Moderator: Community Team

Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Re: Baby Mafia (D1)

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:03 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:56 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:44 am Let me give you a helping hand.

You maintain that there is nothing wolfy about Gira and nothing townie about Wilgy. That means my solve is ass-backwards. Assume I am town. Who do you think is trying to egg me on into a bad solve or stand by while I tunnel a townie?
I'm willing to consider to idea that I'm completely wrong and that you are not. I think Wilgy's posts are fairly ok on tone and I could see Gira being a wolf.

But to answer your question-- not sure but probably Dizzy, and I do feel like something is going on between the two of you. You initially called Dizzy wolfy for making some standard Dizzy posts, and then backed off that after they cleared Wilgy for making a nothing post that a person shouldn't be cleared for.

Realistically that should mean that the wolf team is not you/Dizzy/Wilgy-- as wolves wouldn't typically link themselves together like that so easily-- but I wonder..
I'm not sure anything really goes on between us. I got the instinctive feeling that Alison was just town for the way she came in. It's about the force of which she cleared Falcon. And it's obvious why she thought Falcon should be cleared, and I think she's trying to use that to her advantage. Which would be very towny. Not unfakable probably, but still very efficient/towny. So that was my instinct.

Now, my early reads are only early impressions. I actually don't have many "solid" reads, especially when it comes to actual scum reads.

Alison's town read on me is honestly a bit confusing. I don't know if it's something she's just going with or what actual depth she thinks lies there. She's rarely been town games we've played actually, and I think her track record of reading me is her being right one out of three times. But to be fair, the last time we played, she was spot on.
It'll be fun if you start thinking she's a wolf right when I start thinking she's a villager.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112

Post by DrWilgy »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
Ah, I ask for data and instead of responding you vote for me? Bad look.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 145

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am You know what, he’s what I’m gonna do.
I’m gonna vote Dizzy and if Dizzy wants me to move my vote they are gonna need to move off of Falcon!
I'm obviously going to move off of Falcon. I don't know why you're having such a hang up on this. Please find better things to solve into.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:23 pmIt'll be fun if you start thinking she's a wolf right when I start thinking she's a villager.
I'm in a deep stage of I don't know what I think. But if I were to lean on Alison, I'd lean town, just for her strong defence of Falcon and how forceful she's been about that.

You remember team game? I actually had pretty good reads, it turns out. Even if I was super unsure and felt them unjustified. So I'll try to meditate and go with my instinct, but right now I feel pretty uncertain due to the fact that I could see a lot of different people as town.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:17 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:15 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:51 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm Not a fan of the shade that Wigly is throwing around so throwing some in that direction.
Luckbox makes no sense
Would you rather me sit here?
Catch no bad babies?
No you're doing fine. I just think might not actually believe the posts your making.
What would make my thoughts
Into presumed lies and fibs?
Please be specific.
The "data" that you were looking for Wilgy seemed pretty dumb and wolfy, so I voted you instead.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:27 am It's actually fucking atrocious that I show that Luckbox has no logical reason to be surprised by the Dizzy read on me and his response is "wolfy post really" rather than actually defending his point. There is zero reason for him to ever do that if he is town and I have enough respect for his town play that I'm not going to let that slide.

Gira is definitely a wolf, I'm just not sure whether his role card says it.
Alison. You're being quite bullheaded here.
I don't at all find it strange that Lucky reacts to my early clearing of you.
I don't really know why he has focused on it so much.
But I think it's a reasonable thing to question or take note of.
I do agree that our interaction in our previous game where we tunnelled each other as t/s shouldn't have much bearing on this game though.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Gavial wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 pm Mizery is back
I will give a slight town lean
I like their entry.
Elaboration?
Please :3
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:08 pm Hopefully Alison will have some opinion on my alignment come day end. :noble:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:09 pm Lucky is probably town though. Does anyone object? No? Ok good.

Towncore: Lucky, Dizzy.
Both bad posts.

[VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine
Eyyyyy
Great minds think alike!
It was how they asked
About the disputed claim
There was no scum voice

Do recall this read
Is fragile and made of tone
It's not set in stone
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:26 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:17 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:15 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:51 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:48 pm Not a fan of the shade that Wigly is throwing around so throwing some in that direction.
Luckbox makes no sense
Would you rather me sit here?
Catch no bad babies?
No you're doing fine. I just think might not actually believe the posts your making.
What would make my thoughts
Into presumed lies and fibs?
Please be specific.
The "data" that you were looking for Wilgy seemed pretty dumb and wolfy, so I voted you instead.
These are truly lies.
Simply a wolf in disguise
In wish to evade.
Image Image Image
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 736

Post by Millium »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Wisp wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 am The only reason that dissonance exists is because you and ender are playing in a way that makes this game unfun for me to interact with, so my posts are being less about solving and more about being oetty
I think it's quite likely you are town, and I'm interested to hear your view on the game as a whole.
Alison can have quite strong opinions, probably as both alignments.
However, right now I'm more interested to hear about your perspectives.
You may be more like me that there are several possible ones at the same time, rather than proclaiming to have any kind of immediate solve?
I'm adding this post to my iso so I don't lose it for later, I'll respond to this after work
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: luckbox] aubergine
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 amThat's a ridiculous assertion. Someone who is a power wolf as wolf and a good townie as town (which Dizzy is, and this is well known) is going to blatantly bury villagers as scum but shield them as town. The way they treat other players is polarized and this doesn't reflect poorly on their play at all.

No it's not rational to try to cast shade on one player's early read on another when you haven't dug into why they think that, asked them about their reasoning, and you don't know what kind of meta they have with each other.
Uhhhh...

I'm not really sure I agree with how you describe my town or mafia play here lol. I'm a good mafia player because I emulate my town game very well, with worse solving. I'm a good town player insofar that I get people to talk, and I try to support the game into a healthy direction. I sometimes have good reads, probably quite above rand, but certainly not the best, and I'm often not very confident in them.

Speaking of thread health, I think the thread could use some more open talking, more explanations for perspective and less just blurting out conclusions and completely dismissing your suspects. But if that's not your think, then ok.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh no, Ender, you have infected Wilgy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can we stop calling for policy chops please?

What are everyone's reads, and why? I'll get to mine in a second. I see a lot of "THIS IS IT" and not a lot of explanation.

Yes, I know I did exactly the same in the start, but to my defence, that is kind of how I get into the game.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

EnderWiggin wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:04 pm For what it's worth,
The record to keep,
Gaviel's mirth,
Is towny a leap.
To this I'll agree.
While Alison's not sussy
Gavi is prob town.
Image Image Image
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Villagers
Alison
Dizzy
Gavial
Gira
Falcon

Probably villagers
Ender
Wisp
Nanook

Probably wolves
Wilgy

Problem is that everyone else is just LHF or Tess. And I really doubt that the wolf team is Tess/Mizery/Wilgy. So I'm misclearing people
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:38 pm Oh no, Ender, you have infected Wilgy
I didn't catch this.
I began before Wiggin
Check that ISO yo
Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:42 am Everyone who I find townie agrees with my reads.

Everyone who I find scummy hates my reads.
No?

Wisp has said they agreed with a number of your reads.
Lucky has said they are considering Gira as scum.
I don't know what I think about your reads at this moment.

This representation is not correct. Slow down.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 am I am stopping here because this is getting to the point where it is adversely affecting thread health.

It should be clear that Gira is not interested in advancing a town agenda. They are either wolf or so unable to handle being scumread that they implode and start working for wolves when pushed. Luckbox is probably town actually now that I think of the two testimonies wrt their meta.

[VOTE: Wisp] aubergine

Back to this.
It is effecting thread health. And I think you should be mindful that you can push in a way that is pretty much impossible to deal with as town. You aren't really giving people time either before you give them scum-subtitles and what not.

I don't know what it feels like for Gira, but I had a way easier time pushing against you when I was actually scum and you pushed me last time we played. How come? You're even more aggro and antagonising here. Why, what good does it serve? We get your point.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:49 am
Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 am b/c your reads amount to "are saying thungs i agree with/disagree with"

like this is nothing, borderline tautological, "you are scum because you call towny posts scummy and scummy posts town", is that meant to be anything i can interface with in any way
Really?

