67%

Total votes: 18
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 1020
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 3]

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:21 am I'm trying to get LC to play the game and give us his thoughts/reads, why don't you want to hear from him @Scotty?
I feel like he’s been active enough this game and this phase. I think you’re just trying to poke for the sake of poking. There are more people I’d rather hear from
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Nachomamma8 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:21 am I'm trying to get LC to play the game and give us his thoughts/reads, why don't you want to hear from him @Scotty?
There are a lot of people we need to hear from. Seems more pertinent to find out who you want to kill and work on killing them.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:21 am
Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am And plot twist I just read through Marmot's ISO and I really don't think he was scum based on the way that he was pushing back against the Qwags yeet when he was on the three way chopping block - think scum would show that self-prez instinct more than he had. I also like the way that he's reached out to people in bits and pieces (such as linking Tim posts for Daisy), I like the way he talked about his townreads early, etc.

I'll read Flanders in a bit but Mog's play today also seems townier than not - the defeatist attitude doesn't seem like it's coming from scum here (I think if Mog replaced in as scum and gave up it would include a lot more slanking and a lot less "if I must be a sacrifice to give the world more information so be it". We're headed in a bad direction right now.
Marmot's ISO is full of hello and greetings, soft pushes with no follow up, and scummy Masterpiece Theater.

What's towny about his ISO? Pushing back against the Qwags lynch? Can you quote what you saw?

Marmot reaching out to people in bits and pieces is exactly the soft push/soft engagement stuff I'm scum reading him for. Can you show me 1 instance of Marmot actually pushing a read and trying to solve a slot? It's all a bunch of lily dipping posts that are soft as baby shit.

SSF was town, ergo Mog is town. My read on SSF is based on uber meta and he's one of my best pals and a bit of angleshoot. I'm 90% on that slot
This seems like an exceptionally bad faith approach to reading him.

Saying hello and greeting people is part of the game - it is a social one. Do you really think that Marmot as town isn't going to greet or say hello to people?

Reaching out to low volume posters without pushing them goes against a scum agenda - if you call out lurkers and just flat out push them then you're possibly pushing a mislynch or distancing but if you're just getting people who aren't posting to post more then usually it's not an action that benefits scum.

I'll get into Marmot in a bit.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm playing. This is a tough one, wolves are blending in very well.

How kosher is it to ask everyone what Shrine they went to last night?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 1]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Marmot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:56 pm Scotty is probably town for leading the thread in post count in his post count in his first game back AND looking remarkably comfortable and engaged.
This is a small piece but I liked this - Scotty was my first townread (and the only townread I remember from the earlier attempts at reading) and I liked Scotty for this reason.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:34 am I'm playing. This is a tough one, wolves are blending in very well.

I went to Sanguine last night. I'm going to Azura tonight.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:28 am
I feel like he’s been active enough this game and this phase. I think you’re just trying to poke for the sake of poking. There are more people I’d rather hear from
Think what you want, and if you want to hear from different people, then by all means engage them. Please don't presume to tell me who I should and shouldn't be engaging.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Marmot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:12 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am
Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:09 pm Hello! Sorry for my absence so far - I'm reading through the game a little now but will catch up in full tonight when I am settled in and done with errands!
Don't forget to apologize for your absence again when you pop in to tell us you're still catching up on the game!
This is one of the reachouts I like contrasted with Falcon's reachout to me. Falcon as scum is laying down groundwork for a further push whereas Marmot is just trying to get people engaged which isn't one of those things that is likely to gain you towncred but is strictly +town.

I want nacho to come post and play too, but this is kind of a passive-aggressive way to request it of him.

@Nachomamma8 come play with us!
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:34 am I'm playing. This is a tough one, wolves are blending in very well.

What shrine did you go to? Why are you voting Mog?
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Marmot wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:13 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:59 am I'd love to say that i have something worthwhile to post... I'd love to.

You have a rainbow list don't you? That seems like a good place to start.
Same deal here. Low poster, engaging, giving them a starting off point. +town but not likely to give him town cred.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Re: The Elder Scrolls [DAY 2]

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Marmot wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:41 am
Made wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 pm [VOTE: Made] aubergine

Not ready to vote Gavail, but all by himself he makes the Marmot wagon too sketchy for me. Made, why you say you were gonna do better then gimmick, and then you gimmick?

