Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 0

Post by S~V~S »

Zeek has played before; why do you say it is his first Day 0?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Or did I miss a post where he said that? Totally possible, lol
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

zeek wrote: Day 0 before. I don't know how you guys play on this site. I don't want this to sound like tit for tat... but I find it weird you're making a big deal of my post.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

?

Did part of this get cut off?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:?

Did part of this get cut off?
Just quoted the relevant par- or nah.....
hold on......
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

zeek wrote: I've never played in a game with Day 0 before.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Don't clip quotes. It looks bad, tbh.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:
zeek wrote: Day 0 before. I don't know how you guys play on this site. I don't want this to sound like tit for tat... but I find it weird you're making a big deal of my post.
Made wrote:
zeek wrote: I've never played in a game with Day 0 before.
Are these the same quote? This is like pulling fucking teeth, lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Yeah, I'm not buying this little back and forth at all.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Given The Master appears to be an LMS, which makes complete sense, I would bet he has a pretty powerful role, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he would resurrect after dying. I suppose The Doctor can as well though? Which means someone automatically regenerating after death could be either of those roles, potentially. So why wouldn't you mention that?
I was concentrating on the baddies, don't think it's helpful to discuss the potential secret powers of civs until necessary.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Consequently, while I do believe you have some logical and astute observations, in the end, I question the true intent behind your post. I've seen baddies (and I always try to do this myself as bad) who try to appear as helpful as possible but while simultaneously causing unnecessary paranoia, so just because I find myself agreeing with you, when I read your post part of me wondered if you are trying to set up misconceptions and paranoia.
Because you agree with me and I was trying to be helpful, I might be bad? I'm not, I was simply trying to help inform the non-Whovians who are playing. If the baddie teams were the Weeping Angels and the Slytheen I still would have speculated on likely secret powers. Due to the nature of those groups there wouldn't be a potential recruitment though, so would I have drawn your suspicion?

It's Day 0, and I've never played in a game with Day 0 before. I don't know how you guys play on this site. I don't want this to sound like tit for tat... but I find it weird you're making a big deal of my post.
Iunneven know what i'm smoking rn. full quote^
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Epignosis wrote:Yeah, I'm not buying this little back and forth at all.
You'll never make friends with that attitude!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It took me several minutes to find that quote, and i know how to search this site fairly well. Before this conversation, i thought the whole Zeek/MP thing was chest bumping, but this had made me think I want to reread Zeek a bit harder.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Enrique wrote:Dammit, Alex, it's too early to be going this hard :p
Ambray wrote:Ten
Wrong color :mad:
Made wrote:I currently see zeek as overlly confrontational, but that can easily be rationalized when you realize it's his first day 0. He (assuming you're talking about his critzing speculating about civvie roles) sounds like what I would expect in a day 1 post.
You think zeek was overly confrontational? No, I'm actually taking Dana's side here. MP came out of nowhere guns blazing based on very little. Maybe he's onto something; it is weird that zeek would omit the Doctor's regeneration like that, but is it really to the baddies' benefit? He could've easily just not thought of that. It's still weird that MP would make such a huge spectacle out of it.

To be honest I don't think a baddie would've lashed out like that without knowing that he'd be put in the spotlight. I don't see MP as bad, just chill, dude :p
fingersplints wrote:
Dana wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Or is it Dana jumping the gun on what she identifies as an easy lynch?
What do you mean by this? Who is the easy lynch?
You said yourself MP is always killed early...
Dana wrote:MP for real you're acting super fishy. Is this just your normal play style? You've been killed in the first few days in every game I've seen you in so far.
Haha, what, you think that was a threat? Dana wasn't in any way aggressive / pushy about MP. Are we actually discussing an easy lynch of Dana and not zeek or MP? :ponder:
What do you mean "you think that was a threat?" a threat of what exactly?
I think keys was saying Dana might be jumping on an easy target. And Dana said an easy target of who even though she only was discussing MP. So I pointed out that she said herself MP was lynched early. Someone who is always lynched early = easy target. I see where keys is coming from but I'm not sure that is where she was going with it at all. Maybe she just wanted to jump into the discussion too. And she doesn't know MP very well and he can come off pretty intense.
I actually haven't given my opinion other than I don't think it's weird for zeek to find day 0 weird since we didn't have day 0 polls on STV where zeek played. I don't find anyone overally suspicious at this point but it's still early.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Epignosis wrote:Yeah, I'm not buying this little back and forth at all.
Are you talking about zeek and MP?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Personally I am more interested in Zeek based on Mades defense of him. I was kinda doing the "well it's day zero" thing, but this whole conversation is odd. He says he is NOT defending Zeek, but it really feels as if he is.

