Christmas Time Is Here Again

Moderator: Community Team

D4 ends December 28, 5pm EST. Happy Boxing Day!

Wilgy
No votes
Marmot
No votes
Syn
No votes
Grand Scheme
No votes
Samusamu
No votes
Kylemii
55%
No kill (can be hammered)
No votes
No vote (cannot be hammered)
No votes
Host/dead/spec/coal
45%

Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Christmas Time Is Here Again

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:26 pm Responding quick cuz doing Christmas things, but tldr, I think your likely mafia at this point because what ur saying first seemed plausible with a sig samu civvie situation. I didn’t like that syn and sloonei didn’t acknowledge each other. Feels like baddie team distancing. If you ask short questions I can answer them, but I can’t be glued to my phone right now.

Wilgy votes seem like the move to make syn look a lot better if wilgy is good, so I’m happy voting there cuz she’s more active than wilgy at this point
There are a number of people I didn’t interact with much. Why are singling out syn? What specifically makes the two of us look bad together?
I though u are bad and syn separate and noticed the lack of acknowledgments in iso. That’s why I think u wilgy syn together have big baddie energy
I was hekkatown yesterday. What happened?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm
Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:26 pm Responding quick cuz doing Christmas things, but tldr, I think your likely mafia at this point because what ur saying first seemed plausible with a sig samu civvie situation. I didn’t like that syn and sloonei didn’t acknowledge each other. Feels like baddie team distancing. If you ask short questions I can answer them, but I can’t be glued to my phone right now.

Wilgy votes seem like the move to make syn look a lot better if wilgy is good, so I’m happy voting there cuz she’s more active than wilgy at this point
There are a number of people I didn’t interact with much. Why are singling out syn? What specifically makes the two of us look bad together?
I though u are bad and syn separate and noticed the lack of acknowledgments in iso. That’s why I think u wilgy syn together have big baddie energy
I was hekkatown yesterday. What happened?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:32 pm I have not interacted at all with Grand Scheme.
My only interaction with Kyle was a couple of jokes about swearing.
I did not interact with Mewtini prior to my case today.
I hadn’t said a word about wilgy until today.
I barely even talked to or about cat yesterday.
I’ve said little to night about the Marmot Falcon.

Really my only significant interactions on Day 1 were with sig, samu, and made himself.

Made has made the argument that I am specifically avoiding talking to or about Syn.
Weird reactions to me saying super town and weirder me and mew reads the next day, plus cat flipping civvie
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Why do I think ur bad? Cuz ur pushing me hard for reasons that feel forced, and everything ur saying makes me feel like reading a different thread than I am
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why are my reads “weird”, Made?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:38 pm Why do I think ur bad? Cuz ur pushing me hard for reasons that feel forced, and everything ur saying makes me feel like reading a different thread than I am
Explain.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Which I guess could be a civvie thing, but like this feels like a lot
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Syn »

laissez-faire post like syn and get wolf read

put in effort and case people like sloonei and get wolf read

be named Made and be locked town
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Wilgy lynch is a very easy push for baddies to make if yesterday was civvie civvie, and ur forcing people hard away from it which makes me think he is bad. If he’s not, well shit, but it’s my best read.

Why do you think wilgy isn’t bad?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 pm Wilgy lynch is a very easy push for baddies to make if yesterday was civvie civvie, and ur forcing people hard away from it which makes me think he is bad. If he’s not, well shit, but it’s my best read.

Why do you think he is bad?

I don’t have a firm read on wilgy alone. He’s doing all of the things wilgy always does regardless of alignment. The fact that no one but me seems to be resisting that momentum suggests to me that he’s town and that the mafia team views him as the path of least resistance. You’ve basically just said so yourself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can someone else please weigh in on Sloonei v. Made?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:45 pm Wilgy lynch is a very easy push for baddies to make if yesterday was civvie civvie, and ur forcing people hard away from it which makes me think he is bad. If he’s not, well shit, but it’s my best read.

