Magic the Gathering Mafia - Game Over - Mafia has won!

Moderator: Community Team

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 270

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 1

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 pm Can you spell out your reason for suspecting me falcon?
Sure.

You not reading your role card or game mech, despite showing a good understanding of the game w/ your knowledge of mana colour system pinged me first.

Followed up by drive by town cred, then obvs town posts. Bolas calls you into question, and your response struck me as deflection/hiding in plain sight w/ "yes, turbo immed"

Your refusal/ignoring of my asking you several times to give a read on me...at that stage of the game I wasn't a wagon, you only give your scum read on me later when its safe to do so cuz others have.

Your WIFOM post re: encouraging everyone to scum read you. Other posts claiming to be a wolf, its like youre using the tactic "nobody suspects scum to say they're scum, so they'll town read me off it"

Post #661, you think Urist is town for his Guillo take, and a post you don't mention that comes from town mindset, but now he's top scum for you? And the only thing that I can see you ever mention changing is that you disagree with his opinion of why I'm town.

You have LC in the same boat as Enrique, a player who's posted over 60 times and another who hasn't posted. Green Light Wilgy with 16 posts.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 pm
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:53 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am I dont think scum have lands. Because they could just give mana to a player of their choice who they really wanna kill for sure and target it with kill the fool.
How do they get mana for their artifacts then?
I dont know, but it makes no bloody sense that they can kill someone with an anti-claim mechanic they can control, that is 100% not counterable.

Maybe there's enough power in civilian cards to counter some of the damage. The Wolf Pack card is counterable, even if the Pity the Fool isn't.
"hmmmm" emoji here
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 pm
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am I dont think scum have lands. Because they could just give mana to a player of their choice who they really wanna kill for sure and target it with kill the fool.
I dont know, but it makes no bloody sense that they can kill someone with an anti-claim mechanic they can control, that is 100% not counterable.

Maybe there's enough power in civilian cards to counter some of the damage. The Wolf Pack card is counterable, even if the Pity the Fool isn't.
"hmmmm" emoji here

I'm not saying I have such power, avert your eyes mafia! I'm just saying that that it likely the case considering the firepower the scum have.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:09 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:03 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:57 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:22 am @falcon45ca what’s your read of Made?
I've said it several times, and called him out several times as well. Check the ISO, you ignoring that is selective reading perhaps?

He's scum in my book

Here is a compilation of every time you mentioned Made.

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:03 pm Image

wuzz poppin
Off theme playing card gif?

83% chance Scum
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:39 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:27 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:03 pm Image

wuzz poppin
Off theme playing card gif?

83% chance Scum
>I play a card face down in defense mode and end my turn
Is that a Pokemon card game reference?

Anybody remember POG?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:24 pm I see Made dropped a vote on me for no reason given, then removed said vote for also no reasons given.

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:49 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:46 pm I am willing to trade my vote for 3 mana. would any like to take me up on that?
Seems a good way to get targeted with the Punish the Fool card
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:24 pm I see Made dropped a vote on me for no reason given, then removed said vote for also no reasons given.

@Made why do this?

PS MtG > Yu-Go-Blow
hi, reading through your iso, sorry if removing my vote was stressed you out, you can have it back <3

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
You gonna give a reason for this vote, or is it another Yu-Go-Blow tactic?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:03 pm Falcon, when was your last scum game? have we ever played where I was town and you were scum?
I have never been scum on Syndicate.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:15 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:06 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 pm
Made wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:03 pm Falcon, when was your last scum game? have we ever played where I was town and you were scum?
I have never been scum on Syndicate.
huh, okay, yeah, cuz i feel like i'm reading a different player. You're still goofy as per usual, but you seem more goal oriented than I've seen you in the past. Would you agree with that take?
You're asking me to give reads on myself?

I guess I'd agree that I'm more focused than the Champs game, as I said in that one I had a hard time getting going. Similar story with Spiderverse.

I feel I'm as focused as I was in Fallout tho, so I dunno. I guess the take is somewhat fair

The only time you called him scum is in the very first post, which looked like a joke anyway. So no, your read on him was not clear to me.
Do any of the other posts look like I changed my read?

