Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Night 1

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:And your insistence on sending us to a battleground is not convincing me you're on the right side.

I have to go, civs please listen.
So we should not go to Alfava Metraxis because it might be a battleground, but we should go to Alzarius without any knowledge of what might lie there, and you won't tell us why until we get there? Alfava may or may not be dangerous, but we know what we're getting ourselves into. I might vote for a different option, but definitely not Alzurius because your insistent obscurity is not reassuring. And like I said before, we'll probably have to visit all of these places anyway.
zeek wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote:Oh apparently Alzarius is the consensus then... the third one sounded cool to me.
Bullshit it did and I'm sorry I wavered.
Give everyone a chance to vote the way they want...
Also this. :confused:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:Did anyone else actually read the lynch post? We're choosing where WE are going.
Well good thing option 1 is definitely not winning then.
Please continue to endanger us.
Well shit, I changed my vote, what more do you want?
I'll vote Arkheon with you? What say you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by Snow Dog »

bea wrote:.
"Maaw," replies Penny.
"Meooooow," answers Clara.

"Sweetie?" Diggz hops on IRC. "Has anyone seen Bea? She left two days ago to watch Dr Who with BWT."
"Nobody's seen or heard from Bea and BWT for days!" JC told him.
"We were just about get together to go find them," said MP.
"Diggz and Bea are married?" dana said thoughtfully.
"My team's winning and I didn't even do anything." teased Epi.
"Come watch my new episode of DHReviews!" DH plugs.
"Why am I in this post? What are the secrets? If it's an odd hour and the moon is aligned with Jupiter is there any way Bea will actually have anything of any sort of scientific fact in her post?" Appje starts to rev up.
"You guys! Shhhh!! You're not even playing this game." Scolds Nikki
froggy gives all nonplayers some german chocolate cake with no milk to shut them up.

Finally everyone arrives at the remains of BWT's house. The door is knocked down, rubble is everywhere and there are two piles of dust sitting on the couch while the tv plays this for no one:

Confused and hurt by the loss of such wonderful forum members, the TS members were looking for a reason to justify what had happened. And more importantly, they were looking for someone to blame. The accusations began to fly.

"My Big Sis and my Best Friend! It must be the stranger amongst us!" MP shouted.
"No way, it's probably you. You're too egar to accuse. You're hiding something." Rico Suave replied.
"Man....can't we just be chill and shit?" Made said rather calmly.
"I hope this wasn't because of our new stash." SVS mumbled to no one in particular.

The yelling and shouting continued until finally mob mentality took over and it was decided through group think that Juliet should die. Somehow TH found a rope. Elo found a knife. Snowy found BTW's ninja stars. Of course BTW has ninja stars. :noble: The crowd moved in closer on Juliet. And sought their bloody revenge.

Once the killing was done, the crowd's head began to clear. As it did they heard a strange woooshing noise as a blue telephone box appeared in the living room.

"Holy crap, it's real," muttered Bass.
"Why is there a phone box in the living room and why is it the wrong colour?" Keys asked.

Just as the crowd was thinking of going up to the box, the door creeked open and out walked a slightly older Scottsman looking around inquisitively.

"Right. You're all here. That saves a bit of time." He notices the two piles of dust regretfully. "They were found. I thought I had them tucked away safely enough but somehow they were found."

"Excuse me, what the hell is going on here?" Diggz asks angrily.

"I'm The Doctor. Bea and BWT were helping me to uncover a plot to destroy the universe. Someone has been traveling through space and time and undoing everything I've done. I have to find the culprit and stop this plan."
He looks over each person once, then twice."Wait. There are 30 of you. That's too many. Think Doctor. Think." He begins pacing the floor to try to figure out what is going on. Everyone looks on in stunned silence.

As he paces he notices the body of Juliets. "This is curious. Why didn't this body vaporize like Bea's and BTW's did?"
"ummm..." Rox started to say.
"I doubt you'll be much help. I am much more clever than you are! Just be quiet and let me think."
"Sir," splintsy started "we were so grief stricken over the loss of Bea and BTW that um...we did that. I'm not quite sure how it happened, it just did."

