GAME 2 - 8-Ball Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is still taking their sweet time to do anything?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:55 pm

dunya
50%
Epignosis
17%
Marmot
No votes
nutella
No votes
George R. R. Martin (host/dead/np)
33%
I'd like to join the spec chat
No votes

Total votes: 6
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: GAME 2 - 8-Ball Mafia [Day 1]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 am [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Dunya i just skimmed over your iso again and i didnt see you saying anything to and about marmot, did i miss it?
no

i just have no reason to townread marmot and psinightmare, everyone else has given me *some* reason.

like nanook is lock town, never rescind.

epi and nutella are a coin flip. i would be very surprised if they were w/w and our jokey day 0 nutella to epi messages will go up in the hall of fame imo.
Pocketed
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by dunya »

excellent.

stay there, nice and warm and safe.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 236

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:57 am but you're still my little spoon

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:07 amwhy *should* you have a better read on me?
Because you've said more Things than some other players and other people have specific reads on you, so it feels weird to not have a real read on you.

My brain is still doing the wait no thing about you btw.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 am [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Dunya i just skimmed over your iso again and i didnt see you saying anything to and about marmot, did i miss it?
no

i just have no reason to townread marmot and psinightmare, everyone else has given me *some* reason.

like nanook is lock town, never rescind.

epi and nutella are a coin flip. i would be very surprised if they were w/w and our jokey day 0 nutella to epi messages will go up in the hall of fame imo.
I don't like the way you're treating marmot and psi tbh and it makes me feel even more like you're mafia because they were probably perceived as easier targets for the mafia to select for the push hoping you could fall back on them just not being towny enough. I also recall some wifom about that with psi specifically during n0 which shouldn't have happened.

And idk why you don't think psi's thoughts dump was at least a little bit towny, I've played with her once before and she writes long posts just as her style and I thought her takes were organic and genuine.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:46 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:13 pm I think nutella knows damn well dunya isn't going to get lynched Day 1, and that hesitation looks phony. [VOTE: dunya] aubergine
I think this post is amazing if epi is wolf, he seems truthful im his conviction that theres no way dunya could be yeeted d1 and yet he votes her right after, and the way he pieced it together with nutella being w/w with dunya. It didnt immediately jump to me as towny but now that i think about it this is extremely towny imo
I think he can be wolf but not with dunya and I think dunya is very likely wolf here.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Moving Nanook and Esooa up to tentative tr because nothing's really pinging me there. Also moving Epi up to at least null bc his ISO gives me no reason to have a sr on him

POE is just Dunya, Marmot, and Nutella I guess, I likely won't vote outside of that pool unless something changes.

Killing a townie and there being a NK D1/N1 is not a terrible outcome tbh

Like obviously we want to kill mafia and not have a NK, but it’s like the third option
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:57 pm And idk why you don't think psi's thoughts dump was at least a little bit towny, I've played with her once before and she writes long posts just as her style and I thought her takes were organic and genuine.
because i got 0 out of it? it's hedgy and nonconclusive for someone who loves to avoid fluff and get down to mafiaing and give readlists. was weak.

her poe now is also bad. i know why i have nanook out of my poe, for example, but why wouldn't her poe include nanook? bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

the nature of this game is making me think in convoluted wifomy ways about how to approach it but maybe im overthinking it

but like.... i don't think dunya is likely to have been the mafia's n0 target, and I suspect her, and she's pushing people who seem too easy, so it seems optimal to go for her today

and I have one or two people I think could be her teammate but I think I'm going to keep quiet about who those suspects are today because if I'm wrong the mafia will just choose them next
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:57 pm And idk why you don't think psi's thoughts dump was at least a little bit towny, I've played with her once before and she writes long posts just as her style and I thought her takes were organic and genuine.
because i got 0 out of it? it's hedgy and nonconclusive for someone who loves to avoid fluff and get down to mafiaing and give readlists. was weak.

her poe now is also bad. i know why i have nanook out of my poe, for example, but why wouldn't her poe include nanook? bad.
okay but those are just playstyle things and not a reason to think someone in this specific setup under these specific circumstances is mafia

you're mafia looking for a weak reason to push someone, not town trying to look for how mafia would actually approach this day
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:12 am All right, looks like we're starting to get to the game-solve-y part now, so I guess I'll try and give some hot takes.

As much as I want Tutuu to be scum (I just can't stand when things are unbalanced...she's been town too many times in a row my brain needs to even it out) I think she's probably just town here. Her thinking-aloud posts show a townie hesitation and thought process, wanting to get things right. I could still be wrong here but that's my thinking.

