Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 7

Post by Chris »

NP, I quoted a post of yours from days six that specifically said you didn't think Roxie and was bad. Then on day 7 devoted for her, first. I asked you how do you explain that, in your answer is that you suspected her for a while. But it doesn't explain how on day six you said you didn't think she was bad.

Can you please explain that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

In fact, Chris, here is a list of people I do not necessarily believe are bad at the moment:
Dana
Zeek (deceased)
Daisy (deceased)
Keys
S~V~S
DFaraday

And frankly I didn't think you were bad either, until your NK survival, but even now there's likely only one possibility for you (The Master), and I'm not sure that's true.

All of which I have said at least once, if not multiple times. Of course, I could be wrong, but on some of those I don't think I am. I realize I have posted a lot, so I understand how it seems like I've been all over the place, but especially in the past few cycles my focus has narrowed a bit.

Therefore, I believe MR was the fourth Dalek.

Do you mind answering my question: Are you claiming that you've survived due to a civvie role built in with chances of survival? You seem to have flirted with the idea, but considering your prior claim otherwise, I just want to be clear here. But if you don't want to answer, that's fine too, I'm just trying to discern with more confidence whether I believe you or not.

Linki: Sure, Chris, I'd be glad to answer that question. You're right, I didn't really think she was particularly bad on D6. Let's just say something changed my mind over the night and I thought about her behavior, which led me to the somewhat sloppy suspicion post that I quoted for you above when I voted her. Frankly, I didn't expect people to follow my vote, but I'm glad they did. I was intending on evaluating her more thoroughly once I got past all this midterm assignment madness, but I guess I don't need to now. Hope that helps? If it doesn't, let me know. :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

remember folks, I really think there is a lot of information that can be gained from the Lynch that ended early on day 6.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:juliets 2.0, do you have any other suspects right now other than Gotrees?
I have two people who have piqued my interest but I don't want to name new suspects at night. You are not one of the ones I'm looking at.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:NP, I quoted a post of yours from days six that specifically said you didn't think Roxie and was bad. Then on day 7 devoted for her, first. I asked you how do you explain that, in your answer is that you suspected her for a while. But it doesn't explain how on day six you said you didn't think she was bad.

Can you please explain that?
Also, I did suspect her heavily earlier, but then I dropped her, and didn't bring her back up until D7, so my answer wasn't "I suspected her for a while". It was I suspected her really heavy, thought she responded well, so I reevaluated, didn't think about her for a while, but then recent events made me start thinking about her again.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:juliets 2.0, do you have any other suspects right now other than Gotrees?
I have two people who have piqued my interest but I don't want to name new suspects at night. You are not one of the ones I'm looking at.
Intriguing, I look forward to more elaboration.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Chris wrote:MP, you suspecting anyone in this game doesn't mean anything..you basically suspected every single player in this game.
:wall:

I have never suspected Dana, nor do I suspect her now. There are a few others I've repeatedly said I don't think are bad.

I'm convinced you don't read my posts, so I'm done responding to your never-ending suspicion of me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Chris wrote:remember folks, I really think there is a lot of information that can be gained from the Lynch that ended early on day 6.
Chris, we didn't have a day that ended early other than the lynch where the host set times were earlier than usual. Maybe thats what you mean and I just read this wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, now that I finally have some time to goof off and engage people in discussion for just a bit here before I get back to work :P, what are you currently thinking re: directions to examine for possible suspicion? Or would you rather wait until D8?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

sure MP let's just say that something happened to change your mind. That would work out awfully conveniently for you wouldn't it?

Juliet, yes that's what I mean. Day six ended earlier than almost all players expected.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris wrote:sure MP let's just say that something happened to change your mind. That would work out awfully conveniently for you wouldn't it?

Juliet, yes that's what I mean. Day six ended earlier than almost all players expected.

Wow. Well, I'm done. I tried, Chris, sorry you don't see my intentions are genuine or transparent. If you want to continue suspecting me, continue to be the civilian with the worst track record (assuming you're not The Master) in this game.

And thanks for ignoring my question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If that post doesn't ultimately prove that Chris will read my posts with nefarious intentions regardless of the actual content, I don't know what would.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Snow Dog wrote:What is Thia curry?

Surprised Daleks are all deaded. Great result though. I kinda presume the master recruited her. Could be a secret role. Which Who character could recruit? I'm asking Who fans. The Silence? Doubtful. The Valeyard?

