Marmot
No votes
MartinGG99
No votes
sig
67%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Merasmus the Magician (Host/Mod/NP/Dead)
25%
Click here to join the spec chat.
No votes

Total votes: 12
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 455

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by LinearPoint »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:39 am
Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 pm Not sure why LP be recently been called at as wolf randomly.
Last game they were town and I hard defended them.
Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:58 pm I don’t find their Playstyle wolfy at all but apparently others do?
This just looks like Gavial is TMI-ing LP town.
He's not digging into why or who sussed out LP.
Or what his own read of LP is, if any.

I think @MartinGG99 town read one of this posts, but it was this that I scum read.

As well as his reads just seems even faker than usual.
I know he pulls out reads of thin air, but he just seems to have an opinion ready on everything, while at the same time, this opinion is based on nothing.
Unfortunately Gave did this exact same thing last game and we were both Town.
And honestly I don't think he'd behave different as Mafia since he would probably be aware that I might catch onto that.
Although there is the difference where last game I had a legitimate wagon of like 3 or 4 at the time and here he started with it just because one person said my opening post joking about the moba community was scummy.
I frankly don't really see it as AI, but I also haven't seen his Mafia play style so...meh.
I think it comes more from the fact he's seen me play other games and just knows my play style more than most people on this site, but I still don't really know if he's seen me actually play as Mafia to even determine the minute differences between how I play any given role and don't get why he defends and town reads me each game.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 113

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:59 am I, too, have been fooled a few times by mafia jack. I feel like I can never read him. I'm not sure I've ever seen mafia falcon or just don't remember so not sure if there is a difference, but I didn't see anything outright scummy with him so far. Gavial I think is also a bit harder to read. I saw that people kind of jumped on voting him pretty quick into the day.
Do you have any takes or leans that you are more sure on or feel stronger about thus far?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:08 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:39 am
Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:57 pm Not sure why LP be recently been called at as wolf randomly.
Last game they were town and I hard defended them.
Gavial wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:58 pm I don’t find their Playstyle wolfy at all but apparently others do?
This just looks like Gavial is TMI-ing LP town.
He's not digging into why or who sussed out LP.
Or what his own read of LP is, if any.

I think @MartinGG99 town read one of this posts, but it was this that I scum read.

As well as his reads just seems even faker than usual.
I know he pulls out reads of thin air, but he just seems to have an opinion ready on everything, while at the same time, this opinion is based on nothing.
Unfortunately Gave did this exact same thing last game and we were both Town.
And honestly I don't think he'd behave different as Mafia since he would probably be aware that I might catch onto that.
Although there is the difference where last game I had a legitimate wagon of like 3 or 4 at the time and here he started with it just because one person said my opening post joking about the moba community was scummy.
I frankly don't really see it as AI, but I also haven't seen his Mafia play style so...meh.
I think it comes more from the fact he's seen me play other games and just knows my play style more than most people on this site, but I still don't really know if he's seen me actually play as Mafia to even determine the minute differences between how I play any given role and don't get why he defends and town reads me each game.
I've played with him before as well, and I'm aware of his play style.
Thanks for this background though.
You are right in that you weren't actually "under attack" when Gavial started defending you here. Only Sean had mentioned suspicion on you. And also, there was almost no content.
I know Gavial kind of makes up reads as both alignments, but it just struck me as particularly fake.
We'll see though.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh. And @Marmot Very eager to hear your report.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:10 pm [VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

I feel that they're not w/w with LC tho since they asked if something helped them
Hey, Martin. Why are you voting Marmot?
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

When is eod? I'll make sure to be present.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
Spoiler: show
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:33 am When is eod? I'll make sure to be present.
It says on the top of the poll. :beer:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:59 am I, too, have been fooled a few times by mafia jack. I feel like I can never read him. I'm not sure I've ever seen mafia falcon or just don't remember so not sure if there is a difference, but I didn't see anything outright scummy with him so far. Gavial I think is also a bit harder to read. I saw that people kind of jumped on voting him pretty quick into the day.
Pls more prescriptive less descriptive statements
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:51 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:40 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:08 pm As far as setup outing wolves go it's more in the fact that their Mafia unique abilities really outs them.
For example we can really really easily find Spy, Medic, and Sniper scum since their Mafia abilities actively out themselves.
I haven't read the setup really.

