Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, MP. The Epig thing is a good argument but he's still not actually voted yet.

I am still going Dom. Why won't you be voting for him?
Which one are you talking about? Epig and Made have both voted.
Made, he said he was voting Epig and then voted for himself.

If he doesn't change it I think it's probable for vote has been controlled.
Oh man, I wasn't even thinking of controlled votes. Typically those imply that someone has to actually vote and gun after that forced person though, so would Made's behavior even fit that bill?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Sorry, guys. I have a super busy day ahead, but I should be back in a couple hours. I'm not caught up yet and I'm not sure what's going on with Made, so I'll have to check that out later.

If I had to vote right now, I think it would be for Epignosis. Like I said earlier in the game, maybe it's just that our playstyles don't mesh, but I really don't get him in this game and it makes me uncomfortable that most people are just giving him a pass.

But we'll see about my vote after I'm caught up. See y'all.
But how does that make Epig bad? You never explain that, so no one's really "giving him a pass". You even admit that it's maybe just your playstyles don't mesh. So... I look forward to hearing more.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh man, I wasn't even thinking of controlled votes. Typically those imply that someone has to actually vote and gun after that forced person though, so would Made's behavior even fit that bill?
I don't know, I've not got any experience of it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also kind of forgot about Bullz. He hasn't given me great feelings this game yet, but there is hardly much to go on.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I also kind of forgot about Bullz. He hasn't given me great feelings this game yet, but there is hardly much to go on.
I feel this way about half the players.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, MP. The Epig thing is a good argument but he's still not actually voted yet.

Oh man, I wasn't even thinking of controlled votes. Typically those imply that someone has to actually vote and gun after that forced person though, so would Made's behavior even fit that bill?
Hes's not gunning after himself though, and I believe he voted Epi on Day 1 anyway.

I'm sorry you don't feel confident about me, I haven't looked at you at all, so I don't know how to feel about you. I am in a similar boat in that there's not a single player I feel good about lynching right now, which is the pimary reason I went with elo.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh man, I wasn't even thinking of controlled votes. Typically those imply that someone has to actually vote and gun after that forced person though, so would Made's behavior even fit that bill?
I don't know, I've not got any experience of it.
Oh, okay. Well, typically forced votes would say something like "You have to vote for zeek", and then I'd have to come in here, never imply that I was forced, and precede to vote you and come up with a decent sounding reason for it.

So the fact that Made is pushing Epig but then, say he never changes his vote, wouldn't really equate with him being forced to vote Epig or himself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also kind of forgot about Bullz. He hasn't given me great feelings this game yet, but there is hardly much to go on.
Yeah, me too, and that's the freaking problem.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Hes's not gunning after himself though, and I believe he voted Epi on Day 1 anyway.

I'm sorry you don't feel confident about me, I haven't looked at you at all, so I don't know how to feel about you. I am in a similar boat in that there's not a single player I feel good about lynching right now, which is the pimary reason I went with elo.
He didn't vote Epi on D1 though, that was the point I made. In fact I think he missed the D1 vote.

I presume your vote for Elo is based entirely on her D1 vote and lack of explanation?
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

It's strange he didn't vote for Epig though. I initially took his Epig post as a joke and dismissed it.

According to the poll archive, Made didn't vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek, what do you think of this post: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 415#p86415 ??

I am always a bit nervous to go after SD, but I also feel I sometimes fixate on her more than most others because I know her better than anyone else, but at the same time especially the second half of that post gives me bad feels.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:It's strange he didn't vote for Epig though. I initially took his Epig post as a joke and dismissed it.

If it is a joke, then who is his suspect? He hasn't mentioned anyone else.

Actually, I'm going to go INTENTLY re-read Made now. I'll also re-read Enrique and a few others, will let you know what I find, if anything.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Yeah, me too, and that's the freaking problem.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

He didn't vote Epi on D1 though, that was the point I made. In fact I think he missed the D1 vote.

I presume your vote for Elo is based entirely on her D1 vote and lack of explanation?
You're right, he missed the vote.

