Total votes: 18
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 372

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 1]

Post by Syn »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:11 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:08 pm Syn, Kyle, Monkey, Quin.

I'd like to hear other player's thoughts on these 4 plz.
falcon is wolf
Why? I'm not seeing his wolf meta. Not saying you're WRONG, but I'm curious what's pinging you.
I might be missing something
random list of players, asking for people's thoughts, offering none of their own

presents the image of solving without doing it
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:43 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:40 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:39 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:36 pm and just like that marmot's town equity plummets

Nice backhand. What's the point of this post?
it is not a backhand

it's very direct

your post made you scummy
He put pressure on a gimmick poster that easily could be a wolf. Maybe Made makes a case for himself as town. Maybe he cracks. At least Marmot is putting forth an effort. What does town gain from snarking at him for that?
This is so weird. It is like you want everyone to approach the game exactly the same way you do, and if they don't you ignore what they are doing. Syn gives a read on Marmot, and your response is "what does town gain from this?" The same thing that town gains any time anyone gives a read? You're literally asking Syn for reads, but then seem blind to the fact that Syn is giving them since they don't fit into the "solve" you are pushing (which seems to focus almost entirely on a single player whose flip would give almost zero information either way).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

hey guys what do you all think about *looks at smudged writing on palm* tanya stonks prime, enreekie, and alison

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 908

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:21 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:36 pm and just like that marmot's town equity plummets

it is not a backhand

it's very direct

He put pressure on a gimmick poster that easily could be a wolf. Maybe Made makes a case for himself as town. Maybe he cracks. At least Marmot is putting forth an effort. What does town gain from snarking at him for that?
This is so weird. It is like you want everyone to approach the game exactly the same way you do, and if they don't you ignore what they are doing. Syn gives a read on Marmot, and your response is "what does town gain from this?" The same thing that town gains any time anyone gives a read? You're literally asking Syn for reads, but then seem blind to the fact that Syn is giving them since they don't fit into the "solve" you are pushing (which seems to focus almost entirely on a single player whose flip would give almost zero information either way).
Buzz off. You have made the "I am pretending to try to work with Tim while really just throwing shade" case already, and cast your vote.

Try to find some solving to do, if you are town.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

I feel like I've seen town Falcon do that before so w/e
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm hey guys what do you all think about *looks at smudged writing on palm* tanya stonks prime, enreekie, and alison
TSP seems to be doing his usual day one minimalist act. My experience is that pressuring him will just get blown off. He will either make a really good vote or some lucky mech break and be (probably) cleared or he will anticipate the pressure and get started playing. Null-not killing now.

Enrique I think has done some good stuff pushing and reading. Nothing definitive but certainly worth carrying forward. Lean town.

Alison I have as town because her early involvement in the mech spec was too uninformed to be someone with access to multiple role cards. Not impossible to fake, but certainly hard. Town.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

KZA wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:26 pm I feel like I've seen town Falcon do that before so w/e
this means nothing

nobody you play with is 100% exclusive between alignments

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

KZA wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:26 pm I feel like I've seen town Falcon do that before so w/e
I think I've seen a lot of townies, including Falcon, do that. So has Syn.
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm

it is not a backhand

it's very direct

Buzz off. You have made the "I am pretending to try to work with Tim while really just throwing shade" case already, and cast your vote.

You literally have blinders on. Again, it is like if people don't do EXACTLY what you want, you ignore it. Just because I don't solve the way you want me to doesn't mean I'm not working.

I tried to find common ground with you on your thoughts about Made, asked you for clarification, and you refused to participate. Since 95% of your focus this game has been on Made, it is weird how you didn't want to engage about your thoughts on him. I'm not throwing shade, just telling it how it is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm
this means nothing

Syn is really not happy that I shut down his flimsy case
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I'll be back in a couple hours one more time before deadline
KZA
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

KZA wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm
this means nothing

Syn is really not happy that I shut down his flimsy case
I'm never happy

cold take

ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:30 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:24 pm hey guys what do you all think about *looks at smudged writing on palm* tanya stonks prime, enreekie, and alison
TSP seems to be doing his usual day one minimalist act. My experience is that pressuring him will just get blown off. He will either make a really good vote or some lucky mech break and be (probably) cleared or he will anticipate the pressure and get started playing. Null-not killing now.