Does anyone know if this means if the town versions of these roles can verify themselves? @TonyStarkPrime Mech!

If so, we should do that.
Yeah I saw the same thing as LP. It’s hard to set up I think. Maybe we can verify a sniper easily though
If we can do it, we should probably just do it. Would appreciate anyone who can figure out if something like that can be done.

Regarding Falcon, can you explain your read on him? My first instinct was town. If Gavial is mafia, I'm more suspicious though, as I think their interaction is particularly bad.
Tbh I’m good at reading falcon, have a good history of it, and expect people to just trust me. Falcon’s gotten better and less polarized though so they ought to trust me less
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Eod is either 4 eastern or 6 Eastern tomorrow
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:40 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:33 am When is eod? I'll make sure to be present.
You have my vote, it's in the poll :beer:
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:57 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:40 am
You have my vote, it's in the poll :beer:
Ok.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 451
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:17 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:30 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:24 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:20 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:13 am A few other short reads.

Sig has an odd posting style, but I've seen it from Town Sig and nothing stands out as an obvious Mafia tell at the moment.
Dolby is weird. Their either a really ballsy Mafia suggesting a D0 Massclaim or Town since Mafia are going to want to shy away from blatantly saying something that would benefit the Mafia a lot more than Town.
Seanzie I don't know about. On the one hand they jumped pretty quickly on the massclaim idea, but their posts seem to indicate an actual through process was going on and they eventually realized it probably hurts Town more than it helps.
Wiggly is Spy or Pyro, maybe a Spyro. Part of me wants to give him a Town pass just because Mafia hardclaiming immediately is not something I really see them wanting to do especially if they are claiming a protective role like Pyro.
Guillotine feels weird, they are just all over the place and I can't tell if they are fishing to see what people will latch onto and bandwagon with or just a quirky person.
Falcon is oddly very active this game which they were pretty inactive when I've seen them and they were Town and based on what Guillotine said earlier about Falcon's scum game I'd say this is probably going to end up flipping Mafia.
LC and Mac I'm both going to put in the category of I don't want to see an early game lynch of them, they are high prio Mafia kill targets I feel so they'll die off or be revealed as Mafia eventually be it through checking them or living a long time.
Im scum hunting, so you best believe i will be all over the place looking for answers, is that a problem for you?

There is something i dont understand.

First you say that im weird so im guessing you have me as a null cause you can't decide on your read of me but then in your falcon read, you take what i say and conclude that Falcon is mafia. Why would you take the word of your null read as basis to scum read someone else?

Now, THAT IS WEIRD
I don't remember saying I was a normal person, did I?

To be honest its mostly since I've only seen Town Falcon and he was flaky and avoiding talking.
While it may be naive to trust you in saying Falcon is very aggressive as Mafia it would line up with my experience and his current behavior.
I currently null read you because I'm unsure how to really interrupt your whole on and off Sig vote and haven't played with you.
Nah, i think you know im town and accidentally TMIed me as such.

[VOTE: Linear Point] aubergine

Scum

Sig
Dyslexicon
LinearPoint
Gavial?
Guillo. Bebe. Please.

It’s totally fine to factor in something someone said (you saying Falcon is aggressive as mafia) even if you null read that person. That’s not tmi or a contradiction or whatever. People don’t go around and doubt every bit of meta knowledge etc just because they don’t know other people’s alignment. Especially meta knowledge, which is verifiable.

You keep latching onto totally random null reasons and calling it a reason to call someone scum. I can’t stop you, but that is what it looks like.
What? You shitting me right?

So if i wolf read you without having meta of you but you townread someone based on meta and i go ahead and take that read to factor in as a townread of my own on that same player, it wouldnt be suspicious for you?

Come on now! You are better than this, in fact i expect you to be better than this and i will judge with higher standards than everyone else.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Judge you
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:24 am Sean is well within town range. He’s done several things I associate with town!Sean. I haven’t played with mafia!Sean, but I’ve read a game where he was mafia. @Lime Coke
If you want to describe why, it would be appreciated. If you want to keep a lid on it for reasons I'll try to take your word for what he is.
Again. Do you townread Dyslexicon? If not why would tou take his word for what it is?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:02 amWhat? You shitting me right?

