82%

Total votes: 22
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 330

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:20 am
Esooa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 am it means Jay has bad posts and I'm not going to take "mafia would make good posts" as a way to disagree with that
That is not the point I am trying to make. My question was rhetorical. The answer is No, Jay would not struggle to make "better" posts than that one if he was mafia.

I don't think it will suffice to call it a "bad" post. That is a misread of his intention. He does not "say nothing." He says that tutuu's entrance has not been particularly alignment-indicative. Tutuu had just showed up in a whirlwind of typos, and it was a new topic of conversation. Jay weighed in to say that he had no cause for alarm at her entrance, but that it was also not enough for him to grant a town read on tutuu. That's not nothing. That's not a bad post.
yea it was just a fluffy jay post. maybe eso doesnt have that much experience with jay's way of talking?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:24 am tutuu what's your read on me
no read sorry!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:56 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 am
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 am tutuu outed a pretty strong scumread on JPIC. What do you all think of that?

I think it's a bus.
lol
What's your pretty strong scum read on me?
i dunno, beats me :D
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:06 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:56 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:54 am
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 am tutuu outed a pretty strong scumread on JPIC. What do you all think of that?

I think it's a bus.
lol
What's your pretty strong scum read on me?
i dunno, beats me :D
what

I'm gonna have to read the last nine pages aren't I
Spoiler: show
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 am tutuu did you break the caps lock button
nyoooo
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be clear: I have no present suspicion of Tony. I couldn't confidently call him town either, but I don't care about his multiball inquiries. It's evident (and I think Alison may have missed) that his inquiry is based somehow in the Fargo theme -- that the characters of the show may lend themselves to that kind of game structure. So fine, I have no opinion of that. I have no memory of the show.

Regarding multiball though: I tend to interpret the game rules in the OP as suggestive of just one mafia team. It's not a certainty. We'll see anyway. If there are multiple we'll just have to hope that's made explicit (perhaps via different team names), or that's nigh unsolvable.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i dont think there are multiple mafia teams i just think there is 3p

1 mafia team with independent orles is still multiball under my definition of multiball and the way i know of other ppl using the phrase
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Hello all. Excited to see that the game is started and that there are already 9 pages. The Day 0’s of 5 years ago were just to check in and for nonsense. I really do love how you all just dive into the discussion.

I have to read everything still, and I know nothing of the theme. But as for the poll, early end time is always better for me since I am in the UK.
Gro-oo-ovy
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

eso vs jayjay 1v1 is weird to me so i wanna call it w/w but its never w/w ppl rarely thunderdome hard bus here i think. but they should more. more ACTION. BLOOD. GLADIATOR. ARENA

but yes due to site meta and my understanding of jay and eso's meta they're probably not w/w unfortunately
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 am i dont think there are multiple mafia teams i just think there is 3p

1 mafia team with independent orles is still multiball under my definition of multiball and the way i know of other ppl using the phrase
multiball implies multiple mafia teams imo

GoC day 1 had a lot of discussion on the theories of multiball and that didn't really provide much content. I think the same applies here and there isn't much point to discussing it right now other than just making a brief theory on the setup.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

good job on voting for the only reasonable option in the poll, fingersplints

you’re already a step ahead of the game
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Strawhenge looks like a civilian. His approach so far takes on a certain tone and pace that in recent memory I have come to associate with his specific niche here: player returning after long hiatus. The last example for me was fingersplints in the "Mafia" racket, and there are some immediate similarities:

~ Earnest effort to get involved
~ Uneasiness about how to actually do that and shake off the rust
~ Hard time making reads when thrust back into the Mafia environment, particularly when the game is moving fast
~ Not trying at all to appear any less intimidated than he really is
~ Despite all of that, trying to make inquiries and prods that could conceivably help him find his footing

I think this is the first time I have made a read of this kind, at least based upon a perceived "trend" -- so I acknowledge that it's not evidence based from a wealth of past observations. But it's the vibe and I'm comfortable with it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 am good job on voting for the only reasonable option in the poll, fingersplints

Yes, everybody who voted 6PM is a town read.

