Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 7

Post by Chris »

I'll let people know, those of you who weren't around in IRC, I was asking to play this before it started. But I couldn't because there were no more roles.
Re: Doctor Who Mafia - Sign Ups
Postby Chris » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:26 pm

:ponder:

*replacement*
I was waiting to play. Don't you think, in the situation of rey not posting, and not voting, they would have subbed me in prior to the night actions?
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Night 1

Post by Chris »

Chris wrote:Sup?

So, someone wanna give me the cliff notes as to what happened so far?

:coffee3:

So, nevermind any of that shit.

I guess I subbed in on night one, not day two.

Fuck... I dont' know how else to defend against being The Master... but I'll keep trying.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Sorry to keep posting like this. I'm going to work soon, and don't know how long I'll be gone. Plus, I do my best thinking in the morning, and this may be the last morning I've got.

Those who know my playstyle... think of who I'd go after if I was the Indy Killer. SVS will tell you straight away, I'd go after LC, or herself. Especially early on, when it would be harder to tie it to me. I'd go after the players I'd consider the biggest threat. I've said it before. I've done it before.

The people targeted by The Master are not the players that I'd go after.

It's slim, I know... but worth mentioning.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:I'm not asking for your trust. I wasn't really eyeballing you before, but I was keeping an eye on you, just because it's healthy to keep an eye on you in mafia.

But then you came in and jumped right on the case. I felt that it was an obvious easy set up to get me lynched, and I thought people would see that. Hence, when anyone came in and jumped right on it, I just thought that they were there to add fuel to the fire. Obviously not everyone who suspects me is bad, but you and LC, and to a smaller extent, Hedgie, fit in a group that I have in my mind. Yes, i'm trying to fill holes with pegs. I know I won't get it right all the time. But I'm not going to lie. Both you and LC had my attention with your playstyle, and the events the morning after I survived the NK attempts just seeming like baddie activity to me.

But my main suspects are MP, LC & Epig. If anyone wants to vote for them, I'm your boy. If you all want to vote for me, I can't stop it at this point. But you'll be lynching a civvie.

If Strax's kill didn't fail because I'm a civvie, then the ONLY roles I can be are The Master or The Cyber Controller. I'm neither of those roles. BUT, if I did survive Strax's NK attempt because I'm a civvie, then you'll be lynching a civ. I know I keep saying it, but really, it's the only thing I can hang my hat on as proof that I'm a civ. Think about it for a while. See how I act in the thread, and how I vote. I'm sure no one is going to forget about it. We were all set to lynch Epig, let's do that. If you still think that I'm bad after that, then lynch me.

I just think that information, lots of it, can be gained through the lynch of Epig. Much more than mine. If I'm lynched, and I'm not lying, and I'm a civ, you lose a civ role, and you gain nothing. I didn't really defend anyone, I didn't vary my suspects much. MP and Epig, with a touch of Roxy. If I'm a baddie, you won't get much in connectables.

If I am The Master, like some of you think, he's Indy. He doesn't have teammates. There are no connections to be found. (Again, I'm not The Master, but if I have to defend it...) And, like I pointed out before... if he survives the first three attempts on his life, there were two last night, I'd still have one more save.

But if we lynch Epig, there are loads of connections. If he turns out to be a Cyber man, that could be the start of tracking down the second baddie team. Maybe not.. I'm not that positive. But I can tell you that if you lynch me, you get NO connections.

Believe me, don't believe me. You'll see at some point, sooner or later, that I'm not lying.
You are completely misrepresenting me.
I was the first person to ask the hosts anything about your survival, so how exactly am I jumping on this case? YOU LITERALLY ARE MEETING THE DESCRIPTION OF A ROLE AND WHILE I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE OTHER POSSIBILITIES, I FIND THEM A BIT MORE UNLIKELY. Your reaction to getting your name mentioned also pinged me. You say you don't want to be "maniacal and desperate", but post upwards of five times in a row screaming, "Don't lynch me!!!" That's desperate if I've ever seen.
You also say that you're not asking for my trust... but that's exactly what you're asking for-- and you've done nothing to earn it. You want me to just assume the best of you because you are asking me to.
You are also essentially fessing up to being the Master, IMO. "If I'm the master, what advantage do we have in lynching me? You won't learn anything! Lynch Epig instead-- he's the one with connections!" You are essentially bragging about playing a good baddie game. You are essentially saying, "My suspicions have been consistent and limited to people that were unlikely to be lynched so they would not die. Thus, you will not gain any information out of my lynch." This just reads as bad.
So yeah. Seriously, Chris.
Chris wrote:Also Dom, in SFU, I was the serial killer. You were the protector. You kinda very much so stood in my way of winning the game.

