Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 5

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote: Thank you for your response!!
Glad, as always, to oblige my friends and neighbors. :noble:

What shows are you going to see?
If/Then
Curious Incident of the Dog In The Nighttime
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Very very excited to see Andrew Rannell's last performance in Hedwig. <3

Very nice result.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted Vulcan until I do some research.
I'll get to work on my nightly planet summaries as soon as I finish my RL work.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Curious Incident of the Dog In The Nighttime
There's a stage show of that?

Does a stage show even make sense for that?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

You're going to see Hedwig!!!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!!!!!!! I <3 NPH. I saw the movie version of Hedwig. That's a heckofa story right there. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:

It's garnered a lot of praise and many Olivers in London. Just opened on Broadway on the 5th.

Bea! I am! NPH currently is not in it, though. Sad, but still great!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It's garnered a lot of praise and many Olivers in London. Just opened on Broadway on the 5th.

I wanted to see Hedwig when we were in NYC but we missed NPH by about a week. :( Should still be great though. And you'll still get to see Idina Menzel in If/Then though, so I'm super jealous. Have fun!
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I wanted to see Hedwig when we were in NYC but we missed NPH by about a week. :( Should still be great though. And you'll still get to see Idina Menzel in If/Then though, so I'm super jealous. Have fun!
Thank you! <3 I saved a lot on tickets too, very proud of myself
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 5

Post by Elohcin »

nice result! I picked new savannah just because.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Yay for getting a baddie, and on the projected team, too.

Nice job, guys.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Well done everyone!

I think you played really well Enrique. See you soon.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Wasn't sure what to expect - but I kinda expected this bc Epi said as much.

Epi your turn next. :)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Voted Darillium
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:Wasn't sure what to expect - but I kinda expected this bc Epi said as much.

You planning on lynching him?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:Wasn't sure what to expect - but I kinda expected this bc Epi said as much.

You planning on lynching him?
All by herself!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I don't understand why you're saying this.

I'm voting Poosh.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

A: Does anyone have any info on the poll choices?

B: Where do I find the latest progress on the hangmans? I feel like working on them...
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Chris wrote:B: Where do I find the latest progress on the hangmans? I feel like working on them...
At my house, but they're pretty much solved. :p
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

HOSTS: In Jenny and Madame's secrets, the first word has a second letter of a capital "T".

Is that correct?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hey guys sorry for the disappearance. Trying to get over a sickness. :coffee3: blech. RIP Enrique. I figured you were bad. I'm going to vote Vulcan because I am a Star Trek fan. Not sure if they have anything to do with each other, but that's my vote.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I decoded a decent chunk of Rico's (Dalek Sec) role.

Here's what I've go so far: (Top section is host confirmed portion, bottom are my guesses in CAPILTALS) I put them in large font because it's easier to see the spaces and such.

-- ---e--e ta--et- a -e--e- -- ---- tea- w-t- a ----t a-t---, --- -a- ------t a -a----- e--e---e-t -- t-e-. A ---- -- t-e- t---e-. -- -ea--, t-e ----t a-t--- --e- --t---- a-- --- ---- a ---- a-a--. -- ta---, --t---- -a--e--. -- t-e ---- -a--- -ea-- -- t-e -e---- ----, t-at --a-e- w--- --t -e a--e t- e--e-t--e-- ta--et ---- tea- -- a-- -a- (--t---e -- ----- --te-) --- t-e -e-a---e- -- t-e -a-e. -- ta---, t-e ----t a-t--- -t--- --e- --t----, --t t-e-e a-e -- -t--- e--e-t-.

IF ---e--e taRGetS a MeMBeR OF ---- teaM wItH a NIGHt aCtION, YOU CaN CONDUCt a -a----- eXPeRIMeNt ON tHeM. A ---- -- t-e- t---e-. IF -ea--, tHe NIGHt aCtION --e- --t---- a-- --- ---- a ---- a-a--. IF ta---, --t---- -a--e--. -- t-e ---- -a--- -ea-- -- t-e -e---- ----, tHat --a-e- w--- --t -e a--e t- e--e-t--e-- taRGet ---- teaM -- a-- -a- (--t---e -- ----- --te-) --- tHe -e-a---e- -- tHe SaMe(?). IF ta---, tHe NIGHt aCtION StILL --e- --t----, BUt tHeRe aRe NO OtHER eFFeCtS.

