GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by LinearPoint »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:31 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:05 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:51 am
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 pm Mac's entrance is unimpressive. He remains firmly in my suspect pool.

@LinearPoint What is your opinion on my Creature case? You've been very absorbed with the alexa/nutella stuff. I'd like your view on other parts of the game.
OK, lets start from the top and break this down then.
Spoiler: show
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 pm Here is my case on Creature.

All of Creature's posts so far can be divided into one of three categories: useless fluff, attempting to derpclear himself for silly reasons, and "flame fanning".

Category 1: Useless Fluff
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:22 pm Why does the game always start when I'm the most low energy?
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 pm Wow this got intense so quick
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 pm Is this game by any chance bastard? I didn't check before joining
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:11 pmWho is Neeko?
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:12 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:11 pm
I think you are.
I'm not mafia and this makes your push on me even more annoying
These posts go beyond the usual RVS horsing around (although we are well out of RVS now). These are posts that show a clear lack of interest in the progression of the game. His questions are flat, shallow, and in many cases could have been easily answered by glancing at the OP. He is more interested in looking like he is around and engaging with the game than actually being around and engaging with the game. He had a ripe opportunity to engage with me about my push on him, and he responded by going "I'm not mafia, I'm annoyed now, go away". I don't get the sense that he cares whether or not I am town misreading him or scum trying to get him killed, and this is especially concerning because in my last scum game I tried to get him killed early on.
First thought is that fluff posts in RVS are pretty much always NAI. There is a pretty common thread in the posts that suggests a person who just doesn't want to play meaning they got a role they disliked. This I don't really see as Mafia and is more likely a 3rd Party who doesn't need to worry about screwing over their team or a player who is Town and just got a bad role. You have a point about the backoff "i'm not Mafia" line, but that alone I wouldn't consider enough to warrant saying Creature is Mafia especially when I think the lack of interest in the game would be unlikely to come from Mafia.
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 pm Category 2: Attempting to derpclear himself for silly reasons
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:51 pm I want the guilty on nutella to be legit
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:34 pm Is soup kill a thing?
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:49 pm Would much rather just be mafia in bastard games
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 pm Wait I think the existence of a mafia captain should almost clear me from ever being picked as mafia this game
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:07 pm Unless you want to argue that I'm 3p here? But would be better to seek for the seven mafia first.
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:15 pm If I was mafia captain I would choose players tbh even if it is not mechanically optimal. I would much rather have an enjoyable team to play with.
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:15 pm I know I'd never be picked by the mafia captain if they chose players over roles
Creature makes an excessive number of posts attempting to insinuate that he is town, or in some way get people to "angleshoot" him as being town due to his lack of knowledge about the game mechanics or the inner workings of the mafia ("is there a soup kill?"). But a town Creature who genuinely wanted to know would just check the OP; asking in thread serves no purpose except to try to get people to falsely read him as town. He is aware that he struggles to gain the trust of the town when he is mafia, and he is cheaply attempting to earn this towncred through derptells and "townslips".

Take note that he is trying to convince the game repeatedly that the mafia captain chose players rather than roles. If he is town, he has no reason to believe that the mafia captain chose players over roles. I, personally, have reason to believe that the mafia captain chose roles. I think nutella is much townier than her scum self would be, and as I have argued, a town nutella implies a town Alexa. I know I am town, and I do not think a mafia captain who picked players would pass over both me and Alexa. So this attempt to convince the town - with no evidence whatsoever - that the mafia captain picked players reeks of agenda-pushing to me.

