Total votes: 22
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I strive to create a perfect Mafia utopia, where trying hard is encouraged and celebrated. :noble:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:19 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:11 pm [VOTE: superbestfriend] aubergine
Why?
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:08 pm [VOTE: Staypositivefriend] aubergine
Yes
Why?
i found your vote amusing. i have no idea if it's serious or not
Why the self vote?
why do you care
Why do you object to me caring?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:08 pm Esooa idk, not townreading her yet and thought her questioning of my Falcon post was odd but she seemed to accept my explanation. I solved her off of mech in Spiderverse and was (semi) wrong about her in Fallout 2 so she's kind of a tough one for me
this is reasonable
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:42 am I strive to create a perfect Mafia utopia, where trying hard is encouraged and celebrated. :noble:
Trying good, posting as a measure of effort bad
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 am I’m feeling torn. While I cannot call KZA town with any confidence, I also have tended to find suspicions hurled against him to be uninteresting/unconvincing. And yet, I still believe that suspicion to be predominantly town-sourced. So without overt town indicators from KZA I just find myself shrugging and accepting the existence of his wagon despite my doubts.
How do you feel about his response to my needling on this page and the previous one?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:43 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:42 am I strive to create a perfect Mafia utopia, where trying hard is encouraged and celebrated. :noble:
Trying good, posting as a measure of effort bad
I’m not sure what that means, but I probably don’t disagree. :smile:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:39 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:33 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:03 pm Nanook hasn't spoken to me once but now I'm Maf to him so he can get OMGUS'd too
[VOTE: KZA] aubergine
whatever
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:56 pm @KZA why are you so staunch in your townread of Sloonei?
Lots of people are, why's his townread notable?
probably because Marmot is iso'ing me first as he said instead he was going to
why do you not care about the Alison vote
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 pm also jay has never in his life omgused me as town and he has as mafia sample size = like 2
"omgus" is such a dumb concept and it should disappear from Mafia vocabulary
agree
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 pm A few things have thrown me off from the beginning but his current vote for Marmot is something that inclines me to think that way as well. I also just don't think his iso is carrying the proper tone and I'm wondering if his read on sloonei was developed improperly. He also also seems hesistant to say things that I wouldn't usually think he'd be hesitant to say. I did like the post he made where he talked about sloonei/jay mutual TRs and how seriously they're taken or something though idk

this is probably just the usual day 1 jay tinfoil but that's where I'm at
yes I know. His tone is way too serious, as if he's very much tryharding.
sounds like town Jay to me
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:42 pm also jay has never in his life omgused me as town and he has as mafia sample size = like 2
agree
There has to be a word for "voting someone because they voted you", that's a pretty common occurrence

If you wanna make up your own word for it and insist on using that word go ahead, as long as your meaning is clear (I don't think anyone else uses "exe" for the TK/elim/chop, but I use it because I like it)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am
agree
There has to be a word for "voting someone because they voted you", that's a pretty common occurrence

If you wanna make up your own word for it and insist on using that word go ahead, as long as your meaning is clear (I don't think anyone else uses "exe" for the TK/elim/chop, but I use it because I like it)
The word itself is fine. I don't really care about that. I just think it's a silly accusation the vast majority of the time. I don't care about omgus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:20 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:27 pm I got a red peek on Nanook btw
I am reading this as w/w tbh
I was not night peaked because there was no night zero etc etc etc
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm I think that Tutuu, Jay and Alison are town. I am less confident about SPF and Sloonei but they certainly aren't driving anti town agenda to a point in which I feel compelled to solve them via threadkill.
why Alison
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:16 pm @staypositivefriend how d'ya think you'll wield your vote once you decide not to chop yourself? :goofp:
my vote would probably land on aL_sama, marmot, or ted right now. i honestly don't have a single name that i can point to as definitely being scum right now though - i moreso have the game divided between "probably town" and "probably not town"
I'm just gonna note this post for later

@staypositivefriend can you link me a recent scum game
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't care about OMGUS by itself, certainly not in an isolated incident, but there are times when it is useful to note that someone has only expressed interest in solving someone else when that person pushes them.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:31 am I’m feeling torn. While I cannot call KZA town with any confidence, I also have tended to find suspicions hurled against him to be uninteresting/unconvincing. And yet, I still believe that suspicion to be predominantly town-sourced. So without overt town indicators from KZA I just find myself shrugging and accepting the existence of his wagon despite my doubts.
How do you feel about his response to my needling on this page and the previous one?
I just reviewed it again. I find both your needling and his responses to that needling to be generally whatever. The only thought that even came to mind was that I'm not sure what you describe in 1212 is something that mafia-aligned players are likely to think of (generally speaking) as some deliberate strategy. KZA agrees with that apparently. Still, that doesn't mean much to me. It's just "that accusation is wrong" rather than "I'm a civilian". The shrugs persist.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:54 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:24 pm I think that Tutuu, Jay and Alison are town. I am less confident about SPF and Sloonei but they certainly aren't driving anti town agenda to a point in which I feel compelled to solve them via threadkill.
why Alison
Why aren't you asking him about tutuu?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 pm I don't actually care all that much about spf's self vote and joke claim shenanigans. I just needed something to stir the pot with while phone posting at work.

