Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 am
Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 am if someone knows why I'm town reading tutuu I'll say they're cool
is it because I am?
no

Btw how much do u trust my spf read

btw I'm drinking
what is your read?
no I just mean in general
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Mac you’ve said this in every game I’ve played where I’m town for the last six months and I do not care
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 399

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 am I still don’t get the amount of resistance towards oddmerta upon an iso dive

Also, quite shocked to wake up to someone saying “I can’t parse what you mean by “he’s having trouble finding a tunnel for genuine reasons” “

???
Oddmerta is pushing on scummy people and not against any of the townie people and not doing any pushing or shielding in a way that feels performative.

When someone's reads are >rand accurate and scummy enough to be getting wagoned that is a town 99/100 times.
You think JPIC is a wolf?
JPIC >1000 posted in the GOC as town and he is incapable of replicating that level of WIM as mafia. He is a polarised player to me until I see evidence to the contrary. He is cement set in his mafia meta in this game.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Alright that’s it i’m doing iso dives like I used to do in FTL and whatever other early games
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 am Mac you’ve said this in every game I’ve played where I’m town for the last six months and I do not care
Citation needed. Show me one example and I'll relent. My only memory of scumreading you was being the only one to scumread you correctly in the game you just endgamed and won as mafia.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tsp do you like mafia or town more
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 am TSP why are you voting me? As a fellow slanker I’d expect better from you
He isn't slanking
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 am Why are there three "yes but we shouldn't" names in there?
JPIC’s town, LC’s town, Marmot is maybe a wolf but probably should be given time to fall into familiar patterns / start solving
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:15 am marmot, when you get the chance, do you mind quickly breaking down your reads for me? just hearing your view of the game rn would be helpful for me
Sure. I'm about to go to bed, but here's where I'm at.

I think some of the players who are steering the thread and maintaining a cohesive, team-oriented approach are town. This includes JJJ and Sloonei. There are probably other such active players that I haven't had the chance to interact with, but these two are standouts.

Tutuu has been high activity, but low commitment to her reads, I don't think there's much sincerity behind it. I can dig into it tomorrow to see if I still feel that way.

I've already explained my read of you. Some good posts. One icky post.

Nanook is in a slightly similar boat, one post that I didn't care for, but overall has been fine. I expressed suspicion of him earlier, but when I think about it, I'd expect more slanking from him as mafia.

TSP and Bo I think are town due to volume and content. Bo in particular seems extremely comfortable and fluid here to an extent that I've never seen from himn, and he's been the Day 1 yeet in multiple recent games.

These are the players that have stood out to me thus far. Thanks for asking, this was a useful exercise for me too
thank you! that is definitely useful
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

for those who must know my tutuu read, btw

It's that Tutuu likes mafia, but doesn't rand it often

She likes it a lot!

Meanwhile in this game she has said in 2 separate occasions that she hasn't read up, and generally doesn't seem to care that much

I don't think she as mafia would take this line of approach to be town read cause it's generally easy (same with the typos thing SoD), and she's not gone this direction before

@Alison what do u think
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 am [VOTE: tutuu] aubergine

I don't actually plan on dying.
i'm not going to say that this is a wolftell but i have literally never seen a "I Have No Intentions Of Dying Today"-esque post that didn't come from a wolf
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 am Alright that’s it i’m doing iso dives like I used to do in FTL and whatever other early games
I am excited to see what this turns up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:55 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 am Mac you’ve said this in every game I’ve played where I’m town for the last six months and I do not care
Citation needed. Show me one example and I'll relent. My only memory of scumreading you was being the only one to scumread you correctly in the game you just endgamed and won as mafia.
I had him at the end
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

The new master spreadsheet's less convenient but is more correct. pros and cons.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu completely dodged the question when i asked her to clarify the reasons why she townread me, even though she knew i was suspicious about her read on me. i feel like tutuu as a wolf would be more likely to come up w/some fake reason instead of just going "i'm not telling!"
tutuu
Posts in topic: 330