Call him out for voting for no reason, twice, call him out for his Mana trade post.

Where oh where do you see me town read him?

Calling people out =/= scumreading them.

Also, your call-out of his mana trade post couldn't be a scumread, because you were pointing out the dangers of the Pity the Fool card.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying. Would you yeet him today?
I find Made specifically commenting on trading Mana for votes with a player extremely scummy, even if he's joking. That proposal completely takes the "whack a mole" element out of the wolves using PtF.

Yes I would. I would lynch any one of my scum reads today
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:25 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:00 pm Can you spell out your reason for suspecting me falcon?
Sure.

You not reading your role card or game mech, despite showing a good understanding of the game w/ your knowledge of mana colour system pinged me first.

Followed up by drive by town cred, then obvs town posts. Bolas calls you into question, and your response struck me as deflection/hiding in plain sight w/ "yes, turbo immed"

Your refusal/ignoring of my asking you several times to give a read on me...at that stage of the game I wasn't a wagon, you only give your scum read on me later when its safe to do so cuz others have.

Your WIFOM post re: encouraging everyone to scum read you. Other posts claiming to be a wolf, its like youre using the tactic "nobody suspects scum to say they're scum, so they'll town read me off it"

Post #661, you think Urist is town for his Guillo take, and a post you don't mention that comes from town mindset, but now he's top scum for you? And the only thing that I can see you ever mention changing is that you disagree with his opinion of why I'm town.

You have LC in the same boat as Enrique, a player who's posted over 60 times and another who hasn't posted. Green Light Wilgy with 16 posts.
I don't really see how my having years of experience playing MTG coupled with procrastinating reading up on game mech are related.

I missed where you asked me to give a read on you, but I guess once it reaches a certain point, I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't in your eyes right? :shrug:

I'd forgotten about that post. I remember the one I was talking about, but Urist's vote post was enough to sway me the other way.

I explained that section of my rainbow was a combination of players with little/no content and players who I haven't interacted with, and you know this because you even mentioned that point in one of your own posts. Enrique obviously has no content, and LC I haven't interacted with. There's no association aside from the color and I'm not sure why you're seeing it as such.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:25 pm
Sure.

I don't really see how my having years of experience playing MTG coupled with procrastinating reading up on game mech are related.

I missed where you asked me to give a read on you, but I guess once it reaches a certain point, I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't in your eyes right? :shrug:

I'd forgotten about that post. I remember the one I was talking about, but Urist's vote post was enough to sway me the other way.

I explained that section of my rainbow was a combination of players with little/no content and players who I haven't interacted with, and you know this because you even mentioned that point in one of your own posts. Enrique obviously has no content, and LC I haven't interacted with. There's no association aside from the color and I'm not sure why you're seeing it as such.
EZ. Since you have said experience, it follows you'd be excited about the theme, and what your card does. You not doing so and taking the time to point that out struck me as odd.

No, you're not "damned if you do, if you don't" Why would you assume that? Is that actually the way you feel about me, and you're projecting?

Ok, fair enough your read on Urist changed. I don't see how that post did that, but it's your read, not mine.

Are you only able to form reads who you interact with? I do have trouble seeing how a player with 0 posts and one with 62 are both null, regardless of your own personal interaction. That's just me tho.

You asked for my reasons for suspecting you, and I've given them. Even if you disagree with them, can you see that I do have reasons and that its not plucked from the air?
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 251
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:51 pm
Are you only able to form reads who you interact with? I do have trouble seeing how a player with 0 posts and one with 62 are both null, regardless of your own personal interaction. That's just me tho.
I dont know about Marmot, but there are two kinds of nulls to me.

1) The ones that have barely contributed to the thread that there is no basis to have an alignment read on.

2) The ones that do post but leave you with mix feelings and you dont know where to place them.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm

1) The ones that have barely contributed to the thread that there is no basis to have an alignment read on.

2) The ones that do post but leave you with mix feelings and you dont know where to place them.
I get that too, and perhaps that's what Marmot's take is. I guess I'd rather hedexplain that instead of you.