So if i wolf read you without having meta of you but you townread someone based on meta and i go ahead and take that read to factor in as a townread of my own on that same player, it wouldnt be suspicious for you?

Come on now! You are better than this, in fact i expect you to be better than this and i will judge with higher standards than everyone else.
Your example is not at all what happened.
And to use the example you have here - It would depend on the situation. If you scum read me and see that I use meta to town read someone, you could assume that I was spewing them town and so you also town read them. I also wouldn't generally expect most anyone to blatantly lie about meta when several others also know the player in question. I don't know why this is a thing for you.

In any case, what you mentioned here isn't what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty normal to see someone else mention something that can confirm your view of the game, without actually knowing or having a firm opinion of this person's alignment. I do that all the time. Especially if it's meta related. Cause meta is independent of alignment. Falcon has the same meta, whether or not you randed town or mafia here.

This isn't even terribly important. You're allowed to think that this makes LP sure mafia, and I'm letting you know that I absolutely don't think it does and I think it's NAI for LP.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:52 am Guillo vs LP:

As far as I can understand, Guillo takes issue with LP using his comment about Falcon's meta to build suspicion on Falcon. According to Guillo, LP should not do this when LP null reads Guillo.

I understand the argument logically, but I think it's faulty.
LP agreed that he did use Guillo's statement, along with their own view of Falcon's meta. So Guillo's statement just built up around what LP was already thinking.
And taking a comment about meta on face value is totally normal, regardless of having a read on the person who's saying it or not.
It's not like mafia goes around randomly lying about people's meta on D1 for shits and giggles.
It's ridiculous to hold everyone to an expectations that they should distrust literally everything anyone says unless you town read them, and if you're not doing that, you have TMI.
And some of us doesn't go looking for things to distrust.
Some people are paranoid like that, which I think Guillo is (and for example Sean to a lesser degree), but I think most players aren't.

Regardless of LP's alignment, I think Guillo's point is faulty, so it doesn't convince me at all.

As for Guillo, I'm holding off a bit on having a read. I don't think he's out of town range, but I also don't remember well the differences among his town or scum game. I'm not agreeing much with the direction he has now, but that's also NAI.

LP is lean town for me. They are town if Gavial is mafia. I think they've talked mech from a town perspective (like if we are going to claim, we should do it later when info roles have some actual info), and looked at solutions to have the setup give town benefit. All their solving posts seems fine to me. I've never played with them, so I'd be interested if anyone has meta/opinions.
This is a load of crap my friend im sorry. You cannot tell me with a straight face that you’d believe the meta read of someone you have doubts on. Go back! LP was wishy washy about his read on me, calling me scummy from being all over the place when being all over the place pushing people is the towniest thing a townie can do, only scum would feel uncomfortable and actually threatened by a player looking for answers all over the place and then he says that it just may be my playstyle but in a way that felt like a discredit and less like a compliment.

And then after such treatment, he grabs my meta read onnfalcon, agrees with me and then says that Falcon is most likely to flip as scum? How did i earn such amount of trust from him in just one paragraph hmm?

No my friend.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:12 am

And to use the example you have here - It would depend on the situation. If you scum read me and see that I use meta to town read someone, you could assume that I was spewing them town and so you also town read them. I also wouldn't generally expect most anyone to blatantly lie about meta when several others also know the player in question. I don't know why this is a thing for you.

In any case, what you mentioned here isn't what happened. I'm just saying that it's pretty normal to see someone else mention something that can confirm your view of the game, without actually knowing or having a firm opinion of this person's alignment. I do that all the time. Especially if it's meta related. Cause meta is independent of alignment. Falcon has the same meta, whether or not you randed town or mafia here.

This isn't even terribly important. You're allowed to think that this makes LP sure mafia, and I'm letting you know that I absolutely don't think it does and I think it's NAI for LP.
Stop there Dyslexicon. What? Why wouldnt you lie about people’s meta as scum if the perception of a player’s neta can be different from player to player.

