GAME 2 - 8-Ball Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is still taking their sweet time to do anything?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:55 pm

dunya
50%
Epignosis
17%
Marmot
No votes
nutella
No votes
George R. R. Martin (host/dead/np)
33%
I'd like to join the spec chat
No votes

Total votes: 6
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 236

Re: GAME 2 - 8-Ball Mafia [Day 1]

Post by tutuu »

Marmot wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:56 am
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 am
Esooa wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:44 am So I also feel most comfortable voting nutella cause she's not exactly LHF like the others I'd usually be ok with voting for
i don't understand this part. you're ok with voting for low-hanging fruit? who is LHF in this game in your opinion?
I'm generally pretty ok with voting LHF cause I.E. killing a player like epi who seems pretty good will be a lot worse when he flips town compared to someone like Marmot (not offense to him just picking up from the thread he's pretty LHF xd). And I don't have very good reads yet which is mb, but because of that I generally would default to voting someone who's more scummy on average

and on the PSI thing, I guess I can see what you mean by she would make it up as a weird response to pressure as maf. I guess I thought it made sense cause linki is annoying but it wouldn't really change my posts lol
Esooa called me out as LHF in this post. I suddenly don't think PSI could be the teammate and it's probably someone who's played with me before.
i ... dont think its that hard to tell that you're a LHF even if someone never played with u before, but carry on being towny
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: GAME 2 - 8-Ball Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Marmot »

:pout:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i have played with scum!nook once, only once, he seems to rand town all the time, and im not the best nook reader

but recently ive been ~alright at finding him as town, to some extent, i ~think

and iirc he doesnt mind bussing, at least in that one game i saw him wolf

and i ... how to put it into words?

theres nothing to put into words

its fundamentally impossible to justify a read with easy to understand words in this specific game due to how lowkey it is, because if it was so easy, then people would be obvious to read every game from the very first post

but if we assume ppl do put some effort to blend their town games and scum games together, then u cant rly demand logical and clear explanations to scumread and to vote someone

so what ppl end up doing is they fake a big portion of their rationale for their reads (even as town) just for the sake of keeping up appearances

imo
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

proof of my claims: the esooa yeet

there was not a single detailed and logical and formulated reason to scumread her and yeet her

all of us (who are town) voted there based off of our gut
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I don’t care about faking my town game when I’m scum, I’m on the record about that lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And yeah I don’t mind bussing *in certain circumstances.* that doesn’t mean I always do it or I do it compulsively.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yeah, im not saying nanook has bussed before therefore nanook always busses

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:35 pm proof of my claims: the esooa yeet

there was not a single detailed and logical and formulated reason to scumread her and yeet her

all of us (who are town) voted there based off of our gut
I mean

There was but it couldn’t be talked about

At least for me lol
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i woud self-pres to marmot if it comes down to it

Eh that made it sound angleshooty didn’t it

I preferred to kill the slot rather than have a sub come in, in a game this size subs are super hard to read imo. I didn’t want to say that at the time cause usually saying that makes people go “NO LET IT BE SUBBED,” so
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:56 pm Eh that made it sound angleshooty didn’t it

I preferred to kill the slot rather than have a sub come in, in a game this size subs are super hard to read imo. I didn’t want to say that at the time cause usually saying that makes people go “NO LET IT BE SUBBED,” so
i dont see how that is, subs are inherently pro-town imo. at the very least it gives u another opportunity to read the lost

i havent seen a situation where being adamant to kill an empty slot ended up being correct unless the slot just was super important to mechanically resolve

in this situation i gut scumread esooa so yeeting her slot seemed fine to me
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

anyway, for the rest of the town:

nook is not necessarily scum for killing esooa, and he did display this behavior before as town (being adamant to kill empty slots) (the TripleHaven slot in that G-man game)

however he has also displayed it as scum (he hard bussed the about-to-be empty slot of his scum buddy colonialbob in the philosophers mafia game), so i would just urge u guys to find nook as town (if he is town) based off of his posts and day talk and not give him a free pass for killing a wolf, in case anyone is townreading him based off of that (which if i might add, i did also kill a wolf)

