Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 200

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:19 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 pm Mac's reasoning to townread falcon being bad is just wolf agenda. Like... yes my reasoning sucks but point it out, ignoring it and then pushing on Falcon just outs you and Dolby as the wolves.
If your reasoning sucks why would someone sheep it?
cuz I'm mac, nobody has strong reads and it's just a townread anyway in a world where you can easily sheep it and vote somewhere else

not doing so is just pro wolf
please reference 3 posts ago where i said that i think dolby is the optimal chop today
Alison > Dolby (163)

21% Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, alexa, Gira
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:14 pm Mac's reasoning to townread falcon being bad is just wolf agenda. Like... yes my reasoning sucks but point it out, ignoring it and then pushing on Falcon just outs you and Dolby as the wolves.
so fmpov as town, am i supposed to uncritically sheep your townread on falcon even though the reasoning is obviously incorrect?
what is incorrect about the reasoning?
you said that falcon is town because he lacks a wolf agenda. falcon entered the game with a POE of fingersplints/me and has been pushing on it for the entire time that he's been alive while AFKing from the thread. even in a world where falcon is a villager, his pushes in this game explicitly align with a wolf agenda, which makes the reasoning of: "falcon lacks a wolf agenda" obviously flawed
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:19 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:15 pm
If your reasoning sucks why would someone sheep it?
cuz I'm mac, nobody has strong reads and it's just a townread anyway in a world where you can easily sheep it and vote somewhere else

not doing so is just pro wolf
please reference 3 posts ago where i said that i think dolby is the optimal chop today
Alison > Dolby (163)

21% Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, alexa, Gira
tbh now im gonna wait until the EOD to vote for dolby just to be sassy
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

mac why do you townread me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:21 pm
so fmpov as town, am i supposed to uncritically sheep your townread on falcon even though the reasoning is obviously incorrect?
you said that falcon is town because he lacks a wolf agenda. falcon entered the game with a POE of fingersplints/me and has been pushing on it for the entire time that he's been alive while AFKing from the thread. even in a world where falcon is a villager, his pushes in this game explicitly align with a wolf agenda, which makes the reasoning of: "falcon lacks a wolf agenda" obviously flawed
I meant today specifically... he's not trying to win as mafia in any conceivable way
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:22 pm
I meant today specifically... he's not trying to win as mafia in any conceivable way
yes, and neither is dolby. i think that's because the scum team is outed and has given up on playing the game. that's not a good reason to townread him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:32 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:29 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:52 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:25 pm
Gira wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:24 pm i hate that i townread that post
why do you townread that post? i actually think that it's wolfy in conjunction with this:
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:21 pm

I do remember.

Nook, Mac, Alexa right off the top of my head have poor partner equity w/ Wilgy.

I have postulated that Wilgy, rather than scum push his partner like he did w/ Gav, might be more inclined to TR his partner.

I'm interested in SPF/fingersplints wagons ATM
falcon posting some vague and uncontroversial nonassociatives with wilgy and then saying "i'm interested in SPF/fingersplints" wagons feel like a pretty transparent attempt to powerwolf and push the game into the wrong direction, especially from the POV of knowing that im town. falcon hasnt interacted with any of my posts in this game and i dont believe that he actually scumreads me, and i think he might just be a wolf trying to keep a low presence and coast through as long as possible
Yeah, but I don't know you're Town & I think you could be Maf.

Howbowdat?
but i dont get the impression that youre genuinely trying to figure out my alignment, feels like you picked a name out of a hat to lazily coast on
That kinda sounds like a you problem?

I don't know what to tell ya. My read is real
is your read based on anything other than "gut"?

if the answer is no, then how am i supposed to know that your read is real?

and if the answer is yes, what else is your read based on?
You've had several posts re: player's having concrete reasons, or not their reasoning not being valid to you (I mean, you've just done it to me)...

That's one way for Wolves to appear solvey, while actually just discrediting players for reasons that are difficult to quantify...like, you've said my read on you isn't genuine. I guess that means you think I'm Maf?

