GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Now he’s walking around punching the air
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Get vaccinated folks
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:11 am Vote: jpic possibly wolf here
Are we thunderdoming
Spoiler: show
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 37

Post by sig »

Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:28 am
sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am And probably not catching up today., oops.

Have army junk all weekend + moving made me semi forget this game.
If you are town, make sure to make 5 or more posts, or else scum can kill you off for free.
First town read right here.
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Yes belzy is obvious town
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Guess I just overslept
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Belzy wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:39 am I feel like Axhole is relatively coasting, despite the 53 posts, and I am still waiting to read why HK should be killed according to him.
[VOTE: NotAnAxehole] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 am Anyway, I finished reading Alison's case on Creature.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine for slipping and spewing multiple other players town.
I tried reading marmot since saw he flipped not much there tbh.

This is the only post that stands out.

On hand I’d say maybe this implicates creature since that was the case but not sure.

Either way I’d say Allison is looking good
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Alison wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:06 pm Hard claiming Gambit Demon from Shadow Corridors. It's a little modified from the original version but still keeps the spirit of it. Here's the basic rundown.

- I offer a permanent ability to someone at night. abilities are: track, roleblock, silence (can't speak during next day), disenfranchise (can't vote during next day), give a post restriction, thieving (steal the abilities of who you voted for), protecting, bus driving

- If my offer is accepting, they gain the ability, but I can choose one of two options: either all night actions cast on me get redirected to them the next night OR all votes cast on me get redirected to them the next day.

- I fulfil my win condition if the number of people who I've bargained with exceed the number of people who haven't.

I'm gonna offer the same deal that I proposed in shadow corridors. Y'all come up with consensus town and I'll offer powers to them. In exchange I get a free win, you get free power roles, everyone profits.

FAQ
- how do we know you aren't tricking us into some horrible fate???
take it on trust, host read that they aren't going to have a 3P nuke half the game in GOC, whatever. In Shadow Corridors I proposed some tactics to guard against 3P betrayal, you can try those. Yes I know I was mafia that game but my tactics were legit.

- what if the mafia soupkills you???
imagine being a coward and soupkilling the gambit demon instead of trying to go deep and get the power offered to you instead

- how do we know you're not mafia pretending to be a 3P???
my plan is pretty clearly laid out to give me a free win while also helping the town out. I fully intend to have "auto" from post 1 and will be putting in close to 0 effort to solve or influence the game from this point on. It doesn't make much strategical sense for me to do that if I'm mafia, especially since it will become too obvious that I'm lying about being 3P as the game goes on.

- how do we know you won't side with the mafia after you win like the original Gambit Demon did???
Long Con sided with mafia because he was sentimental and wanted to root for the underdog. I am not sentimental. Siding with the mafia after the town gave me my win is pointless. I have already gotten my win; putting in extra effort is not only meaningless, it actively compromises my ability to make further deals in this vein when I roll 3P in the future. It's strictly suboptimal to do that, so you can be pretty sure I won't do it.

make sure to @ me if you want to tell me who your consensus town to bargain is or have any questions/comments, since I won't be reading the thread closely.

Didn’t you screw town over last time you had this role?
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Dyslexicon »

LinearPoint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:25 pm Neeko doesn't know many here so Neeko doesn't know who would be good pick. Nutella sounds tasty though, so Neeko would have picked that. Yum.
LinearPoint wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:34 pm
Urist wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 pm You should out nutella's role so that she gets souped if town
lol what? The fuck does that even mean?
This is the alleged slip that Urist pointed out, the accusation being that LP feigned ignorance about the soup kill. I don't really think going off of slips like this yields the best results, cause I've seen a lot of town miss stuff or assume stuff and it being seen as a slip. I think actual slips are very rare. However, LP is later claiming that they did read the OP, but that Nanook must have edited it. I don't know if this happened, but it seems a bit unlikely? Why not just say that you missed the part about the soup kill instead of "No, it changed"? Maybe this has more to do with LP's personality than anything. I could see LP trying to feign ignorance here, but I don't think that is a slam dunk thing at all.

But reading through LP's iso, I just end up with very mixed feelings. I've only played one game day with them before, but they were obvious town to me in that game. This game, I don't get the same feeling. At the same time, there's actually a lot of content and analysis to read. A lot of the analysis doesn't really make sense to me, but that was the same as last game. What I think may be different is that last game they eventually became very town leader-y and sorted people pretty aggressively and had much more impact overall. I wish I had a more firm take here, but I don't. If others have more experience with LP, please share.
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:36 am Marmot still worst iso in the game but ender is close
Does Marmot not usually forgo reading?
Neeko thought that's what Marmot did and that seems to be the pattern in Marmot iso.
Pretty much identical so far to Team Fortress Mafia where Marmot was Town.
There's also this, which is the only thing LP has posted about Marmot. This being the only thing in their iso when there's a lot of content isn't great in itself.