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:00 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:56 pm Eh that made it sound angleshooty didn’t it

i dont see how that is, subs are inherently pro-town imo. at the very least it gives u another opportunity to read the lost

i havent seen a situation where being adamant to kill an empty slot ended up being correct unless the slot just was super important to mechanically resolve

Eh, I disagree about subs being pro town generally. I think killing empty of functionally empty slots is broadly better than not doing so

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:08 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Eh, I disagree about subs being pro town generally. I think killing empty of functionally empty slots is broadly better than not doing so
*or
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

actually i should consider not self-pressing myself against marmot because if he is town, he is 100% marked by the mafia and if i self-pres and im right that he's town, mafia will kill 2 towns instead of just me, 1 town

but that is an insane decision for me to make

cuz if im wrong and marmot is mafia i'd be borderline gamethrowing. well not gamethrowing but i would be putting us very far behind
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

even if im highly confident that marmot is town (which i am) maybe it would still be correct to self-pres and let 2 townies die instead of me, because i dont see my death changing stuff tbh. ppl will still want marmot dead

so i have no choice but to conform to the peer pressure

but if im right that he's town and we lose 1 extra town, that will hopefully make other towns listen to me

so yeah, i would self-pres
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

6v1
misyeet and marked 4v1
misyeet and marked 2v1
final chance to yeet scum

so yeah, worst case scenario (if mafia gets their kills every time) we have at least 3 yeets remaining this game

so i should take off my fancy pants and ideas of not self presing against marmot
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by dunya »

Hmmmmmmmmm
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the issue I have seeing town tutuu is she's self pressing as crazy here. She goes from one person to the next. First it was epi then nutella doesn't deserve to be too highly town read, then bote for Marmot and now nanook...and she's ready to go back on that psi town read.

It doesnt at all feel like town tutuu has a stable town core which she usually hunts for.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

like I don't feel tutuu is *having fun* tbh there's a weird tone and feeling to her posts

I think I’m just prepared to take dunya and Nutella as town and not reassess until f3 tbh

If it’s right then game is locked, if it’s wrong then I’ll figure it out at f3 and/or be the losing miskill

Either way I think it’s the right move tbh
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:49 pm like I don't feel tutuu is *having fun* tbh there's a weird tone and feeling to her posts
you are reading me based off a half a year old meta. space invaders and pyre mafia was in june or july
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I mean Radiohead was in late September (I modded)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Are you saying you don't have fun playing mafia any more?

Six months is not that long tbf
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:01 pm Are you saying you don't have fun playing mafia any more?
i feel like you confirmation bias yourself too much, and you aren't really reading any of my responses with a benefit of the doubt

i never said or implied that im not having fun, either in this particular game or in mafia in general, unless thats how you choose to read my response that i gave you yourself

"you are reading me based off a half a year old meta. space invaders and pyre mafia was in june or july" was my reply to your claim that my tone is weird
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:08 pm Six months is not that long tbf
nanook has seen first handedly people scumreading me due to finding my tone weird, he has also seen first handedly me pocketing ppl in that scum game that just ended by me falling back to doing the thing people want to see from me (the way that i often used to have my tone before)

if nanook is town he can't find me as town here? he can't clear this misunderstanding? why is he further adding shade to my defense by saying six months isn't that long, and i could be scum because im different from six months ago?

@nutella who also said that she was surprised that i was scum in that game (because presumably i copied the town meta thats wanted from me perfectly) - she also cant see that im being stubborn town here for not confronting to peer pressure and doing what i want?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

"not confronting to peer pressure"

confronting wasnt the right word here. the opposite. what was the word? it was very similar. comforming. comfirming. what was the word
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

conform
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:17 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:08 pm Six months is not that long tbf
nanook has seen first handedly people scumreading me due to finding my tone weird, he has also seen first handedly me pocketing ppl in that scum game that just ended by me falling back to doing the thing people want to see from me (the way that i often used to have my tone before)

if nanook is town he can't find me as town here? he can't clear this misunderstanding? why is he further adding shade to my defense by saying six months isn't that long, and i could be scum because im different from six months ago?

