Two votes with about twelve hours left.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Re: [DAY 8] Fight Club Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. So as it turns out, I will most likely be able to hold my vote until tomorrow morning. Still thinking either Sorsha or LC, so I will probably sleep on it before coming to a decision.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

Well I have been trying to read and post all day. Either a child got in my way, or work, or my damn internet wasn't working. So much to read today. I went back and read the last day as I had missed a lot. As far as I could see there wasn't much to get out last day. Not much went on or said. The votes weren't really that suspicious.

To be completely honest I'm having troubles remembering specifics from the last couple of pages. So I guess I will have to look at them again. *sigh*
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: [DAY 7] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Long Con »

I don't understand why someone said that my vote on Dom is 'suspicious'. Here's a sampling of the votes that were cast that day. Clearly there was not much consensus on who was guilty that day, because of the spread-out-ness of all the votes. I may be guilty of a lack of conviction on who is bad in this game, but that's all I'm guilty of. I mean, look at this sampling of voting reasons:
Boomslang wrote:Throwing my vote at Leamiteo to discourage revenge voting. Seems like an unnecessarily aggressive action.
Leamiteo wrote:I'm voting SVS because she is dead wrong about me.
Kylemii wrote:*votes random sorsha*
juliets wrote:So Mr. R, where have you gone and would you please come back to the game?

votes Mr. R
Canucklehead wrote:Imma vote for Elochin. She's been super absent, and possibly missed sending I her kill PM last night.....Basically random...but with the semblance of reason! :thumbsup:
There's a whole rainbow of weak reasons people voted for people, and yet mine alone is suspicious. And because he's so interesting, let's look at Llama again, and his theory:
thellama73 wrote:Okay, here's the thing (are you ready to hear the thing? Cause here it is): The police can search someone every night to see if they are bad and kill them if they are, right? There have been no police kills lately, so I am going to assume they have been failing at this job. Who would the police likely search? Presumably the people they find suspicios in the thread, the same people they re voting to lynch. This leads me to conlcude that someone who has taken a lot of votes (like Bullz, for example) is almoost certainly innocent (until Tyler reads this and immediately recruits Bullz.)

For this reason, I am going to vote for someone who has taken NO suspicion, someone who the police would have no reason to check.

That person is Dom.
So, Llama, you wanted to vote for Dom because he was the best, most prime example of someone who fits your big theory on how Tyler recruits. What did you hope to accomplish with this vote, really? Either you wanted Dom to be lynched and found baddie, in which case you got what you were aiming for, and the results don't please the public, so now the OTHER votes on Dom (not yours) are suspicious because he was a Civilian. Or, you wanted NOBODY else to vote Dom, in which case I can think of two scenarios: a) you wanted to just poke at someone you thought was a baddie, without lynching them, which would make you a baddie target, which is pretty foolish, or b) you already knew Dom wasn't a baddie, and you didn't expect anyone to follow along with your vote, allowing you to hide out indefinitely behind your overdiscussed recruitment theory.

I don't think you're a fool, Llama. I do think you've devoted a great deal of posting to seeming pro-Civvie - like you're going to crack the code of who has been recruited through patient logic, but your first attempt to actually pick a name that fit your theory fell flat on its face, whatever the result you might have been hoping for. Then, when I brought up the convenient nature of Boogs saving you from lynch at the last minute, you immediately turn on me and try to discredit me. What do they call that on this site, a No U, an OMGUS? Whatever it is, you clearly did it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Very interesting LC. I see you took part of my vote post but didn't bother to take the whole thing because well, it looks stupider the way you chose to represent it. There is no context or comment. I wonder how many of the other vote posts you cut off part of the reason. Would a civ do that? Or an unrecruited policeman? I don't know, I'll sleep on it. And just for the record, here is the entire part of the post that had to do with my vote:

I do not have strong feelings about anyone this lynch. It just feels like an impossible task to me to find Tyler right now. There are some things I need to read through again I just dont have time before this lynch. Boogs already has votes calling him out for not being present in the game and I'm going to vote for Mr. Rearranger to prompt him to come out of the shadows and discuss or theorize or do anything frankly. I don't understand the change in him from the first part of the game to the second. I thought about voting Lea but I'm not quite ready to commit to her.

So Mr. R, where have you gone and would you please come back to the game?

votes Mr. R
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I thought that the basic intention of your vote was clear in the part I quoted, juliets. I wasn't trying to deceive anyone about your reason for the vote - you were voting MR as a kind of a prod to provoke him into posting more, right? The part I quoted gets that across just fine in my opinion.

Have a look at any of the posts if you think there's more context that should be known, but I really don't believe I altered anyone's meaning.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ugh I have been so fail this past week or so. Basically, I got engaged, lost almost my entire second shift staff at my store, and then my fiancé moved across the country. Yep. It has been crazy and now I am working insane hours until they hire me some new people. Fun. And I see I have to make twelve on topic posts by eleven am tomorrow. Well crud.

