Bonk Mafia (TOWN WINS)

Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Bonk Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Alison »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:04 pm ok I'm going to take that post as an indication that alison has read falcon's day 1 and therefore am going to [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
I told you I'm not backreading 20+ pages. If you have a townie post from falcon, quote it.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Eh, I guess I could just ISO him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 185

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:04 pm ok I'm going to take that post as an indication that alison has read falcon's day 1 and therefore am going to [VOTE: Alison] aubergine
such a bad decision
Alison

Post by Alison »

falcon's D1 is villagery in tone and approach - I agree with Tony on this. As town he shotguns out a lot of pokes and prods. Most will miss and be smoothed over. A few will hit the mark and he will leap on them. As scum he does the same thing, but instead of a shotgun it's an aimed rifle, and all of the bullets miraculously hit the mark so he has a reason to vote out townies. (See: Bee Mafia.)

The following two posts are to his credit:
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:18 pm I just called Ms Cleo, and LC, Dyson, & motel are all Maf.
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:05 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 am Are you implying that dyson and lomo are potential mischops?

Like, we’re not chopping like lomo today even if he doesn’t post any more, but I always prefer content over no content. Don’t you?
Are you implying they are not potential mischops?
The first one is just vintage town Falcon, tonally. He's capable of being aggressive as scum but I don't think it's aggressive to the extent that he comes out fearlessly swinging at three people.

The second one was Scotty trying to cast shade on MR (who I think is town) and falcon poking at Scotty/undermining it.

This post is not to his credit:
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:14 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 pm I literally don’t know what to make of dyson. He is…actually a vaccuum.

My favorite is falcon needling him, then immediately voting for Mizery. Very easy to touch and back off for cred if dyson is bad

I stand by my falcon vote
This reads like a soft shade of Dyson & attempt to label a top tier town as teammate should Dyson get flipped.

I like the pun at the start, helps sell the whole thing
Because he seems to believe that Scotty is setting him up for a misexe, but votes Dyson three posts later over Scotty without anything in particular happening that should push him there. He does seem to believe that Dyson/Scotty are teamed in this post, but I'd expect town Falcon to more aggressively bury Scotty here - he's temperamental, and he hates being set up by mafia. Also, his own logic ("soft shade of Dyson") seems to suggest that scum Scotty/town Dyson is a possibility, so it's strange to me that he chooses to vote Dyson over Scotty.

My end verdict on Falcon is that I agree with TSP's read that he's been townie D1 on play alone. He has a good looking interaction with Scotty to his name. He also has a couple of bad interactions and his voting patterns haven't been the best. I would bump him to the upper POE for that, but I wouldn't take him out of the POE entirely.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

if anything your read makes Tony look more mafia for TMI reasons
Alison

Post by Alison »

Something of note: both TSP and Axe, who are in the POE, (both mine and the game's collective POE) seem eager to clear Falcon, who is currently a major suspect. I don't think they would do this if they were teamed with someone else in the POE that wasn't Falcon since in that world Falcon is town and they need his misexe. So if they are mafia they are most likely teamed with Falcon.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:22 pm Something of note: both TSP and Axe, who are in the POE, (both mine and the game's collective POE) seem eager to clear Falcon, who is currently a major suspect. I don't think they would do this if they were teamed with someone else in the POE that wasn't Falcon since in that world Falcon is town and they need his misexe. So if they are mafia they are most likely teamed with Falcon.
or the POE is inaccurate
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:24 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:22 pm Something of note: both TSP and Axe, who are in the POE, (both mine and the game's collective POE) seem eager to clear Falcon, who is currently a major suspect. I don't think they would do this if they were teamed with someone else in the POE that wasn't Falcon since in that world Falcon is town and they need his misexe. So if they are mafia they are most likely teamed with Falcon.
or the POE is inaccurate
Or the POE is inaccurate, yeah. It's why I went through my clears to make sure I'm not misclearing anyone. I'm satisfied with those clears.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

so basically if it's not NAA/Falcon or TSP/Falcon then it's probably ?
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:26 pm so basically if it's not NAA/Falcon or TSP/Falcon then it's probably ?
Then it's probably just motel and nook
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

okie dokie
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

so why do you have 4 votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 pm That Dyson's entire wagon was on the POE makes me feel good about him.