And ther's been a lot of discussion around LP, and if they're mafia there might be a lot of anti-alignments to draw from it. I could see them being mafia here, so I'm not opposed to chopping them.

Would also like to know where LP is at with reads/sorting right now.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay I’m real quick throwing out town reads for sabie/TSP was just mafia with them and posts are a bit different sabie will be more clear in a few days if mafia for sure
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I did civ read her but then saw her role claim. Third party roles aren’t great especially when they claim to help town but like don’t need to.

Sure she may be town sided now but with 7 mafia members it could easily flip on us
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

There is no way that claim is serious lol
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:30 pm Mfw Sig doesn't have a wagon yet

:mad:

C'mon it's D1 of the GoC people. Get your priorities straight.
Literally lol
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am There is no way that claim is serious lol
I’ve read only snippets so if she renegaded oops I’m not aware, chances are extremely low honestly, statistically, but like why not believe her?

If we say it’s accurate it isn’t a role I want around and we know it’s not town so won’t hurt our numbers.

Usually I’m not a big 3P hunter still not, but right now seems like a smart move
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

If it’s real im just never playing mafia again because of emotional trauma
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

Somewhere in TSP/Dizzy/MR/LP/Wilgy there's some mafia.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also unironically the Sig anti-Alison feels like a fake derptell but maybe I'm just uncharitable.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also @Phil and Gloria

If it was migraine and not being drunk, does that count? Because migraine meds also say "don't drive".
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also I like starting my posts with "also"
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also Nutella/Mac/Alison are hard town.

Belzy/ilario are soft town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature's ISO. There's a bunch of stuff that I don't like in the start of the iso, particularly surrounding the Alexa/Nut dynamic. I also don't like the almost focus on derping, both around soup claim and saying he wouldn't get drafted. That said
Creature wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:11 pm I expect to be consensus townread somewhere by the end of the day
I quite like this, and I think it's something scum are unlikely to say in general.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:11 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:09 am except for the point about his low energy.
Do I look low energy now?
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:21 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 am Is there a red on nutella too? I really did miss a lot.
alexa seems to have info on nutella's role that seems wolf-indicative for the latter but not conclusive.
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:33 pm Do we just lynch Marmot?
Creature wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 pm I have no idea why Marmot flipped their vote from me to Alison over the same case
These are the only interactions/mentions of Marmot. I don't find myself having much to say about it, other than it's not clearing.

I hate that I don't have more to say about this. I feel like LP/Creature is probably not w/w as they've had quite a bit of focus on each other and interaction as far as I've seen. Also, might seem contradictory, but I feel like if Creature is mafia, Poapon might be as well. They have some pretty weird interaction, like how Creature says they don't know Poapan like they wouldn't care about them, and then goes on caring about them a lot. Saying they are fine chopping them, but they are probably town, is something I could see Creature do as mafia as a oh so weird wifom play.

I don't know Creature very well play wise. Overall a lot of meh, possible weird stuff, but with a few posts also that sounded more genuine.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Going over ISOs only to get more unclear about people. I love that for me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:46 am What you all think about Dizzy? I honestly don't know how to independently read them but I feel like there's that slight confidence vibe indicating they might be a hit just like there was that same confidence vibe on Marmot.
Also what does this mean?
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also I forgot but Alexa also gets to be town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Me and Guillo being top wagons is not quite ideal imo
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Also Dizzy if you could pick another wagon who would it be? Top 3 scum let's say.

I might join you while I'm tired and awake at 2am
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

sig, that alison role claim came after MR fake claimed it in thread. it's almost always a meme and not real
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Not really gonna have time to play much today before EoD.

Shoot TSP. Maybe Dizzy.

Guillo is a fine wagon. Not like a strong case, but a few pingy things, plus I thought Dizzy's read on Guillo felt teammatey, and so if I'm right on Dizzy, Guillo gets worse.