@Marmot is that how you feel about LC?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:31 pm

"hmmmm" emoji here

I'm not saying I have such power, avert your eyes mafia! I'm just saying that that it likely the case considering the firepower the scum have.
it was more a 'hmm' about the previous comments in the chain
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:11 pm

"hmmmm" emoji here

Guillo's post? What kind of hmmmmmm does it give you?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't need players to be here and have interactions with them to form a read on them, no. But it helps. I find it more memorable that way. Made has few posts, but I didn't like his responses. Long Con might have many posts, but I haven't really been around for any of them, nor have I taken the time to read his iso, so he's null right now. Drwilgy does have very few posts, but I've explained my read on him already, he's done more in those posts than I'd expect him to as scum.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:11 pm

"hmmmm" emoji here

Guillo's post? What kind of hmmmmmm does it give you?
still figuring that out but I'll get back to you
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm happy to give LC a lookover, but he seems to be an unlikely yeet candidate, so I'll see what time allows.

I'll be back later. As of this post, I only have 7 posts until cap, so I need to slow down a bit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 349

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 0

Post by hollowkatt »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:48 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:30 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:20 am left them out because they're yhour TEAMMATES huh? punk?
I wiish!!!

I read ted's iso. He's had more to say about mech than anything else, but his tone and comfort are good. I'd lean town, so would prefer to yeet elsewhere today.

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:12 pm dumb reads d0 that i shouldn't care to formulate

but hk's "is it just me or is esooa super wordy" feels off, not sure if it does for anyone else

not gonna write a bunch of words on it because i'm not sure if it's anything yet, but maybe it inspires something in someone
I'd like more words when you get a chance ted on this hk read, but I do like the tone in this post, particularly line 1.
just read page 6 and page 7 and see if hk's handling of esooa makes any sense

on bottom of page 6 he was talking to esooa as if he was town reading her and then he makes that wolfy post from a mindset of suspecting her

seemed like a TMI slip from a woalf that doesn't know how to handle his targets although he knows being aggressive and pushing your reads is looked at as villagery, but can't actually deliver.

i mean, he says a few reasons for why esooa is a wolf, then he makes this post
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 am
Nicol Bolas wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:15 am
Nicol Bolas wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:04 am
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:09 am distrustful of bolesooa and ajanitina atm
@hollowkatt

care to explain this post from earlier?
yeah, the amount of times you were talking about your mana needs gave me the willies. guillotina I dunno, I have a hard time reading reaction images and some of the reactions didn't seem to fit some of the posts.

Like ok, all of us have mana abilities (I assume) so yeah, mana and mana management are going to be things this game, plus wolves have an ability to nuke someone based on the amount of mana they gain during a day phase, so! someone who's openly talking about mana needs either has no fear (which is possible) OR they're a wolf and know they aren't getting nuked (also possible)
I have an ability which as explained can literally not be used without me being given a specific kind of mana

do you expect me to just do nothing with my ability or land this game?

Because that doesn't seem very useful to me.

So I decided to ask about how we will figure out things like Mana distribution among town

This post really doesn't sit well with me because it's lacking so many things. HK doesn't seem to consider the usefulness in giving some amount of coordination to town, HK doesn't see the usefulness in me giving information to town that I believe helps us inform our decisions, HK doesn't look at my posts and see I never asked for Mana and have been saying we shouldn't do that in thread
Esooa is missing massive amounts of what I've said, is ignoring my actual concerns, and continues going on and on about how apparently I don't see her posts.
Gonna be super fun when we're T/T and tunnel each other.

I never said you're asking for mana, I said wolves can nuke you if they know how much you've been given or even have an idea.

I never said don't ask, I never said there isn't usefulness in coordination.
You're putting words into my mouth and twisting things. STAHP DOING THAT.