And yes that is all about Elo. Though frankly there isn't anything else to go from. ;) That's the other reason.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

And yes that is all about Elo. Though frankly there isn't anything else to go from. ;) That's the other reason.
Well, yeah, makes sense. In fact, a vote for Elo is most "logical" out of probably all the players right now, but oddly enough that's what sorts of makes me hesitant to do it. It just seems like a real easy way for baddies to get someone on their team not lynched, and then just shrug and be like, 'well, she wasn't playing and made a suspicious vote!'

So I'm torn on that one.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Sorry, guys. I have a super busy day ahead, but I should be back in a couple hours. I'm not caught up yet and I'm not sure what's going on with Made, so I'll have to check that out later.

If I had to vote right now, I think it would be for Epignosis. Like I said earlier in the game, maybe it's just that our playstyles don't mesh, but I really don't get him in this game and it makes me uncomfortable that most people are just giving him a pass.

But how does that make Epig bad? You never explain that, so no one's really "giving him a pass". You even admit that it's maybe just your playstyles don't mesh. So... I look forward to hearing more.
What I'm trying to say is, from my own point of view he'd be suspicious as hell. I don't blame him for the juliets lynch since I was pretty confident in that too, but the way he's playing so bluntly making one line per post usually stating "I think x is bad" without further elaboration, not caring to address posts about him / directed at him, plus his stubbornness and refusing to listen to anyone after he's made up his mind. What gives me pause is that people don't make anything of it and just let him slide by. This is only the second time I play with him, and in the last game he died super early, so I assume this isn't all that different to normal Epig... but I don't get it, and to me, it's suspicious. And tbh I have nothing better to go on.

Dom has pinged me a couple of times, but I also haven't played with him in so long that I can't tell his civ and baddie games apart. Out of the two I'd still vote for Epig.

I have a presentation in less than 20 minutes but dammit I'm so compelled to catch up right now.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, what do you think of this post: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 415#p86415 ??

I am always a bit nervous to go after SD, but I also feel I sometimes fixate on her more than most others because I know her better than anyone else, but at the same time especially the second half of that post gives me bad feels.
I feel better about it now than I orginally did actually. Being that she suspects you and zeek in that post, I don't know if your reactions are what I want though. Why does it ping you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

What I'm trying to say is, from my own point of view he'd be suspicious as hell. I don't blame him for the juliets lynch since I was pretty confident in that too, but the way he's playing so bluntly making one line per post usually stating "I think x is bad" without further elaboration, not caring to address posts about him / directed at him, plus his stubbornness and refusing to listen to anyone after he's made up his mind. What gives me pause is that people don't make anything of it and just let him slide by. This is only the second time I play with him, and in the last game he died super early, so I assume this isn't all that different to normal Epig... but I don't get it, and to me, it's suspicious. And tbh I have nothing better to go on.

Dom has pinged me a couple of times, but I also haven't played with him in so long that I can't tell his civ and baddie games apart. Out of the two I'd still vote for Epig.

I have a presentation in less than 20 minutes but dammit I'm so compelled to catch up right now.
Epi is pussing more than he is scumhunting right now. That's what pings me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

*pushing

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:zeek, what do you think of this post: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 415#p86415 ??

I feel better about it now than I orginally did actually. Being that she suspects you and zeek in that post, I don't know if your reactions are what I want though. Why does it ping you?
Let me correct that. Your reactions are welcome, but I'll take them with a grain of salt.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm off for now, and may be back on before the deadline. I will entertain a vote for Epi if the tide turns, but I'm staying with Elo for now. I dunno how I narrowed it down to the Browns.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I was not all that pleased with it at the time but I'm not that troubled right now, but I'm not sure why that is.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: not caring to address posts about him / directed at him,
What have I not addressed? Hmm?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I guess that makes sense. I supposed I'm just accustomed to Epig's behavior and I don't feel he's really pushing any baddie agenda. :shrug: He already explained that he observed you doing something that he did in another game where he was bad (well, SK), so I presume that's why he's still voting you.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

The first half of the post reads OK to me. I don't agree with her suspicion of DFaraday, but that means nothing, maybe she's seeing something that I'm not.

What gets me is this portion: "I found it interesting that zeek seemed to not understand MPs attempt to get reactions and responses with his move at the beginning of the game, but now he admits to slow playing info because gauging reactions is important in Baddie hunting. I don't know how suspicious it is, because I am sure there was a defensive emotion involved in the first and they are certainly not the same tactic, but it is interesting to me all the same."

