Made Man
Posts in topic: 1359
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by Michelle »

Bbl
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Also regarding Nutella, I will admit that she actually tends to openly scumread me more when she's town. When she's been scum in games I've played with her, she tends to go for pocketing me, or just being friendly in general to me without much game talk.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

@tutuu can you maybe help me out. Is there something about the way you're playing here compared to normal that would justify me being so wrong about you in this game?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:58 am Also regarding Nutella, I will admit that she actually tends to openly scumread me more when she's town. When she's been scum in games I've played with her, she tends to go for pocketing me, or just being friendly in general to me without much game talk.
Okay so what was your thought about the thing you asked me to look at?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Master Radishes what's the 112 vote about?
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Post by Master Radishes »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 am I still think Nanook has high chance of flipping mafia here. 112 also feels very different to what I am used to.

It's particularly tweaking me out to note that Nook, Tutuu and Nutella are the people I would feel most confident finding as town if they were. I don't really have a history of tunneling these them wrongly. They generally are just billboard town to me when they are town and if I do tinfoil them wrongly it tends to be after a few days and some wolf flips.
I agree with all of this and I don't know what to make of that.
cat
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 39

Post by cat »

Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:52 pm So, it's kinda early in the day considering we still have about 48 hours left in the day, but I feel like this is a good time to say this:

I am a PR who can probably easily confirm myself. :P I'll go into more details if you guys want, but what I'm saying is that I'm probably not a good place to go as far as a d1 yeet (or any day yeet) goes.
:meany: Boooo.
How does your claim confirm you anyway? You talk to dead people. No one can prove or disprove it.
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 pm yo, how does town normally win multiball set ups?

like when town wins is it normaly just mafia dogging it out and town surviving or Towncore flanking both sides? what's the trick here? Ofc town always needs to baddie hunt or w/e but so do the wolves. What does town need to do that scum doesn't?
Town wins by doing nothing.
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:13 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:57 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:56 pm is omgus typically a town thing or a mafia thing? if it's a mafia thing, it's something that wouldn't be effected too much by the whole 2 teams dynamics, which makes it a really reliable way to scum hunt compared to finding people scum based on their reads. Shitty reads probably isn't the way to find scum until we think we've hit a pair
nai
lame
Why did you intentionally play scummy?
Trying to increase my town range
This is so dumb i kinda believe it.
[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman

^Except tutuu - I haven't made any effort to sort her yet.
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

Wait ignore it i can't read. Sorry i got it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am
Hyena wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:52 pm So, it's kinda early in the day considering we still have about 48 hours left in the day, but I feel like this is a good time to say this:

I am a PR who can probably easily confirm myself. :P I'll go into more details if you guys want, but what I'm saying is that I'm probably not a good place to go as far as a d1 yeet (or any day yeet) goes.
How does your claim confirm you anyway? You talk to dead people. No one can prove or disprove it.
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:02 pm yo, how does town normally win multiball set ups?

like when town wins is it normaly just mafia dogging it out and town surviving or Towncore flanking both sides? what's the trick here? Ofc town always needs to baddie hunt or w/e but so do the wolves. What does town need to do that scum doesn't?
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:56 pm is omgus typically a town thing or a mafia thing? if it's a mafia thing, it's something that wouldn't be effected too much by the whole 2 teams dynamics, which makes it a really reliable way to scum hunt compared to finding people scum based on their reads. Shitty reads probably isn't the way to find scum until we think we've hit a pair
nai
lame
Got words to go with that Nut vote?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nai
lame
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Master Radishes what's the 112 vote about?
Wrote this a little ways back:
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 am On a different note I need to again reiterate that 112 is probably scum.

She TRed me in the midst of a thread-wide SR of me a few pages back and for no good reason except 'meta'. As much as it's correct and I appreciate a friend, I would only accept that sort of hipfire judgement from her if she was more engaged in the game / was having more of an impact leading the flow of discussion. When 112 is in the zone she has great intuition about people and won't be afraid to drop a non-consensus take or three; when she's scum she tries to mimic that style but tends to feel more reserved in her posting.