We'll figure out mana distribution as we continue to play. We don't need to figure that out D0. but whatever, have a dumb tunnel, congrats.
i mean, he's talking to her like she has her as a villager.

and then he made this post?
hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:20 pm Is it just me or is Bolesooa super duper wordy?
doesn't really make much sense, progression wise
The "gonna be super fun when we're T/T and tunnel each other is sarcasm, didn't know I needed to tag it as such.
I did have her as wolfy when I made the first post even saying the t/t tunnel thing. Second post you quote is 100% accurate, she was being super wordy at the time. Dunno why you think the two posts don't jibe with each other.
I think you're reaching here to paint me as having incongruous thoughts regarding Nicol Bolas.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the pity the fool card says right there on it that it only triggers damage with town mana.

meaning the mafia probably have their own lands and mana costs etc etc etc. Mafia guillotine would be accutely aware of having his own lands, and wouldn't have need to make that post (except in situations where it's a silly prank for wifom)
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:48 am it’s already in my iso

[VOTE: hollowkatt ] aubergine
Have you asked, at all, why I wolf read you? You're talking past me as if you already have my alignment determined instead of trying to address me directly. You're talking about me not to me and I think that's shady AF
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:01 pm
Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 pm

I get that too, and perhaps that's what Marmot's take is. I guess I'd rather hedexplain that instead of you.

@Marmot is that how you feel about LC?
Yah absolutely, it was not meant as answer for him.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:21 pm the pity the fool card says right there on it that it only triggers damage with town mana.

meaning the mafia probably have their own lands and mana costs etc etc etc. Mafia guillotine would be accutely aware of having his own lands, and wouldn't have need to make that post (except in situations where it's a silly prank for wifom)
I expecct mafia to have their own lands, I expect them to have their own actions in addition to the stated global wolf actions, and that's part of the reason I wolf read Ted.
He did say earlier that he thought it might be difficult to produce 3 mana.
I know I can produce 3 with ease, and have done so already. It would stand to reason that wolves, being able to better coordinate their mana pools and share with each other, maybe can't produce 3 natively. Therefore extending that to "townies maybe struggle to get to 3 mana" to ME is indicative that Ted is a wolf.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 am DrWilgy may have posted a low number of times, but the content in his posts are not the sort of things I expect from DrWolfy.
What content do you expect then?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am HK, Marmot, Epi, Made, Wilgy are my top suspects ATM
Talk to me about me. Why am I a top suspect? I don't think we've interacted all that much, at least not directly with each other anyways.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

@hollowkatt thoughts on guillotine?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 am I honestly don't scum read Falcon as much as before, but i dont like the alternate option.
What about Urist?

[VOTE: Urist] aubergine
Why don't you scum read Falcon as much any more? I think urist is a fine chop, I really want Ted today. What's your concerns with Urist, and if you've already laid that out that's fine I can go looking.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:24 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:21 pm the pity the fool card says right there on it that it only triggers damage with town mana.

I expecct mafia to have their own lands, I expect them to have their own actions in addition to the stated global wolf actions, and that's part of the reason I wolf read Ted.
I know I can produce 3 with ease, and have done so already. It would stand to reason that wolves, being able to better coordinate their mana pools and share with each other, maybe can't produce 3 natively. Therefore extending that to "townies maybe struggle to get to 3 mana" to ME is indicative that Ted is a wolf.
You think the Maf have actions over and above the artifact cards?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:27 pm @hollowkatt thoughts on guillotine?
I think they're town. Not just b/c of the outburst earlier (though I do read that as genuine townie pissy), but because of the way they're approaching the game. The started a strong wagon vs Falcon, and are now reconsidering that read, even when Falcon is tied in the visible poll. Urist is a fine pursuit for them as well, and I don't think a wolf that has a townie run up to 4 votes like that this close to the end of the day is willing to back off, I think they keep up the pressure and push through the chop.

Lots of what they're saying makes sense to me.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:28 pm

You think the Maf have actions over and above the artifact cards?

I think it would be really weird to have role madness for everyone that isn't a wolf, yes.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

This aligns with my belief that scum cant produce mana, they rely on towns naively giving it to them or maybe syphon it after they killed their target with mana?

If Punish The Fool is an anti-claim mechanic where it can potentially kill someone who receives all 3 mana from someone, i as a host would not give scum land that they can produce mana with, give it to a townie and then target it with punish the fool which cant be blocked.