I don't think I need to explain that to you Dom. It's pretty basic.

Killer wants protector dead.

Jus' sayin'. :shrug:
I'm not questioning why you wanted me dead in that game nor did I ever say or imply that.
I am saying you did the EXACT same thing to me in SFU. I suspected you (rightly so) and you pulled a 180 on me and suspected me BEFORE you knew my role. You said my suspicion of you was suspicious and I should be lynched for it. You pegged me, irrationally, as a baddie simply because I thought you were bad (you were).
Look what you did here.

That's the point I was making, and you know that. Do not try and misrepresent me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm not fessing up to being The Master. I'm just saying, if people are going to insist I am, what are you losing? Is The Master killing civs? Why is killing The Master more important than killing a Dalek or a Cyberman?

Because it's easiest to frame me into being The Master as a way to lynch me.

I know it sounds like I'm admitting to some of you, but all I'm doing is laying out a scenario where even if I was The Master, it doesn't make make sense to lynch me before a baddie.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So from the story it sounds like Chris survived 2 nks? That seems weird. Voting him for now. I'll have to check back in later. Off to work.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

I've been trying to maintain an open mind here, but the following posts are contradictory:
Chris wrote:I went for Epig without much reason other than I was tired of hearing about the lie detector shit, and he was acting differently enough for me to vote him just to end it. It wasn't a great reason, but I also didn't care who was lynched between the two of them.
Chris wrote:We were all set to lynch Epig, let's do that. If you still think that I'm bad after that, then lynch me.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 430#p90430

So let me get this straight: You voted for me because you didn't care who got lynched, just that you were tired of hearing about the lie detector business, and that I'm acting differently (without specifying how)? Now you speak for the group when I didn't even receive half the votes cast?

Then:
Chris wrote:I'll reiterate, just because I suspect someone, even if that someone is a civvie, it doesn't mean I'm bad.
Your entire rationale for voting Ep1:
Chris wrote:Changed my vote.

*votes Epignosis*

I seem to remember you getting juliets killed.
That's a double standard. The courtesy you expect to be extended to you is one you don't extend to others.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epig, that quote about suspecting someone, even if you're civvie, doesn't mean you're bad is a gem given Chris's massive NO U.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:I'm not fessing up to being The Master. I'm just saying, if people are going to insist I am, what are you losing? Is The Master killing civs? Why is killing The Master more important than killing a Dalek or a Cyberman?

Because it's easiest to frame me into being The Master as a way to lynch me.

I know it sounds like I'm admitting to some of you, but all I'm doing is laying out a scenario where even if I was The Master, it doesn't make make sense to lynch me before a baddie.
You say right before an odd night...
This is so nonsensical.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Lynchtrain headed in Chris's direction. Toot toot! Why? Cause he survived two NK attempts the same night, duh! There are plenty of roles that can survive NKs? So what. The Ninja's kill fails against the first three civs anyway? Yep! Excellent reasoning, geniuses, I'll get right on board. Oh yeah, I'm forgetting, he "outed" a civvie. Well, it could be a mafioso. But let's not think about that possibility! Instead let's push the guy into outing his own role! That'll make up for it.

Chris is digging a hole. His posts are panicked. But if you read what he's saying, it's not unreasonable. You guys sound like little kids picking on someone. You find a flaw and then point your fingers and jump up and down like monkeys, whether the flaw is at all reasonable or not.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:...just because I suspect someone, even if that someone is a civvie, it doesn't mean I'm bad.
Awesome opener for today. What a thought. I'm glad you have such strong convictions. So, in other words, you're letting us know that a "no u" defense is not valid? :eye: :haha:

I think this is all very interesting, Chris. I haven't even accused you of being a baddie or sought your lynch yet. :)
keys56000000000
The Mark

Long Con wrote:
Chris wrote:...just because I suspect someone, even if that someone is a civvie, it doesn't mean I'm bad.
Awesome opener for today. What a thought. I'm glad you have such strong convictions. So, in other words, you're letting us know that a "no u" defense is not valid? :eye: :haha:
Chris isn't great at wording things. What he means to say is, suspecting a civvie by mistake doesn't make him bad. Which is true.
I think this is all very interesting, Chris. I haven't even accused you of being a baddie or sought your lynch yet. :)
You voted for him right off the bat. You have others following your weak case.