I am like ten pages behind too.

Lets start with this... I just read the BR/LC thing and I don't personally consider it illegal BTSC. Mainly because I know what it is like being in a relationship with someone else who is playing the game with you. I confess I think there was once in a past game (can't remember which) I knew I could not get home in time to vote like I thought I would and Alex cast the vote on my behalf, in much the same way. He left it for me to explain so it essentially looked like a drive by vote.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [NIGHT 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

juliets wrote:Lea, there is no bandwagon. At this point there is SVS saying she is suspicious of you and me saying there was a conversation with you and DH that I thought was odd and I will probably take a look at your posts. You sound more defensive than this amount of activity calls for. Is there something I'm missing?
I don't know if she is even still alive or not, or if nothing came of this, but I know Leamiteo pretty well and this reads more like frustration to me than defensiveness. I guess it helps to know the mannerisms of a person IRL and be able to read them through their written words. I have not at this time seen anything I found to be suspect from Leanna. But I could be wrong I suppose.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [NIGHT 6] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

Canucklehead wrote: Re: who would want to recruit DH: I am very much of the opinion that DH was recruited precisely for his loudness/obnoxiousness (Love you, girl/wackyness, and my hunch is that Tyler was seeking these qualities because s/he is NOT naturally disposed towards that jokey/dominant gameplay. For example, I know for sure that if I were Tyler (and assuming I'd matured from my previous mafia policy of rewarding hilarity.....which I totally have NOT matured from, by the way :noble: ) my strategy would be to recruit a player who was sweet/nice, took the game seriously, was very involved in theories and suspicions, and was a fairly high-poster. I would do this because my style is usually to be bitchy/horrible, to never take anything seriously, very rarely contribute to the paranoia/suspicions/etc, and post only two or three times per day. To be quite honest, I would recruit Bea or unfurl as my first recruit because they are both the polar opposite of my playstyle :srsnod: (That's totally a compliment, chicas. No one wants to play like me :omg: )This is because I would want my teammates to be always at arm's length from me, and the best way I would have of doing that would be to eliminate even the subconscious connections that players could create between us due to similar playstyles/tones.

Long story short: I think we're looking for a Tyler who is fairly quiet/fairly serious/fairly thoughtful. I think further recruits will possibly be similar to DH in that they are experienced and confident, but perhaps a little more serious in tone.

I know many (most) of you will dismiss this theory as silly, and possibly even be upset by the fact that such a theory seems to punish prominent players just for being prominent.......but I really think that this dynamic (of attempting to guess how the recruiter is going to operate, who they would want to choose) is an inherent part of a recruitment focused game....so there! :P
I find this analysis kind of weird personally. If I were Tyler I would not be going to great lengths to recruit a certain kind of player. I think it is odd that you went into such detail to describe exactly what kind of player you would recruit and who they would be. Almost struck me like, hey see, it's not me because this is what I would do if I were Tyler, but obviously I'm not because I wouldn't have recruited DH. What? I think it is much more likely that discussion about who would be likely to recruit DH would be based pon association to him than anything so meta as all that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Mister Rearranger »

juliets wrote:Very interesting LC. I see you took part of my vote post but didn't bother to take the whole thing because well, it looks stupider the way you chose to represent it. There is no context or comment. I wonder how many of the other vote posts you cut off part of the reason. Would a civ do that? Or an unrecruited policeman? I don't know, I'll sleep on it. And just for the record, here is the entire part of the post that had to do with my vote:

I do not have strong feelings about anyone this lynch. It just feels like an impossible task to me to find Tyler right now. There are some things I need to read through again I just dont have time before this lynch. Boogs already has votes calling him out for not being present in the game and I'm going to vote for Mr. Rearranger to prompt him to come out of the shadows and discuss or theorize or do anything frankly. I don't understand the change in him from the first part of the game to the second. I thought about voting Lea but I'm not quite ready to commit to her.

So Mr. R, where have you gone and would you please come back to the game?

votes Mr. R
You voted for me?! :huh: For shame! :p

So just on a related note, I remember voting for Dom over the course of multiple games on LP with little to no basis behind it. So not unheard of.

