MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 3] Renewed Vigor

Post by MartinGG99 »

Just popping in before I go to sleep
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:51 am I told GD to offer a bargain to Martin by the way. Who did you roleblock Martin?

I think GD should probably offer a bargain to Falcon tonight.
Assuming I got the role-block ability the instant I agreed to the deal, then I role-blocked Towny McTownFace (aka NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME).

They only had 3 posts for the D2 phase. While they could have valid reasons for not being active much on that day phase, its his last two posts that bothered me:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:24 am
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:54 am Nanook tried to shield sabie, thats a yuck from me dawg
Yeah cause she’s probably town

Besides that Mac is TRing me and has yet to get me wrong, so either you think he’s town and should sheep his read or you think he’s mafia and we’d be playing more in sync thus making me town, either way I’m town and you’re just gonna have to deal with it
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:04 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:28 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:27 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm Towny McTownface? More like Stupid McStupidface amirite
They're Nanook btw, ditched the sock-puppet.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:47 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:23 pm
Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 am Am I the only one that used a sockpuppet?
Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am I was under the impression that sock puppets were going to be the default, but now I just feel kinda silly
hi LC :goofp:
Actually it’s me

Sprit said I could ditch the sockpuppet account and just use my normal one, so that’s what I’m doing. Feels kind of silly when there’s only three other sock puppets in the game lmao
Oh, that's useful info, thank you.

Nanookthegreatandfearsome? More like Nanookthestupidandstupid.
WOW fuckin rude man
These had nearly 300 posts-in-between, and nothing new. Not to mention the last post here being from #2563 (it has been 400-ish posts since then).

Now, I don't know what Nanook does (or if they say anything) when they get busy, but it feels wrong to have this statement out there.

Of course, I don't know Nanook a whole lot but I can't really look away from this and say "its not scummy".

Not to mention Nutella didn't seem to like them earlier in that first quote but that's beside my point.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Have you ascertained the identity of the GD?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:10 am Have you ascertained the identity of the GD?
Nope. Unless you mean for me to ask them

I haven't gotten around to thinking who they could be
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:12 am
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:10 am Have you ascertained the identity of the GD?
Nope. Unless you mean for me to ask them

I haven't gotten around to thinking who they could be
Did you read my plan at all? Your job is to ascertain the GD's identity, through a coded post or similar, so that you can hold them accountable if something untoward happens to me or nutella, because we don't know that there isn't a trap in the GD's role.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:45 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:16 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:04 am You suspect him?
i got opportunistic vibes from some of his posts, but most importantly he hasn't responded to my question of him yet which is unforgivable.
I responded. I told you my favorite reptile is a turtle.
Did I miss one of your hard hitters?
what? okay maybe you really did just not see it

one moment please
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:11 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:28 am I'll leave it up to the general public

a) Do you want Mac to spend further time sharing the innumerable interactions between Jack and I that spew me clear?
b) Do you just want me to bury the mafia?

Can't have both.
Carry on.
I really like the take thunderpants just quoted.

Kyle's reptile question was oddly qwerky, seemed tp at the time, but now I feel like a tool.

Thanks Mac.
I'm interested in what exactly you like about thundercat's take? In detail
@Stupid Sexy Flanders it was this. i don't know if you ever explained what you liked about thunderpants take. which for clarity was the take that it was suspicious that i didn't care that macdougall suspected me, right?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 528

Post by MacDougall »

Lmao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lmao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lmao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Here's the thing. I'm gonna slank and shitpost now.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:08 am Just popping in before I go to sleep
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:51 am I told GD to offer a bargain to Martin by the way. Who did you roleblock Martin?

Assuming I got the role-block ability the instant I agreed to the deal, then I role-blocked Towny McTownFace (aka NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME).

They only had 3 posts for the D2 phase. While they could have valid reasons for not being active much on that day phase, its his last two posts that bothered me:
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:54 am Nanook tried to shield sabie, thats a yuck from me dawg

Besides that Mac is TRing me and has yet to get me wrong, so either you think he’s town and should sheep his read or you think he’s mafia and we’d be playing more in sync thus making me town, either way I’m town and you’re just gonna have to deal with it
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm Towny McTownface? More like Stupid McStupidface amirite
Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 am Am I the only one that used a sockpuppet?
Towny McTownface wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 am I was under the impression that sock puppets were going to be the default, but now I just feel kinda silly
Actually it’s me

Sprit said I could ditch the sockpuppet account and just use my normal one, so that’s what I’m doing. Feels kind of silly when there’s only three other sock puppets in the game lmao

WOW fuckin rude man
These had nearly 300 posts-in-between, and nothing new. Not to mention the last post here being from #2563 (it has been 400-ish posts since then).

Now, I don't know what Nanook does (or if they say anything) when they get busy, but it feels wrong to have this statement out there.

Of course, I don't know Nanook a whole lot but I can't really look away from this and say "its not scummy".