I feel like this is going to be one of those lynches where ad hominems are used more than actual reasonable evidence, with lazy players swooping with their votes because there's no alternative, and because let's face it, it's easy. So I'm just going to sit it out and say I told you so when it's over. Later, eggheads.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:...where ad hominems are used ...
keys56000000000 wrote:with lazy players... Later, eggheads.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
You beat me to it. :mad:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 6

Post by Black Rock »

Roxy wrote:Epi - what do you think of sabie saying she needs to read through things but knows enough to know that we are discussing lie detectors?
They would not waste 8 nights if they just check the one that says I am a good girl. :p
Actually, good girl is not a checkable statement. This type of behaviour is suspect to me. You were all over Epig for his statement, and yet you do the same type and want to be "Look, I'm a civvie. I have been ever so cooperative with a LD statement."
Epignosis wrote:Yes, I'm sure the lie detector would like to spend 8 Nights checking those. :rolleyes:
This is a valid statement Roxy.

I know I'm a little late to the press on this one, but I don't understand how Roxy can have a valid argument when her statements suck just as much as Epigs.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris is not presenting a defense. He is suspecting anyone who looks at him which is the exact behavior he exhibited last time he was a serial killer. Please, keys, do tell me what is irrational in my thinking here?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Black Rock wrote:
Roxy wrote:Epi - what do you think of sabie saying she needs to read through things but knows enough to know that we are discussing lie detectors?
They would not waste 8 nights if they just check the one that says I am a good girl. :p
Actually, good girl is not a checkable statement. This type of behaviour is suspect to me. You were all over Epig for his statement, and yet you do the same type and want to be "Look, I'm a civvie. I have been ever so cooperative with a LD statement."
Epignosis wrote:Yes, I'm sure the lie detector would like to spend 8 Nights checking those. :rolleyes:

I know I'm a little late to the press on this one, but I don't understand how Roxy can have a valid argument when her statements suck just as much as Epigs.
BR I can't remember but did you agree with Roxys cSe on Epig? I'm on my phone and screwing up my multiquoted posts so I don't really wanna check for that :p
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom wrote:Chris is not presenting a defense. He is suspecting anyone who looks at him which is the exact behavior he exhibited last time he was a serial killer. Please, keys, do tell me what is irrational in my thinking here?
Dom, you are the only one that I suspect only because you suspected me. Ando frankly, it's because you never suspected me before, but now you're certain enough to vote for me now over all previous suspects.

On a circumstantial case.

Oh, and Hedge for the exact same reason.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:
You voted for him right off the bat. You have others following your weak case.
I explained why I voted for him because he asked. No one is following my "case". I haven't even made a case against him, I have only responded to things he has asked me. I think it's funny. :)

No one else even cares about the stuff I'm saying. No one but me cares about Chris asking for the lynch results, or freaking out because he had a bad dream that the lynch ended early. I haven't tried to get anyone to vote Chris, and no one has suspected or voted Chris based on things I've said. Go and look. I just did.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

BR I can't remember but did you agree with Roxys cSe on Epig? I'm on my phone and screwing up my multiquoted posts so I don't really wanna check for that :p
BR has gone out to do farm chores, so maybe she'll respond in a little bit. :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock wrote:

That's a good point. My main suspicion of Epig was that he made an intentionally evasive LD statement, one that he claimed was "airtight", but with some simple logic-wiggling, was revealed to be... not-so-airtight. "I'm a good girl" is just as bad. What does that even mean, you wash your dishes after eating all your vegetables? "I'm a Civvie" functions just fine, unless you're trying to hide the fact that you are not actually a Civvie. Seems like Roxy left her dirty plate in the sink and fed the dog her Brussel's Sprouts. :eye:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

you know what? I've been targeted by a civilian insaneifier, I've been targeted by a civilian killer, & by one of the badditional teams. All in the span ofor two game days.

So, obviously most of you think I'm bad. So I give up.