Linki~ I was not sure myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's Day 0. Zeek only has ten posts. It cannot be that arduous a task to click on "In topic" under his name (he posted on page 4, so S~V~S would have only had to scroll up three posts to find it). Once on the "In topic" page, a quick skim (or use of F3) would locate the relevant post. How did Made clip the part of the quote that clipped off? Why would S~V~S tell Made to not clip quotes because it looks bad? If Made is bad, wouldn't she want to catch him acting bad rather than coach him in the thread?
S~V~S wrote:It took me several minutes to find that quote, and i know how to search this site fairly well. Before this conversation, i thought the whole Zeek/MP thing was chest bumping, but this had made me think I want to reread Zeek a bit harder.
But you didn't find the quote! Made did. :|
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did, I did not post it since he found it at the same time.

And I do think clipping quotes looks bad. But why be so secretive all the time? We ran into this in the last game; I pointed out that a point of suspicion against someone was wrong, and you gave me grief for it, Epi. And it was wrong since he was civ.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I do not like entrapment, and that is something you do seem to like.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:And I do think clipping quotes looks bad. But why be so secretive all the time? We ran into this in the last game; I pointed out that a point of suspicion against someone was wrong, and you gave me grief for it, Epi. And it was wrong since he was civ.
Did I dispute your thinking that clipping quotes looks bad? Does that answer why you would coach Made in thread? What does clipping quotes have to do with being secretive? What did we run into "last game?" When was this? What did you point out? How did I give you grief for it? Who was civilian?
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

zeek wrote:I was talking to Made :P But you bring up a good point, clowns can be scary ;)

Lol - that's funny - But felt I needed to go on record re: clowns in case there was any attempt at debate. All clowns are skerry k?

That may be my next non-lynch poll: Clowns are skerry k? With every answer being: Hellz yes!!!!

srrsly guys. Super skerry. Ok - I'm off to make pretty hosting stuff. Back later. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And I do think clipping quotes looks bad. But why be so secretive all the time? We ran into this in the last game; I pointed out that a point of suspicion against someone was wrong, and you gave me grief for it, Epi. And it was wrong since he was civ.
Did I dispute your thinking that clipping quotes looks bad? Does that answer why you would coach Made in thread? What does clipping quotes have to do with being secretive? What did we run into "last game?" When was this? What did you point out? How did I give you grief for it? Who was civilian?
In Python, before we died. Someone said something about something Made said, and I said that it was in error, Made had not done what was said. you took me to task for it, and someone else scolded you for it. i can find it if you like, but not tonight.

And I see nothing wrong with coaching new players in thread, and we have a lot of them. If they do something that looks bad, we should point it out. Becasue maybe they ARE bad, and pointing it out like that makes others see it. Or maybe they are not, and they can avoid doing something that makes them look bad in future. Like I said, I am not a fan of entrapment.

Get off the high horse, Epi.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Actually it was not hard to find, you only died on like day 2.

There were a few more posts after it, but this is the jist of it. Made was a civ, i was a neutral, and you were a serial killer. Made & I were certainly not teammates.
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:This is it, one of my last posts before I was murdered :mad:
S~V~S wrote:
OMG, I said something helpful~! I must be bad,

I miss LCs "roll eyes" smiley~ I tried to get it at his website, but the smiley link was broken
OK, gonna stop letting the end of the thread tempt me.
Did you need to speak for Made on the subject? You are suspicious of him, right? :evileye:
Jeez dude, this is not a witch hunt, we're actually trying to figure out whether he's innocent or not. If there's evidence on either side I'd like to see it posted.
My point was to let Made answer to see if his response jives with reality. Catching him in a(nother) lie is an excellent way to determine if someone is innocent or not. With other people answering for him, that can't happen.