@nutella who also said that she was surprised that i was scum in that game (because presumably i copied the town meta thats wanted from me perfectly) - she also cant see that im being stubborn town here for not confronting to peer pressure and doing what i want?
This is all wifom and I don't care about it

Your poe is everyone except me...I don't buy >that<
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

cool, that post wasn't directed at you, it was directed at nanook and nutella
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Lol.

I don't think I like playing with this tutuu hmm
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm out anyway

Solve the game everyone else glgl

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:17 pm

I don’t really feel a need to make a read on you either way tbh

dunya wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:28 pm I'm out anyway

Are you comfortable with Nutella town?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

omg you guys posted a lot
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:28 pm I'm out anyway

Are you comfortable with Nutella town?
i'd put her below you, but yeah she's town for me now, maybe more town than epi in my list from her eod and handling of me. some posts were super townie sounding.

my poe is like

psi
tutuu
marmot

i feel like psi did a lot of work which i wouldnt usually have a problem calling busy work, but honestly marmot's point of esooa calling him LHF struck with me cos psi doesn't know marmot either. good observation from him which is what made me primarily move my vote off him...

esooa and psi wouldn't know enough about marmot to call him lhf imo. so it was esooa with someone who is more familiar with marmot.

like if i wanna remove marmot and psi from my pool, it would be down between tutuu and epi. and tutuu has more ???? for me than epi. also the way nutella nudged epi about intentionally misspelling esooa's username...his reaction was pretty genuine i think. but i would totally not put it past w!epi to do something like that tbh
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

of course marmot and esooa could still be the team and thats why esooa had the info on marmot being lhf.

i just felt the way he came around to the conclusion and picked up on that tell to clear psi was kinda...genuine.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:12 pm if its not nook its PSI and we're underestimating her scum game

i think everyone else towntold repeatedly and a lot
Yeah no nook and psi are p much lock town sorry.

I think epi was 8ball bait and you are the real mafia. You pocketing marmot and pushing nook is just desperation showing
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm i have played with scum!nook once, only once, he seems to rand town all the time, and im not the best nook reader

but recently ive been ~alright at finding him as town, to some extent, i ~think

and iirc he doesnt mind bussing, at least in that one game i saw him wolf

and i ... how to put it into words?

theres nothing to put into words

its fundamentally impossible to justify a read with easy to understand words in this specific game due to how lowkey it is, because if it was so easy, then people would be obvious to read every game from the very first post

but if we assume ppl do put some effort to blend their town games and scum games together, then u cant rly demand logical and clear explanations to scumread and to vote someone

so what ppl end up doing is they fake a big portion of their rationale for their reads (even as town) just for the sake of keeping up appearances

imo
this post feels tonally awkward and hesitant and almost in a performative way and not like the town tutuu i know
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

What I’m getting at is that I think if the three of us treat each other like masons we can soft lock this game

We might need a fourth if we run into a NK, we can cross that bridge when we get there.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

fun fact: if nutella is indeed town, this would be the first game in over 2 years where we both tr each other :P

i want it to be true i do i do i do
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:07 pm What I’m getting at is that I think if the three of us treat each other like masons we can soft lock this game

We might need a fourth if we run into a NK, we can cross that bridge when we get there.
yeah, i'm comfy locking her town with you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok i have to go for a few hours. laters gators.

In that case it’s probably optimal to start with tutu then, I’d guess she’s less likely to be marked than marmot if town

And the other two thirds of the triumvirate of death are scumreading her so
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yea i sincerely doubt im marked

if you're set on killing me today might be good because we will save 1 townie's life
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

mafia having their night kill be optional will be rough

means there will be no 1v2, no matter what it will be a 1v3 at the end
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

really dont know who fooled me if nanook is town

maybe its just marmot and i want him to be finally town cuz i feel for him when he said in wolf chat that he always gets pressured and he was delighted when i hard defended him
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if marmot is town though we all ought to give him kudos (for correctly townreading me)

it takes bravery to go against the town consensus, and not only do that, but also be right

Return to “Previous Heists”