I'm not sure if you are pointing my spelling error out or if you have never had Thai Curry. If it's the first case - well done. I'm kina surprised that's the only one I had tbh. If it was the second, Thai Curry is curry from Thailand. So its like Asian Curry and is super yum. Much like Indian Curry but it's kinda like a stir-fry curry blend.

On a completely unrelated note - BDH and I are going to this PHX Fan Fest thing in December to celebrate our first anniversary. It's basicly a lite version of PHX Comicon. Aaaaaannnnyway - we just found out Colin Baker and Paul McGann are going to be there!!!!! :lorab: :lorab: :fiesta: :omg: :omg: :omg: *faints*
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, now that I finally have some time to goof off and engage people in discussion for just a bit here before I get back to work :P, what are you currently thinking re: directions to examine for possible suspicion? Or would you rather wait until D8?
Here's the people I think are most likely to be bad:
Bass_The_Clever
Bullzeye

DFaraday
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
Gotrees
Ninjablooper

Sabie
SVS

The orange ones have been brought up by others as red flags and I think they're valid. Epig in particular is a tough one to crack, because I believe he'd say the same things as a Civvie as he would as a baddie, right down to the wire.

The pink ones are people I have too little read on, and I think there's Cybermen hiding under the radar.

The rest are people that I am less sure about, and that don't have anyone I trust vouching for them or trusting them specifically.

This was a quick list just to get it out there. I do think that Roxy's insistence that after we lynch her, we should focus on Epignosis and Sabie, is relevant in some way. She said it for a reason, obviously. If she had information or something on the Cyber baddie team, then she would certainly have wanted to get them lynched and gain cred. The only thing is, the Daleks only had a dead-role-checker. BUT she was recruited, and may have had access to some other form of knowledge.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If that post doesn't ultimately prove that Chris will read my posts with nefarious intentions regardless of the actual content, I don't know what would.
You said you were going to stop responding to him, and I applauded via raccoon.

What happened?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, LC, definitely thoughts to mull on. Really interesting.

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If that post doesn't ultimately prove that Chris will read my posts with nefarious intentions regardless of the actual content, I don't know what would.
You said you were going to stop responding to him, and I applauded via raccoon.

What happened?
I should have stopped, but I can't help but feel obligated to respond to posts that suspect me. I'm definitely not bothering any further.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I want to note that your list includes Bullzeye, who would now be Snow Dog 2.0. Unless I missed something, right?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Long Con wrote: I applauded via raccoon.

It was very adorable too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, the raccoon gave me a good laugh. :P

Meh, should stop goofing off now. I think my next people I'll be mulling over include Epig 2.0 and Gotrees the most, but also a few others. Be back later, folks!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I want to note that your list includes Bullzeye, who would now be Snow Dog 2.0. Unless I missed something, right?
Ah, thank you. That's why I had no read on him!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have The Doctor's role decoded a lot, still missing some parts, but definitely see some juicy stuff there. I also have The Ood decoded, although there's a word in there that, if I'm right, is missing a revealed 'e'.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

Chris wrote:sure MP let's just say that something happened to change your mind. That would work out awfully conveniently for you wouldn't it?

I expected it. The end time was written above the poll.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

bea wrote:

Surprised Daleks are all deaded. Great result though. I kinda presume the master recruited her. Could be a secret role. Which Who character could recruit? I'm asking Who fans. The Silence? Doubtful. The Valeyard?

I'm not sure if you are pointing my spelling error out or if you have never had Thai Curry. If it's the first case - well done. I'm kina surprised that's the only one I had tbh. If it was the second, Thai Curry is curry from Thailand. So its like Asian Curry and is super yum. Much like Indian Curry but it's kinda like a stir-fry curry blend.

