Shadow Corridors Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 191

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:55 am Also while I have CDCers here I'm pleased to announce that I'm moving to Canada for college in January and have decided to take up watching hockey to smooth my integration into the country, does anyone have any tips for how to get started?
Learn the basic rules, so you understand how offsides, icing, penalties, etc work. Then go watch some games with some friends, or even by yourself, I've done that plenty of times. Big screens really help, as it's a very fast game.

It also may help if you pick a team to cheer for, I hear the Canucks are a pretty swell team :workit:
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 341

Post by Thundercat »

tutuu wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:00 am i disagree with the jailer plan as of right now, i thought about it but

let's say jailor jails scum. the scum will just claim a non-verifiable town pr. obviously. wtf is the jailer supposed to do? assuming they have the same info as we do, they will just let them go. and if they were so obviously scummy that they needed to die anyway regardless of their claim, why not just yeet them?

and the difference between that and regular yeet is that this scummy mafia can again claim a non-verifiable town pr during eod, but at least the real town pr is given the option to cc, or, they would know that that person is mafia, which can account for their night actions whereas with the jailor everything is completely hidden from the town

maybe jailor could be used for late game when the game gets more open/solved but i think its anti-town to no-yeet for now, in the early game

Except the jailor doesn't care who they target right? They just need to meet their win con?
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:15 am Im pretty convinced its just optimal to no lynch and let the jailer do the stuff tbh
Then the game would go on for at least 50 days and be quite boring.

Real counterpoints: If the jailer decides whether or not to kill, we're not killing every day and the mafia are killing every night, that gives us a disadvantage. If we recommend who the jailer kills and the jailer always kills that person, that's identical to just having an elim.
ImageImage
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 148

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 1] - Encroaching Darkness

Post by Grand Scheme »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:03 am
Grand Scheme wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:29 am
sabie12 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:26 am
Grand Scheme wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:18 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 am nice

so Nutella is basically 100% locktown, Alison very likely town as well. LC might have been openwolfing with that EoD, but I genuinely can't decide if he would be that obviously trying to save his partner as scum.
No, I'm just that lame. I'm far more likely to bus if he's my teammate, not that very regrettable crap.
I don't think I have ever read jack right in any games I play with him.
I believed he was 3rd party.
I thought if he was 3p then he shouldn't live since that's basically a free kill on non-town, and that he was 3p at best (maybe 3p or mafia, but not town).
I'd rather chop Mafia than third-party. Town friendly 3rd party roles can be amazing.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

hey guys, just woke up, gonna be periodically reading up between going out and procrastinating

i liked sabie's response to my vote on her
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:54 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:54 am
Alison wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:46 am What do you mean by perfect wolf cover?
Well, you guys have a new group of players in this game.
Our numbers are smaller than yours.
When falc and I start railing NIK and make him a viable wagon, it's the perfect opportunity for syndiwolves to take advantage of what could be seen as an easy mischop. They all get solid deniability by just saying "these guys who know him pushed the wagon, and he did look scummy".

Thats what I meant.
Take a look at Jacks & NIKs interaction, I think we just had 2 wolves
Very possible.
I figured NIK would be coming hot last night/this morning to prove himself.
Well that obviously hasn't happened.

[VOTE: NIK] aubergine
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

[VOTE: polypies73] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 2] Rolling in the Deep

Post by sprityo »

fixed the day title
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

NIK is a very possible wolf considering the maf don't have each other's identities

ordinarily i wouldn't think w/w wagons could get to 10-9
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NIK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:41 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:22 am
NIK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:57 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:47 am Haven't had good feeling on Sabie and sig. Seeing them on the NIK wagon gives me pause.

Cornered scum NIK usually just ghosts or lock votes on me and then ghosts.
I've been giving him leash and he's yet to sulk or act like a huge baby. Pair that with two scum leans voting for him. I dunno.

NIK, if you're town don't bitch out and sulk or some shit. Having a hard time taking my vote off you, but not a fan of a couple on your wagon.

Reads bitch, within the next two hours. Failure to do so will result in everything being your fault no matter how you flip.
But i was looking forward to it being your fault.
:nicenod:
So have you caught up yet? I want your reads no matter how ridiculous or skim read they are.
You've gotta have something by now.
Anything
Fine FFs.
Jack. i might have missed something but his play as of when i have been paying attention isnt really all that scummy Correct me if i missed something
Tutu or whoever your tunnel target early was. She reminded me alot of me in some of my early games with her responses..i dont know her well enough but It could be caught scum or maybe she/he can get like that no matter of alliance. I find it interesting that at that time was her most active time...since then has kinda dropped off
Kza. Like i sad earlier his play isnt playfull enough yet for me. Hes playing and acting towny but he usually is alot more freeflowing...maybe hes just alot more serious in this new world
Falcon probably town but i dont trust him completely especially around new people. I also think tonight hes been too aggressive almost fakey aggressive
BK- null but hes playing weird once again new digs
Poison scum lean One of the most active early players but could only talk fluff (im a hypocrite i know) or talk tulu
McDougall null but kinda suspect keep pushing his dislike for the cdc trust and also early made a big list of his reads then mid game said how he didnt have much confidence or some shit with where the games at and his reads. When i isoed him i was suspect
Allison- after whatever it is she dropped its hard to imagine her not being town ill be impressed if shes anything but