The Doctor seemed to pay them no attention as he leaned over the body and produced a note. He read it and shoved it into his pocket. The Doctor pulled out his sonic srewdriver and scanned the crowd. "This can't be right." He shakes it and points it at the crowd again. His eyes narrow in on splintsy. "You say, you did this?"

"Well, it all happened so fast. First we were trying to figure out who hurt Bea and BTW. Next thing we know someone has a knife and ninja stars and a gun and then we all piled in and when it was over Juliets was dead."

"Fools! Why didn't you wait for me? I was hot on their trail. You lot are coming with me."

"Wait? Where are you taking us? How are we all going to fit in there? I have to be back to Uni soon." Bullz tells The Doctor.

"Just get in now! It's a time machine, once this is straightened out you'll be back in time for Uni." He replies as he holds the door waving everyone inside. As they enter one by one, each person gasps at the site before them. "It's bigger on the inside." Goatees mutters. The Doctor looks annoyed.

"Right, I will go slowly so your small brains can follow. I found this note on Juliet's body." He begins to read aloud:

Doctor,

By now you have discovered that I found your spies and have dealt with them. I've also found your companions and hidden some spies in the mix as well. I've truly mixed everything up. I would tell you to give up, but I know you won't. Good luck trying to figure out who is a friend and who is working for us. Send a pm to both hosts with a picture of something doctor who related that also includes kitties for the chance to win a fabulous prize for literacy. I had her killed first because I know how to strike your heart deep. I know you'll come chasing after us to your own demise so I've created a game. Here is a list of planets. There will be items that can hurt or help your cause on them. Choose your destination wisely.

The Valeyard.

The Doctor folds the note back up and puts it in his pocket. "The Valeyard. I've dreaded this day. It figures he is behind this all. He would know all the people I've most loved and steal them from me. Choose a planet you lot. I have to begin to figure out the enemy among us."

The TARDIS begins to wooosh again and flicker in and out of sight while Diggz stares on.

"Football sucks, my sweetie is dead, and I don't get to go on the TARDIS.

WORST. DAY. EVER!! :wall: :wall: :sigh: "

Julets is dead. She was RIVER SONG. :(

You now have TILL 10 PM EST to choose a destination and do anything else you need to do. Please send all PM's to both hosts. If you choose not to perform a night action, send us a PM stating so. If we don't have a PM we will assume it's a missed PM and mayormaynot punish accordingly. I'm sorry for the floating time. We're working with both of our weird schedules to try to get something more consistent. I promise it'll balance out soon!!

There were 11 missing votes in a game of 31 players. That's almost half!!! This is UNACCEPTABLE. :mad:

If you missed this vote you must make 5 on topic posts between the beginning of night and the end of this next day phase. Please number your on topic posts at the end of each post. You must also apologize to JC for missing the vote and tell her how awesome she is. That post does not count toward your 5 on topic posts. :noble: If missed votes continue to be a problem we will punish MORE severely up to and including modkilling.

linki with MP - was it 15? I counted 11 missing with canuck's thread vote? But I know maths is not my strong suit and I've been more worried with getting stuff to you guys than updating the ss right now...
Nah. Not doing this. I will promise to not miss any more votes though. It's the best I can give.....oh I will apologise to Juliets. Sorry Jules.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I never did like River Song though so in a way I'm happy.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Snowdog, you refuse to post 4 more times on topic???
Pov: you reading my takes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:Snowdog, you refuse to post 4 more times on topic???
It's not hard.

Also, sorry juliets. I miss you already. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Yep!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Unless it happens naturally but i will be catching up on what went down. In my (weak) defense I presumed the poll ended nigt time for me and it's my wifes birthday and been busy
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:
Enrique wrote:
zeek wrote:Did anyone else actually read the lynch post? We're choosing where WE are going.
Well good thing option 1 is definitely not winning then.
Please continue to endanger us.
Well shit, I changed my vote, what more do you want?
I'll vote Arkheon with you? What say you?
idrc. I'm not gonna vote Azure just to be an asshole and fuck with zeek, but he may just be playing me to vote for his option so I'm passing on that too. Doing my best to stay out of this bs. I'm leaving this to the educated majority who have a clue about these planets in the context of the series.

