TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 2]

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:47 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm Okay before I catch up to what I missed I’ll probably go over where my head is at rn

I don’t think tsp/nanook are maf/maf. That feels just way to level 0 for team to be teamed. I think they are at best w/v or v/v. If I had to pick whose more likely to be villager it’s probably tsp, and mostly because in this table everyone is posting into the hundreds and day 1 and people Like essoa/alexa/lc are getting pretty solidly into the towncore. I don’t think scum!tsp sees that as wolf and decides the best approach is to just 45 post and play the game the way he has. Wolves Atleast like to pretend to look like they’re gamesolving, he isn’t even doing that. Also the sheer amount of people that gave him a meta clear d1 for doing nothing somewhat makes me think he may be threadspewed.

This leaves me in a dilemma, because a very likely wincon for wolves is to just talk me and tsp to lylo, and just rely on him snapvoting me or loltunneling me for the town loss. Which means I have at best 1-2 days to figure this game out before we just lose. Normally I like it when slots like wiml hard shield me because even if they’re wolf it guarantees me safety and I can just hunt for their partners and then yeet them later. Due to my mentioned dilemma I probably can’t do that this game, so I’m gonna have to re-eval everyone from scratch today.

I already did that alexa, she’s town and I’m willing to bank the game on that. I feel pretty confident essoa is town too. That’s currently what I’m working with.

Wiml is the next person I feel most comfortable reading here, and after reading properly he had a lot of concerning progression yesterday. The way he dealt with trans felt icky, he kept prodding trans to not give up and it looked as if he was trying to work with him, but at the same time he would have posts where he said that there’s no world in which trans is not being yeeted. It didn’t feel like he was trying to solve trans if he had it made up in his mind that trans had to always go. It leads me to question what the point of his interactions were with trans if he was always going to yeet him anyways? Another issue is how narrow his field of focus has been. He trs me and Alexa. That’s good and he’s not wrong, but it’s a read he probably would make as either alignment. My issue with wiml is I have no idea what his stance on other slots are. He said very early that me and Alexa are freebies and he just needs to find 5 more town to win. But after that he didn’t really make an effort to find more town or to solve the other slots. Wiml normally makes deep meta dives and iso dives into every slot in the game but that sort of analysis hasn’t been there thus far, and I was waiting all of d1 to see it but it never came
[VOTE: Wiml] aubergine

LOLLLLLLLLL WAIT THATS NOT MEANT TO BE A CASE LMAOO. I need to iso and work it out but like maybe some pressure on him isn’t a bad thing so u can leave ur vote if u think it makes sense but u should probably re-eval him independently
alexa's been looking for an excuse and you gave her one.
how have i been looking for an excuse when i defended you all day yesterday

this is never a real thought
I guess you haven't read your own posts because it's blatantly obvious you were trying to justify a vote on me since I became a wagon today.
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 892
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:47 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:41 pm Okay before I catch up to what I missed I’ll probably go over where my head is at rn

I don’t think tsp/nanook are maf/maf. That feels just way to level 0 for team to be teamed. I think they are at best w/v or v/v. If I had to pick whose more likely to be villager it’s probably tsp, and mostly because in this table everyone is posting into the hundreds and day 1 and people Like essoa/alexa/lc are getting pretty solidly into the towncore. I don’t think scum!tsp sees that as wolf and decides the best approach is to just 45 post and play the game the way he has. Wolves Atleast like to pretend to look like they’re gamesolving, he isn’t even doing that. Also the sheer amount of people that gave him a meta clear d1 for doing nothing somewhat makes me think he may be threadspewed.

This leaves me in a dilemma, because a very likely wincon for wolves is to just talk me and tsp to lylo, and just rely on him snapvoting me or loltunneling me for the town loss. Which means I have at best 1-2 days to figure this game out before we just lose. Normally I like it when slots like wiml hard shield me because even if they’re wolf it guarantees me safety and I can just hunt for their partners and then yeet them later. Due to my mentioned dilemma I probably can’t do that this game, so I’m gonna have to re-eval everyone from scratch today.

I already did that alexa, she’s town and I’m willing to bank the game on that. I feel pretty confident essoa is town too. That’s currently what I’m working with.

