Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:38 am
Tangrowth's posts keep flying past me and it's increasingly concerning to me.
Okay? Talk to me then. I'm trying to find a polite way to put this... that sounds more like a you thing than a me thing, but that doesn't matter, I'd like to help bridge the gap somehow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Like someone makes no effort to even work with me at all and then says "posts are flying past me", yeah, okay.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:21 pm i’m keeping my vote on gavial

if he’s a villager that decided to not play the game and then lolcat with words and post stuff indistinguishable from anti-spew i can live with being wrong and will just say lolseth then move on with my life

i don’t want 48 more hours of whatever this is
I really really don't like that this is the optimal use of our day 1 yeet, but it probably just is, and let's just hope that the scummy behavior is in fact indicative.

[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine

I'm going to have to leave by like... 10am, which is now in less than 5 minutes, but I'll be back before EoD. I'll post an updated quick reads list thing and other thoughts in my next post.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm

if he’s a villager that decided to not play the game and then lolcat with words and post stuff indistinguishable from anti-spew i can live with being wrong and will just say lolseth then move on with my life

I really really don't like that this is the optimal use of our day 1 yeet, but it probably just is, and let's just hope that the scummy behavior is in fact indicative.

I'm going to have to leave by like... 10am, which is now in less than 5 minutes, but I'll be back before EoD. I'll post an updated quick reads list thing and other thoughts in my next post.
what are your thoughts on alison currently?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't have time to elaborate much, unfortunately, but I'd be happy to engage with anyone about reads upon my return... whenever that'll be. I'm hoping an hour before EoD at the absolute latest but I just don't know. There's a chance I miss it, but I'd really hate to do that.

I ranked players within tiers as thoughtfully as I could with limited time. Some words off the top of my head... just going to trust spf right now, we're mindmelding, she seems legit. dya feels right to me, I want to see what they can do going forward. I need to actually interact with Dizzy at some point to make sure. sunbae I still have some misgivings on but I think he looked a lot better after I got to witness his gears turning in real time. Alison is the one I'm most torn on but for some reason I just believe her.

The reads below that I'm having a lot more trouble sorting. I'm seeing what I want to see with Zack, but I'm increasingly concerned that... it's by the numbers or something? I still think he's probably town but I couldn't keep him up there for some reason... really running out of time, gotta stop here I guess.

Strong town
nutella
spf

Moderate town
dya
Dizzy
sunbae
Alison

Upper POE - light town
Zack (bronana)
Vulgard
c4
Visor (outed wolf)
Marluxion
Amy
KZA

Lower POE
Arete
Hally
Gavial
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:58 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:57 pm

what are your thoughts on alison currently?
Oh shoot, let me answer this real fast. I think she could push an agenda more if she wanted to, even with her current thread position, but I don't really see her doing it -- my gut evaluation is that she just believes what she's saying. I probably need to peek at her ISO though, so I'll do that, remind me.

I hope you all have fun, I know I have been!
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:24 pm hot(?) take is that Gavial received way too much heat from too many directions for his 4 post entrance and is probably just town
if gavial is a villager this feels more like TMI than how alison has approached him

it could also be w/w since this was before gavial’s elimination was really set i think, and wolves are more likely to defend teammates off stuff like “everyone is suspecting them” because it’s technically true and doesn’t require them to argue that their teammates’ posts are villagery

i’m not sure how kza usually treats teammates as a wolf though

in general his iso is pretty bare and he feels flatter/lower energy than i remember him being as a villager

@KZA sup? the thread could use more kza
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

@Alison whats your read on zack atm?

unless i missed it i don’t think you’ve said anything about him since early D1 when you voted him
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 am Wait vulgard, how did you only quote the posts where I didn't explain and none of the posts where I did?

I think both alison and gav are independently wolfy. I think if alison is a wolf, gav is probably villa because of the whiteknighting that she's kind of sort of doing

I'm not really sure why that's hard to understand?

and nutella why would my "wolf agenda" ever be pushing alison when I know she's a hard elim to make happen?
maybe because you think it looks good, even if you can't stop gav from going over you have tried to push an original suspect

I see you've moved your vote to gav since, but the length of time your vote was parked on alison while you danced around a gav suspicion was concerning to me
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:51 am it's really getting old that people think they should dictate how I play the game. I play on my own terms with my own style. I guess if you don't like it, that's tough for you
????

who is doing that
you did to a degree when you bitched about me wasting posts and how anxiety inducing that was.

