GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D5

Post by Creature »

I guess I need to rest
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 pm Was it alexa who shaded sloonei for claiming a self confirmable role?
It was mostly me. I don't remember if someone else did.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 pm Dya as well I think...didn't she VK a Maf?
Killed a wolf early in day 1 (marmot)

Think Dya's town stock rose with ilario's alignment. Also town for raisins.
Spoiler: show
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 559
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:19 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 pm Was it alexa who shaded sloonei for claiming a self confirmable role?
Alexa questioned me on a bit, but I would not call it “shading.”

I do feel like the interactions alexa and I had should go a long way to help clear me if anyone still has doubts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think LinearPoint should be one wolf. Not sure who else could be. Sloonei and JPIC are the last from the original POE.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:22 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:19 pm
Alexa questioned me on a bit, but I would not call it “shading.”

I do feel like the interactions alexa and I had should go a long way to help clear me if anyone still has doubts.
Yes, probably
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

DrWilgy being town should now bring light on EOD2 btw
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

What's our reasons for town reading Sabie? If there are any (I'm sure there's some, I'm just not sure of the slot)
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LinearPoint and sabie’s claims both need serious re-examination in light of alexa’s flip.

Also let me take this time to say that ilario played brilliantly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 513

Post by LinearPoint »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:09 pm The reason being that LP was very focused on the mafia role cop thing in the beginning. Dizzys role cop role does not offer any info day 1 but alexa made a big deal of knowing nutellas role. Also alexa talked a lot about 3p in the vig chat before the mac kill and then LP had the info about ilario's role. Belzy and alexa were super buddying each other and had that whole weird interaction with me when I said I didn't trust them. They tried to push me to kill paopan who ended up being town.
Neeko may be good at guessing roles, but she doesn’t have any ability to know them. Ilario’s role was very easy to guess and Neeko was also wrong about the Masons being Mafia. If Neeko knew they were Masons then she’d have known pushing them was useless, Alexa also came out to defend them by outing them as Masons so Neeko couldn’t push them likely because Dizzy copped them and the Mafia wanted to soup the Masons.

Neeko will say she did give a vest to Alexa. It’s fine if people doubt that, but it’d be pointless have given it to Alexa if Neeko were Mafia when the item would have been better on TSP or Mac. If people want Neeko can give more information on the role. It’s a bit limiting but all Neeko has really for a defense is that Paopan was the major one cc’ing Neeko as a protective and he obviosoly lied. With only one dead it should be fairly obvious that Neeko isn’t lying about her role and it should be even more obvious that Alexa would never be Neeko’s choice as Mafia.
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 pm LinearPoint and sabie’s claims both need serious re-examination in light of alexa’s flip.

Agreed

He's given us a massive chance for town to win as I was not going to get there on Alexa
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If sabie is wolf then two wolves decided to shoot Phil and Macklemore N3.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:24 pm LinearPoint and sabie’s claims both need serious re-examination in light of alexa’s flip.

Damn, ilario's thing was an excellent catch
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:26 pm If sabie is wolf then two wolves decided to shoot Phil and Macklemore N3.
Mac was probably not endgaming and maybe an attempt to pocket belzy
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think lesson learned from this game on alexa: she felt wrong but I let her emotionally manipulate me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also I was the only town from the top 5 posters
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

also belzy has to be blatantly town just for the thing with Alexa right in that last day, masons aside?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Could Belzy and Porscha have succesfully faked masons since D1?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I'm not sure how alexas flip looks bad on me. I was the one saying I didn't trust her and she and belzy started yelling at me and you even doubted why I wouldn't trust them.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:29 pm Could Belzy and Porscha have succesfully faked masons since D1?
doubt
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think there is very little question that the mafia team was banking on alexa going deep and end gaming here. She was at least half of their longterm play. Ilario blew that up out of nowhere and, I suspect, upended a lot of plans they had set in motion.

I think at least one of those plans may have been allowing alexa to bury sabie. They probably did not expect to end up together in the walrus chat, but seeing as they were in there with a civilian (Belzy), they needed to treat it as a public space. Mac was an obvious kill target, and they had little room to avoid that as long as Belzy was there. The "plan" for sabie to shoot paopan in the night was never actually going to happen, and the real plan was for alexa to bury sabie for not shooting (with the help of Belzy), and then chop paopan the next day (today) once sabie flipped mafia.

