Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Chris
Tyrant

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 8

Post by Chris »

keys56000000000 wrote:I don't think Sonw Dog or Epignosis are mafioso. Chris, I think you're reaching.

My suspects for Sabie's teammates are:
DF,
Gotrees,
Hedgeowl,
in no particular order.
And you feel Bass isn't a baddie either?

I mean, look at your Sabie teammate list. There is NOTHING to link them, and yet the three I show have thread and vote evidence linking them, you say none of them are his teammate.

:huh:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Ok keys... I'll humor you.

Hedgie had me wondering about her. I know she wasn't the recruiter, but some of her actions were pingy.
Gotrees was simply absent. I suppose when the Daleks were dead, and Sabie started taking heat, it could make sense to just disappear.
DF... I forgot he was playing for a bit, but I don't remember him saying anything that caught my attention.

I suppose if I survive tonight, I'll look into them. Admittedly, I haven't lookat at either DF or Gotrees, and the only things I looked into with Hedgie were related to the recruiter and The Master.

Can you help me with any of it? Maybe I'm letting the voting record similarities cloud my judgement...
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Gotrees wrote:
Dom wrote:Gotrees, just curious, you say you aren't caught up, can you point me to where was the last time you read before you made that post?
Dom, embarrassingly, the last point I have thoroughly read up to is probably around here.

MM's LD post is what inspired me to look up the Cybermen some more and make this post. I then signed off.

Today I checked back to see if anybody said anything about that post, saw juliet's post about me just after it, and responded.

Haven't caught up much since then, other than reading the lynch posts and the night posts by the hosts, and some of the posts about me.
Thank you..
Why do you have time to do so much planet research, but not enough time for game play and reading?

Chris, your theory on the Cyber Body is based on a whole lot of guesses.... I don't think I follow this at all. I do think it's possible Epig and Bass are connected to sable, but that's where we stop.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dom, really, all that was was an attempt to try to figure out who the un-night killable role was. I have no way of knowing if Strax will believe what I said or not. But I also figured it would be better than nothing.

Also, since I'm thinking I'm as good as dead tonight, I wanted to put all of my ideas out there.

I'm almost empty.
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Gotrees - I don't have anything in particular against you, no thread evidence. I just feel like I sense nonchalance in you. That's how I felt about Sabie. That's how I feel about DF, Hedgeowl, and sure Chris, Bass too. I forgot about Bass.

There's another player, has a messed up username like xniadnfajfnou, count him/her in the mix. Feel like that player is a ghost.

How do people feel about Elohcin?

Where is Dana these days? It's like she stopped playing when Enrique was lynched.

linki: Chris, you crack me up. You cases are so wacky, and you're so paranoid, makes me lol. You suspect you're about to be NKd, or the day is going to be ended early and you'll be lynched on vote manipulation. Calm down bro!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well, if Epig, Snow and Bass are who I just spent the entire day saying they are, yeah, I'm dead.

But I'll try a dose of your optimism.

Maybe I'll live...

:haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

If.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
keys56000000000
The Mark

Chris wrote:Well, if Epig, Snow and Bass are who I just spent the entire day saying they are, yeah, I'm dead.
Why would you be dead? Your cases aren't convincing anyone, why bother NKing you? And you could be dead under other circumstances. Say you're wrong, but the Cybermen want it to appear as though you were right, so they NK you so as to frame your suspects, make it look like you were right, so we follow your lead and lynch them.

Might be that the mafia have more pressing business to attend to. Bigger fish to fry.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I compressibility hulky. Chris is probably dead tonight.

I'm superexcellence interested to see who Implausible Chair kills tonight. At least if they kil Chris, Ridiculous Feather aren't killing Strax, our most valuable Implausible Chair (besides The Doctor).
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I voted for Biblios, it seems the goodliest.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

kill amical for 2 of Hearts Run, for my own awesome reasons.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LC, who are your top suspects for Day 9?
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Gotrees »

Dom wrote:
Thank you..
Why do you have time to do so much planet research, but not enough time for game play and reading?
If you check, I've not done any planet research during my absence these past few days. In fact, I've hardly done anything online, both inside and outside of mafia. Last week I didn't even sign in to Skype or Steam or IRC or hardly anything else (with the exception of maybe a half-hour-long Skype call on Friday). As for now, I've sort of given up hope of me ever catching up. More than twenty pages would take me hours. If somebody could recommend a closer place to start reading from, I would be more willing to do that.