Enrique I think has done some good stuff pushing and reading. Nothing definitive but certainly worth carrying forward. Lean town.

Alison I have as town because her early involvement in the mech spec was too uninformed to be someone with access to multiple role cards. Not impossible to fake, but certainly hard. Town.
What is the difference in your mind regarding TSP doing nothing today vs. Made doing nothing today?

Qwags
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Qwags »

Syn seems to be overly aggressive more my tastes. Don't like how he responded to Marmot's simple question. Kyle, I was a little suspicious of to begin with, but early game is a crapshoot.
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:19 pm

falcon is wolf
Why? I'm not seeing his wolf meta. Not saying you're WRONG, but I'm curious what's pinging you.
random list of players, asking for people's thoughts, offering none of their own

Hmm. I guess I see that.
The fucker has fooled me before
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:52 pm Syn giving me the jeebies.

Gavial and Syn top scum.

Kza and Falc top town.

MacDougal and Quin town leans.
@Stupid Sexy Flanders why was Falcon your top town at this point?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:32 pm

it is not a backhand

it's very direct

You literally have blinders on. Again, it is like if people don't do EXACTLY what you want, you ignore it. Just because I don't solve the way you want me to doesn't mean I'm not working.

I tried to find common ground with you on your thoughts about Made, asked you for clarification, and you refused to participate. Since 95% of your focus this game has been on Made, it is weird how you didn't want to engage about your thoughts on him. I'm not throwing shade, just telling it how it is.
I freely admit that my response to you has been can't be bothered. You claim some overriding interest in solving my slot, and seem to think that helping you solve my slot should be uppermost in my mind. You have made clear that you are going to contribute nothing to me solving your slot in return. So I have better things to do. There are twenty-two other slots on my mind, and most of them are people I know how to work with and have interest in doing so. Your "I am mafia hard claim" needs to get played off somehow, and good luck with that...but "look now I'm trying to solve Tim but he won't help wah wah wah" isn't how it's gonna happen. So try something else.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:33 pm
Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:19 pm

falcon is wolf

Hmm. I guess I see that.
The fucker has fooled me before
It's NAI. Kza pointed that out. Syn is trying to call it wolf indicative when it just isn't.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:39 pm

I freely admit that my response to you has been can't be bothered.
can't be fucking bothered*

please refer to your signature

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:33 pm

What is the difference in your mind regarding TSP doing nothing today vs. Made doing nothing today?
Primarily the difference is exactly what I said in the post you just quoted.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

I freely admit that my response to you has been can't be bothered.
can't be fucking bothered*

please refer to your signature
Read my first post in this game. I am trying a kinder, gentler playstyle.
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

it is not a backhand

it's very direct

I freely admit that my response to you has been can't be bothered. You claim some overriding interest in solving my slot, and seem to think that helping you solve my slot should be uppermost in my mind. You have made clear that you are going to contribute nothing to me solving your slot in return. So I have better things to do. There are twenty-two other slots on my mind, and most of them are people I know how to work with and have interest in doing so. Your "I am mafia hard claim" needs to get played off somehow, and good luck with that...but "look now I'm trying to solve Tim but he won't help wah wah wah" isn't how it's gonna happen. So try something else.
Dude, I've been completely open to contributing. You asked me about a single player and I didn't have anything more to say about that, and I told you that I didn't really have anything to say about them and that their place on the "up" list was exactly as adverised, a kneejerk reaction (that isn't refusing to contribute, that is contributing all I had to contribute), and you act like I am refusing to cooperate while you actively refuse to cooperate.

I don't expect you trying to help me solve you to be first-and-foremost in your mind, but most town are willing to work with others in the thread, and you don't seem to have that desire.

My mafia claim doesn't need to be played off, it has served it's purpose quite well. you seem to be the only one hung up on it, and that is wolfy af if you ask me. I gave everyone an easy but bad reason to scumread me (bait), and you have bit hard.

You also have a very rude demeanor, but that is probably NAI.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Since working with you is like pulling teeth, let me ask more specific questions since you don't want to help.