What a pity.
You basically attacked me for not supressing evidence that painted someone in a better light.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Dammit, Alex, it's too early to be going this hard :p
I got discussion going, which is all I really wanted, so I'm happy. ;)

I don't understand why people think I've been gunning hard; I don't even know if I'll vote zeek on D1. I do find it interesting the way things have gone down, though. Anyone who thinks I've been gunning obviously aren't completely intimate with my playstyle. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

In Monty Python, I was last man standing, and could not give a tinkle whom I got lynched or why. Therefore I do not see how those (phony) suspicions are relevant here.
S~V~S wrote:Get off the high horse, Epi.
Can I help it if my equine companion is inclined to indulge in refreshments that may or may not be legal? Hmm?

In any event, I wasn't aware that asking questions elevated my outlook above that of anyone else.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Gulp, day 0 ya'll and I already had a couple of pages to read.

MP is reading like his usual self, but dang MP, you like to start things off right away huh?

I didn't read zeeks post as anything but useful, even for those of us who have seen the show. I don't immediately think of how each role or secret could be used, so it's nice to have at least some speculation. I think MP's point about regeneration for both the doctor and the master is a good point as well. I definitely wouldn't be surprised about some recruitment aspect of cyber men, but possibly limited, and possibly daleks for balance. I think it was Supernatural where we (baddies) we able to recruit it we found a specific role.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

fingersplints wrote: I think keys was saying Dana might be jumping on an easy target. And Dana said an easy target of who even though she only was discussing MP. So I pointed out that she said herself MP was lynched early. Someone who is always lynched early = easy target.
Splints knows what I was saying. @fs it's like we're like this *two fingers from my brain to yours* :D

If I saw anything in all of that, it was a baddie Dana overplaying what she saw as weakness in MP. *If* I saw anything. Tbh I was really just throwing out the mildest of pings to see what came back. Which wasn't much. But you can't blame a fella for trying!

@SVS~: why do you think clipping quotes is bad? Nobody wants to read all these quotes, get to the point, I say!

@Epi: what about that exchange seems false to you? I'm intrigued, can you put you finger on it?

@everyone: stop describing MP's play as "aggressive" or "intense", etc - he's just playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote: @Epi: what about that exchange seems false to you? I'm intrigued, can you put you finger on it?
Already did.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I want to post, but I know I'll just end up repeating stuff people said. I'll post anyway.

I also don't see anything out of the ordinary with MP - he just seems excited (for good reason!) to get things going, although I do so enjoy the Day 0 banter and am a bit sad to see it end so early. Ah well. I also don't see what the big deal is with giving DW info since, as it has been pointed out, one could easily look up DW info and speculate on their own (or with teammates, as mentioned). I'm enjoying the speculation and discussion as well with everyone, because almost no one in RL I know can be so nerdy with DW AND play a fun game at the same time :P Did I mention how happy I am with this game? Because I am.

I'm sure this thread will explode by the time I'm able to read it again (long day tomorrow). I'm getting my posting sea legs and hopefully get more active with this big game than I have in the past :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

First clowns are skerry.

MP/zeek - somehow I was not surprised by an early back and forth betwixt them.

MP likes find anything to point to for a vote day 1 and it just happened to be from a new forum member. I know he says he isn't sure he going to vote for him but if pushcomes to shove andhe finds nothing else I would lay odds that he votes for zeek. That all said I always enjoy playing with MP in a game that gets him going.

zeek was/is a strong player just feeling out how the game may have changed since he last played. I felt he was trying to helpful in giving out Who info and speculation. I did not see/feel as if e was doing anything nefarious.

SVS I don't get your beef about clipping quotes as I have done it often yet you have never said anything to me about it. Sometimes you are just trying to make a point or answer a small prtion of someones post.
Your back and forth with Epi is also not a surprise since he know what buttons to push to set you off. An vice versa.
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Roxy wrote:First clowns are skerry.
Rox wins! Game over!!!! Yay Rox!!!! :fiesta: :fiesta:

Just kidding about the winning part. :feb: Game is still on.:noble: But clowns are freekin' skerry k?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