I don’t have a firm read on wilgy alone. He’s doing all of the things wilgy always does regardless of alignment. The fact that no one but me seems to be resisting that momentum suggests to me that he’s town and that the mafia team views him as the path of least resistance. You’ve basically just said so yourself.
Low post, low content, last minute tie switches, I’m not getting much out of his play, and a last minute chaos switch feels like a bad af.

If the first few are just wilgy’s mo, that changes things, but like knowing his slot gives us a lot of information on yesterday’s cluster of an EOD, even if it’s an easy push. it’s an easy to push slot, so it’s a slot that needs to be defined like you are doing now

I really can’t keep this up, so like vote me if you need to, but like look at wilgy syn sloonei tomorrow
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Samusamu »

If civie-civie? But if for you wilgy was scum yesterday
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:27 pm Why the absolute jingle bells are we scum reading Wilgy here?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:30 pm And I'm also not inclined to vote for Syn.

We're voting for Made today. I will settle for nothing else.
This wilgy defense as what I was talking about btw
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Low post, low content, last minute tie switches, I’m not getting much out of his play, and a last minute chaos switch feels like a bad af.

If the first few are just wilgy’s mo, that changes things, but like knowing his slot gives us a lot of information on yesterday’s cluster of an EOD, even if it’s an easy push. it’s an easy to push slot, so it’s a slot that needs to be defined like you are doing now

I really can’t keep this up, so like vote me if you need to, but like look at wilgy syn sloonei tomorrow
I do not know what your point is here.

Wilgy's content is light, sure. He's not alone. Mewtini hasn't posted a lot. Grand Scheme hasn't posted a lot. Kyle hasn't had much to say today. I don't know about "last minute tie switches" because I was not here at the deadline yesterday (and won't be here again today). I am aware that Syn changed from wilgy to sig at the last moment. His wilgy vote was blatantly a joke vote from early in the day, so I take that with a grain of salt. I think if his motive was to Not Look Bad, he would not have put himself in a position where his vote was limply sitting on a teammate for the entirety of Day 1. I think if he was motive was strictly to save Wilgy, he would have voted for cat.

I'm not getting much out of his play either, but he's not alone and that's not a reason to suspect him. Last minute chaos is not bad at face value. I like it. I condone it. Why is it bad?

Info-chopping is bad. We're never doing that while I have any say in the matter. I do not know why wilgy being an "easy push" is a reason to advocate pushing him. To me that screams "resist pushing" because, well, he's been widely pushed for little reason.

You, meanwhile, have been my top suspect for a while. I am loud. I usually get a lot of attention. My case against you is absolutely not gaining traction. That is concerning.

I am already voting for you. I implore others to do the same.

Merry Christmas. Sorry if this is all impossible to respond to right now. Such is life. I think you're mafia in this game, but that shouldn't make your holidays less happy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:27 pm Why the absolute jingle bells are we scum reading Wilgy here?
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:30 pm And I'm also not inclined to vote for Syn.

We're voting for Made today. I will settle for nothing else.
This wilgy defense as what I was talking about btw
The first question was genuine. I did not know why people suspected wilgy. Upon examining it, I found no good reason.

I have articulated why I think the Syn argument is bogus.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

EOD is today isn't it

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

[VOTE: Made] aubergine

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am not just reading Made as mafia; I am struggling to read him as town. I need to leave for work shortly and won't be here for the deadline. I am set on Made and I am close to begging the rest of you to do the same.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:07 pm I am not just reading Made as mafia; I am struggling to read him as town. I need to leave for work shortly and won't be here for the deadline. I am set on Made and I am close to begging the rest of you to do the same.
Not mad pal, merry Christmas <3
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Samusamu wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:57 pm

If civie-civie? But if for you wilgy was scum yesterday
I did and do, but if civvvie civvie, then the above makes sense. The Math nerds call it Proof by contradiction (don’t tell them I said that tho. I’m deff not using it properly lmaoo)
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 159

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:07 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:41 pm Also I know it's the holiday, but the thread is very stagnate. Which makes me wonder if we're going in the complete wrong direction here.
Talk about made.
I'm torn. So, I think you raised some good points I especially find the mew/made connection a bit weird. But he's had the same views as I do with Wilgy and Samu which earns him some town points.