I'll just make my last argument of, I thought I joined the game day 2 because that was the first action I had, voting in the lynch. I don't have night actions to PM to the hosts.

That's it. The defense rests. I've got nothing left.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
If players vote for Chris based on this poor lynchtrain case, without offering much else, then yeah, that's lazy. That's not an ad hominem, because it's not something irrelevant to a case I'm making. The case I'm making is that some players are lazy, therefore it is apt to call them lazy. And I'm being sarcastic when I call this Chris lynchmob "eggheads". It's designed to mock their poor case. Again, not an ad hominem. I really think an English teacher of all people would know the difference, maybe you're just not a very good teacher. :haha:

Dom, do you ever have an original thought? Or do you just piggy-back on others all the time?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
If players vote for Chris based on this poor lynchtrain case, without offering much else, then yeah, that's lazy. That's not an ad hominem, because it's not something irrelevant to a case I'm making. The case I'm making is that some players are lazy, therefore it is apt to call them lazy. And I'm being sarcastic when I call this Chris lynchmob "eggheads". It's designed to mock their poor case. Again, not an ad hominem. I really think an English teacher of all people would know the difference, maybe you're just not a very good teacher. :haha:

Dom, do you ever have an original thought? Or do you just piggy-back on others all the time?
I could teach a lesson on irony using this post alone. Image
keys56000000000
The Mark

Epignosis wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Please do so, I'm curious to hear if you have any actual substance to go with your bravado or if you are, as I suspect, an empty shell of a pseudo-intellectual.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Please do so, I'm curious to hear if you have any actual substance to go with your bravado or if you are, as I suspect, an empty shell of a pseudo-intellectual.
Sure beats being full of shit.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just wanted to check in since I don't think I'll have a chance again before the vote ends. I'm keeping my vote on Chris. I just don't believe him and think his panicked posts reek more of The Master possibility than a civvie. I firmly believe he does not have the Sarah Jane or Jack roles or his post content would be different.

I haven't had a chance to look back at anyone's posts nor will I until my workload clears up even remotely. The "good girl" statement by Roxy only adds to my recently revitalized suspicions that Rox needs to be seriously examined. I think she will be my main lynch candidate tomorrow. Still need to re-read her posts though, so further content or reevaluation is contingent on that. I do think Epig 2.0 maybe still could be bad, but that the suspicion on him in retrospect is relatively weak, at least in comparison with the magnitude with which he was suspected D6.

Regarding Dom not having original thoughts... what about Made? He was the originator of that.

Linki and stuff.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Keep it light guys :noble:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 17

Post by thellama73 »

Guys, don't forget that I'm watching you. :eye: Cool it with the name calling.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Epignosis wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Sure beats being full of shit.
Now that's irony.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MP, just remember, when I'm lynched and shown to be Sarah or jack, your MK survival will become all the more suspicious.

You know it will.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

At least after I die someone surviving a NK will have one less civvies role to try to claim.

Good luck civvies folks, you'll need it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:MP, just remember, when I'm lynched and shown to be Sarah or jack, your MK survival will become all the more suspicious.

You know it will.
Seriously, Chris? Mine will, but not BR and Elo? Especially since I gave a full explanation that it was related to my prize? And that even though I didn't expect the hosts to confirm, they practically did once keys complained about splints dying and they responded saying she only recruited one person?

Your fixation on me and your NO U and panicked defenses aren't doing the civvies any favors, on the extreme off chance you are actually a civvie.

Now see you folks whenever.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MP: Black Rock survived because her killer was roleblocked.

---------------------------------

I went back through keys' posts to find one that I wanted to respond to (the Civvie secret decoding one), and I found another that I think got lost in the shuffle. I'll just address both in one post for efficiency.
keys56000000000 wrote:If it was indeed a Cyber that manipulated the vote and not Amy, then maybe it follows that Epignosis is a Cyber..
This concept seemed a lot more relevant when I was going on the assumption that the Cyber Head could just manipulate votes every lynch. Since the manipulation only happens ONCE in the game, and that's during the lynch directly after he randomly finds his body, I find it a) very unlikely that the Cybers messed with that lynch at all, and therefore b) unlikely that we can connect Epig to the Cyber team based on that manipulated vote.
keys56000000000 wrote:It's times like this that I wish we'd decode the civvie roles. I know what you're going to say, herrp don't give the mafia civvie info derpp. Here's the thing: the mafia are teams. They will have worked on those secret hangmans more than any individual player can, because they can work together, sharing info. I'm lazy. I have no one to work with. The result is that the mafia teams have probably cracked the secrets already, whilst a bunch of lonely civs such as myself have nothing, working in the dark.
I agree with keys. I just glanced at the Civvie secrets and decoded a lot on a single read-through. The baddies certainly have them all decoded by now.

