GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2a

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:15 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm afk fishing at catherby, musing about the game.

i just lost the game.

falcon45ca = mafia is my legacy assuming eod is in like an hour.
He and I have had a heart to heart, I can sure you he's Town, thru and thru.

Why do you feel he's Maf?
:/

you are severely wolf this game and i don't see how others don't see it

instead of asking me why i think you're wolf, tell me why you're town imo
The burden of proof is on the believer. You believe I'm scum, it's your burden.

Plus I asked you first.

It feels like your scum read on me is just "he's coasting"...how am I coasting? I engage the thread regularly and answer questions.

What, am I supposed to have lynched all the wolves by now? What's your expectation of my town game?

Plus, it's D2. Why don't we see who flips? My read on Alison turned out wrong, same w/ MR, but I don't feel I'm covered in town blood. Do you?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

@falcon45ca why did you decide to out the green on MR when neither of you were in danger btw?
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

Is someone a good falcon reader?
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 227

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:49 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm afk fishing at catherby, musing about the game.

i just lost the game.

Plus I asked you first.

It feels like your scum read on me is just "he's coasting"...how am I coasting? I engage the thread regularly and answer questions.

What, am I supposed to have lynched all the wolves by now? What's your expectation of my town game?

Plus, it's D2. Why don't we see who flips? My read on Alison turned out wrong, same w/ MR, but I don't feel I'm covered in town blood. Do you?
actually what's happening here is that you're passing the buck onto me and pretending you have no obligations in this exchange when fairly that's false

how about this: i am scumreading you because your full assessment of yourself at this point in the game is that you're regularly engaging in the thread and answering questions; it's inadequate and someone who is town should be able to offer more details about their game and participation that reflect well on them.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Heart of a Poet

Send the hosts a poem by February 3, 4pm eastern. They will be read overnight. The two favorites (among living players) will receive a reward at the start of D3 (winners will be informed privately). It can be any kind of poem, but if it doesn't rhyme it had better be really good and/or funny.

@ 112
@ alexa
@ Belzy
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 266

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm how about this: i am scumreading you because your full assessment of yourself at this point in the game is that you're regularly engaging in the thread and answering questions; it's inadequate and someone who is town should be able to offer more details about their game and participation that reflect well on them.
This is dumb
Progression cases are bad.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:59 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm how about this: i am scumreading you because your full assessment of yourself at this point in the game is that you're regularly engaging in the thread and answering questions; it's inadequate and someone who is town should be able to offer more details about their game and participation that reflect well on them.
This is dumb
Prove it.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:59 pm Heart of a Poet

Send the hosts a poem by February 3, 4pm eastern. They will be read overnight. The two favorites (among living players) will receive a reward at the start of D3 (winners will be informed privately). It can be any kind of poem, but if it doesn't rhyme it had better be really good and/or funny.

@ 112
@ alexa
@ Belzy
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
does it have to be new or can we submit things we wrote a long time ago?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Sorry i skipped poetry class
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm

i just lost the game.

Plus I asked you first.

actually what's happening here is that you're passing the buck onto me and pretending you have no obligations in this exchange when fairly that's false

how about this: i am scumreading you because your full assessment of yourself at this point in the game is that you're regularly engaging in the thread and answering questions; it's inadequate and someone who is town should be able to offer more details about their game and participation that reflect well on them.
Passing the buck while answering your question?

You not liking my answer and me passing the buck are not the same thing.

You were scum reading me.before my self assessment, so you're not even fairly engaging in this discourse.

Also, it's D2. What am I supposed to have done by now, other than engage the thread, give reads, answer questions?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2

Post by ilario »

alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:14 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:03 am
alexa wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:11 pm i am clearing HK for meta reasons NGL. he feels very different than the game he was a wolf. but i did the same thing to lag last game and was very wrong so i'm getting paranoid, especially because the way he claimed earlier felt like something i'd do as wolf to divert pressure. does anyone have good meta/a good read on HK?
ya hes town
@ilario apparently you missed it but he's claimed 3P now

Oh LOL
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

alexa wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:50 pm @falcon45ca why did you decide to out the green on MR when neither of you were in danger btw?
As I said, I was cranky. The last time I'd checked MR was at 5-6 votes, and me 6? So it's not like we were free and clear
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:59 pm
This is dumb
Prove it.
I mean it's not exactly a convenient thing to prove per se but

One of my least favorite things in games of mafia is when people ask me to say what makes me town and I can't answer because I've been paying attention to, you know, the rest of the list all game like I should be, and figuring out why I'm towny is supposed to be everyone else's job anyway, and then people go "Where's your answer? Hmm? HMMMM?" and then I get MLed.