Is it specifically that pressuring TSP will just get blown off? If this is the case, how do you feel about the effect you've had on Made thus far? If that isn't the case, can you please at least try to play well with others and clarify on the difference?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Stupid Sexy Flanders »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:38 pm
Stupid Sexy Flanders wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:52 pm Syn giving me the jeebies.

Gavial and Syn top scum.

Kza and Falc top town.

MacDougal and Quin town leans.
@Stupid Sexy Flanders why was Falcon your top town at this point?
Because I've played with him for a couple years, and his tone / style is inline with his tp meta.
There's nothing that's pinged me as falcs wolf tells yet.
Majority rule, don't work in mental institutions
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm

it is not a backhand

it's very direct

Dude, I've been completely open to contributing. You asked me about a single player and I didn't have anything more to say about that, and I told you that I didn't really have anything to say about them and that their place on the "up" list was exactly as adverised, a kneejerk reaction (that isn't refusing to contribute, that is contributing all I had to contribute), and you act like I am refusing to cooperate while you actively refuse to cooperate.

I don't expect you trying to help me solve you to be first-and-foremost in your mind, but most town are willing to work with others in the thread, and you don't seem to have that desire.

My mafia claim doesn't need to be played off, it has served it's purpose quite well. you seem to be the only one hung up on it, and that is wolfy af if you ask me. I gave everyone an easy but bad reason to scumread me (bait), and you have bit hard.

Here's the deal. You posted a list. I asked a question about it and got an answer that was no help to me. I moved on. The only times I have noticed you since is when you swoop in to throw shade at me and I blow you off. At some point I will pull your ISO, and if that turns out to be all you have been doing I will spike you to the barn door. If it turns out you have been doing good work with people you find more cooperative, cool, I will use your work to solve your slot and take it into account solving the slots of the people you have interacted with.

I genuinely do not care whether that is how you pursue the game, but it is how I pursue the game. "Here's a fully decorated rainbow list of 'reads' I have no intention of using for anything and I won't be taking questions" is of no use to me. Your snipey questions are of no use to me. If they are useful to you generally, cool. I'm sure I will gain much insight from your questioning of all the other players you are questioning.
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Eh, it's just Falcon, isn't it? His ISO does not give me any sort of good feelz.

[VOTE: Falcon45ca] aubergine

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:51 pm

Since working with you is like pulling teeth, let me ask more specific questions since you don't want to help.

Is it specifically that pressuring TSP will just get blown off? If this is the case, how do you feel about the effect you've had on Made thus far? If that isn't the case, can you please at least try to play well with others and clarify on the difference?
I've been down that road with TSP before, and a whole lot of people told me "yeah not helping you press TSP because it won't work, but good luck." Many of those players are in this game, so I am not going to waste my time trying to mount pressure on TSP here, when TSP is literally doing what TSP always does.

Made has blown me off so far, but there is no predisposition in the player list to just let him get away with it, and he is not in his regular position so I expect a wagon on him as EoD approaches will get his attention.
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:56 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Here's the deal. You posted a list. I asked a question about it and got an answer that was no help to me. I moved on. The only times I have noticed you since is when you swoop in to throw shade at me and I blow you off. At some point I will pull your ISO, and if that turns out to be all you have been doing I will spike you to the barn door. If it turns out you have been doing good work with people you find more cooperative, cool, I will use your work to solve your slot and take it into account solving the slots of the people you have interacted with.

I genuinely do not care whether that is how you pursue the game, but it is how I pursue the game. "Here's a fully decorated rainbow list of 'reads' I have no intention of using for anything and I won't be taking questions" is of no use to me. Your snipey questions are of no use to me. If they are useful to you generally, cool. I'm sure I will gain much insight from your questioning of all the other players you are questioning.
I'm not throwing shade at you, I'm calling you >rand!wolf and pointing out reasons why I think that.

Nah, as much as you want to make it it like this, it isn't like this. You asked me one question, I answered it. You found that answer unsatisfactory (fair, but my answer was fair as well), and since have just been an uncooperative anti-town curmudgeon towards me, even when I try to engage with you on the TOPIC THAT YOU WANTED TO TALK ABOUT.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:01 pm

I've been down that road with TSP before, and a whole lot of people told me "yeah not helping you press TSP because it won't work, but good luck." Many of those players are in this game, so I am not going to waste my time trying to mount pressure on TSP here, when TSP is literally doing what TSP always does.

