Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 3

Post by Chris »

bea wrote:
Enrique wrote:@Hosts: Are Dalek/Cyberman #1's roles "Block a player nightly?"

Surprised we haven't got that one yet.

I don't do hangman's sorry. :( that's totally teefies bag baby....
Do you answer questions posed to the hosts in the thread?

:stare:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I thought we addressed this???

Chris wrote:
Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I specifically JUST SAID if someone wants to peg me as Daleks or Master, sure, but they'd be wrong. I'm not using anything as "proof" that I'm good. I'm not telling anyone to accept anything.

I'm saying:

Fact. I survived an NK from the Cybermen. I claim to know why I survived. Fact, no one else has done so. Therefore, I am less likely to be bad than anyone else right now.
I don't suppose you're going to share with us exactly how you survived, will you?

It's really easy to make a claim when you have no plans to back that claim up with any sort of proof.
This is my favorite post of MPs...

HOSTS: If the Cybermen targeted The Cyber Controller with their team kill before they were all dead, would he survive the kill attempt?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Thanks guys, so theres definitely been none of that. MR or someone neglecting their night powers.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

A little Dead to carry us through the night?

keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

MP, I agree with Jules. Don't be an all or nothing guy, just chillax for a bit. I still want to read your opinions, and I intend on voting for you in the next day phase so I don't want to hear any "I don't want to vote for MP while he isn't posting" crap! And on a serious off-topic note, don't let mafia ruin your PhD. Do what you gotta do.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

srrsly I thought we addressed how targeting players on your team would be - I thought that answer was No. Did I miss something here? Like really- you guys post like 11tybillion posts a second. Did I miss that?

I'm honestly asking - I'll go back and look to see if I have to - but you guys - It's night and I'm dealing with lots of stuff - so if someone else wants to go back and look and see if we have addressed it - it would be super rad. Because I really thought we did - and I thought the answer was no.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Chris does win a few kiss up points though. Shakedown is my fav dead song. :D *starts youtube*
keys56000000000
The Mark

Birdwithteeth said that technically, a team could target their own player and have it be foiled by a protection prize.

But the way he put it didn't fill me with confidence that it is at all likely to have happened.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

bea wrote:Chris does win a few kiss up points though. Shakedown is my fav dead song. :D *starts youtube*
Just as planned... :D

But seriously, if you look back at my posts from just an hour or so ago, I quoted it.

I asked if a team member can target someone from the same team and purposely have it fail. The answer was no.

But tonight I asked an entirely different question...

It's ok, I know the answer is yes.

;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Chris wrote:
bea wrote:Chris does win a few kiss up points though. Shakedown is my fav dead song. :D *starts youtube*

But seriously, if you look back at my posts from just an hour or so ago, I quoted it.

I asked if a team member can target someone from the same team and purposely have it fail. The answer was no.

;)

Ok. First of all. I don't understand how your second question is different from the first question you asked.

I know - I kinda asked for it by being a smartass on my night poll, but really.

I'm dealing with 111ty billion things. Please be clear in what you are asking. Because I didn't see the difference in the first thing asked and what you asked. And I want to be the best host I can be. So I am worried that you blanket assume my answer was yes when my answer was "I thought we addressed this question?"

Please explain it to me like I'm a drfunken 3 year old because well...it's my only day off in a 4 day string of crap and I want to be the best host I can be while I'm here.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Enrique wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Alright slowly catching up and trying to stay current.

A few thoughts on players.

Daisy seems genuine to me, I am leaning civvie here.

Enrique reads baddie to me, once again that's where my vote will probably go.

MP, I'm feeling pretty neutral about him right now. I'm not seeing anything baddie here, just pushy.

I am going to look into Epigs voters posts as well. I feel like there was a last minute push in his direction and I personally did not see why he was so suspicious. Last day is the last I need to completely catch up on so I feel like I am working with full info here.