However, I'm not sure I'm buying LC's part in the back-and-forth with Llama, even though he was kind enough to vote for me to fight. I'm used to seeing more conviction from him, but this difference could simply be due to the nature of this game. I know I'm more lost than ever. :/

This game is a wild ride to catch up on, read back to 15 as of now...
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Keterman wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Will be busy graduating tomorrow! Voting Vomps. Only someone who's been recruited would say they wouldn't mind being recruited. :srsnod:
Um...no? That's not true at all? What?
Perhaps not a sure thing but I suppose I can see how it might look like a clever move to subtly appear more civ. if one implies they would like to be recruited they are essentially saying they have not yet been recruited. Also, they would seem like an obvious choice for a check for the policemen, which in turn would seem too obvious and perhaps make them a safer bet or recruitment, because who old recruit someone who openly asked to be in thread? I feel like I am picking one of two glasses of wine right now... Lol
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote: the fact that Llama keeps saying "trust the police", when this has been previously discussed, kinda paranoids me out. And the fact that he called Unfurls thoughts "nonsense" feels like he's trying to discount her opinions, which have been prolific and insightful. I don't like it, tbh. Does not mean he is bad. But it does not make me feel good about him.
This is a very interesting point about llama. I didn't pick up on him saying that about the cops, but it does seem strange that as thoughtful a player as llama has not considered the possibility of cops being compromised. But he would not be the first person who did not seem to consider it, I suppose. I just wouldn't expect it from him.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Boomslang wrote:Throwing my vote at Leamiteo to discourage revenge voting. Seems like an unnecessarily aggressive action.
Lol this statement makes me giggle because she is the farthest thing from an aggressive person that I know of. I took her to be saying not that she was revenge voting but that SVS clinging to this theory on her was starting to make lea suspect her. Plus, I personally find it hard not to suspect someone who is wrongfully accusing me, so I could easily see this being the case here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 7: Dom's Demise

Dom has been lynched. He was an unrecruited Civilian.

Canucklehead has won the fight. Elohcin has been killed in the fight!!!! She was an unrecruited Civilian.

It is now Night 7. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs and vote on tomorrow's new fighters.
Ok does anyone else think it's weird Canuck pushed so hard to fight someone and then her opponent ended up dead? :| she must have quite the skill level there. And I would assume she knew it going in. Did she replace someone?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:^Glad to see you again as well, Russ! :)

See, I'm just of the opposite perspective. Eliminating BTSC between a baddie team essentially makes them all SKs for the purposes of in-thread behavior. Personally, I tend to have a better track record with suspecting solo baddies; however, I can never convince enough other players to believe me lol

I like SVS's notion of a baddie leader that simply PMs anonymous instructions to his cronies, regardless of if it's true or not. Just sounds like it'd be a cool role and make for an entertaining game.
I think I skipped one thing in my reading catch up. Why are we is cussing how the baddies might utilize BTSC? Why would it be anyway other than the norm for these games, I mean I have only ever seen chat rooms for the most part. Or is this a question about how/if BTSC works/exists for the recruits and Tyler? It would seem pretty disabling to the baddies to not allow them BTSC if you ask me. I can't see Alex crippling a team this way...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ooh, I got eight done, wow did not seem like that many, well I only get three hours of sleep now so I am going to try to sleep and post three more tomorrow.

I will leave it by saying this. I think the analysis of DH as a recruit is interesting but it unfortunately is not telling enough. As Canuck pointed out, he is a well known player to both old and new crowds. Plus he is a pretty well known player as at as his experience and ability. I'd pick someone who was as good as him any day, so I don't think his recruitment is a huge surprise and doesn't indicate a suspect to my mind. I'll revisit more in the thread tomorrow morning. Goodnight all
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

Spacedaisy wrote:
I think I skipped one thing in my reading catch up. Why are we is cussing how the baddies might utilize BTSC? Why would it be anyway other than the norm for these games, I mean I have only ever seen chat rooms for the most part. Or is this a question about how/if BTSC works/exists for the recruits and Tyler? It would seem pretty disabling to the baddies to not allow them BTSC if you ask me. I can't see Alex crippling a team this way...
I've brought it up a bit, because Alex hasn't been willing to clarify. If you look at the roles, it says narrator and Marla have btsc. the cops have btsc. Tyler and narrator have temp btsc. But it doesn't say anything about btsc with Project Mayhem. Sure, they likely do, but then why hasn't he said? It's weird.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Ok does anyone else think it's weird Canuck pushed so hard to fight someone and then her opponent ended up dead? :| she must have quite the skill level there. And I would assume she knew it going in. Did she replace someone?
She replaced FH, who I think lost a fight early on. If Canuckle has a high fight level, it sure didn't help the previous time! I'd still love to know how it all works!
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

boogs response on why he's been quiet sorta resonates with me, i can believe that as being a valid reason for being quiet, this game is very different from the average game after all and i can relate to having difficulty wrapping a head around it.
bea wrote:I would love to hear more from BR and Kyle. I keep forgetting about them except when they post. Leam seems to have dropped off the face of the earth since SVS dropped her suspicion.
hello Bea! <3

what would you like to hear from me?
juliets wrote:Very interesting LC. I see you took part of my vote post but didn't bother to take the whole thing because well, it looks stupider the way you chose to represent it. There is no context or comment. I wonder how many of the other vote posts you cut off part of the reason. Would a civ do that? Or an unrecruited policeman? I don't know, I'll sleep on it. And just for the record, here is the entire part of the post that had to do with my vote:
I was going to let this go, but LC did that to my vote-post-quote in that post too. I mean I did vote Sorsha for no real reason of course. It was a randomization, but the rest of the post was justification for why my vote was randomized. (AKA unable to make myself up to date on current events in time) My vote that day was only loosely comparable to his, and I think it kind of misses the point anyways.

