Total votes: 18
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1020
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 1]

Post by Scotty »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:36 pm Here’s a question for @Long Con and @Timsup2nothin

If you access a shrine without knowing what it does, are you also given any other instructions with that request, or are you just selecting a shrine to access?
Answer pings, then go read.

Ping is difficult to answer. I am required to select a shrine, since there is a definite penalty if I don't. I receive a blessing from that shrine. The strength of the blessing is determined by a factor that is beyond my direct control that would be really dumb of me to discuss, though probably 'in character' for a merchant.

I can hypothesize about different strength levels and different possible blessings, but that is strictly pie in the sky. Like I have this hope that I will find a shrine that gives vig shots, and maybe the "strength" variation is like vig, dayvig, unstoppable strongman vig or something like that. But as far as knowing what I am getting I am flying pretty much blind.
Ok spill no more. Your explanation with a syntax of an additional blessing is more than LC was referencing. Sounds like you people might be getting a non immediate one-shot power to use
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

deep fried meme of that guy from the loss meme throwing up his hands saying "video games"
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 908

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:27 am
Quin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:06 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:00 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 am If a vigilante were to accidentally misfire their gun while cleaning it and Gavial were to drop dead in a tragic firearms accident, none of us would blame them.
Since I have an assortment of shrines to choose from I am actively investigating which Daedra are ,ore likely to supply vig shots. Between spin to win, open wolf claim and dip, and the rest of the antics I think we have an abundance of good targets.
Oh, I see what you were confused about now, you don't get told which shrine correlates to which ability. I do, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm betting the people who have to take a gamble get slightly more powerful abilities compared to people like me though, so maybe it evens out.
or maybe tim just scumslipped XD
Nah see that’s what’s I thought on page 1, but if he scumslipped, so did LC. Which is not impossible, I suppose.
But I also wouldn’t put it past sloon to make this game a bit asymmetrical with town capabilities.

In summary: need more game info
The bottom line here is that whatever someone thinks of my alignment, if I am getting actively sussed for bot knowing exactly what shrines would do for me a wolfLongCon doesn't jump in and say "oh neither do I." If I were a wolf that slipped a brother wolf would say "wow Tim thanks for drawing out the info so the rest of us don't fall in the trap, glgl." As town (which, pro tip, I am) there is no reason for a wolfLongCon to do anything but stand back and laugh as I sink.

This seems so obvious that LongCon right now is my top town read and anyone that is sussing him looks pretty sketchy to me.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:55 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 pm it wasn't a random list, i picked the names on it specifically because they're players who i feel like i can potentially gauge reactions from, based on recent past experience, except for Bo and also, i guess, Nanook.
wait so you made a reads list and u had me on it and I haven't even posted yet and it wasn't a random list, it wasn't a jk thing? it wasn't day 1 lol mememing?

I ignored it when I read it, might have done a bit of smh, but ignored it.

only thing I can think of is you is scum now. complete and utterly scum. only reason you don't know jack squat is you probably mafia.
to clarify further I had you on the list cus I've seen you react strongly to being mentioned in previous games,

the idea being that you'd see your name on the list and go "what the heck" and then react in some strong way that would allow a tone read to be based off of. that fell apart because you hadn't actually posted anything yet, making the premise obvious
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

KZA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 am so Kyle gotta be Mafia for posting a random list then pretending it was meticulously crafted to produce reactions right
bad post
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:51 am
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:23 am
Seanzie wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:28 am quin scotty and enrique all obvious town, lock it in
Not Enrique.
Who are you?
I woke up in a Soho doorway, a policeman knew my name.
I have been really trying not to fluff post, but this was too brilliant to pass up.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Ookmark 651
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

Kylemii wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:03 pmOokmark 651
?
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Syn »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:56 pm
Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm
Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:46 pm this is the most useless setup spec ever
Do tell
you're breaking your brain over hypotheticals that no one can answer

nothing you come up with today will matter tomorrow
Perhaps.

But then again I am at least attempting to solve a puzzle and you are...”flood posting”
insofar as thinking about putting together a jigsaw puzzle while it's still wrapped in its box is attempting to solve it, sure

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 pm My question can also be answered by anyone else that seems to have the “unknown shrine” affliction.

Plus ha I have the most posts. Maybe I should calm down for a bit
it doesn't tell me a damn thing, just says I can visit shrines
Intriguing.

Game setup with this in mind is quite odd. Because one of my shrines allows me to target. Knowing this, players only allowed to select a shrine tells me that either those shrines pump out a random target for you, or, more likely, give you that ability to use at a later night or the following day.

If the latter, then that’s a crap system where you ain’t doing anything N1. But the shrine powers would probably be much more powerful for those people.
You seem to be assuming that shrines do the same thing for everyone who visits them. I have reason to believe that even what a given shrine does for me is not a fixed thing.