Linki: Gotrees, how does it make him more suspicious? I might be missing something here.
I want BR to say stuff other than she's voting for me :ponder: This is the best I've been able to find.

BR, do you have anything to say about anyone else? Let's not leave it at "the Epig voters," be specific.
I'd like to hear BR's take on LC this game. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

I'd like to hear why she, like TH, feels Daisy is a civ? I have fine toothed Daisys posts, can't find role hints. I am at a loss.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

fingersplints wrote:
Enrique wrote:

MP, I'm feeling pretty neutral about him right now. I'm not seeing anything baddie here, just pushy.

I am going to look into Epigs voters posts as well. I feel like there was a last minute push in his direction and I personally did not see why he was so suspicious. Last day is the last I need to completely catch up on so I feel like I am working with full info here.

Linki: Gotrees, how does it make him more suspicious? I might be missing something here.
I want BR to say stuff other than she's voting for me :ponder: This is the best I've been able to find.

BR, do you have anything to say about anyone else? Let's not leave it at "the Epig voters," be specific.
Who happens to have been the first Epig voter. Yeah, I'd like to hear this as well.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Huh. So the first Epig voter is suspicion and the last Snow Dog voter is suspicious.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

RIP Snow Dog :( I'll have to have a look at went down at the end yesterday, because I didn't see that coming at all. Busy night and day :huh:

Just so I'm voting near the time the hosts want, I'm going with Chris :P I'll catch up later when I'm done (yet again) traveling out of town. This will be a trend in October (the traveling part).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

bea wrote:
Chris wrote:

;)

Ok. First of all. I don't understand how your second question is different from the first question you asked.

I'm dealing with 111ty billion things. Please be clear in what you are asking. Because I didn't see the difference in the first thing asked and what you asked. And I want to be the best host I can be. So I am worried that you blanket assume my answer was yes when my answer was "I thought we addressed this question?"

Please explain it to me like I'm a drfunken 3 year old because well...it's my only day off in a 4 day string of crap and I want to be the best host I can be while I'm here.
bea, in the first question, I asked it in a generic sense if a mafia team could target a teammate, and just fail the kill at will.

The answer was no, as in, if you target your teammate, they will die.

Now I'm asking, given that you'd die if your team targeted you, would The Cyber Controller die if his teammates targeted him for death? Given that his role states that he can't be night killed until everyone else in his team is dead, logic states that he'd live.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Some of you seem really hung up on the Epig lynch. I don't know what to tell you guys, he seemed sketchy enough to get lynched to me. Why aren't you guys as hung up on Jules/Snow Dog's lynches? Other than the fact that you voted for those two? :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

And I'll add, to the rest of the players following along, this proposed gambit of MP's all went down BEFORE Hedgie and co. deciphered that secret... when he would have thought that this little fact was safe...
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. So I have about 3 1/2 hours to read through over 30 PMs and catch up on 6 pages. Hopefully I am able to get the night post up on time, so I will do my best to be as timely as possible.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Chris wrote:
bea wrote:
Chris wrote:

;)

bea, in the first question, I asked it in a generic sense if a mafia team could target a teammate, and just fail the kill at will.

The answer was no, as in, if you target your teammate, they will die.

Now I'm asking, given that you'd die if your team targeted you, would The Cyber Controller die if his teammates targeted him for death? Given that his role states that he can't be night killed until everyone else in his team is dead, logic states that he'd live.
The cyber controller would not die if targeted by any night kill so long as he has teammates alive.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

keys56000000000 wrote:Some of you seem really hung up on the Epig lynch. I don't know what to tell you guys, he seemed sketchy enough to get lynched to me. Why aren't you guys as hung up on Jules/Snow Dog's lynches? Other than the fact that you voted for those two? :haha:
I voted for Epig myself, it's not about me, it's Black Rock herself who said she'd be looking at the Epig voters. So we're asking her specifically what she thinks of LC.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by Black Rock »

Enrique wrote:

Well, first off. I forgot to even bother with Epig voters. I know you would love for me to turn my attention elsewhere but it's not going to happen.

