Everyone's JOATED: Guillo's Roles (Town Wins)

Moderator: Community Team

Day 6 Elimination (Hammer Enabled)

Please note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Alison
60%
MacDougall
20%
Scotty
20%
Dolby
No votes
Hollowkatt
No votes

Total votes: 5
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Re: Everyone's JOATED: Guillo's Roles (Day 3)

Post by Dolby »

I’m debating if it’s worth using because soup kill exists but basically, I can select a post and if the person is lying they die
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dolby wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:30 pm I’m debating if it’s worth using because soup kill exists but basically, I can select a post and if the person is lying they die
Well that’s terrifying

And that’s not a lie I swear
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
listo95
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by listo95 »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:30 pm
listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:15 pm
listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:53 pm If listo was scum I'd expect his read on nanook to be TMI, not an attempt to misexe a townie. This is especially true given the self-deprecating "ah I'm really bad at giving logical reasons for my cases all I have is gut" which is very poor if you're trying to get other players to vote an innocent townie but very effective if you want to distance from your partner without risking real momentum against them. So if nanook is town then I think the chances of listo being town actually increase.
Okay so let me get this right. His town meta is to pretty much do nothing and just sheep a strong voice? Where I come from that is literally wolf play. If I'm misunderstanding what you say his meta is then I'm sorry. Also let me just explain my unable to give reasons for cases. It is more being unable to find reasons more being unable to articulate why someone has been wolfy.

Genuinely I feel like he has done almost nothing this entire game except sheep voices and give that confusing start to D2 with Michelle.
I mean you’re right there. That sounds like nanook this game.

If you sheep Alison and Mac’s read of town nook meta, what other reads ya got?
Oh I literally do not sheep that at all. I fully believe Nanook is a wolf. My current other quick reads would be:
Creature - Wolf
Ender - Null (I do agree his spot needs to be resolved to get better D1 reads)
Scotty - Town
Alison - Town
TH - Honestly this does not feel like town TH to me so Wolf Lean

I think as of now those are my strongest reads besides the Nanook wolf.
I don’t feel great about TH in general, but what are you seeing to differentiate town vs mafia TH? I have no context for meta
The town TH I know is usually a lot more active and trying to solve than this I feel like.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If anything, I found the HK thing D2 pretty opportunistic with TH

Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:34 pm If anything, I found the HK thing D2 pretty opportunistic with TH
Tbh that’s the only thing I remember about them and I agree

Gonna backread
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Creature »

Dolby wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:30 pm I’m debating if it’s worth using because soup kill exists but basically, I can select a post and if the person is lying they die
I am town-aligned.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:08 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:50 pm What's with your Creature town lean? I had him as town early on for bellyaching about the soup kill but he has contributed next to nothing since then and Mac calling him out was one of the last few posts he made before he got silenced so that read has withered.
His apathy just came off as town to me. But I can see it either way. He’s a slanker and can get shot down the line if it comes to it. Would like to see more contributions
He used to have a meta of posting like five words a day when he's scum so I'm not going to clear him for apathy.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dolby
Money Launderer

Post by Dolby »

Creature wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:36 pm
I am town-aligned.
I’ll read this as towny and force someone to say this post-backread
Alison

Post by Alison »

listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:53 pm If listo was scum I'd expect his read on nanook to be TMI, not an attempt to misexe a townie. This is especially true given the self-deprecating "ah I'm really bad at giving logical reasons for my cases all I have is gut" which is very poor if you're trying to get other players to vote an innocent townie but very effective if you want to distance from your partner without risking real momentum against them. So if nanook is town then I think the chances of listo being town actually increase.
Okay so let me get this right. His town meta is to pretty much do nothing and just sheep a strong voice? Where I come from that is literally wolf play. If I'm misunderstanding what you say his meta is then I'm sorry. Also let me just explain my unable to give reasons for cases. It is more being unable to find reasons more being unable to articulate why someone has been wolfy.

Genuinely I feel like he has done almost nothing this entire game except sheep voices and give that confusing start to D2 with Michelle.
Both his scum and town meta involve doing very little and sheeping a strong voice. That is just the way nanook plays, he likes to pick someone who he thinks has good reads and follow them. When he is scum he will select a loud but wrong townie to sheep and allow them to self destruct (in fact he just finished a scum game where he did this to great success), and when he is town he will try to identify people with a high percentage chance of being town and good reads early and just follow them for the rest of the game. In this case I am leaning more towards the town side of that equation because the people he has chosen to attach his banner to are me and Mac, and I don't think we get kidnapped/time looped if we are leading town down the wrong path.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:11 pm
His reads early on melded with mine and is the main reason I was tRing him.

