TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Vulgard
27%
No elimination
No votes
No vote / unvote
9%
The institution of sports (host/dead/non)
55%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 737

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 am Like NANOOK has been riding a ilario wolf read from one post into the game it just feels like he came to “ilario is a wolf” then tried to justify it rather than reading posts and trying to read him
He didn't actually. He ironically started scumreading him because Ilario was pushing you who he has been townreading since your entry. If Ilario was a wolf what tactics would you expect him to use to pocket you?
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:11 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:07 am Does the game still suck?
I've been trying to make it more productive for solving the last few pages. I did tag you with a question.
Yeah I can see the mentions and I'll respond as I get through.

Tbh I don’t really want to play any more lol.
why?
Game is draining, toxic thread I probably don't need to explain, no real developments or anything interesting really happening

Gamestate-wise it feels like nothing is changing and that the game is either going to just auto or that there's some user mega deep wolf in alexa/illario/Esooa that I'm probably never going to find or the game is mostly just won anyway. Like obviously there's a few things I can do (mostly removing myself from the miselim pool, which I don't think is going to be too hard but it's mildly tilting I'm still PoEed on D2 in a game like this, especially when it's for incredibly bad reasons like responding to a question directed at me but it's also not like the biggest issue here it just makes playing feel even worse).

(Also I thought I signed up for a light game, I'd intended to soft quit FM before this and didn't really have the time to play nor am I able to take a step back from the game but that's a whole other tangent I won't go into lol).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:28 pm @Wiml do you really scumread me for trying to project towniness from inside the POE? Is that really your best read?
Yes but not in the way you're describing here. I don't think trying to get townread is inherently scummy as much as the way you were doing it was.

I'll explain more but I want to catch up with the rest of the game first.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 pm Is reading Alexa town for getting super upset (I'm crying etc.) a fair read or does she actually have that in her wolf-range? @ilario @Lime Coke
Probably already answered but from what I've seen of her I think that alexa's not above AtE but her emotional reactions are almost always genuine.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:50 pm @Esooa do you think that wiml would find it difficult to find the correct words to push you off correctly wolf reading him?
I don't struggle to push people as a wolf.

I'm on record as saying that I think Esooa would try to push me as a wolf if she couldn't nightkill me out of fear that I'd read her correctly but I don't think that's happened this game at all.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 pm @Wiml generally speaking how do you intend to deal with the nanook slot given he is determined to make zero alignment indicative posts?
Honestly I was willing to default vote him yesterday over you/Trans and I'm probably in the same boat for today as well. I think he has high wolf equity just by PoE and having bad / locked in reads, especially in worlds where you're town.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 pm @Wiml generally speaking how do you intend to deal with the nanook slot given he is determined to make zero alignment indicative posts?
If my poe gets flipped I'll have a bunch of AI posts 🤷‍♀️
I said that before i actually read your posts in fairness. I just assumed it was as lacking as usual but I can actually see wheels turning for you in this game. I particularly liked that you called a wiml POE insane, and also when you told him that his POE contained 3-4 town.
Do you really think this is AI for Nook?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 am @Lime Coke @ilario @alexa @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Wiml @EnderWiggin @TonyStarkPrime @Esooa

if there was one player in the game you would say is most likely town and one who is most likely mafia who would they be? plz tag me in reply.
Town: illario
Wolf: Mac

@MacDougall
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 am For instance Wiml may have passed quantity markers but he has made no reads that I look at as being outside his wolf range.

Nanook has not passed any quantity markers but his reads have been more challenging to make than Wiml's reads have been.
i actually agree with this statement
Yeah, well you shouldn't.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Actually fuck this game.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Yeah I'm done. Next time look at your own reads before you shit on others.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The atmosphere of this game needs to become more respectful. Please see that it does. The MoDs remain vigilantly attentive to the game and are happy to talk with anyone. This is directed at all players. Please don't interact with this post.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Huh? Ur not even someone that I think should be yeeted anymore.

I just agree with the sentiment the I haven’t had that moment where I can say for sure that this is something wiml won’t be able to replicate for sure as wolf. Is it really that absurd for me to think that? If anything it’s a sign of respect for your wolf game cos even if I haven’t seen it I’d imagine it wiiould be pretty good since u seem to win all of them quite comfortably.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:09 am Huh? Ur not even someone that I think should be yeeted anymore.