Mac could still be scum, don't like how quickly he AtE'd on me. He got me to back off him somewhat last game by AtEing, and I guess I wouldn't put it past him to do it as town to get me off him either, but I think he would be more willing to engage and try to get me to find him, and less just trying to get me to back off him. Plus some other stuff but meh things can't always be said. So... wagon? shot? Sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 148
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am Me and Guillo being top wagons is not quite ideal imo
Lol, this is not the read that I said Dizzy/Guillo looked teamed from. Good timing though. It was the flowery wording read. Didn't like that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:41 am There is no way that claim is serious lol
I’ve read only snippets so if she renegaded oops I’m not aware, chances are extremely low honestly, statistically, but like why not believe her?

If we say it’s accurate it isn’t a role I want around and we know it’s not town so won’t hurt our numbers.

Usually I’m not a big 3P hunter still not, but right now seems like a smart move
EnderWiggin wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:58 am Also unironically the Sig anti-Alison feels like a fake derptell but maybe I'm just uncharitable.
I guess I was kind of thinking that and that it's an easy place to throw a vote. I mean it was not a real claim so that's not a reason to vote alison. Unless you have other reasons to suspect alison, sig?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

[VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine
Paopan
The Mark
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: Paopan
Aka: God of ICT

Post by Paopan »

Might not be around eod.
Gonna go for Creature.

Guillo claims day vig, in which may shoot scum so I won't place my vote on his slot.

Dizzy on the other hand has alot of traction already. Didn't really want to join since the train seems to be driven by meta reads which I am not familiar with.
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Alexa currently has a bullet to shoot today.
No one is claiming the KZA shot.
If no shot was gone through before EoD

Alexa is scum
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

BoKnows wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:09 am [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine
[VOTE: BoKnows] aubergine

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Progression cases are bad.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

That's his first post back? I call bull.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

I havent read the last 23 pages except for Marmot's flip last night.

What's up
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

I'm not sure why I'm casing him lmao it's not like my job is to convince people
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:22 am I havent read the last 23 pages except for Marmot's flip last night.

What's up
alexa, Sean and I all have guns
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

didnt one of the dead villagers who was shot go after bo and that shot wasnt claimed?
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Bing chilling

Alexa/Ilario might be deepwolfing
Didn't like Sig's entrance
Didn't meld with Mac and 112
Maf Capt. would probably pick LHF like Wigly
I'm overthinking on day 1
Good stuffs
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Just realized how easyyy it is to post when you're using a phone 🕊️ Good UI btw
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

EnderWiggin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:04 pm Why the hell would you chose me for your wolf team.
Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but if mafia actually chose teams, I could see this as a perspective slip, and that would be kind of funny.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:00 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:20 am Anyway, I finished reading Alison's case on Creature.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine for slipping and spewing multiple other players town.
This has more fur than a wooly mammoth.
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:19 am
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 am Let's just chop marmot lmaoooooo
Marmot chops make the world go round. (I support this idea)
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 am Thought about it and I actually kinda think this more than Pao rn:

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Ender calls out Marmot and eventually votes there, but I don't find that clearing. He was not the first one to call out Marmot. This is kind of the thing though, I don't think mafia pushing on Marmot would be weird at all. I wouldn't even be surprised if Marmot asked people to do it, but that is obviously just speculation. In any case, the wagon didn't run its course, because Dya shot Marmot. I do town read Nut, and I think Mac is probably town now as well. Beyond that, Ender plays in a trolly way, but it just feels kind of uneasy to me still. It's just a vibe, but I don't really like it. Hate his vote on me now too. I just don't like the whole thing.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:23 am
Guillotine wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:22 am I havent read the last 23 pages except for Marmot's flip last night.

What's up
alexa, Sean and I all have guns
How lucky! I want a gun too!
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:11 am Vote: jpic possibly wolf here
Are we thunderdoming
sure idk
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I was wondering about all the guillo votes and I just looked through gullio's iso and he claimed night vig not day vig. Saying he doesn't care about the soup kill. Perhaps a false claim to get someone to counterclaim? He does seem to be trying to figure out other people's roles. Did that kind of with the alexa/nutella situation.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Paopan
The Mark

Post by Paopan »

Paopan wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:18 am Alexa currently has a bullet to shoot today.
No one is claiming the KZA and Scotty shoot???
If no shot has gone through before EoD

Alexa is scum
Up
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:09 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am Me and Guillo being top wagons is not quite ideal imo
Lol, this is not the read that I said Dizzy/Guillo looked teamed from. Good timing though. It was the flowery wording read. Didn't like that.
Seab, bebe, angel of my life. If I'm town, will you please refrain from making reads on me on D1s in the future? Sincerely, your ghost of Christmas future.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:42 am

Sig no
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Im gonna play this like a mash because there is no way im reading all of that.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”