I definitely don't want option 1 to win tho lol. I'll just go with whatever has the least votes in the end I guess.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Snow Dog wrote:
Yep!
Sounds like somebody wants to tempt fate. I would re-consider. :feb:

Linki: I understand being busy. But you still have about 7 hours to catch up and make a few more posts. You technically only need 2 more IIRC.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Edit: Sorry, you have until the end of Day 2 to meet your quota of posts, not the end of Night 1. My bad.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

Random voted for the poll, ended up with Azure.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I voted Azure because its blue.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Sup?

So, someone wanna give me the cliff notes as to what happened so far?

:coffee3:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Chris wrote:Sup?

So, someone wanna give me the cliff notes as to what happened so far?

:coffee3:
I chose poorly.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, look at all the Azure voters :|
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

I don't like infodumping, but Zeek seems really sure and I doubt a baddie would push that hard for an outcome with bad results.

More importantly, all of the Juliets bandwagoners (Elo, Bullz, Sabie) voted for Azure, so I'm suddenly feeling wary of that option. Hence, I'll switch to Alzarius.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:I don't like infodumping, but Zeek seems really sure and I doubt a baddie would push that hard for an outcome with bad results.

More importantly, all of the Juliets bandwagoners (Elo, Bullz, Sabie) voted for Azure, so I'm suddenly feeling wary of that option. Hence, I'll switch to Alzarius.
That is a very good point re the Azure voters. Something tells me this is not just a placeholder.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DFaraday wrote:I don't like infodumping, but Zeek seems really sure and I doubt a baddie would push that hard for an outcome with bad results.

Bandwagoner? Sorry she was a civ but tbh she looked to me like she was pretty much saying she'd vote for whoever someone else told her to, as well as buddying up to Epig in a major way. Didn't look civ to me.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Bullzeye wrote:

Bandwagoner? Sorry she was a civ but tbh she looked to me like she was pretty much saying she'd vote for whoever someone else told her to, as well as buddying up to Epig in a major way. Didn't look civ to me.
That's fair, but Elo and Sabie offered pretty much no explanation, and so the fact that you're still voting the same way as them gives me pause. I'm more suspicious of them than you, though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DFaraday wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

That's fair, but Elo and Sabie offered pretty much no explanation, and so the fact that you're still voting the same way as them gives me pause. I'm more suspicious of them than you, though.
I didn't even look who'd voted, I literally just randomised and didn't care. It's only a night poll.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Just so I remember to vote and post, I'm going ahead with Alzarius. As others have said, it sounds the most pleasant out of our choices (although its episodes ran before what I've seen). I know I'm sure as shit not voting Alfava because those episodes scared the bejeezus out of me. Weeping Angels give me nightmares, for serious.

Also, RIP juliets :( Sad to see that role go. I'll post more substantially later when I fully catch up, I hope!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Edit: Posting later after I go see a movie about delicious food. Forgot that detail.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I echo this sentiment; I had the same thought when I just came back and looked at who voted what.

I'd be shocked if Alzarius ended up being a poor option at this point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm also looking forward to more people actually posting on-topic because there are still a bunch who haven't commented on what went on, but I suppose D2 will be plentiful in that regard... I would hope.

I just find it strange people like Snow Dog pop in to say, nah, I don't care, I refuse to post on-topic, and then disappear.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Voting Arkheon because no one acknowledged my reasoning >_>. I don't trust none of y'all negros on Azule or Azarius, and Weeping angels are scary.
I think i've seen enough to figure out what's going on so lezzgo :dance:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Also, forgot to number my post, I got the 5 tho.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I am telling you all this is important. You don't have to trust me, you just have to vote for Alzarius. Voting patterns are everything if we fail to reach that planet. Voting everywhere because you like the colour blue is a complete avoidation of responsibility. We are choosing our destination, make it this one.