Before my hiatus it wasn't an issue of not having enough time, it was more an issue of helping everyone the best way I could. Up until a few days ago I did a pretty good job at keeping up and reading everybody's posts. If you like, you can read my reply to juliets for more on that.
Made wrote:I may be new, but i got furry.
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Chris wrote: Gotrees was simply absent. I suppose when the Daleks were dead, and Sabie started taking heat, it could make sense to just disappear.
I didn't even know the Daleks were dead until a few hours ago. (BTW: Hooray! The Daleks are dead! :fiesta:)
keys56000000000 wrote:Gotrees - I don't have anything in particular against you, no thread evidence. I just feel like I sense nonchalance in you. That's how I felt about Sabie. That's how I feel about DF, Hedgeowl, and sure Chris, Bass too. I forgot about Bass.
Noted. I guess I'll start trying to act more chalant.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Gotrees wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Gotrees - I don't have anything in particular against you, no thread evidence. I just feel like I sense nonchalance in you. That's how I felt about Sabie. That's how I feel about DF, Hedgeowl, and sure Chris, Bass too. I forgot about Bass.
Noted. I guess I'll start trying to act more chalant.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:LC, who are your top suspects for Day 9?
Well, since I'm not going votograph die tonight, pupa like to see the Zelda Silver Golem resperse fisc team analysis. Strax's located religieuse election factor Formics Red Knight repentance.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:LC, who are your top suspects for Day 9?
Well, since I'm not going votograph die tonight, pupa like to see the Zelda Silver Golem resperse fisc team analysis. Strax's located religieuse election factor Formics Red Knight repentance.
Well, since I'm not going to die tonight, I'd like to see the... :|

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'd HannaK Freckles see DharmaRepresentative2342 viridescence results theophobist giving choky Fried_Frogurt. Strax's Diabolic Manipulator balloonery hopefully numps into my Red Knight.
Gotrees
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gotrees »

Long Con wrote:balloonery
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sorry for my lack of participation this weekend. I've done a lot of visiting and had visitors, and I'm now exhausted and ready for bed. I see many have voted for Biblios, which I have no problem with because books are awesome. Just because I'm in a relaxed mood, I'm voting Florana because it sounds the most peaceful (from the DW wiki) and I'm sleepy.

WB MP, bye bye sabie, and goodnight all, I'll see you tomorrow!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I have gotten most of the PMs for tonight. But if I can get all of them relatively soon, then I will go ahead and do all the night stuff. Say, in about 45 minutes or so. That may or may not change depending on how quickly I get tired. I'll try and get it tonight, but if I can't, it will have to wait until I get home from work tomorrow. Sorry to potentially keep all of you waiting on this! I might move the ending times ahead by a few hours for this week too, since earlier times work much better for me right now. Having to wake up before 6 every morning Monday-Friday this week doesn't help with night posts that come at 11:30 or later lol.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:Strax's Diabolic Manipulator balloonery hopefully numps into my Red Knight.
:huh:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am confused, is biblios where the doctor first meets river song? Cause that was a pretty upsetting result, no? But who doesn't love books?

Chris - you were all over the Sabie thing, and I agree with some connections you are making, but my brain is about to explode from the different ideas. I dont even know where to start. If it helps you to post ideas as you go, then go for it. When you reach some clarity, a short summary post would be helpful of your thoughts for me at least.
keys56000000000 wrote:I don't think Sonw Dog or Epignosis are mafioso. Chris, I think you're reaching.

My suspects for Sabie's teammates are:
DF,
Gotrees,
Hedgeowl,
in no particular order.
one of the reasons Epi, Snow, bass, Elo, Ninjablooper seem like possible Cybers is they didnt vote Sabie. I think it's possible that one of the Cybers could be in the last few voters for her, so possibly, DF, Dom, or LC. I didn't see a vote from gotrees, so a possibility there as well. I voted 7th of 10 for sabie, so you can interpret that as you will, but when I posted my intention to vote for her she only had 4 votes. However, I think those who didnt vote Sabie open up the most likely group to find Cybers.