Which seems to be a really meaningless statement -- so what it's "interesting", what's the point?

Also this portion: "Also, the lack of suspicion between SVS and MP is worrying, they almost always accuse each other in games. I am concerned by this."

This makes absolutely no sense at all. None. I was baddie with S~V~S in WWE and we gunned after each other HARD, but she only gunned after me because I distanced from her really hard.

Also this portion: "Finally, the blind following of zeek worries me. He can say, why would I paint a target on my back like that? The reality is that we still have no idea what that option did. There is a good chance we may never publicly know. What does he stand to lose? He has campaigned for an option waving the civvie banner, but we have no proof of it. If he knew it would not be publicly revealed then not only has his public move gained him some civ cred (because why would a Baddie do something so bold? :rolleyes: ) but it has also given him a positive result from winning the poll. I don't feel he is bad, I just think we need to be more wary about blindly believing him without any kind of sound basis for believing he is civ."

Last I checked, no one was blindly following zeek, and many people actually voiced opinions of voting elsewhere during N1.

And the whole tone reads really sketchy to me. I know SD really well and it just seems insincere. But I'm not willing to crusade her as bad... it definitely has me worried, but maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Let me correct that. Your reactions are welcome, but I'll take them with a grain of salt.
:ponder:

Linki w/ stuff
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Gosh I am at a loss.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

DFaraday wrote:I still don't get Made's style, but I haven't seen anything that struck me as very pingworthy. I will go back to look at that Epig thing though.

I am really considering Elo and Sabie right now. I think Sabie's deflection onto low posters felt a bit shady, and Elo hasn't tried to justify her votes at all that I've seen.
I thought my reasons for voting were clear in my posts. I was simply going with the flow. I have a hard time keeping up with two games at once.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Well, yeah, makes sense. In fact, a vote for Elo is most "logical" out of probably all the players right now, but oddly enough that's what sorts of makes me hesitant to do it. It just seems like a real easy way for baddies to get someone on their team not lynched, and then just shrug and be like, 'well, she wasn't playing and made a suspicious vote!'

So I'm torn on that one.
I am most logical to vote for if you want to lynch a civ. You are right to be hesitant MP. It would be an easy way for the baddies to get rid of a civ. Honestly, if I were bad, I would most likely be very active. Being bad is fun :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I still don't get Made's style, but I haven't seen anything that struck me as very pingworthy. I will go back to look at that Epig thing though.

I am really considering Elo and Sabie right now. I think Sabie's deflection onto low posters felt a bit shady, and Elo hasn't tried to justify her votes at all that I've seen.
I thought my reasons for voting were clear in my posts. I was simply going with the flow. I have a hard time keeping up with two games at once.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

So I'm torn on that one.
I am most logical to vote for if you want to lynch a civ. You are right to be hesitant MP. It would be an easy way for the baddies to get rid of a civ. Honestly, if I were bad, I would most likely be very active. Being bad is fun :)
Going with the flow? Well that's an easy excuse I will have to remember. Also is you are very active in a future game i will be sure to vote for you. Lynching baddies is fun
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 1

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:Looks like Juliets is the way to go today.
This is it. Just casually following it seems. I am feeling uneasy about you tbh
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

zeek wrote:It's strange he didn't vote for Epig though. I initially took his Epig post as a joke and dismissed it.

Ok, to quickly clarify everything(limited on time). Zeek, when i said the host comment i was waiting for a reply. I initially did vote for epig, but my vote disappeared. I wasn't sure why and i didn't want to be modkilled so i messaged a mod to make sure it was nothing ( which it was)
I'll revoting now, and catching up

Oh, before i forget, i don't like the premise of the question you asked zeek. I'm not down playing to avoid getting lynched and i'm not baddie either. it's not either or question. Honestly i'm kinda surprised I wasn't called on this earlier.
Pov: you reading my takes
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Made wrote:Ok, to quickly clarify everything(limited on time). Zeek, when i said the host comment i was waiting for a reply. I initially did vote for epig, but my vote disappeared. I wasn't sure why and i didn't want to be modkilled so i messaged a mod to make sure it was nothing ( which it was)

Oh, before i forget, i don't like the premise of the question you asked zeek. I'm not down playing to avoid getting lynched and i'm not baddie either. it's not either or question. Honestly i'm kinda surprised I wasn't called on this earlier.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Others are saying this is not typical play for you. So surely it is an either or question. Either you've changed to tact as a townie to avoid being lynched as its what normally happens, or your play is different because you're not a townie in this game. OR you're disagreeing that your play has changed at all.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Lynch me if you want the baddies to be one person close to winning.

@ Snow - I also participate more in speed games. They are easier to follow and get involved in. I know I have mentioned this several times before. Big games just throw me, but if I am bad in a big game, I always try to do my part.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Elo can you respond to my post since you responded to everyone else?

MP - My Hedge suspicion comes from her fence riding during the Juliets fiasco. She thought Epi made a "valid" case yet she could still see Juliets as being good. Fence riding at its best.
;)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

sure, it may take a minute for me to find it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epi is pussing more than he is scumhunting right now. That's what pings me.
:huh:

:eek:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Roxy wrote:Elo can you respond to my post since you responded to everyone else?

MP - My Hedge suspicion comes from her fence riding during the Juliets fiasco. She thought Epi made a "valid" case yet she could still see Juliets as being good. Fence riding at its best.
inre: Hedge: Let me add she did not vote that I could see - which is odd considering she was around.
;)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Roxy wrote:
Elo - every game we have played together I question your votes. I figured out why last game. It is bc you often latch onto anothers suspicion and vote without saying why you are voting just that you agree with whats been said without ever adding your own thoughts. I would love it if you would list the 2 people you are looking at for todays lynch and why. Your vote for Juliets caught my eye.
Sorry, I have no suspicions. I thought I made it clear I wasn't really keeping up with this game. I simply cannot do two games at once. But, I am trying to be a helpful civ by voting for who everyone else (who is keeping up) suspects. I joined this game b/c I was asked to by a few people. I guess it was a bit slow in sign-ups or something.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Made wrote:
Dom wrote:Made, who do you think is suspicious
I've been pinged hard by Epi all game. I find it sus how outspoken he's been. I get it's his meta, but as others have mentioned, he's been playing it hard, and i think it's a bluff. The thing that makes me think it's a bluff even more is because no one has called him on it.
Going off of what i've been called for in the past, even during Monty where people had a chance to see how crazy i could be in misfits, Epi should be the middle of conversation and suspcion but he's not.

Had it been anyone else this post would be the front of discussion
Epignosis wrote:
Made wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am telling you to vote for Enrique. What do I have to gain from this?

If he is lynched and is bad, then I get Night killed.

If he is lynched and is good, then I get lynched.

Which is par for the course for me.

Vote for Enrique.
The Suicidal Civvie Gambit. Having been on the opposite side of this gambit, i must say, you can get a very fun chain of civvies dying if you're not careful. Assuming you and Enrique are civvie, this would lead to a train of more civvies jumping on to kill the person who killed the previous civvie.

Linki- Isn't Enrique already president?
I'm not careful.

Good night.
Had it been anyone else, this post would of been the front of discussion
Epignosis wrote:What the fuck with all these people missing votes? I love hosting and I have created many games, and it kills me when people don't participate. Granted, I don't know Dr. Who at all, just that it's some weird British mashup of Back to the Future and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That's all I know.

Still, if you signed up, have some fucking respect, yes? birdwithteeth is a lazy sack of shit. He acts like he likes prog, but that's horsewithteeth shit. He likes Devin Townsend, who just smashes strings and makes ugly faces. Give this "host" something to do. Okay? Fucker doesn't even cut his hair. And bea drinks. A lot. Maybe more than me. Fail to vote this time, and I hope she smashes an empty vodka bottle over your head. And then draws a dick on your face.

God bless you two.

Voted Enrique. Not changing this time.
Had it been anyone else this post would be the front of discussion
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Just keep telling yourself that that reworded post meant I was bad. Keep telling yourself.
It didn't mean you were bad. It meant you were suspicious.
I still think that juliet got lynched so easily because someone who was mafia was a top option for the lynch till Epi made his argument against JC, but i'm dropping it because the Rubber band theory seems to be hella strong rn .
Hold the phone. If you've thought Epig to be bad ALL GAME, why didn't you vote him D1 or bring a case earlier? :eye:
Made wrote:what showed up on my phone the moment I walked into the stadium (sorry can't post imgur pictures as proper pictures in thread apparently)
For the little it's worth, I was going to vote epi. I have screen shots of the message I typed and intended to send if anyone would like to hear them, RIP Juliet.

also a pot that knows it's being watched doesn't boil. If i recall, you've had your eye on me since the beginning of the game, but didn't (directly) it till till dana brought it up?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Enrique wrote: Surprised Made didn't vote, really, he's been talking a fair bit.
Made is currently at homecoming right now, but I thought he voted before he left? He has been acting a little bit odd. Not as much like his normal self, can you see it Enri? I feel like he's being more careful than he has been in the past two games, but it still might be too soon to tell.
I had this impression too, I'm definitely watching him particularly closely. If juliets did flip bad, I was going to gun after Made, but now that she hasn't, I'm not totally sure about him.
Given it's not too comparable, but you see my train of thought right.
Epig is pretending to play the game i'm pretending i pioneered. Crazy outspoken (shoutouts to dom for giving me the word i was looking for), and letting suspicion just slide off. So my vote and argument are that we (Especially the more involved members of the game) need to not just acknowledge this in passing, but to address it's validity.

TL:DR STOP IGNORING MY INSIGHTFUL TIDBITS YA BUNCH OF BUTTS

linki-
zeek wrote:
Made wrote:Ok, to quickly clarify everything(limited on time). Zeek, when i said the host comment i was waiting for a reply. I initially did vote for epig, but my vote disappeared. I wasn't sure why and i didn't want to be modkilled so i messaged a mod to make sure it was nothing ( which it was)

Others are saying this is not typical play for you. So surely it is an either or question. Either you've changed to tact as a townie to avoid being lynched as its what normally happens, or your play is different because you're not a townie in this game. OR you're disagreeing that your play has changed at all.
This is the first time i've played this way(well kinda... it's a variation of my felt game). It's not because I don't enjoy giant head shaped targets- I do- It's because i want to explore different fassits of the game. (also I was setting myself up for the "omg, made isn't playing like an idiot, he's totally mafia" in felt mafia and nothing happened, so i'm kinda a little taken back tbh.)
Pov: you reading my takes
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm super struggling with this game and tbh I may end up having to ask to be replaced. Going to try to catch up and vote now.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Don't get me wrong. I have been looking at who if in the lead for most votes and at least making sure the suspicions seem logical before I vote.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

zeek wrote:

His play has changed; in Python, he started out like he did in Misfits, all zany and wild; same in Felt, which i modded. THEN his Python meat shield dies (he had a Lovers type role) and his game changed quite a bit. Perhaps that gave him a nice big dose of civvie night terrors. He is reminding me of how he played the latter part of that game. Still enthusiastic and throwing out some unorthodox ideas, but also a bit more subdued.

That said, I don't recall that I have ever seen him as a baddie, so :shrug:

I need to get caught back up to today. The one thing that has been on my mind was Daisys post from this AM~ it almost felt like she was trying to stir the hornets nest that me & MP can become. I need to read back on her a bit and see what else happened today.

Linki @Elo~ honesty is refreshing; most people won't admit to bandwagoning.
Linki @ Made~ no one is ignoring you. You are just not the center of attention this game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:Don't get me wrong. I have been looking at who if in the lead for most votes and at least making sure the suspicions seem logical before I vote.

maybe you should say this when you vote?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Elohcin wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Elo - every game we have played together I question your votes. I figured out why last game. It is bc you often latch onto anothers suspicion and vote without saying why you are voting just that you agree with whats been said without ever adding your own thoughts. I would love it if you would list the 2 people you are looking at for todays lynch and why. Your vote for Juliets caught my eye.
Sorry, I have no suspicions. I thought I made it clear I wasn't really keeping up with this game. I simply cannot do two games at once. But, I am trying to be a helpful civ by voting for who everyone else (who is keeping up) suspects. I joined this game b/c I was asked to by a few people. I guess it was a bit slow in sign-ups or something.
But what if the people keeping up and you are following are bad? I understand about hard to keep up but I am hostying and playing-----I still have thoughts to share.

Linky Elo kk thanks for the response
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I am kinda happy with Elo's response which is a shame.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Made wrote:This is the first time i've played this way(well kinda... it's a variation of my felt game). It's not because I don't enjoy giant head shaped targets- I do- It's because i want to explore different fassits of the game. (also I was setting myself up for the "omg, made isn't playing like an idiot, he's totally mafia" in felt mafia and nothing happened, so i'm kinda a little taken back tbh.)
Well thats more reassuring. I don't feel the arguments about you all that persuasive. In fact, I think there is something visible right now that links with something else I picked up yesterday, that makes me think you have a specific role. I just wanted to understand the reasoning against you.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:I am kinda happy with Elo's response which is a shame.
How do you feel about Hedgeowl Snow?
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
haven't paid her much attention. Anything specific bothering you there?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:
I laid it out a few posts back
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Also this Ringo Starr flu has really got a hold on me. I am going to rest and come back and decide who I am voting for. :offtobed:
;)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:Elo can you respond to my post since you responded to everyone else?

inre: Hedge: Let me add she did not vote that I could see - which is odd considering she was around.
I have so many pages to catch up on, but just saw this as the last post. I was one of two omg so close to voting but just missed it by 30 seconds voters. I will be around later before the polls ends and can answer questions then.

Linki up the wazoo, but ditto to Elo for reals yo.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:
I laid it out a few posts back
The fence sitting?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Dana wrote:
Made wrote:
Dana wrote: Made has been acting pretty oddly, but like Juliets, no one is really speaking out against the suspicion of him, so I'm not sure. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow, I guess.
You lost me Dee. Juliet had quiet a few people talking out against her, i mean she did get lynched?
Exactly. She didn't have people speak out against the people speaking out against her. In other words, there wasn't really anyone outright defending her, and no one is really defending you either, so it makes me think you might not be bad.
Actually, I was defending her. I absolutely did not see how changing her post made her bad. I felt the whole thing made no sense. I understand what you mean, though. But sometimes, your teammates have to back away from you if things are looking bad WHEN you are bad so they don't become implicated if you are lynched. But yeah.
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Roxy, if you read the exchange in context, you will see that I did answer juliets, and there was no "Cheshire cat" responses. See for yourself. Mafia piggyback on suspicions, and juliets played me once before doing exactly that.
In which game did she play you like that?
The Hobbit. :(
She is one of those people that plays a very similar game good or bad. I am rather paranoid of her myself, but the difference in this game was that the suspicion of her was ludicrous, and for a reason that made no sense regardless of who she was. I t would have been just as off were it you, or Made, or Elo or anyone that the argument was made against.

On the one hand, I know you can be a suck civvie (again, <3) BUT I also know you well enough to know that you could very well use that reputation to set yourself up some cred. Generally , when you are wrong, it does not really phase you. But for other reasons, I think I want to trust you.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dana wrote:
Made wrote:
Dana wrote: Made has been acting pretty oddly, but like Juliets, no one is really speaking out against the suspicion of him, so I'm not sure. I'll have to see what happens tomorrow, I guess.
You lost me Dee. Juliet had quiet a few people talking out against her, i mean she did get lynched?
Exactly. She didn't have people speak out against the people speaking out against her. In other words, there wasn't really anyone outright defending her, and no one is really defending you either, so it makes me think you might not be bad.
Aren't you defending him?
This ^^
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
zeek wrote:It's one thing wanted to focus on the lynch, it is another to be smeared for attempting to decode secrets that had only just been revealed. Moreover, being suspected for apparently focusing on a role.

To clarify this entirely, the Master is most likely the most dangerous role in the game and it was the easiest to discern the opening sentence. I got the first half, and when Long Con filled in so many bits it felt like we were on a roll. I don't even understand why Dom thinks I stood out in that endeavour, I sucked. It felt very forced to try and turn that into a suspicion.

I am perfectly happy to drop the decoding for now. There's nothing else I could really do seen as I'm five hours (at least) ahead of most of you guys.
It's 11 AM here. :)

I would be more than happy to join the decoding though. I love puzzles, and I know it will be beneficial. I think I said it before, but I will do some work on it on my own and post my guesses in a while. But there is 7 hours left in the day, and only 5 votes out of 28 have been cast.

I don't feel comfortable lynching Dom, yet. His attitude about the decoding is justifiable, and I agree with it. Thought I on the flipside, I consider myself to be rather adept at puzzles like these. His vote change overnight was peculiar, and I still haven't decided whether I think it's bad or not. His emotional responses (I'm being objective here, Dom) are typical to see of him. They don't look great, but I'm trying to keep his meta in mind when I read them.

SVS said something that pinged me just a bit that almost looked like a slip. I want to know what you think. The very last line of this post. I wonder if I'm reading too deeply.
You're reading it too deeply, and the post right after, when you questioned it, I explained it fully later in, did you miss tha?. i explained all the baddie connotations for all the planets. Did you read that? You should, here it is again.
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I feel like he probably (read: blatantly) had info on the night poll. I don't think if he was bad he'd be so pushy about it though, which leads me to believe he's civ. What I do take issue with though is the 'avoidance of responsibility' line. This is only a game, people here don't owe each other anything.

Linki: Not that I know of, but it does look like there may have been info flying around last night.
I didn't mention it, but the fact that nothing has happened makes this all the more suspish. We went to the planet he wanted, seemingly, (he even says so here) but nothing is happening, nor have the hosts made any indication that we have visited a planet. It did seem that he had info, but it looks like a bluff to me. Either it was a lie (intentional or not) or this is something that might benefit him, but no one else, and not in a good way.
:ponder:

I hadn't considered that. You do raise a good point. There's no indication that anything bad or good happened as a result of the night poll, yet if you listen to Zeek you'd think the world was going to burn if we didn't choose his option.
I firmly believe this was a benefit poll. What this reminded me of more than anything was Dom & Rose' opening poll in Pixar at LP. I think it is possible that night polls will all have a point in this game; it is something Bea & I have done before when hosting.

Sometimes the results of benefit polls are made public, sometimes they are not. Just because something is not in the post does not mean it did not happen. I for one do not think zeek was bluffing, and I do not think the push was unilateral; I think several people pushed to varying degrees. I will not be voting for zeek.

Linki~ zeek said he agreed with my analysis, so i think you have your answer, Metalmarsh. The Chosen Planet was the home of Adric, a companion. None of the other planets had this distinction. Adric, in his death during the tenure of the 5th Doctor, set in motion the events that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs on earth, and thus to human life. THAT is why I voted for it. All the other places had only baddie connections.
All the other places had only baddie connections? Do you know something about player roles that we do not know? That's a funny way to state it. :ponder:

I believe your reasoning, but I still want to hear from him. I did not vote Azulius, so maybe I don't gain anything from it while others do (but no one else has indicated such). But still, this does not completely explain his complete change of heart about demanding players' votes.
Yes, baddie connections. I don't need knowledge of the roles, I just need Google.

Alfava Metraxis, destroyed by Weeping Angels, known baddies, regardless of whether or not they are in the game.

Arkheon, planet busted by Daleks, baddies, most of the inhabitants dies. The survivors eventually mutated into mindless, savage beasts.

Azure, invaded by Daleks, still baddies, in the lead up to their Earth invasion.

And I don't see Metalmarsh getting better anytime in the future, Newtwise :noble:
I am about to get link maxed, I will start another post.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote:
Enrique wrote: not caring to address posts about him / directed at him,
What have I not addressed? Hmm?
Roxy, Made, LC and I have all called you out in one way or another, but you're just... not responding. You've been extremely uninvolved this whole day phase, and like LC said, it's almost like you're hiding in plain sight. You've taken certain stances, and people know them, but you're not doing anything to push them or get involved in the play.

Elo and Snow Dog are confusing me this game. Both are lacking a loot of conviction; Snow Dog switching his votes around with very little explanation and Elo just admitting to going with the flow and immediately jumping into WIFOM territory. I don't think I would oppose either lynch tbh.

Bea, BWT, you guys are doing an amazing job at hosting this game. Has seriously got me wanting to watch Doctor Who, which I never thought would happen :p And Bea, sorry about your death in Monty Python! I'm seriously impressed with the baddies in that game.

MP am I making this up or did you just do a complete 180 on Roxy? I'll re-read your posts in a bit but I could've sworn you went after her earlier.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”