Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Enrique »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Dom's "random" vote then switched to compete with Alzarius was also something. For me the weirdest part about this whole thing is that it was such a close race to the end, but practically none of the Azure voters offered any reason other than "I like blue" or "randum."
To be fair, nobody had a good reason for their night poll votes, even the Alzarius (I think I spelled it right this time) voters. zeek might be the one exception. The pattern I think is the only peculiar bit, and Dom's 'random' vote.

Oh and let's not forget about that poor bastard who wanted to go to Arkheon all by himself. :haha:
Most of the votes at least I think were somewhat thought out. People voted Alzarius because they thought it was the safest, or nicest, even being pressured is a reason. I never saw any info about Azure other than "it's blue." I don't think it's fair nobody had any reason for voting like they did, when we were supposed to be looking for civvie benefits. If somebody voted for Azure and explained it as they didn't want to fall for zeek's manipulation, I would have taken that as a reason, but in reality all of the votes were random or throw aways. Nobody actually seemed to care about Azure, but they almost won anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

And then you have one who literally threw their vote away, while others changed their vote a couple of times. The poll voting was important.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:It would be very difficult for me to explain why, you have to wait. I don't really care if you find me suspicious, I am at least being proactive and that will bear out. You're moving yourself up my list every time you question me for having some balls.
I'm not questioning the size of your testicles and how you utilize them in mafia, I am questioning your decisions.
zeek wrote:I did follow up, said explicitly stated my two top suspects, Enrique and Dom. I did have changing thoughts over the night, which is why I moved from observing how people voted to give my strong advice on where we should go. Obviously, voting was important and if I voiced my thoughts too forcibly too early everyone might just fall in line and nothing could be gleamed from that.
I have no issue with this. Voting is indeed the most concrete information we have and can discuss in thread, and agree with your value of it. But I don't agree with your force/consistency. Applying the right amount of force while being inconsistent is why I didn't trust you.
zeek wrote:You don't owe me, I don't owe you, nobody owes anybody. BUT in a game you have to make choices and then own those choices. Blind choices are cop-outs. "I'm randomly voteing Blahblah" means you're not owing your choices.
So you told me here, or at least you implied, that I will learn soon enough. I'm still waiting. You say now that it is difficult to explain why, but why couldn't you have said that before?
zeek wrote:The fact nothing has happened yet is completely expected, surely? We only just made our choice, wait and see if something happens at the end of Day 2.
No, I expected something to happen in the Night 1/Day 2 transition; surely you did too? That's when such things usually happen, and at this point, I do not believe your confidence is sincere.

Linki: I was also placing my vote early so I don't miss the deadline again. Don't let it bother you.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Wait, Metalmarsh is Newp?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

Chris wrote:Wait, Metalmarsh is Newp?
No, he's a newt. Like the animal. He got turned into one during the Monty Python game and hasn't gotten better by the look of it.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

No not a Newp lol he is in fact a Newt ^.^

Linky still posting....
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Chris is the Newp :p
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I feel like he probably (read: blatantly) had info on the night poll. I don't think if he was bad he'd be so pushy about it though, which leads me to believe he's civ. What I do take issue with though is the 'avoidance of responsibility' line. This is only a game, people here don't owe each other anything.

Linki: Not that I know of, but it does look like there may have been info flying around last night.
I didn't mention it, but the fact that nothing has happened makes this all the more suspish. We went to the planet he wanted, seemingly, (he even says so here) but nothing is happening, nor have the hosts made any indication that we have visited a planet. It did seem that he had info, but it looks like a bluff to me. Either it was a lie (intentional or not) or this is something that might benefit him, but no one else, and not in a good way.
:ponder:

I hadn't considered that. You do raise a good point. There's no indication that anything bad or good happened as a result of the night poll, yet if you listen to Zeek you'd think the world was going to burn if we didn't choose his option.
I firmly believe this was a benefit poll. What this reminded me of more than anything was Dom & Rose' opening poll in Pixar at LP. I think it is possible that night polls will all have a point in this game; it is something Bea & I have done before when hosting.