I have been trying to keep up with MP but he's killing me on length and amount. I figure he's a baddie who wants to lead the thread or a very excitable civvie. I disagree with a lot of his choices and some of what he's said. I'm hoping to have a better handle on my thoughts concerning MP soon.

TH is another sticky one for me. He's making a lot of sense to me, so he's probably baddie. When I think he's bad he's civ, when I trust him he's most likely bad. It's just the way it works. Now that I've mentioned him he'll likely NO U me. That's another way we work.

Be back for more after I finish catching up and pick up my daughter from work.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

That was unnecessarily aggressive :p Would you rather we let you play this game without offering any insight? I actually went through all your posts, out of which the only thing I could gather is that you think I'm bad and you vote for me every day (reminds me of someone..). And you said you think Daisy is good once. It's almost Day 4, let's get people talking and not be content with drive by voting.
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

fingersplints wrote:
Enrique wrote:

I hate these questions personally, but I'll answer. LC is still dedicated to his other game. He's doing better over here but until that game is over we will not have %100 LC in this game. If I had to lean one way on him I'm leaning more civvie. I don't find his vote on Epig suspicious. How was he supposed to know Epig would get railroaded after his vote? It was a surprise to me, so likely him as well.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Enrique wrote:That was unnecessarily aggressive :p Would you rather we let you play this game without offering any insight? I actually went through all your posts, out of which the only thing I could gather is that you think I'm bad and you vote for me every day (reminds me of someone..). And you said you think Daisy is good once. It's almost Day 4, let's get people talking and not be content with drive by voting.
I didn't think my post was aggressive at all.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 2

Post by Enrique »

Black Rock wrote:I have basically caught up right now. The one person who stood out to me the most was enrique. His posts read false to me. A few posts an amount of pages back kinda clinched it for me. My vote is likely going his way today.
Black Rock wrote:
Enrique wrote:My post explains why I think the way I do... we have a big list of civvies, a big list of Daleks, and a big list of Cybermen (and an indie role). There are 3 more players than there are roles, so we know there's some roles missing. It's just my interpretation, which I'm not trying to force on anyone, that the remaining roles are probably their own faction and not in any of the existing ones. Think about it. Why have "Dalek #1" and "Dalek #2" with secret powers instead of just naming one of then "Davros?"

Now what the hell are you smoking? I was away for a few minutes reading about the Time Lords, and tbh I really should be sleeping considering it's 5am and I have plans for noon. But Jesus Christ the reactions I get sometimes..

Ok so it's page 19, the back and forth between him and Zeek. It's not this post in particular but the whole exchange that felt off and false.

This is about all the content I could find from you. You understand why I would want you to say more, right? Every other post is about you catching up or simply stopping by to mention you're gonna vote for me. Best reason you've given is that you thought my exchange with zeek seemed fake to you, whatever that means.

linki- Well, he was one of six votes. I was another one of the six, and actually the first one to voice suspicion for Epig, which LC never really did before his vote. I'm not accusing LC of anything, I was just curious to hear your thoughts.

linki2- Aggressive in a Mafia way, dw everything's good, but I was kinda surprised I just reiterated a question splints asked and your post immediately went to "Of course you'd want me to talk about other people, you baddie!" :p
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Chris wrote: You've never heard of a mafia team targeting one of their own, in order to throw off suspicion?

Being targeted slightly clears a players. But not all that much IMO if you survive. I mean, that's like me buying a lottery ticket, not winning, but saying I almost won.

MP wasn't killed.

*HOSTS*

Can a mafia team target a member of their own team with a kill, and have it fail on purpose?
[/quote]
Yes.