For some reason I want to scumread Epignosis? That's just a gut instinct though and I have a feeling they have the kind of playstyle I just auto-scumread and have to force myself to reevaluate.

I feel like I should have a better read on Dunya but every time I pick a read my mind goes wait no and I'm back to square one. So idk there

Nutella reads slightly scummy but I have no reasoning there

I want to go hmmm at Nanook and Esooa for what seems like purposely avoiding game-related discussion but I can't really blame them when there isn't anything there. They're also just probably the type to do that so meh

Marmot is meh and that's all I've got

This is more of a random-thoughts list than a readlist, and I'm sorry it isn't very helpful. This is the only way I'm going to start solving though so I gotta start somewhere

Anyways, goin' to bed now see you tomorrow

this is supposed to have me locktown psi? it reads like scum can't come up with good reasons to scumread anyone tbh.

i don't know what changed from that readlist to remove epi from her poe either.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:14 pm the nature of this game is making me think in convoluted wifomy ways about how to approach it but maybe im overthinking it

but like.... i don't think dunya is likely to have been the mafia's n0 target, and I suspect her, and she's pushing people who seem too easy, so it seems optimal to go for her today

and I have one or two people I think could be her teammate but I think I'm going to keep quiet about who those suspects are today because if I'm wrong the mafia will just choose them next
omg if you're town can you just not fucking tunnel me from day 1 for 1 game in our lives please. holy shit.

if you're mafia and trying to do that reverse thing you do so i town read you, it's not gonna work. i'm just gonna throw a fit this time so you REASSESS
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like there's a much deeper metagame here and I think it's possible mafia chose their first target imagining some more standard d1 but this is not a normal mafia game and shouldn't be approached as such. players who are often towncored early such as myself and tutuu are unlikely to have been the mafia's choice because we're very unlikely to get d1ed
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

idc about the whole "let's not yeet someone the mafia pick"

they could very well pick each other. who the fuck cares. i'm going to push whoever i think is suspect end of.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:17 pm i don't know what changed from that readlist to remove epi from her poe either.
I read his ISO
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:17 pm this is supposed to have me locktown psi?

no what the fuck

it's supposed to give you at least a little something more than "oh that person hasnt posted anything towny"

you are painting a narrative that's not gonna work, sorry
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 pm you're mafia looking for a weak reason to push someone, not town trying to look for how mafia would actually approach this day
i feel like you're really overthinking the setup
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:14 pm the nature of this game is making me think in convoluted wifomy ways about how to approach it but maybe im overthinking it

omg if you're town can you just not fucking tunnel me from day 1 for 1 game in our lives please. holy shit.

if you're mafia and trying to do that reverse thing you do so i town read you, it's not gonna work. i'm just gonna throw a fit this time so you REASSESS
no
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 pm idc about the whole "let's not yeet someone the mafia pick"

they could very well pick each other. who the fuck cares. i'm going to push whoever i think is suspect end of.
this is just terrible. come on
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

the entire fucking point of playing this game is the unique approach and how we can actually think about how to solve who's mafia based on the pushes rather than lame shit like "oh that person made a hedgy post lol"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:20 pm it's supposed to give you at least a little something more than "oh that person hasnt posted anything towny"
no, because i specifically explained WHY that post makes me feel she's mafia, more than once even, so get another narrative that you're pushing at me.

that post does not make me feel she did townie things. it makes me feel like mafia trying to do townie things.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:20 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 pm you're mafia looking for a weak reason to push someone, not town trying to look for how mafia would actually approach this day
i think i'm appropriately thinking about it and taking it into consideration for how i find mafia. that's the point.

you are mafia who thought you could rely on traditional approaches to yeet lhf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:21 pm the entire fucking point of playing this game is the unique approach and how we can actually think about how to solve who's mafia based on the pushes rather than lame shit like "oh that person made a hedgy post lol"
:(

bye
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:23 pm
i think i'm appropriately thinking about it and taking it into consideration for how i find mafia. that's the point.

"let's not yeet who we find most scummy, but instead do mind gymnastics and account for wiofm and rand to account for who the mafia couldn't have picked today and yeet between them even tho they could have just picked each other every night..."
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm her poe now is also bad. i know why i have nanook out of my poe, for example, but why wouldn't her poe include nanook? bad.
Let's just say if Nanook is mafia I'm saving him for later. Like my POE is for today only, if we solve everybody there and need to take a look somebody else Nanook will be in that pool. I have no real reason to push him atm.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

yeah sorry, i will never play mafia in any setup like that at all.

i have suspects. idgaf if yeeting mafia means they get a kill.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