I just agree with the sentiment the I haven’t had that moment where I can say for sure that this is something wiml won’t be able to replicate for sure as wolf. Is it really that absurd for me to think that? If anything it’s a sign of respect for your wolf game cos even if I haven’t seen it I’d imagine it wiiould be pretty good since u seem to win all of them quite comfortably.
Sorry if I'm directing my frustration here at you. I'm annoyed but not at anybody in particular I'm just annoyed.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I'm just going to take more breaks from the thread if I can become I think it's obvious when I'm playing out of obligation and it dampens the atmosphere.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

It’s cool lol I don’t take anything personally
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 am I'm just going to take more breaks from the thread if I can become I think it's obvious when I'm playing out of obligation and it dampens the atmosphere.
That’s understandable, look after yourself wiml :)
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:17 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 am I'm just going to take more breaks from the thread if I can become I think it's obvious when I'm playing out of obligation and it dampens the atmosphere.
That’s understandable, look after yourself wiml :)
Thanks, I appreciate it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:55 am For instance Wiml may have passed quantity markers but he has made no reads that I look at as being outside his wolf range.

Nanook has not passed any quantity markers but his reads have been more challenging to make than Wiml's reads have been.
You just said you don't struggle to push reads as a wolf. What reads have you made that are outside your wolf range?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:10 am
I said that before i actually read your posts in fairness. I just assumed it was as lacking as usual but I can actually see wheels turning for you in this game. I particularly liked that you called a wiml POE insane, and also when you told him that his POE contained 3-4 town.
I think the reads showed some conviction which would be towny yeah. Not overly but I am just trying to figure a guy out who is determined never to be readable so go easy on me.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

[VOTE: lime coke] aubergine

ehhhhh ive read over it again and im pretty sure lc just slipped in the post i mentioned earlier. lc being maf also explains my dilemma of: every time i feel good about my poe everyone in that poe suddenly becomes a lot townier. usually when that happens its because a scum has been cleared earlier and not revisited.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:31 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 am

You just said you don't struggle to push reads as a wolf. What reads have you made that are outside your wolf range?
I was more referring to the fact that apparently my reads are worse than the player who refuses to explain his and that apparently it's a good thing to agree with that if you're a player who obviously isn't reading my posts very well but ok.

Honestly I think in Scythe I managed to replicate a lot of depth of thought in my reads and put a lot of effort into doing that and you're not really mistaken that it's probably not out of my wolfrange to replicate that.

As for what reads I couldn't replicate that I made this game? It's more what reads wouldn't I replicate and I think illario is the most apparent one there for sure.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:34 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:10 am
I think the reads showed some conviction which would be towny yeah. Not overly but I am just trying to figure a guy out who is determined never to be readable so go easy on me.
I sort of don't mind this response and I do at least appreciate what I think Mac might be trying to do here.

I thought the original post was pockety towards Nanook and was clearing him for things I thought we would both have seen him do as a wolf in the past (given that Mac knows Nook a lot better than I do and I've seen a wolf game where he made reads / commented on other people's reads in an almost identical way to the posts Mac was calling towny) and that's why I was initially so skeptical of Mac's take here.
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 532
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Wiml. I hope I've not contributed to that emotion. But I do want it known that I highly respect your general quality of play. Especially after Scythe where, to be honest, even without the tell that you abused against me, I'm not confident I would've caught you in the end anyway. That has probably left me a little over-paranoid of your play, but take whatever time you need. I'd rather play with you and enjoy it whatever the outcome.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

ilario wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:35 am [VOTE: lime coke] aubergine

ehhhhh ive read over it again and im pretty sure lc just slipped in the post i mentioned earlier. lc being maf also explains my dilemma of: every time i feel good about my poe everyone in that poe suddenly becomes a lot townier. usually when that happens its because a scum has been cleared earlier and not revisited.
Join us, and together we will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

[/butchering quotes]
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@Lime Coke what's your read on me?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:21 am Wiml. I hope I've not contributed to that emotion. But I do want it known that I highly respect your general quality of play. Especially after Scythe where, to be honest, even without the tell that you abused against me, I'm not confident I would've caught you in the end anyway. That has probably left me a little over-paranoid of your play, but take whatever time you need. I'd rather play with you and enjoy it whatever the outcome.
You haven't and you're a beacon of calmness in this game regardless of your alignment, and thank you.

90% of my frustration this game is self induced and I'm trying not to direct that at others who don't deserve it, especially because I like all of the players in this lobby.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Don't try to read into me getting frustrated it's for NAI reasons lol.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:51 pm @EnderWiggin I still think the most strictly wolfy thing that I have seen in this game so far was the TSP fake derptell. Has your TSP read updated?
it wasn’t fake smh
I mean it wasn’t entirely real but
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 pm This IS starting to feel more like Town Mac.

I don't know what to think about that.
I wanna say this is w!Ender but that sorta doesn’t jive with most of my other thoughts on Ender today
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 pm How dumb of a read would it be to say that lime is town cause he's using large font and bold and he didn't do that in the joat game iirc
On a scale from 1 to 10 like an 8.5
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 pm @alexa

I say we should vote Mac out here.

I don't like high bars. 😥
Openwolf post
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 am
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:23 pm @alexa

I say we should vote Mac out here.