Finally, I want to highlight this line: "Unless you want to argue that I'm 3p here? But would be better to seek for the seven mafia first." Nobody has accused him of being 3P. It comes completely out of the blue, and reads almost as though he is self-aware of his own scumminess and is trying to hang a lampshade of it. I don't think it's a line that would flow naturally from a townie's mouth.
This makes sense. But a lot of people right now are pushing their own opinions on what the Captain chose. Neeko does believe some Mafia will be trying to push the opposite of their choice, but right now everyone is guilty of doing so. It's also hard to tell real derptells from fake derptells. To Neeko this reads more of a 3rd Party than Mafia overall. Neeko did point out when Creature made the post about being a 3rd Party that they seem like a 3rd Party with that post, but right now 3rd Party is just not a big concern imo. Creature also doesn't seem to be distancing from anyone or buddying with anyone so Mafia seems a bit unlikely.
Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:37 pm Category 3: Flame Fanning
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 pm lol if nutella is salty alexa caught her n0
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:07 pm lol if the alexa/nutella w/w theory is right
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:18 pm
112 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 pm early take is that Seanzie is probably wolfing imo
Thought I was the only one seeing it
LinearPoint has been accused of fanning the flames. I think Creature is even more guilty of this sin. In his ISO of 19 posts (at the time I wrote this case), Creature utters provocative lines, egging on the suspicions of townies towards each other, three separate times. They are quoted in the spoilers above. Note that he first eggs on the "Alexa has a red check on nutella" narrative, then switches to "Alexa and nutella are wolves together". These narratives are contradictory. Creature does not have an opinion of his own; he just encourages whatever happens to be the prevailing opinion or thread sentiment at the time. This is strongly opportunistic, and this opportunism is exemplified even further by his agreement with 112 that Seanzie is wolfing. How is Seanzie being wolfy? Why has he not brought up this scumread on Seanzie before, if he thought he was the only one seeing it? In fact, if he thinks Seanzie is a wolf and fooling everyone except him, why would he keep quiet about it until someone else brings it up, at which point he eagerly jumps on the bandwagon? Answer: because he is nakedly taking advantage of 112's suspicion to push Seanzie.

At no point does he contribute to the conversation. He does not add evidence to support any narrative. He does not refute the evidence or points that others have brought up. He does not, in fact, engage with the theories and accusations that have been thrown around the thread. He merely fuels the fire with provocative one-liners and moves on without explaining them.
OK, admittedly was a bit jaded being falsely accused fanning the flames for jumping to conclusions with Alexa v Nutella to just write off this part, so Neeko will give it a serious read.
A lot of this makes sense for Creature being scum, so Neeko can see where you are coming from. It's not really giving reads and more a lot of just agreeing with hot takes which are shots in the dark from townies trying to scum hunt.
Neeko'll also provide another look into Creature since she had to review his posts for this and might as well.

overall they continued a lot of what you (Alison) pointed out.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:41 am Is Scotty a good wolf?
This one is another just questioning someone's credibility by probbing others to look into their meta.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:42 am
alexa wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:40 am
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:38 am

I think only Sloonei and Paopan can be wolves here aorn
why?

ftr i am least confident on guillo here but i think linear is probably a wolf
LinearPoint is at that limbo where I think their actions are more likely to come from town but lots of players are saying they're wolf and I'm afraid of being the wrong one here
This personally doesn't feel right. A lot of people have given varying reasons for scum reading Neeko, while Neeko disagrees that any of them are remotely grounded in reality, having no opinion seems a bit odd. Neeko doesn't really like in gneeral when people don't read her as it reads like someone trying to balance between if they want to go for the easy wagon or avoid it with the knowledge it'll not be a red flip.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:21 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 am Is there a red on nutella too? I really did miss a lot.
alexa seems to have info on nutella's role that seems wolf-indicative for the latter but not conclusive.
This is basically just echoing Neeko's read on the Alexa V Nutella, but also not commiting to either side, probably after seeing the backlash Neeko got for the opinion that Alexa V Nutella was Mafia.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:21 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 am
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:13 am Also I maintain being provocative is something I do as town to the feel over players' alignment based on their responses. Looks like unnecessary attention for me to do as wolf.
Mmm defense of “I do this as town” no bueno
It's just that the "fanning the flames" thing can just be town being provocative just like this case. I honestly felt the same about DrWilgy last game when they started asking me useless questions and bugging me into responding them which I thought was wolfy but in reality they were being provocative.
Lastly, this is just blatantly saying they were trying to fan the flames and get people to scum read others without doing so themselves.
Neeko will say she doesn't like Creature. You can read the spoiler for quotes and thoughts on quotes.
Create is probably either a 3rd party who doesn't have partners to spew, or is mafia actively avoiding forming reads on any player to avoid spewing.
I feel pocketed by this post.
You can't pocket someone whose scum reading you silly.
Besides at no point did Neeko say you were Town, though there is a townlean for the record.
"I feel pocketed by this post" just means "I townread this post, even though I scumread you earlier".
Oh that is not how Neeko interrupted that in the slightest.
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:18 am
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:16 am
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:15 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:13 am Do you have TMI that the captain drafted players Mac?
no I didn't think drafting roles was a thing until someone pointed it out
Pretty sure that was pointed out. A lot.
that sure would have helped those people who read those posts ay
How did you read the stuff about drafting players without also reading the stuff about drafting roles? A lot of the debate early on was on whether or not the captain drafted players or roles.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