Again dunno if I'm really expressing what I mean to express. It's morning and my brain isn't working at full capacity and I'm not isoing anyone I'm talking about to double check my feelings because this game is not my priority right now.
Basically how she's handled me feels like she's pocketing me to avoid dealing with my scrutiny, and is in general playing without investment in what's happening but like she's trying to mimic her usual wild style.

There was also her giving a v/v read to me and Nutella arguing.

Nanook sheeped me without explanation. I called it w/w at the time half-jokingly (but only half).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh I just realised something. Y'all talking about Hyena's role like it was the Pirate role. It's just DDL's role from U-Pick. Which was a scum role. DDL early claimed it and used it to live the longest of all the mafia. The role was literally a scum role in U-Pick.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 am
Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:58 am Also regarding Nutella, I will admit that she actually tends to openly scumread me more when she's town. When she's been scum in games I've played with her, she tends to go for pocketing me, or just being friendly in general to me without much game talk.
Well, like, you're suggesting that Nutella is scum, but outside of maybe the posts I quoted, I haven't really had any reason to feel skeptical about Nutella. I'm trying to see what you see.
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

Syn is still not being townie either.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Master Radishes what's the 112 vote about?
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:25 am On a different note I need to again reiterate that 112 is probably scum.

She TRed me in the midst of a thread-wide SR of me a few pages back and for no good reason except 'meta'. As much as it's correct and I appreciate a friend, I would only accept that sort of hipfire judgement from her if she was more engaged in the game / was having more of an impact leading the flow of discussion. When 112 is in the zone she has great intuition about people and won't be afraid to drop a non-consensus take or three; when she's scum she tries to mimic that style but tends to feel more reserved in her posting.

Again dunno if I'm really expressing what I mean to express. It's morning and my brain isn't working at full capacity and I'm not isoing anyone I'm talking about to double check my feelings because this game is not my priority right now.
Basically how she's handled me feels like she's pocketing me to avoid dealing with my scrutiny, and is in general playing without investment in what's happening but like she's trying to mimic her usual wild style.

Nanook sheeped me without explanation. I called it w/w at the time half-jokingly (but only half).
Nanook sheeping without explanation is on brand for Nanook.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 am
Well, like, you're suggesting that Nutella is scum, but outside of maybe the posts I quoted, I haven't really had any reason to feel skeptical about Nutella. I'm trying to see what you see.
That's not really an answer. Or are you saying that you felt like the way she dealt with you was towny?
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 am
I'm sheeping the radishes post and my own dislike of nutella's earlygame.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I don't talk to dead people. o: I let alive players talk to dead people.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is one of the more well constructed arguments I've seen in the game so far, and yet MR only got support from one person and seems to have caught a wagon of his own after having pushed it. Doesn't make his voters look good to me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 am
That's not really an answer. Or are you saying that you felt like the way she dealt with you was towny?
Apparently, I'm bad at giving straight answers right now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 am
I find the timing of it opportunistic. And the fact that you dropped it off topic in a small wallpost containing other things is >rand mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Michelle how strong is your Master Radishes read?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 am
Let's go with "I now feel the way she deal with me was towny"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Thunal33 you find yourself on a wagon formation that I am skeptical of, again. Keep that up and you'll get my vote sooner or later lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:11 am
How did you feel about when you brought it up?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: 112] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 am

This is one of the more well constructed arguments I've seen in the game so far, and yet MR only got support from one person and seems to have caught a wagon of his own after having pushed it. Doesn't make his voters look good to me.
Just gonna note that if you're pocketing me I don't even mind.

Also tbf the wagon on me started earlier than this.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:12 am
I didn't like it. But then I thought about it while I was bringing it up.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:05 am

Nanook sheeping without explanation is on brand for Nanook.
There was something about that pinged me. Lemme go see.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am

Which of the current voters have voted for you since you made this post?
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 am
I find the timing of it opportunistic. And the fact that you dropped it off topic in a small wallpost containing other things is >rand mafia.
How does it make you feel about Nutella?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:12 am

I didn't like it. But then I thought about it while I was bringing it up.
Permissable.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 am
How does it make you feel about Nutella?
Slightly better.
Master Radishes
Hitman

@MacDougall
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:29 am I’ll sheep that
He had just popped into thread and my case on 112 was the most recent one.