Wiml is the next person I feel most comfortable reading here, and after reading properly he had a lot of concerning progression yesterday. The way he dealt with trans felt icky, he kept prodding trans to not give up and it looked as if he was trying to work with him, but at the same time he would have posts where he said that there’s no world in which trans is not being yeeted. It didn’t feel like he was trying to solve trans if he had it made up in his mind that trans had to always go. It leads me to question what the point of his interactions were with trans if he was always going to yeet him anyways? Another issue is how narrow his field of focus has been. He trs me and Alexa. That’s good and he’s not wrong, but it’s a read he probably would make as either alignment. My issue with wiml is I have no idea what his stance on other slots are. He said very early that me and Alexa are freebies and he just needs to find 5 more town to win. But after that he didn’t really make an effort to find more town or to solve the other slots. Wiml normally makes deep meta dives and iso dives into every slot in the game but that sort of analysis hasn’t been there thus far, and I was waiting all of d1 to see it but it never came
[VOTE: Wiml] aubergine

LOLLLLLLLLL WAIT THATS NOT MEANT TO BE A CASE LMAOO. I need to iso and work it out but like maybe some pressure on him isn’t a bad thing so u can leave ur vote if u think it makes sense but u should probably re-eval him independently
alexa's been looking for an excuse and you gave her one.
how have i been looking for an excuse when i defended you all day yesterday

this is never a real thought
I guess you haven't read your own posts because it's blatantly obvious you were trying to justify a vote on me since I became a wagon today.
lol
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:51 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm fwiw because I'm saying a lot of different things

wiml is still my strongest wolf read but I find use in considering things outside that regardless
i agree with you now

i don't think the way he's reading me atm ever comes from him as a villager after how he treated you d1
My read on you has nothing to do with my read on Esooa.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

like the thing about your Alexa read is it doesn't even consider what she can or can't do as a wolf. You're hard clearing her for meta she KNOWS you have. She literally just has to go "this is what LC shields me for every game so I'm just gonna do that as a wolf"

and you think that's impossible?

come on
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

i feel like wiml is in antispew and specifically trying to make me look like his partner or something based on how he's replying to me
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:53 pm i feel like wiml is in antispew and specifically trying to make me look like his partner or something based on how he's replying to me
Wtf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 737

Post by MacDougall »

updated reads

alexa - Town who needs to chill out and maybe step away

ender - still firmly poe

esooa - Town or this is her best wolf game yet

ilario - i wanna say town but maybe im underestimating a bit... need more info. Significantly more likely town if Nanook wolf and vice versa.

lime coke - extremely scummy

nanook - feels a little more town than usual. He has a bit of a frustrated and authoritative tone which I feel is towny for him in this gamestate.

tsp - who knows

wiml - still think he's wolf
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

alexa I think I've found out why some people get so annoyed in arguments with you tbh.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:53 pm like the thing about your Alexa read is it doesn't even consider what she can or can't do as a wolf. You're hard clearing her for meta she KNOWS you have. She literally just has to go "this is what LC shields me for every game so I'm just gonna do that as a wolf"

come on
why are you obsessing so much over this?

LC can read me how he wants. he's right now but he could be wrong in the future. none of that matters atm
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:44 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:40 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:38 pm LC I'm just going to say you lock clearing Alexa when you've not even played with her as a wolf or particularly seen her wolf game, then basing your entire games view on it, and being super pushy with it, is unhealthy for the game even if correct

to a pretty decent degree imo
maybe he just recognizes that i'm an obvious villager and people are fosing me for bad reasons?

like alison was defending me too
I don't really even care if he's right. It's annoying
I'm sorry, I'm pushing my townread because it's the thing I'm the most confident about. Again, if it gets on your nerves I'm sorry, but this is like, something that you can trust me on.

Like there's not that many I have that good of a grip on in terms of reading them.

This is likely the most I'll be helpful with the town. Literally trying to force a townread on people on a player that's going to be super active and work her ass off to try to solve the game that I feel is correct.

Even if I push other reads that are wrong, at least THAT read is going to be right. I call them god reads for a reason.
okay, well your read is based on a psuedo trust tell that Alexa wouldn't "manipulate" you were she a wolf or whatever and that's

1: ridiculous and really bad to push on other people
2: not even a fully accurate read
I see your point, but if I read Alexa correctly about 15 games in a row, isn't that something to consider? Like sure not seeing Alexa's wolf game isn't great. But when I've seen her town game so many times and been right I can kinda trust myself in being able to see her correctly as town.