Show me where Wilgy or Gavial agreed with everything I said.

When I first scumread Wisp they had an extremely similar POE to me.
Now you're saying kind of the opposite of what you said a little while ago.

Here you show that you're aware that Wisp has been agreeing with a lot of your reads.

A few posts back you said that everyone you scum read disagreed with you.

Are you just full of shit now?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[VOTE: dizzy] aubergine

Sorry diz, the master compels me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:11 am I'm sheeping Ender on nanook. Gira is probably town and just throwing a tantrum.

If we assume Luckbox's meta makes him town (which I'm okay to right now, especially for the purposes of building this world) then the non-clears are Carousel, MIzery, tess, Wisp.

Not sure where Dizzy stands in this situation. I'll take a look after class.
What about Lucky's meta makes him town to you?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:51 pm [VOTE: dizzy] aubergine

You live to make me suffer, just admit it. :noble:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 81
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:54 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:51 pm [VOTE: dizzy] aubergine

I just like watching you squirm ;)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:54 pm

I just like watching you squirm ;)
Hawt
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, I can't really make a read list yet.

I think Falcon and Gavial are both town.

I'm a bit taken aback by Alison's extreme aggro, but more so how quickly she seems to change her minds on things when I don't at all get the sense that anything in particular got her to go back on her reads or reevaluate. Like how she did with Gira and Lucky.

I need to think more about this, because I'm having too many possible worlds.

If anyone have good reasons to town read certain players that are not Falcon and Gavial let me know lol
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by falcon45ca »

Thoughts on Ender's TR of you?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 433

Post by Mizery »

So I read some of page 9 and walked away and was like "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if w/v with Alison" and then I walked away and came back and started typing "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if v/v with alison" so now I don't know which one i think
Gira
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Gira »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:40 pm Can we stop calling for policy chops please?

What are everyone's reads, and why? I'll get to mine in a second. I see a lot of "THIS IS IT" and not a lot of explanation.

Yes, I know I did exactly the same in the start, but to my defence, that is kind of how I get into the game.
noted, will tone it down

but past a point when i'm being tunneled i decide just want the other person off my back regardless

if i'm not being petty ender's read on nanook is probably scummier just because it feels like an evaluation not based on things observable in reality but right now i feel like being petty still
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:42 am Everyone who I find townie agrees with my reads.

Everyone who I find scummy hates my reads.
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:49 am
Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 am b/c your reads amount to "are saying thungs i agree with/disagree with"

like this is nothing, borderline tautological, "you are scum because you call towny posts scummy and scummy posts town", is that meant to be anything i can interface with in any way
Really?

Show me where Wilgy or Gavial agreed with everything I said.

When I first scumread Wisp they had an extremely similar POE to me.
This seems like a pretty un-Alison like contradiction to me. So I'd like Alison to talk about this. How is it that everyone who you find towny agrees with your reads and everyone you find scummy hates them, and when Gira suggests the same, you argue against it?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

i want to interact is there a way to make the site not dark theme it's- and i didn't think id' ever say this-

making it hard for me to read the thread
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:05 pm So I read some of page 9 and walked away and was like "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if w/v with Alison" and then I walked away and came back and started typing "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if v/v with alison" so now I don't know which one i think
i'm not sure why you'd think either of those would be a more likely response from me to pressure?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:11 pm
Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:05 pm So I read some of page 9 and walked away and was like "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if w/v with Alison" and then I walked away and came back and started typing "wouldn't Gira be trying to townread Alison if v/v with alison" so now I don't know which one i think
i'm not sure why you'd think either of those would be a more likely response from me to pressure?
my point was i don't know either
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:12 pm
but there's probably a reason
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

so what was the point, then? just to say "i don't know"?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Gira wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:13 pm
so what was the point, then? just to say "i don't know"?
your mistake here is assuming there has to be a point to why i post things
Gira
Drug Dealer

Post by Gira »

Mizery wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:08 pm i want to interact is there a way to make the site not dark theme it's- and i didn't think id' ever say this-

making it hard for me to read the thread
user control panel at the top > board preferences > my board style

however, the prosilver theme puts the avatars on the right and i found this to be incredibly distracting
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Gavial »

Why is Alison switching votes so much? Lol.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:08 am Which probably means I should stop sussing them actually.
should i take this as a compliment or be offende-
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

the prosilver theme is strangely yellow but I'll keep it for a little bit ig
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:05 am Gira is probably town throwing a tantrum now.
Scum can’t?
I know GGhana can.