It felt he was mimicking his usual /shrug/ style.
Master Radishes
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:13 am

Which of the current voters have voted for you since you made this post?
I think just Nutella? And tutuu but then she left my wagon immediately.

But I haven't been keeping track.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:15 am @MacDougall
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:29 am I’ll sheep that
He had just popped into thread and my case on 112 was the most recent one.

It felt he was mimicking his usual /shrug/ style.
It's probably ok for him. I would give him a pass for that and put that paranoia into a paranoia jar to be opened at a later moment with the other paranoia lollies.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Radishes how do you feel about Dizzy's fourteen posts?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 312
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I’m sheeping radishes read, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:57 am I still think Nanook has high chance of flipping mafia here. 112 also feels very different to what I am used to.

It's particularly tweaking me out to note that Nook, Tutuu and Nutella are the people I would feel most confident finding as town if they were. I don't really have a history of tunneling these them wrongly. They generally are just billboard town to me when they are town and if I do tinfoil them wrongly it tends to be after a few days and some wolf flips.
I dont think that Mac being able to read me has any significance on my alignment :p

You did manage to find me as town every game before I started randing scum, everyone gave me free townreads then; you were then waffly when I started randing scum so that could explain why you're struggling to read me. Look at what Nook says that he doesn't think he can read me anymore - I think that's the honest thing to say
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am
He really did. Do you find it equally interesting as I do that Radishes has eaten a wagon given that Radishes has actually been rather sound of mind?

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:19 am
He really did. Do you find it equally interesting as I do that Radishes has eaten a wagon given that Radishes has actually been rather sound of mind?
Eaten a wagon? What?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anyways I think radishes gets run up a lot D1 so radishes being run up D1 isn’t particularly eyebrow raising to me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:18 pm Players ranked by best to worst name for a dog

MacDougall
Michelle
Sloonei
TurnipHead
DrWilgy
Alison
Tutuu
Master Radishes
TonyStarkPrime
Nutella
Sig
Dyslexicon
Syn
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
Timsup2nothin
Long Con
Thunal33
Made
falcon45ca
MartinGG99
JustPlayingitcool
Hyena
Cat
Marmot
Oh man suddenly a repressed memory from my early twenties. I briefly had a puppy named Dougall MacDougall. He was so cute and lovely. He sadly lost his life to a car while in the care of someone else. Poor lil guy.

RIP Dougall.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:20 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:19 am
Eaten a wagon? What?
It's just flowery prose Nanook. I'm just referring to him being wagoned.

And to your point, he does, but he also usually deserves to be.

Eh

Idk I’ll take your word for it

I have no ability to read radishes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You seem uncomfortable in the thread in this game.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 am @tutuu can you maybe help me out. Is there something about the way you're playing here compared to normal that would justify me being so wrong about you in this game?
I think that since your last 2 experiences with me have been me being scum and you being town and you waffling between townreading me and scumreading me both times (ending your day 1 before ur death with a townread both times) leads you to be extra paranoid about me

Thats probably okay, youre adjusting to the fact that im not a newbie player that cant play scum and manipulate people which you perhaps thought I am

I dont know what advice to give on how to read me. I think my reads have substance and I'm more serious or at least when I'm serious I'm writing more than one liners. Whereas when I was scum I relied on fluff posting more often and when I was serious I struggled to write long posts. Made described my gameplay fairly well despite reaching a long conclusion due to him forgetting a game he was with me in

I kind of am in some ways I guess

I mean I’m comfortable in the sense I’m having fun

But I don’t really feel like I have a super strong grasp on the game or enough time to thread sit and get a super strong grasp of it

Which is fine this just isn’t going to be a “nanook locks half the game D1 right or wrong” game

So yeah I could see how that translates as looking like I’m uncomfortable

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”