Total votes: 22
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:46 pm This is twice already that you’ve responded to token SlooneiProds by telling me essentially to knock it off. That’s not always an unfair response. My questions can be overbearing, and sometimes that’s partially the point. It was the first time. But this time I feel like I am asking a pair of straightforward and reasonable questions as part of an early dialogue in the game. I do not think my questions are vague at all, and I am not trying to be difficult.

You said you think Mac looks different than he usually does. I don’t see it and am asking for elaboration. Maybe there’s a linguistic divide here. I am struggling with your assertion that Mac “isn’t trying to be taken seriously” as part of your accusation. I see the behavior you are pointing to but I don’t see A) why it’s unusual for him, B) why he would need to be trying to be taken seriously as town, or C) what precisely it means if he is not trying to be taken seriously. There are lots of motives for floating less-than-serious reads on Day 0/1 of a game, for instance.
yea well i responded already in small chunks of posts after this, i pinged u
And I’m addressing part of that response here. This is not me trying to grill you, it is me trying to better understand your point of view.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:47 pm sloonei is town suck it hyena
Nah. Even after his latest post I'm entirely convinced he's mafia. :3
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:59 pm Nutella is >rand scum for her reads on Tutuu (holding the town read is already past the point of TMI) and her Mac read (refusing to read me one way or the other when I am blatantly town and she never has any fear of town reading me).

I'm gonna assume at some point in the previous posts I have yet to backread that Nutella made some effort to make me seem insane for my Tutuu read.
i never made you seem insane i even agreed with your nook read and told tutuu it was real and called out some of her bad takes i just also think she's town

and dude im fucking paranoid of townreading you like every single game what lmao
You probably have "lol mac is town" or some variant of that as predictive autotext in your phone at this point so this point is bs and you know it.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 am I've started to add ISO links to the first post. They're currently in backwards order. If anyone knows how to fix that, feel free to PM me and I can adjust them. Please don't respond here, thanks.
this is a vendetta
[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
Pov: you reading my takes
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hottest of hot takes fresh from my griddle

made/nook w/w
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:57 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:53 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:52 pm Tutuu is literally mafia. There is no universe in which the way she has read me makes any sense for her. It is entirely unlike anything she has ever done before. It was probably just her going into attack mode because I pushed onto her teammate Nanook tbh.
how so? i interpreted something as something, i talked about it itt a bit, i decided to give up on it and move on

i dont see anything unreasonable or weird here
I have played in many many games with you. I know what to expect from you. There is nothing that I did that was outside the realms of normality for me. You concocted reasons which is fine but then you kept holding the read and doubled down.

Also this post is prorotypical what caught scum do. You ask me a broad "how so?" when I made several points, not addressing any of the key points. Then you reframed your behaviour removing all context to give yourself a platform to be incredulous and reduce my argument down to wifom.
i clearly held the read as much as i pleased and then i gave up on it and have clearly stated that i dont want to talk about it so much because this is pointless. i did not double down, you are tunneled

prototypical actions of what caught scum do is irrelevant to me. you are tunneled. your second sentence is just random words that i dont even understand
Probably getting close to having the royal flush of things that caught mafia do to spew themselves scum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 pm Okay, for real though? Sloonei is mafia. He's the only one that seems to not be joking around with any of us at the moment. He seems very uncomfortable at the moment, which I also take to mean that he doesn't have any teammates that are active right now. Make a note who's joking around right now.
I’m not here. This isn’t happening.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:52 pm Tutuu is literally mafia. There is no universe in which the way she has read me makes any sense for her. It is entirely unlike anything she has ever done before. It was probably just her going into attack mode because I pushed onto her teammate Nanook tbh.
how so? i interpreted something as something, i talked about it itt a bit, i decided to give up on it and move on

I have played in many many games with you. I know what to expect from you. There is nothing that I did that was outside the realms of normality for me. You concocted reasons which is fine but then you kept holding the read and doubled down.