You also love the word “probably town” allot to the point I that I wonder if actually means much.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I think pfps on the right is cool bc can read posts without obviously seeing who wrote them which is fun
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I think this sudden change is a bad look for Alison but I’d like them to respond to my previous post before I make my final verdict.
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 pm Yeah, I can't really make a read list yet.

I think Falcon and Gavial are both town.

I'm a bit taken aback by Alison's extreme aggro, but more so how quickly she seems to change her minds on things when I don't at all get the sense that anything in particular got her to go back on her reads or reevaluate. Like how she did with Gira and Lucky.

I need to think more about this, because I'm having too many possible worlds.

If anyone have good reasons to town read certain players that are not Falcon and Gavial let me know lol
Alison's willingness to change her mind on people like Gira and me seems pretty villagery when she could just continue to tunnel. I'm sure she's capable of doing it as a wolf, but there have been some posts that I think are pretty good and show that she is thinking and evaluating people.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Perhaps it's just them but I don't like how aggro they are

all i know of them is the one day of Bonk mafia
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:42 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:28 am
Gavial wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:22 am
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:01 pm Gavial is transparently a townie but should never be listened to because he's Gavial.
Say that to my previous GOAT game.
1) you have 9 troll games for every 1 GOAT game

2) you THREW THAT GAME by not self pressing

I don't trust you at all
Why is Gavial town?
I do think it is, but it would be cool if you could explain it anyway. Hating the random tunnelling.
Random tunnelling? Lol.
Ain’t really a tunnel and I’ve stated why I’m voting and why I scum lean you.
If you read my post you’d know why I’m voting you.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I also have no idea where anything is tho bc i haven't read the last 4 pages which is blatantly disobeying costar but i promise I'll red over them in a bit i just need my soup first
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Funny cause Dizzy comes into thread and dips with their vote STILL on their townread.

If they were really actually considered about my vote on them they would you know like read my post and take off their vote.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:54 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:00 am @Gavial Wtf is your problem with me? Are you trying to look like you’re bussing me? Cause you definitely just picked a scum read at random here.
Let me ask you something.
Who do you scum read?
Because I’m pretty sure it ain’t Falconz
I don't really have a scum read yet.

Are you tunnelling me because I voted someone I town read? That's genius. :clap:
No it’s not as I’m not tunnelling you but I think you have a real solid chance at being scum.
I’m voting you because your votes STILL on them.
Also, this game has been up for about 24 hours and you still don’t have any suspicions at all?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:20 pmAlison's willingness to change her mind on people like Gira and me seems pretty villagery when she could just continue to tunnel. I'm sure she's capable of doing it as a wolf, but there have been some posts that I think are pretty good and show that she is thinking and evaluating people.
She's doing exactly that as a wolf. I know she does it on purpose as a wolf, to seem like she's reconsidering. The thing is, I don't see where the reconsidering is coming from. It seems pretty sudden and abrupt to me. But I want to hear what Alison has to say.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:22 pm
Gavial wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:23 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:19 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm wisp ignoring everything and focusing on the software is mildly interesting
Obviously mafia who can't partake in the enthralling discussion of color theory.
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:23 pm
Wisp wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:21 pm I mean what is their to focus on? The ramblings of RVS? Lol
[VOTE: Wisp] aubergine
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:23 pm Towncore: Dizzy, Lucky, Falcon
I don’t like this post.
If Dizzy’s scum though they aren’t aligned with Lucky and probably aren’t aligned with Wisp.
Strong, but I'm unsure if I like the take. Dizzy may be fooling me.

What of Dizzy's Wisp vote got you?
Don’t see Dizzy doing that to Wisp as buddies.
If you request I can elaborate more later but I need to get my ass back to work!

Return to “Previous Heists”