I can say that you bus your teammates as scum even though you never do and even if others know that you never do because guess what? I may have seen you bussing someone in a game where they didnt play.

LPs read on Falcon taking my read on on him at face value when he casted suspicion on me in the very same post is TMI and i will die on that hill, amigo.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LP lacks paranoia, lacks doubt etc. He just cant handle TMI in my opinion. Because if he expressed a townread on me, then it would be believable that he’d consider my meta read on falcon to support his own read, but that is not the case.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

@Lime Coke why are you avoiding me?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am

As far as I can understand, Guillo takes issue with LP using his comment about Falcon's meta to build suspicion on Falcon. According to Guillo, LP should not do this when LP null reads Guillo.

LP agreed that he did use Guillo's statement, along with their own view of Falcon's meta. So Guillo's statement just built up around what LP was already thinking.
And taking a comment about meta on face value is totally normal, regardless of having a read on the person who's saying it or not.
It's not like mafia goes around randomly lying about people's meta on D1 for shits and giggles.
It's ridiculous to hold everyone to an expectations that they should distrust literally everything anyone says unless you town read them, and if you're not doing that, you have TMI.
Some people are paranoid like that, which I think Guillo is (and for example Sean to a lesser degree), but I think most players aren't.

Regardless of LP's alignment, I think Guillo's point is faulty, so it doesn't convince me at all.

As for Guillo, I'm holding off a bit on having a read. I don't think he's out of town range, but I also don't remember well the differences among his town or scum game. I'm not agreeing much with the direction he has now, but that's also NAI.

LP is lean town for me. They are town if Gavial is mafia. I think they've talked mech from a town perspective (like if we are going to claim, we should do it later when info roles have some actual info), and looked at solutions to have the setup give town benefit. All their solving posts seems fine to me. I've never played with them, so I'd be interested if anyone has meta/opinions.
This is a load of crap my friend im sorry. You cannot tell me with a straight face that you’d believe the meta read of someone you have doubts on. Go back! LP was wishy washy about his read on me, calling me scummy from being all over the place when being all over the place pushing people is the towniest thing a townie can do, only scum would feel uncomfortable and actually threatened by a player looking for answers all over the place and then he says that it just may be my playstyle but in a way that felt like a discredit and less like a compliment.

And then after such treatment, he grabs my meta read onnfalcon, agrees with me and then says that Falcon is most likely to flip as scum? How did i earn such amount of trust from him in just one paragraph hmm?

No my friend.
This is exactly what I'm saying.
It's situational, of course, but there's no reason someone would just lie about a meta take for no reason, regardless of their alignment.
Now, I could read into why someone is bringing meta in at all, but that's another matter entirely.

I went back, and I don't believe LP called you scummy.
He also said that he didn't base his read on your piece of meta, but that the piece of meta supported what he already thought.

This may also be similar to your issue with Lime right now.
You can actually listen and take into account what other players are saying without being sure of their alignment. It's a way of cooperation.
It's also fine if you want to question these instances. But it's not even close a smoking gun, is my opinion.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

To be clear, I don't really have a strong opinion on LP tbh. And discussing what seems to be just different ways of thinking about the game with Guillo is probably not productive but oops.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:38 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am

No my friend.
This is exactly what I'm saying.
It's situational, of course, but there's no reason someone would just lie about a meta take for no reason, regardless of their alignment.
Now, I could read into why someone is bringing meta in at all, but that's another matter entirely.

I went back, and I don't believe LP called you scummy.
He also said that he didn't base his read on your piece of meta, but that the piece of meta supported what he already thought.

This may also be similar to your issue with Lime right now.
You can actually listen and take into account what other players are saying without being sure of their alignment. It's a way of cooperation.
It's also fine if you want to question these instances. But it's not even close a smoking gun, is my opinion.
LP said he had doubts on me because ive been all over he place and looked like i was looking to latch onto any bandwagon. That description fits scummy behavior, he didnt directly call me scummy for scum hunting but he paraphrased it.

Why are you not catching this? How many times have you read it?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:25 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:12 am

Stop there Dyslexicon. What? Why wouldnt you lie about people’s meta as scum if the perception of a player’s neta can be different from player to player.

