TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm also, if you're town you already disproved your own argument with how you've went about interacting with my slot. you have been unable to focus on anything else with regards to my slot, because all you were doing as labelling everything i did as scummy instead of trying to consider why i would be doing what i did as town. so yeah in a way, you just proved my point on why tunneling asap on d1 is bad.
I have good reads on most of the game, not just you. I am able to focus on more players than just you.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Transcend
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: matt/soda

Post by Transcend »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:47 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 pm lol ill take your word for it

talk me through your reads on everyone else atm
I think Alexa is townie. EnderWiggin is null which might actually be concerning because he usually makes a big splash when he is town. I have been on board with Esooa and Nanook's reads of Mac and I don't think he's a target they would try to either misexe or bus if they were scum which means they are most likely town. LC as explained is self resolving. I think Transcend is slightly scummy because I don't understand any of his reads, but he seems committed to towncoring me which means he will dig himself into a whole if he is scum attempting a pocket.
ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 370
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:41 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:33 pm
ilario wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm
lmaooo

so why is it unreasonble for me to have a hedgey opinion 10 pages into the game? like if all my posts are hedgey then sure. if i knew everyones alignment for sure 10 pages into mafia id have gotten bored of this game a very long time ago.

fwiw in a world ur town, which im starting to think you MIGHT be, i used to play just like you. coming straight into the game tunneling reads from page 1. ive veered away from it because its bad for thread health and all you achieve is that you put the entire focus on two slots and give everyone else a pass to slide under the radar in a world where we're tvt. all you've achieved is hinder both our processes in evaluating other slots because we've been so focussed in a circular argument that seems to be based on a difference of perspective more than anything else.
If you come into the game firing 4 reads out the barrel and then suddenly make a mega hedge post later on that is cause for concern.

I find that my playstyle is extremely effective and does not allow scum to slip pass the radar at all. I have achieved pretty good success as town with my style of play. Perhaps you find yourself unable to focus on anything else, or constantly degenerating the threadstate, when you attack someone early on. But I suffer from no such malady.
also, if you're town you already disproved your own argument with how you've went about interacting with my slot. you have been unable to focus on anything else with regards to my slot, because all you were doing as labelling everything i did as scummy instead of trying to consider why i would be doing what i did as town. so yeah in a way, you just proved my point on why tunneling asap on d1 is bad.
fwiw i feel like if me/you/alison are t/t/t this is like the lime matrix game (remember i told you alison reminded me of sara w/being hit or miss tunnel !!!), and it's a situation where she's tunneling you because it's your first time playing and she doesn't know your style yet, she can very very easily be a villager
If this was Sara, she would say that someone has TMI about 40 times. 🙂🙃🙂🙃
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 pm

I think Alexa is townie. EnderWiggin is null which might actually be concerning because he usually makes a big splash when he is town. I have been on board with Esooa and Nanook's reads of Mac and I don't think he's a target they would try to either misexe or bus if they were scum which means they are most likely town. LC as explained is self resolving. I think Transcend is slightly scummy because I don't understand any of his reads, but he seems committed to towncoring me which means he will dig himself into a whole if he is scum attempting a pocket.
ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
particularly this
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

i still find it odd that matt/transcend has focused/sussed the people voting ilario a lot but completely ignored alison's take and wrote her off as town
if alison flips wolf then yeet transcend with a vengeance
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:50 pm

ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
particularly this
oh maybe i spoke too soon
Alison

Post by Alison »

What made you come around to me being a villager ilario?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

That's a pretty big leap to say that they aren't bussing or even attempting to misexe Mac because alexa is the only one voting them...........................................
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@EnderWiggin

So where are we going on D2? Are we gonna go to a nice restaurant? What about a movie? Are we gonna go on a long walk on the beach and dance in the moonlight? I'm down for whatever. ☺
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

hmmm thats a pretty thought out answer.

why would esooa/nanook not go after mac, is he like the big dog of the syndicate forums? do you really feel like theyve been targeting him that much? i can see that point maybe applying to essoa since hes her only sr i remember her outting, but i dont imagine essoa to be a timid scum (i dont have much experience seeing her as scum to back this up, its just my assumption). nanooks fos on him was more off-handish from memory and his vote isnt even on mac atm.
Alison