Grand scheme town
Emoji guy- possibly dm
Thunal guy town from what i remember
SSF/LL probably town but like falcon i think you could ve capable of your best game with all these new hoes around. Liked your early play on tutu or whoever and how you went about it. Suprised you've since backed off as hard as you did....thats one thing you usually don't do.

any other players specifically you or others want an opinion on ill iso
I think NIK's lack of opinions throughout the game is unusual. This was the first time he gave any takes (when he was prompted to give takes) and a lot of these takes are hedgy like the ones on Tutuu, Kza, and Mac. It feels like NIK doesn't want to commit to any positions. I dislike how a lot of the townreads leave room for NIK to suspect them later on, like with Falcon.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Also I dislike how many of NIK's takes are meta based. Imo meta reads are among the easiest to fake as scum, and suspecting people NIK knows for being different when they're in a different environment can easily have an agenda behind it.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Master Radishes »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:26 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:37 am Mouser bad.
Obviously scum jumping on scum jack in the middle of the wagon.
Total scum move.
If you think being in the middle of the wagon looks towny, then what do you think of Master Radishes?
Sexy af
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:19 am Mech solve sucks. Let's play Mafia.
I'm with you. Who's your top 3 scum, and who's your top 3 town?
I've yet to properly sit down and sort my head out. I'm still in the 'vague impressions' stage.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Kylemii »

Thundercat wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:37 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:05 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:56 am
Thundercat wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:26 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:00 pm So here are my relevant reads:

1. 112 is my top town. Polypies seems town.
2. Alison and Nutella are town but they've completely jumped the shark as players.
3. Tutuu is probably but might not be town and same with Poison. The fact that the majority of the game has been played through reading Tutuu who has been entirely NAI from my perspective meant I just wasted nearly 2 hours of my life catching up for no reason. Poison is actually probably just town too tbh.
4. The CDC clique being given a bunched town clear is the dumbest shit I have ever heard on maths alone let alone that there are actually players within that group that are scummy and some are town.
5. Falcon and Flanders are loltown.
6. KZA, NIK, Made, Sig, Martin all have pretty high equity to be mafia.
7. Anyone pretending to have near to lock reads here has mafia equity.
8. Sloonei is a 3p.
9. Kylemii is my top mafia.
interesting. can you expand on this
this one is also probably a sloo teammate
Wait did he really ask you to expand on point 8 but not point 9?
MacDougall has suspected me in every game we've played in together in the last 10 years, so I wasn't interested in clarification on that point.
not to mention he posted that list immediately following the joke read list I made before reading the thread.
Are you two giving me the runaround now? I don't like this.
I don't know what this means.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:15 am Im pretty convinced its just optimal to no lynch and let the jailer do the stuff tbh
There's a caveat to this though

we don't see flips from night kills afaik

Also this could be very bad if one of the mafia are capable of being a jailor; the Sloonei Mafia Templar was capable of BTSC with anyone with their abilities and so could act as if they were jailor but just never executed someone or etc etc

Also the jailor could get shot at night, we no-lynch the next day without even knowing the jailor died
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm Finally, this is a Semi-Open Setup with role reveals on lynches and day kills unless otherwise prevented. Night kills will be no reveals unless changed.
(Made text in red since I don't think people saw me bring this up last time)

Personally I'm against the idea of no-lynches because I feel like it would be riskier for town, especially since a lot of town abilities are single-use.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Chuck »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:35 am Funny how neither Jack or Nik have voted despite being run up. That's because they're both mafia you see.

112 is maybe not mafia but like maybe they are.

This has been a PSA.
See I even said this before.
Ooh. THIS
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:36 am A lot of people are assuming mafia know each other while analyzing wagons but we don't know that. That's part of why I think Sabie isn't a great vote, she has a null ISO and her NIK vote isn't necessarily AI. I also feel like she has decent justification for her vote on NIK. With the amount of protectives and unknown kill mechanics I don't think an RB means much of anything.
Honestly this has been the exact same way I've been feeling about Sabie.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Also jumping on the NIK train.

[VOTE: NIK] aubergine
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:05 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:36 am A lot of people are assuming mafia know each other while analyzing wagons but we don't know that. That's part of why I think Sabie isn't a great vote, she has a null ISO and her NIK vote isn't necessarily AI. I also feel like she has decent justification for her vote on NIK. With the amount of protectives and unknown kill mechanics I don't think an RB means much of anything.
Honestly this has been the exact same way I've been feeling about Sabie.
To add onto this about the RB discussion:
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm -Anyone on the mafia team may perform the Nightly Mafia Kill.
I would doubt that the mafia, if they're getting widely scum-read, would not say anything about being scum-read because if they did the nightly mafia kill then that leaves the mafia NK more open to RB potential.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 797
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm ~okay with the jailer thing but would prob rather do a normal elimination. Especially if martin is right that we wouldn't get a flip from jailing that would be bleh.