Selective quoting can be an effective way of making posts less lengthy but only when the only information removed is irrelevant information. (i truncated most of the quotes in this post to include only relevant paragraphs in fact) If information which is even potentially relevant is omitted from a quote in a way which makes a point made by the quoter seem more valid seems like it may be a form of manipulation and it is concerning to me.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Kylemii wrote:
I was going to let this go, but LC did that to my vote-post-quote in that post too. I mean I did vote Sorsha for no real reason of course. It was a randomization, but the rest of the post was justification for why my vote was randomized. (AKA unable to make myself up to date on current events in time) My vote that day was only loosely comparable to his, and I think it kind of misses the point anyways.

Selective quoting can be an effective way of making posts less lengthy but only when the only information removed is irrelevant information. (i truncated most of the quotes in this post to include only relevant paragraphs in fact) If information which is even potentially relevant is omitted from a quote in a way which makes a point made by the quoter seem more valid seems like it may be a form of manipulation and it is concerning to me.
I've definitely truncated quotes as well, sometimes you have to. But not if you are using them to make a point like LC did. Explaining your vote and voting, is different than voting with little explanation. I'm very likely voting Long Con today. My gut is telling me this isn't like him.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

in fact, I went ahead and voted him. I didn't realize the poll ends at 8 in the morning, there's no way I'll have a chance to change my mind between now and then.
My siggie.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Spacedaisy wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:^Glad to see you again as well, Russ! :)

See, I'm just of the opposite perspective. Eliminating BTSC between a baddie team essentially makes them all SKs for the purposes of in-thread behavior. Personally, I tend to have a better track record with suspecting solo baddies; however, I can never convince enough other players to believe me lol

I like SVS's notion of a baddie leader that simply PMs anonymous instructions to his cronies, regardless of if it's true or not. Just sounds like it'd be a cool role and make for an entertaining game.
If Tyler is a powerhouse of a role, it could compensate to limit his recruits' knowledge who he is and their communication, but that's neither here nor there. Everyone was just running rampant with speculation at the time I posted that, as I'm sure you saw.

I've seen anonymous BTSC before anyways. I believe DH was Miles in the Lost game at Rev and had a "Miles chats with the dead" page. Not 100 percent sure if I'm remembering that correctly, but I think so... :/

@Timmer: interesting

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

@MR what's interesting?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

^His vote and, going back over his history, how much I find myself agreeing with his posts.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i see... *nods*

in any case, i need to vote tonight. i don't see myself voting boogs any more because his explanation felt sincere to me. i'm likely to vote for LC because of that selective quoting thing. my instincts tell me that that is a baddie-like thing to do.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I'll be intrigued to see what happens in the final few hours here. Gotta lay on a vote in the meantime. Maybe crazy counter-pushes will develop. Maybe I'll be wrong. Maybe it's Maybelline

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

voting for LC now, gonna drift into sleepy town now

i'll see what happens tomorrow z_z
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [NIGHT 7] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

Bullzeye wrote:
Sorsha wrote: And I don't care.... I'll fight again. You or whoever else.
I don't think you should. I don't really think anyone who has already won a fight should be allowed the chance to become more powerful than the rest of us until everyone who has never won a fight gets to and we're all back at the same level. Letting people get ahead in level might be a bad idea, we could end up making Tyler and his recruits more powerful than the civs.
I have to agree with this reasoning. I don't know how heavily the skill levels factor into fight results, but I would personally rather not give another shot at becoming stronger to the same people over and over. Why would we possibly hand an advantage over to our opponents?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [NIGHT 7] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Balls, I missed the 3 sentences stipulation of MP's post on the previous page. Reading-comprehension fail. :/

Probably best for me to fight anyways then. If I die here, it might save me the trouble of dying by the end of the day tomorrow. However, I'd like to at least try to survive.
This seems like as good a reason as any to vote for someone. If he does in the fight, we won't lose a participating player. I'll cast my vote for MR and Ketterman as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote: I also had a theory about dying in a fight, but when i looked back, I saw I was wrong. My theory was that it had nothing to do with who the dead person fought, it had to do with participating/not participating in the fight. I saw that Eloh did not post at all since before it was announced that she was a fighter. So I figured non participation was a no brainer for DP1 (DP2 where are you???), but when I went back, he HAD posted after his fight was announced, and I think that he did likely participate. So my theory lasted about 45 minutes. So I would like to hear other theories, too.
I think, knowing Alex, it is likely not going to be something clear we can figure out.i would be willing to bet there are various factors and he has some algorithm that determines the result. He has done that sort of thing before in some other game. I can't recall which one. I doubt it will be possible to say exactly what determines fights without having that algorithm.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, ugh. I al so far behind I was thinking we were still choosing two fighters. We are now in the lynch. I need to vote like now too. I am going to random a vote because I am obviously too out of the loop to adequately choose...