I moved to gavial because the more he posts the more i think he's a wolf. I think there's a world where alison is a wolf and gav is villa though

alison's posts have really skeeved me out and I'm sorry that's apparently a problem for you
the post cap thing was ages ago and I'm over it, I've adjusted quite well to the pace. But it seemed like you were reacting to more recent stuff?? which I'm pretty sure is only about your alignment in the game and is not personal at all
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:07 pm I don't have time to elaborate much, unfortunately, but I'd be happy to engage with anyone about reads upon my return... whenever that'll be. I'm hoping an hour before EoD at the absolute latest but I just don't know. There's a chance I miss it, but I'd really hate to do that.

I ranked players within tiers as thoughtfully as I could with limited time. Some words off the top of my head... just going to trust spf right now, we're mindmelding, she seems legit. dya feels right to me, I want to see what they can do going forward. I need to actually interact with Dizzy at some point to make sure. sunbae I still have some misgivings on but I think he looked a lot better after I got to witness his gears turning in real time. Alison is the one I'm most torn on but for some reason I just believe her.

The reads below that I'm having a lot more trouble sorting. I'm seeing what I want to see with Zack, but I'm increasingly concerned that... it's by the numbers or something? I still think he's probably town but I couldn't keep him up there for some reason... really running out of time, gotta stop here I guess.

Strong town
nutella
spf

Moderate town
dya
Dizzy
sunbae
Alison

Upper POE - light town
Zack (bronana)
Vulgard
c4
Visor (outed wolf)
Marluxion
Amy
KZA

Lower POE
Arete
Hally
Gavial
i’m confused how you think kza is more villagery than me or arete

can you explain?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I'm finally on my PC and can look at Tangrowth's ISO.

Early on, she seems withdrawn from the game. She hasn't stuck her head out for anyone. She hasn't been involved in a controversial argument. Nothing. She's just been off by the wayside, doing her own solving. She adopted the role of thread moderator in a notable part of her ISO. I don't MIND that, but it's something a wolf can easily do because it doesn't force them to take stances.

A good thing is that her tone has been super friendly, but I'm trying to look past that. This playerlist is stacked, which is why I'm not giving anyone easy townreads/clears. And when I look past her tone, what I see is someone who hasn't taken any notable stances early on. Aside from easy posts like "nutella town," "why is Amy town."

This ends with her readlist and that's why I townread said readlist. Not only is there a read on every player in the game, some of them are very well-reasoned. There are also takes I consider contrarian. For instance, hard town on Dizzy back when nobody knew what to do with them and how to read their attitude. The reads she feel the strongest about have believable-looking reasoning behind them. Dizzy and Nutella reads in particular.

The Dizzy read especially looks like something you wouldn't bother with as a wolf. If Dizzy's your partner and they're inviting people to vote them... Hard shielding doesn't seem like the best of ideas. If Dizzy's town, they're misyeetable if they continue playing like this. In that case, shielding them isn't advisable, either.

I also townread the fact Tangrowth has Dizzy as "strong town" but uses language like:

"the read is subject to volatility"
"light town read"
"not worried even if I should be"
"the read is self-centered'

These parts imply different strengths / qualities of the read. A wolf wouldn't bother. Even if they wanted to fake nuance, they wouldn't decide to make their read so all over the place. It's your fake top townread, just label them as strong town and move on. What Tangrowth does instead is simultaneously express doubt and comfort. This isn't an agenda read, whether whiteknighting or townreading a partner. If the wolf goal was "pocket / defend Dizzy for townpoints," the read wouldn't need to be this way. If the wolf goal was "shield my partner Dizzy," the read STILL wouldn't need to be this way.