Sometimes the results of benefit polls are made public, sometimes they are not. Just because something is not in the post does not mean it did not happen. I for one do not think zeek was bluffing, and I do not think the push was unilateral; I think several people pushed to varying degrees. I will not be voting for zeek.

Linki~ zeek said he agreed with my analysis, so i think you have your answer, Metalmarsh. The Chosen Planet was the home of Adric, a companion. None of the other planets had this distinction. Adric, in his death during the tenure of the 5th Doctor, set in motion the events that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs on earth, and thus to human life. THAT is why I voted for it. All the other places had only baddie connections.
All the other places had only baddie connections? Do you know something about player roles that we do not know? That's a funny way to state it. :ponder:

I believe your reasoning, but I still want to hear from him. I did not vote Azulius, so maybe I don't gain anything from it while others do (but no one else has indicated such). But still, this does not completely explain his complete change of heart about demanding players' votes.
Yes, baddie connections. I don't need knowledge of the roles, I just need Google.

Alfava Metraxis, destroyed by Weeping Angels, known baddies, regardless of whether or not they are in the game.

Arkheon, planet busted by Daleks, baddies, most of the inhabitants dies. The survivors eventually mutated into mindless, savage beasts.

Azure, invaded by Daleks, still baddies, in the lead up to their Earth invasion.

And I don't see Metalmarsh getting better anytime in the future, Newtwise :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:

Linky still posting....
I died before I could get better a second time. :sigh:

Linki: And I'm sure baddie is an oft used term in the Dr. Who world. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have no issue with this. Voting is indeed the most concrete information we have and can discuss in thread, and agree with your value of it. But I don't agree with your force/consistency. Applying the right amount of force while being inconsistent is why I didn't trust you.
I explained why I changed my stance and that was not inconsistent. I knew at some point I would have to be bold or we wouldn't get the desired result. You're more than willing go against me whenever you feel like it, but not when it will have consequences on other, which it could have.
zeek wrote:You don't owe me, I don't owe you, nobody owes anybody. BUT in a game you have to make choices and then own those choices. Blind choices are cop-outs. "I'm randomly voteing Blahblah" means you're not owing your choices.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:So you told me here, or at least you implied, that I will learn soon enough. I'm still waiting. You say now that it is difficult to explain why, but why couldn't you have said that before?
I can't comment on the motivations for my behaviour except to say they are for the greater good and are sincere. You will see why we voted the right way.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:No, I expected something to happen in the Night 1/Day 2 transition; surely you did too? That's when such things usually happen, and at this point, I do not believe your confidence is sincere.
Have some patience. I expect the effects to be felt at the end of the Day period. But you're going to look seriously awful if you lynch me and then the town gets an advantage from the poll.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Poor formatting there, time to get my strength up with some pizza.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

I think it's apparent that the Night Poll had some sort of effect. Zeek would have to be stupidly reckless to push so hard for an option he had no info on, and nobody would have info on the poll unless there was something to be gained from it.

Today I want to hear from Elo, Sabie, and Dom. I feel like they all have some splainin' to do. Now I want to do an I Love Lucy Speed Mafia :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

zeek wrote:Poor formatting there, time to get my strength up with some pizza.
Great minds think alike. I just threw one in the oven myself.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Bullzeye wrote:
zeek wrote:Poor formatting there, time to get my strength up with some pizza.
Great minds think alike. I just threw one in the oven myself.
Too much effot for the flu-ridden.