I think we are the only ones who can produce mana with our lands and they need to figure out who we give mana to so they can use best their punish the fool ability, which means we can just lie about it and make them miss shots!

I gave my three mana to kyle
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:15 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:56 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 am Here's a rainbow before I sleep. The yellow reads are mostly null due to lack of content/interaction.

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
Talk to me about them baddie reads.
Falcon looks like he flinging shit everywhere and seeing what sticks. Thing is, Urist and Made are two players he's not shaded at nearly the same level as many others. From his pov, Made's votes for him are lacking any amount of reason, and should not look good. Falcon's pretty much ignored it (and he's shading me for voting Made)

In addition to the above, I called Made out for his vote, and he said he was stirring shit up. I don't think he was at all, he was just spanking, but trying to make an excuse to look more productive. I believe he and falcon are teammates.

Urist defended falcon in a manner that I think looks contrived. The way Urist asks Epi to explain his read on falcon, and Urist's ensuing townread of falcon (and Ted vote) looks to me like a player who knows falcon's alignment and has his mind made up about how he's handling it.
I believe you believe this read. I might sheep it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[VOTE: Made] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:26 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:28 am HK, Marmot, Epi, Made, Wilgy are my top suspects ATM
Talk to me about me. Why am I a top suspect? I don't think we've interacted all that much, at least not directly with each other anyways.
Your post about "how about we play Mafia?", then when asked for reads you're "I dunno, I'm not paying attention"

When I called you out you support others reads on forming wagons, w/o pursuing your own reads ie. Bola. You asked Guillo his read on Urist and then sheeped it when your push to get a Bola wagon didn't take hold.

You wolf read Urist, ok fine, but when asked later why you just say "wolfy" when its actually you sheeping Guillo it would seem. You say the same for why you're wolf reading me. LC brings up some of these issues with you as well.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:42 pm

This aligns with my belief that scum cant produce mana, they rely on towns naively giving it to them or maybe syphon it after they killed their target with mana?

If Punish The Fool is an anti-claim mechanic where it can potentially kill someone who receives all 3 mana from someone, i as a host would not give scum land that they can produce mana with, give it to a townie and then target it with punish the fool which cant be blocked.

I think we are the only ones who can produce mana with our lands and they need to figure out who we give mana to so they can use best their punish the fool ability, which means we can just lie about it and make them miss shots!

This makes a lot of sense with regards to punish the fool, but I struggle to justify this with role madness yeah? Also, if wolves can't make mana at all they can't ever use their NK card unless town gives them mana, right? I think we have to throw out the idea that wolves can't produce anything, but I do think there's merit in "wolves can't produce much".

otherwise nobody hands any mana out to anyone else, we just chop POE on the daily, and win, right?
Like the Wolf Pack card costs 3 and Tap to activate to deal 10 to a player. That's their NK card. If they can't produce anything at all, they can't NK unless townies give them mana and I don't think that's ever a thing.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

ALSO! on Wolf Pack the cost is reduced for each dead wolf!
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

@falcon45ca what do you think of Macdougall who is just sheeping Dunya?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I think the problem with this is that if no one trades at all, the mafia would just be unable to kill completely, and given the amount of thought our host has put into balance that seems unlikely.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:49 pm
Your post about "how about we play Mafia?", then when asked for reads you're "I dunno, I'm not paying attention"

When I called you out you support others reads on forming wagons, w/o pursuing your own reads ie. Bola. You asked Guillo his read on Urist and then sheeped it when your push to get a Bola wagon didn't take hold.

You wolf read Urist, ok fine, but when asked later why you just say "wolfy" when its actually you sheeping Guillo it would seem. You say the same for why you're wolf reading me. LC brings up some of these issues with you as well.
I'm not wolf reading you and haven't been for like 14ish hours?
I did support Guillotines read and push on you, I thought you were wolfy, till I thought you weren't. I also support a push on Urist. I don't have enough votes to throw around multiples, and I think Ted is highly likely to be a hit here which is why I'm focused there.
I never pushed for a Bolas wagon, that was literally all D0 stuff/comments. I started D1 with suspicions on you and Urist, and then added Ted. Then dropped you, let others talk about Urist b/c I wanted to talk about Ted.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Yeah, but doesn't it take mana to use the PtF card? You can't use it if you give it away.