The introduction to the readlist also looks very hard to fake from a wolf POV. It goes on about far more things than it needs to. If Tangrowth is a wolf, she decided to produce a high-quality wallpost for no reason. The only suspicion she faced at that point was a weak push from Arete and nobody asked for a readlist.
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:26 pm I'm perhaps not going to come close to matching a fair portion of this playlist through sheer reads and/or solving methods. That's not really my strength, especially this early on, and even more so with people I don't know and entering a tense environment with an intimidating playerlist that I felt and feel more so on the outer edges of for the most part. I understand why people are explaining pleasantries as things I do, and I appreciate the kind thoughts that underlie such an association, so thanks, really. It is very important to me that people are having fun, particularly with such an enamored group of players, but I do think I may have been less concerned about the discordance in such a way that it would be easier to find my footing if I had TMI right now, even if I'd still try to put everyone at more ease publicly. As it stands... I just sort of feel like I'm dipping my toes in the pool, trying to get a feel for things, and if that means people are going to be hesitant to town read me because I'm hurling softballs or whatever, that's fine I guess, but I just don't feel like waiting for me to produce is a good way to find me as town. I guess I don't know where I fit in with this town at all yet, and that's not a comforting spot to be in... I like feeling like I have a specific purpose. I realize someone could just say well, make reads, do your own thing, but I am not going to force reads that I don't have (hence the questions), and I don't function well in a corner. I'm not expecting anyone to help me with that, it's my place to try to optimize how I can help win us this game, just musing aloud about it. I'm probably >rand in terms of being a self-oriented person, and I'll try to keep such perspective to a minimum and let you all figure me out or find me however you'd like, but I have a direct responsibility to make myself easier to find from my end too, and I wanted these things said nonetheless because I feel like at least some players will struggle to find me based on what's been said already. Anyway, without further ado, a reads list.
this is SO MANY words and i dont have a GODDAMN clue what it says
????? okay, that's fine I guess. You don't really have to. If it's helpful to someone, great, if not then whatever.
This looks genuine. Genuinely deflated. Doubly so when you consider the context. Nutella had been one of Tangrowth's top townreads, and here she's mistreating Tangrowth. Or rather, doesn't seem to be taking Tangrowth's content very seriously. Instead of wolfreading her for it, or changing her read, Tangrowth just seems sad. ...This isn't a wolf reaction. Because it doesn't look fake. Tangrowth looks genuinely hurt by this post.

I'm not continuing with this ISO, I don't need to. Tangrowth is a villager.

Needless to say, I take back my earlier comment. Her posts didn't leave an impression on me because I didn't really look at them.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:20 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:34 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:23 am Wait vulgard, how did you only quote the posts where I didn't explain and none of the posts where I did?

I think both alison and gav are independently wolfy. I think if alison is a wolf, gav is probably villa because of the whiteknighting that she's kind of sort of doing

I'm not really sure why that's hard to understand?

and nutella why would my "wolf agenda" ever be pushing alison when I know she's a hard elim to make happen?
maybe because you think it looks good, even if you can't stop gav from going over you have tried to push an original suspect

I see you've moved your vote to gav since, but the length of time your vote was parked on alison while you danced around a gav suspicion was concerning to me
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:51 am it's really getting old that people think they should dictate how I play the game. I play on my own terms with my own style. I guess if you don't like it, that's tough for you
????

who is doing that
you did to a degree when you bitched about me wasting posts and how anxiety inducing that was.

I moved to gavial because the more he posts the more i think he's a wolf. I think there's a world where alison is a wolf and gav is villa though

alison's posts have really skeeved me out and I'm sorry that's apparently a problem for you
the post cap thing was ages ago and I'm over it, I've adjusted quite well to the pace. But it seemed like you were reacting to more recent stuff?? which I'm pretty sure is only about your alignment in the game and is not personal at all
someone else had something to say over my posting style and honestly it's pretty rude

not just about my alignment
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

admit it nutella, you're in a tunnel

you keep finding reasons to call me a wolf and prove that I'm a wolf when I'm not
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

@Tangrowth There's one thing I've just noticed about your updated readlist. Me and Arete have both expressed doubt about your slot. It looks like you pushed us both further down your readlist for it. Why is that? Asking more about Arete than I'm asking about myself, but curious about both. Didn't notice other townreads moving down.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

@staypositivefriend Did you prepare the link to your off-site post where you explain how people should read you pre-rand?
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

Tangrowth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:07 pm I don't have time to elaborate much, unfortunately, but I'd be happy to engage with anyone about reads upon my return... whenever that'll be. I'm hoping an hour before EoD at the absolute latest but I just don't know. There's a chance I miss it, but I'd really hate to do that.