From a meta view there isn't alot to go on for me he's always been harder for me to get an angle on, but as far as what I've seen it seems more in line with his civ game.

The biggest thing that's making me a bitch sketchy is how his opinion on me evolved, it seems like he was buddying me D1, then when I mentioned I was pinged a bit he suddenly finds me more scummy.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I also disagree with you on Syn, regardless of anything else that's scummy.

Honestly the biggest reason I'd switch to Made is since you're so sure of it and i've basically got you down as a lock civ
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay, Imma reread the entire Sloonie vs Made thing real fast
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm I also disagree with you on Syn, regardless of anything else that's scummy.

Honestly the biggest reason I'd switch to Made is since you're so sure of it and i've basically got you down as a lock civ
if you've got a second, could you explain what syn has done that makes him a suspect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:19 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:15 pm I also disagree with you on Syn, regardless of anything else that's scummy.

if you've got a second, could you explain what syn has done that makes him a suspect?
Early activity reminds me of his mafia game from the last game we played.

I hate his EoD, especially considering he went from saying he'd stay on Wilgy to voting me, I just don't see a world were a civ would do this.

Seemed to have thrown some suspicion on cat, but then never voted there. Instead opting to vote me.

Really my big gripe with him, is that he tried to tie it up which would've let mafia decide the kill and have triggered us to waste a shot/spend the next phase lynching cat.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm like 60/40 on Made, I do think Sloonie comes off alot better in their discussion and made does look worse, but I'm also very confident in my Syn read.

I also like how confident you are on this, but I'm waffling.

My biggest issues with Made stem from the fact he did seem a bit opportunistic with Samu and how he waffled on me. Plus he didn't respond to Sloonie's case very well.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm gonna carve out like 20 minutes do a quick ISO of Made instead of just reading through the argument, then pop back in again.

I'm assuming there's no way @Samusamu @Sloonei would switch to Syn today?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 pm Early activity reminds me of his mafia game from the last game we played.

I hate his EoD, especially considering he went from saying he'd stay on Wilgy to voting me, I just don't see a world were a civ would do this.

Seemed to have thrown some suspicion on cat, but then never voted there. Instead opting to vote me.

Really my big gripe with him, is that he tried to tie it up which would've let mafia decide the kill and have triggered us to waste a shot/spend the next phase lynching cat.
I don't see him saying he's going to say on Wilgy. Where's that?

If Syn is mafia and he has thrown suspicion at cat, who we now know was town, why does Syn not just vote for cat?

If Syn is mafia, what it his imperative to force a tie if the leader (cat) is already a civilian? There are going to be unresolved suspects no matter what the outcome of yesterday is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:28 pm I'm like 60/40 on Made, I do think Sloonie comes off alot better in their discussion and made does look worse, but I'm also very confident in my Syn read.

I also like how confident you are on this, but I'm waffling.

My biggest issues with Made stem from the fact he did seem a bit opportunistic with Samu and how he waffled on me. Plus he didn't respond to Sloonie's case very well.
What do you think of my reasoning for sloonei, specifically his reads of mew and me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:29 pm I'm gonna carve out like 20 minutes do a quick ISO of Made instead of just reading through the argument, then pop back in again.

i'm leaving in 2 seconds and currently think that all the arguments I've seen against Syn are nonsense. I'm not saying he's lock town, but it would take something huge to sway me there.

Plus I am very firmly reading Made as mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Samusamu »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:29 pm I'm gonna carve out like 20 minutes do a quick ISO of Made instead of just reading through the argument, then pop back in again.

No
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:32 pm

i'm leaving in 2 seconds and currently think that all the arguments I've seen against Syn are nonsense. I'm not saying he's lock town, but it would take something huge to sway me there.