Post by tutuu »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:44 am Vote: michelle
I agree actually. I think she might be mafia
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: Al sama] aubergine
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:36 am
Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:34 am
Marmot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:04 am Not only am I mafia, but I am on all of the mafia teams.
@TonyStarkPrime this sounds like Simone Gerhardt
Y’ain’t wrong

What is this?
Is this game is to be a multiball then mafia factions would be the Gerhardt family crime syndicate and the Kansas City mafia. If there was someone who is in both factions it would be Simone Gerhardt, daughter of Dodd Gerhardt who was sleeping with Mike Milligan of the Kansas City mafia
and betraying family secrets to him
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 am tutuu completely dodged the question when i asked her to clarify the reasons why she townread me, even though she knew i was suspicious about her read on me. i feel like tutuu as a wolf would be more likely to come up w/some fake reason instead of just going "i'm not telling!"
she is either doing a way over the top "why would mafia do that" act or is just town

probably just town at this point idk
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:26 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:16 pm My only experience of marmot is that he is silly when mafia and pretty serious when town. My sample size is only three games so I acknowledge i need more data.
I've realized this as well and am attempting to make them more consistent. :noble:
What is this
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:49 am I still don’t get the amount of resistance towards oddmerta upon an iso dive

Also, quite shocked to wake up to someone saying “I can’t parse what you mean by “he’s having trouble finding a tunnel for genuine reasons” “

???
Oddmerta is pushing on scummy people and not against any of the townie people and not doing any pushing or shielding in a way that feels performative.

When someone's reads are >rand accurate and scummy enough to be getting wagoned that is a town 99/100 times.
JPIC >1000 posted in the GOC as town and he is incapable of replicating that level of WIM as mafia. He is a polarised player to me until I see evidence to the contrary. He is cement set in his mafia meta in this game.
Hmmm
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

man these ISOs are pretty rigged

sometimes the order is right (page 1 to page 2 where the first post starts on page 1) and if you leave the iso and do it again it flips upside down
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

KZA wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:00 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:58 am tutuu completely dodged the question when i asked her to clarify the reasons why she townread me, even though she knew i was suspicious about her read on me. i feel like tutuu as a wolf would be more likely to come up w/some fake reason instead of just going "i'm not telling!"
she is either doing a way over the top "why would mafia do that" act or is just town

I am weighing this. But I cannot shake the feeling that I just don't believe that tutuu sounds authentic in many of her posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 am man these ISOs are pretty rigged

sometimes the order is right (page 1 to page 2 where the first post starts on page 1) and if you leave the iso and do it again it flips upside down
USE THE ONES ON THE FRONT PAGE...THEY ARE NOT BACKWARDS
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 am man these ISOs are pretty rigged

this is why we don't always use chronological isos. They're kinda broken like that. The reverse ones are less intuitive to read through, but at least they work consistently.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Esooa wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:57 am for those who must know my tutuu read, btw

It's that Tutuu likes mafia, but doesn't rand it often

She likes it a lot!

Meanwhile in this game she has said in 2 separate occasions that she hasn't read up, and generally doesn't seem to care that much

I don't think she as mafia would take this line of approach to be town read cause it's generally easy (same with the typos thing SoD), and she's not gone this direction before

@Alison what do u think
Eso smart pat pat

Well i still read everything that i missed tho, im just very amused by saying "didnt read lol" it sounds hilarious

but yesh im townie
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

OH THE ISOS ARE BROKEN AT A SOUL LEVEL

SORRY I DO NOT WISH TO LEAD YOU ASTRAY
KZA
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 am

???