Both Wolf Pack and PtF cost 3 mana, reduce by 1 for each dead wolf. Lifescope costs no mana but takes life.

4 wolves...if we assume they each have 3 mana, then using their artifacts that only need 6 would be a snap, no problem. They have 12!

Fuck, maybe they only have 2 each, total of 8, so using those artifacts becomes much harder if a wolf dies, ergonthe reduced mana cost.

Yeah, Ted may have slipped there with his "3 mana is hard to get" post.

Thoughts? Too much tin foil?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:56 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:49 pm

I'm not wolf reading you and haven't been for like 14ish hours?
I did support Guillotines read and push on you, I thought you were wolfy, till I thought you weren't. I also support a push on Urist. I don't have enough votes to throw around multiples, and I think Ted is highly likely to be a hit here which is why I'm focused there.
I never pushed for a Bolas wagon, that was literally all D0 stuff/comments. I started D1 with suspicions on you and Urist, and then added Ted. Then dropped you, let others talk about Urist b/c I wanted to talk about Ted.
Yeah, I'm having 2nd thoughts on my scum read of you
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:50 pm

This makes a lot of sense with regards to punish the fool, but I struggle to justify this with role madness yeah? Also, if wolves can't make mana at all they can't ever use their NK card unless town gives them mana, right? I think we have to throw out the idea that wolves can't produce anything, but I do think there's merit in "wolves can't produce much".

otherwise nobody hands any mana out to anyone else, we just chop POE on the daily, and win, right?
Like the Wolf Pack card costs 3 and Tap to activate to deal 10 to a player. That's their NK card. If they can't produce anything at all, they can't NK unless townies give them mana and I don't think that's ever a thing.
If anyone did not hand out mana as an strategy, they can punish the fool on anyone as mana is self applied if the player does not tap lands.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 262

Post by dunya »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm I've given my read on Guillo, and while I found that post of dunya re: my views on kyle's earlier posts false narrative, I find more of her posts to be towny.
still at it. why does a townie post false narrative? are you saying i posted in bad faith? how can you find me townie if you believe that?

btw, be careful, you started the day at 62 posts your limit is 162 till 5pm

@Marmot you're also pretty close to your limit ftr. (also have we lost the "mention" button tag in our update? cos sometimes posting @ and typing doesn't give me a scroll)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:51 pm @falcon45ca what do you think of Macdougall who is just sheeping Dunya?
Honestly, I find Mac very difficult to read, cuz he seems to just sheep someone every game I've played with him
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Ok. Maybe wolves can produce mana, but may not all can or maybe they dont have three lands each, which makes Ted's slip a big ass one.

[VOTE: Ted] aubergine
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:32 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:18 pm @Kylemii have you read falcon today? has your opinion on how he interacted with you felt the same?
basically nothing has changed. the fact that he's done absolutely nothing with his read reinforces that it's something he doesn't truly believe in. he hasn't followed up on it at all nor has he tried to convince any other people of it's validity, nor has he asked any follow up questions or even voted for me as he would if it was meant as a townie prod.
i get some townie pings and then he doubles down on bad faith argument that makes me weeeeeeeeeh read him. i don't know if he's doubling down because it looks bad not to after all was said, or because he's one of those >stubborn< players who are very hard to sway.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:33 pm dunia is town and guillotine is also town
why is guillo town in 7 words or more. thx.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:44 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:18 pm @Kylemii have you read falcon today? has your opinion on how he interacted with you felt the same?
basically nothing has changed. the fact that he's done absolutely nothing with his read reinforces that it's something he doesn't truly believe in. he hasn't followed up on it at all nor has he tried to convince any other people of it's validity, nor has he asked any follow up questions or even voted for me as he would if it was meant as a townie prod.
You're a dum dum head if you don't think me explaining my read on you to several different players isn't proof of my belief in its validity.
well this is bad.

dumdum head is a rugrats insult, but this is still a bad argument that someone can't really argue with.