:dance:
;)
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

fingersplints wrote:I think keys was saying Dana might be jumping on an easy target. And Dana said an easy target of who even though she only was discussing MP. So I pointed out that she said herself MP was lynched early. Someone who is always lynched early = easy target. I see where keys is coming from but I'm not sure that is where she was going with it at all. Maybe she just wanted to jump into the discussion too. And she doesn't know MP very well and he can come off pretty intense.
What is in bold was what I didn't put together, which is why I asked who, since keys was talking about zeek just the sentence before. I was commenting on how MP was killed early not to say that we should lynch him, but exactly the opposite. You're completely correct about me not knowing MP too well, which I definitely think contributed to this whole situation.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Trust me, when I present a case on someone, you'd know.
Well. That's terrifying.
It'll be an MP post that takes 20 minutes to read. :P
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Well. That's terrifying.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :fiesta: :fiesta: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Well. That's terrifying.
Ha, if you're lucky! More like 30. :p
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

FYI to all, there is a good chance we will be starting Day 1 in about 24 hours. So hopefully it gives more people some time to check in who haven't, and vote for those who have checked in but haven't voted yet. We will let you know for sure tomorrow though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Well. That's terrifying.
True. You love to read your giant posts to fall asleep at night, I bet.

I mean, they usually make ME fall asleep. :coffee3:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Well. That's terrifying.

I just read the beginning and read the end. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Well. That's terrifying.

I just read the beginning and read the end. :p
Well, I do try to have an introduction and conclusion to truly substantial cases, so that's probably a fair approach. Lol.

Seriously though, I won't build a case that extensive unless I feel it's absolutely worthwhile to do so, so to address what BWT said, no, they do not make me fall asleep; in fact, they are intellectually stimulating. :noble:

:haha:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Why can I edit in this forum? is it bc I am hosting the other game?
That should not be why, no, the permissions are completely separate.

Let me look into this. I was pretty thorough in making sure I accounted for everything permissions-wise when instituting this shiny new subforum, but that doesn't mean something didn't fall through the cracks.
I can edit as well.
Made wrote:

Linki- ok this is just a petpeev, but people describing their own tells always makes me feel weird.
Did I miss where you talked more about this? Who are you talking?
S~V~S wrote:Don't clip quotes. It looks bad, tbh.
What constitutes clipping a quote?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh one more thing! I have not gotten any Baddie vibes from MP so far, though it is early. It doesn't usually take too long for his Baddie self to shine through when he is not civ. and I think this thing with Dana is just a case of misreading him because she is not used to his play style. He can be over the top sometimes.... Or pretty much all the time! ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Am I missing another post from SD?
Gro-oo-ovy
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

... why are you asking that? She made one post.

And just for reference, is the picture of the Doctor in the first post the 12th Doctor?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

She starts off the post with "oh one more thing"
Gro-oo-ovy
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

... on her first post in this thread, you're right. What's up with that?

Maybe she was coming back from talking to her teammates. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

fingersplints wrote:Am I missing another post from SD?
Oh crap. Yes you are missing one because I accidentally hit edit instead of quote on on Dom's post!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Also just FYI I can edit my own posts in this forum too and I am not hosting anything :shrug: I'm not going too obviously but I just thought it should be pointed out
Gro-oo-ovy
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Why can I edit in this forum? is it bc I am hosting the other game?
That should not be why, no, the permissions are completely separate.

Let me look into this. I was pretty thorough in making sure I accounted for everything permissions-wise when instituting this shiny new subforum, but that doesn't mean something didn't fall through the cracks.
I can edit as well.
Made wrote:

Linki- ok this is just a petpeev, but people describing their own tells always makes me feel weird.
Did I miss where you talked more about this? Who are you talking?
S~V~S wrote:Don't clip quotes. It looks bad, tbh.
What constitutes clipping a quote?
It is likely due to the fact you are a mod and this is why the edit function appears for you. And the fact I accidentally edited this into your original post instead of quoting your original post testifies to this very fact! Sorry about that. I edited it back to the way it was and reposted this original thought.

Also, I voted for 9 and 10 because those are the only ones I have seen so far.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

In case anyone was concerned I cannot edit my posts.

I have also been known to skip, err I mean skim, MP's longer posts, especially in Full games. Although, that's not exclusive to him. :p
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nikki908
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Nikki908 »

I too enjoy television and thinking about future.
u coudda ben getin down 2 dis sik be@t

Return to “Previous Jobs”