Post by Alison »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 pm

ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
particularly this
It's a good read. If Mac is scummy and people call him out as scum, they are likely to be town.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm

ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
particularly this
It's a good read. If Mac is scummy and people call him out as scum, they are likely to be town.
Is there a deadline to this? If I call Mac mafia too late do I get no towncred?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

k whatever alexa town there i said it ok

here's a clown emoji in the event that i'm wrong so that ppl can laugh at me now instead of postgame

🤡
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@alexa

If you're still on, serious question:

How confident are you in Illario being town currently?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:51 pm What made you come around to me being a villager ilario?
1.having a similar playstyle to you

2.your interactions with alexa showed like you were actively evaluating your read on me based on information presented by her

3. i already had i think about 3 votes on me by the time u entered. i dont think as wolf u go to such extents to try and bury a villager when there was already heat on me at the time. it just makes you look worse if i ever do go over and flip. id imagine as wolf you'd be more likely to just egg it on in a more passive manner.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:53 pm Is there a deadline to this? If I call Mac mafia too late do I get no towncred?
Yeah, but you also have to be serious about it. You can't just jokingly call him scum in RVS. Esooa had an actual good reason for scumreading Mac and that's good. Nanook... just called a post partners and vanished, so maybe I shouldn't be giving him as much cred, but I do think he's unlikely to make #177 if all three people in that interaction are buddies.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i've only played with mac once and it was in a mash

i assume he has mad clout here?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

very very quick meta sum up incase this helps -

illario - meet Alison. She is very firm on her takes. I have seen her very firmly tunnel 0/2 reads as village. She says things with confidence and assert stuff that feels like a huge ??? because she is very confident in herself. She isn't as staunchly tunneled in the way Sara is but her asserting reads with confidence is very normal despite how correct/incorrect

Alison - meet illario. He will townread a bunch of people for no reason then he will promptly change all these reads on a whim. he is much more likely to townread a bunch of people than he is to scumread (and he's less likely to throw out a bunch of townreads as wolf with confidence) - his playstyle is like the exact opposite of yours

thus far think you're both town, gonna catch up
Alison

Post by Alison »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm That's a pretty big leap to say that they aren't bussing or even attempting to misexe Mac because alexa is the only one voting them...........................................
Then my townread on them will drop off if they call Mac scummy early but don't show any genuine interest in pushing him as the game goes on. I'm not even voting Mac myself.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm @EnderWiggin

So where are we going on D2? Are we gonna go to a nice restaurant? What about a movie? Are we gonna go on a long walk on the beach and dance in the moonlight? I'm down for whatever. ☺
A long drive off a short bridge.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Transcend wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:56 pm i've only played with mac once and it was in a mash

i assume he has mad clout here?
He scared me in JOATed mafia when I was mafia and he was town.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:58 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm @EnderWiggin

A long drive off a short bridge.
A THRILL SEEKER! MY FAVORITE!!!
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Okay Alexa appears to have answered my question indirectly.
Alison

Post by Alison »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:45 pm fwiw i feel like if me/you/alison are t/t/t this is like the lime matrix game (remember i told you alison reminded me of sara w/being hit or miss tunnel !!!), and it's a situation where she's tunneling you because it's your first time playing and she doesn't know your style yet, she can very very easily be a villager
I think my tunnels are more hit than miss. You saw one of the games where it was a miss, but I do see quite a bit of success with catching wolves D1 with my playstyle. I also don't tunnel as much as people think I do. There have been many games where I have spent the first half of D1 going full force on someone and then switched to someone else in the second half because I think it's a miss.
Alison

Post by Alison »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm very very quick meta sum up incase this helps -

illario - meet Alison. She is very firm on her takes. I have seen her very firmly tunnel 0/2 reads as village. She says things with confidence and assert stuff that feels like a huge ??? because she is very confident in herself. She isn't as staunchly tunneled in the way Sara is but her asserting reads with confidence is very normal despite how correct/incorrect

Alison - meet illario. He will townread a bunch of people for no reason then he will promptly change all these reads on a whim. he is much more likely to townread a bunch of people than he is to scumread (and he's less likely to throw out a bunch of townreads as wolf with confidence) - his playstyle is like the exact opposite of yours

If ilario is town I'll get there on them eventually. As I mentioned I don't tunnel as hard as people think I do.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm very very quick meta sum up incase this helps -

I thought you knew the reason I do this by now :P
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison is playing more town than scum so far.

