Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by juliets »

Oh my god, I go to bed and the place lights up like it was daytime. I guess it's because we are from so many time zones.

I haven't examined the MP case thoroughly but one thing that occurred to me as I was reading through is that MP tends to post in a stream of consciousness pattern where he tells us every little thing on his mind, and lets us know when he is agonizing about suspecting someone (Daisy for example). It may come across to us as him suspecting people and abandoning them quickly when really it may be much the same thing as we do silently "Hmm that looks suspicious" "Nah, I forgot they had done x, they are not so suspicious" and other things like that. Or maybe it's just me that does all that silent changing-of-mind stuff.

This is not an attempt to full out defend MP, it's just something that occurred to me as I was catching up this morning.

I'd also like to here from Daisy again, and what her thoughts are regarding all the new things that have happened with MP as well as her response to the continued suspicion of her.

linki, posting without reading yet
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, I know I'm being quiet, but I'm reading along, trying to figure out what's what. I'm a little suspicious of MP for being The Master, but I think I'm more sympathetic at the suspicion he's gotten for surviving a night kill. I'll add it into the mix that there's a Civvie role I know he's not due to the events of last night. :srsnod: Just to balance out the baddie roles we know he's not. Barring some ballsy self-kill he knew he could survive. Is there any protections revealed in any of the Cyberbullies?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

To clear something up re: the Epig voters, and I'm not sure I've even seen this mentioned at all in the thread. As I remember, sabie came in near the end of the poll. Somebody asked who she was voting for and she was like "idk i suspect made and epig." This was just a few minutes before the poll ended. I pretty clearly remember her voting for Epig, which would explain why Chris there were more voters after him, but the final poll results show her voting for Made. I don't think she ever posted about either vote, but I could be wrong.

Naptime. :offtobed:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

sabie12 wrote:Thank you Gotrees for the explanation otherwise I'd have no idea what any of these places are. Went with Karn based on those explanations. At the very least it sounds better than the other options. Who wants gross farting aliens blech.
RIP Epi I didn't end up voting for you, but I guess it didn't help.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

fingersplints wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am probably going to vote for Daisy again, unless something *WOW* comes up. She had like 10 posts, mostly wishy washy buddying to MP, then when she starts taking votes she comes back, makes some 20 posts defending hard, then leaves again. Plus the feels I had previously I still have, and the Epi lynch sure as hell looked like a save to me.
It looks to me like a save as well. I'm not feeling great about Chris atm. His "don't make it look like I was the last to vote Epi" when he was in fact the last is strange. I'm interested to hear what others think about Chris. He is the type of player who generally sounds bad to me.
I really feel like they were both civ, and we should take a closer look at the people who have been more along the sidelines. I'm not sure exactly who that would be, but I don't think the Epig lynch was a save. It seemed more like two civ options, and for me at least, I went with the person I felt slightly more sure was bad.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote:
sabie12 wrote:Thank you Gotrees for the explanation otherwise I'd have no idea what any of these places are. Went with Karn based on those explanations. At the very least it sounds better than the other options. Who wants gross farting aliens blech.
RIP Epi I didn't end up voting for you, but I guess it didn't help.
The implication is that she changed her vote. I'm not making stuff up :p
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Posted too fast, Enrique, she did not clearly vote for him since that is the post after the one where she talks about being suspicious of Epi or Made. Like I said in an earlier post, Grotrees voted Epi after the poll ended, so Chris was not in fact the last.

linki - Dana - It seemed like two civvie options, yet you still voted one? I'm a little confused with your wording here.

linki - again. Enrique, I don't see her changing her vote. Unless I am missing a post, and in that case please find it for me.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote: MP, what the hell?? You are being pretty flippant with me. You are acting as if everyone is gunning after you and only you, but that's simply false. I have brought up many people, and last night, I was right up there with keys questioning you. Why is questioning you bad? Why is it "astonishing" that I would imagine to question you? You are being so dismissive, it's just sad. You say that, "None of these people were even accusing me of any logical suspicion". However, would you say that about my qualms with you? Dropping suspicions left and right is pretty weird, and if you think I have zero "logical suspicion" against you, how is that any different than someone just responding to a suspicion with "lol ok"? You are also now acting as if you are a confirmed civvie. You balk at how others dare question you, and have brought up the fact that being targeted by a NK (by one of three belligerents) essentially clears you. And DO NOT pretend that this was not what you were saying. It was. You brought it up several times as if that would drop all suspicion against you. I do think this sounds fishy, MP. You immediately tried to get everyone to go "yeah MP is civvie!" before much suspicion was even cast by bringing this up (at first jokingly), but you proved you were serious when you brought it up again.

So, yes, I suspect you. Why is that SUCH a problem. I suspect a few people. Here's another:

Elohcin, I would love to hear from you. What are you thinking at this point in the game? Who are you suspicious of? Surely you must have suspicions by now. Do you know how you survived your attempted murder?

MP this is so skewed! "Everyone else seemed to chime in"? If I recall correctly, it was mostly me and keys. I don't remember anyone else saying much of anything of importance other than metal marsh essentially repeating what I had said. ?
Dom, I'm sorry you're taking me that way, I didn't mean to come across flippant. I just felt ganged up against last night when it seemed all the people currently in the thread were eyeing me all at once; it was you, keys, MM, Gotrees IIRC. Now I realize there was a spectrum of suspicion, but I just was really surprised that I went from having no votes cast against me yesterday to everyone currently in the thread eyeing me to some degree or to an incredible degree (keys) even though I just had survived an NK. It's not astonishing that you'd find me suspicious, it was just astonishing that it seemed everyone was getting on my case when the fact was I just was exonerated from one baddie team, that's all.

I haven't responded to suspicions against you with "lol ok". That's not true at all. I already explained that I haven't been jumping off of people, I've been incredibly transparent with my thought process and I believe precise and fair with my measures. What's so wrong about reconsidering a suspicion amid evidence to the contrary?

If you suspect me, fine. I believe I've already addressed it. If you feel I haven't addressed something, just let me know.

sabie12 wrote:Well it looks like there are a couple of roles that can survive attempts on their lives including the indy role. I guess we will have to keep an eye on the two that survived. :eye: As far as suspicions go I will have to go through posts and see what I'm thinking before I officially vote and post on it. We definitely want to catch a baddie this time I'd rather not find out what those other consequences are if we don't :(
I'm going to elaborate hopefully once I hear back from the hosts, but I don't understand why people are making assumptions about BOTH me and Elo as having survived due to our roles.

Elo could have survived due to the civvie ninja being blocked, yes?

I look forward to your thoughts.

juliets wrote:Oh my god, I go to bed and the place lights up like it was daytime. I guess it's because we are from so many time zones.

I haven't examined the MP case thoroughly but one thing that occurred to me as I was reading through is that MP tends to post in a stream of consciousness pattern where he tells us every little thing on his mind, and lets us know when he is agonizing about suspecting someone (Daisy for example). It may come across to us as him suspecting people and abandoning them quickly when really it may be much the same thing as we do silently "Hmm that looks suspicious" "Nah, I forgot they had done x, they are not so suspicious" and other things like that. Or maybe it's just me that does all that silent changing-of-mind stuff.

This is not an attempt to full out defend MP, it's just something that occurred to me as I was catching up this morning.

I'd also like to here from Daisy again, and what her thoughts are regarding all the new things that have happened with MP as well as her response to the continued suspicion of her.

linki, posting without reading yet
Thank you! At least someone other than Enrique understands what I've been doing. I've been doing this all game. I put literally EVERY thing I'm thinking out in the thread, with the exception of the true intentions behind my zeek gambit on D0 until I revealed them, but that was for a specific purpose.

And I'm sorry for full on suspecting juliets 1.0 but your observation here explains exactly why I thought you were hiding something -- you did a silent changing-of-mind between your two posts on how you wanted to express your thoughts about Enrique and it immediately pinged me because I am of the firm belief that civvies have nothing to lose by putting it all out there. That's how baddies are caught. Civvies who are too afraid to do anything are often why we lose games.

It's OK for others to do the silent-changing-of-mind stuff, whatever works for you, but it's not something I do. It's why I end up talking so much. But you could argue that maybe it's not that I'm talking "so much" but that everyone else is talking "so little".

Long Con wrote:Hey, I know I'm being quiet, but I'm reading along, trying to figure out what's what. I'm a little suspicious of MP for being The Master, but I think I'm more sympathetic at the suspicion he's gotten for surviving a night kill. I'll add it into the mix that there's a Civvie role I know he's not due to the events of last night. :srsnod: Just to balance out the baddie roles we know he's not. Barring some ballsy self-kill he knew he could survive. Is there any protections revealed in any of the Cyberbullies?
I look forward to your thoughts.

Why did you actually vote Epig? Your reasoning seemed really weak; can you elaborate at all?

Do you now? I said I knew how I survived, I never said how.

And re: Cybers, I don't think so but I'm not sure. Someone more active in decoding will have to help there.

Enrique wrote:To clear something up re: the Epig voters, and I'm not sure I've even seen this mentioned at all in the thread. As I remember, sabie came in near the end of the poll. Somebody asked who she was voting for and she was like "idk i suspect made and epig." This was just a few minutes before the poll ended. I pretty clearly remember her voting for Epig, which would explain why Chris there were more voters after him, but the final poll results show her voting for Made. I don't think she ever posted about either vote, but I could be wrong.

Naptime. :offtobed:
This is a really interesting point.

I also recall Sabie receiving ZERO votes yesterday even though her D1 vote for juliets is just about as suspect as Elo's. :ponder:

Linki and stuff
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am probably going to vote for Daisy again, unless something *WOW* comes up. She had like 10 posts, mostly wishy washy buddying to MP, then when she starts taking votes she comes back, makes some 20 posts defending hard, then leaves again. Plus the feels I had previously I still have, and the Epi lynch sure as hell looked like a save to me.
It looks to me like a save as well. I'm not feeling great about Chris atm. His "don't make it look like I was the last to vote Epi" when he was in fact the last is strange. I'm interested to hear what others think about Chris. He is the type of player who generally sounds bad to me.
I really feel like they were both civ, and we should take a closer look at the people who have been more along the sidelines. I'm not sure exactly who that would be, but I don't think the Epig lynch was a save. It seemed more like two civ options, and for me at least, I went with the person I felt slightly more sure was bad.
This is an interesting point. Do you think anyone who took two or more votes yesterday (Elo, Enri, Daisy, Epig) is possibly bad or are they avoiding suspicion?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

By "they" avoiding suspicion, I mean baddies, not the four people I mentioned.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

fingersplints wrote:Dana - It seemed like two civvie options, yet you still voted one? I'm a little confused with your wording here.
Correct. It seems now, after Epig's role has been revealed, that they were both civvie. I voted one because I was more sure SD was good than I was was about Epi, so I don't think we should vote SD today because the night post implied that we'd be in big trouble if we lynch another civ.
Long Con wrote: I'll add it into the mix that there's a Civvie role I know he's not due to the events of last night. :srsnod:
Was this from decoding a secret or just plain logic that I can't figure out?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm going to elaborate hopefully once I hear back from the hosts, but I don't understand why people are making assumptions about BOTH me and Elo as having survived due to our roles.

Elo could have survived due to the civvie ninja being blocked, yes?
You said you know how you survived, does that mean you survived due to your role?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Is there any protections revealed in any of the Cyberbullies?
And re: Cybers, I don't think so but I'm not sure. Someone more active in decoding will have to help there.
Not at the moment, but I think we're getting close.

Linki-
MP wrote:Do you think anyone who took two or more votes yesterday (Elo, Enri, Daisy, Epig) is possibly bad or are they avoiding suspicion?
Epig wasn't bad, and I really don't think Daisy is. Enri doesn't seem to be acting too suspicious, and I'm unsure about Elo. I voted her Day 1 because of her vote for Juliets, but her explanation for that did seem to make sense, and it made me feel a bit better that she came in to give an explanation at all.
At the moment, I do think the baddies are avoiding suspicion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I just heard back from bea, so I can elaborate now. I didn't before for reasons twofold: (1) because I don't think anyone else can corroborate this since I'm pretty sure I recruited far more players than anyone else so I was awarded the 'best' prize, and (2) because I wasn't even sure if I was allowed to.

I did not survive due to my role. I was awarded an automatic kill (NK or lynch) protection for recruiting SO many people by bea and BWT regardless of my role, and even though I'm generally talkative and aggressive, it's why I may have been especially so thus far. I doubt the hosts will confirm or deny, so people will just have to take my word for it as to whether they believe me, but it's the truth.

Dana, I appreciate the response. Are there any individuals that fit that bill ('avoiding suspicion') that you think we should look at? (not even necessarily as supicious, but just talk about?). What do you think of Sabie?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Baddie/Indy secrets so far:
Emperor Dalek wrote: You cannot be lynched --t-- ----- -t--- ------ if your team is dead.
Dalek Sec wrote: If someone targets a member of your team wiTh a night action, you can conduct a -a--ing? experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action will --t---- and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (nothing is ----- --t--) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action stops ---- --t----, but there are no other effects.
Dalek/Cyberman #1 wrote: ----- a player nightly.
Dalek/Cyberman #2 wrote: -------- a dead player nightly.
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled --t-- ----- -t--- ------ if your team is dead.
Cyberman Head wrote: If you manage to find your body (a randomly determined event) at some point in the game, you gain an extra amount of votes for the next lynch determined by how many members of your team are still alive.
The Master wrote: The first three attempts on his life will be blocked. Every night, he attempts to find Lucy Saxon, his wife/----a-----[companion?]. If he finds her, they gain BTSC. Due to his strong ability as a scientist, once in the game he can block[?] every night action that night to be randomly redirected at someone other than the original target. This is up to and including kill attempts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for that, Dana! I didn't intend on helping with decoding much because I suck at it, but when I'm not multitasking later I'll see what else I can help with, if anything, lol, if you guys haven't figured it out by then.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I did not survive due to my role. I was awarded an automatic kill (NK or lynch) protection for recruiting SO many people by bea and BWT regardless of my role, and even though I'm generally talkative and aggressive, it's why I may have been especially so thus far. I doubt the hosts will confirm or deny, so people will just have to take my word for it as to whether they believe me, but it's the truth.
I definitely believe this. You were all for those prizes in the signups.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dana, I appreciate the response. Are there any individuals that fit that bill ('avoiding suspicion') that you think we should look at? (not even necessarily as supicious, but just talk about?). What do you think of Sabie?
I haven't seen too much to make me think Sabie is bad. I have to go to class now, but I'll be back later to elaborate. As for who to look at, I'm not too certain. Maybe people who have been around a bit but haven't been extremely involved in conversation. Bass, BR, DF, and Hedge are a few names that stick out in the "I have no idea what their opinions are" way just from scanning down the poll really quickly.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dana wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also I'd love some assistance on the Dalek Sex info I posted. I'm feeling good about this one.
Coming right up!
Wow, did I really say that? :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dana wrote:Oh whoops I forgot night ended. By currently on the poll I meant last night because we aren't planets.
We are planets to each other, drifting in our orbits to a brief eclipse.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM: Seriously? I've been talking my head off and I even mentioned once earlier to JC that I felt a bit uncomfortable talking during the night when I typically do not, so yeah... Given the fact that I took no votes yesterday, I had a feeling I was going to get targeted with an NK.
I stand by what I said. Survived night kills are fishy. You're clearly not a cybertron, which makes you less suspish. I also have been getting civvie vibes from you in general. But you still survived a night kill.

Linki: You're not on my lynch list.

Linki 2: Stop posting MP and let me post.
Three civ roles appear to have the ability to potentially survive an NK on their own; Mickey, Sarah Jane and Captain Jack. So what makes it so suspish? Plus the person who attempted to kill Elo was a civvie. I am curious why her survival does not seem as bad to you.
I mentioned it here, but I've thought it about it more and I guess it might be a teammate protecting her if she is bad. I'm still trying to figure out the secrets though and haven't seen anything that denotes a protector's role.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Do you think dalek #2 can be "eyestalk" a dead player nightly? I'm reading up on them, and that thing on their head is called the eyestalk so maybe its just a clever Dr.Who way to say check. It's also their most vulnerable part apparently. I'm trying to look for more daleky things that could be used as verbs for them.
I'm also reading something about the Dalek-sec trying to fuse himself to a human. Not sure how/if that ties in with the experiment mentioned in the role, but it's been interesting.

For the master - I don't think the word is companion. He seems to assume this guys body, and then his "wife" finds out and is mad. At least that is my understanding.

I'm not very good at decoding. I feel like the things left are doctor who specific too :/ So I'm probably extra bad at it now
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

fingersplints wrote:Do you think dalek #2 can be "eyestalk" a dead player nightly? I'm reading up on them, and that thing on their head is called the eyestalk so maybe its just a clever Dr.Who way to say check. It's also their most vulnerable part apparently. I'm trying to look for more daleky things that could be used as verbs for them.
I'm also reading something about the Dalek-sec trying to fuse himself to a human. Not sure how/if that ties in with the experiment mentioned in the role, but it's been interesting.

For the master - I don't think the word is companion. He seems to assume this guys body, and then his "wife" finds out and is mad. At least that is my understanding.

I'm not very good at decoding. I feel like the things left are doctor who specific too :/ So I'm probably extra bad at it now
Great thinking on the Dalek #2, but eyestalk has an a and a t and those letters are already filled in completely.

For the master - wife/----a-----. I can't think of another term for this. I'll do some more research if we figure the rest out, but I believe it's companion.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Emperor Dalek wrote: You cannot be lynched until every other member of your team is dead.
Dalek Sec wrote: If someone targets a member of your team wiTh a night action, you can conduct a -a--ing? experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action will --t---- and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (nothing is ----- --t--) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action stops ---- --t----, but there are no other effects.
Dalek/Cyberman #1 wrote: ----- a player nightly.
Dalek/Cyberman #2 wrote: -------- a dead player nightly.
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled --t-- ----- -t--- ------ if your team is dead.
Cyberman Head wrote: If you manage to find your body (a randomly determined event) at some point in the game, you gain an extra amount of votes for the next lynch determined by how many members of your team are still alive.
The Master wrote: The first three attempts on his life will be blocked. Every night, he attempts to find Lucy Saxon, his wife/----a-----[companion?]. If he finds her, they gain BTSC. Due to his strong ability as a scientist, once in the game he can block[?] every night action that night to be randomly redirected at someone other than the original target. This is up to and including kill attempts.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

^^^Same for Cyber controller.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MP: who do you think tried to kill you, and why? You've been quite a polarizing player so far, some people strongly feel you're bad while others strongly feel you're a civ. I don't think the mafia would have tried to kill you if they thought they could get you lynched. And they've had plenty of time to discuss you behind the scenes while us civs just have only our thoughts that we've placed in the thread.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you suspect any of the people who have defended you in thread to be the same people who tried to kill you? Or are you sticking with the idea that baddies are leading the charge against you?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I've seperated the Cybertrons and Daleks into two separate identities since their role secrets are slightly different.
Emperor Dalek wrote: You cannot be lynched until every other member of your team is dead.
Dalek #1 wrote: ----- a player nightly.
Dalek #2 wrote: -------- a dead player nightly.
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled until every other member of your team is dead.
Cyberman #1 wrote: ----- a player nightly.
Cyberman #2 wrote: --------- a living player nightly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi there Elo, what happened last night? Can you share?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Do you think dalek #2 can be "eyestalk" a dead player nightly? I'm reading up on them, and that thing on their head is called the eyestalk so maybe its just a clever Dr.Who way to say check. It's also their most vulnerable part apparently. I'm trying to look for more daleky things that could be used as verbs for them.

Great thinking on the Dalek #2, but eyestalk has an a and a t and those letters are already filled in completely.

For the master - wife/----a-----. I can't think of another term for this. I'll do some more research if we figure the rest out, but I believe it's companion.
lol I said I wasn't good at it. I found a word that fit and got excited. I'll try and do some more reading later but can't guarantee I will be of any help. The cybermen might be a little more reading since it says their physical appearance changes a lot, but they seem to be big on weaponry so I might start there.
Gro-oo-ovy
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM: Seriously? I've been talking my head off and I even mentioned once earlier to JC that I felt a bit uncomfortable talking during the night when I typically do not, so yeah... Given the fact that I took no votes yesterday, I had a feeling I was going to get targeted with an NK.
I stand by what I said. Survived night kills are fishy. You're clearly not a cybertron, which makes you less suspish. I also have been getting civvie vibes from you in general. But you still survived a night kill.

Linki: You're not on my lynch list.

Linki 2: Stop posting MP and let me post.
Three civ roles appear to have the ability to potentially survive an NK on their own; Mickey, Sarah Jane and Captain Jack. So what makes it so suspish? Plus the person who attempted to kill Elo was a civvie. I am curious why her survival does not seem as bad to you.
Look harder....there are other civ roles with surviving skills.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Dom wrote:

Elohcin, I would love to hear from you. What are you thinking at this point in the game? Who are you suspicious of? Surely you must have suspicions by now. Do you know how you survived your attempted murder?
I am still overwhelmed with all the players at this point, however my biggest suspicion is Dana. Her actions say that she couldn't care less if the lynched player is civ.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hi there Elo, what happened last night? Can you share?
I do believe I know what happened/how I survived but I am not all too sure I am allowed to share. I am really bad for dumping too much info when I have it. I will just say, read the civ roles again....or is that too much info? :|
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:

I am still overwhelmed with all the players at this point, however my biggest suspicion is Dana. Her actions say that she couldn't care less if the lynched player is civ.
Elo, can you be more specific? What action(s) has Dana taken that says she couldn't care less if the lynched player is a civ?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

juliets wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:

Elo, can you be more specific? What action(s) has Dana taken that says she couldn't care less if the lynched player is a civ?
It is why I voted for her Day 2. She was so defensive of Enri and trying to keep voters away from him and when I asked her (paraphrasing) "why? Do have reason to believe he is civ?" she said nah, she didn't know his affiliation at all but that she knew him IRL and sticks with people she is "familiar" with.

Then today, her actions have been no different in that she is talking about how she felt both options in the last lynch were civ options and yet she still voted for one of them. She saw no reason to vote for who she thought was bad.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote:Posted too fast, Enrique, she did not clearly vote for him since that is the post after the one where she talks about being suspicious of Epi or Made. Like I said in an earlier post, Grotrees voted Epi after the poll ended, so Chris was not in fact the last.

linki - Dana - It seemed like two civvie options, yet you still voted one? I'm a little confused with your wording here.

linki - again. Enrique, I don't see her changing her vote. Unless I am missing a post, and in that case please find it for me.
That's what I'm saying. There was no post about either vote. But I was there, and she voted for Epig first before changing it.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:Oh my god, I go to bed and the place lights up like it was daytime. I guess it's because we are from so many time zones.

You think that this was the case for SpaceDaisy?
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote: Elohcin, I would love to hear from you. What are you thinking at this point in the game? Who are you suspicious of? Surely you must have suspicions by now. Do you know how you survived your attempted murder?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hi there Elo, what happened last night? Can you share?
I do believe I know what happened/how I survived but I am not all too sure I am allowed to share. I am really bad for dumping too much info when I have it. I will just say, read the civ roles again....or is that too much info? :|
What're you thinking about MP? Made?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I see a lot of people bringing up Made's name, I've never played with the guy before, what are some people's concerns about him?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

To be honest, I am getting MP in Clue mixed up with MP in Dr. Who in my head. I would need to reread him. Made.....I don't really read him well. I think this is my second game with him. What are the concerns about made? I believe Dana will get my vote again unless something changes.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote:

Well, he seemed to be back and forth changing his mind on daisy or gnashing his teeth about whether she was bad, so my observation that he was doing out loud what many of us do silently would apply to the Daisy case as well. At this moment I do not know what he has decided about Daisy or whether he has decided anything yet (unless I missed it in his posts). I want to emphasize it was just a thought I had and wanted to throw out there with the rest of the thoughts from others. I don't have a stance on MP yet, there is a lot floating around and I haven't sorted it all.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I knew I wasn't the last one. I realized later today that the votes are changeable, and someone probably just changed their vote.

But way to throw some suspicion my way Splintsy. After how nice I treated you and keys this past weekend. :(

Oh well... A little suspicion never hurt anyone.

And MP, I'll say it every single time you try to use it as a defense... Being targeted by a baddie team does not AUTOMATICALLY exonerate you from anything. It could have been a self targeting (although less likely with the host answer), it could have been target manipulation, it could have been a secret event.

For now, you are my biggest suspect. And since we can change the votes, I'm going to vote for you for now.

*votes MP*
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dana wrote:Oh whoops I forgot night ended. By currently on the poll I meant last night because we aren't planets.
We are planets to each other, drifting in our orbits to a brief eclipse.
That was very deep.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Yaaaay!
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Cyberman #2 wrote: --------- a living player nightly.
Why did you change this to living?
Oh, just checked the front page. Was this just recently changed?! I totally remember them being the same.
"Rolecheck" fits in the blank if it's just one word, but I think it would probably be two. Maybe.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Turnip Head wrote:I see a lot of people bringing up Made's name, I've never played with the guy before, what are some people's concerns about him?
Tldr, I'm not playing super extroverted and agro like I *normally* do.

Honestly it's kinda nice being meek, I'm emotionally detached and at least feel like I'm notice more. The only thing is I feel like I'm only noticing things that are making others appear civvie.

(Also, th, pretty sure it's just Dom saying my name again and again :p)

Addendum: wait, the above reasoning explains Dana and MP. But Dom, why do you feel I'm sus?
Pov: you reading my takes
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

I'm surprised MP keeps bringing up the failed night kill, if there are two baddie teams it obvious proves nothing. And yet, he keeps citing it. So absurd that anyone would suspect him after the failed NK.

Another thing, ATTENTION HOSTS

Could a player with a protection prize be targeted by his own team and have it foiled that way?

If the answer to that is yes, then the possibility remains that it was a self-target to throw people off. Great way to use an NK protection.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Enrique wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Posted too fast, Enrique, she did not clearly vote for him since that is the post after the one where she talks about being suspicious of Epi or Made. Like I said in an earlier post, Grotrees voted Epi after the poll ended, so Chris was not in fact the last.

That's what I'm saying. There was no post about either vote. But I was there, and she voted for Epig first before changing it.
I get you. I thought you meant she changed it to Epi after the Made vote not before.
Gro-oo-ovy
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Elohcin wrote:
juliets wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:

It is why I voted for her Day 2. She was so defensive of Enri and trying to keep voters away from him and when I asked her (paraphrasing) "why? Do have reason to believe he is civ?" she said nah, she didn't know his affiliation at all but that she knew him IRL and sticks with people she is "familiar" with.

Then today, her actions have been no different in that she is talking about how she felt both options in the last lynch were civ options and yet she still voted for one of them. She saw no reason to vote for who she thought was bad.
Of course I care if the player lynched is a civ, that's why I'm trying to figure out who is bad and who is not. I said I didn't know Enrique's affiliation because I don't. I don't know anyone's but my own for certain. I do think he is a civ because I know him well (though not IRL) and he doesn't seem to be acting odd. Am I not able to use information from people's personality outside of the context of mafia to tell if there's a suspicious change in their behavior? I never said that I "stick with people" I'm familiar with, I said I may defend them slightly more than others because I'm still new to the game and I don't know anyone else well enough to be able to say if they're not acting normal or not. I do know Enrique well enough (I think) to say that he IS acting normal.

I didn't feel both options in the last lynch were civ at the time the lynch was happening. I explained already that I feel that way now that Epig's role has been revealed. Meaning I thought SD was civ and I still do even after what happened. I did vote for who I thought was bad, and I was wrong.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have to amend my response to Dom - Dom, I notice looking at the board that MP did vote for SD so I assume he has decided for now that he thinks she is bad (I must have just missed that in his posts). I still think all the back and forth about her was him talking out loud about the why's and wherefore's of her being bad or good, potentially more indicative of his communication style than his alignment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Hello hosts! I would like to submit these for review:
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled until every other member of your team is dead.
Dalek #2 wrote: Rolecheck a dead player nightly.
Cyberman #2 wrote: Rolecheck a living player nightly.
The Master wrote: The first three attempts on his life will be blocked. Every night, he attempts to find Lucy Saxon, his wife/companion. If he finds her, they gain BTSC. Due to his strong ability as a scientist, once in the game he can block every night action that night to be randomly redirected at someone other than the original target. This is up to and including kill attempts.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Oh wait it only fits for Cyberman #2, not Dalek #2.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

keys56000000000 wrote:I'm surprised MP keeps bringing up the failed night kill, if there are two baddie teams it obvious proves nothing. And yet, he keeps citing it. So absurd that anyone would suspect him after the failed NK.

Could a player with a protection prize be targeted by his own team and have it foiled that way?

If the answer to that is yes, then the possibility remains that it was a self-target to throw people off. Great way to use an NK protection.
Not to get all WIFOMy again, but that's a terrible plan. MP wasn't even under heavy heat yesterday, why would he waste his kill like that when he could, you know, kill a civ/Dalek and get closer to a win?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I did not survive due to my role. I was awarded an automatic kill (NK or lynch) protection for recruiting SO many people by bea and BWT regardless of my role, and even though I'm generally talkative and aggressive, it's why I may have been especially so thus far. I doubt the hosts will confirm or deny, so people will just have to take my word for it as to whether they believe me, but it's the truth.
I definitely believe this. You were all for those prizes in the signups.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dana, I appreciate the response. Are there any individuals that fit that bill ('avoiding suspicion') that you think we should look at? (not even necessarily as supicious, but just talk about?). What do you think of Sabie?
I haven't seen too much to make me think Sabie is bad. I have to go to class now, but I'll be back later to elaborate. As for who to look at, I'm not too certain. Maybe people who have been around a bit but haven't been extremely involved in conversation. Bass, BR, DF, and Hedge are a few names that stick out in the "I have no idea what their opinions are" way just from scanning down the poll really quickly.
Thanks, appreciated. Those are four individuals I remember pretty little from myself, though I can say this is relatively normal for DF. He's usually pretty quiet but when he talks has some insight to bring. When he's baddie, his occasional posts tend to say less, IMO, while he's a civvie he provides more insight. I could be off on that, but that's what I evaluate after playing with him these last few years.

Turnip Head wrote:MP: who do you think tried to kill you, and why? You've been quite a polarizing player so far, some people strongly feel you're bad while others strongly feel you're a civ. I don't think the mafia would have tried to kill you if they thought they could get you lynched. And they've had plenty of time to discuss you behind the scenes while us civs just have only our thoughts that we've placed in the thread.

I guess what I'm asking is, do you suspect any of the people who have defended you in thread to be the same people who tried to kill you? Or are you sticking with the idea that baddies are leading the charge against you?
TH 2.0, that's a really good question. I'm still trying to figure it out. I don't know any players in particular that would have tried to kill me off hand... arguments could be made either way. I agree that I don't think the mafia would have tried to kill me if I seemed an easy lynch target, but considering I have had a fair share of vocal defenders (one of which was Epig), I've been polarizing, and I didn't receive any votes yesterday, I did have a worry in the back of my mind that I might get an NK. Typically I get lynched way more often than I get NKed, but the votes haven't really been piling my way just yet (though I apparently now have 2 already :p). I generally think due to my playstyle and vocalization habits I'm a pretty easy player to get lynched, so I'm torn between believing that baddies would want to push my lynch and baddies would want to stick closer to the MP is civ camp. It's hard to say...

Especially since my gut reaction, since I know I'm civ, is to lean the former. Logically though, it might be more wise for baddies to do the latter, unless they thought I was on an opposing baddie team, right?

What do you think? And I know you questioned me a bit before but since you're TH 2.0 and not 1.0, how do you feel about me now?

juliets wrote:
Dom wrote:

Well, he seemed to be back and forth changing his mind on daisy or gnashing his teeth about whether she was bad, so my observation that he was doing out loud what many of us do silently would apply to the Daisy case as well. At this moment I do not know what he has decided about Daisy or whether he has decided anything yet (unless I missed it in his posts). I want to emphasize it was just a thought I had and wanted to throw out there with the rest of the thoughts from others. I don't have a stance on MP yet, there is a lot floating around and I haven't sorted it all.
This is true. I just am worried because I'm afraid of the following possibilities: (1) Daisy and Epig both received votes because they're both civvie scapegoats; (2) Because I know Daisy so well, I always feel like I focus on her in games we play together perhaps with a higher intensity than others, so I was wondering if maybe I'm overexamining her (or being too hard on her/expecting the wrong things); (3) even though I do know her really well, my track record of reading her is not perfect.

Now, with that said, I do think her comment suspicion mongering me v. S~V~S was suspicious, I think her N1 Azure vote was suspicious, and I do think a good deal of her posts have been taking odd positions that I'm not sure are civvie-oriented. When she was heavily defending herself, there were times I did wonder if she's being genuine, so that made me pause, and I realized I needed to reevaluate.

With THAT said, I'm not sure my vote will stay on her, but I do believe she is still currently my biggest suspect for aforementioned reasons, so just so I could see the results of the poll without clicking "view results" I went ahead and voted her for now, and thought I could always swap it later if I change my mind as D3 develops.

I did say this before, but I realize I post a lot, so i don't mind repeating it. In fact, I said earlier that my top 3 most likely vote-getters at that moment were Daisy, Elo, and Enrique in that order, and subject to change. No longer sure if I believe the #2 and #3. I just have this feeling in the back of my head with Enri that maybe I was right before and I've let it go mistakenly.

I hope that helps.

keys56000000000 wrote:I'm surprised MP keeps bringing up the failed night kill, if there are two baddie teams it obvious proves nothing. And yet, he keeps citing it. So absurd that anyone would suspect him after the failed NK.

It doesn't prove "nothing", it just says I was almost killed by one of the teams. I'm not convinced you actually read my posts because I've said ad nauseum that people can think I'm a Dalek or The Master all they want, but it doesn't mean that I am. So why you think it means "nothing" is just incomprehensible to me. The fact is that I survived an NK from one team. I'm citing it ONLY for that reason. Not for you to buy into the argument that I'm a confirmed civvie. Because I'm not. It just makes my possibilities of being bad seem less than anyone else alive right now.

I don't see why the answer to that couldn't be a yes, and something I didn't think of honestly, so you have a good point here. It's not true, and it would be a terrible baddie plan because there are two baddie teams, an independent, and secret roles though. Now if it were a single mafia game, it would be a much better counterpoint.

I'm not going to respond to your accusations against me anymore unless you feel I haven't properly addressed something or you come up with new evidence because it's evident that absolutely nothing I can say will change your mind at this point, since you're ignoring any other perspective that would point to me being not bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TH 2.0: I'm also curious if you have other players you're keeping your eye on and why. If you had to vote right now, who would it be for?

Enrique: Same question, what are you thinking right now?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

I'll go ahead and vote Daisy for now. I really don't like the way things are going down with MP.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:I'll go ahead and vote Daisy for now. I really don't like the way things are going down with MP.
:ponder:

While I appreciate your confidence in me, why do you find the arguments against Daisy most compelling for a vote out of everyone alive right now? Is there something in particular that sticks out to you?
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Cool back on my computer
Dom wrote:
Made wrote: No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.
What exactly does this mean? Your gut is saying what about me? Who was this a response to?
My gut is saying you're trying gain support for a lynch against me, but rationally I know that even civvies be politickin' these days. This isn't a response to anyone, you both asked where I was/what i was thinking, so I grouped you when giving reads.

Just read SD, but not in the context of thread. MP, I have a question for you.

What exactly is your philosophy on role hinting and role claiming, and the logic behind this reasoning?

Finna hit up homework, See'yall at dinner!
Pov: you reading my takes

Return to “Previous Jobs”