Hello, Pizza Hut :lorab:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote:I think it's apparent that the Night Poll had some sort of effect.
Did I miss something? :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I think it's apparent that the Night Poll had some sort of effect.
Logic
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have no issue with this. Voting is indeed the most concrete information we have and can discuss in thread, and agree with your value of it. But I don't agree with your force/consistency. Applying the right amount of force while being inconsistent is why I didn't trust you.
I explained why I changed my stance and that was not inconsistent. I knew at some point I would have to be bold or we wouldn't get the desired result. You're more than willing go against me whenever you feel like it, but not when it will have consequences on other, which it could have.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:So you told me here, or at least you implied, that I will learn soon enough. I'm still waiting. You say now that it is difficult to explain why, but why couldn't you have said that before?
I can't comment on the motivations for my behaviour except to say they are for the greater good and are sincere. You will see why we voted the right way.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:No, I expected something to happen in the Night 1/Day 2 transition; surely you did too? That's when such things usually happen, and at this point, I do not believe your confidence is sincere.
Have some patience. I expect the effects to be felt at the end of the Day period. But you're going to look seriously awful if you lynch me and then the town gets an advantage from the poll.
As I said before, I wanted answers. You didn't share them when you first posted in Day 2, so I voted and pressured hoping you would give me something to work with. I feel better now, not 100% comfortable, but better. I'll switch my vote to myself for now if it makes you feel better.

There is Pizza Hut on your side of the pond?

Linki: :evileye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Roxy wrote:
Dom wrote:
zeek wrote:
Dom wrote:I voted for a random planet tbh
Doubt it. And even if you were voting randomly you wouldn't have voted Alfava Metraxis and then changed.
Please tell me how you know this.
I was faithful to my randomizer. I read four, accidentally voted one, and then changed my vote.
This exchange has me wanting to look closer at Dom. Why lie about a simple random vote? You voted one then changed your vote to another - that is NOT random in my book. Then you post to zeek a picture/cartoon - "stop patronizing me teacher" - as a way to laugh it off bit I ain't laughing tbh.
Dom wrote:k

When I voted for Azure, I was the second vote, I think. I don't like how the pile up has been after that at all. I think I want to change my vote, but I don't like how pedantic seek is being about his option. I liked SVS's reasoning much better, but I almost don't want to vote that option to spite zeek. :p
How is this even remotely civvie minded?? Its spiteful - not helpful at all.
Roxy, I appreciate your thoughts. I changed my vote to match my randomizer because I didn't at first. That's absolutely true. I, as a player reading this, would have a hard time believing it as well, but it is true.
I'm sorry you think that is spiteful of me-- I mean, I did use the word "spite", but the way zeek pushed that option irked me. It really pissed me off. He was extremely rude and condescending towards me. It made me not want to vote the option he was voting for-- this is something I am sure you have felt before, Rox.
Enrique wrote:Dom's "random" vote then switched to compete with Alzarius was also something. For me the weirdest part about this whole thing is that it was such a close race to the end, but practically none of the Azure voters offered any reason other than "I like blue" or "randum."
Are you implying that I voted close to the end?
I did not.
S~V~S wrote: I firmly believe this was a benefit poll. What this reminded me of more than anything was Dom & Rose' opening poll in Pixar at LP. I think it is possible that night polls will all have a point in this game; it is something Bea & I have done before when hosting.
:noble:

DFaraday wrote:I think it's apparent that the Night Poll had some sort of effect. Zeek would have to be stupidly reckless to push so hard for an option he had no info on, and nobody would have info on the poll unless there was something to be gained from it.

Today I want to hear from Elo, Sabie, and Dom. I feel like they all have some splainin' to do. Now I want to do an I Love Lucy Speed Mafia :D
Please tell me what I have to "explain". I have explained what has been asked of me.
zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Logic
Did I miss where you were declared almighty, supreme god of the universe?

I would hate to miss such an event.

Honestly, I'm looking at Made today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Linky still posting....

No, but it is a term oft used by me. Once at work I was talking to coworkers about a crime in the news, and without even realizing it, I called the guy a baddie, and more than once :blush: #PlaystoomuchMafia

Happy Sunday, going to go outside & play, later for youse.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Nah, leave your vote. I just want you to understand that I didn't make a big deal during a Night phase for shits and giggles. I've brushed off MP's gambit and tried my hardest to help the town at every single turn. Even if you thought I was one of the killers last night there were still two night kills and it wouldn't make sense for me to run my mouth during the Night.

