Marmot
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
sig
67%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Merasmus the Magician (Host/Mod/NP/Dead)
25%
Click here to join the spec chat.
No votes

Total votes: 12
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 113

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think it’s best if mafia role claim, but town doesn’t.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:17 am There's a time and place for mech talk.

However I don't want to be starting with it because it's easy for scum to hide behind.
Day 0 is legit when to talk setup mech? Like in open setups if there is a plan town should follow, y'all need to be on board D1.

But yeah, I agree it can be easy to just talk mech, and the more I think about it, the more I think my suggestion just doesn't have merit, so I'm okay dropping the mech talk at this point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:02 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:10 am
Dolby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:28 pm Also don't see why a claim swap would happen?

If one goes down the other would go down
Claimswaps can happen late game when the remaining mafia members hope to win with both people involved alive.

Granted, I do concede that it is probably not super likely to happen.
What's not super likely? That Maf use claim swaps late game, or that Maf have multiple members alive late game?

Sean is in my sus pile
Well hopefully both, but I was talking specifically about how it is probably not likely that a situation where it might make sense for mafia to claimswap happens.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:40 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:09 am Mhf mphreh mhrphd
This is like your GIF gimmick, tho less comprehensible
Mrumhuhm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 282

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:48 am
Dolby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:28 pm Also don't see why a claim swap would happen?

Claimswaps can happen late game when the remaining mafia members hope to win with both people involved alive.

What's not super likely? That Maf use claim swaps late game, or that Maf have multiple members alive late game?

Sean is in my sus pile
Well hopefully both, but I was talking specifically about how it is probably not likely that a situation where it might make sense for mafia to claimswap happens.
Still strikes me as an odd topic of discussion at this stage, but I'm not the conversation police, so you do you I s'pose.

Your explanation does not remove you from my sus pile BTW
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Sean is in my sus pile
Still strikes me as an odd topic of discussion at this stage, but I'm not the conversation police, so you do you I s'pose.

I mean, when else should you talk about a game-long gameplan other than the beginning of the game?

And that's fine, sus me all you want.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

So looking back, I think Linearpoint and Mac are >rand!mafia, but that second one might be mildly fueled by OMGUS.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Sean is in my sus pile

I mean, when else should you talk about a game-long gameplan other than the beginning of the game?

There are so many variables, that I feel game long planning this early in a game this size is a bit like shoveling snow in a blizzard
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:25 pm

Sean is in my sus pile

There are so many variables, that I feel game long planning this early in a game this size is a bit like shoveling snow in a blizzard
I mean not really game related, but I'm kinda guessing from this comment you don't live in the north? Shoveling snow during a blizzard is actually a good idea as long as it isn't dangerous outside. It is a lot easier to shovel 6 inches of snow 4 times than it is to shovel 2 feet of snow once, so shoveling during a blizzard can be super helpful.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 pm

Sean is in my sus pile

I mean not really game related, but I'm kinda guessing from this comment you don't live in the north? Shoveling snow during a blizzard is actually a good idea as long as it isn't dangerous outside. It is a lot easier to shovel 6 inches of snow 4 times than it is to shovel 2 feet of snow once, so shoveling during a blizzard can be super helpful.
Honestly, I'd be surprised if there are many on Syndicate is as North as I am. It's -25C outside right now
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

It's more just a folksy wisdom comment, you're right. Shoveling snow in a blizzard is better than doing it all afterward the storm is done.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:41 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 pm

Sean is in my sus pile

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there are many on Syndicate is as North as I am. It's -25C outside right now
Well, I was wrong then.

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 109

Post by sig »

I was very prepared to come in and complain about how there are ten pages and ppl need to post less. Instead I'll complain that there are two pages and yall need to post more :p
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:22 pm So looking back, I think Linearpoint and Mac are >rand!mafia, but that second one might be mildly fueled by OMGUS.
why?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:46 am I think it’s best if mafia role claim, but town doesn’t.
this right here is peak town. solid green, ride and die, will sheep for first ten days.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:22 pm So looking back, I think Linearpoint and Mac are >rand!mafia, but that second one might be mildly fueled by OMGUS.
why?
Linearpoint's first post is the sort of first post that I like to make as scum (I always find the first post the hardest, after getting the first post out of the way, it is much easier to continue. Sometimes I even specifically try to "first" specifically to get the first post out of the way), and while this is not scum-indicative necessarily, it is scum-compatible. Then as others have mentioned, sometimes scum likes to mech-talk to hide, and their posts in regards to my team-claim suggestion feel the most likely to be coming from scum trying to look helpful in a mech discussion.