Sabie's claim about shooting c4 as a vig is also made dubious by alexa's claims to have been targeted the same night. We now know that she was, in fact, not the mafia's kill target. This can be taken as an indication that c4 was the actual mafia kill target. Sabie did perform the kill, so her claiming of that kill was not dishonest in case she was caught in the act. She has not performed any additional kills since her first one because it was a 1-shot ability. She has been wielding the potential to shoot somebody since Night 1, but has not actually done so.

Additionally, if Alexa was not the N2 kill target, we have no reason to believe her claims about having been given a vest. She was bulletproof anyway. It is not impossible for LinearPoint's role to be true by coincidence. Indeed, it's possible Alexa really did receive a vest, and worked that into her false narrative. But LP has been cleared for days on the assumption that they saved alexa from being killed by the mafia team. We now know that to be untrue.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:33 pm I think there is very little question that the mafia team was banking on alexa going deep and end gaming here. She was at least half of their longterm play. Ilario blew that up out of nowhere and, I suspect, upended a lot of plans they had set in motion.

I think at least one of those plans may have been allowing alexa to bury sabie. They probably did not expect to end up together in the walrus chat, but seeing as they were in there with a civilian (Belzy), they needed to treat it as a public space. Mac was an obvious kill target, and they had little room to avoid that as long as Belzy was there. The "plan" for sabie to shoot paopan in the night was never actually going to happen, and the real plan was for alexa to bury sabie for not shooting (with the help of Belzy), and then chop paopan the next day (today) once sabie flipped mafia.

Sabie's claim about shooting c4 as a vig is also made dubious by alexa's claims to have been targeted the same night. We now know that she was, in fact, not the mafia's kill target. This can be taken as an indication that c4 was the actual mafia kill target. Sabie did perform the kill, so her claiming of that kill was not dishonest in case she was caught in the act. She has not performed any additional kills since her first one because it was a 1-shot ability. She has been wielding the potential to shoot somebody since Night 1, but has not actually done so.

Additionally, if Alexa was not the N2 kill target, we have no reason to believe her claims about having been given a vest. She was bulletproof anyway. It is not impossible for LinearPoint's role to be true by coincidence. Indeed, it's possible Alexa really did receive a vest, and worked that into her false narrative. But LP has been cleared for days on the assumption that they saved alexa from being killed by the mafia team. We now know that to be untrue.
I like it
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:33 pm I think there is very little question that the mafia team was banking on alexa going deep and end gaming here. She was at least half of their longterm play. Ilario blew that up out of nowhere and, I suspect, upended a lot of plans they had set in motion.

hmmmyes
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

It's tough because no one was in that chat to see how belzy and alexa were pushy to me and then they came here and yelled at me. I did not trust them alexa seemed to be wanting more info on my role. Alexa and belzy tried to push me to shoot paopan. Im the one who said hey maybe we should talk it over before making an official decision.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I also have some mild concern that Dya is setup as a deeeeeeeeeeeep wolf

But no....not today. We musn't dwell...

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:38 pm It's tough because no one was in that chat to see how belzy and alexa were pushy to me and then they came here and yelled at me. I did not trust them alexa seemed to be wanting more info on my role. Alexa and belzy tried to push me to shoot paopan. Im the one who said hey maybe we should talk it over before making an official decision.
Why did you not shoot anyone last night, and who would you have shot if you needed to pick someone?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

My other thought was that sloonei was alexas teammate but I wasn't sure. This thing he just came up with makes me feel a little more in that direction.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:40 pm My other thought was that sloonei was alexas teammate but I wasn't sure. This thing he just came up with makes me feel a little more in that direction.
What has made you feel this way? Prior to right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Wait wasn't alexa already poisoned when she pushed sabie12?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:42 pm
sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:40 pm My other thought was that sloonei was alexas teammate but I wasn't sure. This thing he just came up with makes me feel a little more in that direction.
When alexa and belzy were yelling at me. You were questioning me as to why I wouldn't trust them when they were mech cleared town which they obviosuly arent now. And the way alexa was talking about you in the vig chat.
~Darren Shan~
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:39 pm I also have some mild concern that Dya is setup as a deeeeeeeeeeeep wolf

But no....not today. We musn't dwell...