Plus it's not particularly a "trust tell" it's just something I see her do as town every game.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:54 pm updated reads

ender - still firmly poe

ilario - i wanna say town but maybe im underestimating a bit... need more info. Significantly more likely town if Nanook wolf and vice versa.

nanook - feels a little more town than usual. He has a bit of a frustrated and authoritative tone which I feel is towny for him in this gamestate.

tsp - who knows

and what particularly made you change your read on me
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm alexa I think I've found out why some people get so annoyed in arguments with you tbh.
..you're literally pushing on me and calling my day bad for BS reasons when it's obvious AF i'm not "trying to justify a yeet on you"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@alexa your "this is never a real thought" reads are very frustrating and you should remove it from your play. I don't think it is something you will achieve much with having it in your toolkit aside from tilting the town you target with it.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:53 pm like the thing about your Alexa read is it doesn't even consider what she can or can't do as a wolf. You're hard clearing her for meta she KNOWS you have. She literally just has to go "this is what LC shields me for every game so I'm just gonna do that as a wolf"

come on

LC can read me how he wants. he's right now but he could be wrong in the future. none of that matters atm
because he does it every single game and it makes thread health worse every single game. I'm telling him to stop
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm

ender - still firmly poe

tsp - who knows

not telling
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm alexa I think I've found out why some people get so annoyed in arguments with you tbh.
..you're literally pushing on me and calling my day bad for BS reasons when it's obvious AF i'm not "trying to justify a yeet on you"
You're not worth talking to tbh.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:55 pm

ender - still firmly poe

tsp - who knows

not telling
that makes me sad
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 pm @alexa your "this is never a real thought" reads are very frustrating and you should remove it from your play. I don't think it is something you will achieve much with having it in your toolkit aside from tilting the town you target with it.
i don't think there's anything wrong w/that read
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 pm
I think we should all calm down lol
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

come on
It's not impossible for her to fool me, I guess, but what I see what I have seen multiple times and have been right about every time.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

....why wtf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

When you tell wolves they are not having a real thought they don't get wolfier.

When you tell town they are you tilt them and they do get wolfier in your perspective.

Its a like a bad tunnel trigger for you.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 pm When you tell wolves they are not having a real thought they don't get wolfier.

When you tell town they are you tilt them and they do get wolfier in your perspective.

i'm not trying to "tell" anything though i'm just trying to explain a read
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 pm

come on
It's not impossible for her to fool me, I guess, but what I see what I have seen multiple times and have been right about every time.
Okay well

having a strong read is fine

but it's also just better for the game if you let people develop their own reads

you will get more out of them like that anyways

if Alexa isn't going to be lynched, you don't need to hard shield her
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 pm @alexa your "this is never a real thought" reads are very frustrating and you should remove it from your play. I don't think it is something you will achieve much with having it in your toolkit aside from tilting the town you target with it.
i don't think there's anything wrong w/that read
The read itself is actually good but until you're able to determine whether the reaction you get is wolf or town indicative you shouldn't vocalise it. So far I see no evidence that it doesn't just lead you into open arguments and tunnels. This is meant to be advice not criticism btw.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:57 pm

come on
Okay well

having a strong read is fine

but it's also just better for the game if you let people develop their own reads

you will get more out of them like that anyways

if Alexa isn't going to be lynched, you don't need to hard shield her
he literally started shielding me because i was being tunneled though wtf
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 pm When you tell wolves they are not having a real thought they don't get wolfier.

Not every read requires you to post about it. It's fine to see something like that and push that person into doing something more strictly ai.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 pm

come on

because he does it every single game and it makes thread health worse every single game. I'm telling him to stop
I get it's a pain in the ass and I'm trying to fix it. However it's a push that kinda shouldn't happen because Alexa becomes pretty obvious town from her gameplay, annnnd the threadstate gets bad when she's pushed anyways? So best I could do is soften that out by pushing my townread on those that aren't reading her correctly.

Again, I'm trying to figure out a way to defend her without making everyone go batshit insane or piss people off more. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do so.

Again, sorry if it's making you uncomfortable.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Not every read requires you to post about it. It's fine to see something like that and push that person into doing something more strictly ai.
Case in point how I've dealt with Lime Coke today.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

im not going to stop my "this is never a real thought" reads because you don't like them
i don't think there's anything wrong w/saying that

if it is a real thought and i'm wrong then sorry
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:39 pm Can I get one combination of two players from each slot that doesn't include your own name that you feel could be w/w.

And if my names is in it, a second?

Also some slots that are absolutely never teamed from your perspective?
my solve before alison died is theres

one in wiml/ender but probably not both
one in nanook/you/tsp but for reasons alluded to earlier i dont think tsp is a hit atp

i can see any combination of these being valid
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:56 pm

come on

I get it's a pain in the ass and I'm trying to fix it. However it's a push that kinda shouldn't happen because Alexa becomes pretty obvious town from her gameplay, annnnd the threadstate gets bad when she's pushed anyways? So best I could do is soften that out by pushing my townread on those that aren't reading her correctly.

