67%

Total votes: 15
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: Spider-verse Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by falcon45ca »

G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:26 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm Here's something.

You over explain.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm Now gimme 500 words telling me why that's a bad reason.

Retractions, corrections, and doubling back are not things that I care to engage in. You see, I like to be clear about expressing what I think at any given time, so I am cautious when going through the process if construction a sentence. When writing anything of considerable substance, my proofreading and revision process is quite formidable. Whether it be an original and organic statement, a declaration, an interrogative piece, a response, or even a quick and snappy retort, I want it to convey as close to my exact intention as possible.

This is a difficult thing to accomplish in a situation such as this, given that we are not in each other’s presence to hear the precise intonation of each other’s words and the personality behind them. What we are left with is a suboptimal exchange wherein we impart our own imagined intonations, accents, and diction upon the words of each person playing this game. It is bad enough that we all possess our own individual biases when it comes to phraseology, definitions, and cultural vernacular, but the inability to hear how such words are meant to be conveyed impedes clarity of communication.

If a statement or post of mine over-explains something, it is suggested that I said more than I needed to in that particular moment. But, as I explained above, my process of posting is deliberate, and not just because I hold prescriptivist views on grammar, syntax, and word choice. How then is it possible for me to over-explain something when my proofreading and revising process results in a post that contains every word that I hold to be necessary for proper thought expression so as to not be misunderstood? I think the problem may reside in a difference in definitions of the word ‘over-explain,’ which sets us on the slippery slope of communicative relativism.

Your accusation against me took me by surprise, considering I have a post count that is below both the median and the average for players in this game. How can someone be guilty of posting so little and yet posting ‘too much’ at the same time? I looked back through my ISO, and I disagree with your assessment of my posts. Only one of my posts is lengthy enough due to my own words to occupy more space than what my iPhone screen can display. That was the post in which I provided the group with the correct Day 2 votes, so it is farcical to say that post too much.

Do you maintain that even in my posts of but two or three short paragraphs that I am over-explaining? As stated before, my posts contain every word I intend them to. In fact, since the burden of proof is on the accuser, I challenge you to provide me in-game examples of me over-explaining. Please begin by sharing your definition of the word ‘over-explain’ and all of its derivatives. Once established, we can review the posts that you believe prove me guilty.
You misspelled the word 'of' in your sentence about how carefully you construct your sentences.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 143

Post by reywaS »

Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:03 pm I believe you @reywaS, but there were some better options.
You are absolutely right. Probably a missed opportunity not to use the spiderman2099 power.

It was not the best use of my ability. I know better now.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1205
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Unironically gman is sus for jumping at the opportunity to write an essay due to radish prompting him

Like yeah it's a joke but a very scummy one bc it's an excuse to waste time on that instead of anything productive or solvey
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 237

Post by Master Radishes »

Ngl I have tl;dr'd that GMan post and I feel bad for it but not bad enough to read it.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm Ngl I have tl;dr'd that GMan post and I feel bad for it but not bad enough to read it.
It's not very concise, he repeats himself more than once, and the whole thing is quite verbose. Perfect for a wolf to pretend they're solving.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

You over explain.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:01 pm Now gimme 500 words telling me why that's a bad reason.

Retractions, corrections, and doubling back are not things that I care to engage in. You see, I like to be clear about expressing what I think at any given time, so I am cautious when going through the process if construction a sentence. When writing anything of considerable substance, my proofreading and revision process is quite formidable. Whether it be an original and organic statement, a declaration, an interrogative piece, a response, or even a quick and snappy retort, I want it to convey as close to my exact intention as possible.

This is a difficult thing to accomplish in a situation such as this, given that we are not in each other’s presence to hear the precise intonation of each other’s words and the personality behind them. What we are left with is a suboptimal exchange wherein we impart our own imagined intonations, accents, and diction upon the words of each person playing this game. It is bad enough that we all possess our own individual biases when it comes to phraseology, definitions, and cultural vernacular, but the inability to hear how such words are meant to be conveyed impedes clarity of communication.

If a statement or post of mine over-explains something, it is suggested that I said more than I needed to in that particular moment. But, as I explained above, my process of posting is deliberate, and not just because I hold prescriptivist views on grammar, syntax, and word choice. How then is it possible for me to over-explain something when my proofreading and revising process results in a post that contains every word that I hold to be necessary for proper thought expression so as to not be misunderstood? I think the problem may reside in a difference in definitions of the word ‘over-explain,’ which sets us on the slippery slope of communicative relativism.

Your accusation against me took me by surprise, considering I have a post count that is below both the median and the average for players in this game. How can someone be guilty of posting so little and yet posting ‘too much’ at the same time? I looked back through my ISO, and I disagree with your assessment of my posts. Only one of my posts is lengthy enough due to my own words to occupy more space than what my iPhone screen can display. That was the post in which I provided the group with the correct Day 2 votes, so it is farcical to say that post too much.

Do you maintain that even in my posts of but two or three short paragraphs that I am over-explaining? As stated before, my posts contain every word I intend them to. In fact, since the burden of proof is on the accuser, I challenge you to provide me in-game examples of me over-explaining. Please begin by sharing your definition of the word ‘over-explain’ and all of its derivatives. Once established, we can review the posts that you believe prove me guilty.
You did it. You crazy sunuvabitch you did it.
Some day, Some day
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:42 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:37 pm Ngl I have tl;dr'd that GMan post and I feel bad for it but not bad enough to read it.
It's not very concise, he repeats himself more than once, and the whole thing is quite verbose. Perfect for a wolf to pretend they're solving.
I apologize if he's not, but I'm pretty sure he's just memeing falcon

like people don't say Cultural Vernacular and mean it, right?