Also this post is prorotypical what caught scum do. You ask me a broad "how so?" when I made several points, not addressing any of the key points. Then you reframed your behaviour removing all context to give yourself a platform to be incredulous and reduce my argument down to wifom.
i clearly held the read as much as i pleased and then i gave up on it and have clearly stated that i dont want to talk about it so much because this is pointless. i did not double down, you are tunneled

prototypical actions of what caught scum do is irrelevant to me. you are tunneled. your second sentence is just random words that i dont even understand
towny post

take a breath mac
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:46 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:24 pm i dont need to case it so much, you are asking way too much of me and i have no reason to put so much effort into answering such a vague question any further than i have
This is twice already that you’ve responded to token SlooneiProds by telling me essentially to knock it off. That’s not always an unfair response. My questions can be overbearing, and sometimes that’s partially the point. It was the first time. But this time I feel like I am asking a pair of straightforward and reasonable questions as part of an early dialogue in the game. I do not think my questions are vague at all, and I am not trying to be difficult.

You said you think Mac looks different than he usually does. I don’t see it and am asking for elaboration. Maybe there’s a linguistic divide here. I am struggling with your assertion that Mac “isn’t trying to be taken seriously” as part of your accusation. I see the behavior you are pointing to but I don’t see A) why it’s unusual for him, B) why he would need to be trying to be taken seriously as town, or C) what precisely it means if he is not trying to be taken seriously. There are lots of motives for floating less-than-serious reads on Day 0/1 of a game, for instance.
I've got my own reasoning why Mac feels different this game if you want to hear it.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:02 am hottest of hot takes fresh from my griddle

made/nook w/w
Damn caught me already, rip
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 am
Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 pm Okay, for real though? Sloonei is mafia. He's the only one that seems to not be joking around with any of us at the moment. He seems very uncomfortable at the moment, which I also take to mean that he doesn't have any teammates that are active right now. Make a note who's joking around right now.
I’m not here. This isn’t happening.
You were here. :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My current reads

Town:
  • Hyena
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 am

towny post

take a breath mac
THERE IT IS! THE POST DESIGNED TO MAKE ME LOOK INSANE.

Awww man I'm bout to bust out the y'all need jesus gifs.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:02 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:59 pm Nutella is >rand scum for her reads on Tutuu (holding the town read is already past the point of TMI) and her Mac read (refusing to read me one way or the other when I am blatantly town and she never has any fear of town reading me).

I'm gonna assume at some point in the previous posts I have yet to backread that Nutella made some effort to make me seem insane for my Tutuu read.
i never made you seem insane i even agreed with your nook read and told tutuu it was real and called out some of her bad takes i just also think she's town

and dude im fucking paranoid of townreading you like every single game what lmao
You probably have "lol mac is town" or some variant of that as predictive autotext in your phone at this point so this point is bs and you know it.
im actually curious about this

lol -> lol sup

lol mac -> lol mac and cheese
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:04 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:02 am hottest of hot takes fresh from my griddle

made/nook w/w
shhhhhh, if we don't acknowledge it, maybe she'll leave us alone

:keys:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:24 pm i dont need to case it so much, you are asking way too much of me and i have no reason to put so much effort into answering such a vague question any further than i have
This is twice already that you’ve responded to token SlooneiProds by telling me essentially to knock it off. That’s not always an unfair response. My questions can be overbearing, and sometimes that’s partially the point. It was the first time. But this time I feel like I am asking a pair of straightforward and reasonable questions as part of an early dialogue in the game. I do not think my questions are vague at all, and I am not trying to be difficult.

I've got my own reasoning why Mac feels different this game if you want to hear it.
Yes
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:04 am My current reads

Town:
  • Hyena
you should town-read me too

please

because i asked nicely
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:05 am

made/nook w/w

Don’t be mad bb
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mac is -> Mac is going to be a little late game scenarios and I will be there at the same time I don't have a godread on the way home from work and I have to go to the store and get some rest and feel better soon and that is the only way I can get a vig shot of the game and I will be there in a few minutes to talk to you about it when I get home I will send you a picture of the back of the building and the other is a good time to call you today but I will be there in a few minutes and I will be there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So we have Hyena, 112, Sloonei, Nutella, Tutuu and Mac in this hottub of fun.

Sloonei has felt town. Hyena has felt town but just has bad reads. Nutella has felt reeee. Tutuu has felt omega reee. 112 has also felt omega reeee.

Nutella and Tutuu probably aren't teammates. 112 can be with either of them.

112 is probably just mafia in this game.

I rescind my Nanook mafia read.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 am

made/nook w/w

Don’t be mad bb
wtf, don't bus me day one asshat
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 am

Town:
  • Hyena
  • Syn
  • Marmot
  • Sloonei
  • Nutella

please

because i asked nicely
Acceptable.