I can say that you bus your teammates as scum even though you never do and even if others know that you never do because guess what? I may have seen you bussing someone in a game where they didnt play.

LPs read on Falcon taking my read on on him at face value when he casted suspicion on me in the very same post is TMI and i will die on that hill, amigo.
You can, most people just don't.
In fact, "meta" isn't usually something that is terribly different from player to player.
And you don't just gauge meta from what one person is saying. Like, if you're scum and lying about Falcon's meta because "haha I'm going to lie about Falcon's meta on D1 even though nobody asked about it, but I'm mafia so nefarious reasons lying hahaha", that is not end all be all to what Falcon's meta is. If people perceive what you say about Falcon to be incorrect, they will correct it. In this specific case, it seemed like LP thought what you had to say matched what he already knew of Falcon. So I don't see the problem with just that.

If I have issues with LP, it's that I don't love their apparent confident stance on Falcon or you, especially paired with a tone that is rather flat. I don't know them though. But I'd expect from you for example to be cock sure of some reads as town, but I wouldn't necessarily expect someone like LP to be (and "someone like LP" is just based on what little I can infer based on how they're playing right now).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:42 amLP said he had doubts on me because ive been all over he place and looked like i was looking to latch onto any bandwagon. That description fits scummy behavior, he didnt directly call me scummy for scum hunting but he paraphrased it.

1.5 times.
You know what, I'm all for you pressuring on LP. Go for it. I just got caught up in your general reasoning, which is super faulty imo.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can't wait to rand mafia only to go into start of D1 and blatantly lie about someone's meta and hope someone latches onto it and then do an evil laugh. Sounds fun tbh.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:47 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:42 amLP said he had doubts on me because ive been all over he place and looked like i was looking to latch onto any bandwagon. That description fits scummy behavior, he didnt directly call me scummy for scum hunting but he paraphrased it.

1.5 times.
You know what, I'm all for you pressuring on LP. Go for it. I just got caught up in your general reasoning, which is super faulty imo.
I caught a wolf in his second post in another game for the same faulty reasoning. So if you are town and i turn to be right, i’d suggest you to check on that.

What do you think of @sig ?

I think Gavial could be the designated mischop by scum and we are playing into scum’s hands by making him the lead wagon, even though i have my suspicions on Gavial, it cant be this easy to catch scum.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:50 am Can't wait to rand mafia only to go into start of D1 and blatantly lie about someone's meta and hope someone latches onto it and then do an evil laugh. Sounds fun tbh.
Ive done it. It’s fun to blatantly lie about anyone in people’s faces and get townread for it is what makes this game hilarious.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:58 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:47 am

1.5 times.
I caught a wolf in his second post in another game for the same faulty reasoning. So if you are town and i turn to be right, i’d suggest you to check on that.

What do you think of @sig ?

I think Gavial could be the designated mischop by scum and we are playing into scum’s hands by making him the lead wagon, even though i have my suspicions on Gavial, it cant be this easy to catch scum.
Sure, I will.

I do think a similar reasoning can be used for sure.
"Lacking paranoia" or "lacking curiosity" perhaps, is a better reasoning.

I probably just got too detail oriented.

I just played a game where we as town caught and chopped all four scum consecutively. I didn't play D1, but came in D2 with all three remaining mafia and nobody else in my PoE. It can be that easy. (To be fair, mafia didn't really do to hot that game). That game was filled with players who play a trust based/consensus based game though, which this game is not necessarily.

If @Gavial is town, I really hope he continues to give his takes and views on what's happening. I'm not at all married to Gavial as the chop today myself. Game has just begun.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:50 am Can't wait to rand mafia only to go into start of D1 and blatantly lie about someone's meta and hope someone latches onto it and then do an evil laugh. Sounds fun tbh.
Ive done it. It’s fun to blatantly lie about anyone in people’s faces and get townread for it is what makes this game hilarious.
See, that is where you differ from a lot of people. I know you would. But most wouldn't.

There's also a difference in how people are treating other players in the game, for example as "guilty until proven otherwise" or "innocent until proved otherwise" and everything in between, around and on the side.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh, and I don't really have thoughts on Sig either way.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:45 pm It’s a deal, Sig.