On a completely unrelated note - BDH and I are going to this PHX Fan Fest thing in December to celebrate our first anniversary. It's basicly a lite version of PHX Comicon. Aaaaaannnnyway - we just found out Colin Baker and Paul McGann are going to be there!!!!! :lorab: :lorab: :fiesta: :omg: :omg: :omg: *faints*

What's "kabobs"? :P
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Snow Dog wrote:
bea wrote:

You're just jealous because Imma get to meet and have my pictie taken with Paul McGann. :p

That's the only reason I can think of you would tease the hostess with a mean streak about spelling errors she made after she had surgery. :eye: :srsnod:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

bea wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
bea wrote:

You're just jealous because Imma get to meet and have my pictie taken with Paul McGann. :p

That's the only reason I can think of you would tease the hostess with a mean streak about spelling errors she made after she had surgery. :eye: :srsnod:
I so wish he had had more time as the Doc. I am glad at least that he has his audio adventures. He was in Cardiff too at the Covention. i didn't go though
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Thanks for the fun while it lasted everyone. rl got in my way the last few days sorry I could not be around.
Good luck to certain player(s) :feb: /dead]
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Roxy wrote:Thanks for the fun while it lasted everyone. rl got in my way the last few days sorry I could not be around.
Good luck to certain player(s) :feb:
;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:Thanks for the fun while it lasted everyone. rl got in my way the last few days sorry I could not be around.
Good luck to certain player(s) :feb:
Good playing with you again, Roxy!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy was a really nice two-for-one. Took out the last Dalek, and diminished this Mystery Recruiter's team by one at the same time. Very good lynch! I think we have to assume that this recruiter is a "baddie"... which applies to an Indy who needs the Civvies dead to win. Though I don't know if the distinction would matter to a Lie Detector... :shrug: Ideally, it's an Indy recruiter who is just a Last Man Standing kind of deal, but it's probably best to assume the worst.

So where's this phantom Insanifier? Is Jackie Tyler finally dead? :shrug:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:Roxy was a really nice two-for-one. Took out the last Dalek, and diminished this Mystery Recruiter's team by one at the same time. Very good lynch! I think we have to assume that this recruiter is a "baddie"... which applies to an Indy who needs the Civvies dead to win. Though I don't know if the distinction would matter to a Lie Detector... :shrug: Ideally, it's an Indy recruiter who is just a Last Man Standing kind of deal, but it's probably best to assume the worst.

What do you mean?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Long Con wrote:Roxy was a really nice two-for-one. Took out the last Dalek, and diminished this Mystery Recruiter's team by one at the same time. Very good lynch! I think we have to assume that this recruiter is a "baddie"... which applies to an Indy who needs the Civvies dead to win. Though I don't know if the distinction would matter to a Lie Detector... :shrug: Ideally, it's an Indy recruiter who is just a Last Man Standing kind of deal, but it's probably best to assume the worst.

What do you mean?

Well that bold didn't stick out enough...
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't know if an Indy whose win condition includes killing all Civvies would pass an "I am not a baddie" lie detect, since that's, like, THE definition of a baddie's goal.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:Brain SALAD Surgery
Great album :D

Silly song :derp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:I don't know if an Indy whose win condition includes killing all Civvies would pass an "I am not a baddie" lie detect, since that's, like, THE definition of a baddie's goal.

Ok, for some reason I thought you were saying the opposite.
ImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

S~V~S wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Oh fuck yes! Exterminated! Told you I'd avenge you, fingersplints <3
Um, you didn't vote for her, Lol.
I did, then you talked me out of it. Last time I listen to you!~ But I'm taking credit for swinging the lynch away from Chris, who might otherwise have dug that hole to Australia, whereupon, he would have been eaten by dingos. :haha:

Chris, g'day mate! I'm still looking at MP. I don't think there is the will to lynch him, considering how much he posts, but I definitely think that's he whole game; he's hiding in the spotlight. :haha:
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Wow. Well, I'm done. I tried, Chris, sorry you don't see my intentions are genuine or transparent. If you want to continue suspecting me, continue to be the civilian with the worst track record (assuming you're not The Master) in this game.

And thanks for ignoring my question.
Do you read my posts?
Chris wrote:Like I said, I'm just putting all of my thoughts out there.

So, replace The Master as Roxy's recruiter. But look at how she targeted her own team! That is the move of a recruited player. That's where I'm focusing. If not The Master (and it appears it's not), then let's figure out who. And I don't mean who in the sense of the show, but which player.

I'm leaving now... I'll be doing some re-reading from my phone, but it's scary to do while driving.

I really hope I don't come home to find nothing discussed... I know it's night, but I feel like we need to be working on this full time.
The posts I was making were hard as hell to make. Voice-to-text fucks up a lot too... I was picking and choosing what to address while driving. There was way too much to type/convey about your question for me to address it while driving.