[VOTE: EnderWiggin] aubergine
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:25 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:23 am
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:54 am paopan was very towny then alexa made up some bs and half the game spewed paopan town in response
This is like that game where we lost as mafia together, and Alexa is Seanzie and Paopan is Fext.
And you are... you? and Mac is... Mac?
For that to be true we'd have to be pushing Paopan, which we aren't.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Also it's worth noting Mafia absolutely partook in the speculation of who each player would pick for their Mafia team.
Neeko, however, doesn't know everyone's meta to actually be able to interrupt the information provided into anything useful.
The one thing Neeko can be certain of is the fact people aren't really bringing up choosing roles that much that that's probably what happened.
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 am @Alison do you have a read on me?
Nope.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 354
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:29 am But Neeko doesn't think Creature and Ender are both scum.
Ender was pretty quick to jump on Creature wagon which Neeko is pretty sure scum would at least give a post explaining their bussing attempt.
They just kind of voted creature even after the initial push from Alison died off. Doesn't seem very SvS.
Think ender is worse atp
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:34 am
Nope.
I'm pretty prickly though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Not totally confident though

Like if he's actually town he's sandbagging though so
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Remember when I was like "Creature has spent all these posts being useless, let's vote him out", and everyone was like "noooo you can't Creature is useless every game!"

Now Ender is useless. And he is a solving machine when he is townie. Do the math.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am
Nope.
Where?
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

If I was captain I would definitely pick players over roles, and I wouldn’t draft alexa since everyone would expect me to pick her so I’d keep her town and never NK her and then if I ever flip wolf people will see she’s still alive and instantly policy her even if she’s being obvtown. Wolf captain seems like such a fun role I wish I got it tbh
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am
Nope.
Where?
All over the place.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marmot still worst iso in the game but ender is close
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am Remember when I was like "Creature has spent all these posts being useless, let's vote him out", and everyone was like "noooo you can't Creature is useless every game!"

Now Ender is useless. And he is a solving machine when he is townie. Do the math.
The funny part is where you've been wolf with me and I've acted my solving out.

I'm not going to lie, though, my effort this game has been very low and mostly for trolling. I'm not even mad if y'all vote me.

Just pay attention to my reads aye?
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Alison

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am If I was captain I would definitely pick players over roles, and I wouldn’t draft alexa since everyone would expect me to pick her so I’d keep her town and never NK her and then if I ever flip wolf people will see she’s still alive and instantly policy her even if she’s being obvtown. Wolf captain seems like such a fun role I wish I got it tbh
Wouldn't your whole plan be ruined if she was a PR that could prove herself? Like, she vig shots a mafia, or red checks someone, claims the action, and then she's cleared? Sure, you get to soup her later, but you'll have kept her alive for a needlessly long amount of time and lost a great teammate.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am
Nope.
Where?
All over the place.
I don't think so. You haven't been appeasy either though. You've just been there. You're not a huge priority for me to sort.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Forgot to say this earlier but Nutella is probs town
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 am Remember when I was like "Creature has spent all these posts being useless, let's vote him out", and everyone was like "noooo you can't Creature is useless every game!"

I'm not going to lie, though, my effort this game has been very low and mostly for trolling. I'm not even mad if y'all vote me.

I am saying that when you are town, you are solvey. You are not solvey.