LINKI @ Sabie: Rest in peace Enrique?? He was evil.... :confused:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

IF someeone taRGetS a MeMBeR OF your teaM wItH a NIGHt aCtION, YOU CaN CONDUCt a -a----- eXPeRIMeNt ON tHeM.

?
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Darillium

This picture is fanart because the planet was never actually pictured in the show. Credit to mikazukirisa.deviantart.com

PSA: River Song plot spoilers for this planet.

Darillium was the last place the eleventh Doctor took River Song before she would go on to "die" with the Tenth doctor in The Library.

As quoted from the wiki:
Darillium was the location of the Singing Towers. The Eleventh Doctor took River Song to see these towers the last time she saw him before she went to the Library and met the Tenth Doctor. She told the Doctor in the Library that "the last time I saw you - the real you, the future you, I mean - you turned up on my doorstep with a new haircut and a suit. You took me to Darillium to see the Singing Towers. What a night that was. The towers sang and you cried. You wouldn't tell me why, but I suppose you knew it was time. My time. Time to come to the Library.
Sounds rather romantic.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Darillium

---------------------------------------------

Midnight

Midnight was a resort planet, made up almost entirely of diamonds. It was colonized by humans, but the planet had no air, so the humans had to live in airtight structures which were dropped onto the planet from space. When the Doctor visited this planet with Donna Noble, he discovered that some other creature was capable of living on the barren planet. This creature "infected" one of the passengers on the Doctor's tour bus. When the Doctor tried to talk to her, she would just repeat whatever he said. As he spoke more and more, she started repeating things faster and faster until eventually, she was saying them before the Doctor was. The Doctor was now infected. He could only repeat things said by others. All hell basically broke loose, and people wanted to throw the Doctor off the shuttle bus and to his death, but eventually the original infected lady was thrown out by a nice hostess, and the problem was solved.

Interesting note: this was the episode in which the Doctor first learned about the lost moon of Poosh (see below). Rose Tyler also briefly appears on a tv screen, but the Doctor does not notice. Both Rose and the moon of Poosh would make an appearance later in the series.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Midnight

New Savannah

Not much to say here, other than that this planet was the home of a species of cat-people that came to distrust (and in extreme cases, kill) humans:
Circa 4,999,999,740, Catkind lived on the planet New Savannah. They were a primitive people at the time, and their natural resources were running low. The New Earth Empire came to New Savannah, and brought it and Catkind into the empire. They agreed to give the Cats autonomy until the year 5,000,000,000, when control would be given to the New Earth Empire. Within fifty years, Catkind had reached the same level of technology as the humans, and Catkind grew to distrust them. In order to avert a potential war, they left the Earth empire cities, which were then covered by empathic force fields, stopping any Cats from returning. Myths would spring up about these Cats, specifically about them being angry spirits.

In the intervening centuries, a cult sprang up to to oppose human influence. With the help of Bubastion, they destroyed the headquarters of Vedela Defense Systems, which controlled the force fields around the city. At the stroke of midnight at the start of 5,000,000,000, the forcefields were shut down and gigantic robots, disguised as undead Catkind, entered to the city. Unfortunately, Bubastion had programmed them to attack everyone, intending to use New Savannah for his own purposes. When Garrard Townsend, a member of the cult, learned they were being used, he turned the force fields back on and deactivated the robots.
Most of that story comes from comics (which I haven't read).

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/New_Savannah

Poosh

A planet which has nice swimming pools. The Doctor would like to retire either on Poosh or in Paris.

At some point, one of its moons disappeared. This came to be known as the lost moon of Poosh. Turns out it was taken by the Daleks, and they planned to blow it up, along with 26 other planets (along with Colm, one of the options of a previous night poll). Luckily the Doctor saved the day before that could happen.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Poosh

Stormcage (Stormcage Containment Facility)

PSA: River Song plot spoilers for this planet.
Stormcage Containment Facility was a prison in the 52nd century of the highest security. River Song was a prisoner there and a frequent escapee, but always returned as her part of the charade to make the Silence think she actually killed the Doctor at Lake Silencio.