I have wondered about DF for sure, but I don't know currently about him. Snow dog still has my interest, and I am wondering more about Epi, although I find myself appreciating his current posting. Lol.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 439

Post by Epignosis »

Chris claimed one of two roles.

I'm pretty sure he's lying.

Good night.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Well Hedgie, I noticed that Sabie seemed to be a little too good at picking the baddies. I was pretty certain she was bad.

From there, I just tried to to other people to her based on their votes and posts.

It's definitely not fool proof, but we weren't getting anywhere with the Cybers.

At least we got a start...

While I got you here Hedgie... what do you think about DFaraday? you and keys voted for him on day 7. But then I made a decent case on Sable. Are you considering revisiting your Faraday suspicions? Are they still valid?

LINKI @ Epig: No u.
keys56000000000
The Mark

ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry Chris I voted Hedge because I think she has something to do with Roxy being recruited.I guess I should have just not went on vacation and waited while we figured out who you think I should have vote for. But I going to get back to enjoying the beach so I going to vote Biblios.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Chris claimed one of two roles.

I'm pretty sure he's lying.

Good night.
care to talk about this a bit more when you get back? :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Chris wrote:Well Hedgie, I noticed that Sabie seemed to be a little too good at picking the baddies. I was pretty certain she was bad.

From there, I just tried to to other people to her based on their votes and posts.

It's definitely not fool proof, but we weren't getting anywhere with the Cybers.

At least we got a start...

While I got you here Hedgie... what do you think about DFaraday? you and keys voted for him on day 7. But then I made a decent case on Sable. Are you considering revisiting your Faraday suspicions? Are they still valid?

LINKI @ Epig: No u.
I think the voting records you pointed out for possible Cybers are definitely interesting. It just seems like a team wouldn't all vote together that much, but mix it up more. I think it likely we find 1, maybe 2 from bass, snow, and Epi, but not that all three are cyber. What interested me in DF in the first place was the early knowledge of made and Enri as teammates. I saw several people mention that and thought it was an interesting leap that felt very confirmed in the failed Made lynch with his self-vote. However, I wasn't convinced it had to be Epi based on his earlier suspicion of Enri. He also never spelled it out the way DF did. Right now I need to look DF over again in light of Sabie before I will know how I still feel.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hedgeowl wrote:one of the reasons Epi, Snow, bass, Elo, Ninjablooper seem like possible Cybers is they didnt vote Sabie. I think it's possible that one of the Cybers could be in the last few voters for her, so possibly, DF, Dom, or LC.
killed the devoted I also fisc verticity for Sabie, Obscure Boot switched consomme Epig, but I was mediant heliogram that Dark Willow was killed agnosticism soundminded Sabie. Desperate Baddie I switched back to Sabie late (after Valentine got off mafioso in Dr. Von Dreszen to Grego Romytjuh manipulation shenanigans.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sorry, everyone! But my tiredness has now caught up with me. I'm headed to bed. I get off work at 5 tomorrow and should be home around 6. I've done as much as I can tonight, but I'm still missing a few PMs. I will get the night post up tomorrow night as soon as possible. I apologize for having to make all of you wait again! Makes me feel like a slightly fail host. :(
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

BWT, before you go, can you answer my missing PMs question?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Chris wrote:BWT, before you go, can you answer my missing PMs question?
Sure!

Of all those nights, it looks like Night 6 was the only one with any missing PMs. The other 3 nights, I received all PMs.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nincompoop get this compressibility Distracted Jeff failed investigate shouldn't Jason Maher clock back supertonic bit for future events. Diabolic Manipulator :nod:
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Thanks BWT.

I know that Bass didn't vote on day 7, and a quick check of his posting shows his last post was early night 6. Then he didn't come back until night 7.

I'm thinking it was Bass who missed that PM.

LINKI @ LC: I haven't been able to understand you for quite a bit now. I hope you remember what you are trying to say so you can say it again...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Chris,I never got an answer to my question here:
Turnip Head wrote:Who do you think could be the recruiter Chris?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Jason Maher clock back [/size]:nod:
Oops, I almost misread this. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Turnip Head wrote:Chris,I never got an answer to my question here:
Turnip Head wrote:Who do you think could be the recruiter Chris?
Yeah, I'm not even sure about it anymore. I was really putting together some wild theories.