I was planning on being coy about my reads. But impatience.
:clap:

@DrWilgy wanna join the cultcore? It's like a pyramid scheme the sooner you get in the better it'll be for you.
Mrffh mhf. Mnphphphph!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think we are being wilginated.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 562

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:08 am
Gavial wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:59 am Guillo Hard Null.
You are yet to answer my questions, you have been deflecting and avoiding to commit to a read on any of those four people voting you, except me.

How come?
Too early.
I already made a read on Dizzy. :p
Don’t care about Nanook right now.
Marmot is weird but I give him time.
Lime Coke had bad push but that isn’t AI.

Stop discrediting me you silly wisher!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I haven’t deflected shit.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:30 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:24 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:20 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:13 am A few other short reads.

Sig has an odd posting style, but I've seen it from Town Sig and nothing stands out as an obvious Mafia tell at the moment.
Dolby is weird. Their either a really ballsy Mafia suggesting a D0 Massclaim or Town since Mafia are going to want to shy away from blatantly saying something that would benefit the Mafia a lot more than Town.
Seanzie I don't know about. On the one hand they jumped pretty quickly on the massclaim idea, but their posts seem to indicate an actual through process was going on and they eventually realized it probably hurts Town more than it helps.
Wiggly is Spy or Pyro, maybe a Spyro. Part of me wants to give him a Town pass just because Mafia hardclaiming immediately is not something I really see them wanting to do especially if they are claiming a protective role like Pyro.
Guillotine feels weird, they are just all over the place and I can't tell if they are fishing to see what people will latch onto and bandwagon with or just a quirky person.
Falcon is oddly very active this game which they were pretty inactive when I've seen them and they were Town and based on what Guillotine said earlier about Falcon's scum game I'd say this is probably going to end up flipping Mafia.
LC and Mac I'm both going to put in the category of I don't want to see an early game lynch of them, they are high prio Mafia kill targets I feel so they'll die off or be revealed as Mafia eventually be it through checking them or living a long time.
Im scum hunting, so you best believe i will be all over the place looking for answers, is that a problem for you?

There is something i dont understand.

First you say that im weird so im guessing you have me as a null cause you can't decide on your read of me but then in your falcon read, you take what i say and conclude that Falcon is mafia. Why would you take the word of your null read as basis to scum read someone else?

Now, THAT IS WEIRD
I don't remember saying I was a normal person, did I?

To be honest its mostly since I've only seen Town Falcon and he was flaky and avoiding talking.
While it may be naive to trust you in saying Falcon is very aggressive as Mafia it would line up with my experience and his current behavior.
I currently null read you because I'm unsure how to really interrupt your whole on and off Sig vote and haven't played with you.
Nah, i think you know im town and accidentally TMIed me as such.

[VOTE: Linear Point] aubergine

Scum

Sig
Dyslexicon
LinearPoint
Gavial?
Not gonna say I wolf read you here but when I voted Dizzy and you had the chance to you decided not to.

Which means that read could have easily been plopped their purposely and not legitimately.

So if either you or Dizzy is wolf I wouldn’t be surprised if the other is as well.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sabie has a post count tell and is bottom poster
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Just pointing that out
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:40 am You notice how I'm only town reading one person?
I presume everyone is possibly Mafia unless they give me a reason to believe otherwise.
Wiggly's blatant disregard for his own safety by claiming a protective role before day 1 even technically starts is the only thing I see not coming from Mafia. It's so completely reckless that he's very likely to be Town.
You may say you're scum hunting, but so far you've tunneled Sig for what seems to be no real reason and jump on Gav's wagon just to apply pressure to him only to quickly back off.
That is not really something I consider scum hunting. To me that looks like you were pushing a bandwagon only to realize that it might look bad for you and took the copout of needing to policy lynch Sig over Gavial.
LP Town.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:00 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:57 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:51 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:50 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:47 am You're also being contradictory here. Why post something about Falcon's scum meta in the first place?
At best you are shading him by saying he's scummy while active.
At worst you're just trying to setup a double mislynch by pussyfooting around calling him scum and trying to lynch me for actually committing to a meta scumread of him.
Neither of those are something Town should ever be doing.
Im giving everyone info on my experience with Falcon. MY EXPERIENCE.