This "supply a target if you select this shrine" thing is interesting. I have been assuming that if I am rewarded with something like a track it will be in the form of "you get a 1x track you can use next night." I don't suppose you would be willing to share which shrine this "supply a target" function applies to? For science!
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:38 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:08 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:05 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 am I'm voting with Mac which is a good sign.
i see you have chosen the pocket mac wolf strategy, I have decided that you are only allowed to do this if you don't question any of my reads
I pestered you about your tutuu read in Fargo and I was town there but I accepted everything you said without question in Shadow Corridors and I was mafia there.
and who won Shadow Corridors?
The mafia did, remember?m
no I didn't hence the asking lol
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:44 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:36 pm Here’s a question for @Long Con and @Timsup2nothin

If you access a shrine without knowing what it does, are you also given any other instructions with that request, or are you just selecting a shrine to access?
Answer pings, then go read.

Ping is difficult to answer. I am required to select a shrine, since there is a definite penalty if I don't. I receive a blessing from that shrine. The strength of the blessing is determined by a factor that is beyond my direct control that would be really dumb of me to discuss, though probably 'in character' for a merchant.

I can hypothesize about different strength levels and different possible blessings, but that is strictly pie in the sky. Like I have this hope that I will find a shrine that gives vig shots, and maybe the "strength" variation is like vig, dayvig, unstoppable strongman vig or something like that. But as far as knowing what I am getting I am flying pretty much blind.
Ok spill no more. Your explanation with a syntax of an additional blessing is more than LC was referencing. Sounds like you people might be getting a non immediate one-shot power to use
LOL...clearly I should have just read further.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:14 pm
Do tell

Perhaps.

But then again I am at least attempting to solve a puzzle and you are...”flood posting”
insofar as thinking about putting together a jigsaw puzzle while it's still wrapped in its box is attempting to solve it, sure
The highly magical assemble the puzzle just by shaking the box. You are deprived.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

guess what I'm doing guys
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:16 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:32 pm
Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:39 pm My question can also be answered by anyone else that seems to have the “unknown shrine” affliction.

Plus ha I have the most posts. Maybe I should calm down for a bit
it doesn't tell me a damn thing, just says I can visit shrines
Intriguing.

Game setup with this in mind is quite odd. Because one of my shrines allows me to target. Knowing this, players only allowed to select a shrine tells me that either those shrines pump out a random target for you, or, more likely, give you that ability to use at a later night or the following day.

If the latter, then that’s a crap system where you ain’t doing anything N1. But the shrine powers would probably be much more powerful for those people.
You seem to be assuming that shrines do the same thing for everyone who visits them. I have reason to believe that even what a given shrine does for me is not a fixed thing.

This "supply a target if you select this shrine" thing is interesting. I have been assuming that if I am rewarded with something like a track it will be in the form of "you get a 1x track you can use next night." I don't suppose you would be willing to share which shrine this "supply a target" function applies to? For science!
The possibilities are various to be sure
some players will have access to more Shrines than others. Some abilities may be repeated, while others may be unique to certain roles.
The implication of course there is that shrines do work differently for some roles. But at the end of the day, unless all abilities are self-affecting, some of them should give one-shot delayed abilities affecting other players.

And yes, Im under the impression that shrines *I* visit I use right away.

I also don’t think it prudent to reveal too much about my shrines or what they do yet however. I may have already revealed too much but alas I have a big fat mouth and if I’m not eating then I’m yapping it up like a goddamn chihuahua in here

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm guess what I'm doing guys
Pooping

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok someone pls help
Where is the linki option in my preferences? Was it removed in the past few years while I was away?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm
Pooping
hahaha and you didn't even know its a running gag
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 pm Ok someone pls help
Where is the linki option in my preferences? Was it removed in the past few years while I was away?
linki sux
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Syn wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:14 pm
Do tell

Perhaps.

Aw come on, I’ve at least taken off the plastic wrap at this point

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by falcon45ca »

Sharting?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 925
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

I don't like poop jks
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Okay I am caught up.

So.

LongCon is my top town read.

I do not find setup speculation sus, because the setup is obviously highly complicated. The mafia have the GIGANTIC advantage in that they are able to share multiple role cards and get a sense of the scope. For example they most likely came in knowing that some people had far more specific shrine info while others had a wider choice but less information, which town only knows now because of the spec.

That means that Scotty was uninformed, and I am gonna town read him. Alison also.

So I get three town reads off that and consider it a good thing.

Next thing, this game has an inordinate number of mafia claimers. This is annoying AF because at least one of them is probably telling the truth, but there is really no way to say which. Those towns participating in this need to get a grip. Sure, maybe you are an "oh they always meme claim mafia" townie. Maybe you genuinely don't know any other way to clear your slot. If so, get gud scrub. Because you give the wolves the opportunity to pile in behind you in a game this size when there are too many of you.

I am in favor of "all mafia claimers stop now, last one to quit gets chopped."

