[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Re: [NIGHT 7] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Keterman wrote:I'd like to fight. I've only fought once and lost.
Same here. Loser's bracket, ftw? :noble:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

Ftw.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

I could go with MR & Keterman, and what the hell, I WILL go with MR & Keterman.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

mfftw!

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Balls, I missed the 3 sentences stipulation of MP's post on the previous page. Reading-comprehension fail. :/

Probably best for me to fight anyways then. If I die here, it might save me the trouble of dying by the end of the day tomorrow. However, I'd like to at least try to survive.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Looks like it's MR and Keterman tonight!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I will also vote for Keterman and MR R. tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

I'm fine with those two :shrug:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

I see we've now got some volunteers! In that case my votes will go to MR and Keterman! I won my second fight after losing my first, so I'm happy to give two players a chance to redeem their losses. Not sure if I'll be back before the end of the night so I hope this post suffices for my part in the challenge.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote:So now the chaos is over I'm back for the night. This is what I meant with my vote: Llama seems very sure of how Tyler is recruiting, which really makes me wonder. Also the point he makes in the post below is very odd to me.
thellama73 wrote:
unfurl wrote: Quiet people are quiet, it always happend, but if we go lynching quiet people rather then suspects, we are really handing the game to Tyler
That's nonsense, because the police are an effective method for dealing with "suspects", which means Tyler will concentrate on recruiting "non-suspect" or, in other words, quiet people.
He seems to essentially be saying to give any suspicious people a pass and instead just lynch the quiet players, whom I highly doubt are going to be recruited. If I was Tyler I wouldn't recruit a very quiet person and if I were very quiet in this game I would expect not to be recruited. He highly overrates the ability of the police, acting as if they're sure to kill a baddie every night for us when they haven't actually got anyone since DH and there were theories that the police were compromised after INH's death.
S~V~S wrote: Has Juliets given an opinion on you? As someone who was spectacularly fooled by a recruited Bullz, I would like her take on it, and don't recall having seen it. I have to go and look. But having recruited you in the past, I don't think I am seeing bad Bullz.
She did after this post, but I'd like to comment that Lost was a totally different circumstance. I didn't really fool OA or JC, I proved to them irrefutably that I was a civ and was only able to do that because I had been one. They had no reason to think I wasn't anymore, or that I had never been while in btsc with them.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Hmmmm...I actually feel like I have a lot to digest from these results. But I have to run out to my now-former store and then Sockalex and I are hanging out for a bit.

I do know I want to re-read unfurl and Canucklehead now. I have a nagging feeling right now about people who fight and manage to kill their opponent. But I want to see if my theory holds any water first.
I'd be interested to hear more about this theory, as I have one of my own that I don't really feel like I should share just yet.

I'm offering my vote tonight out to the first person to ask for it that hasn't yet won a fight.
I had forgotten that you were able to prove your civvieness in that game, the recruit wasn't public knowledge, was it?

I also had a theory about dying in a fight, but when i looked back, I saw I was wrong. My theory was that it had nothing to do with who the dead person fought, it had to do with participating/not participating in the fight. I saw that Eloh did not post at all since before it was announced that she was a fighter. So I figured non participation was a no brainer for DP1 (DP2 where are you???), but when I went back, he HAD posted after his fight was announced, and I think that he did likely participate. So my theory lasted about 45 minutes. So I would like to hear other theories, too.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:I will also vote for Keterman and MR R. tonight.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

MR and Keterman sound fine to me! Good luck guys!
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

I haven't caught up yet I will be doing that tonight or tomorrow. This is the last day of my event then I will be home for a couple of days. I hope to be more informed for the next lynch.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

S~V~S wrote:
I had forgotten that you were able to prove your civvieness in that game, the recruit wasn't public knowledge, was it?

