Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Day 9

Post by zeek »

:haha:

You crack me up, Chris.

In other news I'm not really sure who to vote for today. I'll have to do some read-ups I guess, nobody is really standing out to me.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bass has still not responded to the allegations that he is Sabie's teammate.
This is the most worrisome thing about Bass to me, tbh.
Sorry I just got home not to long ago and had to unpack. But I was not on sabie's team or recruited or the master so I don't know what else I can say. I voted for who I thought to be bad this whole game. I still think hedge could be the person who recruits and now its day nine so their is a possibility that she has 3 people on here team now. The way chris said there was no way hedge could be the recruiter makes me think he could be recruited I mean why not recruit a player that claims to have a civvie role and has some kind of protection from night kills. Also he has be trying to drive the thread away from the topic of the recruiter.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

So Bass.

You think Hedgie gave the player she recruited, the vote that got him lynched?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Bass has still not responded to the allegations that he is Sabie's teammate.
This is the most worrisome thing about Bass to me, tbh.
Sorry I just got home not to long ago and had to unpack. But I was not on sabie's team or recruited or the master so I don't know what else I can say. I voted for who I thought to be bad this whole game. I still think hedge could be the person who recruits and now its day nine so their is a possibility that she has 3 people on here team now. The way chris said there was no way hedge could be the recruiter makes me think he could be recruited I mean why not recruit a player that claims to have a civvie role and has some kind of protection from night kills. Also he has be trying to drive the thread away from the topic of the recruiter.
how do you know how often the recruiter recruits?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Long Con wrote:LOL MP, that role decode looks just about right.
Cool. I worked really hard on it, after all!

Hosts:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets* If he finds 1 companion, his vote is permanently doubled. If he finds 2 companions, any votes against him count as 1/2. If he finds 3 companions, he gains the ability to create a “day of sunshine” for all civvies. No civvies can be lynched the following day period, and any night abilities used by baddies or the indy will not affect civvies the following night period. Also, given he is a Time Lord, he can regenerate. If he is lynched, he will regenerate (come back to life) after the following night period ends.
Is this correct for The Doctor's secrets?
That is correct. Updating it now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, he gains a permanent ability. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets* If he finds 1 companion, his vote is permanently doubled. If he finds 2 companions, any votes against him count as 1/2. If he finds 3 companions, he gains the ability to create a “day of sunshine” for all civvies. No civvies can be lynched the following day period, and any night abilities used by baddies or the indy will not affect civvies the following night period. Also, given he is a Time Lord, he can regenerate. If he is lynched, he will regenerate (come back to life) after the following night period ends.
In a classic case of a host screwing up...

I actually did the word 'lynched' wrong in the role secrets. It should be 'killed' in all honesty. I read MP's post as it saying 'killed', and went ahead and changed it to that.

I'm leaving the full disclosure on the main page though, because that was my own error in that case. I apologize for any inconvenience or issues this may have caused.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Chris wrote:I know it's useless, but here's this:
Dalek Sec:
If someone targets a member of your team with a night action, you can conduct a -a----- experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action does not work and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (outside of being voted) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action still does not work, but there are no other effects.

HOSTS: Is the last unknown word correct? It looks like it should be "random", but it doesn't fit.
Put a guess on that last word, and we will find out. :P
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I"m switching my vote to Bass. I feel he has the next most thread evidence of being a baddie.

*votes Bass*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

keys56000000000 wrote:
Oh Hosts: is there game info to be interpreted in the wording of your night posts?
Only if somebody dies or doesn't die. The ways in which it is written into the night posts is just for flavor.

So to answer your question, no.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Dalek Sec:
If someone targets a member of your team with a night action, you can conduct a painful experiment on them. A coin is then tossed. If heads, the night action does not work and you flip a coin again. If tails, nothing happens. If the coin lands heads on the second flip, that player will not be able to effectively target your team in any way (outside of being voted) for the remainder of the game. If tails, the night action still does nothing, but there are no other effects.
How's that?

LINKI: Whoa, does that mean that BR's NK attempt may not have been blocked?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Good job, Chris! That is correct!

Also, you all have solved all of the role secrets it seems! Good job! :fiesta: Everyone who helped has just won the following prize!

Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Hey, BWT, while you're fixing things... Sabie and Roxy aren't in red in the players list...
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Chris wrote:Hey, BWT, while you're fixing things... Sabie and Roxy aren't in red in the players list...
I've fixed a lot tonight. Bea can fix that one. :P But thanks for pointing it out!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Hedgeowl »

Turnip Head wrote:Keys I see you've got your vote on Hedgie atm, what're your thoughts there?
Thanks TH. I hadnt even noticed. So keys, did i miss your vote post?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

equivalence Distracted Jeff asked a acescent question and Han Tzu would like hotbrained see the response from Bass. goodie team now knavery leaning toward voting for scaffolding but I want mansuetude see his vendue to NorthernBelle question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:LINKI: Whoa, does that mean that BR's NK attempt may not have been blocked?
The hosts wrote that post knowing she was blocked, and forgetting to maintain absolute textual neutrality. Despite the claim that there is no extra info to be had in posts, I know from experience that it's very easy to "slip up" and write a little too much in the post. I have no proof at all that this happened, and I will continue to insist that it happened until the game is over. It's just too obvious - they even made sure to write that Black Rock "had no idea" that it had happened.

Also, I agree with Chris, we DESERVE something to decode for the last two secret roles. :noble: Let it be done.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Chris wrote:So Bass.

Only if Hedgie is not civvie aligned. That would be a baddie move IF she is the recruiter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Only if Hedgie is not civvie aligned. That would be a baddie move IF she is the recruiter.
I don't understand why even a baddie Hedge would kill her own ally.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Civvie credibility of course. Sacrifice a teammate (who's under suspicion anyway), to clear your name from the suspish lists.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Its not like that lynch was spread out though, enough people thought Epig was suspicious enough for Hedgeowl to vote to save a teammate and not look that suspicious. I'm not seeing this.

MM, are you saying you think Hedgeowl is the recruiter as well?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Of course he is.

He's got to hide the real recruiter....
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:Of course he is.

He's got to hide the real recruiter....
Or is that what he wants us to think??
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Honestly Dom, I would consider Hedgie as the recruiter if she hadn't voted for MM last like she did during his lynch.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Chris wrote:Honestly Dom, I would consider Hedgie as the recruiter if she hadn't voted for MM last like she did during his lynch.
So why couldn't MM be recruited by The Master?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Chris wrote:Honestly Dom, I would consider Hedgie as the recruiter if she hadn't voted for MM last like she did during his lynch.
Do you read the thread?

If MM was her recruit, why would she give him a vote that would tie the lynch instead of voting for Epig, giving Epig a two vote lead?

She wouldn't.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm sorry Bass. I misread your post.

But my point still stands. This has been discussed, at length. If The Master could recruit, he'd be STUPID powerful.

Surviving 3 attempts on his life. A kill every other day. BTSC (if found).

If he was able to recruit, it would be terribly unbalanced. Not to mention it says nothing about it in The Master's secrets, and I even asked.
Chris wrote: Also also:

I asked the hosts if there were any more secrets for the roles other than the ones lists. They answered there were not. The Master's role says nothing about recruiting.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Chris wrote:HOSTS:

- Are the secrets listed in the role descriptions the only secrets for a role? Are there secrets for any roles that aren't listed, even under the tildes?
2) Yes. The tildes list all the role secrets for each role. There are no hidden secrets.

I quoted the wrong thing...
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Civvie credibility of course. Sacrifice a teammate (who's under suspicion anyway), to clear your name from the suspish lists.
Yep, I did it all for the civ cred. :noble:

I don't understand this strategy at all. We know you were recruited, and now you are saying yes this person here recruited me and then lynched me for the civ cred? Is that right? It feels like you are essentially proving I am not on the recruited team, which again doesn't make any sense to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hedgeowl wrote:It feels like you are essentially proving I am not on the recruited team, which again doesn't make any sense to me.
:eye: This is turning absolutely brilliant.

It makes too much sense to me for a recruit to "prove" his recruiter couldn't possibly have recruited him.

I don't want to touch this one with a ten-foot Sonic Screwdriver. :ninja:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Bass, you didn't address Dom's question. How do you know so much about the recruited team? Like number of recruits, when they recruit etc.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I will be looking again at DF, snow, and possibly bass as possible Cybers for today's vote. I think it unlikely that Epi is cyber at this point.

i am sick right now, so I will be checking in, but maybe not as sharp as some have come to expect.

Linki I know LC. It's either the stupidest or smartest strategy ever.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Hedgeowl wrote:I will be looking again at DF, snow, and possibly bass as possible Cybers for today's vote. I think it unlikely that Epi is cyber at this point.

i am sick right now, so I will be checking in, but maybe not as sharp as some have come to expect.

Linki I know LC. It's either the stupidest or smartest strategy ever.
Hedgie, if you're the recruiter, I'm never playing in any mafia game you ever play in again.

That being said, MM was basically a vanilla role at that point, but the whole thing for a recruiter to win the game is numbers. It's all about numbers.