As for Mac, he called me mafia, so he must be mafia.

Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 451
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Oh shit i forgot this game started

Hello
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 pm So I briefly considered if it might be good for us to massclaim our colors D1.

Benefits: reduces scums ability to do claimswaps, and also reduces the ability for scum to vague claim (i.e. if they are vaguely hinting at something that sounds a whole lot like your ability, and they're the same color as you, that's clearly sus).

Drawbacks: Could lead to scum being able to guess certain townies roles easier once the game goes on and a few people from own of the colors has flipped.

I didn't actually come to a conclusion on if I think we should or not though, so uhh... thoughts?
No, Im sure with all roles being known there gotta be some sort of anti-claim mechanic so hard pass.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:46 am I think it’s best if mafia role claim, but town doesn’t.
this right here is peak town. solid green, ride and die, will sheep for first ten days.
This guy is mafia
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

And that’s it. Nice catch up!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:52 pm So I briefly considered if it might be good for us to massclaim our colors D1.

Benefits: reduces scums ability to do claimswaps, and also reduces the ability for scum to vague claim (i.e. if they are vaguely hinting at something that sounds a whole lot like your ability, and they're the same color as you, that's clearly sus).

Drawbacks: Could lead to scum being able to guess certain townies roles easier once the game goes on and a few people from own of the colors has flipped.

I didn't actually come to a conclusion on if I think we should or not though, so uhh... thoughts?
No, Im sure with all roles being known there gotta be some sort of anti-claim mechanic so hard pass.
It's an open setup, so there is no hidden anti-claim mechanic.

Either way though, I've come around to thinking it is not a good idea to claim colors.

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

Mnph mnphs

[VOTE: MhMhnph] aubergine
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:31 pm

Either way though, I've come around to thinking it is not a good idea to claim colors.
Why not? Im green, how about you?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

It has been brought up so I'll clarify. When I said the Heavy "protects" people from vote, it means he punishes people who vote for the person he is "protecting". He doesn't actually remove votes from anyone.

It goes like this:

Player A votes for Player B.
Heavy uses Sasha to protect Player B.
Player B gets +1 vote, Player A gets +1 vote.

It Heavy uses Natascha instead, the effect is more powerful, but at a cost for the heavy himself:

Player A votes for Player B.
Heavy uses Natascha to protect Player B.
Player B gets +1 vote, Player A gets +2 votes, all votes on Heavy are doubled.

Also, like I mentioned in rules, this ability only considers the state of the poll after it locks, as in, if the vote on Player B wasn't changed before the day end. I'm going to come here at the end of the day and look at the final poll, I don't care what happened before.

You may notice most of the classes have two abilities that are variations of each other. This is because you have to choose one ability to use each night, so there's usually a risk-reward thing going on between the abilities.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The above goes for all effects that deal with votes: the Pyro, the Sniper, the Spy and any other I may have forgotten. As far as I'm concerned, if it wasn't in the final poll after lockdown, it didn't happen.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:47 pm
why?
Linearpoint's first post is the sort of first post that I like to make as scum (I always find the first post the hardest, after getting the first post out of the way, it is much easier to continue. Sometimes I even specifically try to "first" specifically to get the first post out of the way), and while this is not scum-indicative necessarily, it is scum-compatible. Then as others have mentioned, sometimes scum likes to mech-talk to hide, and their posts in regards to my team-claim suggestion feel the most likely to be coming from scum trying to look helpful in a mech discussion.

Okay I'm not sure I see it, buuuuuuut not really being series yet.