I also had a theory about dying in a fight, but when i looked back, I saw I was wrong. My theory was that it had nothing to do with who the dead person fought, it had to do with participating/not participating in the fight. I saw that Eloh did not post at all since before it was announced that she was a fighter. So I figured non participation was a no brainer for DP1 (DP2 where are you???), but when I went back, he HAD posted after his fight was announced, and I think that he did likely participate. So my theory lasted about 45 minutes. So I would like to hear other theories, too.
Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the middle of a big, giant post. But essentially, it was focused on exploring that idea. I knew Eloh hadn't participated in her fight at all, and I was shocked to find out DP actually had with his. My theory was that if Eloh and DP had both participated in their fights, and died anyway, that I would seriously consider that Canuck and unfurl were part of Project Mayhem, or extremely powerful roles at the least.

So I guess that ends up clearing Canuck. But my gut still has a funny feeling on unfurl, and I can't make it go away. Maybe it's because of DP's participation in her fight. Of course, we also don't know how the combat system works or what type it is, so this is all purely speculation. But it's the most solid idea I've come up with this entire game, so I wanted to explore it.

So yeah, most likely, my theory is completely moot now and doesn't mean anything. But like I said, I can't shake my feeling on unfurl and idk why. :shrug:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And I'm also fine with an MR and Keterman fight. Good luck to the both of you, gentlemen!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Canucklehead »

I submit to the groupthink! All hail the MRKeter battle!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Canuck, what do you think of the theory I had been considering (the part about unfurl that is, not you)?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And really, I would pose that question to everyone: Do you think it means anything, or is it a load of crock?
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the middle of a big, giant post. But essentially, it was focused on exploring that idea. I knew Eloh hadn't participated in her fight at all, and I was shocked to find out DP actually had with his. My theory was that if Eloh and DP had both participated in their fights, and died anyway, that I would seriously consider that Canuck and unfurl were part of Project Mayhem, or extremely powerful roles at the least.

So I guess that ends up clearing Canuck. But my gut still has a funny feeling on unfurl, and I can't make it go away. Maybe it's because of DP's participation in her fight. Of course, we also don't know how the combat system works or what type it is, so this is all purely speculation. But it's the most solid idea I've come up with this entire game, so I wanted to explore it.

So yeah, most likely, my theory is completely moot now and doesn't mean anything. But like I said, I can't shake my feeling on unfurl and idk why. :shrug:
Your feeling is very wrong then, bwt
Vanilla civvie here, as always, I get crappy roles 99 percent of the time :p but at least in this game most people are vanilla, so at least that makes me giggles, as I is not alone :biggrin:

Votting for MR R and keterman
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ugh. I ment to vote as soon as I got to work yesterday and by the time I got there, I forgot about it completely. :( I'm so not caught up yet on the theories flying. (I worked like 13 hours nonstop - ate dinner and fell into bed.) I promise to do some catching up tonight/tomorrow morning. (Night shift Monday ftw!)
Voting for MR and Keterman. I'm glad you are back MR!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:I will also vote for Keterman and MR R. tonight.
llama, you quoted me here with no comment. Is there something you meant to say or was this just a mistake?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Llama was just saying what you were saying, Jules!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 7

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:21:11 am

bea
No votes
birdwithteeth11
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
Boogs
No votes
Boomslang
Boomslang (5), Mister Rearranger (7) 6%
Bullzeye
No votes
Canucklehead
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine 2.0
No votes
Hedgeowl
No votes
juliets
No votes
Keterman
Keterman (8), S~V~S (10), Long Con (12), juliets (15), Sorsha (16), Bullzeye (18), thellama73 (20), Black Rock (22), birdwithteeth11 (25), Canucklehead (26), unfurl (28), bea (31) 38%
Kylemii
No votes
Leamiteo
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Metalmarsh89 2.0
No votes
Mister Rearranger
Mister Rearranger (6), Keterman (9), S~V~S (11), Long Con (13), juliets (14), Sorsha (17), Bullzeye (19), thellama73 (21), Black Rock (23), birdwithteeth11 (24), Canucklehead (27), unfurl (29), Kylemii (30), bea (32) 44%
Russtifinko
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Sorsha
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
timmer
No votes
unfurl
No votes
Vompatti
Vompatti (2) 3%
Everyone!!! (host, mod, dead)
MovingPictures07 (1), DharmaHelper (3), Epignosis (4) 9%
Total votes : 32
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: Mister Rearranger v. Keterman

No one has been killed.