As a side tangent, I've done it before when I was on an indy team. We targeted DP and blocked our kill on the same night, after he had survived a NK from both baddie teams as well. He got massive civvie cred for it and we ended up winning the game, in large part because of it. Well, that and recruiting Roxy, who was about as close to a confirmed civvie as anyone in that game was. :P
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Enrique wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I have basically caught up right now. The one person who stood out to me the most was enrique. His posts read false to me. A few posts an amount of pages back kinda clinched it for me. My vote is likely going his way today.
Black Rock wrote:
Enrique wrote:My post explains why I think the way I do... we have a big list of civvies, a big list of Daleks, and a big list of Cybermen (and an indie role). There are 3 more players than there are roles, so we know there's some roles missing. It's just my interpretation, which I'm not trying to force on anyone, that the remaining roles are probably their own faction and not in any of the existing ones. Think about it. Why have "Dalek #1" and "Dalek #2" with secret powers instead of just naming one of then "Davros?"

Now what the hell are you smoking? I was away for a few minutes reading about the Time Lords, and tbh I really should be sleeping considering it's 5am and I have plans for noon. But Jesus Christ the reactions I get sometimes..

Ok so it's page 19, the back and forth between him and Zeek. It's not this post in particular but the whole exchange that felt off and false.

This is about all the content I could find from you. You understand why I would want you to say more, right? Every other post is about you catching up or simply stopping by to mention you're gonna vote for me. Best reason you've given is that you thought my exchange with zeek seemed fake to you, whatever that means.

linki- Well, he was one of six votes. I was another one of the six, and actually the first one to voice suspicion for Epig, which LC never really did before his vote. I'm not accusing LC of anything, I was just curious to hear your thoughts.

linki2- Aggressive in a Mafia way, dw everything's good, but I was kinda surprised I just reiterated a question splints asked and your post immediately went to "Of course you'd want me to talk about other people, you baddie!" :p

What? Did I say you accused LC? I thought I was sharing my insight. I must read over my own post I guess, I don't remember mentioning you in my LC thoughts.

The other part was a joke, even though I think you're a baddie. I must use more smileys in my posts I guess.

Your responses to Zeek read false to me, not fake. It's a completely different concept. They did. Unfortunately for you when I think I have a baddie I won't let it go. We could lynch you tomorrow and release me from this suspicion. The way you approached his accusation was very telling to me.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Turnip Head wrote:
zeek wrote:Gets head for posting too much, <snip>.
Scandalous :eek:
I laughed hard enough at this that it's now part of my sig. :haha:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not saying you did... I was clearing that up myself... it's OK. :p

Nothing on anyone else then?
ImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

BR, Rico's subtle/not-so-subtle defending of MP has me feeling like he could be a teammate.

How do you feel about MP? And if you think he could be bad, do you think he and Rico could be teammates?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I think we're probably civ teammates. Image

But let's also not forget how close he came to getting me lynched on Day 1 :p I'm not hiding anything, my opinions are exactly the ones you see in this thread. I think MP is good so I feel OK with defending him. :lorab:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I voted for chris 3
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Enrique wrote:@Hosts: Are Dalek/Cyberman #1's roles "Block a player nightly?"

Surprised we haven't got that one yet.
I thought I had for some reason. I'll double check and make sure it's updated to that, though.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Wow seeing SD get lynched really sucks. It also suck about the +1 vote on all the civvies . I agree that we need to look and see if the SD votes were a save for Made or Hedge. I really don't understand the case on Hedge so I going to be looking over that to see if I can pick up on something. Also welcome back epig.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Enrique wrote:I'm not saying you did... I was clearing that up myself... it's OK. :p

Nothing on anyone else then?

Ok, cause I read over my posts and who I quoting and you had stated things that just didn't line up.

I haven't had a chance to think of anyone else at this moment as you have me focused on you. Which I don't mind at all. :slick:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Chris wrote:BR, Rico's subtle/not-so-subtle defending of MP has me feeling like he could be a teammate.