Again, I'm trying to figure out a way to defend her without making everyone go batshit insane or piss people off more. Unfortunately I haven't been able to do so.

Again, sorry if it's making you uncomfortable.
it's whatever

I guess it's just mostly about like I said hard shielding her and with caps and stuff

step in the way and tell people they're wrong if you want tbh

but it should be a discussion not just shooting them down imo

I can be like that too so yeah

just saying I think it's much better that way
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm im not going to stop my "this is never a real thought" reads because you don't like them

Think why I would be taking this angle with you.

I think some time away from the thread so your sub conscious can process the information here will help you a great deal here too btw.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

....why wtf
Your reaction to me calling your D2 is so bad that it's genuinely out of your wolf range.

Like no shit, think about what I'm actually saying instead of blindly attacking me if you want an actual conversation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:39 pm Can I get one combination of two players from each slot that doesn't include your own name that you feel could be w/w.

And if my names is in it, a second?

Also some slots that are absolutely never teamed from your perspective?
my solve before alison died is theres

one in wiml/ender but probably not both
one in nanook/you/tsp but for reasons alluded to earlier i dont think tsp is a hit atp

i can see any combination of these being valid
why
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 pm
....why wtf
Your reaction to me calling your D2 is so bad that it's genuinely out of your wolf range.

Like no shit, think about what I'm actually saying instead of blindly attacking me if you want an actual conversation.
Hey over here Wiml.

Take a break homie.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

And ftr alexa I never actually had you below a strong town read you just needed criticising lol.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

....why wtf

wtf am i saying

im going to iso myself im sorry..
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

By the way, at least I'm not calling someone a "fucking idiot" during this...

@alexa I'M MAKING PROGRESS!
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:50 pm i'm gonna go for 30 minutes and if i get back and someone doesn't have a solid case on WIml but ppl keep voting him im gonna assume

1. he's being bussed and wolf

2. wolves are pushing him

it's a crapshoot what i assume in these 2 so good luck :~~~~) because the push on wiml seems awful to me but im slightly worried there's TMI
the only thing that i thought may be tmi was macs reaction to when we were shielding wiml yesterday, he was so sure that we were wrong there that my instant thought at the time was that if one flips wolf i would turbo the other
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Sorry I'm going to leave the thread for the night I think.

I appreciate everyone in this game a lot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm[VOTE: mac] aubergine
Thats fine but please reflect on my advice when you see me flip town.

Or if you're a wolf don't because this would be exceptional wolf play and you should be applauded for it.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm Sorry I'm going to leave the thread for the night I think.

Yup take a breather, turtle. It's mafia, things get heated unfortunately.

Take care of yourself though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:50 pm i'm gonna go for 30 minutes and if i get back and someone doesn't have a solid case on WIml but ppl keep voting him im gonna assume

it's a crapshoot what i assume in these 2 so good luck :~~~~) because the push on wiml seems awful to me but im slightly worried there's TMI
the only thing that i thought may be tmi was macs reaction to when we were shielding wiml yesterday, he was so sure that we were wrong there that my instant thought at the time was that if one flips wolf i would turbo the other
keep in mind that I have a massive ego and >rand reads please.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm
....why wtf

wtf am i saying

im going to iso myself im sorry..
people just have strong reads right now and are a bit too pushy with disagreement

like I said me too, I was with Mac this SoD

Wimls a bit cranky right now too so yeah. I'm just trying to calm three thread atmosphere down rn
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:03 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:01 pm im not going to stop my "this is never a real thought" reads because you don't like them

Think why I would be taking this angle with you.

I think some time away from the thread so your sub conscious can process the information here will help you a great deal here too btw.
..the only reason I can think of you taking this angle with me is if you're wolf and know Wiml is town (IE why i changed my vote)?

so im super fucking confused
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

why are u guys speaking as if ur yeets are imminent? ur both experienced players and u know that a yeet is never a set thing when its only 3 hours into a 48 hour day
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm Sorry I'm going to leave the thread for the night I think.

good move boss. we appreciate you 1000.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm
ilario wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm

keep in mind that I have a massive ego and >rand reads please.
i get that mentality and its something im accounting for, dw i was referred to as ego illario/ego waza back in the em forums. ive like to think ive toned that down.

Return to “Previous Heists”