Though the staff were able to keep most of the prisoners in their cells, they failed endlessly with River Song. However, as she always returned after a breakout, they might have eventually given up on trying to stop her and left her to her own agenda.
It is located on a planet which is in a constant storm, and high-tech facial recognition cameras and trained guards help to keep the facility secure. Although not specifically confirmed in canon, it is believed by some that this entire planet is just a massive, unpleasant prison.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Stormcage_ ... t_Facility

Vulcan (not the Spock one)

Planet colonized by humans for resources. Some guy found Daleks on it. The Daleks tried to kill the humans but barely failed. The Daleks who survived were deemed insane by the other Daleks and were sent to the Asylum of the Daleks.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan_(Th ... he_Daleks)

Commentary

Pardon the short descriptions for the last few, I really must sleep. I think I summed up the important stuff though.

For the same reasons my commentary will be sort of brief:

Both Darillium and Stormcage are definitely linked with River. Don't know if she'd get some sort of benefit or power for going there or what. Between the two, Stormcage might be a better choice. I was thinking that Stormcage represents "hellos" while Darillium represents "goodbye." Idk about you guys but I don't want to say goodbye to River Song just yet.

I would avoid Poosh and Vulcan entirely because of the Dalek connotations. Even if Poosh is allegedly a nice place to retire.

Midnight was a pretty scary episode because the mind parasite thing turned the good humans against each other--scaring them into making baseless accusations and ultimately almost killing the Doctor. Sounds like most of this game so far. Don't want to go there.

New Savannah would be a nice place for cat lovers. (Dana, bea: looking at you). I think cats are pretty cool so I think I'll stick my vote there for now. Hopefully it's not a trap. Only the radical cat cultists resorted to killing humans, and even then they stopped once they realized they were also killing their fellow cats. Might change it to one of the River Song options when I can think more clearly.

It's 2AM my time, but my internet died just after I loaded the Vulcan wiki page, so I guess I'll save this all to Word and try to post it in the morning.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Your... :derp:

And the last part, I thought "random", but it doesn't fit. :ponder:

LINKI: Thank you Gotrees!
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Bam! Finally got a mafioso! Who are Enri's teammates? Dana? MP? Was Zeek or Made one? I think it's likely. I have some ideas of who wasn't his teammate, i.e. those who wouldn't let him go as a suspect, like Black Rock, SVS and Epig2. Does that mean those players are civs? Could be the opposing mafia team got a handle on their rivals. I reckon one of Henry's main inquisitors is a Cyberjerk.

Doctor, I've given up on you.

Hope you're having a good time in New York, Dom. Manhattan is like crack to me, can hear it calling..
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Thanks again Gotrees for the info. Now that I know something about these planets I see that Vulcan was a poor choice. Too bad spock doesn't live there sighhhhhh. I don't think we would want to go there. I will go with the first one. Sounds safe enough.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm so glad to hear you're interested in mafia again Enrique RIP to you, but BIH to your character in the game. I'm happy that we got one in a lynch!

Thank you Gotrees for the description of the planets, it is so helpful when choosing. Don't worry about River Song though, she is dead. Juliets 1.0 was River Song.

Chris as for the hangmen for the bad characters they are decoded except for a word or two. I suggest looking at the most up to date iterations and working on what the missing words are (at least I don't think those words have been solved yet). There are just a few. Mostly the hangmen are done. I have tried but can't get what's missing because I'm just no good at it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:

I don't understand why you're saying this.
Roxy believes I am a Cyberman. She is under the impression that I am on a team that role checks and that I had info about Enrique and Made. I posted (what I believe to be) an adequate refutation of this notion, which she dismissed as "WIFOM." She also claimed that I named Enrique's role.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Juliets, I was hoping that someone had that on hand, and I wasn't going to have to go looking for them.

I'd love to know what the experiments did...
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epi - you could just say you aren't a robot for the lie detector, like zeek suggested but you didn't why?

Besides your refutation was not adequate - and if you are civ you would know "adequate " just doesn't cut it. give the lie detector something to check....

Chris check metalmarshs post he has been the only one lately working on them.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I have a bit of time here in between working on assignments, and I've been working on them way too long, so I wanted to craft a response.