Mister Rearranger and Keterman have begun to fight.

It is now Day 8. You have 72 hours to lynch someone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 8] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Note:

Because I am in the midst of relocating to San Antonio, this day period is 72 hours, not 48. This gives players even more time to complete their challenge. Thus, you really want to make sure you complete that challenge.

If you are unsure how many posts you still need, feel free to PM me. But depending on the time, my response may be delayed, but I'll try to get back to you ASAP.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, BWT, what is the theory? Is it that participation in the thread is analogous to fighting when you're in the ring? Or is it that unfurl is bad?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:Llama was just saying what you were saying, Jules!
Thanks LC! Now it makes sense. I need more coffee.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Yay for deathless nights! Good to see you too, Bea. :)

I've gotta get some handle on suspicions and whatnot, since I've been gone so long. A reread is in order today, for sure. I'd like to know my partner in fisticuffs thinks as well

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote:So, BWT, what is the theory? Is it that participation in the thread is analogous to fighting when you're in the ring? Or is it that unfurl is bad?
Well, my theory was that unfurl and Canuck might be bad since they killed their opponents when they fought. But in Canuck's case, Elo didn't post at all during her challenge, so I'm not sure if that lends any credence to my theory, or (where I'm leaning) that it cocks the entire thing up and means squat.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Basically, I had a theory. And now I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not. So I'm looking to see if others feel there might be a point to it or not.

And like I said, at some point today, I am going to do a re-read on unfurl to see if I can get anything else out of it. If I don't find anything else, I'll probably drop my theory. Because it's already fairly flimsy as it is.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think it's worth going over each fight to see if the person who posted more that night always won. I believe that it's likely that I posted less than Llama the night I fought him and lost.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I know this has been asked before but I don't feel like looking it up.... Tyler and his recruits get BTSC right?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I can't find the answer but I'm wondering if the policemen and or Tyler & his recruits have some sort of a say in who wins/loses the fight. Like maybe there is a btsc vote? I know from fighting that there is/was something that each fighter could do to help their own chances but I don't think that is the only deciding factor. MP has said that it isn't random.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

As to whether Tyler and his recruits share BTSC, I've been avoiding giving clarification. :feb:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:As to whether Tyler and his recruits share BTSC, I've been avoiding giving clarification. :feb:
:WTF:

:p
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I've been thinking under the assumption that they do have BTSC.

Then if I'm wrong, they don't; which would make them a weaker team imo.

And if I'm right, then I get to be right, for whatever that's worth.

Win-win situation. :p

Nobody feels pingy to me in this game, even at this point. Then again, there's a lot of non-participatory players (ashamed to say I was in that group last week), so...

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The only way I could see it working for Mayhem without BTS would be if maybe Tyler knew who they were, and could send directions or something like in the movie. You never know who might have been in Project Mayhem in the movie, it could be the guy sitting next to you on the train. Only Tyler know who everyone was.

So this could be a plausible scenario~ but the whole point of Mafia is the uninformed majority against the informed minority. So based on similarity to the movie, it is possible, but only if Tyler can direct the recruits in some way.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

S~V~S wrote:The only way I could see it working for Mayhem without BTS would be if maybe Tyler knew who they were, and could send directions or something like in the movie. You never know who might have been in Project Mayhem in the movie, it could be the guy sitting next to you on the train. Only Tyler know who everyone was.

So this could be a plausible scenario~ but the whole point of Mafia is the uninformed majority against the informed minority. So based on similarity to the movie, it is possible, but only if Tyler can direct the recruits in some way.
Good point, very "man behind the curtain" kind of approach.

Is Marla still a thing? Has there been any discussion of her at all? Because I know we talked about her quick in Chicago (I think?) before merging all the groups.