I think tutuu is cleared off this post:
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:38 pm I could vote motel room I guess

Tutuu, I know you only have 9 posts left but you wanna wonder twins activate and vote in a bloc today?

I also like how someone (TSP?) said no more mech talk and it just did. Like, why are we not doing any more mech talk? I might be coming around to the whole mass claiming thing
This is something that a wolf under pressure says to someone they're trying to pocket and convince to work with them, not a partner.

Mac has the claim and is pushing largely the same POE as me now so he is town.

Scotty was exed by a slim enough margin that I am satisfied with my clear of everyone on his wagon.

My weakest clear is probably Mizery, who I liked because I don't think mafia has a reason to hop from one vanity wagon to another and it's a difficult thing to fake. I'll double check my read there.
They're the poe in part because they're dysons wagon so that making you feel good is a bit of circular logic
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:58 pm so why do you have 4 votes
Axe thinks I'm most likely mafia for reasons unknown. tutuu thinks LoMo is spewed mafia because he was afk and couldn't save scotty which explains why Scotty died. JJJ has a POE he is happy with and is satisfied voting anyone in that POE out. TSP voted me for suspecting falcon.
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:59 pm They're the poe in part because they're dysons wagon so that making you feel good is a bit of circular logic
That's true, but if I clear people for reasons unrelated to Dyson's wagon I still arrive at a similar POE. Like if I just do at who in the game has done clearing things (JJJ voted a scum, tutuu got pocketed by Scotty, etc.), nobody on Dyson's wagon has but people outside of Dyson's wagon largely have. Which suggests that the wagon is unclean which suggests that Dyson is town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

you seem pretty townie to me fwiw

I don't disagree with the conclusion I just think the "Dyson is town so their voters are poe; the poe being Dyson voters makes me feel good about Dyson being town" logic is silly
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:07 pm I don't disagree with the conclusion I just think the "Dyson is town so their voters are poe; the poe being Dyson voters makes me feel good about Dyson being town" logic is silly
my point is that their voters are poe for reasons other than dyson being town!
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:19 pm falcon's D1 is villagery in tone and approach - I agree with Tony on this. As town he shotguns out a lot of pokes and prods. Most will miss and be smoothed over. A few will hit the mark and he will leap on them. As scum he does the same thing, but instead of a shotgun it's an aimed rifle, and all of the bullets miraculously hit the mark so he has a reason to vote out townies. (See: Bee Mafia.)

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:18 pm I just called Ms Cleo, and LC, Dyson, & motel are all Maf.
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 am Are you implying that dyson and lomo are potential mischops?

Like, we’re not chopping like lomo today even if he doesn’t post any more, but I always prefer content over no content. Don’t you?
The first one is just vintage town Falcon, tonally. He's capable of being aggressive as scum but I don't think it's aggressive to the extent that he comes out fearlessly swinging at three people.

The second one was Scotty trying to cast shade on MR (who I think is town) and falcon poking at Scotty/undermining it.

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 pm I literally don’t know what to make of dyson. He is…actually a vaccuum.

My favorite is falcon needling him, then immediately voting for Mizery. Very easy to touch and back off for cred if dyson is bad

This reads like a soft shade of Dyson & attempt to label a top tier town as teammate should Dyson get flipped.

Because he seems to believe that Scotty is setting him up for a misexe, but votes Dyson three posts later over Scotty without anything in particular happening that should push him there. He does seem to believe that Dyson/Scotty are teamed in this post, but I'd expect town Falcon to more aggressively bury Scotty here - he's temperamental, and he hates being set up by mafia. Also, his own logic ("soft shade of Dyson") seems to suggest that scum Scotty/town Dyson is a possibility, so it's strange to me that he chooses to vote Dyson over Scotty.

My end verdict on Falcon is that I agree with TSP's read that he's been townie D1 on play alone. He has a good looking interaction with Scotty to his name. He also has a couple of bad interactions and his voting patterns haven't been the best. I would bump him to the upper POE for that, but I wouldn't take him out of the POE entirely.
I asked Syn what was the repercussion of posting beyond the cap, and was handcuffed by losing my vote. I asked for a 10 post forgiveness and was told no.