Kyle it is. *votes Kyle*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:Day 4 is not that quickly. Even if the police are not compromised, this leaves 3 other recruitement days (if your 1 per day theory is correct) before he may have changed course due to DH dying. Which would mean max 3 (days 5-7) non suspicious recruits. I understand your point, but DH not being killed until Night 4 means it does not hold water.

Plus my guess is not a recruit every night, but a kill OR a recruit. I have seen this before. It would explain the lack of kills.
I'm sorry you had a bad day and night. :( I hope the wine helped some. :hug:

OMG - I didn't even think of kill or recruit. I knew there was something fishy about the lack of killing, I just couldn't connect the dots. That makes a lot of sense really.

re LC: ok - see. Here's the thing. I'm naturally pretty wary of LC. He's one of those "OMG, I hope he's good!" players that like DH is oh sooooo good at the double cross. I mean - we are talking about the man who invented both :noble: and :feb:. I'm just sayin' never hurts to keep at least one eye firmly planted on him.

And were I Tyler, he'd definitely be on my wish list of recruits. But, and here's a thing I learned in recruitment, just because you want to recruit someone doesn't always mean you can. I don't know what sorts of things allow one to be recruited or not. I don't know if Tyler gets every recruit wish he has. From a design standpoint, I'd worry about balance at the point that I'm allowing carte blanche recruitment of anyone every night. Like pretty soon the baddies are all the most skilled players. Ya know?

Part of my not wanting to go down the "who would I recruit" rabbit hole is because I didn't want to blindly lynch people like LC and SVS and Llama and BR and Sorsha and Cannuck soley because they are experienced vets or people like Rusty or Bullz soley because they are pretty skilled when they are baddies too. It feels like it's a dark road to go down. (Call it the reverse low poster strategy if you would.)

And, as much as I get what people are saying about LC, part of me can't knock off the little feeling of "But LC's not that sloppy when he's bad."

Those sorts of things - like truncating posts - didn't read as intentionally misleading to me. I read the originals the first time as well as the copy paste. I got his point. - His point was - lots of people were making weak votes, why is only my weak vote getting looked at? It's a fair point. And yes - those that gave reasons for voting weak - gave reasons. And said they were weak. I don't think LC was trying to call any of you bad.

I also have to say that while I see the validity of the argument, the fact that he has 4 votes already has me sketched out too. I can't help but believe that a bad LC getting lynched is just too good to be true ya know?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm pretty sure I've met my posting requirements at this point, and I'm sorry for the read through in the morning of my big long posts people are going to have to read. But I am MOST DEFINITELY NOT going to be awake when the poll closes and I want to get as many of my thoughts out in the thread as I can before I make up my mind and vote and also so they are on record for those of you who will come in later and base judgements on what happened at night.

OK -so - also - what's been playing on my mind is that it's Day 8 and it *feels* like we should have some direction by now. But also - it's really kinda Day 4 in a game that doesn't have many leads. I know we've darn near exhausted DH's posts at this point. I'm wondering now why Project Mayhem chose to kill INH. Was it just because he was a cop? Cuz really, this is INH. I adore the boy personally, but lets be honest, he can shoot himself in the foot pretty quickly. As a baddie, I'd be inclined to just let INH be INH and ya know - civs will prolly lynch him. This is super odd to me and if I somehow forget to look at this, maybe my betters could? Or maybe they should also not trust what I find and look for themselves. Or I'm totally skipping a goove again. I feel like I type things and ideas this game and not many of them stick enough to get commented on or noticed.

If SVS is right in the idea that they can recruit OR kill, an INH kill seems...well....weird. Doesn't it? I only read the other threads once, but INH seemed particularly quiet this game. I don't really even remember him standing out. I think when I'm done here I'm going to try to find his post in the other threads. Because the more I think on this, the weirder it seems.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

@Kyle - and boogs - what I'd like to hear from you is well - anything. Even if it is just "I'm frustrated." I mean, I'm frustrated too. And I'm over worked too. And I'm still trying. I'd like to hear any sort of opinion you have on any of the things you read. I'd just like to hear from you. Growing quiet because you are feeling lost is not the way to go in these games. Keep trying keep plugging on - keep asking questions.

I don't want to lynch players because they are quiet (and I don't mean low posters. I mean people who normally talk but have just gone MIA with no warning.) and lost. I want them to say - I'm lost. I want them to post what they are thinking even if it is convoluted. Because suddenly quiet from normally active players sets off bells for me and I want you to turn off the bells if you are a civ.