I don't like high bars. 😥
Openwolf post
Help me vote him?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:04 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:53 am @Lime Coke @ilario @alexa @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME @Wiml @EnderWiggin @TonyStarkPrime @Esooa

if there was one player in the game you would say is most likely town and one who is most likely mafia who would they be? plz tag me in reply.
Nanook and nanook
please just help me
Ilario obviously

I don't really have my TRs ordered but probably alexa cause I think among my townreads she has the fewest possible teammates
If I say worst is Alexa and best is LC then you me and Ender form a chain
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:38 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:54 pm This IS starting to feel more like Town Mac.

I wanna say this is w!Ender but that sorta doesn’t jive with most of my other thoughts on Ender today
I'm always curious what makes people think certain turns of phrase are w!Ender.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:59 am I am rather comfortable townreading Nanook now. He's put himself into a position where he is very likely to not last to endgame just simply because he made reads he believes in ie. Ilario wolf, Mac town. He is not making an effort to win this game for his wolf team unless his entire plan is to just die to spew Ilario town.
I’ve been agreeing but I’ve also considered that like holding onto the Ilario scumread is like the easiest fake scumread possible here and he hasn’t really done any reeval on it tbh
Wiml
Money Launderer

Re: Buckets: War of the GOATs

Post by Wiml »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:24 pm The way LC deals with Wiml is actually a bit weird.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:23 pm READLIIIIIIST:

Town:
Alexa
Esooa
Ender
Alison
Illario
Wiml
Mac
Nanook
TSP
Transcend
Maf:

The bottom 3 are more POE.
At this point in the game he has him pretty low. Hasn't engaged with him, tried to figure him out or anything.

Next mention of Wiml he sheeps Alexa townreading him.
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:39 pm
alexa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:38 pm Wiml just feels like solid town to me
Same.
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 pm Going in here are some disassociations I have.

Alexa - Esooa, Lime Coke, Wiml, Ilario
Ender - nobody?
Esooa - Alexa
ilario - Alexa, Nanook
Lime Coke - Alexa
Nanook - Wiml, Ilario
TSP - Nobody
Wiml - Nanook, Alexa
I'm an idiot, what is this pointing out?
Players that are not teamed from my perspective
I'm mean I'm pretty sure you can add Wiml to Esooa's list because she's literally been pushing him since Day 1.
Conscious of who has been pushing Wiml.
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:49 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:44 pm Going in here are some disassociations I have.

Alexa - Esooa, Lime Coke, Wiml, Ilario
Ender - nobody?
Esooa - Alexa
ilario - Alexa, Nanook
Lime Coke - Alexa
Nanook - Wiml, Ilario
TSP - Nobody
Wiml - Nanook, Alexa
I'm an idiot, what is this pointing out?
Players that are not teamed from my perspective
I'm mean I'm pretty sure you can add Wiml to Esooa's list because she's literally been pushing him since Day 1.
Nah its in their teammate range. Especially given Esooa was a little bit hedgey about it d1 and Wiml was never at actual risk.
Wasn't he a wagon at EOD?

The one you were on before you switched to Transcend after getting him on said wagon for some reason?
And again.
This post was why I asked.

Ftr, LC actually knows me fairly well and we've probably played together like 7-8 times. LC's treatment of me this game is actually really off.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:43 am

I said it out loud and didn’t hear sincerity
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:59 am I am rather comfortable townreading Nanook now. He's put himself into a position where he is very likely to not last to endgame just simply because he made reads he believes in ie. Ilario wolf, Mac town. He is not making an effort to win this game for his wolf team unless his entire plan is to just die to spew Ilario town.
I’ve been agreeing but I’ve also considered that like holding onto the Ilario scumread is like the easiest fake scumread possible here and he hasn’t really done any reeval on it tbh
This is the main reason I have Nook as a wolf as well.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@alexa how confident are you I your LC read currently?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

alexa wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:18 am Like NANOOK has been riding a ilario wolf read from one post into the game it just feels like he came to “ilario is a wolf” then tried to justify it rather than reading posts and trying to read him
But it’s a good read though
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Like it’s not /random/
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Honestly LC shouldn't be a wolf here but I think if I'm misclearing anybody then it's him.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I haven’t ever hung around til endgame in a game with w!Ender but like eh I don’t think he’s pretty much ever a wolf here tbh
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:47 am

I guess you say things sincerely differently to me.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Therefore: vote LC
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am

Are you an Aussie or something
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:54 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am

Are you an Aussie or something
Nah. I'm an eissuA.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am I haven’t ever hung around til endgame in a game with w!Ender but like eh I don’t think he’s pretty much ever a wolf here tbh
Articulate what made you say this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Wiml I am tempted to hammer LC here and go to night before I go to bed.

Return to “Previous Heists”