What useful reads do you have to contribute?
I'm try this thing this game where instead of trying to solve the game hard I try to make friends and solve the game via the power of friendship!! I want to be the kinda slot that scum wants to kill before we make it to lylo, and If I make it, be a candidate for the cleared player who picks between 2 potentially scummy players trope

I love this idea! :biggrin:

What've you learned from your friendship meta? What'd you expect to learn from it?
Etc.

Marmot was pushing Made yesterday but this seems more like a genuine attempt to sort him out as opposed to just trying to get him pushed off a cliff like I'd expect scum!Marmot to be doing.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 am
Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am And plot twist I just read through Marmot's ISO and I really don't think he was scum based on the way that he was pushing back against the Qwags yeet when he was on the three way chopping block - think scum would show that self-prez instinct more than he had. I also like the way that he's reached out to people in bits and pieces (such as linking Tim posts for Daisy), I like the way he talked about his townreads early, etc.

I'll read Flanders in a bit but Mog's play today also seems townier than not - the defeatist attitude doesn't seem like it's coming from scum here (I think if Mog replaced in as scum and gave up it would include a lot more slanking and a lot less "if I must be a sacrifice to give the world more information so be it". We're headed in a bad direction right now.
Marmot's ISO is full of hello and greetings, soft pushes with no follow up, and scummy Masterpiece Theater.

What's towny about his ISO? Pushing back against the Qwags lynch? Can you quote what you saw?

Marmot reaching out to people in bits and pieces is exactly the soft push/soft engagement stuff I'm scum reading him for. Can you show me 1 instance of Marmot actually pushing a read and trying to solve a slot? It's all a bunch of lily dipping posts that are soft as baby shit.

SSF was town, ergo Mog is town. My read on SSF is based on uber meta and he's one of my best pals and a bit of angleshoot. I'm 90% on that slot

Saying hello and greeting people is part of the game - it is a social one. Do you really think that Marmot as town isn't going to greet or say hello to people?

Reaching out to low volume posters without pushing them goes against a scum agenda - if you call out lurkers and just flat out push them then you're possibly pushing a mislynch or distancing but if you're just getting people who aren't posting to post more then usually it's not an action that benefits scum.

If you look, Marmot spends a lot of time D1 doing the glad handing thing, not getting to work & trying to solve the game. You claim to have already gone thru his ISO, so you should be aware of that already.

So it's already been pointed out and supported with posts that Marmot didn't push back against the Qwags lynch as you claim he did. Also, he hasn't reached out to low posters as you say, you even referenced his engagement of Daisy & Tim (both soft and not solvey BTW) and they are def not low posters.

You are the one reading him in bad faith.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:40 am
Scotty wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:28 am
Think what you want, and if you want to hear from different people, then by all means engage them. Please don't presume to tell me who I should and shouldn't be engaging.
Long Con is around. You don't seem to be engaging him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 am Mac has made the comment twice now that town might as well take the L for the state of things. That’s sabotage-ic and defeatist, my man. Tending down again for me.

Nacho’s reads seem like they have a strong support to hold that head, though i disagree with most of em. It’s refreshing to hear him go counter to a lot of the consensus scum... then
Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am And plot twist I just read through Marmot's ISO and I really don't think he was scum based on the way that he was pushing back against the Qwags yeet when he was on the three way chopping block - think scum would show that self-prez instinct more than he had.
Mmm I don’t know what you’re seeing.
Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:28 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 pm @Marmot what are your thoughts on qwag?
@Marmot you've probably already responded to this given the climate but i am
still curious

Qwags is a wolf even if he isn't. Those are someone else's words.

We could just let a vig shoot him, but he's not playing like a useful town member at this point.
not a useful town member
Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:55 pm [VOTE: Qwags] aubergine
Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:57 pm Any of these wagons not named Marmot is fine.
He was fine with any vote not named him in the last few minutes. He chose to vote Quags over SSF, who was building at the time.

Also just looking at his behavior at EOD is looking at marmot’s game in a vaccuum. He’s sketch all day. So if you actually looked through his iso i feel like you’d come to a different conclusion
trend my balls on your face
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:45 am
Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 am

If you look, Marmot spends a lot of time D1 doing the glad handing thing, not getting to work & trying to solve the game. You claim to have already gone thru his ISO, so you should be aware of that already.

So it's already been pointed out and supported with posts that Marmot didn't push back against the Qwags lynch as you claim he did. Also, he hasn't reached out to low posters as you say, you even referenced his engagement of Daisy & Tim (both soft and not solvey BTW) and they are def not low posters.

You are the one reading him in bad faith.
My recent posts are talking about what I see in his "glad handing" and I've talked about him engaging low posters already.