Strong town
nutella
spf

Moderate town
dya
Dizzy
sunbae
Alison

Upper POE - light town
Zack (bronana)
Vulgard
c4
Visor (outed wolf)
Marluxion
Amy
KZA

Lower POE
Arete
Hally
Gavial
why is amy and vulgard below sunbae dya and alison?

there is no universe in which that is a genuine thought
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:25 pm admit it nutella, you're in a tunnel

you keep finding reasons to call me a wolf and prove that I'm a wolf when I'm not
yes I admit it

I can see a world where you're v and actually tunneling alison

but you also keep doing wolfy things (like having a nebulous wolfread on me but then maybe tmiing me, and possibly zack/visor earlier)

and generally you seem to have really narrow focus/ haven't given much broader impressions/interaction, just selectively responding to things
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:40 pm

yes I admit it

but you also keep doing wolfy things (like having a nebulous wolfread on me but then maybe tmiing me, and possibly zack/visor earlier)

and generally you seem to have really narrow focus/ haven't given much broader impressions/interaction, just selectively responding to things
I dont have a read on visor/zack though
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:42 pm

yes I admit it

then explain the post where you said you randed town "with" them
might've been sunbae and one of those actually idr
but you straight up implied they were town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Reading bronana's ISO.

His early posts look like he's trying to be townread. He's relaxed, charismatic, offers takes that look like he's smiling behind the screen. I can't tell how much he believes in any of them. Timing would indicate "not a lot" (RVS stage) but the fact he's still making them...

I don't know.

This ISO just makes me paranoid. There's nothing outright WRONG or super wolfy I see in it, but Zack gives me the impression of competence. I don't take issue with anything in particular he's said, but I can't bring myself to trust him and call him town. Especially since he shows signs of huge self-awareness.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:08 pm goofy thought alert

sunbae immediately reading spf's self-meta wall from offsite but not reading tangy's whole reads wall is because sunbae/tangy are wolves and spf is town

this read is stupid and i debated whether or not to post it, then decided i'd go for it on the off chance someone calls me villagy for it
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:31 pm
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:23 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:21 pm
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:15 pm wolves are in gavial/dya/hally/arete/alison/kza??? with a side helping of "i haven't done due diligence on visor yet"

marl could also be a wolf but i lean v for now

nobody else activates my fight or flight when i call them town so
possibly

seems a bit too straightforward "yes the wolves are the underwhelming people not posting much" though, I'd wager the actual team is more complex than that

fine as a place to start for day 1/2 though
i mean yes you're right that the names i listed are underwhelming and the names i didn't list aren't, and that does have shades of "too easy"

but i'd rather start in the easy world and run off on a snipe hunt later than do it the other way around, yknow?

gun to head if i were to pick people outside that pool who i haven't quite done diligence on and thus could be fooling me it's probably like. c4 mp7 you

a fine three names for you to bring up, i am somewhat surprised i've gotten such little heat
There's not a TON of that but it does give me pause.

Does anyone have a wolfgame of his I could read and verify? I want to figure out if his approach is different or mostly the same.
ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

afaict nobody has a concrete read on zack unless i missed something

i dunno if this means anything, it’s just not what i would expect given who he is and this player list
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:44 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:42 pm

yes I admit it

then explain the post where you said you randed town "with" them
might've been sunbae and one of those actually idr
but you straight up implied they were town
i dont remember this at all but I hate randing wolf against them. And have done it recently. I'm hoping we're all villa this time because that's a much better time for all of us?

maybe you misunderstood what I was getting at?
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:45 pm afaict nobody has a concrete read on zack unless i missed something

i dunno if this means anything, it’s just not what i would expect given who he is and this player list
:ponder:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:45 pm afaict nobody has a concrete read on zack unless i missed something

especially from that visor guy, right?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

cross-posting this with vulgard typing up a giant wall about how he has no concrete read on zack is kind of hilarious
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm explaining this really badly.