Re: Dana, since people asked for clarification: I am confident that she is civvie this game. Even though I don’t know her super well just yet, I have interacted with her enough inside and outside of mafia to believe that she would be acting incredibly differently if she were baddie, and that she is generally really horrible at withholding the truth (I would say ask DH, Enrique, and Made for corroboration here, since they know her better than I do, but the first isn’t playing and the latter two are baddies, so...). I definitely believe her defenses of Made and Enrique, while misguided, were genuine, because she saw hardly any reason to think either of her friends were bad at the junctions of the game where she issued her opinions. I additionally believe this because of the way Enrique casually and even intensely defended me and Dana all throughout the game for logical reasons, then near the end when he knew he was an inevitable lynch, turned around and said he agreed with us and defended us all game because we were on the same page, when that is simply not the case (anyone remember how Dana and I had a back and forth regarding Enrique, or how I attacked Enrique and disagreed with him vehemently about Epig? for just two examples). Consequently, the push by MM to look at Dana which he has been trying to accomplish for some time convinces me further of this (but I will examine this further when I go back to look at MM's posts). Dana's attempts to discern baddie and civvie behavior this game, as well as her decoding, have struck me as absolutely genuine. Additionally, her absence is not uncharacteristic; I believe she is keeping busy with college and in addition she seems she can sometimes be shy but other times is not afraid to say on her mind, and as it applies to mafia I think it just depends on if she feels she can contribute. Anyone who wants proof should refer to Monty Python, where in the midpoint of the game for a significant period of time, she became very quiet, and when things slowed down, she fluctuated back to being active, and actually took the leading role for a few cycles, until her unexpected death. She was a civvie there. Consequently, she has given me no reason to believe she is baddie whatsoever and I believe examining her for baddie behavior is definitively misguided. Hope this helps.

I know I was not saving Made, and I incredibly strongly believe Dana was not. MM very well could have been, and I think he was. Enrique obviously was. Gotrees IDK but my eye is on him.

S~V~S, first, I have a question for you: What do you think of Roxy? Second, let me repeat: Your suspicion of me is ironic. Just think about that. Please reconsider. Your gut is wrong about me. You were right in your gut about me earlier on, and just because I believed Snow Dog to be bad doesn’t make me bad (nor Dana, for that matter). It means I was wrong. Seriously think about how it was to be on my team in WWE and all the countless games you’ve seen me play as a baddie and ask yourself if I would vote the way I did on D3 and D4 if I were Made’s teammate. If anyone was trying to save Made on D3, it was Enrique, MM, and maybe Gotrees. Enrique should be evident now that we know his role and how he voted on D4.

Seriously, think about this and ask yourself when I would ever defend a teammate like this. Never. THEN consider that I survived a kill attempt by the Cybermen so I cannot be on that team.

And if you doubt it, lynch me. I still feel conflicted about it, but at least you’d all learn something valuable.

I don't have the time until tonight, but I am pretty sure at that time I will be finally able to set aside some time to thoroughly go through MM's posts, and I've been wanting to for a while, so I will be doing so. I have mentioned throughout the game that some of his posts have bugged me, and his interactions with Enrique and Made right up until the end make me think he's the strongest lead we have right now for a Dalek teammate, though even if he's not I think he could be bad regardless. Thus, I feel he needs to be fairly examined, and I understand why he feels the way he does because no formal, comprehensive case has been brought. So if my analysis of his posts later tonight agrees with my nagging thoughts of him (or not), then you'll certainly be hearing from me about it sometime tonight either way, when I'm less busy.

Linki: Chris, try going through Dana's or Metalmarsh's posts. The most updated decoding for the baddie roles should be in either of those posts, I think. Looks like Rox beat me to it.

Linki: Rox, what do you think of MM?

See you folks later.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dalek Sec wrote:If someone targets a member of your team with a night action, you can conduct a -a----- experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action --e- --t---- and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (--t---e -- ----- --te-) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action stops --e- --t----, but there are no other effects.
Here's what I had as of the beginning of Day 5 Chris.

And while I have made progress on some civvie roles, I have no intention of revealing those at this moment.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

A: ?

B: does not work

C: ?

D: The Night action still does not work

So far... maybe it will help someone else get A & C...
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:A: ?

B: does not work

C: ?