I read his ISO but I haven't read the game - sorting through things without context means that I don't have a perfect picture of what's going on. Please keep that in mind when responding - I know that my language is sometimes terse and thus comes across as rude but that's usually a side effect of me not having a ton of time to post and parse things - I'm not trying to come across as a dick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:41 am It sucks that the two people at the forefront right now just straight up aren't here.

I agree with Scotty that Mac's behavior today sucks. Don't like that he's coming in with the defeatist attitude and talking about how we need to purge the slank group but there's no sense of urgency behind it - he's not interacting with the main wagons and seems to be voting Long Con because "no one has looked that way recently". If you're on the cusp of taking an L, you don't try to be cute.
Meh. I call it as I see it. If we chop a wolf today we might have a chance.

It appears that my griping has had the desired effect anyway.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What Shrine did you hit last night, Mac?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

If you don't have any standout wolf reads, then who's in your town core right now?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I went to the Azura Shrine.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think your griping has had any effect on today. What will have an effect on today is finding a suspect and engaging them. Or talking about the big wagons for today - what do you think of my Marmot defense? Is Mog the wolf that we've been trying to find?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:51 am

If you don't have any standout wolf reads, then who's in your town core right now?
I think KZA, Scotty, Daisy.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am

Not Made?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am I don't think your griping has had any effect on today. What will have an effect on today is finding a suspect and engaging them. Or talking about the big wagons for today - what do you think of my Marmot defense? Is Mog the wolf that we've been trying to find?
Hasn't it? It certainly seems to have inspired some people to prove me wrong.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

What group are you trying to swing at today, LC?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am

I got a note last night that claimed no scum went to _______ Shrine last night. Wasn't Azura. Unsure of the veracity of the note.
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 925
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

only you are allowed to ask. but be careful.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:54 am What group are you trying to swing at today, LC?
What are the groups?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You barking at the wrong postman bucko. Take your yap yap energy elsewhere.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DaisyCloud wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:54 am

only you are allowed to ask. but be careful.
:srsnod:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

What's your read on Daisy? For as many words as she's posted, she's one of the hardest players to read. Do you have meta on her?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:53 am

Not Made?
Yeah, Made was green-checked by KZA, right? Him too then.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:54 am

I got a note last night that claimed no scum went to _______ Shrine last night. Wasn't Azura. Unsure of the veracity of the note.
I see no issue with forcing a mass claim and using your information as though it's good?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:55 am

What's your read on Daisy? For as many words as she's posted, she's one of the hardest players to read. Do you have meta on her?
I feel good about her being town. I like her interactions with Jack.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't do much meta.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Nachomamma] aubergine

Look at me voting with a confirmed town.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:56 am
Long Con wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:54 am

I see no issue with forcing a mass claim and using your information as though it's good?
I've tried to shake loose some of the Shrine info since the day started, but there has been little response.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:52 am I don't think your griping has had any effect on today. What will have an effect on today is finding a suspect and engaging them. Or talking about the big wagons for today - what do you think of my Marmot defense? Is Mog the wolf that we've been trying to find?
Who are you talking to in this post?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:58 am
Me. Nacho is taking my mild doomsaying as confirmation I am mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Or so one is led to believe.
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

stuff
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I for one thinks he is just latching on to the first sign of suspicion towards me from old m8 Scotty in a very reachy preachy way and hate it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

BoKnows wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 amstuff
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 am
I don't think you are mafia. I think that your approach to today has been lazy. And continues to be lazy. Why would I, I slanker scum, care about pushing Mac, the god of town?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

anyway I just woke up at 2am to take a mid morning poo im going back to sleep. I expect Nacho will have strung up a wolf with his incisive cutting game theory based skill upon my return.
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

Why is Marmot leading votes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 am
I don't think you are mafia. I think that your approach to today has been lazy. And continues to be lazy. Why would I, I slanker scum, care about pushing Mac, the god of town?
clearly I coached you in scum chat to distance from me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

BoKnows wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:03 pm Why is Marmot leading votes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If I was forced to choose between Marmot and Moghedien who flips I'd close my eyes and press the rng button and post this gif.

Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 pm anyway I just woke up at 2am to take a mid morning poo im going back to sleep. I expect Nacho will have strung up a wolf with his incisive cutting game theory based skill upon my return.
I'll do my best!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nachomamma8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 pm anyway I just woke up at 2am to take a mid morning poo im going back to sleep. I expect Nacho will have strung up a wolf with his incisive cutting game theory based skill upon my return.
I'll do my best!
yay

Return to “Previous Jobs”