Not to mention Nutella didn't seem to like them earlier in that first quote but that's beside my point.
From what I've seen in other games nanook is way more talkative so him being quiet is out of the ordinary for him.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 264
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Actually it’s me

WOW fuckin rude man

Why does it feel wrong for me to have pointed out that someone who typically reads me correctly is/was townreading me? Odd thing to take exception to.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 264
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

And yes I fully intend to continue slanking for awhile this is my preferred approach to big games
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I re read Alison's post and I realize now that I must have misunderstood the gambit demon thing with the role vlocka and all that. Makes more sense now.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:22 am And yes I fully intend to continue slanking for awhile this is my preferred approach to big games
I feel this. I know I haven't been playing my best game. Sometimes in big games like this it takes me awhile to process everything and get going. I'm trying though.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Wow this phone does some weird things with autocorrect sometimes I meant role blocks
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I see nanook voted for NIK. I had been scum reading them before but they keep being saved by votes elsewhere. Day 1 it was to get jack who was mafia so not as much to be gleaned there but day 2 towards the EOD the whole thread shifted to MR. Are we going with the assumption that mafia does know each other or not? If they do would they be trying to save a teammate or have we been wrong about NIK? Does NIK seem compatible with anyone if they do know each other?

Gah I have to get to work I'll pop back in later.
~Darren Shan~
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:22 am And yes I fully intend to continue slanking for awhile this is my preferred approach to big games
I'm probably not going to fully slank but I do intend to just hard sheep nutella.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Actually I have an idea. Everyone who was targeted by MR's role, speak up now. I repeat, if you have been targeted by MR's role, speak up now. The wording of the role makes it clear that he chooses to target you, so you won't be scumread for it. I just want to know who was in BTSC with MR because it'll help us catch scum.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:41 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:11 am
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:28 am I'll leave it up to the general public

a) Do you want Mac to spend further time sharing the innumerable interactions between Jack and I that spew me clear?
b) Do you just want me to bury the mafia?

Can't have both.
Carry on.
I really like the take thunderpants just quoted.

Kyle's reptile question was oddly qwerky, seemed tp at the time, but now I feel like a tool.

Thanks Mac.
I'm interested in what exactly you like about thundercat's take? In detail
@Stupid Sexy Flanders it was this. i don't know if you ever explained what you liked about thunderpants take. which for clarity was the take that it was suspicious that i didn't care that macdougall suspected me, right?
Thundercat quoted a Mac take, can't remember it off the top of my head but it must have been a good take.

I can see how my wording could be confusing.

"
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
NIK
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 161

Post by NIK »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am Actually I have an idea. Everyone who was targeted by MR's role, speak up now. I repeat, if you have been targeted by MR's role, speak up now. The wording of the role makes it clear that he chooses to target you, so you won't be scumread for it. I just want to know who was in BTSC with MR because it'll help us catch scum.
i have alot of catching up to do which ill do tonight after work but i was the sole person targeted
Gave me the option of killing someone and committing suicide....After n.1 when i was close to being chopped it was clear to me that whoever brought me into the chat had bad intentions. Said since your pretty much done anyway blah blah blah
i wasn't aware that him bringing me there had no effect on my future alignment so i didnt say anything about it
Alison

Post by Alison »

NIK wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:26 am
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am Actually I have an idea. Everyone who was targeted by MR's role, speak up now. I repeat, if you have been targeted by MR's role, speak up now. The wording of the role makes it clear that he chooses to target you, so you won't be scumread for it. I just want to know who was in BTSC with MR because it'll help us catch scum.
i have alot of catching up to do which ill do tonight after work but i was the sole person targeted
Gave me the option of killing someone and committing suicide....After n.1 when i was close to being chopped it was clear to me that whoever brought me into the chat had bad intentions. Said since your pretty much done anyway blah blah blah
i wasn't aware that him bringing me there had no effect on my future alignment so i didnt say anything about it
Why wouldn't you take that option if you're town? You're in the POE and frankly, you're bottom POE. Why not blow yourself up along with your strongest scumread, and allow town to know that you're for real and your reads are correct, rather than make us waste a day exeing you?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 33

Re: Shadow Corridors Mafia [DAY 2] Rolling in the Deep

Post by Chuck »

Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:03 am Is it me or is it getting warm in here. :ninja:

I feel like the tables have turned. Sabie's now the one offering reads nonstop
so offering reads is scummy now? okay.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:32 am
Why wouldn't you take that option if you're town? You're in the POE and frankly, you're bottom POE. Why not blow yourself up along with your strongest scumread, and allow town to know that you're for real and your reads are correct, rather than make us waste a day exeing you?
oof, I don't like this. convincing someone to give up if they are "town enough"?
NIK
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 161

Post by NIK »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:32 am
im in a new game with new players. i didnt have any players i was lock scum reading
i wasnt about to miss and i didnt know the 3ps requirements to win
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Step 1: Flip nik

Step 2: Flip thundercat

Step 3: lmao
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

112 probably also
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Grand scheme is prob not town too
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scheme is like proper lol not town

Like what's towny about em
Alison

Post by Alison »

Chuck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 am oof, I don't like this. convincing someone to give up if they are "town enough"?
I mean, let's be real. NIK was in the POE and probably not getting out of it. He was more or less doomed to die. Why not die with a gun in hand?