Alison is like an xray machine on my meta to which I have no lead cape. I wish I could meet her in person. Beluga Whale and 112 are the only others who read me as accurately.

It makes me smile tbh, and since I'm not nearly as good at reading her, it's only mildly immasculating.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Tinfoil on tuutu is that since Scotty paid such pocket attention to her, and her exclusively, its a setup for a deepwolf.

Beyond that, I TR her and her push on me. If you can belive it
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

im pretty stoked on this tsp vote ngl
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:38 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:19 pm falcon's D1 is villagery in tone and approach - I agree with Tony on this. As town he shotguns out a lot of pokes and prods. Most will miss and be smoothed over. A few will hit the mark and he will leap on them. As scum he does the same thing, but instead of a shotgun it's an aimed rifle, and all of the bullets miraculously hit the mark so he has a reason to vote out townies. (See: Bee Mafia.)

I asked Syn what was the repercussion of posting beyond the cap, and was handcuffed by losing my vote. I asked for a 10 post forgiveness and was told no.

Alison is like an xray machine on my meta to which I have no lead cape. I wish I could meet her in person. Beluga Whale and 112 are the only others who read me as accurately.

It makes me smile tbh, and since I'm not nearly as good at reading her, it's only mildly immasculating.
Ok this makes me less confident in general but in specific it makes me more confident
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

u talkin jive

[VOTE: tsp] aubergine

Still falcon is better tbh
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 89

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:45 pm i'm confused why we aren't just hosing down the dyson voters?

Dyson sphere
Voters: NotAnAxehole, TonyStarkPrime, falcon45ca, Scotty

surely scotty isn't the only mafia voting on the c/w
Agreed that there is probably one more mafia in there. I doubt all three voted on the same wagon, scum are super aware of doing that I think.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:58 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:45 pm i'm confused why we aren't just hosing down the dyson voters?

Dyson sphere
Voters: NotAnAxehole, TonyStarkPrime, falcon45ca, Scotty

surely scotty isn't the only mafia voting on the c/w
Agreed that there is probably one more mafia in there. I doubt all three voted on the same wagon, scum are super aware of doing that I think.
usually but sometimes they just flip coins lol
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:42 pm I skimmed the thread a bit during my hiatus, and the only thing that stuck out to me was motel. His push on me is the only that feels opportunistic tbh.
Opportunistic based on my read of you or a different kind of opportunistic? Also: why?

Also you're talking about my Day 1 vote right? Which happened before way before your hiatus just then.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:42 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:37 pm I don't have much to add from what I've said before. motel has contributed 0 to the collective attempt to hammer out a POE that has been going on today. They pop in, OMGUS me, pop out. I am still very happy to kill them.
Adding onto this: they're driven by self-preservation to a degree that seems uncharacteristic for town. Everyone else, even players in the POE, has been focusing more trying to figure out who they clear, who they trust, who they would POE, etc, and negotiating or collaborating with other town players to figure that out. There is a sense that as long as we can reach a good consensus about the POE we should be fine, even if the person in question is on it. I don't think motel is vibing with that sense at all, and they have focused one of their two posts today on attacking me for suspecting them (not on proffering reasons why my suspicions are invalid - just on suggesting that I have suspected them due to an agenda on my part) and the other on giving a static readslist and dipping. I'm not seeing much desire to engage with others, in an atmosphere where I think town would be very likely to want to do so.
Attacking? I just think your reason is weak and explained why, and yet your commitment against me is massive.

So massive that you are comparing other reads as to how they would work as my partner despite saying you havent really read the thread. You have absolutely come into this game with me as your target and seeing as I know thats wrong that's suspicious as fuck.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:38 pm I asked Syn what was the repercussion of posting beyond the cap, and was handcuffed by losing my vote. I asked for a 10 post forgiveness and was told no.
So it wasnt a coin flip that killed Scotty, your vote didnt count?

Was anybody else aware of this at the end of the day? I didnt see it mentioned.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel that motel room is town
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I'm ok with a vote for Falcon, Alison or Tony today the way I'm going

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:23 am I feel that motel room is town
I also feel that you're town, roleclaim aside.