Plus I am very firmly reading Made as mafia.
Syn wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:21 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:17 pm oh you're right, EOD is imminent

guess I need to switch from my joke vote

to uh...

to... uh...
maybe I'll just stay on Wilgy

So my idea here is that the only reason he moved off Wilgy is since Wilgy is also mafia and we were in the process of switching from Cat to Wilgy. So Cat wouldn't have been lynched since the votes would've shifted like this

Cat had 4 I'd have moved off Cat making it 3 vs Wilgy 4 and Sig at 2

Syn switched off Wilgy which made it 2 and I was at 3 Cat still at 4. BUT, if I had switched from Cat to Wilgy like I was planning to it would've been a 3 way tie.

The fact he waited until the very last second to switch is my problem since we were in the middle of a last second CFD onto Wilgy and basically needed Syn's vote to pull it off otherwise we'd have been sitting ina 3 way tie. Mafia would've left Cat alive so we'd lynch them next day ect.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I continue to see absolutely no reason why wilgy has to be mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm I continue to see absolutely no reason why wilgy has to be mafia.
Wilgy is mafia if syn is.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining my logic here.

The idea is we almost switched to wilgy and syn stopped it last second. I was mainly switching to wilgy based off mew, an iffy d1, and not reallt feeling the car lynxh.

So basically for now I'm not using that to go after wilgy, my main gripe is syn eod behavior. If syn isn't mafia then the whole wilgy thing goes out the window
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So did a quick reread of made, since I'm aware the clock is running out.

I'm still worried this could be town/town, at the same time
1. i don't see sloonie or samu dropping this so it needs to be resolved and we still can loose a civ and be fine number wise.
2. Sloonie is a solid town read and samu is a moderate town read, so I don't think this is a case of mafia trying to redirect onto made
3. The more I read over Made day 1 action the less I like it specifically how he seemed to partly use me as a reason to vote for samu and my argument around mechanjc but then dropped it d2 and said that didn't make me seem civil. I don't see how that can coexist if he was scum reading samu for opposing my shot idea/me. But then also doesn't clear me for it.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm also a bit paranoid him and syn are distancing
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Id really like someone outside of made/his wagon to weight in
ImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

who am I meant to be distancing from

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:55 pm who am I meant to be distancing from
and how is this different from how I'm treating anyone else except Sloonei

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm I continue to see absolutely no reason why wilgy has to be mafia.
From my perspective, this argument feels very circular.
“Wilgy is mafia if syn is mafia”, but then the argument against Syn seems to he “he saved wilgy”, and if that’s the case then the argument for Syn is actually “Syn is mafia if wilgy is mafia.”

And I don’t think either of them has done anything that points to them being mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:39 pm @Kylemii @Grand Scheme Haven't heard much from you two this phase. What're your thoughts on the 3 cases we have?

Marmots on Wilgy
Sloonei's on Made
Mine on Syn

Which would you prefer to lynch and which would you shoot.
No thoughts; head empty
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Please give me your most biased accounts of each case as you can muster and I will vote accordingly
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:06 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:41 pm
From my perspective, this argument feels very circular.
“Wilgy is mafia if syn is mafia”, but then the argument against Syn seems to he “he saved wilgy”, and if that’s the case then the argument for Syn is actually “Syn is mafia if wilgy is mafia.”

And I don’t think either of them has done anything that points to them being mafia.
I dont like how logical your being. :p
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I wanna illogically tunnel on syn which is my God given right!
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:11 pm Please give me your most biased accounts of each case as you can muster and I will vote accordingly
Made is mafia. He made wilgy get coal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: made] aubergine

I'm not really sold on this lynch tbh, not very confident he's gonna flip mafia but. There's enough that I do see the case sloonie made and I do trust him totally. We also do need to resolve it and can't really trust the gift to 100% go to either him or syn.

I do think we should shoot syn though. :beer:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

If made does flip mafia we do have a solid town core which'll ge nice
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:24 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:11 pm Please give me your most biased accounts of each case as you can muster and I will vote accordingly
amazing, what about the other two
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:24 pm
amazing, what about the other two
Syn is mafia for his D1 EOD action + my gut/meta read. I'm abandoning that wagon atm, but plan to pursue it next phase.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”