If he's destined to die anyway, he's basically getting a free vigilante shot out of this, and saves town the trouble of wasting a day phase killing him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh let's make ties and be open wolfy. Yeah very town LC. Gg ya fucken
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison um

You are good enough to figure it out. I'm too fucken weh. Can u do it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LC u promised me an avatar. Cmon.
Alison

Post by Alison »

mac are you drunkposting again
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Thunal33 »

I know I said it before and was kind of active (and shouldn't have been), but today I probably won't contribute much until near EoD.
ImageImage
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:52 am
Chuck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 am oof, I don't like this. convincing someone to give up if they are "town enough"?
I mean, let's be real. NIK was in the POE and probably not getting out of it. He was more or less doomed to die. Why not die with a gun in hand?

If he's destined to die anyway, he's basically getting a free vigilante shot out of this, and saves town the trouble of wasting a day phase killing him.
ok, but he didn't die because he came out blazing town at EOD and his lynch train jumped ship. No reason to go back and lynch him if we decided not to.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Chuck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am

ok, but he didn't die because he came out blazing town at EOD and his lynch train jumped ship. No reason to go back and lynch him if we decided not to.
I'm not sure I get what you're saying here?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:28 am
Chuck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:25 am

I'm not sure I get what you're saying here?
I looked back at why NIK wasn't lynched. It was because of his "I'm town you guysss" posts, which do look genuine. SO why go back and lynch him now? Do you really think he is scum, or do you just want to give him a chance to use his shot to take down A PLAYER OF HIS CHOICE, who might also be town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

1) I think NIK is scum.
2) Most people think NIK is scum.
3) I don't think his posts are particularly genuine or clearing.
4) Therefore if NIK is town he should use his shot on someone else he thinks is town since he's ~never getting out of the POE and he can take down a scumread with him.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't think you understand how good clearing 2 people from the POE for free is. It helps town so much.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:43 am I don't think you understand how good clearing 2 people from the POE for free is. It helps town so much.
I agree with your assessment of the NIK situation.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 341

Post by 112 »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:49 am 112 probably also
:keys:
Myo
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Myo »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:02 am [VOTE: Sexy Flanders] aubergine
Agreed that he's sus. His vote on MrRadish feels overexplained.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:57 am mac are you drunkposting again
Yes
Myo

Post by Myo »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 am
Made wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:32 pm Are we just voting poly cuz low participation?
Standing by this. Poly made as much sense as any other low poster. Good shot tho vig

Gonna start my day with a sig :charlieblackmon:

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Why sig over any other remaining quiet people?
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 341

Post by 112 »

myo sus
Myo

Post by Myo »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:15 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:02 am Talk to me about Sig, Made. Had him as bad too, not entirely sure why though lol
Just Iso'd. I don't like how unoffensive he's been. Nothing Mr. Sig has said really reads like someone who's trying to convince anyone of anything: No sheeping, only voices opinion on wagons D1 and D2, no real strong reads otherwise. The counter point is he's just zoned, but imo the way he's gone about zoning feels a bit conveniently lowkey

Oh, you already explained this. Ignore the above Q.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Myo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:02 am [VOTE: Sexy Flanders] aubergine
Agreed that he's sus. His vote on MrRadish feels overexplained.
I owe my friends explanations when I vote for them.

But I feel like you're reaching really hard for a reason to shade me. "Because he explained his vote" is a desperate reach.
Gives Kylemi town points, because your rationale is so flimsy it looks designed to cozy up to Kyle who's sussing me for an equally poor reason.
Myo

Post by Myo »

Actually it’s me

WOW fuckin rude man

I don't know how to make the comment less big or hidden, sorry. Can you explain your thinking here? I don't understand why the orange comment combined with a fluff comment later on equals wolfy.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official

Myo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Actually it’s me

WOW fuckin rude man

I don't know how to make the comment less big or hidden, sorry. Can you explain your thinking here? I don't understand why the orange comment combined with a fluff comment later on equals wolfy.
Myo, I can't recall where you stand on anything really. The thread is 2500 posts deep and you've contributed 13 of them.

What's your PoE?
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 191

Post by falcon45ca »

Chuck wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:41 am
Thundercat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:03 am Is it me or is it getting warm in here. :ninja:

I feel like the tables have turned. Sabie's now the one offering reads nonstop
so offering reads is scummy now? okay.
Now you show up?

[VOTE: Chuck] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”