D: The Night action still does not work

So far... maybe it will help someone else get A & C...
If someone targets a member of your team with a night action, you can conduct a -a----- experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action does not work and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (--t---e -- ----- --te-) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action still does not work, but there are no other effects.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Chris wrote:A: Does anyone have any info on the poll choices?
:ponder:

:shrug:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Chris wrote:HOSTS: In Jenny and Madame's secrets, the first word has a second letter of a capital "T".

Is that correct?
That is correct, yes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I have a bit of time here in between working on assignments, and I've been working on them way too long, so I wanted to craft a response.

Re: Dana, since people asked for clarification: I am confident that she is civvie this game. Even though I don’t know her super well just yet, I have interacted with her enough inside and outside of mafia to believe that she would be acting incredibly differently if she were baddie, and that she is generally really horrible at withholding the truth (I would say ask DH, Enrique, and Made for corroboration here, since they know her better than I do, but the first isn’t playing and the latter two are baddies, so...).
Well, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly bad because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I definitely believe her defenses of Made and Enrique, while misguided, were genuine, because she saw hardly any reason to think either of her friends were bad at the junctions of the game where she issued her opinions. I additionally believe this because of the way Enrique casually and even intensely defended me and Dana all throughout the game for logical reasons, then near the end when he knew he was an inevitable lynch, turned around and said he agreed with us and defended us all game because we were on the same page, when that is simply not the case (anyone remember how Dana and I had a back and forth regarding Enrique, or how I attacked Enrique and disagreed with him vehemently about Epig? for just two examples). Consequently, the push by MM to look at Dana which he has been trying to accomplish for some time convinces me further of this (but I will examine this further when I go back to look at MM's posts).
But he didn't do that MP. I reread Enrique's posts

Dana's attempts to discern baddie and civvie behavior this game, as well as her decoding, have struck me as absolutely genuine. Additionally, her absence is not uncharacteristic; I believe she is keeping busy with college and in addition she seems she can sometimes be shy but other times is not afraid to say on her mind, and as it applies to mafia I think it just depends on if she feels she can contribute. Anyone who wants proof should refer to Monty Python, where in the midpoint of the game for a significant period of time, she became very quiet, and when things slowed down, she fluctuated back to being active, and actually took the leading role for a few cycles, until her unexpected death. She was a civvie there. Consequently, she has given me no reason to believe she is baddie whatsoever and I believe examining her for baddie behavior is definitively misguided. Hope this helps.

I know I was not saving Made, and I incredibly strongly believe Dana was not. MM very well could have been, and I think he was. Enrique obviously was. Gotrees IDK but my eye is on him.

S~V~S, first, I have a question for you: What do you think of Roxy? Second, let me repeat: Your suspicion of me is ironic. Just think about that. Please reconsider. Your gut is wrong about me. You were right in your gut about me earlier on, and just because I believed Snow Dog to be bad doesn’t make me bad (nor Dana, for that matter). It means I was wrong. Seriously think about how it was to be on my team in WWE and all the countless games you’ve seen me play as a baddie and ask yourself if I would vote the way I did on D3 and D4 if I were Made’s teammate. If anyone was trying to save Made on D3, it was Enrique, MM, and maybe Gotrees. Enrique should be evident now that we know his role and how he voted on D4.

Seriously, think about this and ask yourself when I would ever defend a teammate like this. Never. THEN consider that I survived a kill attempt by the Cybermen so I cannot be on that team.

And if you doubt it, lynch me. I still feel conflicted about it, but at least you’d all learn something valuable.

I don't have the time until tonight, but I am pretty sure at that time I will be finally able to set aside some time to thoroughly go through MM's posts, and I've been wanting to for a while, so I will be doing so. I have mentioned throughout the game that some of his posts have bugged me, and his interactions with Enrique and Made right up until the end make me think he's the strongest lead we have right now for a Dalek teammate, though even if he's not I think he could be bad regardless. Thus, I feel he needs to be fairly examined, and I understand why he feels the way he does because no formal, comprehensive case has been brought. So if my analysis of his posts later tonight agrees with my nagging thoughts of him (or not), then you'll certainly be hearing from me about it sometime tonight either way, when I'm less busy.

Linki: Chris, try going through Dana's or Metalmarsh's posts. The most updated decoding for the baddie roles should be in either of those posts, I think. Looks like Rox beat me to it.