Jury is out because she's good but I'm leaning town there rn.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:56 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:53 pm Is there a deadline to this? If I call Mac mafia too late do I get no towncred?
Yeah, but you also have to be serious about it. You can't just jokingly call him scum in RVS. Esooa had an actual good reason for scumreading Mac and that's good. Nanook... just called a post partners and vanished, so maybe I shouldn't be giving him as much cred, but I do think he's unlikely to make #177 if all three people in that interaction are buddies.
Is there a quick way for me to go to #177?
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i really want to do x but i feel bad because y

no i'm not filling in the blanks
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm @alexa

If you're still on, serious question:

How confident are you in Illario being town currently?
like 80%
so pretty much >rand
but that's confident enough because if i had any concerns he's the first person i'd drop fast
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:01 am Alison is playing more town than scum so far.

Jury is out because she's good but I'm leaning town there rn.
what's ur best guess at a wolf read rn?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alison also feels villagery to me
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Currently in Esooa/Wiml/TSP/Nanook right now.

Pending stuff from Wiml.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 am Currently in Esooa/Wiml/TSP/Nanook right now.

Pending stuff from Wiml.
ur poe is all the current lhf?

why esooa in particular?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:05 am Currently in Esooa/Wiml/TSP/Nanook right now.

Pending stuff from Wiml.
wiml has one line
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:06 am

Pending stuff from Wiml.
wiml has one line
Hence pending stuff.
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

i was about to ask why alexa and mac's iso history was in gray on the op when everyone else's was blue

then i remember that those were the only two i looked at so far lol
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

can we yeet illario for making his name ilario and not illario cuz thats annoying the shit out of me :shrug2:
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Tyyyy

Interesting that he scumreads both me and mac, and mac was a read he had before I even came in but he didn’t vote mac.

[VOTE: nanookthegreatandfearsome] aubergine
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 am can we yeet illario for making his name ilario and not illario cuz thats annoying the shit out of me :shrug2:
it was ilario on em... lol
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

ilario wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:11 am
Tyyyy

Interesting that he scumreads both me and mac, and mac was a read he had before I even came in but he didn’t vote mac.

[VOTE: nanookthegreatandfearsome] aubergine
it seems like ur entertaining my theory but yet u nagged me about it?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:11 am
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:10 am can we yeet illario for making his name ilario and not illario cuz thats annoying the shit out of me :shrug2:
it was ilario on em... lol
oh
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:53 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:52 pm

ok this kinda sucks

but may still be town
particularly this
Is there a deadline to this? If I call Mac mafia too late do I get no towncred?
lmfao great post
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

Transcend wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:06 am

Pending stuff from Wiml.

why esooa in particular?
ender
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:56 pm
there's only two wolves Alison

@MacDougall what do u think of this
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Pending stuff from Wiml.

why esooa in particular?
Esooa has a lack of quality content. =P

But really I haven't seen anything that puts her outside her scum range yet.

Also, I respect her wolf-game a lot.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

anyways im going to bed

VVV: Alison, Ilario, LimeCoke
VV: Transcend, EnderWiggin
~
everyone else
W: Mac
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 am

Pending stuff from Wiml.

why esooa in particular?
Esooa has a lack of quality content. =P

But really I haven't seen anything that puts her outside her scum range yet.

Also, I respect her wolf-game a lot.
to be fair i thought she didn't stand out as much as others

but i looked at her iso and it's p towny

do the same for me and tell me ur conclusion
Transcend
Drug Dealer

Post by Transcend »

alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:14 am anyways im going to bed