ANYWAY... I did a lot of thinking while I was driving around today. And I just keep coming back to either I'm seeing something that no one else is seeing, or I'm inventing something that isn't really happening. I found myself questioning way too many people's posts in my head. Way more than can be bad. Also, there are a few things that happened recently that is causing me to have to rethink a few things.

MP, to answer your question, I'm actually fairly surprised that you'd need me to clarify that after how much talking I did about it yesterday. Which caused me to question why you would ask it, which caused me to feel like I should be guarded with that info. Then I realized that there's not really much more that I can hide that I didn't say yesterday... so, yes, I am claiming to be one of those two roles.

:shrug:

(In retrospect, that answer wasn't really all that involved, but to be honest, when you asked it, I was intending treat you as nothing but the enemy MP)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Also MP, I've only contributed to the lynch death of one civvie. Epig 1.0. It was my first day in the game. :noble:

Sorry about that one Epig 1.0. :p
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

Woot Woot People! I picked a yummy salad with lots of crunchy goodness - like sunflower seeds, carrots, and crunchy lettuce of course. But don't forget the boiled eggs and cranberries. Mmm mmm!

So we went on an awesome field trip today! It was to a corn maze with other things like very tall tube slides, a huge jumping pad, playgrounds, hay ride, animals, pumpkin patch, a corn house (seriously, a house FULL of corn kernals. Kind of like a sand box or a ball pit, but CORN about two feet deep....it was SO very cool. I know it sounds weird, but you have not experienced all the good things in life until you have laid in two feet of corn kernals.) Anyway....and we saw llamas. We told the kids we had to take a picture with the llamas and show Logan :) hehe. So..I will be posting that as soon as Epi allows me to use him computer :p
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Woot Woot People! I picked a yummy salad with lots of crunchy goodness - like sunflower seeds, carrots, and crunchy lettuce of course. But don't forget the boiled eggs and cranberries. Mmm mmm!

So we went on an awesome field trip today! It was to a corn maze with other things like very tall tube slides, a huge jumping pad, playgrounds, hay ride, animals, pumpkin patch, a corn house (seriously, a house FULL of corn kernals. Kind of like a sand box or a ball pit, but CORN about two feet deep....it was SO very cool. I know it sounds weird, but you have not experienced all the good things in life until you have laid in two feet of corn kernals.) Anyway....and we saw llamas. We told the kids we had to take a picture with the llamas and show Logan :) hehe. So..I will be posting that as soon as Epi allows me to use him computer :p
Excuse my wife. She seldom gets out.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Woot Woot People! I picked a yummy salad with lots of crunchy goodness - like sunflower seeds, carrots, and crunchy lettuce of course. But don't forget the boiled eggs and cranberries. Mmm mmm!

Excuse my wife. She seldom gets out.
Meanie Head!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Rude, Epig, that sounds fun! :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry I wasn't around this last lynch. RL got in the way. But good work taking out the last dalek.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I voted chicken dinner because its sounds really good right now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Long Con wrote:I have The Doctor's role decoded a lot, still missing some parts, but definitely see some juicy stuff there. I also have The Ood decoded, although there's a word in there that, if I'm right, is missing a revealed 'e'.
Shoot bea and myself a PM on it. If I made a mistake, I'll go ahead and correct it on the main page.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

That sounds like soooooo much fun! BDH asked how I felt about a corn maze and I was all for it till I found out peeps would jump out and skerr you. I don't like to be skerrded. :(

I am seriously jelly that you got to do such awesome things with such awesome kiddies.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

LC, have you posted what you've got so far, or are you saving it for when you get it all figured out?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Why would he post a civvie role?

We don't know who the recruiter is, and if anyone can be recruited. Better safe than sorry.

And corn mazes are so much fun :) Don't so it drunk, though. A few drinks, OK, but it's more fun if you're alert (especially if the actors are good) They aren't that scary, Bea. Last year, we actually managed to scare THEM a few times!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

The scariest thing about this one was the mud.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

This past summer I went to a Sunflower Maze at a local park~ you went in the day, and little kids dressed as fairies were playing in the maze (parents nearby); it sounds silly, but it was so charming.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

S~V~S wrote:Why would he post a civvie role?

We don't know who the recruiter is, and if anyone can be recruited. Better safe than sorry.
Long Con wrote:I'm going to start posting the Civvie role decodes soon, since no one has a problem with it.
I personally don't see a problem with it. I think that the more info the civvies have, the better.

Return to “Previous Jobs”