Mac i'll be able to tell if he's mafia by like day 2/3. Though if i get NK'd before then he 100% should be lynched since always kills me when he's mafia. :pout:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:24 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
pssst its D0 we can't vote yet. :p
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:39 pm

Please read the posts in thread, as this had already been discussed. Clearly I'm not talking about town vs mafia here when I talk of colors.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Derp clear denied
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:01 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:24 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
pssst its D0 we can't vote yet. :p
They're thinking outside the box
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Is this a 3P slip? Since aren't the colors red and blue, I"d assume any sneaky 3p would a third color.
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Is this a 3P slip? Since aren't the colors red and blue, I"d assume any sneaky 3p would a third color.
It's a absolutely a 3P slip. :faint:
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Where is the set up? I thought i could find it in the OP.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sig is hardcore obvious scum and im tunneling to their slow and painful death.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Derp clear denied
Fair, i could easily fake it as scum.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:10 pm Where is the set up? I thought i could find it in the OP.
Post #2.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:12 pm Sig is hardcore obvious scum and im tunneling to their slow and painful death.
:disappoint: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :disappoint:
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by LinearPoint »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:47 pm
why?

I can't resist easy jokes.
Plus I was legitimately playing League at the time and dying internally.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by LinearPoint »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:44 am
Dolby wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:51 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:11 am
Dolby wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:45 pm Yeah I personally don't see a benefit to a mass claim

Tells mafia who we all are and since they know what they can do it gives them more of an advantage I think, given they know what they as a faction can do and we don't. Mafia aren't going to claimswap anyway I don't think, except near the end. And honestly if we stop on yeeting "x" in f5 after they're tracked to "y" who died because they claim medic and no one CCs that's kinda on us?
I agree in regards to a total claim. I am more curious about the merits of a color claim. So no roles, just red team or blue team.
eh, I'm pretty sleep deprived rn and might go back on this

but

see what I just said with regards to fullclaim

Let's as a thought exercise say that all mafia are red, bam they know that 5 town contain 5 specific roles, and can probably make reads for roles within there. The information gained by town is less than that by mafia, and honestly, same for a 2/2 split.

and for what? to prevent them from claimswapping later? Don't think it would be that effective. The motivation for a claimswap is going to be some mechanical info being outted which makes the mafia look bad probably, and it's going to be bad on us for not catching it if we don't.

tl;dr, mafia gain more info and I don't think stopping a late game claimswap is very +EV for town
Well, stopping a late game claimswap is definitely +EV for town, but yeah I think I am starting to agree that it isn't enough +EV to counter the -EV of info given to scum.

There was another game with a similarish setup (well... only kinda, town was split into two teams) where I thought claiming teams was a horrible idea until I ran the numbers and realized that claiming teams could guarantee a scum chop without fail on either D1 or D2, and was actually almost the only viable strategy to give town a fighting chance (It was a 12p game with 4 wolves, so like... kill a wolf in two days or lose) This setup doesn't seem to have as much benefit to team claiming though.
While statistically lynching all of 1 color would result in 2 dead Mafia, we don't actually know the distribution of Mafia among the colors.
I think the merit of teamclaiming is more for Engineer since they need to know who is on their team to let into their base.
ImageImage
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 562

Post by Gavial »

Hello
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:14 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Derp clear denied
Fair, i could easily fake it as scum.
I think this interaction contains 1 wolf and 2 town.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There are probably some setup ways to mech out wolves but I haven’t really read yet and like nonsense can happen
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Not sure why LP be recently been called at as wolf randomly.
Last game they were town and I hard defended them.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I don’t find their Playstyle wolfy at all but apparently others do?
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

It cool if I talk about what abilities I think certain roles should use tonight or nah
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:33 pm 16, 4, 18, 1, 13, 9, 7

That is my RNG POE

So Seanzie, falcon, TSP, Dolby, Nook, LP, & Jack...let's start flipping these goons
I like that but not LP.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I don’t wanna see them being pushed for the second time during day 1 in a row.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dolby wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:59 pm It cool if I talk about what abilities I think certain roles should use tonight or nah
Go for it!
Dolby
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Aka: Morg, Dolbster

Post by Dolby »

tbh I'm not happy with Wilgy's pyro posting

it's probs NAI thought

Return to “Previous Jobs”