I don't recall any responses to keys here, but I would like to hear some now. I'll be posting some Civvie role decodes in the thread when I get a chance to do them, so if you have a problem with that, let it be known before that happens and we'll talk about it. :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And, just because I was not aware, due to not paying attention to Strax's actions.... it appears Strax only kills on even nights. I realize that probably everyone knew this and will be, like, "THANKS, LC, for that pertinent info!" but... well, I only just got it.

And Elohcin survived a Strax kill. That's why she's not a suspect for having survived, it's because she's likely a Civvie because of it. So if Chris is a Civvie, then Strax has one more failsafe Civvie-kill-fail before he becomes dangerous to Civvies.

I wonder which baddie Made was?

All thoughts that I'm late to the party for, I'm sure. :blush:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, you know what? Disregard what I said. I thought about this more. If Chris is The Master, he will just survive this lynch anyway. So if he is, maybe we should see if he gets NKed again. Additionally, the strict focus on him today, while it left less for me to catch up, makes it easier for baddies to just skate by today and latch onto a Chris vote. And although I really don't think he is Sarah Jane, or even Jack, there is the possibility that he is in fact that role and the first killer was blocked. AND although I think Chris's defense is very unconvincing and inadequate, at least in my opinion, I reserve the opinion that it means he could still be a lone civvie, just a very, very misguided one.

I've also been really thinking about Rox. Her recent fixation on Epig 2.0 even though she was being hypocritical... in an effort to seem like she's genuinely baddie hunting. Then I thought about why I found her suspicious REALLY early in the game and I just don't know that I think she's legitimately baddie hunting this game... maybe she is, but I think she honestly is our best lead at a Cyber at this point. The remainder of the game other than Epig 2.0, she has suspected Hedgeowl HARD but then dropped it completely and I've asked her SEVERAL TIMES why she has and she has failed to address my concern. I wonder if it was maybe distancing or a convenient target and she was hoping to drum up this case on Epig 2.0 instead. In addition, she latched onto mine and S~V~S's case that Daisy was bad earlier in the game because she was convinced the fact that both of us agreeing meant we were onto something. Her behavior has been really latchy and sneaky this game. If you don't believe me, go look for yourself and see if I'm right or off the mark.

Additionally, potentially cracking the Cybermen makes more sense. And a main reason I was sticking with Chris and not voting her today is because I haven't had the time to properly look back at Rox's posts. But I'm not going to let that make me ignore my gut. So you know what? Screw it. I really think Rox is bad. If Chris really is The Master, let another NK determine that. Let's not waste a lynch today, even if he is, because it'll just fail anyway, and then we'll have to either lynch him again or NK him.

On this note, again, I realize I haven't had the time to build a proper case, but I feel more confident in voting for Roxy. So I am switching my vote to her. I think people should look at her in more detail if they have the time.

NOW I really have to go because I have so much to do. Be back later!
keys56000000000
The Mark

MP wrote:Actually, you know what? Disregard what I said. I thought about this more. If Chris is The Master, he will just survive this lynch anyway. So if he is, maybe we should see if he gets NKed again.
Chris did actually point that out, but it was used against him. The guy is hopeless at defending himself. But I for one believe him, 100%. He's a civ, move on.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

LC, I realised those things recently, too. That illustrates my point re: lone civvie disadvantage. I forgot how much work it is to seriously be a good civilian in a game. That's the core to why I believe Chris: he's doing awful. And consider that he replaced in for Reywas - I see him on IRC all the time. I reckon he'd have the time for a baddie role in a team, that doesn't involve too much effort on his part.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

keys56000000000 wrote:LC, I realised those things recently, too. That illustrates my point re: lone civvie disadvantage. I forgot how much work it is to seriously be a good civilian in a game. That's the core to why I believe Chris: he's doing awful. And consider that he replaced in for Reywas - I see him on IRC all the time. I reckon he'd have the time for a baddie role in a team, that doesn't involve too much effort on his part.

keys56billion,

the part I underlined above, that you see reywas participating if he's bad - doesn't that lend more credence to the argument that chris is potentially the Master? If not, I've misunderstood what you are saying. Chris's argument that reywas wouldn't have done anything night one is the one pause I have regarding him being the Master.