How do you feel about MP? And if you think he could be bad, do you think he and Rico could be teammates?
It would be crazy if they were. I think there is a possibility that MP is bad but I'm not sold on it yet. I am really having troubles keeping up and his posts I skip a lot and then I do a MP read when I get extra time.
Enrique wrote:I think we're probably civ teammates. Image

But let's also not forget how close he came to getting me lynched on Day 1 :p I'm not hiding anything, my opinions are exactly the ones you see in this thread. I think MP is good so I feel OK with defending him. :lorab:

You do not.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:I think we're probably civ teammates. Image

I would totally expect MP to suspect a teammate of his on Day 1.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

This is honestly based on so little that I don't know what to say. You're wrong?

linki- right Dom but the thing is I was NOTHING away from being lynched. I still have Epig and BR's guaranteed votes every day, and you never know who from the sabie/blooper/Eloh/Bass hardly active train is gonna hop on at any given day.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Enrique wrote:This is honestly based on so little that I don't know what to say. You're wrong?

linki- right Dom but the thing is I was NOTHING away from being lynched. I still have Epig and BR's guaranteed votes every day, and you never know who from the sabie/blooper/Eloh/Bass hardly active train is gonna hop on at any given day.
Sorry I don't know what I can do to be for active. I guess I can start getting civvies lynched like you have been doing will that be better.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sick burn :( But damn at least I'm trying.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Enrique wrote:Sick burn :( But damn at least I'm trying.
I mean thats what I'm doing. I said who I thought was bad . I gave my reasons sorry but this is how I play. Once I get a feel of how everyone is playing I will get more active.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Alex, not to speak for her, but let's just go with "she's leaning civvie." I think she's a civ too but I can't know if I'm right. It's too early to have any solid info on anyone. What she just said is super standard and I don't know why you'd be so quick to jump on her.

linki- Oh hi BR nice to see you!
I don't understand, how is "I do think he's a civvie" and "I have no idea if he's bad or not" the same?

And you know, I would have preferred she answered this and not you. ;) Deja vu much? :p
Epig how do you feel about this instance of "I would have preferred she answered?" Is it still a blatant baddie tactic in your books?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I mean thats what I'm doing. I said who I thought was bad . I gave my reasons sorry but this is how I play. Once I get a feel of how everyone is playing I will get more active.
Penny for your thoughts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Penny for your thoughts?
Thoughts on what?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Penny for your thoughts?
Thoughts on what?
Anything game related?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I participate when I can I'm just not around that often and when not much is going on I don't say much. This particular poll doesn't take much discussion. It's all the same thing. Made and enrique are still my suspects and I'm still not sure what to think of MP and his super long posts suspecting a bunch of different people. Not sure what went down with the Snow Dog thing. I didn't see anything suspicious there and was unsure as to why people really wanted to vote for them in the first place. I hadn't seen a lot of posts prior to that regarding them so I thought it was weird that all of the sudden a bunch of people moved to lynch a civvie. Also, wary of Epi coming back not sure what to think of that yet.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Chris wrote:And I'll add, to the rest of the players following along, this proposed gambit of MP's all went down BEFORE Hedgie and co. deciphered that secret... when he would have thought that this little fact was safe...
Ok, there are like 10 pages to since last night again. But what does this mean? I see that peope have been decoding, but what did i decipher?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Hedgeowl what do you think about what you HAVE read?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Alex, not to speak for her, but let's just go with "she's leaning civvie." I think she's a civ too but I can't know if I'm right. It's too early to have any solid info on anyone. What she just said is super standard and I don't know why you'd be so quick to jump on her.

linki- Oh hi BR nice to see you!
I don't understand, how is "I do think he's a civvie" and "I have no idea if he's bad or not" the same?

And you know, I would have preferred she answered this and not you. ;) Deja vu much? :p
Epig how do you feel about this instance of "I would have preferred she answered?" Is it still a blatant baddie tactic in your books?
What tactic- making fun of you?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”