I'll figure out what's happening and do something with my vote accordingly.
I seriously don't understand posts like this. What stirring the pot does questioning something fully NAI accomplish? Like rly I'm just still hung up on people criticizing me for finding minor details to scum read people on while others are just in thread like "y'know what, I'm just going to question this. To start arguments."
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:27 pm This dialogue between SPF and Alison reminds me of some similar exchanges between SPF and Sloonei in Fallout 2. They seemed to harbor at least some mutual suspicions, but their communication tended to be low in overt animosity -- instead they each stated their highly nuanced and specific causes for suspicion, and along the way they both seemed to acknowledge that the intended communication didn't seem to be getting through. As a host in that game I got the impression that those two kinda figured one another to be civilians, but just wanted to really do their due diligence in a thorough discussion before allowing themselves to get there. Eventually they truced it out and ended up being town/town (or something like that in my weird game). I kinda get the same impression here with SPF/Alison, like there are mutual town reads struggling to spring out through a barrier of unease.

This is an extremely specific comparison, so it may mean little or nothing. Thought I'd share anyway.
towny post imo though I disagree lightly with the thought process
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:29 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:16 pm SPF what do you think has been the towniest thing you've done so far this game? In a vacuum, what's the best reason to townread you?
i don't feel that i'm obvious town to anyone who doesn't already know how i typically play. the strongest argument i can give for me being town is that i have a lower postcount than BoKnows but a significantly higher ratio of text. i am uninterested in creating a strong presence in the thread and more interested in working in my own corner of the game and poking and prodding at things that stand out to me. if i was playing from a wolf mindset then i would be more intense, more focused on establishing particular narratives, more stilted, etc etc
You all know me. I'm an obvious wolf. I should basically be confirmed town by this point.

This is a joke I'm not saying it's what SPF is saying
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:16 pm @staypositivefriend how d'ya think you'll wield your vote once you decide not to chop yourself? :goofp:
my vote would probably land on aL_sama, marmot, or ted right now. i honestly don't have a single name that i can point to as definitely being scum right now though - i moreso have the game divided between "probably town" and "probably not town"
I also had a salad for dinner tonight.
my number one takeaway from this game so far is that i don't understand what "salad" means :P
"I would vote A, B, or C" is close to the prototype for the player salad tell. It's suggestive of keeping one's options wide open when not comfortable committing to suspicions. What's holding you back from placing one of those votes right now?
I actually thought that was a towny post
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 330

Post by tutuu »

eso cute pap pap
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 pm I don't actually care all that much about spf's self vote and joke claim shenanigans. I just needed something to stir the pot with while phone posting at work.

I seriously don't understand posts like this. What stirring the pot does questioning something fully NAI accomplish? Like rly I'm just still hung up on people criticizing me for finding minor details to scum read people on while others are just in thread like "y'know what, I'm just going to question this. To start arguments."
I do a thing. SPF responds to said thing. Player B might then respond to SPF responding to me. Player C might respond to me by doing X. We can make reads on Player C based on X. SPF and Player B might have an extended conversation resulting in SOMETHING. All the while I'm not even here. I'm just trying to breathe life into the thread while I'm away.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:30 am okay I'm not w/w with Michelle that's good news

maybe I can summon @Dom too
"that's good news" LMAO
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:53 am Michelle seems town based on the night/day difference I'm seeing from when I played against her in Spiderverse
good and agreeable post
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:44 am
I just reviewed it again. I find both your needling and his responses to that needling to be generally whatever. The only thought that even came to mind was that I'm not sure what you describe in 1212 is something that mafia-aligned players are likely to think of (generally speaking) as some deliberate strategy. KZA agrees with that apparently. Still, that doesn't mean much to me. It's just "that accusation is wrong" rather than "I'm a civilian". The shrugs persist.
It does not need to have been a deliberate strategy. I did not conceive of it as such when I initially wrote it, though I understand it being received that way by you and KZA. I would see it more as a knee-jerk, impulsive response to pressure by someone who has been caught off guard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:11 am My eyes are glazing over the walls in pages 21-23 sorry i cant ;-;
interesting post. Gonna think on it more
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:03 am It does not need to have been a deliberate strategy. I did not conceive of it as such when I initially wrote it, though I understand it being received that way by you and KZA. I would see it more as a knee-jerk, impulsive response to pressure by someone who has been caught off guard.
I thought you might mean it that way, and it is a preferable interpretation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate that Michelle didn't use ketchup to bury herself in busy work. She looked over page one and did the ketchup post, but she also made her presence in the current thread and responded to current posts. Nice two-way approach to finding her footing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

sup
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:47 am
KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:39 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:33 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:03 pm Nanook hasn't spoken to me once but now I'm Maf to him so he can get OMGUS'd too
[VOTE: KZA] aubergine
whatever
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:56 pm @KZA why are you so staunch in your townread of Sloonei?
Lots of people are, why's his townread notable?
probably because Marmot is iso'ing me first as he said instead he was going to
why do you not care about the Alison vote
It was more of an attempt to calm myself down since I get easily tilted when voted as town
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I appreciate the sentiment but I don't recall you acting like this in bread mafia, which is a more "Serious" format, while this being closed and 22 players, is less serious, and you also said in bread mafia that "robot jay is more often scum"
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