I don't get why it exists and is excused and it's usually done by wolves but when it isn't it's especially annoying.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:04 pm

i just lost the game.

Plus I asked you first.

You were scum reading me.before my self assessment, so you're not even fairly engaging in this discourse.

Also, it's D2. What am I supposed to have done by now, other than engage the thread, give reads, answer questions?
so there is nothing you have done this game you could not reproduce as a wolf?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:05 pm
This is dumb
Prove it.

One of my least favorite things in games of mafia is when people ask me to say what makes me town and I can't answer because I've been paying attention to, you know, the rest of the list all game like I should be, and figuring out why I'm towny is supposed to be everyone else's job anyway, and then people go "Where's your answer? Hmm? HMMMM?" and then I get MLed.

I don't get why it exists and is excused and it's usually done by wolves but when it isn't it's especially annoying.
fair but i'm not sure you get why i'm engaging with falcon and why i'm engaging the way i am
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

@ 112
@ alexa
@ Belzy
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
The reward might be vig shots so it's better we all submit
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Unfortunately poems is not my specialty though
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

i know what i'm submitting if i'm allowed to use old stuff
dunno if i want to bother writing something if not though
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:08 pm
This is dumb
Prove it.

fair but i'm not sure you get why i'm engaging with falcon and why i'm engaging the way i am
That's because I don't
Either because it doesn't make sense or because I actually have to read all of it for it to make sense

But your point independently doesn't make sense and it doesn't look like something I should need to read associated materials for because it's a blanket statement about the game
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:12 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:08 pm
This is dumb
Prove it.

That's because I don't
Either because it doesn't make sense or because I actually have to read all of it for it to make sense

But your point independently doesn't make sense and it doesn't look like something I should need to read associated materials for because it's a blanket statement about the game
i am not talking to you, i'm talking to falcon.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Idgi
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:48 pm [VOTE: c4] aubergine
[VOTE: guillotine] aubergine
[VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
[VOTE: sabie] aubergine

Not really available to talk a lot today. These are my four votes to start off the second phase of this phase.

I owe TSP more scrutiny if I find the time.
Why sabie and not sig?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:06 pm

i just lost the game.

Plus I asked you first.

Actually, there is. MRs green check.

I've never, in 6 years of Maf, faked a claim
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Plus I asked you first.

Actually, there is. MRs green check.

I've never, in 6 years of Maf, faked a claim
link?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If someone shady wins a vig shot for tomorrow and wants to clear themselves, perhaps they can shoot Guillotine.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Lynching Guillotine today feels like a waste
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

tbh only the following:

c4e5g3d5
DrWilgy
hollowkatt
TonyStarkPrime

could be useful to lynch
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm If someone shady wins a vig shot for tomorrow and wants to clear themselves, perhaps they can shoot Guillotine.
i prefer to take a wild hero shot thank-you
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 445

Post by Master Radishes »

I feel like I should be able to place a read on 112 and/or Falcon over this exchange but my brain feels foggy this game.

112 *can* have a wide scum range, but doesn't usually stretch it. Like during Champs a few years ago she reached new heights imo, but in your average game she fits a certain pattern...and I don't know that this is it. Basically I don't want to discount 112 being scum here because I don't know anything precludes it, but GTH meta read is she's more likely town.

Falcon I just...maybe I'm just pocketed by the green check, but it felt real to me, the whole progression of it. He was uncertain of me in D1 as I recall (honestly I should check this at some point), then suddenly was overly confident on me in D2 and quietly showed that throughout the early round. He's not wrong that we were both receiving a middling amount of votes, and at some point I pressed him, he threw his hands up and declared the check, and it just felt right to me because that's what I thought he was hinting at.