I understand you can fake being solvey as wolf. But the simplest explanation to you not being solvey is still that you are wolf.
Alison

Post by Alison »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 am Forgot to say this earlier but Nutella is probs town
Yep.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:37 am
ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am If I was captain I would definitely pick players over roles, and I wouldn’t draft alexa since everyone would expect me to pick her so I’d keep her town and never NK her and then if I ever flip wolf people will see she’s still alive and instantly policy her even if she’s being obvtown. Wolf captain seems like such a fun role I wish I got it tbh
Wouldn't your whole plan be ruined if she was a PR that could prove herself? Like, she vig shots a mafia, or red checks someone, claims the action, and then she's cleared? Sure, you get to soup her later, but you'll have kept her alive for a needlessly long amount of time and lost a great teammate.
If Alexa is a pr she outs herself by d1 literallt every single time
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Reads such as?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am Marmot still worst iso in the game but ender is close
Does Marmot not usually forgo reading?
Neeko thought that's what Marmot did and that seems to be the pattern in Marmot iso.
Pretty much identical so far to Team Fortress Mafia where Marmot was Town.
ImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Even when we were a hydra and I told Alexa we should be scummy and hide so we don’t get n1d she kept softing all over the place we were vigi
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Nope.
Where?
All over the place.
I don't think so. You haven't been appeasy either though. You've just been there. You're not a huge priority for me to sort.
Ngl kinda feel like you don't want to commit to a read on me because I used you committing to a read on me against you last game.

Also, I've gotten better at figuring out your alignment based on how you respond to me asking you why you think I'm town.

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:38 am

I understand you can fake being solvey as wolf. But the simplest explanation to you not being solvey is still that you are wolf.
I mean the simplest explanation is that I have plowed my last fuck and I don't care about this D1. But if you have spare fucks to trade I'm not against it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am Marmot still worst iso in the game but ender is close
Neeko thought that's what Marmot did and that seems to be the pattern in Marmot iso.
Ehh I guess but the response to Alison's case was extraordinarily bad.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I think all the trolly people are >rand town

Sloonei
Ender etc

7 scum feels very little and I think they’d be trying harder to be blending in and looking solvey, doing stuff a traditional town is expected to do etc
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 am
Yeah that is True.
Honestly still not sure what marmot meant by Alison spewing a lot of Townies.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 am

I mean the simplest explanation is that I have plowed my last fuck and I don't care about this D1. But if you have spare fucks to trade I'm not against it.
Ya' see, I might buy this... if it wasn't for the fact that your posts haven't struck me as actually relaxed and not giving a fuck. They've struck me as wanting to look like you're relaxed and not giving a fuck. the "look like" part is a very subtle, but crucial difference here.

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 am
Nope.
Where?
All over the place.
Ngl kinda feel like you don't want to commit to a read on me because I used you committing to a read on me against you last game.

Also, I've gotten better at figuring out your alignment based on how you respond to me asking you why you think I'm town.
You have an overinflated ego.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 am

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Pao wolfy if Alexa is town.

Mac town.

Alison not knowing how to read people having fun.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

ilario kinda scummy. Also kinda towny tho.

Dizzy wolfy (I didn't say this but I thought it.)

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 am
It's not that bad. I could see the "Alison is slipping" stuff as being a reaction test.

I have Marmot as a question mark. I don't feel strongly about him.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:42 am I think all the trolly people are >rand town

Sloonei
Ender etc

7 scum feels very little and I think they’d be trying harder to be blending in and looking solvey, doing stuff a traditional town is expected to do etc
I think for a large number of players, 7 scum will feel like a ton. Like sure, numbers wise it is not, but I have never wolfed with 6 other people before.

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:42 am

Ya' see, I might buy this... if it wasn't for the fact that your posts haven't struck me as actually relaxed and not giving a fuck. They've struck me as wanting to look like you're relaxed and not giving a fuck. the "look like" part is a very subtle, but crucial difference here.
That's like, your opinion, dude.
Alison

Post by Alison »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 am

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Mac town.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
"Pao wolfy if Alexa is town" is a read that comes from mafia a lot more often than it comes from town in this position.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Mac town.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
lol this is towny even if i disagree with alot of it
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:40 am

Nope.
Where?
All over the place.