We have most of your excellent big fast-food establishments.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Zeek, have you heard the phrase "wine in front of me"?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

And to prove my integrity:
Dom wrote:
zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Logic
Did I miss where you were declared almighty, supreme god of the universe?

I would hate to miss such an event.

Honestly, I'm looking at Made today.
:llama:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Zeek, what did you think of my post about Made?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:Nah, leave your vote. I just want you to understand that I didn't make a big deal during a Night phase for shits and giggles. I've brushed off MP's gambit and tried my hardest to help the town at every single turn. Even if you thought I was one of the killers last night there were still two night kills and it wouldn't make sense for me to run my mouth during the Night.

We have most of your excellent big fast-food establishments.
:haha:

The quality is quite low at some places here compared to their international counterparts. My roommate from China has informed me as such.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:Zeek, have you heard the phrase "wine in front of me"?
Touche.

I'm still a goodie :P

linki: I'll read it more carefully and get back to you after my pizza.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

No, Dom, I was saying that Azure got plenty of votes that it didn't really have a reason for.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:

Linky still posting....

No, but it is a term oft used by me. Once at work I was talking to coworkers about a crime in the news, and without even realizing it, I called the guy a baddie, and more than once :blush: #PlaystoomuchMafia

Happy Sunday, going to go outside & play, later for youse.
Not a bad idea, I think I will too.

:lorab:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Dom wrote:Zeek, what did you think of my post about Made?
We are talking about this one, right?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:Zeek, have you heard the phrase "wine in front of me"?
You mean like this entire post?
S~V~S wrote:Those were a couple of unexpected kills, IMO. Especially MR. I would guess that MR may have been killed by someone not who sent in the kill, and possibly voted, fairly early, and did not really come back before the end. MRs drive by vote was so odd, and he could not have been silenced. It was mentioned several times,mostly by me, but still.

Had he not died, I was intending on coming in here today and making a case on him, and I think that was very apparent from my posts last night. Generally it is my experience that baddies don't NK those under suspicion. So like I said, i don't think the Master was probably an early voter.

As for TH, he went hard against MP early, but then quieted down. It is possible that that kill was done to set MP up, since most people would, as a reaction to THs death, reread TH. Personally, I don't think MP would have killed him as he has taken a lot of suspish already and TH being NKed might only add to that. This might be someone who was more involved, perhaps someone who thought they might be coming under scrutiny today. This would be a way to set up an advance distraction.

I still want to reread both MR & TH to see if anything else can be learned from their deaths.

Also glad to see more people straggling in :)
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Thanks Roxy. I missed you too!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I honestly don't see zeek as baddie. Enthusiastic yes, bad no.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

RIPIYWG TH and MR. Wasn't really sure on either of you, kind of surprised to see you both gone though.

Frankly, regarding the TH NK, I had the same thought that S~V~S seems to have on the matter, that there's an attempt to bring attention away from someone and back onto me. With the recent attention now towards zeek as well, this only confirms my suspicion. More on this later.

I must admit, I'm loving the host posts so far; they have been fantastic. And there surely were many reasons I was so excited to start this game and am excited to be playing it now: The setup is fantastic, the theme is awesome, and the hosts are not only great hosts but two people that I'm thankful to have in my life every day.

Right now my top suspects are: Sabie, Roxy, and Enrique, in that order. Have had my eye on some others as well (Metalmarsh, Dom, Made, Bullz, Elo, and Snow Dog), though I'm really unsure about them and wouldn't consider a vote for them any time soon unless something big happens. This is also incredibly subject to change as the day develops. More elaboration on this later.

Good to hear from Gotrees! I am not silenced, for the record, but I'm sure you will know when I am! Haha. In fact, I just have had to make up for the fact that I spent so much of the latter part of the week mafiaing instead of doing PhD work, so I've been busy doing PhD work. Naturally, practically all my available free time still goes to this game and will continue to do so, but I may have spurts where I'm more active or inactive depending on workload distribution.