Also, I keep being bothered by some things Gotrees said earlier in the game in support of Enrique and I think Made. At the time I brushed it off but the more I think about it coupled with how helpful Gotrees has been (one thing baddies like to do is be helpful) the more uneasy I am with him. I will try to pull together some quotes to illustrate what I mean but I did want to give Gotrees the heads up that I'm concerned.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

Well, Jules, it probably stands to reason that Rey would also relish a rogue indy role, which is also high on NKing fun, low on having to pay attention.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

ok, thanks keys - i don't disagree
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I am back and will be catching up later if life allows.

I know I have not responded to epi but his whole case is a no u. he did not say anything aboutany of it in his first run down list, plus I really have not had the time. I do not expect people to believe me about it but I am saying it anyway - rl trumps mafia anyday imo

If you think epi is civ then vote me but I guarantee after I am gone you willlynch him next followedby sabie (which no one else has pointed out). they are cyber.I am not cyber.nor am I a robot.

My case really had nothing to do about the ld statements if you were to read back on the made/Enrique cases you will see that.

Also when you finish getting epi and sabie you may want to go after my orginal suspicion that NO ONE listened to and take a hard long lookat Hedge.

I am working overtime today I will make time for this game when I finally get home tonight.
;)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: It feels like a team "no u" just a bit.

Your posting is screaming desperate right now, which I get, but it doesn't make me feel better.
I thought the 'no u' was so blatant that I didn't even mention it. :p
Well now i just feel like a nub. :blush: :noble: :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy, you did not address what I thought was the most pertinent point against you: you made a very sketchy LD statement, "I am a good girl". You even referenced back to it, like, "The LD doesn't have to check all those other things, just that one!" As if it's even a useful statement for the Lie Detector to choose.

That's the point that stood out to me as a huge, glaring, bad spot on your record.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: It feels like a team "no u" just a bit.

Your posting is screaming desperate right now, which I get, but it doesn't make me feel better.
I thought the 'no u' was so blatant that I didn't even mention it. :p
Well now i just feel like a nub. :blush: :noble: :D
Ha ha, no, it still needed to be said. It's more like I was awash in an ocean of sudden 'no u' from Chris... with my focus on the specific things I was saying, I didn't realize it hadn't been said already. It was that potent. :noble: :haha:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

DFaraday wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Chris wrote:BR, why do you suppose I'm getting more suspicion than you or Elo got? Even MP, who survived a NK, suspects me because I survived a NK. How much sense does that make?
Sorry I am still recovering from your latest defense, "dont lynch me because i will die, but if i am the Master why bother?" :haha:

I just finished reading through some loooong posts, but to start its not that you survived an NK, its that you survived 2 NKs. Big difference. If you had just survived a strax kill no biggie, you'd probably be civ, but the cybers tried to kill you on the same night? They have a live role checker on their team and if they learned you were the master, they would know just leading your lynch wouldnt be enough. I dont think the argument you are the Cyber controller works, because um, why would you target yourself, but the Master is a real possibility. I am willing to consider civ options, but its a really hard position to defend from i know.
In response to the bolded, it would not be unheard of for a team to "target" a member of their team, knowing full well that that person will survive, so I wouldn't write off Chris as a Cyberman just yet.

Speaking of, I want to point out that Sarah Jane's role says she can survive "alien" attacks. The Cybermen are not aliens, so I wonder whether Sarah can survive being targeted by them. If not, that just makes Chris look even shadier.
I agree in a normal baddie situation, but i think in the case of Cyber's head survival that it would an unlikely strategy to highlight yourself that way. Thats why I doubt Chris is that role. The only role he could be that should be lynched is the Master i think. I see that MP also thinks we should wait to lynch him since he would survive anyway, but he does have a kill tonight as well. It will take 2 more attempts to kill him however, so I would be willing to put him on backburner until tomorrow and focus on Cybers for the moment.

Interesting thought re: aliens DF.

Hosts - what is the definition of alien you are using in the context of Sarah Jane.