You have an overinflated ego.
I don't necessarily disagree with this assessment, but it does not make the things I said in my post false.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 am

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Mac town.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
What is townie about it?

ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am
ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:42 am I think all the trolly people are >rand town

Sloonei
Ender etc

I think for a large number of players, 7 scum will feel like a ton. Like sure, numbers wise it is not, but I have never wolfed with 6 other people before.
I have, you just bus the people that catch heat early on and then chill. Which is my way of saying you shouldn’t clear someone for getting a pelt if they’re not objectively towny or have other things in their favour too
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:42 am

That's like, your opinion, dude.
You got me there. It is my opinion.

EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Mac town.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
"Pao wolfy if Alexa is town" is a read that comes from mafia a lot more often than it comes from town in this position.
I'm not sure how to laugh at this derisively without being rude tbh.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

That Dizzy read from Ender seems out of place. Dizzy basically said hi and left for the night.
Neeko didn't even realize Dizzy posted until Ender scum read them.
Everything else is a maybe understandable, but Dizzy said like 5 posts.
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei
Ender etc

In my experience in massive games with scum teams that have a large absolute size but a small relative size, the scum team tends to slank. The game is big; it's hard to keep up with the game, and hard to keep up the pretense of being town over so many pages. A lot of their power is reliant on their role use, not their thread domination. They most likely have a couple of hardworking teammates who will do the thread control job for them. (Kind of like how group projects always have a couple of people do all the work while everyone else sits on their ass.) The whole "bastard role madness" thing promotes a more casual, "I don't care if I win, I'm just here to goof around and have fun" vibe.

Sources: 2020 Hydra Mash, Shadow Corridors, 2020 GOC
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:47 am That Dizzy read from Ender seems out of place. Dizzy basically said hi and left for the night.
I mean, arguably the dizzy read is one of the better reads.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:46 am
ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 am

Reads such as?
You town.

Alexa kinda wolfy.

Linear .4 wolfy.

Mac town.

HK town.

Seanzie in a "IDK" land

Marmot scummy.

Sabie town.

TSP wolfish.
What is townie about it?
Very unique perspective to the game. Completely wild
Reads list like these are pretty towny this early on because mafia don’t wanna commit to too many wtf reads and then risky getting outed when they’re asked to justify them but have nothing to say.
Also there has never been a single game where I’ve been town and tr’ing Alexa and the first person to wolfread us both is scum. It’s always a townie who does that, who is overeager in trying to catch us. Now that this read is out of the bag I will never give anyone else towncred for it in the future.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:47 am That Dizzy read from Ender seems out of place. Dizzy basically said hi and left for the night.
Dizzy slanking until pressure is put on him is kinda rand!scum for him tho.

Welcome to my latest episode of "Bad Meta-cine."
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

ilario wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:46 am
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 am

Sloonei
Ender etc

I have, you just bus the people that catch heat early on and then chill. Which is my way of saying you shouldn’t clear someone for getting a pelt if they’re not objectively towny or have other things in their favour too
That's a good point. However, mine might be as well. Your original assessment might apply to players like you, but I'd guess at least half, and probably more than half of the players in this game are like me and have not wolfed with 7 people, so they probably feel like they have a lot of wolf mates in thread. As such, I don't think you can discount scummy play just because people more experienced with these larger games would be tryharding.

Granted, I'm not sure about people like Sloonei and Ender, would not be surprised if they have wolfed in big-ish games like this before. Still think Ender's vibe does not match their posts though.

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:45 am I don't necessarily disagree with this assessment, but it does not make the things I said in my post false.
There are 31 players in this game. I do not have a strong read on 19 of them. I think you are reading too much into being one of those 19 players. Also, I don't believe that you're better able to tell my alignment based on me telling you why I townread you. This is because the last time I told you why I townread you, you came to a false conclusion about my alignment (at least for that day phase).
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Neeko doesn't know Dizzy meta so idk man. Guess if you're going with the whol eidea of someone slanking by hoping to keep a low profile as Mafia.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”