Regarding the K9 information and secret role speculation... it seems impossible to determine right now what might be true. Something I thought of though that might help in discerning what the secret roles are: BWT seemed to design the game for 30 roles, even though 28 were only showing in the sign-up thread. He said he could take one extra member, but he told Enrique that he could not take two or more. This means that it's very possible the secret roles he had in mind were flexible between 2 and 3 individuals, but not 1 or 4+. I was leaning towards a secret Weeping Angels or Silencer team as a possibility, but the more I wonder, especially considering this, we unfortunately may have 2 or 3 independents besides the Master on our hands. OR it could be that the two secret roles were originally an extra member for each of the Dalek and Cybermen teams, and that one independent was added as well? Somehow I doubt the baddies would have a fifth member, so I don't think that's true, but a possibility. I think the multiple independents or a secret indy team of 2 or 3 members (weeping angels?) is more likely... I'd like to lean more the latter, but I'm afraid the evidence might point more towards the former.

I think I need to reexamine the suspicion of Enrique since it's very possible he is the one baddies are attempting to keep attention away from, and that he could be bad. I do remember thinking that his back and forth with zeek during N1 that his responses were a bit extreme, but I suppose I naturally figured they were genuine because I know how it is to get worked up as a civvie with seemingly indomitable suspicion against you. However, I did go back to questioning whether he was genuine during that exchange. I'm really wondering that maybe I was right to suspect him though. I just always get nervous when it seems there is a giant push to lynch someone this early on.

Regarding why I suspect Sabie: Her contributions have been little. I know she's still relatively new, but her in-game contributions are essentially summarized by D0 poll speculation and these two posts:
sabie12 wrote:Why do people vote for themselves? Is this some new fangled strategy with which I am not familiar?
This post I responded to but strikes me as odd that she'd even ask it and not say anything else about it. But it's her vote post that secures her suspicion, really:
sabie12 wrote:So I'm going out so I'm going to have to put in a vote now. Its hard to follow everthing that's going on. Juliet seems to be really overly defensive Ill go with her for now and maybe check back in later and see what's up.
The "hard to follow everything" may be genuine, but on the flipside it could be just a cop out. Her vote for juliets timing-wise was perhaps the most opportunistic AND her reasoning boils down to "juliets seems to be really defensive" which doesn't even explain why sabie thought JC was bad. Just seemed like a way to vote without having to do any real hunting herself. I look forward to what she has to contribute from here on forward, but her vote strikes me as the most suspicious one from D1.

A response to Rox (which elaborates why I find her suspicious): Thank you for your thoughts. I'm sad to hear you don't "buy" my true intentions, but I suppose that's your right. I gave up my Enrique suspicion because his responses seemed genuine to me, and my back and forth with Dana made me reexamine the strength of my thoughts against him. On the flipside of your POV, I thought what Juliets did was incredibly suspicious and I'm still shocked she flipped civvie, to be honest. She must have just been WAY overthinking what she was attempting to post and her inability to attempt to decide things for herself seemed OOT moreso than normal. And personally, I have no reason to believe we're seeing a baddie Epig here, and despite the fact that I appreciate your contributions, I think some of them are off the mark. This is demonstrated especially since you suspect Hedge for thinking Epig's thoughts were valid; you even just essentially say you think she's bad because she disagrees with your assessment on the juliets situation. I am a civvie and I saw it unfold and I firmly believe juliets's actions were incredibly suspicious, so the fact that you're not willing to consider an alternative perspective as a possible civvie one seems suspicious to me. I am also suspicious of why you mention Elo's vote but not Sabie's (more on this later). Lastly, I get this "oh, the case on JC was so bad, how could anyone believe it?!?!?!" feel from you, which seems very opportunistic, especially since you weren't around (understandably for RL reasons, I won't blame you for that). It just strikes me as an easy way for a baddie to come in after the fact and be all, 'well, how could anyone believe that?? These people who did must be bad!!' Strikes me as suspicious as well. Additionally, I had my eye on you when you seemed to be setting up suspicion against me, but consequently never expressed any firm opinions about anyone at all, and now all of a sudden you have tons of opinions after being called out for it.