8PM is inconvenient to Europeans and therefore scumsiding.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:12 am
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 am i dont think there are multiple mafia teams i just think there is 3p

GoC day 1 had a lot of discussion on the theories of multiball and that didn't really provide much content. I think the same applies here and there isn't much point to discussing it right now other than just making a brief theory on the setup.
thats a very reasonable sounding post. are u maf for it?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:15 am
tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 am good job on voting for the only reasonable option in the poll, fingersplints

thats townier
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

that’s right innit

masons? even though i’m not bri ish
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:15 am

Are you implying I only make reasonable posts as mafia? :ponder:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:16 am

not uuuu in specific but generally it can be a read u can make on ppl and sometimes its right sometimes it aint. just like all reads
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:16 am

that’s right innit

Sorry, Brexit dictates that I can't be friends with fellow Europeans
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:11 am eso vs jayjay 1v1 is weird to me so i wanna call it w/w but its never w/w ppl rarely thunderdome hard bus here i think. but they should more. more ACTION. BLOOD. GLADIATOR. ARENA

but yes due to site meta and my understanding of jay and eso's meta they're probably not w/w unfortunately
I understand the perception, and I would like to encourage folks to try their best to avoid exclusively looking at the Esooa/JJJ dynamic purely in terms of "is it mafia/mafia? is it town/town? is it something else?" Go crazy with those reads if you like, but also assess the actual content of what each of us has said and decide how y'all feel about that.

I am not nearly confident enough to crusade against Esooa, but I have stated my early concerns. And she has stated hers. Those things warrant investigation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:17 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:16 am

not uuuu in specific but generally it can be a read u can make on ppl and sometimes its right sometimes it aint. just like all reads
I have no idea what you're trying to say here
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

we are currently at f22, lets hope we chop mafia so f20 will be easier
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 am
tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:16 am

that’s right innit

Sorry, Brexit dictates that I can't be friends with fellow Europeans
that’s okay, i have another mason anyway...
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am comfortable with this as a town pile so far:

falcon
Mac
KZA
Sloonei
SPF
Strawhenge

Not a bad haul at all for the first 11ish hours of a Day 0. Keep it up gang.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

fuck i wanna go crazy but i shouldnt

but if i WEER TO GO CRAZY

i would call eso and alison town

BUT NO I WILL NOT.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

fuck man this thing is gonna claw at th back of my mind

fine

i think alison town for her tutuu typo scum thing. that was kind of bizarre to watch unfold, i think scum!alison would go a bit less crazy on that read

and eso town for her jay thing even tho i disagree with and i think shes wrong i think its more likely as scum to not approach it in that way she did?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 pm @staypositivefriend whaddya find encouraging about tutuu's posts?
i am partially contrasting her opening in this game with her opening in bread mafia. tutuu got "into the action" right away in bread mafia and immediately started outing strong, overconfident reads. it's very clear (in hindsight) that tutuu felt like she needed to join in on the "solving" in bread mafia as a way to establish herself into the towncore

this game has started similarly to bread mafia (lots of solving, lots of reads being thrown around), but tutuu's entrance was totally unconcerned w/finding reads on other people - it was solely focused on herself. i didn't get the impression that tutuu felt like she needed to "blend in" with the thread in the same way that she did when she played bread mafia

of course, i'm sure that tutuu has a large scumrange, but her general opening posts gave me a good impression
To expand on my view of SPF: I liked this. SPF answered my question within about a six minute space, so in a [relatively] quick time frame she put together a read that I find nuanced and insightful. In that way it looks authentic to me, like it reflects real thoughts from her real brain. I think it's also a valid observation, that tutuu's entry is different in tone and in focus than what we saw from her mafia game in Bread Mafia (Click here and scroll down for tutuu's ISO in that game).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i just remembered kza explaining that he's omgussy mann why do u explainn ur readsss that scummyyy dudeeeee only scum explain their reads

falcon
jay
mac
alison
esooa

---

kza
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:32 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 pm @staypositivefriend whaddya find encouraging about tutuu's posts?
i am partially contrasting her opening in this game with her opening in bread mafia. tutuu got "into the action" right away in bread mafia and immediately started outing strong, overconfident reads. it's very clear (in hindsight) that tutuu felt like she needed to join in on the "solving" in bread mafia as a way to establish herself into the towncore

this game has started similarly to bread mafia (lots of solving, lots of reads being thrown around), but tutuu's entrance was totally unconcerned w/finding reads on other people - it was solely focused on herself. i didn't get the impression that tutuu felt like she needed to "blend in" with the thread in the same way that she did when she played bread mafia

of course, i'm sure that tutuu has a large scumrange, but her general opening posts gave me a good impression
To expand on my view of SPF: I liked this. SPF answered my question within about a six minute space, so in a [relatively] quick time frame she put together a read that I find nuanced and insightful. In that way it looks authentic to me, like it reflects real thoughts from her real brain. I think it's also a valid observation, that tutuu's entry is different in tone and in focus than what we saw from her mafia game in Bread Mafia (Click here and scroll down for tutuu's ISO in that game).
spf very smart but JUST BE WARNED she says that she finds it easier and quicker to come up with big reads as mafia than as town. coz she finds faking it very easy, as town it takes her longer coz they're actually real and real and good is very often not logical
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

oh sorry didnt mean to ignore u @Strawhenge hiiii michaell scottt there are 2 office characters omg omg omg cute u should hug also i think ur scum and u should die
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:28 am fuck i wanna go crazy but i shouldnt

but if i WEER TO GO CRAZY

i would call eso and alison town

BUT NO I WILL NOT.
go crazy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:34 am spf very smart but JUST BE WARNED she says that she finds it easier and quicker to come up with big reads as mafia than as town. coz she finds faking it very easy, as town it takes her longer coz they're actually real and real and good is very often not logical
Warning officially acknowledged. :noble:

SPF's a great player. Rest assured I will continue to assess as the game progresses.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

jpic ur mafia
oddmerta ur mafia
al ur mafia
boknows ur mafia
alison ur mafia
michelle ur mafia
jpic ur mafia
fingersplints ur mafia
long con ur mafia
tsp ur maf
marmot ur scum
dom ur wolf
mac ur evil
kza ur baddie
spf ur wolf
jjj ur werewolf
strawhenge u kill ppl
eso maf
sloonei maf
nook maf
tedxtr grandpa
falcon maf
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think we might need to have a philosophical dialogue after the game on the wisdom of blowing up Day 0 before everyone/most people have had a chance to acknowledge that the game exists and put themselves in it. I seems both anti-town and anti-mafia, so it's not necessarily a problem. Post at will my friends. But maybe I'll be a narcissist later, look at my own posts post-game, and remember from this one that it's conversation time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Oh good. I’m often behind in the game, so getting ahead early is nice for a change. :)
It’s obviously the superior time.
Gro-oo-ovy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 am I think we might need to have a philosophical dialogue after the game on the wisdom of blowing up Day 0 before everyone/most people have had a chance to acknowledge that the game exists and put themselves in it. I seems both anti-town and anti-mafia, so it's not necessarily a problem. Post at will my friends. But maybe I'll be a narcissist later, look at my own posts post-game, and remember from this one that it's conversation time.
Pass
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Jpic maf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

Rather than playing day 0 properly I've been binging the show lol.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:56 amJpic maf
No.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:18 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:56 amJpic maf
No.
We'll see
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 am I think we might need to have a philosophical dialogue after the game on the wisdom of blowing up Day 0 before everyone/most people have had a chance to acknowledge that the game exists and put themselves in it. I seems both anti-town and anti-mafia, so it's not necessarily a problem. Post at will my friends. But maybe I'll be a narcissist later, look at my own posts post-game, and remember from this one that it's conversation time.
Personally I always find it difficult to jump right into games like some of you, and it takes me a little bit to gather my thoughts, but I always appreciate all this early discussion. In fact I’d go so far to say I’m quite impressed with some of your ability to pull out these early suspicions. The last game I played one of these seemingly little suspicions found us a mafia day 1, so I’m willing to listen to them all.
Gro-oo-ovy
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 am
Personally I always find it difficult to jump right into games like some of you, and it takes me a little bit to gather my thoughts, but I always appreciate all this early discussion. In fact I’d go so far to say I’m quite impressed with some of your ability to pull out these early suspicions. The last game I played one of these seemingly little suspicions found us a mafia day 1, so I’m willing to listen to them all.
You are not maf
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Do we get to post during the night phase tonight? It seems like we get do
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 am Do we get to post during the night phase tonight? It seems like we get do
The host post says the thread will stay open at night.
Gro-oo-ovy
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:26 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:22 am Do we get to post during the night phase tonight? It seems like we get do
Then that means the timezones don't matter
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

That is not accurate.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 am That is not accurate.
Now I think that you are mafia
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 am
Depends on the situation. Doesn’t matter in so far as in most cases you can still say what you want at night. Unless of course, you are the one being lynched and unable to be around for time zone related reasons.
I always find a lot of discussion and activity happens right before the lynch, so I personally like to be present if possible. 6 or 8 PM EST I will probably be up for both so it’s not that huge of a deal for me either way. I’ve had games end at 10 or 11 PM EST and I would get way too invested in the game and be up in the middle of the night.
Gro-oo-ovy
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:31 am
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 am
Depends on the situation. Doesn’t matter in so far as in most cases you can still say what you want at night. Unless of course, you are the one being lynched and unable to be around for time zone related reasons.
I always find a lot of discussion and activity happens right before the lynch, so I personally like to be present if possible. 6 or 8 PM EST I will probably be up for both so it’s not that huge of a deal for me either way. I’ve had games end at 10 or 11 PM EST and I would get way too invested in the game and be up in the middle of the night.
This is why you're town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:08 am
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:34 am
You are not maf
Yes

Return to “Previous Jobs”