This list feels pretty good actually. Nutella at some point is going to be like "eh maybe Tutuu is actually mafia", make her own case, push Tutuu and I'll have to remind her how I caught Tutuu here but she actually won't care.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:09 am
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 am

Town:
  • Hyena
  • Syn
  • Marmot
  • Sloonei
  • Nutella

please

because i asked nicely
Acceptable.

This list feels pretty good actually. Nutella at some point is going to be like "eh maybe Tutuu is actually mafia", make her own case, push Tutuu and I'll have to remind her how I caught Tutuu here but she actually won't care.
Yeah probably
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

made/nook w/w

:ponder:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 am

Yes
Mac is half-assing his prodding around. I feel like he's trying to make it look like that he's trying to get people to react to him (hence why I was saying he was trying to impersonate me), but isn't actually trying to since his bait is not believable. Like compare his accusations to the one I made against you -- which felt more real/believable to you?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:01 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:46 pm This is twice already that you’ve responded to token SlooneiProds by telling me essentially to knock it off. That’s not always an unfair response. My questions can be overbearing, and sometimes that’s partially the point. It was the first time. But this time I feel like I am asking a pair of straightforward and reasonable questions as part of an early dialogue in the game. I do not think my questions are vague at all, and I am not trying to be difficult.

yea well i responded already in small chunks of posts after this, i pinged u
And I’m addressing part of that response here. This is not me trying to grill you, it is me trying to better understand your point of view.
well i am also not trying to be difficult slooni or avoid interacting u or telling u to shoo off

from my point of view i have answered all of your questions, thats the truth

we're clearly miscommunicating but i yeah fmpov i answered everything
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol Nutella is pretty much just a wolf

That was my autotext btw
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:10 am

Yes
Mac is half-assing his prodding around. I feel like he's trying to make it look like that he's trying to get people to react to him (hence why I was saying he was trying to impersonate me), but isn't actually trying to since his bait is not believable. Like compare his accusations to the one I made against you -- which felt more real/believable to you?
I am townreading you because your reads are so bad. So keep giving horrible reads like this for our own benefit.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 am

Probably getting close to having the royal flush of things that caught mafia do to spew themselves scum.
if you are town you are just tunneled and you want to catch me as scum because u will feel good about it and/or ur afraid of trusting me after my last 2 scum games

but yah, im just town. shrug!
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am

Yes
I am townreading you because your reads are so bad. So keep giving horrible reads like this for our own benefit.
This is how I normally get townread. :3
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Thunal33 lock mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nanook town, Made mafia.

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:07 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 am

made/nook w/w

Don’t be mad bb
wtf, don't bus me day one asshat
I literally cannot help myself
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think mac and michelle are the same as the poe narrows there's no reason for me to push it back to you as I am very interested in the position and would like to know if you have any other questions

[more predictive text sorry this is too fun lmao I'll stop now]
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 am I think mac and michelle are the same as the poe narrows there's no reason for me to push it back to you as I am very interested in the position and would like to know if you have any other questions

[more predictive text sorry this is too fun lmao I'll stop now]
i enjoy it!
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 338

Post by 112 »

Syn's hanging out in the background. Is this normal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 am

if you are town you are just tunneled and you want to catch me as scum because u will feel good about it and/or ur afraid of trusting me after my last 2 scum games

but yah, im just town. shrug!
yahhh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am

Yes
This is how I normally get townread. :3
so you know to mimic it as mafia yes?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 am Nanook town, Made mafia.
maybe.gif
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

no i'm not
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:53 pm Actually, for real? Let's do a cat alliance. It can be similar to the X Cult from MU Champs S6W1. We just need to figure out how to subtly signal each other our PR roles and what not.
My role is cat. My abilities are cat. My wincon is to sleep 16 hours a day.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

112 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 am Syn's hanging out in the background. Is this normal?
yeah hes shy you should offer him one of ur cookies
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:16 am
Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:53 pm Actually, for real? Let's do a cat alliance. It can be similar to the X Cult from MU Champs S6W1. We just need to figure out how to subtly signal each other our PR roles and what not.
goals
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:15 am
no i'm not
hmm yes, yes you are
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

god thats the dream
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:16 am
goals
nvm made v
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 pm Mac is mafia, actually.
Why do you think that?
ImageImage
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 338

Post by 112 »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:16 am
112 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:14 am Syn's hanging out in the background. Is this normal?
yeah hes shy you should offer him one of ur cookies
i don't have any capacity for empathy so no
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Last
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”