if you make a bad faith read on someone and you're pestered about it by numerous people, are you as mafia supposed to ignore it?

explaining a read =/= convincing others that kyle is bad.

defence is not offence. (i'm always triggered americans don't have defence with a c and defense with an s to mean 2 different things)
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Can I get cliffs pls
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:59 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm I've given my read on Guillo, and while I found that post of dunya re: my views on kyle's earlier posts false narrative, I find more of her posts to be towny.
still at it. why does a townie post false narrative? are you saying i posted in bad faith? how can you find me townie if you believe that?

btw, be careful, you started the day at 62 posts your limit is 162 till 5pm

@Marmot you're also pretty close to your limit ftr. (also have we lost the "mention" button tag in our update? cos sometimes posting @ and typing doesn't give me a scroll)
Cuz I'm mature enough to admit when I may have misinterpreted a post or it's motivation. Re: false narrative, I said "I found", not "I find", as in I no longer believe that to be the case.

Thanks for the post count heads up, wasn't sure where I was at.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: VOTE TED] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 0

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:33 am oh it's not even a new title threshold :\
I always thought your title was a custom one.
Kylemii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:58 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:36 am Kyle, I'm just gonna put hk in my null list for now because I'm tired. What do you make of him this game?
doing a quick read-y skim before sleep, early on i see a lot of mech and lore discussion but then he ramps up into more solve-y stuff which is good and worth a day 1 t-read i think gth

is wubrgc actually an abbreviation for white blue black red green colorless...?
:srsnod:
tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 am so, the LC thing...

@Urist
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 am so punish the fool seems like a pretty punishing ability for our team.

the best we can probably do is to make scum play whack-a-mole. we all need mana for something...

fix suggestion : everyone should ask for the mana they need (and that's it - just ask for the mana, don't say what it's for or that it needs priority, etc etc), irregardless of how good or bad their ability is.

loop holes : the mafia will target strong people this way, so we're a bit forced to spread the cards to someone they don't need dead. (PoEish targets that can reasonably be town)

my instinct is to say that 3 mana is a bit tough to gather? so let's not try to get caught up in an ability that takes quite a bit to use anyway.

thoughts / concerns about this?
I don't think that 3 mana is tough to gather. I can produce that much mana in a night. I don't know how many lands you have, but I have three. If that's standard, then this is probably somewhere near equivalent to a wolf giving up their personal ability in order to use Punish The Fool.
at first i looked at this and it was fine, you can tell, however, that he didn't really seemed suspicious of my post, because he didn't ask me any questions, etc etc.
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 am so punish the fool seems like a pretty punishing ability for our team.

the best we can probably do is to make scum play whack-a-mole. we all need mana for something...

fix suggestion : everyone should ask for the mana they need (and that's it - just ask for the mana, don't say what it's for or that it needs priority, etc etc), irregardless of how good or bad their ability is.

loop holes : the mafia will target strong people this way, so we're a bit forced to spread the cards to someone they don't need dead. (PoEish targets that can reasonably be town)

my instinct is to say that 3 mana is a bit tough to gather? so let's not try to get caught up in an ability that takes quite a bit to use anyway.

I don't think that 3 mana is tough to gather. I can produce that much mana in a night. I don't know how many lands you have, but I have three. If that's standard, then this is probably somewhere near equivalent to a wolf giving up their personal ability in order to use Punish The Fool.
Actually, this kind of reads like ted is a wolf with 3 lands who thinks that townies start with fewer.
Why would a townie ever say "3 mana is a bit tough to gather" here?
When I read it with the idea that it "reads like ted is a wolf", tow things jump out at me. One, his use of "instinct" feels wild and wolfy... but that's just for laughs. Two, more serious, he's casually downplaying the concern about this ability.
this is where my misunderstanding came into play, i thought this post was saying that he looked through the scope of me being wolf and could see some things, but he wasn't like "i believe this post is a wolf". my brain somehow thought this post was actually refuting your arguments somehow (i have no effin idea, my reading comprehension must've been that poor)
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:52 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 pm
Urist wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm

Actually, this kind of reads like ted is a wolf with 3 lands who thinks that townies start with fewer.
Why would a townie ever say "3 mana is a bit tough to gather" here?
When I read it with the idea that it "reads like ted is a wolf", tow things jump out at me. One, his use of "instinct" feels wild and wolfy... but that's just for laughs. Two, more serious, he's casually downplaying the concern about this ability.
so then, when you started biting more, i thought he was throwing logs in the fire that you created while not thinking about my alignment too much

in that post ^ because i don't think he was necessarily wolf reading me

and then in this one

Also, "for our team" lol
guy reads like a middle manager trying to be one of the bois
Or "hello fellow townies".
and this is the post that made me vote him, because he's not said i'm a wolf for anything but tried to pace your world view in this post as well as the other and make you more tunneled without saying much by himself, if he had a genuine suspicion i think it would've been seen in his first post commenting on my post...
In between those posts I have one that starts with 'When I read it with the idea that it "reads like ted is a wolf"...', which is the perspective I was coming from, from then on. It didn't result in much of a suspicion for me.
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:52 am
hollowkatt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:50 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 am Here's a rainbow before I sleep. The yellow reads are mostly null due to lack of content/interaction.

Marmot
dunya
Epignosis
Guillo
Kyle

Jack
DrWilgy

Enrique
JPIC
Long Con
MacDougall
Nicol Bolas

Urist
falcon
Made
you missed Enrique and myself. Where would you put him and where would you put me?
He didn't miss Enrique. Tho how he can possibly have Enrique as a null with LC is beyond me.
Why is that beyond you?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Yeah, but doesn't it take mana to use the PtF card? You can't use it if you give it away.

Both Wolf Pack and PtF cost 3 mana, reduce by 1 for each dead wolf. Lifescope costs no mana but takes life.

4 wolves...if we assume they each have 3 mana, then using their artifacts that only need 6 would be a snap, no problem. They have 12!

Fuck, maybe they only have 2 each, total of 8, so using those artifacts becomes much harder if a wolf dies, ergonthe reduced mana cost.

Ok, you are not dying today, at least not by my hand.

Cant kill someone whose mindmelding with me on something.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Considering you've basically echoed my points vs Ted I don't think you're tin foiled at all lol
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:02 pm
i get some townie pings and then he doubles down on bad faith argument that makes me weeeeeeeeeh read him. i don't know if he's doubling down because it looks bad not to after all was said, or because he's one of those >stubborn< players who are very hard to sway.
Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:33 pm dunia is town and guillotine is also town
why is guillo town in 7 words or more. thx.
At the time I posted that, I liked their self enforced lion thing and I liked that they were communicating well despite it. I think also I was annoyed that they were getting chided for being interesting and cool and I wanted to be supportive, also their response to said chiding, seemed legitimate.

more recently I think their thoughts on the fool thing show whatever is the opposite of "TMI" which I guess should be "NEI", unless it's a deliberate wifom attempt
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Urist wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:01 am I don't think that falcon is mafia. I think his posting style is slightly combative, but I have an easy time following his thought process and understanding the reasoning behind his reads, even if some of the interactions with Guillotine and Kyle are a little silly.

On the other hand, I feel that tedxtr isn't trying to solve the game. When I questioned him on his reasons for voting for LC, he couldn't come up with anything, which is fine if it was a misunderstanding, but he hasn't moved his vote. He also hasn't attempted to push or question anyone else. I get the feeling he is on the defensive due to the pressure on him.
I also didn't love his justification around 3-mana-gate, it felt like the nervous response of someone caught in a lie.

[VOTE: tedextr] aubergine
calling people dumb/stupid is also really triggering for me and it feels like a last resort. if kyle is so bad, there are way better ways to show it. i don't think someone being aggressive is a town-tell, i've learned that the hard way recently on TS.

tedxtr: the whole "i misunderstood something something it's all fine now" to his only read in the game without clarifying stuff is another reason i think he's bad. i dont see any inquisition from him and it's more retracting suspicion or laying low and something i feel mafia ted would resort to if he was catching heat early for a potential "slip" maybe.

i think i like both wagons atp in the thread.

Return to “Previous Rackets”