Next thing, Kyle's play was a little weird, but he is Kyle. The response to Kyle's weird play has been waaaaay more weird. The number of people who have said "that's wolfy," added to the number of people who not only said it but expounded on what was wolfy about it...just does not compute with there being ZERO votes on Kyle. Somewhere in there is at least one wolf, maybe even more than one, that are setting themselves up to be able to pile on a wagon because they are assuming that eventually one just has to take off there.

Not sure who the wolves are, but I am pretty sure Kyle is town.

I think that's all I have so far.
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm I don't like poop jks
That's shitty
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

where is quin, quags, and/or Marmot?

Victories:
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark

Post by DaisyCloud »

tim this is first time i can't look into your soul and get a read on you. been trying all this time too.

Victories:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm
linki sux
:mad:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm Okay I am caught up.

So.

I do not find setup speculation sus, because the setup is obviously highly complicated. The mafia have the GIGANTIC advantage in that they are able to share multiple role cards and get a sense of the scope. For example they most likely came in knowing that some people had far more specific shrine info while others had a wider choice but less information, which town only knows now because of the spec.

That means that Scotty was uninformed, and I am gonna town read him. Alison also.

Next thing, this game has an inordinate number of mafia claimers. This is annoying AF because at least one of them is probably telling the truth, but there is really no way to say which. Those towns participating in this need to get a grip. Sure, maybe you are an "oh they always meme claim mafia" townie. Maybe you genuinely don't know any other way to clear your slot. If so, get gud scrub. Because you give the wolves the opportunity to pile in behind you in a game this size when there are too many of you.

Next thing, Kyle's play was a little weird, but he is Kyle. The response to Kyle's weird play has been waaaaay more weird. The number of people who have said "that's wolfy," added to the number of people who not only said it but expounded on what was wolfy about it...just does not compute with there being ZERO votes on Kyle. Somewhere in there is at least one wolf, maybe even more than one, that are setting themselves up to be able to pile on a wagon because they are assuming that eventually one just has to take off there.

I'm not sure what it is, but this post just reeks to me.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:43 pm where is quin, quags, and/or Marmot?
Last time I gave Marmot shit for not showing up D1 he was town, so I'm gonna say it's NAI for now.

Quin tho has actually been ITT, but barely. Not a good look IMO.

Qwags be qwaggin' hasn't occurred yet, but it's a new site for him...I think this is his 1st game on Synd. If he doesn't start Qwaggin' soon (posting reads that make no goddamn sense), then he's in my POE.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

So.

Eh, you might as well also say that people claiming town is annoying AF because at least one of them is probably lying, and you give wolves the opportunity to pile in behind you in a game there size when there are too many of you claiming town.

Your gripe is not real.

Also Dragonwolf4lyfe! :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Enrique »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm

So.

(I also don’t agree that at least one of the wolf-claimers is necessarily telling the truth, but we’ll figure that out. Otherwise it’s a great post.)
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

So.

tim

Tim

Hey Tim

Guess what tim

im mafia tim
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm
linki sux
:mad:
its a subforum (possibly thread?) specific setting, nothing you can do about it yourself sorry
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Enrique wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:46 pm

So.

(I also don’t agree that at least one of the wolf-claimers is necessarily telling the truth, but we’ll figure that out. Otherwise it’s a great post.)

This part just reeks of TMI.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Anyone here familiar with Quin? Wanna check his ISO & see if you find it as scummy as I do?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:12 pm

So.

tim

Tim

Hey Tim

Guess what tim

im mafia tim
I believe you
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:18 pm Anyone here familiar with Quin? Wanna check his ISO & see if you find it as scummy as I do?
Sure thing.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Nothing cries out to me as overly scummy about Quin's ISO.
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Kylemii wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:59 pm
KZA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 am so Kyle gotta be Mafia for posting a random list then pretending it was meticulously crafted to produce reactions right
bad post
All my posts are bad
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Enrique »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:18 pm Anyone here familiar with Quin? Wanna check his ISO & see if you find it as scummy as I do?
Never heard of him.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry I'm late. I was waylaid by a messenger with a random letter. It was actually addressed to Long Con, so I had to convince the guy that I wasn't actually Long Con, but some other dude with a steel sword.

I think the letter said something like "Welcome to the Werewolf Party" or something, anyone know what it could mean?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

KZA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 pm
bad post
All my posts are bad

I like good posts, can you do good posts?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You found Quin?!?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:41 pm
KZA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 pm
bad post
All my posts are bad

I like good posts, can you do good posts?
No

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

marmot is here
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:43 pm
You found Quin?!?
Uninspiring is a word I'd use to describe Quin's iso.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Some shoot BK

And qwags and gavial while you're at it

And me
KZA
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

BoKnows wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 pmmarmot is here

BK is here!!!!

I'm excietd to be your scum buddy this go around Image

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”