See you folks later.[/quote]

Well, between Made and Enrique, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly not so civ because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them. For a long time, she wasn't very proactive, latching on to other ideas and agreeing with everyone. Ever since I made the case against her, she has become extremely quiet. I don't know if these are coincidental or not. But the other thing about this quietness is that it makes even less sense for Enrique to call Dana out for 'setting him up' when she hasn't even made a single post today, nor has she tried to advocate his lynch at all. Given the choice between Made and Enrique on Day 4, she voted Made because she felt good about Enrique.

Oh, and then there's that strange post regarding Snow Dog's return to the game in another role.
S~V~S wrote:
Dana wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Welcome back Snowy! What are your thoughts on the last lynch?
Good one.
I think I was surprised. But more thoughts later on how it went down and the reasons for my voting pattern.
Is Snow Dog 2.0 allowed to talk as or give explanations for Snow Dog 1.0? I'm kind of actually really confused about the people replacing that were already previously in the game. Of course they get new roles and such, but they're still the same person with the same play style and all of that. What are the rules for this? As in, what are they allowed to do or say or talk about?
Why should he be restricted?

This post has a "sour grapes" feel to it, IMO. Like you are annoyed that Snowy did not stay dead.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ugh, quote fail. This one will work.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I have a bit of time here in between working on assignments, and I've been working on them way too long, so I wanted to craft a response.

Re: Dana, since people asked for clarification: I am confident that she is civvie this game. Even though I don’t know her super well just yet, I have interacted with her enough inside and outside of mafia to believe that she would be acting incredibly differently if she were baddie, and that she is generally really horrible at withholding the truth (I would say ask DH, Enrique, and Made for corroboration here, since they know her better than I do, but the first isn’t playing and the latter two are baddies, so...).

I definitely believe her defenses of Made and Enrique, while misguided, were genuine, because she saw hardly any reason to think either of her friends were bad at the junctions of the game where she issued her opinions. I additionally believe this because of the way Enrique casually and even intensely defended me and Dana all throughout the game for logical reasons, then near the end when he knew he was an inevitable lynch, turned around and said he agreed with us and defended us all game because we were on the same page, when that is simply not the case (anyone remember how Dana and I had a back and forth regarding Enrique, or how I attacked Enrique and disagreed with him vehemently about Epig? for just two examples). Consequently, the push by MM to look at Dana which he has been trying to accomplish for some time convinces me further of this (but I will examine this further when I go back to look at MM's posts). Dana's attempts to discern baddie and civvie behavior this game, as well as her decoding, have struck me as absolutely genuine. Additionally, her absence is not uncharacteristic; I believe she is keeping busy with college and in addition she seems she can sometimes be shy but other times is not afraid to say on her mind, and as it applies to mafia I think it just depends on if she feels she can contribute. Anyone who wants proof should refer to Monty Python, where in the midpoint of the game for a significant period of time, she became very quiet, and when things slowed down, she fluctuated back to being active, and actually took the leading role for a few cycles, until her unexpected death. She was a civvie there. Consequently, she has given me no reason to believe she is baddie whatsoever and I believe examining her for baddie behavior is definitively misguided. Hope this helps.

See you folks later.
Well, between Made and Enrique, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly not so civ because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them. For a long time, she wasn't very proactive, latching on to other ideas and agreeing with everyone. Ever since I made the case against her, she has become extremely quiet. I don't know if these are coincidental or not. But the other thing about this quietness is that it makes even less sense for Enrique to call Dana out for 'setting him up' when she hasn't even made a single post today, nor has she tried to advocate his lynch at all. Given the choice between Made and Enrique on Day 4, she voted Made because she felt good about Enrique.

Oh, and then there's that strange post regarding Snow Dog's return to the game in another role.
S~V~S wrote:
Dana wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Welcome back Snowy! What are your thoughts on the last lynch?
Good one.
I think I was surprised. But more thoughts later on how it went down and the reasons for my voting pattern.
Is Snow Dog 2.0 allowed to talk as or give explanations for Snow Dog 1.0? I'm kind of actually really confused about the people replacing that were already previously in the game. Of course they get new roles and such, but they're still the same person with the same play style and all of that. What are the rules for this? As in, what are they allowed to do or say or talk about?
Why should he be restricted?