Anyway, I started to think the a recruiter would be fairly quiet, but still in the game. That narrowed it was Dana, DFaraday, ninju, and juliets. I quieckly removed Dana since she hasn't voted or posted since day 4.

Then I thought I found some voting patterns that matched MM's and Roxy's, but the problem is, they all voted for the popular votes, with nothing sticking out. I mean, maybe they can be the recruiter, but I can't seem to find anything that I can use to make a case.

I feel like I'm trying to make a player fit a role, and that's a dangerous game to play.

I should be happy that I got Sabie... honestly, I think I'd be happiest voting for Bass next. He's got the most thread evidence based suspicion.

If I'm dead tomorrow, don't forget that there was a missing PM on night 6, and Bass was gone all of night 6, and even missed the day 7 lynch.

If I'm right, he's the role blocker, and he'd be sending in a PM every night.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Good bye fellow Dr. Who players. Its been real.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Please play again, Sabie!! You are wonderful!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I want to not billabong insane anymore. :(
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I hear ya LC. And this longer night just prolongs your torture.

Do you think Bass should be the next to go?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok Gotrees, I'm sorry I didn't respond to you last night but I was engaged in other activity until I went to bed.

What I'm hearing overall about your behavior in the thread is that you are inexperienced and have fallen behind. You don't know how to baddie hunt which I can understand. You've fallen so far behind it is impossible to catch up so you do the planets thing even though it takes awhile because the alternative (catching up) would not do as much good.

I can understand what you're saying but be aware that the "behind and not caught up" thing is something baddies use to keep from commenting on anything that's current. Put that together with your doing something else instead of catching up and it looks baddie. Your response to me though sounds genuine. I'm not as inclined to think you are bad. But I'm going to give you some advice because you are new - do everything you can to catch up. There have been a lot of things discussed and it would have been nice to know what your thoughts are. If you just can't catch all the way up read what is current - maybe everything since the last post - and see if you can catch on again. For now I'm just going to keep up with you and see if I see anything else that's odd.

Long Con, send the hosts a pm. IMO, it is not fair that you have to stay insanified an extra day because they couldn't get the post up. At least that's my read on it.

Also bwt/bea, it would absolutely be better for me too if you moved that post time back (or up, whichever it is) to something earlier than 11:30. I can almost never stay up that late and it's fun to see the post come up.

Chris i have to re-read some of your postings to know whether or what i agree with. I think your final suspicions were Bass, Snowy, and Epi. I haven't re-read bass and snowy yet but I will do so today. Epi is acting strange - I've never seen him act like this as a baddie or a civ so I don't know what to make of it. It sounds kinda like he's burned out on mafia or doesn't like this game or something like that. So I don't know what to think about him.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe, Juliets, but if the hosts are here to get a PM, then I don't want to distract them bending a single iDave from writing cupshaped irreprovable.

I blowhole that this lynch be roughly 34 hours long.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LOL, and tyhat 34 virago is optimistically based on getting the night post suppliant the hour.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

See, I disagree. The point of the insanifier is to make it so that the target can't effectively communicate for a set time period.

unfortunately, LC is still within the period.

Let's just say he suddenly starts talking normal, gets a whole bunch of information across, and then it turns out he's gotten NKed. He got that info out when, if the hosts had kept to the timeline, LC would be dead already.

So he has to continue insanified talk until the night post is made.

If it was me hosting, I would have locked the thread at night closing last night, and unlocked it once the night post was up.

But that's just me...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I always just view situations like this as an extension of time, and any posts made are just "additional" dawn posts. I don't think it's unfair that LC still is insanified since any posts he is making are just additional N8 posts. Regardless of one's viewpoint on the matter though, it must be said that the hosts have done a fine job so far this game, and I've personally enjoyed the hell out of it. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also Juliets I am getting the same vibe of 'burn out' from Epig 2.0's posts which honestly read more likely lone civvie than baddie to me.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:...it must be said that the hosts have done a fine job so far this game, and I've personally enjoyed the hell out of it. :srsnod:
Here, here.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yes, I think the hosts have done a phenomenal job. You all make good points as to why LC should remain insanified.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”