Simultaneously, I don’t town read him much for having a constant tunnel on nook. That’s pretty easy to fake as mafia.
I'm saying if nanook is town he is probably town, not that he is town for tunnelling nanook.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:37 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:50 pm What's with your Creature town lean? I had him as town early on for bellyaching about the soup kill but he has contributed next to nothing since then and Mac calling him out was one of the last few posts he made before he got silenced so that read has withered.
His apathy just came off as town to me. But I can see it either way. He’s a slanker and can get shot down the line if it comes to it. Would like to see more contributions
He used to have a meta of posting like five words a day when he's scum so I'm not going to clear him for apathy.
Like I've said before I've seen the dude do much more in a 50 person game...I don't get what's going on with him that he's done nothing for 2 days with lesser people. He's floated through the air with whatever the game winds have taken him.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

That said listo's refusal to sheep me and Mac's meta on nanook is probably townie in general because it reflects genuine conviction on his nanook read. If he is scum with nanook as his buddy now is the perfect chance to turn around on him without looking suspicious. Conversely if he is scum with nanook as a townie he is trying to kill then I think he would go after easier targets than someone who is being meta-townread by two loud players. I think his push on nanook comes from a genuine read.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:37 pm
I now use to have a meta of posting like five words a day when I'm extremely busy and can't find time and motivation to engage anywhere.
listo95
Stool Pigeon

Post by listo95 »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Simultaneously, I don’t town read him much for having a constant tunnel on nook. That’s pretty easy to fake as mafia.
I'm saying if nanook is town he is probably town, not that he is town for tunnelling nanook.
And I think a good question to ask in response to this here in a what if scenario. What if Nanook flips wolf? What does that do to your read of me?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

How many posts do I need to be cleared?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think I'm already past 100.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I only have this night to locktown myself though.
Alison

Post by Alison »

listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:43 pm

And I think a good question to ask in response to this here in a what if scenario. What if Nanook flips wolf? What does that do to your read of me?
If nanook is wolf I would kinda suspect you of being his partner because you seem very sure that nanook is wolf based on a gut read (= TMI) but have expressed your read in a way that (self-admittedly) makes it hard to get other people on board (= distancing from a partner you don't actually want dead).

I am mostly town leaning you now and believe in a T/T world way more than that world though.
listo95
Stool Pigeon

Post by listo95 »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

If nanook is wolf I would kinda suspect you of being his partner because you seem very sure that nanook is wolf based on a gut read (= TMI) but have expressed your read in a way that (self-admittedly) makes it hard to get other people on board (= distancing from a partner you don't actually want dead).

I am mostly town leaning you now and believe in a T/T world way more than that world though.
It is time's like this I wish people here knew my wolf vs town meta -.-

1 thing I guess I can say is I become convinced by my reads even if it comes from a gut feel. As in I will need either his flip or something that proves my feeling wrong to take him out of wolf. Honestly even if this is his town meta I see 0 town from him which would make this even worse.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
TripleHaven
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: she/they

Post by TripleHaven »

[VOTE: Ender] aubergine

Gnome / Ender are probably both wolves

there are likely 1 or more deepwolves but we'll get to it when we get to it
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I have next to zero ability to read gnome in a vacuum but mac is like borderline savant at reading people who play like her, and Alison is voting there too, so...I think I'm gonna sheep that read

[VOTE: gnome] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm pretty lackluster this game but I don't think I really need to do much driving yet cause I'm pretty sure mac and Alison are both town, when they're presumably dead in a couple days ill pick it up if the game isn't just solved already
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:53 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

It is time's like this I wish people here knew my wolf vs town meta -.-

1 thing I guess I can say is I become convinced by my reads even if it comes from a gut feel. As in I will need either his flip or something that proves my feeling wrong to take him out of wolf. Honestly even if this is his town meta I see 0 town from him which would make this even worse.
It’s statements like this that make me want to grind my teeth when it comes to the topic of metas.

If you know your own metas and scumtells, that’s the first step in crafting your scum arcanum and hollywoof acting catalogue. If you are confident in your own scum and town metas, then why should we give any credence to metas ever?

Critics might say “we’ll just knowing your own tells is one thing, but replicating them to look genuine is another”

Yeah yea blah blah. It can be done, and that’s why I’ll always take individual game behavior as priority over metas.

That being said, I feel like I have to follow others to influence my decision on some people because there’s too many scummy players left and it’s getting hard to narrow down after the first 2 scumreads.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk. Thank Ted on the way out- he paid for the venue

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 pm I'm pretty lackluster this game but I don't think I really need to do much driving yet cause I'm pretty sure mac and Alison are both town, when they're presumably dead in a couple days ill pick it up if the game isn't just solved already
NANOOKTHEGREATCHAMBERMAID

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@Dolby the soothsayer, is your veritaserum only used today?

Also who would you vote if you had the deciding vote right now….(especially since votes are tied 4-4)?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

M night shamalam plot twist: I gave Mac cotton mouth so that I could begin my reign as the highest poster in this here faarrrrrum
:epig:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:47 pm M night shamalam plot twist: I gave Mac cotton mouth so that I could begin my reign as the highest poster in this here faarrrrrum
Dolby: that is a lie please don’t stab me

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:47 pm M night shamalam plot twist: I gave Mac cotton mouth so that I could begin my reign as the highest poster in this here faarrrrrum
Did you kill Honey too? 😥
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 181

Post by EnderWiggin »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 am I’m actually surprised I’m not kidnapped today. Thought that would have been a perfect plan to alienate me.
Guess the kidnapper only has a one off JOAT and had to use something else.

I was told when I used my ability I would have to wait until I'd used all other abilities before I could use the first again. That implies Kidnapper pops up earliest on N4.

Also let me know if anything weird happened to you.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:01 pm3) Ender has to go. Three wagons at D1 were mansnicks/HK/Ender, and two of those have flipped town. The ferocity and volume of vote movement suggests that scum cared which of them died. Ender has done nothing really unfakeable as scum other than write a few walls and I suspect his D1 wagon may have been entirely clear.
Or maybe Mac, you, and me were aggressively pinging people to participate?

Did you account for that in your world?

Also "Other than write a few walls" is wrong, I'm perfectly capable of writing walls as scum. That's more a "Ender has energy" than alignment tell.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:53 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 am I’m actually surprised I’m not kidnapped today. Thought that would have been a perfect plan to alienate me.

I was told when I used my ability I would have to wait until I'd used all other abilities before I could use the first again. That implies Kidnapper pops up earliest on N4.

Nothing weird in my realm.

Why?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:49 pm
Did you kill Honey too? 😥
Nada

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 pm I'm pretty lackluster this game but I don't think I really need to do much driving yet cause I'm pretty sure mac and Alison are both town, when they're presumably dead in a couple days ill pick it up if the game isn't just solved already
NANOOKTHEGREATCHAMBERMAID
Sheeping people with better reads is just good play
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:12 pm I don't have a gun either, and I wouldn't fire it if I had one.
Finally a good fucking post.

Yes. Please don't fire guns town, we've had an exceptional number of fake ones floating around.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:58 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:53 pm

Nothing weird in my realm.

Why?
I used an ability on you that literally says "Does something random".

Wanted to know if it actually did anything.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:07 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 pm I'm alright doing Ender today. I think listo is also wolf because he's been like only pushing one single player all game and seems to lack any town process on that push.
Sorry that I trust my gut lol. My gut is one of my biggest assets when it comes to reading people.
Gut reads work best with proper reads associated to them
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:08 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 pm I'm alright doing Ender today. I think listo is also wolf because he's been like only pushing one single player all game and seems to lack any town process on that push.
As opposed to what you've done which is what exactly?
He did stay inside Creature meta.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

TripleHaven wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:18 pm this was probably a day action by mafia
Interesting that you are sure it's by mafia.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:19 pm as opposed to just leaving her alive and letting her push the same reads for me?
It's trolls like this that I appreciate you for Scotty.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Scotty wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:25 pm Why not do it to Alison? No offense to Mac but Alison would be a better insanifier target
This good question.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:40 pm Honey dying might have pointed out to me something that was mentioned earlier. She scumread both Garden Gnome and Scotty, and I feel like if she was killed over certain others that's the reason why and I need to carry out what she was doing before she died.

[VOTE: Garden Gnome] aubergine
Why GG over Scotty? Or is that just following a wagon?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wow, wonder if I was trying to call out Mafia all day yesterday but kept getting ignored.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Oh I literally do not sheep that at all. I fully believe Nanook is a wolf. My current other quick reads would be:
Creature - Wolf
Scotty - Town
Alison - Town

"Strongest reads"

"Null"

Alright.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Dolby wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:26 pm Actually, calling it a gun is not accurate but if I use it someone will die
Hey Dolby.

You should tell people why I'm town so I don't have to deal with this whole "being tunnelled" again.
listo95
Stool Pigeon

Post by listo95 »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 pm
Creature - Wolf
Scotty - Town
Alison - Town

"Strongest reads"

"Null"

Alright.
That portion was less for the null and more for the fact that you do need to be resolved for the most info gain imo.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

I like this content.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Creature - Wolf
Scotty - Town
Alison - Town

"Strongest reads"

"Null"

Alright.
That portion was less for the null and more for the fact that you do need to be resolved for the most info gain imo.
Why? Because you can't read my posts so you need to POE me?
listo95
Stool Pigeon

Post by listo95 »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:18 pm
listo95 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Creature - Wolf
Scotty - Town
Alison - Town

"Strongest reads"

"Null"

Alright.
Why? Because you can't read my posts so you need to POE me?
Well that and I do truly believe you will give a lot of info with your elimination.
Garden Gnome
The Mark
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: gnome/gnomey

Post by Garden Gnome »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:03 pm as opposed to just leaving her alive and letting her push the same reads for me?

[VOTE: Garden Gnome] aubergine
you posted this four times.
Do you think that Ender is town?
If so, why?
If not, why are you trying to save scum?

Return to “Previous Rackets”