Linki Mmm potent. :wine:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
I wasn't in Supernatural, although it sounds like something I should have been in.
I targeted myself for a kill in that game. It was solely because I Lucifer, we had used Death's power to stop any death from happening for 3 (real life) days. No one would die any way. So, I targeted myself with the kill. I was lynched anyway (I screwed up big time in that game lol).

My point is the ONLY reason why we did it is because NO ONE would die anyway.
This is not the case, to my knowledge, in this game. So, I don't think the Cybermen would waste a kill like that. It seems foolish.
Chris wrote:Dom, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?
Are you serious?

You have created a scenario in your head where 1) everyone who suspects you is bad 2) you literally filled in roles based on who suspected you, you had no mention of me until you just filled in a role because I DON'T JUST UNILATERALLY TRUST YOU and 3) you are requiring MP to attempt to kill himself.

That's desperate.

I'm calling a spade a spade, buddy.
Chris wrote:I didn't vote MM. That can make me look like The Master. But I'm not. SVS can be right about rey quitting regarldless of the role, but I know I wouldn't quit with that role. Most people wouldn't quit with that role. It's rare to get a role like that, and I believe anyone who enjoys mafia would relish a chance to play a role like that. Just think about it... there was no lull in the actions of The Master. Think about how I'm playing, those of you who know my playstyle. Do you really think I'm playing the Indy role? I had the indy role in 6 Feet Under... was I playing like this?
In SFU, I suspected you and you immediately suspected me back and created a whole lot of drama around the two of us. You figured out I was the civvie protector and killed me. This doesn't sound all that different than what is happening now. I suspected you, you no u me and create a whole drama trying to find a world where I am bad. I am not. You threw me in that role simply because I suspect you, no other reason.
I was your teammate in Supernatural with Bass (first game!) and SVS. I absolutely agree about the Cyber kill. We did it out of desperation trying to prevent losing you so early in the game.

In SFU Chris was all over the with you and me. He played me so well in that game since he was the only one who knew my role, that it makes me wary. I def think he could be the Master, but I would also like to look at Df and Snow dog as possible Cybers, so i am willing to put Chris aside for now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Chris wrote:Sorry to keep posting like this. I'm going to work soon, and don't know how long I'll be gone. Plus, I do my best thinking in the morning, and this may be the last morning I've got.

Those who know my playstyle... think of who I'd go after if I was the Indy Killer. SVS will tell you straight away, I'd go after LC, or herself. Especially early on, when it would be harder to tie it to me. I'd go after the players I'd consider the biggest threat. I've said it before. I've done it before.

The people targeted by The Master are not the players that I'd go after.

It's slim, I know... but worth mentioning.
SVS - what do think of this claim?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:I've been trying to maintain an open mind here, but the following posts are contradictory:
Chris wrote:I went for Epig without much reason other than I was tired of hearing about the lie detector shit, and he was acting differently enough for me to vote him just to end it. It wasn't a great reason, but I also didn't care who was lynched between the two of them.
Chris wrote:We were all set to lynch Epig, let's do that. If you still think that I'm bad after that, then lynch me.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 430#p90430

So let me get this straight: You voted for me because you didn't care who got lynched, just that you were tired of hearing about the lie detector business, and that I'm acting differently (without specifying how)? Now you speak for the group when I didn't even receive half the votes cast?

Then:
Chris wrote:I'll reiterate, just because I suspect someone, even if that someone is a civvie, it doesn't mean I'm bad.
Your entire rationale for voting Ep1:
Chris wrote:Changed my vote.

*votes Epignosis*

I seem to remember you getting juliets killed.
That's a double standard. The courtesy you expect to be extended to you is one you don't extend to others.
This is one of things i was trying to point out as well and partly why your posts ring of desperation Chris. It feels like you are throwing pasta at the wall to see what sticks. Like, lets lynch Epi or MP, or or um...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Chris wrote:
Dom wrote:Chris is not presenting a defense. He is suspecting anyone who looks at him which is the exact behavior he exhibited last time he was a serial killer. Please, keys, do tell me what is irrational in my thinking here?
Dom, you are the only one that I suspect only because you suspected me. Ando frankly, it's because you never suspected me before, but now you're certain enough to vote for me now over all previous suspects.

On a circumstantial case.

Oh, and Hedge for the exact same reason.
Wait, so dom is the only one, except me? And what about LC?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”