This post has a "sour grapes" feel to it, IMO. Like you are annoyed that Snowy did not stay dead.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MM, if Enrique's recent posts make you think he is distancing from Dana, why not from me?

How much more clear do I have to be? Dana is not bad.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, if Enrique's recent posts make you think he is distancing from Dana, why not from me?

Because Dana has not been trying to lynch Enrique while you have. However, I am reconsidering my view on you, because frankly I do think Enrique could be right that you two are teammates, but not because he wanted to be right.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Woohoo!! Excellent result!
bea wrote:You're going to see Hedwig!!!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!!!!!!! I <3 NPH. I saw the movie version of Hedwig. That's a heckofa story right there. :D

Yes, have so much fun in NYC. Can't wait to hear about Hedwig too. :)

Linki I meant to post this this morning and now there are a bajillion posts to read :huh:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly bad because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them.
[quoteWell, between Made and Enrique, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly not so civ because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them.[/quote]

Does this look to anyone else like MM put the first part in his post in between MPs quotes, then decided to ask his team how it sounds, made changes, then pasted in at the bottom, forgetting to remove the first version?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, between Made and Enrique, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly not so civ because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them.

Does this look to anyone else like MM put the first part in his post in between MPs quotes, then decided to ask his team how it sounds, made changes, then pasted in at the bottom, forgetting to remove the first version?

*fixed
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:
[quoteWell, between Made and Enrique, one was a baddie, and one is probably a baddie. Enrique's last-ditch comment about Dana looked like distancing to me. There's also the fact that he claimed that she was innocent earlier in the game, but she is suddenly not so civ because she is trying to lynch him, who is a baddie. I've pointed out reasons why I think Dana is bad, and I'm willing to revisit them.

Does this look to anyone else like MM put the first part in his post in between MPs quotes, then decided to ask his team how it sounds, made changes, then pasted in at the bottom, forgetting to remove the first version?[/quote]

I was going to respond to the post piece-by-piece, but decided to group it all at the bottom since it was all relevant. And then I bombed the whole quote thing.

Btw, when I am bad (or have BTSC at all), I don't ask for input on what to say. :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I swear the quote-fail wasn't my fault this time. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Seriously, think about this and ask yourself when I would ever defend a teammate like this. Never. THEN consider that I survived a kill attempt by the Cybermen so I cannot be on that team.

The Doctor has foresaken me, so my chances of surviving the night are lower than ever. However, if I do survive, I'll be voting for you first thing in the morning.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I was going to respond to the post piece-by-piece, but decided to group it all at the bottom since it was all relevant. And then I bombed the whole quote thing.

Btw, when I am bad (or have BTSC at all), I don't ask for input on what to say. :)
Nearly verbatim?

I doubt that...

And, should you don't... :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, if Enrique's recent posts make you think he is distancing from Dana, why not from me?

Because Dana has not been trying to lynch Enrique while you have. However, I am reconsidering my view on you, because frankly I do think Enrique could be right that you two are teammates, but not because he wanted to be right.
keys56000000000 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Seriously, think about this and ask yourself when I would ever defend a teammate like this. Never. THEN consider that I survived a kill attempt by the Cybermen so I cannot be on that team.

The Doctor has foresaken me, so my chances of surviving the night are lower than ever. However, if I do survive, I'll be voting for you first thing in the morning.
:wall:

Why do I even bother?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Nearly verbatim?

I doubt that...

And, should you don't... :feb:
And sure you don't... :feb:

(Damnit.)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MovingPictures07 wrote: :wall:

Why do I even bother?
That's what I was wondering...

Practicing some exercise in futility? You're a glutton for punishment? You actually think it'll work?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:

keys, for the love of god, why would you say this if it were true?

Therefore, I'm not sure if I believe it.

Chris wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: :wall:

Why do I even bother?
That's what I was wondering...

Practicing some exercise in futility? You're a glutton for punishment? You actually think it'll work?
Apparently. Just lynch me then, Chris. Please.

I just can't believe this, frankly. It's pretty evident to me, even before going back and looking through all of MM's posts, that he's a Dalek teammate, and that Enrique's OBVIOUS switch of attention to me and Dana is to get attention floating our way. I just am FLOORED that it's working.

Return to “Previous Jobs”