I feel better about Esooa in that she's visibly progressing her reads right now on players like myself and JJJ that she previously FOS'd
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:46 pm POE: AL_sama, JPIC, KZA, TonyStarkPrime, tedxtr
doesn't get any more syndicate than this
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

agree

the problem is poeple have no clue how to use it. They don't use it as "voting someone because they voted you," they use it as "voting someone who is voting you," which is annoying
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

agree

the problem is poeple have no clue how to use it. They don't use it as "voting someone because they voted you," they use it as "voting someone who is voting you," which is annoying
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:06 amsup
Hi ted. I have my vote on you out of some very vague notion of your thread posture, like my eyeballs gravitate to your name when I look at the player list with my town reads in mind. Please tell me why you are town so I can do something with my read, k thanks.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:56 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:54 am
why Alison
Why aren't you asking him about tutuu?
because I'm more interested in his read on you

Why?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:09 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:06 amsup
Hi ted. I have my vote on you out of some very vague notion of your thread posture, like my eyeballs gravitate to your name when I look at the player list with my town reads in mind. Please tell me why you are town so I can do something with my read, k thanks.
when people suspect me on d1 i'm usually town
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:56 am

I do a thing. SPF responds to said thing. Player B might then respond to SPF responding to me. Player C might respond to me by doing X. We can make reads on Player C based on X. SPF and Player B might have an extended conversation resulting in SOMETHING. All the while I'm not even here. I'm just trying to breathe life into the thread while I'm away.
Yes, but I don't really know why do it over something NAI

Like idk, I never really have a lack of things I can ask about if I want to

But oh well
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I think SPF is town
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:07 am
I appreciate the sentiment but I don't recall you acting like this in bread mafia, which is a more "Serious" format, while this being closed and 22 players, is less serious, and you also said in bread mafia that "robot jay is more often scum"
Yeah I don't fault you for that. In Bread Mafia I played what was probably my loosest game in two or three years. I hardly capitalized letters and was pretty spammy. It was a sort of liberating experience to return after a few months away. That kind of play is the exception for me rather than the rule though.

And when I am a robot, I look different even from this. Here I am a boisterous fellow with joviality and cheek. My robot body is a humorless bore. I'd like to work on that, but I never seem to roll mafia so fuggit!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:03 am It does not need to have been a deliberate strategy. I did not conceive of it as such when I initially wrote it, though I understand it being received that way by you and KZA. I would see it more as a knee-jerk, impulsive response to pressure by someone who has been caught off guard.
I thought you might mean it that way, and it is a preferable interpretation.
I think my follow-up response probably looks to be at odds with this original intention, at a certain angle. That's because I was responding to KZA's direct question about why he would be using that as a tactic. The question lead to the assumption that it was a deliberate strategic choice, when my original suggestion was meant as something less calculated than that.

And this makes me question KZA again. I don't think it is uncommon for a caught mafier to resist their accusers by throwing up a wall of "Why would I...?" questions when they have nothing else to fall back on. KZA's response to me would fit that mold.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570

Post by staypositivefriend »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:55 am

i actually can't - my most recently completed scum game is north pole oligarchy on epicmafia (RIP). i'm all town, all the time :P
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:07 am
Yeah I don't fault you for that. In Bread Mafia I played what was probably my loosest game in two or three years. I hardly capitalized letters and was pretty spammy. It was a sort of liberating experience to return after a few months away. That kind of play is the exception for me rather than the rule though.

And when I am a robot, I look different even from this. Here I am a boisterous fellow with joviality and cheek. My robot body is a humorless bore. I'd like to work on that, but I never seem to roll mafia so fuggit!
Okay. That being my baseline I interpreted that comment differently, as this game you're very, say, cleanly trying to walk through various though processes as in thread, in a way which isn't exactly... thought process-y, but instead succinct walk through of the process, which I found to be weird, and robot-esque
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 am I think SPF is town
interesting! what makes you think so?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:13 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:55 am

i actually can't - my most recently completed scum game is north pole oligarchy on epicmafia (RIP). i'm all town, all the time :P
btw I'm probably gonna open every game with u with a scum read on you just so I can question you about stuff and pressure you cause I want to solve you

People were asking me about this in the last games we played too and I'm just like bruh cmon

Idk that's just how I wanna do things
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i was hoping that the heat getting off of JPIC for a while would encourage him to scumhunt and solve the game on his own time - but it seems to have done the complete opposite. it worries me that JPIC's motivation in the thread was the highest when he was under suspicion
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:14 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 am I think SPF is town
interesting! what makes you think so?
your post answering someone about who you would vote contained only 3 names which you had no real substantiated points against at that time. It lacked direction, and was consistent with the more floating in the wind way I felt you had reads before, where you were interpreting stuff but not generally taking it too serious. Dunno if I'm explaining completely correctly, but yeah
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

as scum you'd probably, "I scum read this person for these reasons"

Return to “Previous Jobs”