I guess it isn't impossible that they're the "lost wolf" if there actually is one
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:42 pm
When alexa and belzy were yelling at me. You were questioning me as to why I wouldn't trust them when they were mech cleared town which they obviosuly arent now. And the way alexa was talking about you in the vig chat.
Those questions were intended to help you. They were saying one thing and you were saying another. I wanted to get more of your side of the story.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:45 pm

Wait wasn't alexa already poisoned when she pushed sabie12?
Yes. But I think they would have come up with this plan during the night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

also alexa might have been hoping to have their poison healed as well
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:51 pm also alexa might have been hoping to have their poison healed as well
This too. She continued to play the game yesterday. She was not totally resigned.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

MR was probably the only one who could have healed Alexa since Neeko gave MR her second item N3. Neeko doesn’t actually know the times she gives out, but they are implied to be one time use protective actions. Neeko gave the third one out last night. But it probably doesn’t matter at this point since there really isn’t a way for town to win if it’s just going to be tunnel Neeko since Alexa was Mafia. Pretty sure it has to be JPIC and Sloonie though.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:59 pm MR was probably the only one who could have healed Alexa since Neeko gave MR her second item N3. Neeko doesn’t actually know the times she gives out, but they are implied to be one time use protective actions. Neeko gave the third one out last night. But it probably doesn’t matter at this point since there really isn’t a way for town to win if it’s just going to be tunnel Neeko since Alexa was Mafia. Pretty sure it has to be JPIC and Sloonie though.
Any chance you could tell us who received your last item?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:03 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:59 pm MR was probably the only one who could have healed Alexa since Neeko gave MR her second item N3. Neeko doesn’t actually know the times she gives out, but they are implied to be one time use protective actions. Neeko gave the third one out last night. But it probably doesn’t matter at this point since there really isn’t a way for town to win if it’s just going to be tunnel Neeko since Alexa was Mafia. Pretty sure it has to be JPIC and Sloonie though.
Falcon.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:09 pm
Falcon.
@falcon45ca
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei... if you're mafia then you have fabricated a lovely story and great job for that.

If you're town then I implore you to think about things in a different way. Think about what's really happening here. There's more to the story than what you think. I'm not out here trying to get people souped and I'm not trying to get souped. I'm not mafia and I hope you can figure that out.

I do have to go make dinner and watch Boba fett now.
~Darren Shan~
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:10 pm Sloonei... if you're mafia then you have fabricated a lovely story and great job for that.

If you're town then I implore you to think about things in a different way. Think about what's really happening here. There's more to the story than what you think. I'm not out here trying to get people souped and I'm not trying to get souped. I'm not mafia and I hope you can figure that out.

I do have to go make dinner and watch Boba fett now.
From my perspective, the POE right now is you, LP, and JPIC. I have been thinking about this quite a lot. My mind is never made up on anything, but this is the scenario that makes the most sense to me right now. If we can uncover something that changes my mind, I will listen to it, of course.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:10 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:09 pm
Falcon.
@falcon45ca
I've not been told of any gifts
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

The gift was obviously redirected to the invisible man
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 212
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

based on chatting with sabie, I really dont think she's a wolf
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

OK, Neeko is dumb so you can just lynch her.
She can only act on odd nights and thought last night was night 5 not night 4.
So the target choice was just ignored. She wanted to give it to Falcon, but it was the wrong night.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Really thought this game was moving faster, not sure what night 4 Neeko thought happened.
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:16 pm OK, Neeko is dumb so you can just lynch her.
So the target choice was just ignored. She wanted to give it to Falcon, but it was the wrong night.
Then you couldn’t have given a vest?
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:17 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:16 pm OK, Neeko is dumb so you can just lynch her.
Then you couldn’t have given a vest?
Well yes, but it's not a vest its a [flavor] that gives a random 1-shot effect that is implied to be protective in nature.
Alexa claimed she got a vest, she probably didn't lie since she wouldn't know the item effect was random.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Belzy - Claimed and semi-confirmed mason with Porscha
Creature - Green checked by cop
dyachei - Killed Marmot Day 1 then gave birth to an actual human child in real life immediately after
falcon45ca - Cop. Provided green check on Master Radishes and Creature.
Justplayingitcool - In the POE
LinearPoint - In the POE
Porscha - Claimed and semi-confirmed mason with Belzy
sabie12 - In the POE
Sloonei - Me

Note that the only reason I list Belzy and Porscha as "semi-confirmed" is because Alexa was the source of information on the exact language of their role(s). I do not doubt that the information was true seeing as they both seemed to affirm it.

dya's a different shade of green because I suppose their argument is slightly less concrete than everyone else's. But I'm comfortable treating them as town, as I have been for several days now.

I read JPIC as town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A world exists where exactly falcon and creature are mafia too, I suppose. But unlikely.
Or exactly Porscha and Belzy. But if that is the case, they stuck themselves out there way too early in the game for it to have been a viable strategy. So nah.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”