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:The only way I could see it working for Mayhem without BTS would be if maybe Tyler knew who they were, and could send directions or something like in the movie. You never know who might have been in Project Mayhem in the movie, it could be the guy sitting next to you on the train. Only Tyler know who everyone was.

Ooooooooooooh! This actually sounds really likely, to me. I haven't watched the movie in ages (though I REALLY need to since it's on the syllabus for a class I designed/am teaching this semester :lol: ) so I don't remember that detail exactly, but that actually sounds like a really interesting dynamic for a mafia game. It makes trying to find connections between Project Mayhem people a damn shitshow for the civs......but that's not unusual for mafia, now is it? :P
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It's probably safest to just work under the assumption that the baddies share BTSC. They must have some form of unity... If it's blind then lynches don't tell us as much I guess.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Knowing how Alex is with canon, I would bet this is a very likely scenario. Plus, I don't think he would give the entire team BTSC. Because if Tyler could (hypothetically) recruit ad nauseum, then that would mean they could win simply from him recruiting.

On second thought, maybe that last part isn't the case. But I still think it's incredibly likely that Tyler knows who all of his recruits are, and they know who is Tyler. But otherwise, I think that's it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I spent most of the game assuming that they had BTS, but the fact that he won't confirm it makes me wonder. It seems a very basic thing. If they don't have BTS, it would be like trying to find an "x" amount of Indies. But it really would make a lot of sense to me if they did not know who each other was.

I am so tired of rereading Dharma Helper, lol. I still plan to view the thread with an eye to baddie behavior, not DH associations. I also look forward to hearing what Lea has to say when she does catch up.

I am surprised Llama has not addressed the votes for him as of yet. I also look forward to hearing his take on that. I think having a three day lynch will be helpful, actually. There are alot of quiet people, hopefully people meet MPs posting requirements~ more mass death won't be helpful.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I wouldn't mind hearing from Llama either. Also, I am soooooo relieved we have an extended day period!

I decided to try plea bargaining a speeding ticket, but I received it wayyyyy out of town, so I'm pretty much gonna be spending my whole Tuesday doing that. :mad:

This will give me a ton of time to recoup and read up on what I've been missing. Not to mention, see who else comes out of the woodwork and steps up to MP's vote-missing challenge.

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

So nobody has any comment about my theory up above there? About how fights might be decided?

We're just going to hem and haw about whether or not the baddies have btsc? I just wanted to know if the host had addressed whether they did or not and he answered that for me.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Sorsha wrote:So nobody has any comment about my theory up above there? About how fights might be decided?

We're just going to hem and haw about whether or not the baddies have btsc? I just wanted to know if the host had addressed whether they did or not and he answered that for me.
I figured it also had to do with other things like experience, coin-flippities, or what-have-you, but your guess is just as good as mine. :shrug:

Plus, you know what they say about the first rule of Fight Club? :ninja:

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Basically, I had a theory. And now I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not. So I'm looking to see if others feel there might be a point to it or not.

And like I said, at some point today, I am going to do a re-read on unfurl to see if I can get anything else out of it. If I don't find anything else, I'll probably drop my theory. Because it's already fairly flimsy as it is.
I think participating in the fight does have something to do with it, but there is something else too. MP has said it's not random who wins and who loses so something is happening btsc to determine winners.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Sorsha: have you fought yet?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have PMed the Host regarding an experience I had in this game that may have bearing on the current discussion; asking if I am allowed to discuss it or not. He may take some time getting back to me, and he may say i cannot discuss it. This IS Fight Club, after all.

So, on an unrelated note, i am choosing to hem & haw. Personally, i find the possiblity that the baddies have no clue who each other is might have bearing in how we look for them.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I fought bullz on day two and won. He was seriously injured.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

I have no idea how it was determined that I won my fight, all I did was to my best at the thing :noble: we can not talk about
so no idea on how is that is determined, maybe Im just awesome at that thing :blush:

Return to “Previous Jobs”