The thing is tho, I'm not, and my read on you is real.
pushing on you is just townie for falcon

it's an ez read

there's no wolf falcon who thinks pushing town spf is a path to victory
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:23 pm
yes, and neither is dolby. i think that's because the scum team is outed and has given up on playing the game. that's not a good reason to townread him
I don't see how falcon is outed
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

SPF why am i your top townread?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

we've had 1 mafia chop how can you think the mafia team consider themselves outed? that's not a real thought...
staypositivefriend
Hitman

...really? there were four different players not named Falcon on the last page that expressed suspicion/paranoia against me. in a world where falcon is a wolf then it would be pretty logical from his point of view to park his vote on me and hope that people would eventually kill me out of paranoia
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 pm we've had 1 mafia chop how can you think the mafia team consider themselves outed? that's not a real thought...
Everyone else got spewed town and have reasons to be townread?
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 pm

the thread has been super stagnant and boring today, and of the people who have been posting, the majority of them have felt pretty towny to me. this indicates to me that the wolfteam is likely to be playing a more low-effort/demotivated game, which would align with dolby making a few scummy posts and dropping from the thread, and it would align with falcon playing very sparsely as well

im using the word "outed" hyperbolically, but i do think that dolby is more or less outed, and i doubt that his partner is in a good position right now
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 pm

the thread has been super stagnant and boring today, and of the people who have been posting, the majority of them have felt pretty towny to me. this indicates to me that the wolfteam is likely to be playing a more low-effort/demotivated game, which would align with dolby making a few scummy posts and dropping from the thread, and it would align with falcon playing very sparsely as well

im using the word "outed" hyperbolically, but i do think that dolby is more or less outed, and i doubt that his partner is in a good position right now
how is dolby "more or less outed"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

team is either dolby/spf or gira/falcon
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:24 pm SPF why am i your top townread?
lime coke is actually my top townread, but i think that youre probably town based on:

A. as a wolf, i think that it would be difficult for you to replicate the reaction you had to my "push" on you on d1. one of the main things that you struggle to fake as a wolf (IMO) is legitimate conviction, and your reaction to me on d1 was FILLED with conviction and frustration

B. one of the biggest ways youve formed reads in this game is by checking how other people are perceiving you (like youre doing right now, i suspect lol), and i think this is >rand town behavior for you as well. your reads have changed fluidly based on how people are reading you, whereas as a wolf ive noticed that your progressions feel less "random" and come off as more calculated

C. wilgy's treatment of you throughout d1 looked unaligned

honestly d1 of this game happened so long ago that i found this post difficult to write. it feels like it was part of a completely different game
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

If we don't kill Dolby today I'm gonna riot
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:45 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:20 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
why him?
zomg everyone's so towny

also his posts suck yet he has a lot of people townreading him for minor bad reasons which is >>>>rand wolf, and he hasn't answered my questioned about his dizzy read despite me pinging him multiple times
I saw one, and that was only because I re read. When in catch-up I'll often miss what was said while back reading until I get there.

At this point I'll take back my SPF wolf lean. The interactions between SPF and LC were good.

What did stick out was your slight town lean on Falcon. Talk to me about that one Alexa.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:37 pm
lime coke is actually my top townread, but i think that youre probably town based on:

A. as a wolf, i think that it would be difficult for you to replicate the reaction you had to my "push" on you on d1. one of the main things that you struggle to fake as a wolf (IMO) is legitimate conviction, and your reaction to me on d1 was FILLED with conviction and frustration