I'm lost. My brainz are fried. Unfurl!!! we should have a fried brainz banner. Like Spacegoat.:srrsnd: But I'm trying. That's what I want from you kyle. Just what I'm doing.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

This is me if...no, when...I win the fight:

bea: Maybe that's not such a bad thing re: cluster of votes for LC. :shrug: I do know that at least I picked somebody this time, haha.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:Well I have been trying to read and post all day. Either a child got in my way, or work, or my damn internet wasn't working. So much to read today. I went back and read the last day as I had missed a lot. As far as I could see there wasn't much to get out last day. Not much went on or said. The votes weren't really that suspicious.

To be completely honest I'm having troubles remembering specifics from the last couple of pages. So I guess I will have to look at them again. *sigh*
I'm guessing the kids got in the way again during your re-read and that's why you didn't come back with some thoughts besides "I'm feeling so lost right now. OMG this is how the players of my games feel?" it's weird being on the other side of a mind eff game isn't it? You are too good of a player to let you keep sliding on this. I would and have been lynched MANY times for less. see: Day 1 of your last game.

@ MR - maybe it is - maybe it isn't? I don't know. I know that the very name LC is enough of a mind eff that I'm worried that it can't be *this* easy - ya know? Part of me is going - we HAVE to be being played here. Who was it that said - "I feel like I'm sitting in front of two cups of wine?" - yea. That's me re: LC. Also - THANK YOU for actually being up and around. I always feel like I'm talking to myself.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

And also - I KNOW you'll win your next fight. I have faith in you. :srsnod:
bea
Racketeer

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:
S~V~S wrote: I also had a theory about dying in a fight, but when i looked back, I saw I was wrong. My theory was that it had nothing to do with who the dead person fought, it had to do with participating/not participating in the fight. I saw that Eloh did not post at all since before it was announced that she was a fighter. So I figured non participation was a no brainer for DP1 (DP2 where are you???), but when I went back, he HAD posted after his fight was announced, and I think that he did likely participate. So my theory lasted about 45 minutes. So I would like to hear other theories, too.
I think, knowing Alex, it is likely not going to be something clear we can figure out.i would be willing to bet there are various factors and he has some algorithm that determines the result. He has done that sort of thing before in some other game. I can't recall which one. I doubt it will be possible to say exactly what determines fights without having that algorithm.
I really agree with this. I do truly believe that there are more factors that any of us players will ever understand till the end of the game. And even after the whole mess is over I still won't understand the math. I also don't see the harm in discussing the factors we *do* know about. Because it helps us to know things. As many unknowns as we can try to eliminate makes it better for us to make informed decisions.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:Also, ugh. I al so far behind I was thinking we were still choosing two fighters. We are now in the lynch. I need to vote like now too. I am going to random a vote because I am obviously too out of the loop to adequately choose...

Kyle it is. *votes Kyle*
And - ok - I hate to do this to you - as I did read about your losing your staff and I KNOW what a week and such you've had because all of us know that you are newly engaged to our host and he is in the process of moving.

But - and this has gone the same for me and BDH and I'm sure Elo/Epi have felt it and I am sure LC/BR feel it all the time. You can't have it both ways.

You lived with the host.

You KNOW you had extended time. Lots of extended time. We should have completed a whole cycle by now.

You KNOW you missed LOTS. Like LOTS. Why when you were playing catch up - wouldn't you realize you were *that* far behind? Why wouldn't you look at the most recent stuff first - at the least, to know you were in a lynch phase? It's right there - in bold red at the top of the forum.

Put yourself in my shoes for just a minute. You come out when your name is called for being gone in the game. You spend LOTS of your catch up time defending someone you know IRL on something that has *ages* past EXCEPT for the fact that I brought up the point that Leo has also been missing this very long cycle and I was MORE than curious about her reaction to svs dropping her case then her OMGUS vote.

Leam has not been around during this very long day/night cycle too when she said she'd have time after her mom left during the weekend. It's now Wed morning. And the vote is closing and no Leam. No reaction. No nothing. But you found the time to defend her. Not catch up on the most recent info, but to look at old stuff and defend her.

Unless MR says something really convincing in linki - I'm voting Daisy.

LC - if you're looking for a place to truncate vote posts - anything above - I'm ok with - anything below and I will srrsly think you are baddie mcbadderson.

I DO NOT WANT OR EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO VOTE THE SAME WAY. IN FACT I WILL LOOK ACTIVELY AGAINST PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW MY VOTE.