Enrique and Dom are my top suspects.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

*Voting elsewhere because you like the colour blue is a complete avoidative of responsibility.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

zeek wrote:I am telling you all this is important. You don't have to trust me, you just have to vote for Alzarius. Voting patterns are everything if we fail to reach that planet. Voting everywhere because you like the colour blue is a complete avoidation of responsibility. We are choosing our destination, make it this one.

Enrique and Dom are my top suspects.
Agreed 95% :srsnod:

"Avoidation" is not a word. The correct noun is "avoidance."

Addendum: wtf is "avoidative."
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

AVOIDANCE.

Jeez.

Linki: Indeed.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I see Dana, I'd like her vote.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:I see Dana, I'd like her vote.
u mirrin?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Mirrin?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Did MR vote without posting?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

So, "I chose poorly" is the only summation I'm going to get?

I suppose it's close enough to the beginning that I'll just start paying attention from here on out.

I'm certainly not reading 17 pages of pre game and day zero shit.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

A lot has happened for two days, Chris :P Could you please vote Alzarius?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

zeek wrote:A lot has happened for two days, Chris :P Could you please vote Alzarius?
Could you please tell me why I should?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Chris wrote:So, "I chose poorly" is the only summation I'm going to get?

I suppose it's close enough to the beginning that I'll just start paying attention from here on out.

I'm certainly not reading 17 pages of pre game and day zero shit.
Tldr- we had no clue who we were going to lynch, and then we decided after Epi made a case that Juliet was totally mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Chris wrote:
zeek wrote:A lot has happened for two days, Chris :P Could you please vote Alzarius?
Could you please tell me why I should?
The fate of the universe depends on it. :noble:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Because we have to choose which planet we're going to and this is the safest option.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:Because we have to choose which planet we're going to and this is the safest option.
ACKNOWLEDGE MY DAMN ARGUMENT

Arkheon would be the ghost planet, which means that a dead players (juliet) could potentially come back. Honestly, I think you guys don't want her back because she's talk against you.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Fighting Animals that can adapt to any threat doesn't exactly sound like the best option.

Is my argument valid in the context of the planet in doctor who, yes or no?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:
zeek wrote:Because we have to choose which planet we're going to and this is the safest option.

Arkheon would be the ghost planet, which means that a dead players (juliet) could potentially come back. Honestly, I think you guys don't want her back because she's talk against you.
I don't talk to the dead. It's against my religion.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Made wrote:

You're wrong, that's why. I acknowledge you are hampering us getting to the right planet.

linki - NO, it is not. We can adapt to survive on the planet, do you not get that?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MR has not posted since since before the lynch ended, but he just voted without posting. I have never heard of someone being silenced at night. I am not liking that vote.

Linki@ Made~ anything is possible; but based on what I recall and have wikied, I don't think so. It is also a Dalek slaver planet, so I think a vote for it would help the Daleks, assuming this is a benefit poll, which i am thinking it might be.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

And where did you get FIGHTING ANIMALS from?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, I've got just over 2 hours before the vote deadline, and I'm not going to be able to read back in time to make an informed vote.

If no one convinces me before the deadline with something better than "The fate of the universe depends on it", I think I'll either randomize or just vote for the non player option.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm putting this here right now just in case people change their votes:

Which planet do you travel to?

Poll runs till Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 pm
You may select 1 option

Alfava Metraxis
Enrique (11)
5%

Alzarius
S~V~S (2), MovingPictures07 (3), Epignosis (4), zeek (5), Hedgeowl (6), DFaraday (16), nijuukyugou (17)
37%

Arkheon
Metalmarsh89 (13), Made (18)
11%

Azure
Spacedaisy (8), Dom (9), sabie12 (10), Elohcin (12), Bullzeye (14), Bass_the_Clever (15), Mister Rearranger (19)
37%

Football sux. (Host/Dead/Mod/Non)
birdwithteeth11 (1), bea (7)
11%

Total votes : 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Went ahead and changed my vote.

I'm not liking the pack of Azure sneak-voters.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”