Metalmarsh: Your push against zeek just because nothing immediately happened, which in my mafia experience is very typical (sometimes we don't even know if something was a civvie option or not until significantly later or when the game is over), strikes me as suspicious. This ties in with wanting to keep suspicion off of someone else, which corresponds to the suspicion against Enrique (if it is correct) since you don't say anything about him at all, and your case just strikes as contrived. Though I see you've backed off of it so I'm willing to give you the BOTD for now.

The reason the other five are on my watch list... Made's behavior has struck me as a bit too careful and I feel he gave the impression that he may have had good reason to believe juliets at least wasn't on his team by the way he reacted during D1. Dom's lack of explanation for some of his thoughts has struck me as a bit out of character, and his "random" vote during N1 was certainly odd, but I'm not sure yet that it makes him bad. Elo's vote on D1 was certainly one of the most suspicious, but I have become acquainted with her playstyle so I'm willing to hear her out. Bullz's "random" vote during N1 also struck me as odd and his vote for juliets on D1 could have been a baddie looking for something easy. Snow Dog's lack of on-topic contribution to date makes me nervous, since in the past I know he has been a talkative player, but simultaneously I know despite that he can take time before he develops sure opinions, and even then (understandably so), and I do realize he's largely been on hiatus and has been busy RL. I would say out of all of these, Elo definitely needs to be giving an explanation as even the wording of her vote yesterday seemed strange ("juliets seems the way to go" or something to that effect).

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm also looking forward to more people actually posting on-topic because there are still a bunch who haven't commented on what went on, but I suppose D2 will be plentiful in that regard... I would hope.

I just find it strange people like Snow Dog pop in to say, nah, I don't care, I refuse to post on-topic, and then disappear.
Didn't say I didn't care nor did I refuse to post on topic. I refused to count them and do a minimum of five.
Oh, okay, I must have misunderstood you then. Thanks for clarifying.

Well, thoughts?

Woah tons of linki!! And glad to finally see some thoughts from Snow Dog re: Zeek. That does make me feel relatively better about you since you now seem to posting more along the lines of what I expect. Any thoughts on anyone else yet, Snowy? (or anyone else, for that matter?)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

st00pid daleks
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Does anyone else want to come forward and let us know they had info on that poll? It seems unlikely that Zeek would be the only one. I didn't have any info. Not that I voted, but there was no PM informing me of my best choice or anything.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

D'oh! There are six on my watch list, not five. Lol. Hopefully that's the only typo/mistake I made, but it's the only one I recognized.

Alright, back to homework, see you folks later.

Linki with LC: I'm very intrigued to see the results to this. I did not have information on the poll. Are we allowed to discuss this though? I would think so, but it might be wise to double check with the hosts. And for that matter, even ask them if anyone had info on the poll. I doubt they'd give a definitive answer, but hey, you never know.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote: Please tell me what I have to "explain". I have explained what has been asked of me.
I'm wondering, if you just wanted to randomize and didn't actually care about the result, why you didn't just leave your vote on what you accidentally picked the first time. Since you had no disposition one way or another, it would be just as valid as whatever your randomizer said, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh no, wait, I can count!! I am an accountant after all. MM and then "my other five". Okay, ignore me! :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote: Please tell me what I have to "explain". I have explained what has been asked of me.
I'm wondering, if you just wanted to randomize and didn't actually care about the result, why you didn't just leave your vote on what you accidentally picked the first time. Since you had no disposition one way or another, it would be just as valid as whatever your randomizer said, right?
THIS. So this.