Im sorry LP, you made a mistake and got caught, im sorry for your rand and that you had to wolf against me, better luck next time.
That's not answering the question.
If you don't want people to use info you give, why give it?
Dude. You null read me because you dont know me and you dont know if im latching onto bandwagons or im quirky and yet, you use my read on Falcon to determine that he will most likely flip Mafia. You are not just using my read on Falcon. You are producing a fake read on Falcon using mine.

YOU CAUGHT CAUGHT! LOL
Again you never made a read on faclon.
The only read you made was that he was Town because I'm Mafia.
I did not factor that into my read so saying that I based my read on your Town read of him is stupid. Evenmoreso when you realize that you only gave a read on Falcon after I made a read on Falcon.
As I said.

Guillo/Falcon/Sean contains 1 Wolf and 2 Town.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:13 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:08 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:02 am Stop twisting shit around. You use my info of my experience with falcon to produce a read on him, taking my word at face value, of someone you dont know.

You die!
This is true.
What is not true is you saying I was basing it off your Falcon read.
A read which you did not give.

Now that we finally have agreed on the facts we can go back to the main argument.
Falcon flaked really hard as Town and here he is being extremely active and this is very out of character of him.
Regardless of if you are blatantly lying about a scum game you had with him or not I cannot overlook this extreme change in behavior.
Sure I might be naive for trusting that you wouldn't lie about your past game experiences with him, but I am still basing it primarily of of the Town game I had with him. You sharing your experience only really reaffirms my believe that Falcon is being very out of character for him this game and that he will probably flip Mafia.

Since you've said that if I flip Mafia Falcon is guaranteed to be Town, what about the opposite? Do you think it's still TvS or is it TvT?
As far as I see it you're still dancing around the idea of actually giving a Falcon read so I want it now.
No, i give reads when im ready to give them not when someone demands them lol. For now im gonna spend the rest of the day pinpointing your scum teammates and Falcon is off the hook for your wolfy push on them.

Welcome to towncore Falcon.

(Inb4 LP was just distancing from Falcon lol)
Town Coring someone based on and only on another person that hasn’t even flipped is not a good look or move FYI.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Nothing was wrong with LP’s push.

Maybe there is 2 Wolves in Guillo/Falcon/Sean.
It might have been better to say at least 1 wolf in there rather then 2 of which are town.

Yeah I’ll go with at least 1 wolf.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

He hasn’t even stated an actual read on Falcon and probably didn’t care to.

Is this what people enjoy doing in mafia?
Is this what makes people happy?

Push and Remove someone and Town read someone for absolutely no reason. Just for fun?

My god, we have an objective to win people stop playing the Mafia’s.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

See my objective is to find and remove mafia.

No where in my Rolecard does it say “Stay Alive and Act Townie.”
IDGAF.

I follow my objective completely and your wrong if any of you have a problem with that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Guillo is more firm town to me now, specifically for caring about being right about LP. The way he wanted to prove himself and get cred for his process if he’s right.

This also speaks well for Sean imo, who quickly offered Guillo a hand already D0. So I like that.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Lime Coke wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:37 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:04 am LP is IC level town
+1
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:49 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:00 pm @Dyslexicon

Okay so, the one time I caught Seanzie as mafia on this site he literally did next to nothing and basically outed a "This isn't w/w" read, nearly anti-spew at rand.

Is that actually just his mafia game and him actually doing things makes him town, or is he less polarized than I think he is?
He’s less polarized than that.
But I still think he’s town.
I should point out why later.
Hmm
I’ll add Marmot as well.

Least 1 Wolf in Dizzy/Marmot/Lime Coke/Nanook as well.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Sabie] aubergine
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Remember this all:

Sean/Falcon/Gullio - Contains at least 1 Wolf.
Dizzy/Nanook/Lime Coke/Marmot - Contains at least 1 Wolf.
Dizzy/Gullio - One Wolf so is the other.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Wanna be MVP this game?
Remember these reads I have here for the entire game.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm [VOTE: Sabie] aubergine
I really don’t like Dizzy RN.

Return to “Previous Jobs”