be bastard, and then adds 5 basically-VTs to a neighbourhood and gives that neighbourhood a collective roleblock and calls it quits

This is a bit of a host read but knowing nanook and the flavor of his game (mystery, unknowns, craziness everywhere) that seems a little too plain to be likely.
Am just a VT and my motivation is very low right now prebing stuff for a hang out tonight.
I don't think its ever hyena here right now but want them to clarifiy if they are claiming VT as well.

I currently think a TSP/Alison world unless Nutella is exactly a Lost Wolf.

Thats all i got i gave my notes and ideas already.
Spoiler: show
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Alison

Post by Alison »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:04 pm Actually do we even believe that nanook hosts a role madness game, warns people that it could be bastard, and then adds 5 basically-VTs to a neighbourhood and gives that neighbourhood a collective roleblock and calls it quits

Am just a VT and my motivation is very low right now prebing stuff for a hang out tonight.
I don't think its ever hyena here right now but want them to clarifiy if they are claiming VT as well.

Why are you clearing Hyena for no reason

There's no actual mech reason to clear her and you seem incredibly sure she's not mafia

which means either you have TMI or this is a pocket attempt
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:10 pm
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:09 pm

Why are you clearing Hyena for no reason

There's no actual mech reason to clear her and you seem incredibly sure she's not mafia

which means either you have TMI or this is a pocket attempt
Cause of reads thier motivation was the highest during the entiridy of the neibourhood and how they treated this last night was not like a wolf.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison i know you don't know my style but i will die hard for a read i have its just who i am.
Alison

Post by Alison »

The problem is that you came in this thread trying to clear Hyena for mechanical reasons and now that those mechanical reasons have shown to be unsound you're going "ok sure but Hyena was still super townie in punk chat you had to be there trust me". It's like you came in with the narrative/idea that you were going to try to lock yourself on Hyena town and are just shifting to justify that stance once new information comes in.

And you are talking to me like you know I'm town, not someone you're 99% sure is a wolf.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:13 pm The problem is that you came in this thread trying to clear Hyena for mechanical reasons and now that those mechanical reasons have shown to be unsound you're going "ok sure but Hyena was still super townie in punk chat you had to be there trust me". It's like you came in with the narrative/idea that you were going to try to lock yourself on Hyena town and are just shifting to justify that stance once new information comes in.

And you are talking to me like you know I'm town, not someone you're 99% sure is a wolf.
I never said mech proved i have been saying how they are acting is never a wolf in thread and in neibourhood.
Alison

Post by Alison »

At the start of the day you came into the thread saying that nobody in punk chat can be a wolf or they would have shot me.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

I talk to everyone like they are town its easier that way its gets to hostile if everyone just yells at each other as wolfs not fun.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:15 pm At the start of the day you came into the thread saying that nobody in punk chat can be a wolf or they would have shot me.
Cause on the assumption you were TP a kill on you wins the game so in a world you were town you would have been killed if hyena could as i had claimed VT during the night to them.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm
That's not possible - you blocked TSP, Alison, TSP. No kill on all three nights.
What? It's possible if you're just main wolves together we happened to choose the correct targets each night. Again though, I doubt I'm THAT lucky? If it did happen though, that's why I said that it would probably be you and TSP.
Also this theory doesn't work because TSP wouldn't have locked me up the other day. If we were main wolves and knew who each other was he'd have locked up nutella so we could control the town.

And if TSP and I are 1 lost 1 main then only one of us carries the nightkill so someone would have gotten the nightkill through since both of us had nights we were unblocked and no kill happened.

Which makes TSP/Alison team basically impossible unless you're arguing that TSP/Alison is 1 lost 1 main and the one carrying the nightkill holster bluffed on the night they weren't blocked.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Alison wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:57 pm
Also this theory doesn't work because TSP wouldn't have locked me up the other day. If we were main wolves and knew who each other was he'd have locked up nutella so we could control the town.

And if TSP and I are 1 lost 1 main then only one of us carries the nightkill so someone would have gotten the nightkill through since both of us had nights we were unblocked and no kill happened.

Which makes TSP/Alison team basically impossible unless you're arguing that TSP/Alison is 1 lost 1 main and the one carrying the nightkill holster bluffed on the night they weren't blocked.
Unless you being locked up was how TSP joins the wolf chat. :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Jobs”