So I kind of think both could be town or maybe I just want them to be. But equally if they are, then we better hit with sig/sabie or else my reads are so bad that I'm going to help throw this game for town.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm If someone shady wins a vig shot for tomorrow and wants to clear themselves, perhaps they can shoot Guillotine.
i prefer to take a wild hero shot thank-you
Good luck with your poem then
Master Radishes
Hitman

Yeah Falcon doesn't fake checks from what I remember.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:16 pm tbh only the following:

c4e5g3d5
DrWilgy
hollowkatt
TonyStarkPrime

could be useful to lynch
I won't go today one way or another so I guess that narrows it down
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:18 pm Yeah Falcon doesn't fake checks from what I remember.
So is it JPIC? Phil and Gloria?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

dyachei/ilario/Sloonei still sometimes give me concerns though
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:18 pm Yeah Falcon doesn't fake checks from what I remember.
hmm
yeah he doesn't
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Would Belzy fake a check on Porscha? I'm really unsatisfied with Porscha this game and I get the impression they're getting away because of the green check a la Boston last MU game.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:20 pm
So is it JPIC? Phil and Gloria?
No it’s paopan
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Paopan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:45 am HK - 3p

112/SABIE/C4 wolves

remaining scum: Deep wolves --> Belzy, Alexa or Ilario

Game solved
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:21 pm Would Belzy fake a check on Porscha? I'm really unsatisfied with Porscha this game and I get the impression they're getting away because of the green check a la Boston last MU game.
I've been wondering that myself. Outside of the mech clear, I've not been paying attention to either of them, but I also don't feel either of them are doing g anything worth paying attention to, which is kinda sus
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:20 pm dyachei/ilario/Sloonei still sometimes give me concerns though
i'm getting champs finale vibes

if I dont act a certain way...
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

4th vote [VOTE: tsp] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:24 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:20 pm dyachei/ilario/Sloonei still sometimes give me concerns though

Guess that champs finale must've been shit
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 pm I feel like I should be able to place a read on 112 and/or Falcon over this exchange but my brain feels foggy this game.

112 *can* have a wide scum range, but doesn't usually stretch it. Like during Champs a few years ago she reached new heights imo, but in your average game she fits a certain pattern...and I don't know that this is it. Basically I don't want to discount 112 being scum here because I don't know anything precludes it, but GTH meta read is she's more likely town.

Falcon I just...maybe I'm just pocketed by the green check, but it felt real to me, the whole progression of it. He was uncertain of me in D1 as I recall (honestly I should check this at some point), then suddenly was overly confident on me in D2 and quietly showed that throughout the early round. He's not wrong that we were both receiving a middling amount of votes, and at some point I pressed him, he threw his hands up and declared the check, and it just felt right to me because that's what I thought he was hinting at.

So I kind of think both could be town or maybe I just want them to be. But equally if they are, then we better hit with sig/sabie or else my reads are so bad that I'm going to help throw this game for town.
falc investigating you also makes a lot of sense to me.

in MU anniversary 2021 he had an investigative role and chose to use it on me n1 out of 150+ people.

so he does have a history of using his roles on people he's familiar with as opposed to going by other metrics to decide.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Creature wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:27 pm

Guess that champs finale must've been shit
people just expected me to act a certain way. And didnt listen to the reads I *was* making
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

can't wait to be right about 1/10th of things i posted this game and lord it over everyone from specchat when i'm chopped
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm telling you, Shep is town.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

it is ironic, i'll say, that they yeeted 112 when had they trusted her instead, there would have been a nugget of a better chance at securing a town victory. haHA! erroneous decision-making strikes again!
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@ 112
@ alexa
@ Belzy
@ c4e5g3d5
@ Creature
@ DrWilgy
@ dyachei
@ falcon45ca
@ Guillotine
@ hollowkatt
@ ilario
@ Justplayingitcool
@ LinearPoint
@ Master Radishes
@ Paopan
@ Phil and Gloria
@ Porscha
@ sabie12
@ sig
@ Sloonei
@ TonyStarkPrime
does it have to be a poem that we write or no
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

112 has a good chance of being town. I feel if she were scum she'd push for different reasons, if at all at this point, on my slot.

She reads more like town trying to read a player she's familiar with, but isn't sure of this game
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 and Falcon also keep making reasonable points.

Maybe it was an all-town CDC this game.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”