I >1000 posted in GoC which was a detriment to my health
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Marmot always scumreads me and in all but one games he was scum so sure he can die for the sin of wanting me dead

I do think al sama has the highest chance to flip scum

I dont see the michelle townreads i think its too early
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Everyone >1000 posted in the GoC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:06 am Marmot always scumreads me and in all but one games he was scum so sure he can die for the sin of wanting me dead

I do think al sama has the highest chance to flip scum

I dont see the michelle townreads i think its too early
Why? @ the bottom two statements
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I'm currently in the lead with votes, should I claim?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

All of al samas posts feel to me like a wolf struggling to post

I dont need to justify me not townreading michelle, its the other way around. People need to justify their townreads and i reject the validity of their townreads (rejecting townread => null, not scum)
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:09 am I'm currently in the lead with votes, should I claim?
Probably not
KZA
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oddmerta wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:09 am I'm currently in the lead with votes, should I claim?
No.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

No day ends in 14 hours 50 mins
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:02 am

I am weighing this. But I cannot shake the feeling that I just don't believe that tutuu sounds authentic in many of her posts.
I am not confident either way really

One thing I thought of is that she hasn't sounded frustrated at any point despite many accusations. Last time I towned with her in Shadow Corridors she was snappy and sounded noticeably annoyed when she was widely suspected early on.

Obviously that's just one game and it was awhile ago so not sure if this is a big or consistent meta thing for her but maybe others know more?
KZA
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 am Just sitting here, minding my own business, waiting for Mac to scumread me for getting on his nerves
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 am @TonyStarkPrime you keep avoiding me you're mafia
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am is what I was going to write before I entered the thread and read that last post and was like 'holy shit TSP is a god of some kind' then i wrote it anyway because lol
here's an actual interaction we literally had in GoC. you voted for me on day 2, I was town, you were town, blah blah blah.

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/searc ... &start=100
Here's a link to your abdimals iso where you say I'm probably town but I'm acting antitown because my reads are bad and I'm confusing you and then you lead a push and get me chopped anyways. we are both town.

these are the only two t/t games we've had that I found in x amount of time. you also scumread me in my champs game but I can't prove it because I can't search your name, and I remember establishing this read a long time ago because we turboed once on MU and I thought you were a wolf because you TRed me (this was correct)
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

KZA wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 am

One thing I thought of is that she hasn't sounded frustrated at any point despite many accusations. Last time I towned with her in Shadow Corridors she was snappy and sounded noticeably annoyed when she was widely suspected early on.

Obviously that's just one game and it was awhile ago so not sure if this is a big or consistent meta thing for her but maybe others know more?
tutuu was pretty snappy when she was scum read in GoC. I was scared
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

at the very least this should be accepted as evidence that "mac scumreads tsp for getting on his nerves" is not a new thing :P
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Yea mafia is just a game u shouldnt take it so seriously and ppl who think theyre really good at it have opinions that are opposite of the truth, nobody is really good at mafia
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 am
KZA wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 am

tutuu was pretty snappy when she was scum read in GoC. I was scared
I would be too

but this is good news I suppose
KZA
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I've also heard the "you're playing differently than you have before" thing in the past but I don't know where and one of us might have been a wolf
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

tutuu wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:10 am All of al samas posts feel to me like a wolf struggling to post

I dont need to justify me not townreading michelle, its the other way around. People need to justify their townreads and i reject the validity of their townreads (rejecting townread => null, not scum)
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 68#p760768

I pretty quickly townread her for making this post minutes after entering, it's confident and demonstrates a willingness to engage with and try to solve what's in front of her

it was only one game but when I saw Michelle as a wolf she was pretty passive and mostly looking to blend until she got smoked out
KZA
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:27 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:24 pm I like Sloonei's vibe

I remembered that Al is never posting much, so I read his posts. In a vacuum he looks good. But I didn't read any context to make a more educated guess.
what did you like about his posts?
What I like about black coffee? It's simple, efficient and you drink it fast because when it's cold isn't as good as hot
Al's posts are simple and efficient and easy/fast to read. If he has a visible agenda, should be noticeable after few flips. Until then, I think we have to look for scum elsewhere
I snap-read Michelle as town for this post. The "black coffee" analogy was funny and kinda clever, and presumably spontaneous. Coming from Michelle especially, I thought this sort of response would be too quirky and specific to be anything less than honest.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:18 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:07 pm
fingersplints wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:56 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:32 pm Hello folks. I voted for 8pm!
This post, we can all clearly see that he voted for 8pm. Why feel the need to tell us this at all?
Sweet case.
This made me laugh.