And there's no way a recruiter would ever lynch their recruit for the cred.

And before that point... no one even knew a fucking thing about the recruiter.

I refuse to believe Hedgie would ever:

A: vote her own recruit like that

B: expose her recruiting role to the rest of the players
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, I voted for Bass because all my reading tells me that's who will be lynched today, and I support that. Sorry, Mr. Bass! :)
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

LC, if I were to ask you to vote for MP tonight, and leave it there for it to count, would you?

This would be under the understanding that I don't want to lynch him at all, and if someone were to add a vote to him, you could immediately remove your own.

The reason I'd ask you to do this is to chase a lead.

Would you be willing to do this?

Black Rock, I'd like to know your answer to the above scenario as well...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sounds unusual, but he'd resurrect anyways, so I might be willing to do that.

If he were on the poll.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Wanna answer my questions?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted bass.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:Sounds unusual, but he'd resurrect anyways, so I might be willing to do that.

If he were on the poll.
The point is though, yo'd be willing to do it if you were fairly sure he wouldn't be lynched.

Now, are you willing to do it only because if he dies, he'll come back? (Which, by the way, i'm not sure he would)

What if I asked you to do that with someone who you didn't think had an autorez?

Again, no chance of this person being lynched.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'd want to know why.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

i also bawcock lucific Bass is the Illyria Pequeninos go mafioso. I villous Pequeninos like that Venomous Imp came back to the words Jason Maher talk but Long Con don't Dom's credibility to him, an rousing question under the bus osteopathist what villain said. Bubbles do killed think concluding and founder are connected protect if he athleticism up bigsimpsin unfold scaffolding have to assagai that.

*Vote killed
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris, why are you so confident that MM had no contact with the Master?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Long Con wrote:I'd want to know why.
I have a theory that the recruiter can't vote for anyone that they've recruited. And possibly that anyone they've recruited can't vote for anyone on their team.

It's slim, but I think I see it in the votes...

I'm not Dom. But I can't find anything in his posts that suggests a connection to anyone who could be The Master. I'm also assuming that being recruited would sever any former BTSC. That could be a wrong assumption, but I believe it's the norm.

Lastly, I think MM was recruited on night five. Allowing that my assumption about former BTSC is correct, that would mean he'd have had the time to make 4 attempts to find him. Those are some slim odds.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chris wrote:
I have a theory that the recruiter can't vote for anyone that they've recruited. And possibly that anyone they've recruited can't vote for anyone on their team.

Sounds crazy to me, lay it out if you like, but I am not on board with that theory.
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

I'm not asking you to believe it, or even do it.

I'm asking you if you'd do it if I asked you to...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Chris wrote:

That seems a silly and arbitrary rule which would limit that team's ability to play strategically. What gave you this idea? Where in the votes are you "seeing" this?

Chris wrote:I'm not Dom. But I can't find anything in his posts that suggests a connection to anyone who could be The Master. I'm also assuming that being recruited would sever any former BTSC. That could be a wrong assumption, but I believe it's the norm.
I haven't played in any game where that has been the case. I don't believe it's the norm, maybe we've just played different games. Wouldn't that tip off the former team that they've been compromised?
Chris
Tyrant

Post by Chris »

Yes.

But maybe I'm wrong. If so... that's going to change the way I'm thinking of things.

HOSTS:

Does a player with BTSC lose that BTSC if they are recruited? Specifically, did Roxy lose her BTSC with the Daleks when she got recruited?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris wrote:I'm not asking you to believe it, or even do it.

I'm asking you if you'd do it if I asked you to...
Chris, there are so many problems embedded within this statement.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Chris, when were you recruited?
How do you know so much about the recruiting team?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Okay Chris, I would consider doing it if you said pretty please.... but I don't think many people would, so I don't see this going anywhere.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

What does everyone think of SVS so far? I've not seen her take any heat yet but I also don't see anyone vouching for her or trusting her. It feels like something is missing from her game but I can't quite place my finger on it. Less conducive to open discussion? Her posts seem to go down carefully mapped avenues of thought, unlike those of a freewheeling baddie hunter.

I'm probably voting for Bass but that seems like yesterday's news already. Bass hasn't said or done anything to make me doubt the evidence against him. I brought up a point about Bass saying he went back and read old games of Made's and Enrique's in order to figure out they were bad. It sounded like bulloney to me and he never responded to it. I think he got rolechecker info on one or both of them and dressed it up as his own research. Especially considering Bass doesn't have many contributions to the discussion this game, that point really sticks out.

Return to “Previous Jobs”