Made has blown me off so far, but there is no predisposition in the player list to just let him get away with it, and he is not in his regular position so I expect a wagon on him as EoD approaches will get his attention.
Okay, fair. Thanks for clarifying.

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DaisyCloud wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:44 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:33 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:52 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 am
DaisyCloud wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:19 am oh wait, you want me to town read you? your reads r wrong and jks. why would I town read you

stay in null and be grateful.
idc how you read me, i'm asking you this shit cus i'm trying to read you

Kyle using the word "shit" has me all sorts of confused. Are you annoyed?
I was annoyed, but i wasn't meaning to be aggressive with the wording just like "I'm tired and need to be blunt to get my point across because I feel like I'm not being taken seriously"

you've heard and seen me me swear before, and you've seen me be annoyed in similar circumstances in a mafia game before, why confused?
I. sorry I annoyed you. idk what u want from me. I still am confusion.
annoyed as in past tense, i've moved on to just being bewildered but accepting, mostly because of 8 hours of sleep and your post this morning. i love and appreciate you, and if we return to that same discussion i am at risk of becoming the joker
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:02 pm

I want to take this moment to point out that I am a jerk, but not a complete jerk. If you ask a specific question I will almost always answer to the best of my ability. "Questions" of the form "that doesn't make sense" aren't really questions, they are statements that mostly amount to "please repeat yourself" and I just...don't.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 469
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hee ho
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm

I want to take this moment to point out that I am a jerk, but not a complete jerk. If you ask a specific question I will almost always answer to the best of my ability. "Questions" of the form "that doesn't make sense" aren't really questions, they are statements that mostly amount to "please repeat yourself" and I just...don't.
But I didn't just say "that doesn't make sense". I put in the effort to explain exactly what didn't make sense and why it doesn't make sense in hopes that you could clarify that. This is not the same as just saying "that doesn't make sense, explain again".

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nacho, Quin and Scotty. Been a bit.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

who's nacho
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ignacio varga
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t get these mechanics at all.

Who is maphier?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Day 1 goals:
*Find a wolf
*Determine beyond the shadow of a doubt if I am a cop or not
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jack???
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kyle???

Pretty darn sure I’m not a cop.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

guys in 2 more posts i'll have 11111 posts on this forum

1 after this
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Kylemii wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:15 pm guys in 2 more posts i'll have 11111 posts on this forum

1 after this
I'mma laugh so hard if you accidentally double-post.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:09 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:05 pm

But I didn't just say "that doesn't make sense". I put in the effort to explain exactly what didn't make sense and why it doesn't make sense in hopes that you could clarify that. This is not the same as just saying "that doesn't make sense, explain again".
So I just read through your ISO as promised.

Part one was "I am a wolf hahaha." Included in it was someone calling you out and being sniped back with a totally false claim about your "read density." For the record at that point you had nine posts and basically none of them called for being taken seriously. There was one hilariously convoluted thing that ended in Nanook being a wolf that you took no action so your actual "read density" when you made that defensive claim was basically zero.

That part ended with the rainbow list, which you have done nothing with. You were asked one question, by me, and from that point on very close to every post you have made has fit firmly in the "wah wah Tim won't help me solve him, he must be a wolf" mold. You have done apparently nothing to solve any of the other 22 slots available.

And now out of the blue you have ISO'd Falcon and come away with reasons to vote him that you aren't sharing.

Can you give me any reason not to vote you when I am done pressing on Made, assuming he doesn't just out himself as a wolf?
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hot take. Tim wolf. Seanzie....town.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

binary solo
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm Hot take. Tim wolf. Seanzie....town.
Hot take...Jack spewing random hot takes.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:21 pm Hot take. Tim wolf. Seanzie....town.
Hot take...Jack spewing random hot takes.
:shrug2:

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t vote for you” and “I’ll vote for you after I’m done with X” sound wolfy to me.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

jack have you read the pots
Jackofhearts2005
something funny