It's really hard to focus on posting my thoughts when you two are arguing so much tbh
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:17 pm i don't know what changed from that readlist to remove epi from her poe either.
I read his ISO
hmm but he didn't post anything new from when you posted your reads
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:21 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 pm idc about the whole "let's not yeet someone the mafia pick"

like how is this terrible? i need 4 people to say it's terrible to push your suspects for me to stop playing this game and follow the herd.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:25 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:13 pm her poe now is also bad. i know why i have nanook out of my poe, for example, but why wouldn't her poe include nanook? bad.
Let's just say if Nanook is mafia I'm saving him for later. Like my POE is for today only, if we solve everybody there and need to take a look somebody else Nanook will be in that pool. I have no real reason to push him atm.
why are those three your pool for today then?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:24 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:23 pm

"let's not yeet who we find most scummy, but instead do mind gymnastics and account for wiofm and rand to account for who the mafia couldn't have picked today and yeet between them even tho they could have just picked each other every night..."
you are who i find most scummy

but regardless. it matters. the mafia will not pick someone they perceive as difficult to chop d1.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:27 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:19 pm
I read his ISO
hmm but he didn't post anything new from when you posted your reads
No but I didn't feel whatever pings I was feeling yesterday. Therefore I moved him to null.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:25 pm yeah sorry, i will never play mafia in any setup like that at all.

you think they picked themselves huh

i mean if you really think that then sure it's worth it for the 1/1 trade lol

but nah

if it were me maybe I'd pick myself bc I often get caught d1 as mafia but idk if that really applies to anyone else here?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:28 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:21 pm

like how is this terrible? i need 4 people to say it's terrible to push your suspects for me to stop playing this game and follow the herd.
i dont even know what youre trying to say here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

town dunya, like in pyre, would just turn this into a full on omgus mutual tunnel back and forth slapfight

but no, you admit i'm town and are just trying to appeal/find holes in my arguments

is it because you know i'm town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:29 pm
While I'd consider you and Nanook to be null, I'm leaning more on the scummy side than the townie side for you, and more on the townie side than the scummy side for Nanook. Nutella's earlier posts (can collect if need) seemed a little odd to me, and Marmot is suspiciously null. Everyone else is townie enough to stay out of the POE.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:36 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:25 pm yeah sorry, i will never play mafia in any setup like that at all.

you think they picked themselves huh

i mean if you really think that then sure it's worth it for the 1/1 trade lol

but nah

if it were me maybe I'd pick myself bc I often get caught d1 as mafia but idk if that really applies to anyone else here?
what?

you're saying i'm going for the "easy targets" who the mafia could have picked, therefore i am mafia. 'm saying i'm going for "my suspects"

if the easy targets are my suspects, i don't care if yeeting them gives them a kill.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm town dunya, like in pyre, would just turn this into a full on omgus mutual tunnel back and forth slapfight

but no, you admit i'm town and are just trying to appeal/find holes in my arguments

is it because you know i'm town
lol
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:39 pm
While I'd consider you and Nanook to be null, I'm leaning more on the scummy side than the townie side for you, and more on the townie side than the scummy side for Nanook. Nutella's earlier posts (can collect if need) seemed a little odd to me, and Marmot is suspiciously null. Everyone else is townie enough to stay out of the POE.
esooa is town to you?
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:41 pm
esooa is town to you?
Yeah, more townie than those in the POE at least. Of course I'd still like some more posts from her, but I wouldn't necessarily want to chop her today.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya is my top suspect and I'm probably not voting anywhere else, if she indeed flips mafia then great, if she flips town then she's highly unlikely to have been the mafia's target so they wouldn't get a kill so it's the best of both worlds. if dunya somehow is actually the target then i've simply been outplayed and that's that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:49 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:41 pm
esooa is town to you?
Yeah, more townie than those in the POE at least. Of course I'd still like some more posts from her, but I wouldn't necessarily want to chop her today.
what places esooa as a town read to you? very curious.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

mafia live in fear of the day they do not have the ability to n1 kill nutella when she's right on d1
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella locking her vote on me with over 24hrs to go is super lame :P
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hi, i'm alison
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

no you're not. town alison always sees town dunya. and mafia alison always pockets town dunya.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok i've decided a few things.

first of all, nutella is kinda right. me being the d1 target if ya'll don't agree on someone else is not the worst result for reasons stated.

secondly, i want more fluff posting by me because i promised myself to not get worked up in this game as practice for my hydra game with nanook.

break a leg guyz ;p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I think it’s proooobably optimal to just play this as normal D1

If/when we have info in the form of a red flip and/or a NK I’ll be more interested in using the setup to make reads, until then it’s basically meaningless

Return to “Previous Heists”