Right???
Pov: you reading my takes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:49 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:42 pm
I apologize if he's not, but I'm pretty sure he's just memeing falcon

like people don't say Cultural Vernacular and mean it, right?

Right???
I try to use the phrase cultural vernacular in every conversation at least once
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Does that mean slang? Sounds like slang. Pretentious shit
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

If he’s meming that’s a bad use of words considering errbody on his arse
Some day, Some day
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm Does that mean slang? Sounds like slang. Pretentious shit
The word pretentious is pretentious
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Try using instead 'fancy schmancy"

Like "Damn, that's some fancy schmancy shit"
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 pm ight, lets go for it
@Guillotine if hammer doesn't end day, we should Hammer g-man
Hammer ends the day bro.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

huh. well that's lame
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:55 pm
reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm Does that mean slang? Sounds like slang. Pretentious shit
The word pretentious is pretentious
It kinda is isn’t it
Some day, Some day
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

You over explain.

Is this fluff or are you intentionally trolling MR?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:58 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 pm ight, lets go for it
@Guillotine if hammer doesn't end day, we should Hammer g-man
Hammer ends the day bro.
I prayed for a day vig as a prize but meh, something is better than nothing.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Master Radishes
Hitman

Guillotine wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:01 pm Is this fluff or are you intentionally trolling MR?
Seems like a bunch of cultural vernacular to me. :disappoint:

(He's obviously trolling me.)
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm Guillo, if you hammer anyone other than gman and we flip gman and he's scum, I'm blasting you into oblivion because you'd either be obviously gmans teammate or just such a negatiy utility townie as to be a liability.
Hmmm. Ok. You have to be town to openly threaten me like that knowing i got a MFing hammer.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Im off to work.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

[VOTE: G-man] aubergine
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

vote record
No votes

Voters: None

chardonnay
No votes

DaisyCloud
No votes

DaughterOfOmega
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Esooa
No votes

falcon45ca
No votes

G-Man
39%

Voters: Epignosis, chardonnay, falcon45ca, nutella, Made, reywaS, Jackofhearts2005

Grogu
No votes

Guillotine
No votes

Jackofhearts2005
11%

Voters: Esooa, 112

Kylemii
No votes

KZA
No votes

LordQuas
No votes

MacDougall
No votes

Made
No votes

Marmot
No votes

Master Radishes
No votes

nutella
No votes

reywaS
No votes

Seanzie
11%

Voters: MacDougall, Guillotine

No vote
17%

Voters: KZA, DaisyCloud, Seanzie

Host/dead/non
22%

Voters: dunya, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay, dyachei

Total votes: 18
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1011

Post by MacDougall »

Day 5. Still sick.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:16 pm Day 5. Still sick.
Love you man. Eat your soup-- wait, no
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lolll
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:40 pm Guillo, if you hammer anyone other than gman and we flip gman and he's scum, I'm blasting you into oblivion because you'd either be obviously gmans teammate or just such a negatiy utility townie as to be a liability.
Lol how the turn tables
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 196

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:09 pm Did 112 out her track again btw? Just remembered that.
someone messed with it so i didn't get one
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Excuse my ignorance but will someone remind me off all the Michelle voters in her lynch?
Some day, Some day
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 421

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Rey, there are screenshots on the first page

It says POLLS click the spoiler
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Oh thanks
Some day, Some day
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

5650 or maybe 6550
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Well, it feels like the mafia aren't as active now
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:08 pmOh thanks
that poll isn't accurate. Look at g-man's post for most accurate poll
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Spider-verse Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Kylemii »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:28 am
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:27 am yeah @radish I am considering kyle more towny than not for today. jack and gman are my priorities rn
Counterpoint: I really want the zentell to be true.
:zen:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:28 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 am
reywaS wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 pm Kyle reads scummy to me. Unless his style has changed this is not
Town Kyle IMO.
this post is a betrayal the likes of which have never been seen before, but reywas is probably still town
I is sorry. :bighug: I have nothing but love for the Kyle.
:hug: i missed you, punk
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:25 am People voting off the two main wagons ultra sus.

Unless the person wasn't present in the final hours then they are deliberately refusing to commit to a stance.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:17 pm
reywaS wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:28 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 am
reywaS wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:16 pm Kyle reads scummy to me. Unless his style has changed this is not
Town Kyle IMO.
this post is a betrayal the likes of which have never been seen before, but reywas is probably still town
I is sorry. :bighug: I have nothing but love for the Kyle.
:hug: i missed you, punk
Aww. Right back at you buddy
Some day, Some day
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 453
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

You guys made me too comfortable by town reading me

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

btw KZA is going to probably be one of the last wolves we will have to kill
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

for that reason, i am going to vote for [VOTE: GMan] aubergine at this time, but i am willing to be swayed.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

GL to the people voting Gman
Master Radishes
Hitman

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:39 pm btw KZA is going to probably be one of the last wolves we will have to kill
Dunno how many times I have to say this.

Kaz is not a wolf. Ever.

Put my in F3 with him and I would vote myself before him.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:45 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:39 pm btw KZA is going to probably be one of the last wolves we will have to kill
Dunno how many times I have to say this.

Kaz is not a wolf. Ever.

Put my in F3 with him and I would vote myself before him.
MR is the second to last mafia we need to kill
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

doom pls

kza town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 373

Post by LordQuas »

good morning folks
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

LordQuas wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm good morning folks
Quas die
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:50 pm
LordQuas wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:49 pm good morning folks
Quas die
would if i could
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i missed u quas
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LordQuas
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LordQuas »

hey i pushed michelle earlier then others i'm very clearly at least somewhat townsiding

Return to “Previous Jobs”