But Daisy - you are too good of a player to be doing these sorts of things. If the tables were turned your flairs would be up. I'm voting you because I'm putting you on notice. I *know* being busy. And I *know* wanting to help your love. But if you are too busy to play, replace. Watch the game on the sidelines with your love. (that's great fun btw.) I truely love you girl. I can't believe how much it actually hurts me to vote this way. But today, I feel it's the best placement of my vote. Step up sista.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Well I'm probably about to die anyway so I'll just vote LC. I've been doing too much lately (mostly going to the fair. Woo.) and haven't been able to focus at all. My fault really.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

While I am not totally surprised by the big LC push, he has not had many mentions before the last day or so, and i had him pegged for a civ early on, but it is a recruiting game; things change. On the other hand I am not too totally surprised based on his super hostile reaction to me re Lea. That kind of raised a brow for me at the time he said it. But I gotta say, at this stage of the game, when you are more about defense than offense, it isn't a good sign.

I want to do some rereading of him in the Town threads, I will likely fly by vote from phone at work a bit later.

@Bea~ I am confused. You think LC is Baddie McBadderson, but you are putting a vote on someone to put them on notice? But your points on Lea going AWOL are good ones, even I kinda forgot about her. So now I need to revisit her, too, especially since LC defended her himself.

And Thanks re bad day & bus, but now I gotta go out in the rain & catch the *&*(@^$@ bus again~ and there is a flood watch lol but the bus is slow, plenty of reading time~ and I can vote from work.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

Well I'm definitely not going out today so I guess I have some more time to try to get my head back into this game! With the other one being in a night phase as well today looks pretty good for me to try to wrap my brain around fight club again.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:While I am not totally surprised by the big LC push, he has not had many mentions before the last day or so, and i had him pegged for a civ early on, but it is a recruiting game; things change. On the other hand I am not too totally surprised based on his super hostile reaction to me re Lea. That kind of raised a brow for me at the time he said it. But I gotta say, at this stage of the game, when you are more about defense than offense, it isn't a good sign.

I want to do some rereading of him in the Town threads, I will likely fly by vote from phone at work a bit later.

@Bea~ I am confused. You think LC is Baddie McBadderson, but you are putting a vote on someone to put them on notice? But your points on Lea going AWOL are good ones, even I kinda forgot about her. So now I need to revisit her, too, especially since LC defended her himself.

And Thanks re bad day & bus, but now I gotta go out in the rain & catch the *&*(@^$@ bus again~ and there is a flood watch lol but the bus is slow, plenty of reading time~ and I can vote from work.

nooo - not at all - I think LC is ALWAYS baddie mcbadderson. And I can see how in this game that could be used against me. IE - it really can't be THIS easy to lynch baddie LC can it???

And I forgot LC defended her - what really brought her back was a) i was expecting a catsup that was all "Oh - crap - I voted svs just as she dropped her case on me. my bad. that didn't happen and b) daisy's defense of her seems very well timed.

and c) daisy should know better. She's better than that. If I had two votes to vote for being better players than that - BR would get my other vote.

Does that make more sense? I'm in end of day and you are in start of day and I know we can cross wires here.
the double edge sword of the bus. I know it well. My day is made or broken by how quickly it takes me to hop the transfer. If I can get it direct, life is good. If I'm waiting a half hour my whole rest of my day is shite. :(
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Bullzeye wrote:Well I'm definitely not going out today so I guess I have some more time to try to get my head back into this game! With the other one being in a night phase as well today looks pretty good for me to try to wrap my brain around fight club again.
I'm glad you are going to be around for the end vote. please don't follow mine. I'd like to at least give her time to defend.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

bea wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Well I have been trying to read and post all day. Either a child got in my way, or work, or my damn internet wasn't working. So much to read today. I went back and read the last day as I had missed a lot. As far as I could see there wasn't much to get out last day. Not much went on or said. The votes weren't really that suspicious.

I'm guessing the kids got in the way again during your re-read and that's why you didn't come back with some thoughts besides "I'm feeling so lost right now. OMG this is how the players of my games feel?" it's weird being on the other side of a mind eff game isn't it? You are too good of a player to let you keep sliding on this. I would and have been lynched MANY times for less. see: Day 1 of your last game.

@ MR - maybe it is - maybe it isn't? I don't know. I know that the very name LC is enough of a mind eff that I'm worried that it can't be *this* easy - ya know? Part of me is going - we HAVE to be being played here. Who was it that said - "I feel like I'm sitting in front of two cups of wine?" - yea. That's me re: LC. Also - THANK YOU for actually being up and around. I always feel like I'm talking to myself.

No I went to bed. I was exhausted and I couldn't read anymore. I still haven't gone back.

I'm off today and will be gone till Sunday. I am working the biggest job of my life this weekend. Will be here when I can. I know I am usually more active, but RL has gotten in my way this game.

I find the LC voters very interesting. At this point I hope he turns up baddie. He gets lynched for stupid reasons every game, sometimes he is bad, sometimes he is good. Yes, I do think they are stupid reasons again this game.