Cooling off a little on sabie but still don't find townieness in any of her posts tbh.

[VOTE: polypies] aubergine

Y'all are prob right on Nik being the best choice but I wanna feel this vote out.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Chuck wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:35 am Funny how neither Jack or Nik have voted despite being run up. That's because they're both mafia you see.

This has been a PSA.
Ooh. THIS
Thank you chuck very cool.

......like actually what the fuck
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh yeah also radish is still probably just mafia lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:56 pm
There's a caveat to this though

we don't see flips from night kills afaik

Also this could be very bad if one of the mafia are capable of being a jailor; the Sloonei Mafia Templar was capable of BTSC with anyone with their abilities and so could act as if they were jailor but just never executed someone or etc etc

Also the jailor could get shot at night, we no-lynch the next day without even knowing the jailor died
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm Finally, this is a Semi-Open Setup with role reveals on lynches and day kills unless otherwise prevented. Night kills will be no reveals unless changed.
(Made text in red since I don't think people saw me bring this up last time)

Personally I'm against the idea of no-lynches because I feel like it would be riskier for town, especially since a lot of town abilities are single-use.
That's a good point, I forgot about the no flips for night kills.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:39 pm Oh yeah also radish is still probably just mafia lol.
No.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I've not yet reached my final form.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:37 pm
Chuck wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:59 pm

This has been a PSA.
Ooh. THIS
Thank you chuck very cool.

......like actually what the fuck
I just realized Chuck voted NIK

so that was probably their vote post right there

I generally find sheeping null-ish past D1

Buuut if they did just became aware of this game during N1/SoD2

Then I'm inclined to believe this may be the sort of reckless sheeping that mafia would probably want to avoid (as this can tie their vote and actions with town players)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:54 pm I've not yet reached my final form.
A quick pickling should remedy that. :shifty:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

That bad huh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

MR super low energy

is he having a tough time getting back into form since champs, or is he maf/3p?
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm MR super low energy

I have 7 fewer posts than you.
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:56 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:54 pm I've not yet reached my final form.
A quick pickling should remedy that. :shifty:
:ninja:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Yeah, but who used the most !!! marks? We all now that's the real Red Bull indicator
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

yeah but i'm always low energy now
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

I don't like the quick 'throw the accusation on the accuser' from MR there.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

and i wasn't just going for post count when i said you're low energy, i'm talking about the amount of thought/effort going into each individual post
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

like, the 'I have 7 fewer posts than you' post is exactly what I'm talking about. Lazy stuff.
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Outside Champs, so am I.
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm I don't like the quick 'throw the accusation on the accuser' from MR there.
I...didn't accuse you. I just found it funny.
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:07 pm and i wasn't just going for post count when i said you're low energy, i'm talking about the amount of thought/effort going into each individual post
I mean...this still applies to you as much as to me.

112 pls. Lemme alone.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:10 pm
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Outside Champs, so am I.
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:05 pm I don't like the quick 'throw the accusation on the accuser' from MR there.
I...didn't accuse you. I just found it funny.
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:07 pm and i wasn't just going for post count when i said you're low energy, i'm talking about the amount of thought/effort going into each individual post
I mean...this still applies to you as much as to me.

112 pls. Lemme alone.
ok MR town

lock and seal it
Master Radishes
Hitman

tyvm

let's work together now
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:38 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:19 am Mech solve sucks. Let's play Mafia.
I'm with you. Who's your top 3 scum, and who's your top 3 town?
I've yet to properly sit down and sort my head out. I'm still in the 'vague impressions' stage.
Anxiously awaiting your 'ponderous proclivities' stage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Ponderous proclivities:

Falc and Flanders are town for meta reasons. Kaz too probably, though I think he's gone a bit quiet so far D2 so maybe he slips down a bit.

Nutella is town because she's getting little bites and gnawing at them, but without overdoing it or anything.

Mac is town because he insisted he'd slank and then couldn't help himself and is throwing around reads like he's super confident when he obviously is just throwing shit at a wall.

Alison is probably town, but I reserve a bit of hesitation because I've not seen anything that locks that in for me.

I just sort of like the sound of Made and Martin. I don't know why. They seem comfortable. These are vague impressions but ones I feel better about than others.

I don't think there's anyone else I feel ready to place firmly above the line. Some are pure null, others I could create a reasonable narrative where they're mafia if I wanted to.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Hmm. I don't have a read on Thunal. I feel like I should. She's posted a lot.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

112 town
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

you forgot that one
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm112 town
Maybe. I think 112 still fits under the "I could create a reasonable narrative" section of my reads mush.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 528

Post by MacDougall »

112 out here pretending like they're not 3p is cute tbh
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:01 pm
112 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:59 pm112 town
Maybe. I think 112 still fits under the "I could create a reasonable narrative" section of my reads mush.
112 championed the sloonjack yeet.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:55 pm Some are pure null, others I could create a reasonable narrative where they're mafia if I wanted to.

is this twtbw :keys:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:02 pm 112 out here pretending like they're not 3p is cute tbh
i know you are but what am i?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

mac definitely loltown

Return to “Previous Jobs”