He just comes across as the type of player who's a very competent wolf. The type of player I never trust even if they do rand V.

The worst thing in his ISO is the early string of posts where he tries hard to build a towncore and put himself in it. I can't multi-quote and ISO at the same time, so I'll just point at it: exactly the first 10 posts. Ending with the vote on nutella. It looks like a wolf gunning for a strong entrance and good thread position. I know "four pillars of the village" is a meme but it matches his proclaimed townreads from RVS/early game. The progression feels a tad mechanical. "Throw out a few townreads and then push people with those townreads, I'm in a good spot, let's get it."

I don't take much issue with his later posts other than being a bit paranoid while reading them. Him sitting back and watching things unfold for the 2nd half of his ISO should be NAI. He does ask a lot more questions at this point but he's already given reads on most players so I don't find that part wolfy.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm not planning to touch him today, but he seems like a likely candidate for a deepwolf given his d1 play so far. If we need to search for one later and I'm not alive for it, keep it in mind. His treatment of Gavial is also within the range of a bus, though he's currently vanity voting KZA.
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm it's super frustrating to finally rand town in a game with visor and zack and have them not even explain their shitty reads on me
this is the post, I could have read into the wording wrong but it sounds kinda like implying they are town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 pm

cross-posting this with vulgard typing up a giant wall about how he has no concrete read on zack is kind of hilarious
About that.

Does he tend to be an easy read? You sound like you speak from experience.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm it's super frustrating to finally rand town in a game with visor and zack and have them not even explain their shitty reads on me
this is the post, I could have read into the wording wrong but it sounds kinda like implying they are town
I finally randed town in a game with them in it

it's not implying they're town
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

dyachei wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:56 pm

I know you're probably remembering the recent org game (and maybe also the one before that), but FMPOV the last game we played together (rocks) we *were* v/v, and I've only played one other game since then. :fiesta:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:59 pm

I know you're probably remembering the recent org game (and maybe also the one before that), but FMPOV the last game we played together (rocks) we *were* v/v, and I've only played one other game since then. :fiesta:
rocks fall didnt count much for me since I died n1
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I don't know what my SPF read is anymore. At this point I'm paranoid I gave her too much credit for the string of posts I thought was towny from her.

I'm not going to get anywhere like this. I'll evaluate again d2 when we see some flips.
ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 pm

About that.

i don’t have that much experience with him but i would say it depends on the game

he’s a good wolf if that’s what you’re asking, but i’ve never really seen his wolf game aside from reading them after the fact. in the recent games i’ve seen him village he was

- shot N1 after being widely v read (voxx 9er)

- shot N2 after being widely v read (rocks fall)

- mislunched in F3 and not really v read because of paranoia and having an off game (mountain climbing)
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:55 pm

About that.

I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors - oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "Village Captains" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Effen bronana?"

the last game I played with hally a few months ago (actually the last game i played before this one), we were v/v and they tinfoiled me a lot. I assume this is at least partly why they've been somewhat hesitant in voicing their concerns wrt me in this game. It's not unusual for people to express similar sentiments as you have and express a degree of consternation about my alignment.

The best people at reading me (beck? maybe wiggles?) aren't in this game. I've played tons of games with Visor over ... almost ten years? (jfc lol) - he can catch me as a wolf but it would be atypical of him to give much of a read on me d1.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm the last game I played with hally a few months ago (actually the last game i played before this one), we were v/v and they tinfoiled me a lot. I assume this is at least partly why they've been somewhat hesitant in voicing their concerns wrt me in this game. It's not unusual for people to express similar sentiments as you have and express a degree of consternation about my alignment.
doesn't your evaluation of hally here imply that you think that hally is a villager? but you were wolfreading hally up until this point, no?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:28 pm @staypositivefriend Did you prepare the link to your off-site post where you explain how people should read you pre-rand?
nope. i thought to bring it up when i saw several people making commentary on my meta
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Gavial »

Marluxion wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:44 pm i think there are non zero worlds where seth is a villager
but he is way >>>rand wolf and in the worlds where he is a villager this d1 will get him voted in lylo every single time anyway if he doesn't die today
Exactly I’m better to ML rather then having the PR outed.
Just shoot and track tonight and DO NOT EVER Jailkeep tonight whoever you are.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i feel like gavial is probably gonna go over regardless of what i do with the remaining time we have, and that's fine. he was wolfy at the start of the game and he's being deliberately antagonistic/troll-y now and i should probably just cross my fingers and hope that my initial read on him was correct. vulgard having a supposed ~godread~ on him helps a little bit too
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Let the Track and Vigilante go through tonight
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I forgot to say 69.