B. one of the biggest ways youve formed reads in this game is by checking how other people are perceiving you (like youre doing right now, i suspect lol), and i think this is >rand town behavior for you as well. your reads have changed fluidly based on how people are reading you, whereas as a wolf ive noticed that your progressions feel less "random" and come off as more calculated

honestly d1 of this game happened so long ago that i found this post difficult to write. it feels like it was part of a completely different game
that was a joke question but thank you (i say this without reading this but this is a long response so ik it's serious)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:37 pm If we don't kill Dolby today I'm gonna riot
what if we kill the other wolf and it's spf?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:37 pm If we don't kill Dolby today I'm gonna riot
what if we kill the other wolf and it's spf?
I'll riot quietly in my own corner
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

gira and Dolby are not w/w
spf and falcon are not w/w

2 of the wolves are in these four

ez clap
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:38 pm

that was a joke question but thank you (i say this without reading this but this is a long response so ik it's serious)
i kinda scumread the FILLED being in all caps for some reason
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 pm

how is dolby "more or less outed"
he had a good amount of WIM throughout d1 and seemed eager to dialogue with people (or was it d2? who knows), but today he entered the thread by making a series of overly vague and generic catch-up posts, and then dipped from the thread entirely. i think that the posts he made today, in conjunction with him dipping from the thread, comes from a wolf like >80% of the time
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I believe nook is spewed clear from d1

alexa and Lime Coke are also

I suppose tsp might be mafia getting cleared for bad reasons but maybe not I dunno
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Is there anything that anyone wants to say in terms of final reads or final say? Seems like we're closing in on a yeet that's pretty concrete.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

can it be gira/Dolby?

maybe ... who cares if so
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

can someone post a list of all players for me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:39 pm

honestly i capitalize random words a lot more often as mafia than i do as town. it's a good way to look like there's conviction behind your words even if youre saying gibberish

maybe i am mafia
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Mac town LC town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

just dunno why falcon wouldn't vote Dolby if falcon is mafia and Dolby is town

like Dolby flipping town clears Falcon I think

and probably means it's just falcon/gira
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:42 pm just dunno why falcon wouldn't vote Dolby if falcon is mafia and Dolby is town

like Dolby flipping town clears Falcon I think

and probably means it's just falcon/gira
spf/gira
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:41 pm can someone post a list of all players for me
Alexa
Alison/Dolby
Esooa/CRich/TSP
Falcon
Gira
Lime Coke
Mac
Nanook
SPF
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:41 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:39 pm

honestly i capitalize random words a lot more often as mafia than i do as town. it's a good way to look like there's conviction behind your words even if youre saying gibberish

maybe i am mafia
[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:41 pm can it be gira/Dolby?

maybe ... who cares if so
im going to say "yes" based solely on the fact that i didnt like how he scumread me on the last page
staypositivefriend
Hitman

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
staypositivefriend
Hitman

podracing
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Alexa
Esooa/CRich/TSP
Lime Coke
Mac
Nanook

Alison/Dolby
Falcon
Gira
SPF

---bottom group POE, top group town
staypositivefriend
Hitman

why am i in your POE??? havent you been townreading me for the majority of this game?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

[VOTE: dolby] aubergine
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 pm why am i in your POE??? havent you been townreading me for the majority of this game?
townleaned but the stakes have gotten higher
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

the top ppl im like 100% on being town, nook like 95%
staypositivefriend
Hitman

how many votes are required for hammer, btw?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:46 pm how many votes are required for hammer, btw?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke
Alexa
Esooa/CRich/TSP
Mac
Nanook

SPF
Gira
Falcon
Dolby
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 pm why am i in your POE??? havent you been townreading me for the majority of this game?
it's ok, this will be yet another game where i am on the outskirts of almost everyones POE but i inexplicably end up surviving for the entire game. u cant kill a goddess
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 pm Lime Coke
Alexa
Esooa/CRich/TSP
Mac
Nanook

SPF
Gira
Falcon
Dolby
tfw we have the same reads' list
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm naked
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:45 pm
it's ok, this will be yet another game where i am on the outskirts of almost everyones POE but i inexplicably end up surviving for the entire game. u cant kill a goddess
this is kind of towny ego ngl
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:48 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:47 pm Lime Coke
Alexa
Esooa/CRich/TSP
Mac
Nanook