And with all this feeling going on: Fuck Mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fuck Me Mafia
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Waiting for Rondo and Dyson to visit
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: alison ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:37 am [VOTE: alison ] aubergine
talk
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Lol is that what I think it is?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:43 pm Mafia had a chance to just dogpile me and kill me Day 1, but they did not. Oops.
I mean the other consideration here is that they couldnt dog pile you and win and scotty/dyson was the sacrifice to keep you alive

Not a hard push just an obvservation
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Alison wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:06 pm Mizery dumbtelled D1 and then refused credit for it. I have seen mafia do this to strengthen townreads. (I myself did it in Buckets. I was town there, though.) Is Mizery the kind of person to do that? I don't get the sense he is. He doesn't seem like a tryhard wolf who spends all his days thinking of sneaky ways to humiliate the town. I believe the dumbtell is NAI - mafia can be clueless about the setup, too - but I am inclined to take "aw, shucks, you shouldn't be clearing me for something like that" reaction at face value.

This post also looks good for Mizery:
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:36 pm Does scotty's entrance look like it could be a pocket attempt on me or am I making that up
I entered before you, goober

Also you’re probs the closest townread I have, and I don’t give town reads early often because I suck at tone reads and D1s are the bane of my existence

So yea, sure, jump in my cargo shorts
This looks like a pocket, not a partner.

Between the dumbtell reaction and Scotty's spew, as well as my earlier point about their EOD, I am content with my Mizery clear.
Its not nice to call people dumb
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:33 pm POE pool can't go more than 6-deep. Here's a split given my current feelings overall (not limited just to those interactions I reviewed):

Master Radishes
MacDougall
RondoDimBuckle
NotAnAxehole
tutuu
Mizery

Nanook
motel room
falcon45ca
Dyson sphere
TonyStarkPrime
Alison

Don't care about the order within tiers. I'll open up another wagon, what the hell. Mac's placement remains a product of the role claim exclusively. I don't necessarily think I need six suspects and could probably drop a couple, but I'll play it safe and stay with the max.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Our lists are similar, though I have falcon town, misery poe
fixed that for you

MacDougall
NotAnAxehole
Alison
Nanook
Mizery

Master Radishes
motel room
RondoDimBuckle
falcon45ca
tutuu
Dyson sphere
TonyStarkPrime
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:53 pm Anyways a lot of people are increasingly close to being clear...Jay, Rondo, radishes...if falcon is mafia we can add motel/mizery/tutuu...apparently mac claimed pr giver, so add that for now...

So yeah, I think we're on a good track
If mac claimed PR giver why isnt he dead amd Dunya is?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:39 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:37 am [VOTE: alison ] aubergine
talk
Im not transcend I dont bork on command
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

[VOTE: MacDouggyDugDog ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 am [VOTE: MacDouggyDugDog ] aubergine
Did you get given a role at least though?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

motel room wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:50 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 am [VOTE: MacDouggyDugDog ] aubergine
Wait I got given a role?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

No I checked I am villager town. TMI?

[VOTE: Motel Room ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:51 am
Wait I got given a role?
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:36 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:23 pm Mac is confirmed mafia but also confirmed town so long as he remains an un-countered power role claim. The latter trumps the former.
he's neither lol i think he's obv vanilla town trying to bait

or maybe scum trying to look like VT trying to bait

but 0% town PR zero imma eat a sandal yeah
nope and I also lied about having given out a role n0

I gave rondo the cop checks last night
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:53 am No I checked I am villager town. TMI?

[VOTE: Motel Room ] aubergine
What was with the Alison vote then?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

motel room wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:53 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:51 am
Wait I got given a role?
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:36 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:23 pm Mac is confirmed mafia but also confirmed town so long as he remains an un-countered power role claim. The latter trumps the former.
he's neither lol i think he's obv vanilla town trying to bait

or maybe scum trying to look like VT trying to bait

but 0% town PR zero imma eat a sandal yeah
nope and I also lied about having given out a role n0

I gave rondo the cop checks last night

Why is he alive if he claimed role giver? :think:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle