Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hey all, apologies for the absence. We have been struggling with our internet access for a few days and all my energy went into the Clue game before i was so rudely lynched as a baddie. : pout: I didnt really have much time to keep up with this game with a sick baby this week sadly. If i havent responded to posts about me it's not because i am ignoring them it's because i havent posted at all. I will be on later tonight if people need me to address questions, although i dont know that there is much to say about my actions this game. I have posted 15 times in this game compared to MP or zeek with over 300 posts.

No idea where my suspicions are because i have at least 7 pages since last night to read i think.

Linki bullz that is exactly how i feel. Its become more of a chore with sooo many pages.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

First: HOSTS, I am still not on the player list on the first page. :)

Second: I haven't seen anyone insanified. I could be wrong, but if not, it would appear that MR or TH ver 1.0 was Jackie Tyler.

That sucks, since that would mean 3 civs confirmed dead.

Not a good start...
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl - it is good to see you are here. It is very very important that you address this post. I know there are a lot of posts out there for you to catch up with but this is the gist of why you have so many votes - your lack of answer to Roxy. (There may be more but this is a big thing in the thought to lynch you). Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Roxy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Could you elaborate on your thoughts re: Hedgie, Roxy? She's been off my radar so far.

She is off your radar bc thats where she wants to be. Here is a link to her posts I made a post about her Day and commented more - she has promised twice to respoind to me but has yet to offer any response. What initially pinged me was the way she said Epi had made a valid case about Juliets yet Juliets could be good (I am paraphrasing here)
So when/if Juliets came back good (which she did) she could say - yeah I thought she could be civ. See I said so before the lynch was over.

You read her tell me what you think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Pretty colors are pretty and replies
Dom wrote:
Made wrote: My tone has change because I am now annoyed, but my tune has remain constant.
You have repetitively said my name(which, subjectively could be read as you attempting to create a case against me, without actually doing so), but you have never specifically said "hey made is bad" until one post ago. The only reason I brought up semantics (specifically about the usage of the word bad) was because you decided that me saying "I have a gut feeling about you" was not enough, even tho it implies that i think you're bad. I don't personally care about whether or not you specifically called me bad. You seemed to, so I attempted to reason with you by using what i understood as your perspective.

The awesome thing about Forum Mafia vs Party Mafia is that everything is on record. If I am a liar it can be proven very easily using my post, so if you would like to actually structure an argument about me on that, be my guest.

Today is not the day Dom. I'm not in the mood right now for bullshit arguments or politics. Either make an argument about me that isn't based in hyperbole and vague quotes or go away. If you need an example of a proper argument, please refer to below.

My argument against Dom
Admittedly, my reason for now voting Dom is based on his accusations against me, and this cognitive dissonances(of my own) is pissing me off. Rationally I know that he thinks i'm bad, and is therefore attempting to frame me for a lynch, a alignment free thing to do-- civvies find it necessary to lynch people too-- however, his hostility and lack of logic and ability to see reason from my perspective is making it very difficult to see him as anything else but a baddie trying unrelentingly to get me lynched.
Are you remotely serious right now?
There are no words for how vacant and vacuous this post is.

#1) I have ZERO memory of scolding you for saying you have "a gut feeling about" me. Seriously? Did that even happen? When? Where?
Dom wrote:
Made wrote: No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.
What exactly does this mean? Your gut is saying what about me? Who was this a response to?
I interpreted the multiquestioning as aggressive doubt of my use of gut feeling, rather than actually saying the words bad or suspicious.[/color]
#2) I have repeatedly voiced my intention to vote you. You are being beyond ridiculous. Yes. I think you are bad. Yes, I solicited other people's opinions of you because I wanted to start a dialog about you. What are you missing? What are you actually arguing? What the hell are you trying to prove?
Nothing, I'm replying to your post. As i said above, The only reason I brought up semantics (specifically about the usage of the word bad) was because I thought you decided that me saying "I have a gut feeling about you" was not enough, even tho it implies that i think you're bad. I don't personally care about whether or not you specifically called me bad. You seemed to, so I attempted to reason with you by using what i understood as your perspective.
#3) You ARE a liar. You have blatantly misrepresented my claims against you. This is especially apparent in this quoted post.
I didn't have a full understanding of your argument until i went back to you reply to zeek. Call me hard headed, but throwing quotes at me doesn't resonate unless it's explained.
#4) I am making an argument for your baddiness based on quotes you have said. That is how this game is played. If you do not want to partake in it, you cannot complain about this. You cannot fight back. You must just sit there and take votes.
Differences in game philosophy. *shrug*
#5) Please, Made, tell me what are my logical and cognitive dissonances? I have pointed out several of yours. Please, do tell.
i was commenting on my own cognitive dissonance. I felt you were bad because you were accusing me which rationally felt off, but you seemed to not be listening to my defenses which, imo, were logical. While I stand by my logic, I can't stand by my vote which i made in frustration. I don't understand your gameplay style but that doesn't make you guilty.
Hedgeowl wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:Elo can you respond to my post since you responded to everyone else?

MP - My Hedge suspicion comes from her fence riding during the Juliets fiasco. She thought Epi made a "valid" case yet she could still see Juliets as being good. Fence riding at its best.
inre: Hedge: Let me add she did not vote that I could see - which is odd considering she was around.
I have so many pages to catch up on, but just saw this as the last post. I was one of two omg so close to voting but just missed it by 30 seconds voters. I will be around later before the polls ends and can answer questions then.

Linki up the wazoo, but ditto to Elo for reals yo.
If this the main reason for suspicion against Hedgie, i'm pretty sure the exact same arguement came up against her in felt (Hedgiebaddie hedging bets I think llama put it) and she was civvie in that game. So she either a strong understanding of her own meta or just playing how she normally would. I've never playing in a game with an actual Hedgiebaddie, So those more experienced with reading Hedgie viewing her as bad is more damning than the argument itself at this point in my eyes.
(Linki @Juliet- Missed Roxy's argument because i just reread Hedgie. Interesting interpretation of Hedgie's action so far.)
Gonna put away some homework, then come back to reread some more mafia post, specifically the argument against MP.
Pov: you reading my takes
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Elohcin wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Made wrote:Do you know why you didn't die Eloh?
That seems to be what she's implying here:
elo wrote:Did you guys not reread the civ roles pertaining to surviving night kills?
linki: Elo's dropping serious hints here. I don't know what to make of it, but it'd be best to exercise caution here.
I'm only restating what I already said the day after the attempted NK, nothing more. And I didn't get any PM from the host saying I went too far then, so I am thinking I am okay.
Thing is, I don't have any reason to trust you or believe you are telling the truth here. There are baddie roles that can survive kills too.
I have to think about this some. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be punished if what you claim is true.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:If this the main reason for suspicion against Hedgie, i'm pretty sure the exact same arguement came up against her in felt (Hedgiebaddie hedging bets I think llama put it) and she was civvie in that game. So she either a strong understanding of her own meta or just playing how she normally would. I've never playing in a game with an actual Hedgiebaddie, So those more experienced with reading Hedgie viewing her as bad is more damning than the argument itself at this point in my eyes.
(Linki @Juliet- Missed Roxy's argument because i just reread Hedgie. Interesting interpretation of Hedgie's action so far.)
Gonna put away some homework, then come back to reread some more mafia post, specifically the argument against MP.
When you come back, I want to hear your thoughts on Dana as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

sabie12 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Dom wrote:do you think that Epig was flying under the radar?
wait this isn't right at all
ignore this i screwed up
I'm curious what did you mean to say? Epi isn't usually one to fly under the radar haha
I read the quoted LC post incorrectly. I thought it said that Epig was hiding and I was asking JC if she thought LC was being accurate in that description. Then I realized it said, "in plain sight" as an addendum to "hiding". /facepalm
Hedgeowl wrote:Hey all, apologies for the absence. We have been struggling with our internet access for a few days and all my energy went into the Clue game before i was so rudely lynched as a baddie. : pout: I didnt really have much time to keep up with this game with a sick baby this week sadly. If i havent responded to posts about me it's not because i am ignoring them it's because i havent posted at all. I will be on later tonight if people need me to address questions, although i dont know that there is much to say about my actions this game. I have posted 15 times in this game compared to MP or zeek with over 300 posts.

No idea where my suspicions are because i have at least 7 pages since last night to read i think.

Linki bullz that is exactly how i feel. Its become more of a chore with sooo many pages.
Hedge, how did you know there were posts about you? Especially so recently?
Made wrote:
Made wrote: No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.
What exactly does this mean? Your gut is saying what about me? Who was this a response to?
I interpreted the multiquestioning as aggressive doubt of my use of gut feeling, rather than actually saying the words bad or suspicious.[/color][/quote]
No. Those questions were asked because your sentence was very out of context and very hard to understand.

Made wrote:#2) I have repeatedly voiced my intention to vote you. You are being beyond ridiculous. Yes. I think you are bad. Yes, I solicited other people's opinions of you because I wanted to start a dialog about you. What are you missing? What are you actually arguing? What the hell are you trying to prove?
Nothing, I'm replying to your post. As i said above, The only reason I brought up semantics (specifically about the usage of the word bad) was because I thought you decided that me saying "I have a gut feeling about you" was not enough, even tho it implies that i think you're bad. I don't personally care about whether or not you specifically called me bad. You seemed to, so I attempted to reason with you by using what i understood as your perspective.
I never said a gut feeling was not enough. I questioned what an incredibly unclear sentence meant.
Made wrote:#3) You ARE a liar. You have blatantly misrepresented my claims against you. This is especially apparent in this quoted post.
I didn't have a full understanding of your argument until i went back to you reply to zeek. Call me hard headed, but throwing quotes at me doesn't resonate unless it's explained.
#4) I am making an argument for your baddiness based on quotes you have said. That is how this game is played. If you do not want to partake in it, you cannot complain about this. You cannot fight back. You must just sit there and take votes.
Differences in game philosophy. *shrug*
How is this an issue of difference in game philosophy? How else do you play mafia? I read what you wrote, quoted it, responded to it, and expressed that your words made met think you were bad.
And you are arguing with me over it.

Made wrote:#5) Please, Made, tell me what are my logical and cognitive dissonances? I have pointed out several of yours. Please, do tell.
i was commenting on my own cognitive dissonance. I felt you were bad because you were accusing me which rationally felt off, but you seemed to not be listening to my defenses which, imo, were logical. While I stand by my logic, I can't stand by my vote which i made in frustration. I don't understand your gameplay style but that doesn't make you guilty.
[/quote]
You said I am not using logic. I asked you to point out where I am not using logic. You have not done so.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I would vote Dana because she is backing up a lot of people rather than actually voicing suspicions. So much defense or uncertainty, but nothing particularly strong or helpful, except for the decoding. She just doesn't seem like she wants to formulate a strong opinion of anyone. I'll make a list of the players she has talked about, starting at the beginning of Day 2.
I am a very unopinionated person in general, which can be extremely bad for mafia and understandably makes people suspicious. I try to be as helpful as I possibly can be, which is super difficult this early on in such a big game. There are so many people that I find it pretty hard to keep track of suspicions and what people are saying or how they're acting throughout the game. I absolutely love puzzles so I've been working on the decoding as much as I can to try and help all of the civs, especially since there were at least a few people saying they're too bad at it to help out.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Made - She starts out with this post which seems like such a baddie thing to say. Made's behavior is odd, but because no one else was picking up on it, I won't get behind it either. I brought up this post earlier. Against just strange things to say that don't offer anything. It doesn't vibe with me.
It wasn't that no one was picking up on it, it was that no one was trying to dissuade the Made suspicion, or at least it seemed that way at the time (like it currently does with Hedge). It just makes me uncomfortable when everyone is ok with lynching someone, because then that means the baddies are too.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here, she does voice a brief suspicion of Elo, emphasis on the brief.

Elohcin - Uncertainty here with support for others.
About Elo, I said I was suspicious of her on Day 1, though you only looked through my posts from Day 2 forward. Then she came in with an explanation and I said it made sense. Can you explain to me what's wrong with this?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis - Here and here she calls Epi's playstyle weird. No commitment there though, not until after Epi was lynched and a confirmed civ. Here is where she finally says that she thought he was bad, after the fact.
I committed with my vote. I said he was acting weird and he might have something to hide, which means I thought he was bad. In that final post you linked, I was talking about MP, not Epi. I was even supporting MP, I'm not sure how you thought I was saying Epi was bad there.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Space Daisy - Uncertainty here. She suspects the bandwagoning, but no players in specific.
I've said quite a few times since then that I think SD is good.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Snow Dog - Uncertainty here.
I found something odd and I asked a question. I don't see what's bad about this?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Zeek - Support here.
Support because I had just said the same thing a few posts before, in the "SD bandwagon" post, linked above and again here.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Enrique - Uncertainty here and later backed him up. MP makes a good point here, but didn't really pursue it.
Here is the resolution of that.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Chris - Support here.
This was SD support, not Chris. "They" in that post was SD and Epi.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Gotrees - Uncertainty here.
Definitely more on the civ side for Gotrees. I said I had no reason to think he's bad, is that uncertainty? Of course there's always some degree of uncertainty but I tried to make it clear that I don't think Gotrees is bad.

I'm unsure about the usefulness of a case like this (cherry picked posts) when the context of what was going on in the thread at the time is very important. In a few of these, you even said I was talking about someone that I wasn't. I know I don't have very strong suspicions or opinions, but I do try to say what I'm thinking and ask questions if I feel something is off.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oh, and she didn't get my Rush allusion. :noble:
Sorry :(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Thats some mad formatting, Dom :noble:
fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
elo wrote:Did you guys not reread the civ roles pertaining to surviving night kills?
linki: Elo's dropping serious hints here. I don't know what to make of it, but it'd be best to exercise caution here.
I'm only restating what I already said the day after the attempted NK, nothing more. And I didn't get any PM from the host saying I went too far then, so I am thinking I am okay.
Thing is, I don't have any reason to trust you or believe you are telling the truth here. There are baddie roles that can survive kills too.
I have to think about this some. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be punished if what you claim is true.
Personally, I think it is very believable. My only reasoning in bringing it up after the night post was that people were all over MP for surviving, not all over Elo. I don't know that I think Elo has the balls (and I mean this in a good way, lol) to false role claim as overtly as this.

\She has implied she is one of the civ roles that might be NK resistant. That is clear. What more do you want her to say?

My standard, "just walked in the door, react to the last few posts" post.

I am going to drop a vote on Daisy, might change it later, but I may or may not have a lot of thread time tonight, my brother is having a sad, and taking care of my baby brother is more important. But I will try.

Anything anyone has specifically addressed to me that I have not addressed?

Linki~ Another post :lorab:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Snow Dog wrote:At least one civ doesn't trust Elo though hence the kill attempt. Wish i could be so sure, very risky role the civ killer.
DFaraday wrote:On that note, I am voting Elo based on the fact that she was part of the Juliet-wagon, then the Azure-wagon, then she made no attempt to defend herself other than "I'm always blendy", then she mysteriously survived an NK from the civ ninja.
So the role description for Strax just says "you are the civ ninja". What does that entail? Does the civ ninja get any information or any way to know that they're picking a team member and not a civ?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Generally, it is not an info role unless implied in the role itself. I have seen games where the civ ninja killed ONLY civvies (Bea, what was that game at HV, was it Stoners? Where Booneh only killed civs?). Just becasue a civ tried to kill someone does not make them bad. If civs were infallible, we would not play this game cause the baddies could never win.

Some of the Epi voters, the JC1 voters, were civvies as well. I take ninja kills, like gossip roles, with a grain of salt.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask to be replaced. I just can't keep up with this, I'm so busy and every day I get further behind. That is only going to get worse as time goes on so it's best if I drop out and let someone who can be active take over. I did say when I signed up I probably wouldn't have time for this game but I know that if I'd been less busy I really would have enjoyed playing this!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:Thats some mad formatting, Dom :noble:
I now even realize how I screwed up :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Generally, it is not an info role unless implied in the role itself. I have seen games where the civ ninja killed ONLY civvies (Bea, what was that game at HV, was it Stoners? Where Booneh only killed civs?). Just becasue a civ tried to kill someone does not make them bad. If civs were infallible, we would not play this game cause the baddies could never win.

Some of the Epi voters, the JC1 voters, were civvies as well. I take ninja kills, like gossip roles, with a grain of salt.
Now weren't you just asking me why I DIDN'T wonder about Elo's survival and Elo being bad earlier? Now you're offering the other perspective?

I understand the point behind this comment, but it takes the significance out of your other one.

Linki: poor Dom :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Personally, I think it is very believable. My only reasoning in bringing it up after the night post was that people were all over MP for surviving, not all over Elo. I don't know that I think Elo has the balls (and I mean this in a good way, lol) to false role claim as overtly as this.

\She has implied she is one of the civ roles that might be NK resistant. That is clear. What more do you want her to say?

I am going to drop a vote on Daisy, might change it later, but I may or may not have a lot of thread time tonight, my brother is having a sad, and taking care of my baby brother is more important. But I will try.

I don't want her to say any more? I just am undecided if I believe it at this point. I don't know her as well as you, so I don't know that she wouldn't falsely role claim like this. I'm pretty sure I remember someone else hinting at another civvie role that survives NKs. So, the options for those are dwindling.
I don't know if I am willing to risk it atm though since the hosts said lynching a civvie this time would be bad. Daisy is one of my other top suspects at this point. So I could consider a vote there, or maybe at Made for refusing to address why I am # 3 on his suspect list.
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh, this is the post I made very shortly before the one you quote. This is wht I think you are bad, tbh. Taking crap out of context and trying to make it into stuff it isn't.
fingersplints wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Linki, who else hinted at that? And I am aware or three such roles off the top of my head.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know I am behind, but I don't rcall anyone else hinting at being a role survival civvie, was it MP?
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Dana wrote:It wasn't that no one was picking up on it, it was that no one was trying to dissuade the Made suspicion, or at least it seemed that way at the time (like it currently does with Hedge). It just makes me uncomfortable when everyone is ok with lynching someone, because then that means the baddies are too.
I agree with this. It's what I like to refer to as a "lynchtrain" - everyone's ok with voting that person, for practically nothing, and no one is coming to that person's aid. Makes me very uncomfortable, and I think one is forming against this Hedgey person.

Also, Dana, if that's how you feel, how do you feel about Enrique heavily defending MP? And going as far as calling my suspicion of MP irrational?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Metalmarsh, this is the post I made very shortly before the one you quote. This is wht I think you are bad, tbh. Taking crap out of context and trying to make it into stuff it isn't.
How have I taken anything out of context? Am I misreading your posts?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:I know I am behind, but I don't rcall anyone else hinting at being a role survival civvie, was it MP?
Nevermind, I read this fast and missed the due to the events of last night. Not sure what LC is getting at here then.
Long Con wrote:Hey, I know I'm being quiet, but I'm reading along, trying to figure out what's what. I'm a little suspicious of MP for being The Master, but I think I'm more sympathetic at the suspicion he's gotten for surviving a night kill. I'll add it into the mix that there's a Civvie role I know he's not due to the events of last night. :srsnod: Just to balance out the baddie roles we know he's not. Barring some ballsy self-kill he knew he could survive. Is there any protections revealed in any of the Cyberbullies?
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Gotrees wrote:Also, one more thing before I head to bed:

What happens if there's a tie?
:shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Metalmarsh, this is the post I made very shortly before the one you quote. This is wht I think you are bad, tbh. Taking crap out of context and trying to make it into stuff it isn't.
How have I taken anything out of context? Am I misreading your posts?
You totally ignored the previous post discussing the inconsistency in favor of using the second post to make implications. This has been your MO, IMO ( :haha: ) pretty much this whole game.

Linki~

There is Sarah Jane, Mickey Smith & Captain Jack. One implies immunity (flip of a coin), one says he is "hard to kill" and the third says 50/50 of night targets failing. Bad Elo is s lot flail-ier when shes cornered, this Elo is not.

Linki~ didn't Bea answer that day one?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

SVS, Elo says she is not one of those three. At least that is how I interpret this post:
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM: Seriously? I've been talking my head off and I even mentioned once earlier to JC that I felt a bit uncomfortable talking during the night when I typically do not, so yeah... Given the fact that I took no votes yesterday, I had a feeling I was going to get targeted with an NK.
I stand by what I said. Survived night kills are fishy. You're clearly not a cybertron, which makes you less suspish. I also have been getting civvie vibes from you in general. But you still survived a night kill.

Linki: You're not on my lynch list.

Linki 2: Stop posting MP and let me post.
Three civ roles appear to have the ability to potentially survive an NK on their own; Mickey, Sarah Jane and Captain Jack. So what makes it so suspish? Plus the person who attempted to kill Elo was a civvie. I am curious why her survival does not seem as bad to you.
Look harder....there are other civ roles with surviving skills.
Gro-oo-ovy
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

I don't like the leading lynch options. I'm not voting Made, Dana or MovingPictures07. I'm not entirely convinced that Elo is bad purely because he survived the night and I'm not convinced Hedgeowl is bad because he hasn't answered Roxy. Unless I've missed more expansive reasoning on these two.

I was going to post about how comfortable everyone is lynching these contenders but somebody beat me to it. Can anyone explain why Hedgeowl has come under such heavy suspicion in the past 10 hours?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:SVS, Elo says she is not one of those three. At least that is how I interpret this post:
Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM: Seriously? I've been talking my head off and I even mentioned once earlier to JC that I felt a bit uncomfortable talking during the night when I typically do not, so yeah... Given the fact that I took no votes yesterday, I had a feeling I was going to get targeted with an NK.
I stand by what I said. Survived night kills are fishy. You're clearly not a cybertron, which makes you less suspish. I also have been getting civvie vibes from you in general. But you still survived a night kill.

Linki: You're not on my lynch list.

Linki 2: Stop posting MP and let me post.
Three civ roles appear to have the ability to potentially survive an NK on their own; Mickey, Sarah Jane and Captain Jack. So what makes it so suspish? Plus the person who attempted to kill Elo was a civvie. I am curious why her survival does not seem as bad to you.
Look harder....there are other civ roles with surviving skills.
True, but not sure how that would make her bad? Could you explain it? I am not the best at deciphering role hints.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Zeek, I thought it was her general blendiness, and Roxy points (which were made more than 10 hours ago) that Hedge (who is a girl owl) did not address.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I did not say her hint makes her bad. I am saying if I take the hinting out of it (since there are both civvie and baddie roles that can survive NK and I don't know if she was telling the truth) her actions in the thread and her vote history make her look bad. I've already said I am considering changing my vote since I am a bit worried about her telling the truth now that I have some reassurance that a baddie Elo is not that bold.
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I don't really understand the sudden Hedge votes much (something about not responding to Roxy? And then still not responding? And then finally responding now?), certainly not enough to vote her. I am not risking missing the vote again, and at this point I'm most comfortable voting Made for reasons I've already stated, so I'm gonna go ahead and do that. I'll do my best to check back periodically but I've got a busy night of baking stuff for tomorrow. And as it's a weeknight, I definitely won't be awake for the poll ending, sadly. Blooper out for now.

Linki - Ah, a more concise explanation! Thanks, SVS. Still not voting Hedge, but I understand the accusation slightly better.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

S~V~S wrote:Zeek, I thought it was her general blendiness, and Roxy points (which were made more than 10 hours ago) that Hedge (who is a girl owl) did not address.
Okay, I get she hasn't addressed them and she's being blendy. Y'know, like half of the people in the game are. And I appreciate those are bad things but before I went to work I had the impression this would be between Made and MovingPictures07... it seems like this has come from nowhere.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

fingersplints wrote:I did not say her hint makes her bad. I am saying if I take the hinting out of it (since there are both civvie and baddie roles that can survive NK and I don't know if she was telling the truth) her actions in the thread and her vote history make her look bad. I've already said I am considering changing my vote since I am a bit worried about her telling the truth now that I have some reassurance that a baddie Elo is not that bold.
I think Elo means its a secret power, telling us to look harder. There are three roles off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned that I would think might have death escape abilities. Rory because he dies over and over again, Clara because shes the impossible girl and the Doctor himself.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made? I was hoping for Hedge vs Daisy, but no one feels the Daisy thing except me. I agree, Made is playing a way different game than I am used to (did anyone ever answer re whether he has ever been a baddie? No, right?) and I could see him being bad. BUt I could see Daisy & Hedge & Metalmarsh being bad, too.

Linki~ good points re secrets.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

If Hedgie comes up with an explanation that is reasonable for her straddling the fence and why she didn't respond to Rox (i think she has already partly responded to that one) I will take my vote off of her.

linki but posting this first
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:Made? I was hoping for Hedge vs Daisy, but no one feels the Daisy thing except me. I agree, Made is playing a way different game than I am used to (did anyone ever answer re whether he has ever been a baddie? No, right?) and I could see him being bad. BUt I could see Daisy & Hedge & Metalmarsh being bad, too.

Linki~ good points re secrets.
I said I was considering a SD vote :p
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And it is a good thing to consider. I know Epi was not popular, but he was a civvie. And I do think his lynch felt like Saving Miss Daisy.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I still have no idea who I'm voting for and I've been mulling the game over for two days.

He need a gender list, I keep getting it wrong.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Hey SVS~ and other Daisy detractors, I'm feeling the Daisy suspicion. I'm used to reading a whole lot more from her. Maybe she's changed her style since we played last, admittedly a long time ago, but maybe she is afraid her fiance MP might easily catch her in the act of mafiaing, and is playing very carefully.

I don't know really, but I'm more supportive of the lynch going that way than this lynchtrain on Hedge.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Bullzeye »

I am going to quietly self-vote for today because I'm still lost, it's nearly 1am and I'm very tired, and I missed the last vote but don't want to again. Sorry for how much I've sucked in this game, hopefully who ever replaces me does better.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bass_The_Clever
Black Rock
Bullzeye
Boogs Replaced by Turnip Head v 2.0 Night 2
Canucklehead
Dana

DFaraday
Dom

Elohin
Enrique
Epignosis
- Lynched D2. K9
fingersplints
Goatees~ I think M but really not sure
Hedgeowl
Juliets
- Lynched Night 1 - River Song
Keys11tybillion
Long Con
Made
MetalMarsh
Mister Rearanger
- Nightkilled Night 1 by The Master
Moving PIctures
Nikki- Replaced by Juliets v 2.0 Night 2
Ninjablooper
raywaS
Rox
Sabie

Snow Dog
Spacedaisy
SVS

Turnip Head - Nightkilled Night 1 by Daleks
Zeek

Chris
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bullz, you said you would be too busy, we peer pressured you into it <3
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Chris wrote:First: HOSTS, I am still not on the player list on the first page. :)
My bad. Correcting that now.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I don't know what to make of SD, her role hint raised my eyebrow and she is very quiet. Pretty sure she hasn't post at all today. Maybe she's been silenced or is pretending to be so that she doesn't have to fight off another lynching.

I think I'd be more supportive of her lynching than almost all of the main contenders. I suppose its between her and Elo for me. Don't know what to make of Dom still but he won't be lynched and I want to make my role count this time.

linki Thank you SVS
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am leaving my vote where it is, I am going to go take care of my brother and his broken heart, and plot revenge on the bitch who broke it, I will probably be back before the end of the lynch, but i am not 100% sure and I am OK with my vote where it is.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:And it is a good thing to consider. I know Epi was not popular, but he was a civvie. And I do think his lynch felt like Saving Miss Daisy.
I agree it was a save, and all these other lynch options popping up today feel a lot like distracting from her too.

Ok, I'm switching to daisy :)
Gro-oo-ovy
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

But now this looks like a save :ponder:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:And it is a good thing to consider. I know Epi was not popular, but he was a civvie. And I do think his lynch felt like Saving Miss Daisy.
r
That's a very good point. I may vote daisy again as hedge has explained it is hard for her to internet
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I know Epi was not popular
You people are still talking about me. :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

fingersplints wrote:
I agree it was a save, and all these other lynch options popping up today feel a lot like distracting from her too.

Ok, I'm switching to daisy :)
ha....didn't read this before posting the same thing. dare I vote daisy now?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I know Epi was not popular
You people are still talking about me. :noble:
Of course you are popular!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know about these Daisy votes. SVS who specifically do you think might have tried to save Daisy on Day 2? I still don't see much of a case against her.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I like my vote on Hedgeowl, but I would rather vote Made or MP than see Daisy lynched today tbh

Return to “Previous Jobs”