70/100 posts. 70% chance Gavial flips mafia goon. 30% chance he flips wolf PR.

I don't know what Visor is. A bit suspicious of Zack and SPF but it's nebulous. I have more reasons to townread SPF than I do to townread Zack.

I don't townread any of Hally, Dya, KZA. Hally's seemed off and deflated all game, plus their solving has been a bit rigid to me. Already talked about it before. Dya's been too self-conscious for my liking. I'm growing tired of the argument vs nutella, it doesn't seem to amount to anything and I have no idea how it supposedly helps dya get reads on people (if it does at all). Some people have been saying dya gets better with time so I hope to see that d2+. KZA just hasn't done anything whatsoever.

Alison hard null, I have no idea.

Still hard townreading Amy. Hard townreading Tangrowth at this point as well. Townreading Marl, Arete, nutella. Townleaning Dizzy and c4.
ImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:11 pm i feel like gavial is probably gonna go over regardless of what i do with the remaining time we have, and that's fine. he was wolfy at the start of the game and he's being deliberately antagonistic/troll-y now and i should probably just cross my fingers and hope that my initial read on him was correct. vulgard having a supposed ~godread~ on him helps a little bit too
Vulgard might be scum though.
I wouldn’t oppose to someone shooting them.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:11 pm I forgot to say 69.

70/100 posts. 70% chance Gavial flips mafia goon. 30% chance he flips wolf PR.

I don't know what Visor is. A bit suspicious of Zack and SPF but it's nebulous. I have more reasons to townread SPF than I do to townread Zack.

I don't townread any of Hally, Dya, KZA. Hally's seemed off and deflated all game, plus their solving has been a bit rigid to me. Already talked about it before. Dya's been too self-conscious for my liking. I'm growing tired of the argument vs nutella, it doesn't seem to amount to anything and I have no idea how it supposedly helps dya get reads on people (if it does at all). Some people have been saying dya gets better with time so I hope to see that d2+. KZA just hasn't done anything whatsoever.

Alison hard null, I have no idea.

Still hard townreading Amy. Hard townreading Tangrowth at this point as well. Townreading Marl, Arete, nutella. Townleaning Dizzy and c4.
Bet you will lock Town me after today!
:workit:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i would like to get a stronger read on hally if the two of us are both alive tomorrow. i've kinda just waited for them to alignment tell today but i feel like it hasn't really happened yet
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm the last game I played with hally a few months ago (actually the last game i played before this one), we were v/v and they tinfoiled me a lot. I assume this is at least partly why they've been somewhat hesitant in voicing their concerns wrt me in this game. It's not unusual for people to express similar sentiments as you have and express a degree of consternation about my alignment.
doesn't your evaluation of hally here imply that you think that hally is a villager? but you were wolfreading hally up until this point, no?
is it really necessary for me to clarify "if they are a villager" every time I talk about someone like that? :disappoint:

I wouldn't say I was wolfreading them, though I did have a post or two that probably gave that impression, and I think they've also improved a bit since then.

weak "gotcha" post, 4/10, dubious basis and the open-ended nature of your question gave me too much wiggle room instead of going for my jugular
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

No but if I was Tracker/Vigilante I would Track/Shoot within Dya/Vulgard tonight.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but the part about their reads on you kinda is
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think there’s a nonzero chance gavial flips villager here but i really can’t deal with this for another day phase so i’m choosing to not care
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

nutella wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:15 pm

but the part about their reads on you kinda is
I don't know why you're so hung up about this, and I'm still not sure how I feel about dya myself. The perspective in that post is perfectly normal from either alignment.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:15 pm i think there’s a nonzero chance gavial flips villager here but i really can’t deal with this for another day phase so i’m choosing to not care
what do your reads look like outside of gavial, generally?

Return to “Previous Rackets”