Now I'm gone.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Long Con wrote:Does anyone else want to come forward and let us know they had info on that poll? It seems unlikely that Zeek would be the only one. I didn't have any info. Not that I voted, but there was no PM informing me of my best choice or anything.
Info-dumping might get you mod-killed.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
I have explained this many-a-time now. I am sorry you don't like my explanation.

I used a randomizer. It gave me the option Azure. I quickly voted on my way out and voted for the first option--whatever it is called. I whispered, shit to myself, and changed my vote right away because I wanted to vote what the randomizer said. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would even notice. It took maybe 2 minutes total given that I was also packing my stuff up to leave. I apologize if you don't like this but I have said it many times now. Do not pretend that I haven't.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I'm not entirely clear on your suspicions of Made, is it because he is unclear about your posts? Like he's trying to force suspicion on you over nothing?

The problems I have with your explanation are:
I don't buy that you used a randomizer for on four options.
Logically, an accidental vote is a random vote.

Obviously, you can't answer these criticisms if what you say is true. I don't know you - maybe you just religiously follow a randomizer, even for small polls, but it is odd.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

zeek wrote:I'm not entirely clear on your suspicions of Made, is it because he is unclear about your posts? Like he's trying to force suspicion on you over nothing?

Obviously, you can't answer these criticisms if what you say is true. I don't know you - maybe you just religiously follow a randomizer, even for small polls, but it is odd.
I can understand your concern, but I have answered to the best of my-- or anyone's for that matter-- ability.
I suspect made because I think he tried to get someone to run with a suspicion of me without building any case. He simply threw my name out there saying I hadn't explained something that I HAD explained.
However, he then said he MISREAD what I had said. how did he both miss it and misread it?
In addition, Made says that he missed my explanation for why I thought MP was being hypocritical.. however, people WERE waiting for an explanation on my Enrique vote. It makes me think he saw that someone was waiting for an explanation from me, and just assumed that was it. It's sloppy mudslinging if you ask me.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I actually made notes about a couple of the things you've just mentioned but didn't connect them all together :confused:

You make some good points and I will be interested to hear his response.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

zeek wrote:I'm not entirely clear on your suspicions of Made, is it because he is unclear about your posts? Like he's trying to force suspicion on you over nothing?

I have no problem with him using a randomizer on four options. If that's what someone wants to do, so be it. What I don't get is why he would take it so seriously as to change his vote from what he accidentally chose to what the randomizer said. As you say, an accidental vote is just as random. It's not like anyone would have known and said "Oh Dom voted x when his randomizer clearly told him to vote y. Super baddie move tbh."
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:

I have no problem with him using a randomizer on four options. If that's what someone wants to do, so be it. What I don't get is why he would take it so seriously as to change his vote from what he accidentally chose to what the randomizer said. As you say, an accidental vote is just as random. It's not like anyone would have known and said "Oh Dom voted x when his randomizer clearly told him to vote y. Super baddie move tbh."
I have said all that I possibly can on the subject. There's literally nothing else for me to say. I am sorry you think this-- it was not what I was thinking when I was rushing out.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Woah tons of linki!! And glad to finally see some thoughts from Snow Dog re: Zeek. That does make me feel relatively better about you since you now seem to posting more along the lines of what I expect. Any thoughts on anyone else yet, Snowy? (or anyone else, for that matter?)
Yes I have more to say. Regarding your opening gambit against zeek, or rather gamble is a better word. I found it an odd thing if true. Seemed unlike you somehow and more like Llama. I thought it more likely that you made up the whole "gambit" story to extricate yourself from the situation.

On the other hand maybe you really are trying something new?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I have said all that I possibly can on the subject. There's literally nothing else for me to say. I am sorry you think this-- it was not what I was thinking when I was rushing out.
So now it rests on whether we believe you...
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

So now it rests on whether we believe you...
Precisely. I hope you do. :)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom....can you explain it again?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:Dom....can you explain it again?

Return to “Previous Jobs”