I have to vote now, I'm voting for one of the bandwagoners who really had no original thought on it. Not DP, if he's about to die anyways... I went with MR since I feel like llama and Timmer had good reasons, kyle sort of explained himself better. If LC turns up bad then I am wrong, but by my read of the thread it doesn't seem very likely.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote:I haven't actually been able to read all that's happened in the last day phase, I've been busy on vacation and am not all that sure what's been happening since the last lynch. :x

I don't really have any feelings about any of the current vote havers, I know this is kinda lame but I think I have to randomize for now. I'll be able to catch up and kick ass in a couple days when I'm home and mg sister is back in her current state of residence.

*votes random sorsha*
Are you kdding me, Kylemii? What exactly did I cut out of this post that makes it have ANY different meaning whatsoever? You randomized your vote because you didn't have a clear idea of who you thought was bad.

I've been bandwagoned for bullshit reasons many times, but this one is right up there. I cut those vote posts down so as to not make a big chunk of quoted text to read, mostly because there was no reason to have that for what I was doing. It's not like I was using it to accuse you, or any of the other people, of anything. I was just comparing voting reasons when mine alone was singled out as sketchy.

Well, I have five votes now, obviously I'm 250% lynched already as Llama has warned me - in this game, everyone should know that 2 votes is enough to lynch a person. :rolleyes: I tried, Civvies. I'm going to cast my vote for someone that you all REALLY need to take a second look at. He's been talking about nothing but his 'big theory' for most of the game instead of discussing actual suspicions, and his big theory has done nothing except get a Civilian lynched, and it's about to happen again. You need to stop being distracted and start looking at the facts of the game; they're right out there for you to see.

Good luck guys, you need to start lynching the bad guys very soon. *votes Llama*
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I would like to know how MR was less explanatory than kyle. :) Also - if LC does turn up bad then you think your vote for MR is poor? And you should supect kyle, llama and timmer instead?

If LC turns up bad then I am wrong, but by my read of the thread it doesn't seem very likely.

I'm confused by this statement. where exactly are you wrong again? And why do you think you are most likely not wrong? I've not seen anything from you that speaks of evidence of anything.

Again - just because LC is in the hot seat so people are expecting you to comment, you take the most noncommital spot you can take. Because I also get this - you've not got your read yet there. Maybe? And it's about time peeps are going to start asking you.
But why MR over Kyle? llama and timmer have both worked the eff out of this thread - the nonparticipants are kyle and MR. This is interesting to me. Like lots. I'd love a complete breakdown of every thought you've had while reading everying. Please do that BR. (I know that's crap btw. but still I'd love it!)

@ LC - I'm sorry if you are a civ - outside of llama where else would you have us look? And I KNOW svs and others will be around so y9ou know things can turn...yet..
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:I would like to know how MR was less explanatory than kyle. :) Also - if LC does turn up bad then you think your vote for MR is poor? And you should supect kyle, llama and timmer instead?

If LC turns up bad then I am wrong, but by my read of the thread it doesn't seem very likely.

I'm confused by this statement. where exactly are you wrong again? And why do you think you are most likely not wrong? I've not seen anything from you that speaks of evidence of anything.

Again - just because LC is in the hot seat so people are expecting you to comment, you take the most noncommital spot you can take. Because I also get this - you've not got your read yet there. Maybe? And it's about time peeps are going to start asking you.
But why MR over Kyle? llama and timmer have both worked the eff out of this thread - the nonparticipants are kyle and MR. This is interesting to me. Like lots. I'd love a complete breakdown of every thought you've had while reading everying. Please do that BR. (I know that's crap btw. but still I'd love it!)

@ LC - I'm sorry if you are a civ - outside of llama where else would you have us look? And I KNOW svs and others will be around so y9ou know things can turn...yet..
Black Rock wrote:
bea wrote:

No I went to bed. I was exhausted and I couldn't read anymore. I still haven't gone back.

I'm off today and will be gone till Sunday. I am working the biggest job of my life this weekend. Will be here when I can. I know I am usually more active, but RL has gotten in my way this game.

I find the LC voters very interesting. At this point I hope he turns up baddie. He gets lynched for stupid reasons every game, sometimes he is bad, sometimes he is good. Yes, I do think they are stupid reasons again this game.

I have to vote now, I'm voting for one of the bandwagoners who really had no original thought on it. Not DP, if he's about to die anyways... I went with MR since I feel like llama and Timmer had good reasons, kyle sort of explained himself better. If LC turns up bad then I am wrong, but by my read of the thread it doesn't seem very likely.
I'm sure I effed up some quote tags there. I was addressing BR and her vote and her reasons for her vote.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I've already put down a case against Boogs for the way he saved Llama from getting lynched last time, so he's another one of my top suspects. His last vote was incredibly sketchy and I don't understand why more people aren't paying attention to it... I think literally one other person has even acknowledged it at all. I'm going to have to get used to how Mafia is played over here, I think, I'm a little confused by some of the gameplay I'm seeing.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

What do you think of bwt, Long Con?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny

Return to “Previous Jobs”