But on this thought, once upon a time it used to be a rule that you had to post in the thread what your vote was. Or maybe it was just considered good form. Is this not the case anymore?
I figured it had probably been discussed, and mattered to people, so I vocalized my opinion.
I don’t understand your response to me. I don’t have a problem with you vocalising your opinion. I’m just genuinely curious if people don’t post their votes in the thread (like you did) anymore because Oddmerta seemed to find your vote post strange.
What's not to understand? I read your hypothesis for why someone would choose to post their vote, and thought about my reason, and responded. I didn't do it for good form, I did it because I thought it probably mattered to some players to know. Kind of similar, really, I think that's WHY it's good form generally: to make sure people know.
kind of awkward response really. at the very least, i'd be at least a bit confident in saying finger and LC are probably unaligned from this.
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:02 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 pm Wait for real???

Alison just made a joke? Like. In her own humorous way u know. I mean u know her. That post of hers is very typical of her. Or if not a joke, like, just casual talk

I dont trust u for making an analytical wall about that alison post (i dont have a read on alison)

I think its full of BALLOONEI which rhymes with SLOONEI wow is he also maf

----
Im sexond guessing myself

U ddbsay "alison very determied player"

So like if u arholdimg her to the standars of a robot - sure. So maybe u could he town and believe that post hm. Maybe u dont know alison as well as i do?
ftr this post was the reason I was TRing Alison
Does that mean you suspect tutuu?
ehhh. i don't really have a gth take on this - it's clear that he makes a kind of weird jump at the very least? like he skips a few steps on the progression chain, but I actually don't know if it means anything. i mean, have you not seen instances where you just agree with someone else's read on a person? why did you jump towards him thinking tutuu is scum and thus spewed alison town?
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:36 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:31 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:59 pm and besides - there's a possibility tutuu straight up spewed jpic a villager here since she's making a few wolfy posts
tutuu would be in my POE if not for the shield dropped on her by Mac.
What makes you think you can rely on Joseph's reads?
i think this thinly reaches into that "questions that a wolf wouldn't really ask" territory, if nothing but for the fact that I can't possibly seem to gather what the agenda with this question is / how he'd follow up on it afterwards
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:40 am I had looked at Bo's ISO last night, and I got some bad vibes from it. Then Joseph said something negative about Bo that I agreed with or at least was willing to sheep. And the "I forgot who ted was" thing strikes me as a not-entirely-genuine mistake (probably with a real core) that is getting played up to cultivate a slightly derpy harmless-town look.
the way this entire read is phrased doesn't really seem all that genuine to me, but i can't really confidently say it comes from a wolf.

funny enough, it could go either way in my head. doesn't really hit me too hard.

==

skipping a few posts since it'd take an eternity, but i guess I can see how he was being misunderstood around the mafia voting together thing

tl;dr i wouldn't really want to go for LC here but it's more on lack of info and there being reasonable doubt / not having anything that would resemble a dunk on him
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

you won't be dying on my watch pilgrim
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:11 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:52 am Just sitting here, minding my own business, waiting for Mac to scumread me for getting on his nerves
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:54 am @TonyStarkPrime you keep avoiding me you're mafia
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:55 am is what I was going to write before I entered the thread and read that last post and was like 'holy shit TSP is a god of some kind' then i wrote it anyway because lol
here's an actual interaction we literally had in GoC. you voted for me on day 2, I was town, you were town, blah blah blah.

https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/searc ... &start=100
Here's a link to your abdimals iso where you say I'm probably town but I'm acting antitown because my reads are bad and I'm confusing you and then you lead a push and get me chopped anyways. we are both town.

these are the only two t/t games we've had that I found in x amount of time. you also scumread me in my champs game but I can't prove it because I can't search your name, and I remember establishing this read a long time ago because we turboed once on MU and I thought you were a wolf because you TRed me (this was correct)
Access denied.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am not 100% convinced KZA is mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I meant. Now convinced. He is mafia. Fucking typo.

Return to “Previous Jobs”